Redpill me on this game. basedpilled or cringepilled?

redpill me on this game. basedpilled or cringepilled?

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.72M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sVXnoanopzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a masterpiece, especially now after all the free additions and overhauls, get it, you won't regret it

Nigga just fucking play it. Form your own opinion turn that somma bitch side ways and stick it straight up your candy ass!

Attached: the_rock.jpg (604x497, 42K)

If you like metroidvanias is top tier, if you don't you won't like it simple as that.

It's a 2D metroidvania. Do you like difficulty, platforming, exploring and backtracking when you realise you don't have the pre-requisite item to continue on your chosen path? If so, you might want to give it a go. If not then don't.

I really like it, but it's being bandwagoned to all hell. It's not wrong to call it a dark souls clone, in many ways.

It's a good game and I'd recommend it.
Just be aware that it can get pretty difficult.

>metroidvania
what does this term even mean? Does it just mean platformer/sidescroller? I've only heard this term used by redditfags

I personally like it. If you ignore the unique artstyle, the minimalist story, and absolutely phenominal soundtrack, you're still left with a very strong core gameplay. It would not be wrong to call it the child of Metroid and Dark Souls, but I'd say that in a good way. Good progression, good dificulty curve, tons of post-game content. It's the whole package.

>tumblr-tier art
>shit minimalistic gameplay
cringepilled

>TheManWithShitTaste.png

Bugpilled.

So today after playing for a certain time i went to deposit more of my hard earned geos in the bank
>bank bitch is not ther
>panic.jpg
>happy merchant sounds in the distance
>Realized i just got jewed out of a few thousand geos
I knew i shouldn't have trust a banker

The game is basedpilled, the fanbase is filled with tumblrinas who haven't even beaten it but claim it's their favorite game ever.

Holy shit the Traitor lord fight is driving me nuts, is there a best way to dal with him?

pirate it and try it, it's nothing special. pretty boring tbqhwy. you'd think from the art that it's brutal edgy gorefest but it's not, pretty tmblr or reddit more like it.

a good game that doesn't really bring anything new to the table
the single most shilled game on Yea Forums though

>upgrades that give you access to new stuff
> mostly non-linear map with item gates
>backtracking out the ass
>secrets

thats pretty much it

>people like it, so that means it's a shilled tumblr reddit game

Attached: YMC6hSf.gif (480x287, 704K)

city of tears
hot springs

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUUUUUUUNDAAAAAAAAAAA!

Attached: aab92c3a03f22c2352bec60042d22588.png (420x420, 99K)

No tell me what to think

never actually said this. just offered my view on the table how i see things are. what did you do? exactly, ignore the truth and substitute it with your own.

Use your shadow dash to go through his undodgable attack. A lot of his attacks travel across the screen, so generally, you can just meme the fight by using said dash as well, but I prefer to pogo bounce back and forth with my sword since it's an effective means of evading him while also getting in good damage.

the bug lewds spawned from this games makes it Based/10

Sharp shadow through all his attacks, if you dodge his first projectile you get a free quick focus heal

Mostly based, just a little cringe.

>offered my view
>"this game is reddit shit and it's shilled too much"

:thinking:

what a chad

never mentioned anything about shilling. just how the game itself is pretty tumblr and reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=sVXnoanopzA
Ya jews ya lose user.

It's obvious to non-morons.

>the game is tumblr/reddit

But why?

Side scroller with non-linear progression

I just got the Shadow dash ability. Where should I go now? I forgot where the shadow barriers where

Just look for the unexplored areas on your map

>started game
>went some random path until i got t a city where i could save
>went down a well
>couldn't be fucked checking every single side corridor for the one to progress
I eventually found an egg or something, but i can't see myself continuing if the entire game is like that. I don't need "GO HERE" arrows, but cmon.

you should think how it's not like one instead

that's not how burden of proof works, user. You made the assertion, you back it up.

>Watchers of the Seal
More like four kings and then some more
I haven't beaten it but I really like it so far. Just got it recently.

If you seriously can't handle any amount of exploring at all then HK definitely isn't the game for you.

go play the game, evidence speaks for itself

dude read this thread, a definite cringe compilation game right there

i have no issues with exploring or not having directions where to go, i've played 2d metroid games before and enjoyed them. maybe it's just stemming from the vidya funk i've been in for the past 2 months. send help
that's not evidence. don't make assertions you can't prove

Attached: 166d05b72b4becbb9456709773cce1e6e8fae91f0363b640c6dd9067ece8a1a3.jpg (1231x1090, 150K)

cringepilled

only maybe in the last 2 or 3 years, there's been way more people like this pussy who post these threads or ask these questions.

what's up? who are these people? why do they end up afraid to think for themselves? why are they afraid to just try something out? how do they end up like this?

>Do I buy a game or not?
>I'll ask VIDEO GAMES
I've probably made a thread like this.

Only dicky licky bitch bois can't defend their beliefs. You're not a dicky licky bitch boi, are you user?

Well be warned that you're basically directionless for the entire game. It's up to you to find the way forward by exploring new areas.

What exactly is wrong with asking people on a board dedicated to discussing video games for opinions on a video game?

when it's worded in ways like;
>is this game any good?
>will I like this game?
>is this game fun?
>should I play this game?
>I've never been into this series, convince me to try it now

these people are devoid of their own opinions and personalities. I don't know why you make excuses for this behavior

>asking for the opinions of others on a game you have no opinion on due to not having played it means you have no opinions or personality
You might have the autism, dude.

Attached: 2224.png (142x234, 10K)

this game looks incredibly onions

I get you're just trolling. but at that point, they could just try the game out. have a great rest of your weekend

hollowpilled

Speak like a fucking adult and maybe I'll give you some insight.

it's a fun game and good for a week of play but like many games these days it has an autistic fanbase that treats it like the second coming of super mario bros.

fun game and skillful game dragged down by extremely obnoxious amounts of backtracking and a cancerous fanbase

It’s a lot of artsy fartsy Dark Souls tier SO SUBTLE storytelling shit, but the game has a lot to offer. Superb sound and music, tight and responsive controls, cute art and character designs, and if you enjoy exploring and discovering there’s plenty of it.

retards seething cause someone isn't awed by their reddit game.
just see the characters alone, humming with dumb voices and pretty generic indie game dev meme characteristics.
not to mention games ability to attract underage fags like you two.

Damn. You really got me user. You're truly a master debater. Now that you've won this argument that you've so expertly deconstructed, how about you stop being a cock guzzling faggot and fuck off?

Attached: 1512671252816.jpg (1745x1080, 309K)

The entire bug theme is cringe.

you sure are a one mad redditor

And you sure have no reason to be in this thread anymore.

umm sweetie, everyone of my inputs have been crucial for the sake of OP's decision.

The fact that I'll never experience City of Tears for the first time again hurts

I just started it yesterday.

BIG PROBLEMS

>EASILY LOST
>NO MARKER TO TELL YOU WEHERE YOU'RE AT
>NO IDEA WHERE TO GO NEXT
>HEALTH IS LOW

other than that it seems cool. Sadly I'm lost after getting the dash and stopped right before an acid lake that I can't cross so I saved there.

>NO MARKER TO TELL YOU WEHERE YOU'RE AT
There's a shopkeeper you can find early on who sells a one slot charm that shows you where you are on the map.

>I'll never experience the joy of becoming an official fool for the first time again.
There's a lotta moments that stick on a first playthrough.

Attached: sad cat.png (997x781, 488K)

How do you not go into the fucking shop and see that there is a compass marker for the map

I bought all the charms which one are you talking about.

It's a pretty bland game, if you're looking at it objectively. Poorly designed, art is mediocre, and it's not very fun, but subjectively people seem to enjoy it. Glad to see people are.

I say it like this: If someone doenst like the metroidvania formula, this game wont change their mind.
It does nothing to elevate the genre and is no masterpiece.

Wayward Compass, you get it from the mapmaker's wife

It's fucking great, just download it now and play it.

I've tried many metroidvania and didn't like them but I loved HK