Persona Thread

I just finished P5 and I want to give pic related a go. Why does nobody talk about it?

Attached: 51m6g%2BCOGhL._SY445_.jpg (259x445, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=id_T4Ay1Ka0
youtube.com/watch?v=cjbk2Xd1vYo
youtu.be/A_sR-LFfZAU
youtube.com/watch?v=m7Gk-onicEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

old school in gameplay and story
still like it though, nanjo is a cool character

Very different from the newer persona games. No social sim at all, dungeon crawling like M&M. I love it but keep your expectations open.

Attached: 1500137085362.jpg (708x999, 196K)

Because it's old

because of faggot kids who say "because it's old"
that said it's the worst persona game. play 2 instead

Wonder if Maya ever managed to overcome her depressing post-EP. Also why do Eternal Punishment's FMVs look so nice?

Attached: MayaEnd.png (526x553, 412K)

It's outdated and clunky in terms of gameplay. I've found even SMT 1/2 aged better. However it has arguably the best Persona MC, decent story as far as megaten games go and a fantastic soundtrack. Especially the arranged tracks.

play p2 instead, it's infinity better as far as retro persona games go.

how did you finish P5? my brain began to melt due to the sheer boredom.

Play the P2 games instead. They're far superior.

>my brain began to melt due to the sheer boredom
amazing how good these games are at filtering out 14 year olds with adhd

What's the differences between Sin and Punishment? Do I have to play both or are they like different versions of Pokemon games?

EP is a full on sequel to IS

P2 IS has a better story but otherwise both IS and EP have shitty braindead gameplay that provides little challenge even at the hardest difficulty. Also Persona 1 has a better soundtrack.

Oh ye of little faith. Metal Trio is one of the best bosses in the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=id_T4Ay1Ka0

Attached: d1c5c11a2626c795205fae7c1b23a802.jpg (837x1004, 650K)

The story is Actually pretty good, but it's held back by some very strange mechanics. The battles take place on a grid with different party members being able to hit only certain tiles in front of them, It's usually not an issue but can sometimes result in strange encounters where half of your party can't actually fight.

Getting new personas is tedious, and having to manage personas for five characters all of whom have different compatibility with the arcanas is very annoying.

The dungeons are very boring mazes with two many dead ends with nothing in them, not even chests, and one in particular is a nine floor dungeon where you have to fall down a correct series of pitfalls. When you reach the end the boss teleports you back to the top and you have to do it all over again, nothing changes you just have to run the exact same dungeon twice in a row to beat her.

The psp version replaced the Ps1 soundtrack with a new version which isn't exactly bad, but feels a bit like a low quality version of P4 or P3's soundtrack.

The PS1 version has got all kinds of weird localization changes and cut out an entire second quest.

That said the Story is really cool and it has some fun characters, It's very nice to see Persona's teenage angst crossed over with a more mainline SMT flavor of apocalypse and cyberpunk. If your a hardcore fan I'd grab the PSP version and play it on easy with some speedhacks on to fast forward through the battles.

Attached: 18_Hidori_Rose_Makoto_Niijima_cosplay_date18.jpg (1713x1142, 273K)

>shitty braindead gameplay that provides little challenge even at the hardest difficulty
None of the retro-persona games aged well in terms of gameplay.

>Also Persona 1 has a better soundtrack
debatable, I personally prefer p2's but I respect your opinion.

1 > EP > 3 > IS > 5 > 4

Daily reminder

>The psp version replaced the Ps1 soundtrack with a new version which isn't exactly bad, but feels a bit like a low quality version of P4 or P3's soundtrack.

Bite your fucking tongue. P1 PSP has this super neat blend of dark urban funk cut with popping high school fun.

Alright just started the PSP version and who the hell is Philemon? Seems like a pretty important dude to not be in the sequels.

Ye contrarian.
IS/EP > 4 > 5 > 3 > 1

You'll understand in time.

>no persona 5 on switch, instead we get some spin off that literally no one asked for
>persona q2 has the casts of 3 and 4 AGAIN instead of the cast from 2 or even 1
t-thanks

Attached: tfw you dance crazy.png (1131x592, 1.83M)

That is the main demographic of the persona games

P1 has the best cast

Attached: 1424651088037.png (461x348, 244K)

I loved it. you don’t need to rush through it but it’s one of the best gaming experiences of all time, and owe it to yourself to finish it.

Pretty sure if that were the case you'd have a much more positive experience with it.

what’s the best tracks from 1/2?

The lack of P1 love for the entirety of the 20th anniversary was poor form. Why is Atlus incapable of throwing their old guard a bone once in a while?

Attached: aaaaasuka.jpg (790x590, 247K)

wow, u sure showed me. Persona games are totally not marketed to teens but mature adults such as yourself :)

Multiple times I have tried to play through Persona 1 but I just can't stomach it. I like the atmosphere and the story is initially interesting but the gameplay is such trash. For this reason I've never even tried Persona 2.

>Persona games are totally not marketed to teens
Late teens maybe, teens with adhd such as yourself, no.

Persona 1 gameplay could have been explored so much more in the later entries. It is very rough yet but i think it could have been perfected to something way better than the later games' boring gameplay.

How do I beat the super bosses in 12th floor of the ruins? There's like no information or strategy anywhere. Please don't tell me I have to grind.

I've never touched Mikage Ruins, what's it like?

>4 that high
Brainlet

It's like the Mementos of P1 basically. A place where all the demons are so you aren't locked out of any fusions. The first 7 or 8 floors are pretty boring and uneventful but the last couple have some riddles and basically throw every dungeon gimmick in the game at you (darkness, rotation mazes, damage floors, etc.) On the 12th floor, there are six powered up versions of each of the mask enemies you've been fighting with accompanying henchmen. Apparently if you beat them all you unlock a 7th fight that's even harder.

Who cares? Let's not turn this into another "huuurrrrrr I'm autistic and can't comprehend someone liking what I don't like" thread.

Watch this
I am the ultimate contrarian
4>1>3>2IS>5>2EP

Attached: 1498783669257.jpg (1800x1200, 784K)

i want to start the snow queen scenario but lazy to prepare for it, not sure if i need to grind

Im not even that user, i finished the game. But saying that someone has Adhd teen for not enjoying that garbage is retarded

>only wearing stockings
das it mane

Attached: 1382316512366.gif (427x240, 1.01M)

youtube.com/watch?v=cjbk2Xd1vYo
Karma palace from the P1 Remake

Attached: 1484417787129.jpg (2222x800, 378K)

You only need to grind if you’re doing the dungeons in opposite order, the only purpose of which is to unlock ultimate personas that you don’t need.

let me sum it up for you man,
everything is weak to holy,
3 characters use said element,
you gain extra xp based on kills, so they become +10 levels above the party
you use them to kill everything, and use the holy axe to murder the final boss
that's the whole game.

Oh also dump all your points into DEX because it's the best stat and raises all the other stats.

damn, maybe if he wasn't dumb as shit and spent 5 minutes researching the game he would've known that it's a fucking long ass game and maybe it's not for him. On top of that, we'd have one less retard deliberately entering threads just to get mad. that or he's another portbegger that's still anal about persona s and never played the game to begin with.

youtu.be/A_sR-LFfZAU

Good opening, bad everything else.

This.

Makoto would never read the maze runner series, she may be a robot but at least she doesn't read YA trash.

PSP with PS1 music mod patched in is the best way to play

tfw that P2 animation made for the bonus disc never got fully realised.
youtube.com/watch?v=m7Gk-onicEc

Attached: Maya.png (1010x702, 715K)

Im playing P1 right now and I reaaally doubt all these P2fag even played the game
Also OP , just go ahead and play it , its good shit once you activate estoma
Make sure to talk constantly to everyone and deny brown the entrance if you want ayase , elly or (pretty hard to obtain) reiji