Yea Forumsintendo will defend this

Yea Forumsintendo will defend this.

Attached: graphics_vs_artstyle.jpg (1920x1976, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol

Attached: breath_of_the_wild_red_dead_redemption_2.jpg (1918x2162, 1.09M)

I liked both. What do you expect from a tablet?

those screenshots actually make BotW look good
just boot up the game and climb up a random rocky outcrop, it's not hard to make the game look bad

Artstyle won't make your game look good in 10 years when the artstyle makes your game look like shit in the current year.

BotW will forever be ugly.

It’s been two years why is Yea Forums still traumatized by Breath of the Wild? If it is as bad as Yea Forums says it is, then why bother spamming 100 threads every day trying to convince people how bad it is?

>muh graphix

sup plebs

soulless vs soulless

Attached: 1433872019732.png (512x450, 207K)

>It’s been two years why is Yea Forums still traumatized by Breath of the Wild? If it is as bad as Yea Forums says it is, then why bother spamming 100 threads every day trying to convince people how bad it is?
Sony

PC gamers love it
Nintendo gamers love it

Sony are salty their PC is a toaster and can't emulate

I played it for approx 60h on cemu.

It could have been alot better.

There are maybe 6 or so enemies in the entire game, the shrines are really boring and feel repetitive after the first 10.

The 4 behemoths can fuckoff, they were so incredibly boring and short. And the blights werent challenging except the thunder one.

Gameworld feels generally empty.

only children play minecraft

>nintendies exaggerating for homosexual points

I don't see a "sooth" button for your horse on the RDR2 screenshot

Attached: Shock.png (496x496, 258K)

Defend what?

Imagine bitching about graphics

This desu

I made my dad play the witcher 3 and he ragequit at the tutorial- I haven't played in a long time but I think it was a grenade lobbing thing that said "throw here", and he couldn't find the marker.
it was on the minimap and there was a physical beacon in the world, maybe a hud arrow as well, and he started complaining that the game still had a problem because "I don't care, I don't see it."
/blog

sometimes I feel that casualization is for boomers and not zoomers.

Witcher 3 had both grafix AND art style

Nintendo just has no clue what they're doing with their first parties, I realized they were way behind on star fox.
That game looked like shit, it was embarrassing.
Why do you think they only zelda where they haven't gone for a hardcore stylization, IN 16 YEARS, was twilight princes?

The cell shading allows them to play down the horrible textures and other subpar stuff

Attached: Witcher-3-Blood-and-Wine.jpg (1920x1200, 713K)

You can soothe your horse when they get skittish around predators. You can also pet, gib snaks and brushies to your horse in rdr2.

>sometimes I feel that casualization is for boomers and not zoomers.
Of course it's not for zoomers, casualization started in mid/late 2000s.
Casualization was always boomers, boomers that changed lives because got married/got into a high hours job, etc, yet, they demanded the hobbies to change with them instead of allocating their time better or simply accepting they can't do the same things they could do before due to their own choices.

Same shit happened with phone games, you think zoomers are playing candy crush and other dumb shit on their phones?
No, not if they have a choice at least, minecraft/h1z1/fortnite came first

Meanwhile, if I take a bus or a train I will always, without fail, see at least 3-4 boomers playing dumb jew trap games on their phones

Fucking EMBARRASSING
Looks like monster hunter for PSP.

Attached: star-fox-zero-screenshot-2.jpg (1100x619, 101K)

>Minimalism bad

Do you realize tha SFZ was developed by Platinum right?

>AAA price for a game that looks like an app made in unity
At least its fun, right?

seethe

Now both witcher3 and rdr2 isn't played on a 300$ toaster either

Attached: 1542822262205.jpg (396x395, 34K)

This is a $60 AAA 1st party Nintendo game to be released in 2019.

Attached: FE1.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

>looks like a fucking phone game

Attached: 1556063153110.gif (500x250, 183K)

The bottom shot is emulated, it doesn't even look nearly as sharp or color correct as that on the wii u or the switch.

Attached: FE2.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

>WILD Hunt
>Breath of the WILD
>WILD Lands

Everyone is riding off of CD Project Reds success.

Just wait until Cyberpunk is released. Next Zelda confirmed to be in Hyperule

See that mountain over there in RDR2(((((*)))))?

There's a R* Shark card over there.

botw would've amazing with its current style if it was made for much stronger hardware like home console tier at least

The game feels like a demo for the next game now that they know what the fuck they are doing

Seriously, what's the point of these threads other than proving yet again how PS4 is more powerful than Switch? Of course, we know that FIFA looks better on PS4, you don't have to repeat that every day. There is nothing to ''defend'' here.

like imagine if you somehow combined the two images in the OP

Its old neta stuff for wii u looks better since the wiiu is a bajillion times stronger look at XCX vs XB2 for example

They both look pretty nice OP

Artstyle does not equal graphics.

U looke pretty nice
*honk honk*

Attached: 1535143470570.png (800x800, 377K)

The gameplay is worse than oot

It's just /v just showing how much they love the game.
>unwritten rule of /v - if you love it gotta shit post about it at least 5 times a day

Still can't get over BotW.

LMAFO you're beyond pathetic at this stage.

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

Attached: 1505946528337.png (700x913, 368K)

But I replayed Zelda everytime I could, while

>RDR2
Once finished the main story with Arthur, I could not even bother finishing the game with John

>TW3
Great game, loved every second of it. It's a action-RPG, it's kinda different and it's way more mature, has a deep lore and you really need to prepare for fights

>BoTW
It's the very first sandbox game I've ever played, once you leave the plateau everything (everything) is at your disposal, you can do whatever you want, and go wherever you want
It doesn't feel much like a Zelda game, shrines are boring and repetitive and main dungeons are meh

I'm replaying MM at the moment and there's absolutely no comparison in terms of side quests, dungeons and character

Attached: bd84fcd1a80c74cce4fc8ea9ce3927f7.jpg (640x360, 23K)

BOTW's art style is garbage. they clearly had different plans (see some of the early shots where the world looks to be full of details) and then couldn't get those to run on nintendo's most recent joke of a console.
pic related is a particularly good example
>silhouette highlighting + extreme ambient lighting term
whole game looks like you got your TV contrast/brightness settings wrong, except the HUD shows that you have the settings right. you'd have to ruin the HUD to even begin to make it look decent.

Attached: 1551539474331.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Its alot more like Zelda 1 but even then its more open than that

Days hours minutes since Yea Forums last etc

it's a shame the story guides you to zoras domain because it'd be way more fun if the game never told you where you should go or what's going on after you leave the plateau and you'd just have to wander around until you find some story elements

Wtf you post this post verbatim Everytime

Get a life

>it's a shame the story guides you to zoras domain
It's a shame because it's the best part
The other 3 are all inferior and a letdown after zora

BotW is good, but I get what you mean. I can't wait to see new 3D Zelda. Apparently it is coming next year, since they got engine, assets etc ready and reusable after BotW.

yeah, though my point was more about the game telling you where to go, because it'd be really cool if you had absolutely no idea where to go and had to actually explore, which you never need to do in botw because if you just follow the quest-line it guides you through the game

Because even those who didn't enjoy it can at least agree it was daring and took more risks than most of the garbage that came out in 2017, a solid game in a sea of shitty ones. I say most because Nier automata was also kino

>Apparently it is coming next year

Attached: A_cock_asking_for_source.webm (320x240, 889K)

I know many of you guys are busy with your shitposting, but I wanted to thank you guys for recommending Outward to me. Its been very fun.

Legit leaker from resetera leaked both 2D release this year and 3D release next year.

now that I think about it it'd legit make the game 10x better for me because then finding the shit in it would actually feel like finding shit

when I played through the story as it wanted me to, "finding" the stuff on the path never felt like finding anything

Fucking this, botw feels like a step in the right direction rather than a great game, genuine interest in what they do next

I feel like most players started branching off in different orders after Zora, and I highly doubt everyone took the same routes to get to them. Considering its the most fun, it works as a tutorial/first dungeon. But I understand what you mean

>can't get to mana tower
>every time I try, some shitty faggot bandit kills me in two shots
>end up in the mines
>escape
>oh great now my loot is on the other side of the fucking map

fuck that game, I wanted to like it tho

I wish adventure games would make this the norm so it actually felt like an adventure

MEANWHILE...

youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY

Witcher for the looks and the story
Zelda for the gameplay and mechanics

Hopefully I have less issues with that. I'm hoping it stays fun all the way through.

maybe but the game definitely guides you to go
zora -> gerudo -> rito -> goron
unless I remember completely wrong

Both extremely good looking, nice pictures of two great games OP

What a shit list. The only ones that really made sense were
>Bloodborne
>BotW
The rest is just fucking garbage.

so fucking much this, the story should never be laid out to you, instead you wander around, find some people, they have their self contained story elements, then you wander elsewhere, repeat and after a while you develop a sense of the world you're in and with enough exploring you find the dungeons or whatever that are hidden in the world

but of course people won't play a game that doesn't tell them where to go

>but of course people won't play a game that doesn't tell them where to go
Minecraft sold billions

honestly how the fuck does this run on the wiiu? I don´t understand it.
>inb4 ps2 graphics
Wiiu has an actual shitty cpu, and the switch has one that is much much better than it. And botw is a heavy physics based game.

I can imagine its tough for a designer to balance guiding the player vs removing restrictions so the flow of exploring always feels natural and discovering/encounters are meaningful. The more freedom you grant the player the more variables and limitations need to be considered, just to make sure the over abundance of systems don't fuck with the gameplay loop. I'd hate to be tasked with making an open world RPG with the level of polish from smaller, focused games

like remember the uphill path to zoras domain with all the enemies and shit? now imagine stumbling on it without any idea what it is and why it's there and you decide you should get past that hard part just to find out what's up there
true but minecraft exploring is way different due to it being procedurally generated

the WiiU port literally only exists so that people can emulate it, nobody actually plays it on the WiiU, nintendo just figured they'd be cool and let the graphicsfags have BotW on a machine that can make full use of it

when you think about it, botw doesn't have much more physics going on at one time than say half life 2

switch cpu is incredibly weak too, it's like weaker than midrange phone cpu

Top soul
Botton garbage

Attached: IMG_20190422_200322.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

Attached: botw first person 2.png (1920x1080, 3.76M)

Botw has alot of fun systems and mechanics that are just natural interactions with the game world and the things that populate it. Witcher 3 has a gorgeous map, great atmosphere and sharply written characters. The real issue worth addressing is why the fuck are these two companies not learning from each other? Imagine all the good shit from these two games combined.

Attached: IMG_20190302_153739.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Damn you zoomers with your mental illnesses, anxiety, ADHD and whatnot.

I'd like to see you try to play, lets day Fallout 2, Planescape 2 or even Baldur's Gate 2 longer than an hour without you getting anxious. And your explanation?

>t-t-the game was never good! Give me loot boxes! Cosmetic skins!

There's something really nice looking about this, though that vista is definitely missing some clouds and birds.

holy shit

Attached: IMG_20190302_155946.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

>it's current year and we still can't have both depth of BOTW and the fidelity and attention to detail of Witcher/RDR2
The industry sucks

i don't even understand the console rivalry culture period. i own a gaming PC and recently bought a PS4 to play all this gen's games i missed. my brother owns a Switch so i get to play the 3 good games that console has.

arguing about it is next-level autism that i will never understand

They're making it for that audience so it makes sense

did rdr2 get a pc port?

Some people never grow up from console wars. Imagine not being able to discuss about anything else besides videogame console preferences, these people are not adults and I legit feel bad for their parents who look at their son who remained a 15-year old child

BotW looks good, RDR2 looks amazing. Both games are great a look good in their own respects. Stop being gayboys

Attached: Zelda Botw ZO.png (1030x576, 761K)

Attached: IMG_20190302_160544.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

This begs the question. What is Nintendo actually capable of?

If their next system just cut any and all gimmick features and just released a straight powerhouse of a console, is Nintendo capable of competing graphically? Or does consistently weak hardware just mask their mediocre graphical prowess?

Attached: Zelda Botw A.png (1278x722, 1.22M)

seriously compare either game to their predecessors rather than to each other and see how both have made incredible strides

to be fair Half life 2 was pretty linear, also havok physics simulation is just as good if not better than source. Plenty of AAA shit on much more powerful hardware lack simple yet playful physics like this so how about we not complain when it is actually there on a game of this scale. Why when I play metro, witcher 3 or dark souls why can I not just do basic shit like pick things up, throw them on the ground or on a pot to cook something? climb or cut a tree, light shit on fire, freeze or burn to death, slide down slopes SSX style on my shield and shoot arrows like fucking legolas etc. Why is it just this one game on such a shitty piece of hardware doing all these things we should expect from all games like this?

it's not like I am complaining I just explained that the reason is because it doesn't have much physics shit going on at once, like I remember that infamous game for ps4 had like 20k physics particles for some stupid character flame alone

botw has a few ragdolls and some rocks and barrels pretty much

Attached: Zelda Botw S.png (1032x574, 1015K)

>is Nintendo capable of competing graphically?
go look at the difference between mk8 on a console with a weaker cpu than the ps3 and the little big planet cart race game. If that doesn´t answer your question I don´t know what will.

Also who the fuck cares about this honestly? This graphic whoring literally showed us this gen that is completly unneccessary and the only thing that is important is the fucking artstyle. Last gen ND made 4.5 games this year it´s 2.5, we got two Infamous games, this time one and something that won´t come out until 2020.

Attached: RDR2 - Arthur hill.png (960x540, 978K)

Attached: IMG_20190302_154938.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

Attached: RDR2 - Arthur mountains.png (960x540, 909K)

I'd rather have BotW's philosophy where they went easy on the graphics and heavy on the details. Like who gives an ass about your flame having 60,000 polygons and ray tracing light effects, it's more fun when your flame dynamically acts with the world around it and catches grass on fire or goes out in the rain.

posting compressed youtube screenshots and comparing them to ingame screenshots doesn´t help you in anything. just saying.

I'd rather have everything you can have which is what I hope to see when we get past the tablet console era

They're screenshots I took directly from my Switch but nice try bud

>1032x574
Literally only one as the 1280x720 res the switch has and you honestly want me to believe that then the icons are more blurry than when I played on a wiiu 1080p monitor and they weren´t blurry at all.
Sure.

No
RDR2 looks realistic, and it does so amazingly well as it's supposed to, but that doesn't deviate from the fact that it looks boring .

>when we get past the tablet console era
I have some bad news then, because what's past the "tablet console era" is the "smartphone console era".

Attached: 1451179971988.jpg (800x573, 65K)

When you think about it, when has the strongest console in each respective generation ever been the most successful? Nintendo just push the limits of their hardware, without sacrificing frame rate (most of the time) to the point where they exceed the average looking games on superior hardware. They've always had more priority in how readable an image can be rather than fidelity, I don't think nintendo releasing a powerhouse console would really change anything, they've never let being behind in rendering power stop them from trying to make a good game and It think that's why it works.

Why don't you take some screenshots yourself? You'd see that it will end up the same you delusional retard

Attached: IMG_20190302_154558.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

>unironically debating about graphics while both games are garbage
Reminder that goty 2019 and 2020 is an early ass unity game with simple graphics.

Attached: co-op-rogue-like-risk-of-rain-2-surprise-launches-in-steam-early-access-1553858627541.jpg (1871x1053, 973K)

well mediocre hardware has failed them for 2 gens now, hopefully they go back.

That one looks pretty awesome, get rid of that HUD though

nice at best. the landscape is still pretty empty and fog-filter is totally unnecessary

>screenshots on a wiiu
you know what, do what you want. I act like I believe you.

The screenshot is from a Switch you moron drone

>photorealism is the only measure of quality
All three are good, get over yourself with this bullshit.

you stupid idiot, who can´t think for five minutes. You said I should take screenshots myself, which isn´t possible on the wiiu without miiverse and now fuck off please.

I'm with you in that this game would have been even prettier on better hardware, but at first glance its still just a nicely staged scene. The map has a pretty good sense of scale and is littered with smart object placement. Definitely looks like the switch is being pushed though.