Been meaning to get into this series and this is currently on sale for Golden week so I thought why not...

Been meaning to get into this series and this is currently on sale for Golden week so I thought why not. The reviews on metacritic trash it though. Is there anything legitimately wrong with it or are they just retarded game journalists?

Attached: ireoic1wkj201.jpg (1502x2048, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vhFUld_WBA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the games are great (except 2)
the port is fine, no major issues at all. its just a "remaster" so thats why reviewers were shitting on it

2, 4, and 5 are garbage. You only really need to play 1 and 3 because the other ones aren't considered canon by anyone

nice bait

I have it. It's a stable port, go for it. 1 and 3 are absolute must-play classics.

1 and 3 are excellent games.
the remaster isnt ideal because it removes most of the lighting from the original games. However, most people put it up with it because theyre retarded redditors who dont own PS2s nor played the original games on release.

youtube.com/watch?v=vhFUld_WBA8
this should give you a pretty good idea of how crappy it is

mods when?

I did play 3 on the PS2 and really have no issue with some minor lighting changes. Certainly a lot better than the original PC port of 3SE.

mods for the PC versions of HD collection? There's been minor improvements but they can't add in the PS2 lighting and post processing. They did do minor fixes for Dante's awful hair in the "remaster", and some horrible textures that stick out in the "remaster" (like the moon on top of the tower).

Emulation is also hit-or-miss because PCSX2 is shitty. Some people can emulate 100% perfectly using a texture offset, but it doesn't work on all systems. Software mode is 100% perfect compared to a PS2, but we don't have CPUs powerful enough to run it yet.

I just finished 1. Should 2 be skipped without question?

yeah

Try playing it for a while just to understand it. Feel free to stop at any point.

shit bait

Good idea. I'm curious enough to see what the fuss is about but it sounds like torture to finish.

its a truly awful game. it can be skipped without question.

Buy the ps3 version, there are a bunch of audio bugs in the xbox and next gen versions.

It's really short so you might as well play it.

It's short and will make you appreciate just how good 3 is if you play it.

>Golden Week

Attached: 30-P4-00232[1].jpg (640x450, 31K)

It's a legacy game and gives you massive street cred if you finish it. Do it if you want to be considered a true fan of the series.

Because its a mediocre port of a mediocre last gen remaster with the only changes being 1080p instead of 720p but they were charging more for it

>gives you massive street cred
more like wastes your fucking time with a shit game.
DMC2 isnt even a diamond in the rough like God Hand. It has 0 redeeming qualities outside of Dante's design.

What about the ps3 version of hd collection? Is it just as bad?

Would it be better to play the ps3 remaster on a modded ps3 or just play the ps2 isos on the same modded ps3? Or is the ps4 remaster good enough