I've played through Undertale two times now and I still don't get what's so special about it...

I've played through Undertale two times now and I still don't get what's so special about it. Is it only designed to appeal to zoomers?

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_Undertale_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 42K)

furfags and trannies mostly

pretty much, yea
its progressive and has a good ost
thats enough for people these days

It's designed to be whatever Toby Fox wanted it to be. Doubt he thought about appealing to "zoomers".

The same cab be said for any game, if you don't get it, you don't get it. I appreciated the twist on the format. Also, as for the zoomers thing, just remember, Yea Forums loved it until it blew the fuck up.

it mostly appeals to furries

Well, it's not anything as impressive as some people make it out to be and genuinely overrated as fuck. If you played any mother game (which undertale was inspired by) you get to see how the game is so bare bones and simple.

Toby had already an audience before for his previous works with music in homestuck and game hacks and undertale was a game that happened to please that audience.

Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time, and I think Undertale's excellent. I don't see how you came to this conclusion; the games don't have much to do with each other.

Maybe it just isn't for you. Hit me in the feels real hard when I played it a few years ago. Not sure it would work anymore after lurking here for those few years.

Nah not really I know plenty of people who enjoy it. It's imaginative and the lore is brilliantly thought out. I don't mind if "zoomers" enjoy it too though. It's a great RPG why wouldn't they?

If it's not for you I understand though! Appeal changes from person to person depending on their life experiences. Undertale simply doesn't benefit yours

I played undertale first and only years later mother 3 after. Undertale felt empty when I picked it again. I am not saying the game is similar to mother 3 but that it was an inspiration but the game feels empty and not nearly as great as any mother game.

Praising Undertale is a meme
Shitposting. To get epic (You)'s and le SALT

I'm literally a 30yo boomer, visited Yea Forums for 14 years so I should be jaded as fuck, and I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Still listen to parts of the OST for motivation.

this
definition of a soulful game

>t. trannies

>what's special about it
>I played it two times
apparently, you liked it enough to play it twice

Why are you so obsessed with the mentally ill?

>implying
Just wanted to see a different ending retard, it was a chore to go through again

not OP but I played it first time when it barely came out due to a friend, forgot about it some time after and then I recently picked it up again for narrative study and dropped it even before papyrus. I played deltarune but it was the one of the most embarassing experiences I had, it's fucking terrible.

I guess I never liked the game to begin with since even from the first time I played it, it was unimpressive and cheesy and I didn't bother getting genocide or neutral route (I got pacifist)

as a huge furfag active in tumblr and on twitter with tons of trans friends, i always see them praising and sharing mother series artwork, even more often than undertale's and deltarune's

Attached: D5DxwXqUcAIs2ii.jpg (720x640, 34K)

>and I didn't bother getting genocide or neutral route (I got pacifist)
So you used a walkthrough from the very beginning, gotcha.

My friend told me to not kill any monster. He told me after I said that I killed toriel and papyrus because since none of the characters in undertale have any development or depth and the very, very few exceptions are still shallow as hell, I couldnt feel any sympath for them, even when the game wanted to throw a pity party over me.

It's mainly just the quirky humor and some lore faggotry.

>be nice to people
>progressive

Should've stopped on playthrough 0 there, OP.

Attached: 1546917758064.png (500x324, 121K)

I don't think things like the Alphys date and most of the stupid shit with her will age well, but the game is solid otherwise.

Attached: UT.webm (640x360, 2.71M)

here's a funny story, I know only one guy that loved this game and he's a fat NEET

have sex

This is a bit sudden, user. I don't even know you.

Mother 3 is my favorite game of all time too! Ayyy. Except now I dunno if I can play it again. It was sad enough to begin with but my own mother recently passed and she also loved sunflowers and even kinda resembled Hinawa...so...yeah. Also my dog was always my best bro as a kid so.....double yeah. Still a fuckin great game though