Please help with Minecraft

For the life of me I cannot figure out why Minecraft is so slow on my computer. I have a laptop with two GPUs. I have set the Minecraft launcher to use the good GPU, as well as javaw.exe, which is the main application running Minecraft. And yet its still extremely choppy. I can run a lot of games really well, why is Minecraft so fucking laggy? Is there something about Java where it always runs the integrated GPU as opposed to the hybrid? GPU is radeon rx 560x

Attached: 246x0w.jpg (246x246, 14K)

>computer
>laptop

Attached: 1529924952397.jpg (544x434, 18K)

I think Minecraft is just naturally slow and laggy.

minecraft is cpu based, what is your cpu?

Buy a real pc faggot

You have quite literally the same gpu (and I'm guessing the same laptop) as me. I played minecraft yesterday with bros for almost 8 hours. no stuttering whatsoever. Upgrade your drivers or some shit. The AMD autodetect utility does everything for you.

Is virtualization enabled in your bios? Are you using java8? How much ram are you allocating to it?

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

I understand its not *amazing* but shouldnt it be able to run 60fps at low settings really well? i can run games like witcher 3 just fine but minecraft is terrible. whats going on?

>The AMD autodetect utility does everything for you.
i have had to set it to run the good GPU for every game i use

the autodetect utility is used to update your graphics card, my dude. you're talking about the AMD radeon settings.
anyways, you bought the wrong laptop because AMD cards in general require a lot of modifications and manual adjustments.
from what I can infer, you don't know much about computers yet.

just downloaded the AMD adrenaline. didnt seem to do anything

its just weird. i start up minecraft. put it on low settings. and it get sreally slow quickly and makes my whole laptop lag. wtf? why does it do this, when no other game does?

Did you turn vsync off?

I have a similar problem to this nigger
I just upgraded my gpu a few months ago and I went to play minecraft with the boys and I only get 1 fps, yes 1. What the fuck do I do? Even if It was running off of integrated graphics my cpu would be able to run it faster than that.

Attached: 290967933c5a51e0d5edd60b8ef6ff8bf280e7473370757d28d87b6e94035c79 (1).png (1024x1023, 506K)

also I did all the shit this guy asked to no avail

I dunno, I'd just chalk it up to amd/windows being retarded then. I remember after I dual booted ubuntu and tried it out it worked flawlessly

Op here. Just reset my laptop to factory settings so I can start fresh

Try the Windows 10 edition.

because the devs are incompetent.

Attached: optifine.png (985x1287, 197K)

Does anyone know wtf is up with world generation in 1.14? Seems significantly slow. And what’s up with the ugly square map you see when loading the game?

Why does everything I love die?

Try installing 64 bit java, and allocatting like 6 gb of memory in the launcher.

dude just turn down your graphics settings
minecraft gets more and more resource intensive over time as they upgrade it
I used to be able to run it GREAT on my R9 270 and now I have to turn down chunk rendering to get it to make a consistent 30

1. play 1.12.2 or below, the newest versions have shit optimisations
2. install optifine

allocate ram

works on my machine

They fucked it up, hotfix needed and on its way

Any good servers you fags play on?

Attached: 1551939151626.png (1177x900, 739K)

Could be thermal throttling

I can get like 300fps on my i5-7500 on 1.14. You probably got something fucked up check how much ram you dedicated and check your java version

are you that redditniggerfaggot who lives in his moms van? if yes you are too late, already took a huuuge fat dump all over the server.
they figured out how to do rollbacks sadly.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 1505332056998.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Try allocation more ram

check in task manager if CPU or graphics are the bottleneck

Minecraft is really fucking terribly optimized, but if you're running somewhat modern games at 60 like Witcher 3 then you shouldn't have trouble running the vanilla game without shaders or anything.

This

The few active servers I know of are either dead as fuck or just terribly run. It's really rare to find a decent host out of this shithole and when you do they never last long.

That's unfortunate.

Play 1.14 they optimized the game finally. 1.13 is just horrible

minecraftlauncher.exe is set to good GPU
javaw.exe is set to good GPU
so why is the game still so choppy? does something else have to be set to the good GPU?

I'm still hoping that a Yea Forums server starts for this update

>Minecraft 1.7.10 runs just fine on my poorfag 4GB ram laptop with 115 kitchen sink mods with space for much more
>Minecraft 1.12 runs out of memory all the fucking time with 96 carefully handpicked mods
God I fucking hate Mojang

i have a bomb ass GPU, and Minecraft still runs like ass.

Because it's a more CPU-intensive game. By default it's going to run like shit on a laptop because of this.

Alright, shut the fuck up about your video card already, that doesn't matter all that much here. Make sure your CPU isn't being throttled by temperatures and that it's set to maximum performance in power settings. Laptops like to throttle down to save power depending on the settings. I don't know about AMD but Intel has that turbo boost thing that needs to be enabled in the BIOS.

jesus, this fits with my lag problem that i have when i play mods, after some time or even at the very start every 2 seconds i get a lag spike that freezes me 2 seconds over and over like this.
god what is this shit.

Attached: 153714033166535.png (511x694, 176K)

so why does it seem like minecraft is the only game where this is an issue?