I'm thinking of buying a console, but I can't choose between a PS4 and a Switch...

I'm thinking of buying a console, but I can't choose between a PS4 and a Switch. I've been tempted to buy a PS4 because of the exclusives, but the Switch for me seems cheaper by a slim margin and also has a good library of exclusives. Both even have JRPG shit I might be enticed to buy someday.

Should I wait for an updated Switch with better hardware, or maybe even the PS5 or simply flip a coin for it?

Attached: amnesiac ass-man ponders on the meaning of life.jpg (516x440, 109K)

I bought a PS4 recently, probably 6 months ago, and I haven't regretted it. Look at what kinda games you want though. There's a lot of action/RPG's/Puzzle type stuff on PS4.

both have good shit. for jrpg games don’t bother with a PS4, rarely any good exclusives I would actually suggest you to buy a ps3 and cfw that shit and get a switch for the same price of a ps4

Assuming you already play on PC, don't get a PS4. Get a Switch. PS4 only has like two worthwhile exclusives (Bloodborne and Gravity Rush 2). Even if you don't already play on PC, still don't get a PS4. Just build a mid-range PC if you're too poor to build a high end one.

I'm also interested in playing the old games I missed out on the PS3 and 2, like the God of War series. I know buying an Xbox is pretty redundant at this point (and I've seen its performance at my neighbor's).

i'd just get both at different times.
just pick one up that has games you want to play now, and the other when you're able to afford it again, which might possibly have better hardware
if you're really that strapped for cash and can only pick one, i'd lean ps4 mainly due to me being a p5fag, but it's really up to what kind of games you'd play more of on what console.

So I've noticed. I'm leaning towards the amount of single player games PS4 has. Switch seems to have the same, but with a stronger focus on Nintendo releases. Normally I'd buy a Nintendo console at its peak like what I did for the 3DS, but the whole docking gimmick for TVs vs its apparent lag/lower hardware vs the PS4 is making me think twice.

I've considered it, but seems like it would be better to buy a 2nd hand PS4 for the older PS games.

Bit of an RPG fan and a mild JRPG fan. So far PS4 seems to be the better couch console based on the posts here. What's the best niche title for the PS anyway? Gravity Rush seems to be one of the most brought up in general threads.

Persona 5 is my personal favorite as far as PS4 only titles go.

Attached: Persona.jpg (1200x2642, 372K)

I am still mad at that fucking manga's ending.

The memes about dating the teacher had me interested. It struck me initially as a The World Ends With You game with turnbased and relationships.

I didn't even know it ended. I stopped at the summer race arc. Did Hana win?

How about you wait until next gen so you don't waste your money!

You can emulate PS2 and PS3 on PC. PS4 doesn't have backwards comparability, so you have to hope the old games you want to play have a remaster port for PS4, or a PS2 classics port on PSN.

Apparently the anime doesn't do Joker justice and makes him into a bland harem protagonist.

she became a "slut" it was a bad ending

Literally nobody won. He didn't even bother giving it a satisfying ending.

Persona 5 isn't PS4 only, though. It's on PS3 (thus, you can emulate the PS3 version on PC).

wait on the ps5 and play the ps4 ones with BC (confirmed)

wait on the switch pro

play pc meanwhile

It's part of my options. I'm asking now because I'm less likely to buy a new console at its first year due to prices, and likely because I prefer waiting for the PS5 titles to be released. I still remember deciding against buying a PS4 and a Switch because of the nogaemes memes while leaning towards buying an XBox for reasons I can't remember.

There is a huge library of PS4 games, if you bought one, you probably wouldn't regret it in the long run. I own probably 20 PS4 games and haven't even finished them all yet and still have a list of other things I will buy in the future.

Sounds as bad as the ending to Hayate no Gotoku.

Bro shut up

why would anyone get a switch
It's got like 4 games, all just more mario and splatoon and zelda crap. Nothing is coming out, and nothing came out for all of 2018

it's a port machine
you can play games you played 2 years ago ON THE GO

It is just a horrible trainwreck when the cavalry battle starts. Don't even bother with the rest of it.

I'd probably be stuck just trying to complete franchises. Looks like I'm convinced for the PS4.

Considering because of other titles like Bayonetta. I grew up on Nintendo handhelds like the poorfag that I was so my struggle comes from familiarity.

Attached: 1456460270134.png (936x780, 453K)

Have you ever had any Xbox? Even if you think the Xbone's library itself is trash (because all the "exclusives" are on PC), it's probably worthwhile to get it as a backwards compatibility machine if you never had an OG Xbox or a 360. I'm considering getting one just to be able to play shit I missed out on like Panzer Dragoon Orta, the Ninja Gaiden games, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, and others.

Get a used switch and hack it.

>Looks like I'm convinced for the PS4.
Money wasted, but hey, it's your money. Do what you want.

I hate to say it since I went with sony since ps2 but honestly the switch is a better buy. Bigger difference between that and PC. ps4 is worth it if you're too poor to upgrade your PC like I am/was and you've no plan on upgrading your pc for a long time. Switch has more to offer that's different while PS4 has some exclusive games but is otherwise just a cheap, limited pc with decent power for the price. Selling my ps4 personally and honestly the games are looking to be worse in the future too with the censorship.

Only a complete retard buys a Switch over PS4.

Yes, PS4 has more worthwhile exclusives AND also every multiplat ever.

Attached: ps4-firstp.png (670x1191, 1.25M)

Well the Xbox seems to have some good niche titles but doesn't really warrant buying an X1 or a 360.

How good is your PC? You can find used PS4s with a fuck ton of games very cheap these days.

That future seems to be worse for the PS5 than the PS4 in terms of localization (and Nintendo's been through worse in recent years). The PS4 vs the PC is a no-brainer, with the only reason to buy a PS4 is for the exclusives.

Five out of eight of those games have piqued my interest in the PS4, though I've heard that Horizon plays a bit like Assassins Creed/Farcry 3

It's not a waste if he enjoys it. Plenty of people have bought PS4's and enjoyed them.

Horizon is trash, it's true.

>ps3 game is my favorite as far as ps4 only titles go
what did xhe mean by this

it's seven years old but has high ram 16gb and I've upgraded the video card to a 960 (4gb) two years ago. I can buy a new rig, but since the recent games like RE2 plays pretty good at 1080, 50-60 fps constant at mid-high settings, I'll wait a few more years. Reason why I'm looking for a console is for the exclusives I've missed out.

No one bought the PS3, Persona 5 might as well be PS4 only.

Yeah, localization, censorship and so forth. It's good if you can't afford a PC and don't care too much about the freedoms that give but it's looking worse and worse with ps5. Big reason I want to sell my ps4 now is because I think the worth is going to be a lot less going forward. Better to sell it before normals realize it. Nintendo strangely enough censor less and are getting plenty of good games going forward (FFCC and more) and is different enough from a PC unlike the ps4.

Well I guess the PS4 will do. Thanks for your input guys. Really appreciate it.

Attached: 1434958546449.png (308x320, 78K)

But the PS4 doesn't have that many worthwhile exclusives, doesn't have a way of playing pre-PS4 titles (besides buying PS4 rereleases of said titles, and it's not even guaranteed that the game you're interested in has a PS4 rerelease), charges you $60/year to play online, etc. Again, if you want one, more power to you, but I don't understand why someone, given the choice, would choose to get one versus just upgrading their PC and getting a Switch for the Nintendo exclusives and portability.

I own a PS4 and a Switch, I don't really play games on my computer. Some people just like the simplicity of just turning on a console and playing games. I'm not really interested in mods and there aren't a lot of PC only titles I want to play, so it just makes sense to own the consoles. As long as you aren't on a super tight budget constraint, owning a PS4 and Switch isn't a terrible option.

S-Switchbros....

Well, up to you buddy. I still think the switch is a better buy if you want a console at all (unless you're broke and the ps4 is the closest to a gaming pc you can get) Have fun though and enjoy!

Well this has been a pretty good Yea Forums thread given that the theme borders on console war.

This was more of a console battle.

Why is this so low res?

or a skirmish. Switchbros didn't put up too much of a fight.

Depends what your existing hardware is. I have both. However, I mainly play on PC. I would say Switch is the better platform. But if I wasn't a piratefag and/or a whore for handhelds I would buy a PS4 for now. Not because it is better, but because you can buy one for dirt cheap used, and a lot of the good exclusives are $15-$20 now physically. Even cheaper in some PS store sales. Where as Switch games are mostly insanely priced still and the hardware is expensive. Especially when you factor in you dont want to buy a handheld used. Plus the revised version might be better, whereas with PS4, slim is just the same shit, and the next super slim will still be the same shit.
tl;dr Buy a used PS4 for super cheap, than load up on games for like $15 each. Then do the same with switch in like 4 years.

it was one of the worst endings i've seen in a long ass time. artist didnt give a fuck

Attached: Capture.jpg (878x852, 100K)

Switch guys haven't been as vocal lately for some reason. Probably most of them killed themselves after finding out Persona 5 isn't coming to the switch.