What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: nR5trD9.jpg (1680x1050, 548K)

last hitting and endless creep farming

How come custom games aren't that big? I almost expected the community to multiply in size when that update came out

t. retarded hotsbab

i played carry in hundreds of dota games but one day I realized how much of my life I was wasting farming creeps to get some items just for the game to end 5 minutes later

because the map maker is too complicated, the lobby system is shit, updates break maps and its hard to implement building mechanics

Because this is a MOBA with mod tools and not an RTS with mod tools. It was too difficult to make anything interesting or new that wasn't just a version of a MOBA.

Denying. I played Dota 2 a little but refused to put in any serious gameplay time because of that whole mechanic.

sounds like you have no idea how to play dota.

valve

Gettig a job and giving priority to my backlog
Fun times were had, it was a wild ride. Still follow TI religiously though, even though I might skip it this year, chink dota is boring if it's not Wings

Attached: cae.jpg (400x325, 35K)

because moba games are shit

Nothing at all.

its not fun to spend 30 minutes playing a match you know you're going to lose because some fuckwit is not pulling their weight

valve broke their own client with every single update they pushed out

sounds like umad

It was a good excuse to chat with some old buddies that I otherwise wouldn't have any particular reason to call, but the actual game was just a source of frustration.
The constant need to be up to date also meant that I couldn't play other games at my own pace.

no region lock

bad matchmaking

stopped playing MOBA years ago and I cannot for the life of me understand why region locking isn't in place for ranked

getting gud is fun, but then you realize the joy of winning's not enough to offset the anger from losing and the time you've wasted getting gud

Attached: 1533969474064.jpg (846x1200, 523K)

Dota Classic when?

I want to go home, bros...

Attached: file.png (500x804, 424K)

7.00, but even before that they turned the game into a hero brawler because splitpush and farming were "rat dota" and made streamkiddies mad

It feels like dota chess are as big as pubs

Because game is dead in the west.
If we implement region lock you gonna get 10 minutes queues and the playerbase will drop

Because
>region lock EU
>no games found because the vast majority of players (russians and turkroaches) are locked in their own server
I haven't played in a while but in that time there wasn't a single match that had less than a 4 stack of russians for months

games are too long for me
90+ min games,

>no region lock
>99% of the playerbase has no clue what the actual fuck they're doing

7.00 ruined the game
Continuous buffs to heroes ended up reducing the skill needed to play the game and made drafting way more important

I don't understand people who get mad at ratting. The game is objective based so the rat is obviously doing something right, which also has strategic value since you can't relax
afk sieging as 5 because that NP is ratting your T3, and if you want to defend it then pick one of the many heroes that can prevent ratting. Tons of strategic choices at your disposal and people just complain

Attached: 562.jpg (400x325, 37K)

Requires you to learn HAMMER to do anything worthwhile, which means unlike World Editor its far too complicated to bother with. Warcraft 3 also patched far less often, while every medium size patch in Dota 2 breaks everything.

This, 6.8X is where that garbage started but 7.00 cemented it and made it clear “this is Dota from now on”. I hate comeback gold and every hero hitting level 20+ no matter what so much.

I used to be daydreaming about Valve making some sort of Dota Classic client a few years back. I'd want to see it being 6.73 or earlier though.

Are you serious? Is this an actual thing?

Nothing, it's perfect.