If ocarina of time is so great, why has it never been remastered for home consoles?

if ocarina of time is so great, why has it never been remastered for home consoles?
because it was only good when it first came out. it could never compete with modern games.
hardly the greatest video game of all time I'd say.

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 71K)

great games don't need remasters

granted that doesn't stop companies from doing them to games that don't need them (DS:R being a good modern example) with the one exception really being REmake though even that has a few issues

Nintendo adds shit when they remake games.
They probably can't think of anything creative to add to OoT.

They remastered it for GameCube and included Master Quest.

Then they did a 3DS remaster.

Personally I prefer the original version because I think the Islamic references in the Fire/Spirit temple are intricate to the medieval Crusader era metaphor.

There WAS gonna be a light temple and Ice temple, but they cut that very early on worked the existing pieces into the spirit Temple and the ice caverns.

Wouldn't mind a unicorn fountain that gave me beam sword powers, though.

>They remastered it for GameCube
Upscaling to 480p and including a ROMhack does not count as a "remaster".

Don't give Nintendo ideas I like OOT but there remasters looks like shit, You see the Links Awakening remaster? WE and TP was ok but those were HD enhanced not remasters

Oh that's simple. Remastering a game is unnecessary and usually ends up worse than the original even with the new coat of paint. Just play the original OP, it's not difficult to get up and running.

I'd like it if they released the HD versions of OoT, MM and WW for Switch. I don't want to buy a Wii U or 3DS just for them.

It literally does

Played it for the first time in 2007 and it's one of my all time favourites. Get fucked OP

Attached: 1548732834665.jpg (641x584, 36K)

Friendly reminder that OoT was never even close to being the best Zelda and the only reason there's so much nostalgifafaggotry over it is because of the shift to 3D and people's first impressions of Hyrule field.

it's the best 3D Zelda by far but the best Zelda overall is probably ALTTP

Friendly reminder you’re a moron

An HD Collection of the 3D Zeldas would sell like hot cakes what the hell is Ninty waiting for

TP was my first Zelda game and I think OoT is the best. MM is a close second.

Brony of the Wild detected

both Darmani and Mikau are pretty good

>TP was my first Zelda game and I think OoT is the best

Pretty much all you need to know. OOT has been a pleb filter for about fifteen years now. If you enjoy it you’re admitting you know nothing about video games and haven’t played enough to realize how unbearably mediocre it is now after every single aspect of the game has been completely eclipsed a thousand times over in terms of quality by other titles.

You’re either a nostalgia retard or you’ve played ten games. Take your pick.

You sound butthurt.

Majora's Mask didn't add any good characters.

Attached: pikabombchuchu.gif (500x317, 1.17M)

It had ANIME NPCs.