Is this the most pretentious game series of all time?

Is this the most pretentious game series of all time?

Attached: mgs.png (631x403, 166K)

Half - Life is.

What morale shit is that trying to push? I never fell for the HL meme.

Yes. MGS2 makes no sense I don't get the hype

Fuck this game. My roommate bought the game to see how bad it was and I sat there and watch. How the hell did anyone think this was good? No one in this game was likeable and everyone talk like autist

Attached: Life_Is_Strange_Cover.jpg (540x668, 138K)

Try the last of us.

I don't find it pretentious desu. I always felt it was aware how ridiculous it was and never tried to be too serious.

I don't feel like pretentious makes sense at all, pseudo-intellectual maybe but pretentious no

It's good though

MGS2 is the worst MGS game and don't let anyone tell you differently

No that would be the Blow series, namely Braid and The Witness.

In what fucking way is Half-life pretentious? Do you even know what the word means?

OP asked for pretentious games, not moralistic ones.

brainlets

The Last of Us is bad, yes, but I cannot believe how Kojima has written this shit for about 15-20 years thinking what he's writing is actually deep and meaningful.

What doesnt make a game "pretentious" or "2deep4u" according to the elite that is Yea Forums?

I understand people who say MGS2 was too heavy handed in presenting its themes, but... how can you not get it at all? They literally explain what they're doing in a series of longwinded codec conversations. It's the opposite of subtle.

Pretentious? Not really. There are moments that are 100% corny and it knows exactly what it is.

go back to playing fuckin kirby or some shit retards

I'm pretty that's either the legend of Zelda or Metroid.

Nothing. Because Yea Forums is a hivemind of literal retards that hate everything

You're getting kind of defensive.

My wife Max is likeable

Any David Cage game

I don't think he's writing it to be deep and meaningful, just the deus ex style government conspiracy tier stuff with some philosophy thrown in there.
Meanwhile, everyone that had a ps3 I knew tried to shill tlou as being some big and grand game that was flawless.

just because I understand it doesn't mean I can't dislike it

PW > 3 > V > 1 > 2

actually I forgot about 4 so take that for what it's worth

Attached: 1553959654637.png (528x258, 30K)

pretentious:
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed

2 is pretty bad but 4 is way worse.

?
They dont even have a story to begin with...Or they're barebones as fuck.

wow you have horrible taste

This, stick to kirby and cardboards, brainlets

post yours

it tried to be citizen kane but ended up being the matrix
sad

The game literally hands things over to you and Snake tells you to find the meaning behind the words and decide what to believe in before Raiden throws your dog tags and decides to be his own man
I mean, the whole metanarrative about the Patriots is pretty straight forward

In what way are they pretentious?

>Every person who dislikes MGS is a Nintendofag
What?

I wanted to punch her square on the nose

>tried to be reddit but ended up being action kino
I agree with this

2 is great. 4 is awful.

Hit the nail on the fucking head. David Cage games are the perfect example of pretentiousness in video games.

I'm going to kill you.

The only game that attempted to be pretentious of those two franchises is Other M, and that style is never going to reappear again, and most of the game's stories can be described as this
>Zelda - Evil pigman and/or humanoid wants to take over Kingdom and you have to fight for it back
>Metroid - Evil organization and/or virus wants to take over the world/reproduce and you have to stop it

But user. That's what makes his games great. They're so badly pretentious that it actually becomes entertaining with how stupid everything is

Why? Is it the seething through your bones?

>Peace of Shit Walker on top
Wow dude just end it.

big boss fags have the worst taste, literally ruined MGS

Rude

Attached: images (3).jpg (500x525, 22K)

And Solid Snake is soooo much better, huh?

Story is alot of kojimbo regurgitating other scifi stories but the game is heccin nice

WHEN HEAVENS DIVIDE

I just think Big Boss is more compelling than his child narratively and prefer the games that he stars in more, too.

also ignoring venom obviously

Best series.

Maybe but departing from Solid meant we would never get modern infiltration games like the original Splinter Cell

How about games with really entertaining stories that are the complete opposite of pretentious.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 36K)

I'm glad that we have auteurs like him.

man, his name is fucking Blow, for god's sake