Are you looking forward to Trails of Cold Steel III?

Are you looking forward to Trails of Cold Steel III?

Attached: DxHxcFMVAAANOgm.jpg (640x360, 76K)

Are the other two good? heard it has a buttload of content, redpill me on the series

Yes.

I like them.

I'll wait for reviews before buying it. Already know the series goes to shit, but I'm too committed not to finish it one way or another.

Attached: 091.jpg (1745x1218, 721K)

I played quite a bit of I, but it was gay bullshit and thought it was lame

Technically Cold Steel is part of a longer running series known as the Trails/Kiseki series with two other arcs released previously. Among fans of the larger series, Cold Steel is rather divisive with fans of the older games often comparing it to the older ones unfavorably. In a vacuum, it's not necessarily a bad game.

TL;DR of the world: The Zemurian continent was once home to an advanced civilization that prospered thanks to the Sept-Terrions, seven treasures bestowed upon humanity by the Sky Goddess Aidios. As all ancient civilizations in JRPGs do, they loused it up and the civilization fell to ruin in an event known as the Great Collapse, leading to the formation of the Septian Church as the primary uniter of civilization, even though several different countries formed afterwards. (Liberl, basically anime England, Erebonia, essentially anime Imperial Germany, Calvard, anime America but all the German/Irish immigrants were Chinese/Japanese instead, Crossbell, what happens when you combine anime, Hong Kong, and New York city, to just name a few) Within fifty years of the games starting, a brand new technology involving magic rocks called Septium kick started the Industrial Revolution on 'roids, basically catapulting society from 1700s tech to just below modern day in less than the span of single person's life, which of course has lead to mass amount of unrest and conflict both between the various nations and within them.

TL;DR of Cold Steel: (You) are Rean Schwarzer, adopted son of Baron Schwarzer of Erebonia, and you're attending Erebonia's premiere military school, Thors Academy. Contrary to how the classes are normally divided between Commoners and Noble, you find yourself in the new program, Class VII, which has students from both backgrounds. And so you begin engaging in various field studies across Erebonia while political unrest between the castes simmers in the background before it eventually boils over.

It's very anime.

I replayed the Steel games at the start of the year and currently replay the Sky trilogy. Steel really is a step lower than Sky, maybe even a couple of steps but I still look forward to the third game.
My boys Olivier and Iusis are still worth playing the games.

On a side node: Is Loewe really dead? The Wiki says he died on the Liber Ark but that death scene wasn't convincing at all.

If he's not dead, he's doing an amazing job at faking it. Since he's been AWOL for like seven games.

>no pc version
>nisa
>cold steel
Based nisa helping me stop playing this shit series

>Liberl, basically anime England
More like Belgium or the Netherlands
>Calvard, anime America
More like France after Napoleon

How many chapter has Cold Steel already?

I enjoyed it at firts but i just HAD to drop it when the antagonist made choices so dumb that someone with a down syndrome could have outsmarted him and he was suposed to be an intelectual as well

Yes.
Atlus and Falcom are the kings of JRPG this age

Not as much as I'm looking forward to Monstrum Nox.

Very much so

oh and he always laughed and said it is all part of the plan (it wasnt) it was so annoying after a while

No, I alrdy completed Cold Steel III and IV and now I waiting for Trails of Star.

Good jrpgs, but localization is slow as fuck

>NISA
that's a yikes, oof and *sigh* from me

I'll play it, but I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it. Cold Steel 1 and 2 were horrible disappointments after Sky and Crossbell.

Attached: ys chads vs kiseki virgins.png (2464x952, 499K)

Haha... I'm more excited for Rean's 5th game!

Attached: 1555972297445.jpg (933x474, 60K)

PC FUCKING WHEN?

6 months later when it flops on ps4

After the Crossbell games get an official western release so 2026 if we are lucky.

>NISA

Attached: 1549584386022.png (171x163, 78K)

>Ys shitter coping that hard

At first I was looking forward to enjoying Coldsteel 3, but then
>NISA

Probably some months after PS4. Ys 8 had a disastrous launch on PC, so I guess they'll take it more slowly now.

>Visits Hatsuu's Twitter account
>Cats, cats, cats
This is not a good source for Trails of Cold Steel III news.

I really hope NISA puts forth an effort to "improve" the third game in the same way XSEED did with the PS4 versions. It's nice being able to reach a destination in less than five minutes.

>NISA

XSEED was better

>Q. Any major announcements
>A. We're milking this spinoff series dry

Call me when it gets a PC release.

Yes, if it ever gets released on PC. I'm replaying 1 and 2 right now. I fucking hate Rean, but Emma is my waifu, so I just take Rean out of the party and stick someone else more tolerable in his place (like Gaius or Jusis). Fie or Sharon can do Reans job better anyway.

No