No mortal kombat thread

>No mortal kombat thread
lets fix that, the game is fun.

Attached: MK11CoverArt_01.jpg (1332x850, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YqeQGyD6jk8
venturebeat.com/2019/04/24/mortal-kombat-11-has-franchises-most-successful-launch-ever-years-of-content-planned/
youtu.be/KJPKBt2Lu34
youtube.com/watch?v=pXo51gTGKDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Really? The game came out two days ago, there's a single thread and it's gonna die without a reply? What the fuck happened to the mk hype.

We all went to the general because every thread turns into a shitflinging culture war

That makes sense, i got tired of seeing all the no boobies posting weeks ago. I want to talk about gameplay not any irrelevant bullshit.

People grew up

Casuals hate the grind, PC and switch players are still an update behind, serious players are mixed on it. Even big NRS shills dislike how variations have been handled. Matches seem very samey to me, there isn't anything to talk about cause the neutral game is all about safe strings that get you in or teleporting in on zoners.

Go pay your "competitive" nintendie switcharoo party game kiddo the adults are talking.

nobody likes mortal kombat any more

It's not like the devs are to blame for it, right?

They made Cassie very cute in this one, didn't they

paid shills and their interns. game is shit and censored

>he don’t wike my game! He must wike nitendo!! Teehee! Showed him!

Seems like MK did worse than usual. A game with 0 hype did better

Attached: 1556405754752.jpg (515x524, 66K)

Jim Sterling made a video, now everyone hates Netherrealm.

Tbh i like customization but mk11 seems more geared towards casuals in that regard with custom movesets being turned off in competitive (this is how it should be) but the default variations are ass and play the same mostly compared to XL. in my 5 hours of play i really enjoy it so far but i do miss the mkxl variation system.

>its the devs fault
>despite this being the case in the last 3 months

Attached: 1507108850215.png (754x680, 532K)

I'm so fucking bad at these games.

I can't even get through the combo tutorial in MK9. I'm stuck on a fucking X A Y combo.

I will never get good.

$10,000 worth of micro transactions. Even if only 10% ever goes up on the time store that is still $1,000 worth
youtube.com/watch?v=YqeQGyD6jk8

Just let me unlock what i actually want without paying. Even Tekken got this right with 2,000 matches unlocking everything.

>Zombie open world crafting console game
Compared too
>one of the most popular games in the niche normie repellent genre
Hmmm gives me big thinks.

Attached: thinking.jpg (1400x800, 37K)

>devs start shitfest
>people cry about other people reacting to it
Sorry fag, we aren't bootlickers like you

MK fags bragged in every thread pre release how it will sell millions because it's has so much normie appeal

Its a rhythm game mixed with muscle memory, just practice and sit in training room for 50 hours bro git gud lmao. Get a sparing partner it makes it a lot more fun.

loot boxes and 6 dollar Brutalities happened. Shadow of Mordor 2's gameplay was good game too but its monetization ruined the entire game for everyone.

>normie repellent genre
MKX sold 5 million in months. Your bullshit doesn't work here. MK has managed to sell on brand alone before, yet something is clearly up here. It should trounce all competition with no issue.

literally says the sales are strong mortal kombat is failing

What kind of shitfest was there at 3 months ago? I've been follwoing these threads for months. They've devolved into this culture war shitflinging before the devs started shit.

Im skipping this mk. Forgetting long time fans to pander to outrage feminists just feels off for mortal kombat. Not to mention the insane loot grind for shity reskins.

Give us classic outfits and remove the loot box style bullshit and it would have been a game I gave a shit about

I feel the same as you

Attached: the-phantom.jpg (500x476, 182K)

Why do people care about sex appeal and not how the game actually plays? Literally who gives a flying fuck if they look like injustice characters in burkas when the game feels solid.

venturebeat.com/2019/04/24/mortal-kombat-11-has-franchises-most-successful-launch-ever-years-of-content-planned/

>MK has managed to sell on brand alone before,
Selling on brand alone tends to work exactly once. If casuals are not happy with your most recent product, its not going to show in the sales of that product, its going to show in the next one. Everyone was gushing about the new super-violent fatalities in MKX but poor netcode, optimisation, crashes and day 1 DLC gave a lot of casual players a sour taste in their mouths with MKX.

Same, not touching this MK until it gets a proper offline mode and the loot box bullshit is removed entirely. Going to get Samsho instead (that better not have any lootbox bullshit) and in the meantime while waiting for that game, used some of my budget meant for MK to buy pic related.

youtu.be/KJPKBt2Lu34

Attached: OFDP2.jpg (800x445, 63K)

>Selling on brand alone tends to work exactly once
Explain CoD. I get your point though.

They always claim it for any game, same with every new movie. Most successful doesn't mean shit, could just mean they shipped more units than usual but not actually sold them.

>Selling on brand alone tends to work exactly once.
MK has done so for decades now. The interest for MK11 just isn't there. It'll sell better than most fighters still cause brand but well below what MK has achieved.

>Give us classic outfits
You mean "classic" outfits, not outfits from MK1-3, user, and we all know it.

PC version is a shitshow right now and half the patchnotes of the first patch were straight up lies.

I reallly like the gameplay itself, but i dont know if ill deal with that bullshit any longer.
We still have different fucking framedata than the PS4 version.
You can't even practice a character because of that.

sniveling mongrels who would sacrifice sex appeal, freedom and LIBERTY in exchange for "game feels solid" mechanics deserve NEITHER.

It's when they started showing off the roster aka when they revealed the women's redeisgns.

There are no lootboxes in MK11, you dumb shit. Is it so hard to do a little research before shitposting?

Hey I want "every woman is just jade with another color" as much as I want fleshpit back

One finger death punch is a great example of shity devs saying "where done being shit" and just making a great game.

Well he isn't completely wrong. The krypt does feature random chests, you just can't buy any of the currency for them. How the randomness works is also confusing, there are set bundles of items but they could appear anywhere. The heart chests are for specific characters but could contain any bundle of items for them. You can however buy a currency that lets you buy items that are put up on a timed store. You can earn a very small amount of this in game, like a phone game where it is mainly linked to levelling up which of course gets less frequent the more you level up. Ed has been very unclear what can and will go up on the timed store, but for such a format a large percentage of the items must go on there at some point.

So it is basically pay not to grind. It manages to be messy and scummy at the same time. Which likely annoys people more, we aren't even 100% clear on how the system works so players get frustrated.

Just refund it, user.

Dev's explained the krypt: every chest is hand-made but the location of koin chests is randomized.

PC bros, it's finally fixed.

youtube.com/watch?v=pXo51gTGKDs

>60 fps fatality, krypt, menu patch
based

I kinda like the new designs of the characters but I miss the big tiddies. They are too obviously toned down.

>buying a blatant sjw game
not happening, it goes against my principles. i'll wait until it hits the bargain bin with MK11XL maybe

>d pad is broken on the left side
Combine this with my tendency to button mash when I'm in trouble and I can never perform literally any advanced combo. It sucks bros.

I actually like the look of the females and the game in general a lot, but just about every opinion of a pc player is negative. fugg

Attached: 123123.jpg (1242x1482, 319K)

>two days ago

Attached: Cute Skarlet.jpg (656x841, 171K)

>that
>cute
Yikes

Attached: typical MK thread.jpg (795x328, 35K)

>What the fuck happened to the mk hype.
it never existed. wtf are you on.

Haven't played a MK game in a while, how's the single player content? I know about the story mode and towers but does each character have their own story mode?

didnt know people actually gave a shit about the story or offline gamemodes..

>proper offline
That probably won't happen. I hate not getting anything while playing offline though.

>literally who cares how characters look in fighting game where the only thing you have is characters

Attached: 1480369267717.png (513x1117, 934K)

>how's the single player content?
Opinion is mixed on the story mode, but it isn't worse than your standard fighting game story mode. Honestly I hope these go out of fashion. Towers are busted right now, screen filling unblockable enhancements that only hit you. They are nerfing the worst stuff soon but it will never be fun to deal with that, it isn't fun stuff like weird gravity or no head mode. Krypt is a 3D world you walk around in with puzzles, like a 3D version of MKX's. But the koin grind and random chests make it a lot less fun. You also have to do stuff like 50 fatalities on Cetrion so you can get a key to unlock another area. Tutorial is pretty good, not quite UNIst levels but way better than most.

>but does each character have their own story mode?
There is an arcade mode where you get an ending, just pictures though not an animated ending.

Overall I wouldn't recommend the for single player. Maybe if towers get fixed.

Customisation in T7 is trash tho. I stopped bothering unlocked everything when I realised 90% of the obects are goofy le random shit.

I don't really give a shit about the lack of bimbos

I'm waiting for god damn team ladder, more moves, and my fucking robots

Attached: 1546016393910.png (629x1173, 131K)

>Customisation in T7 is trash tho
So is MK11's. T7's customisation is a step down for the series but it still way better than MK11's. You get a few unique items, can actually choose the colours and can mix and match. MK11 you get default (20 colours you have to unlock), default minus gloves (20 colours too unlock), alt that is barely a change (20 colours) etc. No more fun costumes like workout Cassie.

Plus at least Tekken is open about the shared items and just gives you them all. MK11 is out here trying to pretend shit is unique but not sharing all the options.

Attached: 1.jpg (1936x1936, 365K)

I'll never understand how people don't get this.

why does Variations exist again?

MK was never about customisation, it's their first attempt.

Tekken 7 trash customisation doesn't even have this excuse.

They were decent in MKx because they actually changed drastically how characters are being played. Here it's just a lazy job.
They promised they will add more shit, so we will see

I cant shake the feeling that variations just limits the creativity of the fight no?

>MK was never about customisation
Injustice 2 was made by the same people and was all about customisation. And MK11 still managed to be a step down, the huge selling point of this game was customisation as well. The concept in general is not some weird never attempted idea. However you slice it their customisation is ass even compared to weak competition.

Customization in Injustice 2 was way better. I don't know how they managed to make it worse here.

I kinda want there to be a series of games that take place in the past timelines in raiden's visions.

I know what you mean. Like I wouldn't choose Scorpion's air grab or air slice over a lot of his kit. But if it were just a general part of his move list I could vary up how he plays on top of my other tools. Instead of just switching variations cause I want a teleport against zoners, but then losing the other stuff I like using. I also find it really weird how Misery Blade was left out of both his competitive variation. It is such a big tool for him.

Not that the move lists are too small, but there is something messy about it. Often comes off like some of the set moves are just we know that nobody would pick this.

>cares about cosmetics over gameplay
in a fighting game

Game isnt very good, it's okay but kind of a let down and the fact that the future content is going to be pretty expensive is a big turn off

Here i am thinking they did kitana dirty and Made her really weak (sehr actually has a good 1 bar 28% BnB and great krushing blows)

And then i tried SUB Zero, and oh Boy does He barely Feel Like a Character
Also whoever "designed/Chose" the Tournament Variations deserves to be fired

Attached: 1555013830395.jpg (830x1024, 150K)

Yes because characters don't really have a lot of special moves or combo.

Same here, they didn't add anything in this MK that is better than the others, buying a new game just because it's new and not better but worse in a lot of ways because of the grind and DLC just feels dumb to me

>He barely Feel Like a Character
Try playing Shao Kahn, even worse.

A lot of characters feel very limited. Maybe this was part of them attempting to make a neutral focused game, but you can do that and still give the characters a lot of options. Like SFV the design feels very top down, which means if your character is lacking in some way you can't get around it by being creative.

The gameplay is worse than 9 and X

I care about the gameplay and the game looks fun but PC has been fucked over again so what am i supposed to do, wait a month and hope beyond hope that they don't abandon PC?

Subzero actually is pretty good

The krypt is the Same its Always been, except that the Locations of the lootboxes are random for each Player so you Cant Just Look Up all the [Character] crates

The reason why people say its Grindy is because this time, the krypt has Like 10 times more items to unlock.
Most of them are comprised of all the cosmetics this Game Has that werent in mkx or 9
The only dumb Things are ofcourse the Konsumables and loadout Icons, but they can be somewhat avoided by Sticking to expensive chests

Wich Variation and why?
Can you even Land His 8 Hit krushing Blow midscreen?

>The reason why people say its Grindy is because this time, the krypt has Like 10 times more items to unlock.
Stuff also costs more than before, certain puzzle items are hard to unlock and the main way of earning currencies is the towers which are fucked right now. Earning hearts or souls is a full time job

>Sticking to expensive chests
I just get whatever has more than 10k for outfits

So do you only get the grindy shit in Ai battles? What about regular old online pvp?

Attached: 1429405713170.jpg (550x708, 172K)

The only good mk games are Mk9 and shaolin monks. Mk11 is ass and the only goog thing about it is young Johnny cage.

>What about regular old online pvp?
You don't get much for them, though they can fill out the dailies and contribute to unlocking towers. Towers often have some kind of unlock at the end that you can only get there or if they rotate to the store.

I don't play him, but heard about him from several pro players.

This worst Thing is that online ranked is the worst way to unlock anything
The rewards are tiny