Super Mario Maker 2

How hyped are you?

Attached: D5OciDvU4AEh5SY.jpg (2048x1536, 437K)

Not a lot. It's just mario levels made by retards. Might get it if it's bundled with the switch pro.

pretty hyped, Mario Maker was my most played game on Wii U and was a blast before they shut down miiverse/comments - which has me somewhat concerned over how they'll handle comments, if at all, in SMM2

really hyped, even though the wiiU tablet is actually the perfect platform for it. Can you even use a stylus on the switch?

It might actually make me buy a switch. I saw how the Wii U one was good vut the console was pretty much abandoned.

capacitive styluses exist, they're usually rubber-tipped

There's even a preorder bonus in UK and Japan for a Mario Maker 2 themed stylus.

>being hyped

Attached: 371-3710439_wojak-soy-memes-png-wojak-face-mad-soy.jpg (820x836, 347K)

I suck at all platforming games, and people-created stages are even more sadistic from what I see so no thanks

Attached: 1546572280239.gif (270x270, 2.3M)

Or you could just get a 5-pack from the dollar store or something.

Go to bed, Tam.

None. I've learned my lesson from Odyssey. Never getting hyped for Nintendo again

I would much rather a 3D Mario maker

Nah, I'm waiting for super yoshi and friends maker. I heard you can make cool pictures in it. Like in mario paint, but more advanced.

Pretty hyped, it was fun having drinks with friends and queuing up some Super Mario Maker levels back when the original launched.

Attached: ComedyGold.jpg (370x278, 18K)

This. Not sure how I'm supposed to be hyped for an updated 'New Super Mario Bros.' maker.
I would be up for it if people made good levels, but they don't make anything outside of those 'don't move' levels, ones with a gimmick, or insanely hard and requiring pixel perfect jumps.
At least a 3d Mario level maker would be something new.

>another Wii U game gets a DLC-pack tier content addition and is called a sequel instead of what it is
When will this stop

I skipped out on the WiiU version so I'm looking forward to it even more

Attached: 1556224410015.jpg (1080x1069, 97K)

You're unlikely to stop being retarded, so never.

He's not wrong. Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate were glorified ports with new/modified content thrown in.

What does Mario Maker 2 add that warrants calling it a sequel?

what does any game adds that warrants calling it a sequel besides better graphics?

I'll watch some streamers play it for couple of days and then forget about it for the rest of my life.

Wrong. You’re both just retarded

>Smash Ultimate is a port
Ah, this old argument

Attached: 1539785327252.png (1000x1107, 622K)

>load up custom levels people upload online
>its some completely autistic broken mess that only speedrunning spergs would bother playing through
yeah no thanks

I agree, a game with better graphics shouldn't just be called a sequel.
Question still stands, what does Mario Maker 2 offer that warrants calling it a sequel?

It has slopes.

on/off blocks
SLOPES
Vertical Levels
More stage scenarios
New enemies
New stage hazards

>I have decided what the objective difference between a port and sequel is based on very arbitrary requirements for this specific argument that dont apply to any other game sequel

nigga who the fuck still gets hyped over mario games? other than being enjoyed in short bursts they're casual as fuck

I'm not.
I'm an uncreative brainlet.
I suck at Mario.

6 new features and will be sold at full $60. There are some mugs here and they aren't working at Nintendo.

The same does apply. Look at the Uncharted series, all play almost identically but with marginally updated graphics, sound gameplay etc. They get called sequels because there's a new story with new locations - they're significantly different it that regard.
Mario Maker is closer to a tool than a game and the 'sequel' is only adding a few new features. They call it Mario Maker '2' because they know they can justify to all the Nintendo fanboys paying the same for a full price game, rather than an expansion, which this is.

>Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate were glorified ports
t. never played splatoon 1 or smash 4

Just hope they don’t fuck it up like they did with the 3DS version

>They get called sequels because there's a new story with new locations
oh, so exactly like splatoon 1 and splatoon 2 then, which apparently aren't sequels in your book?

Not even that user, not played Splatoon either so I don't have an opinion on it.

>6
Try 20+, and that's with only a single trailer.

Wasn't the fucked part of the 3DS port that they took out online sharing?

>no super mario bros 2/super mario bros usa assets
>no paper mario assets
>no 3d editor to make mario 64 stages

Attached: monkey sees something it shouldnt have.jpg (1151x616, 62K)

>>no 3d editor to make mario 64 stages
honestly, this is a terrible idea. Creating 3D games on a console is clunky at best and a pain in the ass at worst. Plus, it's significantly more difficult and time-consuming to make a well designed level for a 3D game versus 2D.

The first trailer for the first game only showed off SMB1 and NSMB assets with a later trailer showing off the SMB3/World stuff. They might be hiding more stuff to share in a future trailer like at E3.

I have zero creative talent in me. I hate making stuff.
i much prefer enjoying others' creations. but i hate overcomplicated shit that i can't figure out.
i didn't get Mario maker 1 for these reasons, will Mario maker 2 be any different?

If the greater gaming populace can't even make functional 2D levels with braindead tools, what makes you think 3D ones would be any better or worth your time?
I gotta be honest, I think a lot of the people complaining about Mario Maker don't even really enjoy Mario. Realistically, an Odyssey mode would entertain you for two hours before you got bored and went to go play something else.

Attached: miiverse13.jpg (1280x960, 241K)

see

>don't enjoy playing 'braindead' Mario levels
>this means people hate an entire franchise
At least a 3d one would offer something more than slopes.
Why do people defend corporate laziness? Is it because its Nintendo?

will it still be fun without miiverse though?

judging the bottom right screenshot

smb1 jungle level with aquatic segment

sm3dw with fireballs,transparent blocks and ice spikes

amb3 desert theme

smw with banzai bill and coloured pipes and some white blocks

nsmbu night theme with lava

SMM2 adds way more than just slopes bruh

*licks boot*

yes, well meme'd user

>this means people hate an entire franchise
No you dumbass. It means you hate Mario Maker. You have this vision in your head of an endlessly replayable Mario 64 when the the reality will be even more gutter trash than 90% of the current level selection. The sequel is doing the right thing, improving, iterating, and adding features that complement the core gameplay instead of wasting time on gimmicky modes and visuals that meme people into pretending they enjoy it.

Attached: 1535954269412.jpg (540x309, 33K)

I was thinking more like Mario Sunshine but whatever.

Why would I be?
>90% Musical/Don't Touch Controller levels
>5% Brutally difficult levels that require tons of advanced mechanics
>4% piss easy/shitty levels
>1% actually decent levels
>Physics aren't accurate to the original games and are based off shitty NSMB physics

Attached: 1529501726769.jpg (750x747, 76K)

>staying on easy
YIKES

>He can’t play expert

SEETHING