Did Yea Forums prefer Big Boss or Solid Snake?

Did Yea Forums prefer Big Boss or Solid Snake?

Attached: big boss and solid snake.png (951x545, 503K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UD-D8MSd-3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=FXpWW1V5ObM&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prefer?

Big Boss

Attached: 1441271086918.jpg (1920x1200, 955K)

Solid Snake

Solid Snake is literally a saint
BIg Boss is kind of a cunt and has autism
even Venom is a better person than Big Boss

both did the best they could with what they've been given.

solid snake is a more pure hearted hero, while big boss' tragic circumstances forced him to become a villain

Big Boss LOOKED more badass. Solid Snake WAS more badass, he was just lowkey and ironically more stoic about it instead of needing to preen about it like a woman and pretending to be the toughest, most alpha guy around.

Aesthetic wise I like MGS3 snake better.

Attached: Snake3.jpg (800x1600, 154K)

childhood: big boss
adulthood: solid snake

This, plus everything big boss and mgs3 introduced to the story was cancer.

The music was kino, though

bump

For me it was Raiden.

Attached: Raiden.png (1083x580, 183K)

why, my peenus weanus of course :)

hahah! :D

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! :) hahah

ITT: Do I prefer Big Boss or Solid Snake - I prefer, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!

bump

>Call me Snake.
>Oh, uh, sorry... Vic Boss!
Was he actually saying "Call me Vic Boss" or some shit like that?

Attached: metal-gear-solid-peace-walker.jpg (600x300, 27K)

>Venom
Venom is Big Boss sweetie
>better
no
The only scenes of kinship he even shows is
>Shining Lights
>Low morale cutscene
The rest of the time is just him fucking off in Afghanistan and Africa, otherwise he's Big Boss from Peace Walker except mute. Stop embellishing Big Boss when he's no better than Big Boss.

BB Boss.
He seems like a more fun and gleeful person than Solid.

Attached: 1433080183611.png (1280x734, 725K)

Solid Snake is more of a role model
Big Boss is more of a "what went wrong" type character

Also
>Nuclear disarmament scene
Not canon, never happened

You folks make the story more than it seems to be. Compared to every stupid fan's projections, it actually goes like this, plain and simple:
>Big Boss helps Big Boss to safety as Big Boss rides off and trains for rescuing Kaz, held in Afghanistan
>Big Boss gets a woman, a horse and a dog, and a tiny mech as sidekicks
>Big Boss gets revenge on Skull Face and captures Metal Gear
>Big Boss hallucinates Paz and lets her go like a butterfly
>Big Boss then gets a love letter from Big Boss on how swell he's doing as Big Boss
>Big Boss enages with Big Boss on developing Outer Heaven
>Big Boss discuss with Big Boss on how he's not ready to come back yet, so he trusts Big Boss to run Outer Heaven since he IS Big Boss
>They also discuss a plan to develop a nuke, or have probably already secretly developed it early in the story
>Like Big Boss, Big Boss becomes evil for realizing that war is awesome and is completely OK with every single world domination/warmongering plan that Big Boss has in stock

3 made big Boss into a socially retarded autist who spergs out over his favorite shooty toys when some thirsty slut's tits are hanging in his face.

Snake had a suave but raw sexuality in MGS1 and casually flirted with every woman he talked to.

naturally Yea Forums found Big Boss easier to self-insert into.

Solid because boss has just been in essentially cryogenic freezing while his double went around being a war mongering madman. Spent more time playing as solid throughout the series, so more attached to that character. Boss was just 3 and peace walker, and the demo that was gz.

>tragic circumstances
More like he forced them upon himself.
His war interest was completely natural.
Him also becoming a cunt in V was completely natural.

Big Boss' games but I like Solid Snake better as a character

Attached: SolidSnake_MG.jpg (417x271, 52K)

Solid Snake because he's the weapon that surpassed Metal Gear

Attached: 20190409_184858.jpg (1944x2592, 1.68M)

>Big Boss being frozen while his body
Uh, no, Big Medic died 4 years before Big Boss was frozen by Zero.
Also Big Boss was active during Big Medic's time as well you fucking idiot.

I like psychopaths better
Big Boss for the win.

Attached: Big Boss is evil.jpg (1200x900, 128K)

wow how did they get away with saying s*x

Attached: adderall.jpg (1024x1280, 339K)

Nope. Just "Call me Snake". In the Japanese dialogue the soldier then calls him "Shõri no Boss", literally Boss of Victory, but I have no idea how he makes the leap to that either.

Attached: 1503515652331.jpg (854x480, 91K)

Big Boss was his own man. He fucked up a lot, but all of his fuck ups were his own. Solid was puppeteered from the beginning to the end, even when he thought he wasn't, ESPECIALLY when he thought he wasn't. Every action he took, no matter how slight and inconsequential was controlled by the Patriots or by Ocelot/BB.

Yes, but I mean literally. The soldier literally makes the jump to "Vic Boss", and I assumed that he would have realistically said "Call me Boss of Victory", "Vic Boss" or some shit like that.

If he actually said "Call me Snake", the soldier would have said "Oh, uh, sorry... Snake!", but nope, he actually said "Vic Boss" there.

He gets a really unfair rep but I think he's ok.

Attached: 9bc10b7975b6ce020c67a1f224582537.jpg (700x1037, 210K)

>I have no idea how he makes the leap to that either.
Which is what questions me.
Would he have actually said "Call me Vic Boss" there? If the soldier said "Vic Boss" to correct himself, Big Boss would have said "Call me Vic Boss" beforehand, which is very strange.

Hmm, why do people hate big boss now? Yea Forums loved phantom pain iirc

He actually said "Vic Boss", but the scripts purposefully arbitrarily change it to "Snake" to maintain his purpose as the protagonist. Metal Gear has been known to figuratively break many rules of realism, and this is no exception.

Let's compare Metal Gear's situation to the Sonic franchise.
Big Boss is to Snake as Miles is to Tails.

Simply put, Snake and Tails are more ostensible because they are objectively the more popular names, even if Big Boss and Miles were the correct way to name them.

The only difference being that Tails is actually applicable to the story while Big Boss' nicknames are only applicable to the video games, but the concept is the same.

Attached: big boss holding gun.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Simply put, according to the video games, he is altogether, "Big Boss", "Vic Boss", "Boss", "Naked Snake", "Venom Snake" and "Snake".
In the story, he is only "Big Boss" and "Boss".

Want to talk to a normie about Big Boss? Say "Snake" instead since that name is more recognizable. Want to talk to a normie about Miles Prower? Say "Tails" instead as well.

Talking to a hardcore fan of either? You're safe to call them "Big Boss" and "Miles".

>Tails' real name is actually Miles
>Miles Prower (マイルス・パウアー Mairusu Pauā?, lit. "Miles Pouer"), better known by his nickname, Tails
Holy shit. I have barely played any of the Sonic games. Thanks to user for this good shit right here.

Solid flirted with all the mgs1 girls & Meryl still totally wanted his old man dick in 4, boss spergs out when girls show him affection unless they're his mommy figure. Chads prefer Solid, you're a chad, right?

No, Raiden

Attached: 1506719574290.png (350x288, 163K)

I'm gay
Sure, Big Boss is a sperging autist with women and he is technically gay for hanging with Kaz in the sauna.
Big Boss being an evil bad supervillain is more interesting but I WISH I WOULD GET A FUCKING REMAKE OF THE MSX GAMES TO SHOW THAT.

>think he can provoke me
youtube.com/watch?v=UD-D8MSd-3Q

If big boss was such an autist why did chad soliders idolize him?

If you really liked Raiden you wouldn't have posted his worst appearance.

like this ?

I'm gay too but Solid is objectively the chad's choice, sexuality has nothing to do with it & you're shallow if you simply prefer boss because he's a closet case. A real chad would be out & proud anyways

>MGS4
>Raiden's worst appearance
That is not MGR

I was so passionate about spreading the objective truth of chaddom that I didn't acknowledge the rest of the post: I don't think boss being evil makes him more interesting considering it's largely irrelevant in the games that matter, piss walker is the most we've seen him being a bad boy, otherwise it's all offscreen shit or in the msx games that have iffy writing

reddit is a gei (and not the good kind)

I thought they retconned this to be Venom Snake though?

MGR did Raiden very well though.

They retconned Venom Snake as the antagonist of Metal Gear 1. That pic was Metal Gear 2.

I feel like solid was the only normal one. Meanwhile big boss went around doing stupid shit because he took what the boss told him way too literally. But if we're talking about aesthetic wise! I really love mgs3 snake and mgsV venom

Raiden really gets fucked over the most in the series.

Ye, even discounting MGR. I was surprised that Raiden was not muttering in a corner by the time 4 rolled around
No, it did not

I wonder how many gay people are actually into Metal Gear Solid.

bump

Bigger Snake

Solid Snake by far.

Big Boss is such a lovable dork in MGS3, and Peace Walker to a lesser extent. I liked him much more than Solid Snake.

He was anime tier in Peace Walker imo

A lot. Look on Tumblr

But it did though.

You'd be surprised

No
If so, tell me how

I am waiting

Attached: 1777046_p0_master1200.jpg (450x600, 192K)

bump

When is MGS6 coming out guys?

Never

Snake all the way. BiBo was an extreme autist

They are literally the same character, what do you mean?

Haha idiots, I like them both. Snake feels like a character who understands the cost of what he does and discovers how he would like the world to be. Big Boss is like this, but he takes it the completely wrong way. This tragedy actually makes the story better!

>Big Boss is like this, but he takes it the completely wrong way.
what do you mean by that

I'll put the disclaimer that it's been years since I played through them, but whereas Snake believes the world needs peace, Big Boss believes the world needs war.

At the end of Peace Walker, his former mentor, The Boss, tried to impart that she had learned that there comes a time to stop fighting and put your weapon down. Big Boss took this to mean that it was specifically BECAUSE she put her weapon down that led to her downfall. He believes that war is the natural state of things, and, combine that with his realization that soldiers are just puppets for their governments, he'd go on to create a nation for soldiers.

I'm sure someone else could explain it better, I just like Big Boss because he got it wrong, and it makes his story tragic.

I like BB more if only because his story is more tragic. People like to shit on BB because he becomes a villain, but the important thing I've noticed was that he didn't have friends the same way Solid had. Literally everyone he loved or cherished ended up betraying him. Eva was a triple agent and birthed his babies without his permission. Zero, Paramedic, and Sigint turned on him. Kaz betrayed him and basically said "oopsie" thinking everything was going to be alright. The Boss, his mentor and mother figure, also betrayed him for a country that ended up turning her back on him as well. Anyone else he cared for either died or left like Paz.

Solid also went through a lot of shit, but he had good people like Otacon, Roy, and Naomi who stuck by his side the entire time. Hell Solid would've withdrawn into a depression had Roy not pulled him out of his funk.

Oh and I forgot to add that all of his "friends" were a bad influence on him. Kaz actively pushes him to found Outer Haven and become a nuclear super power. Zero and co. want him to join them in ruling the world behind the scenes. Even Ocelot never makes his true intentions clear and is shady as fuck. Only the Boss tried to explain that war was bad, but due to earlier circumstances it's obvious why he took it the wrong way.

Based and memepilled

Big Boss had Quiet

Didn't play him long enough to care?

>webm related

Attached: mgsvtpp 2019-04-27 23-56-57-853.00.webm (1920x1080, 2.42M)

*Venom

Iroquois Pliskin is better than both of them

>same character
No
Snake has completely different ideals from Snake.

*Big Boss

contrarianism.

Venom Snake had Quiet, and Big Boss nearly burned her alive

Not really, Rose, his son, and Sunny are all alive and well, the Patriots are destroyed, he’s accepted himself and his past and found a new purpose through Armstrong’s memes
I’d be worried with what they’d do to him in a MGR2 though

Actually very on point description

But the main point of what fans were expecting in V was seeing Big Boss do evil stuff.
All of that shit was completely OFFSCREEN the whole time like every single other Metal Gear game.

Solid was based, BB was cringe.

>People like to shit on BB because he becomes a villain
The Big Boss from the MG games and MGS3 onwards Big Boss are completely different characters at this point. Kojima failed at portraying him as a villain since MGS4.

*Big Boss had Quiet, and Big Boss nearly burned her alive.

*Medic

snek

*Big Boss also had a time machine and figured out that the future would somehow gain confidential knowledge of Quiet. The only picture they had was her foot, and Big Boss got so disgusted that he decided to kill Quiet when he had the chance.

*Big Boss pulled the trigger on Quiet later on in Afghanistan

*Big Boss

*samefag my ass

>Eva birthed his babies without his permission.
why did she do that? didnt she love him?

>literally the same character
Big Boss is warmongering terrorist.
Solid Snake is a hero that stops terrorists.

*Alligator

The real Solid Snake

Attached: Solidus-Snake-MGS2-RAYs.jpg (1200x655, 108K)

Solid Snake is a lot more based than Big Boss.

Solid for sure. He's the real MC of the series too.

Wasn't the the bad guy in the second game

Can someone answer this please

Solid snake is better in every way pretty much. Has a better story, better games, better message for the audience in his games, better dialogue.

So Big boss is more relatable then. Good to know he's better.

>Yea Forums loved phantom pain iirc

John
>Looks like a fucking letdown reject whose family was planning an abortion on
>His whole appearance makes him the ideal Yea Forums frequenter: a fat low lifer unable to get a job with that stupid scraggly, unkempt beard and a greasy hairstyle of his, probably would be still living at his mom's house at 30+ in the suburbs
>Lied to get his way into the Korean War making him a child soldier
>Used child soldiers
>Severely autistic as fuck, or at least close to autistic
>All of his friends except Adam and Frank Jaeger pretty much despised him
>Acted like a cunt after he realized that his fate was to be a cunt
>Used nukes to gain power and dominance just so that he can personally rock his socks off which pretty much makes him a psycho
>Treated everyone as disposable tools
>Treated David, Eli, and George like shit the first time he ever got mention of the clones growing up
>Could only live for himself
>Blackpilled almost everyone except David into thinking that "world peace is boring, good deeds are boring, war rocks"
>Was okay with Tom's brainwashing project turning (You) into a violent serial warmonger that also was brainwashed into thinking "world peace is boring, good deeds are boring, violence rocks" given that he's still following John in Metal Gear 1 and how obedient he is
Yeah sure he was exploited by the government but Big Boss being a monster was all his fault, he developed his violent personality naturally, including his love war fetish plus his "the world needs war" mentality too. All him.

Attached: 1526622515799.png (670x376, 113K)

Do one for David

Bad writing

bump

Why does big boss have so many photos of people in his helo

bump

Ocelot was more interesting than both

bump

Big Boss.

pic related

Attached: American_Revolutionary_War_demoralization_leaflet.jpg (638x214, 28K)

For me, it's Venom Snake.

Attached: 1549628787716.webm (432x544, 2.86M)

Trying to explain David looks so basic but is actually fucking complex.
Here's all of what I could simplify in a crunch
>Looks like an average high school football player
>Definitely looks a bit pedo at older age
>Had a perfectly normal life, read books, watched films like Star Wars, understood pop culture
>Compared to John who didn't even know what a fucking movie was
>All until he joined the army and was soon moved to a special forces unit where John was his mentor.... and the fat warmongering bastard that took his whole life away and forced him to fight forever in hell
>After that fateful day where John(?) was hit by a missile in a SUPER SECRET NUKE HOLDING FORTRESS OF DOOM and burned alive in A SUPER SECRET NUKE HOLDING NATION OF DOOM, David could never enjoy life normally again
>Developed the taste of violence, only because he was forced to be in terrorist situations by Roy and his military industrial complex friends since
>After he found out that he was a genetic clone things take a stroll when he fought Eli, the domi-- uh, super-- infer- uh I don't even know clone and encounters a dweeb otaku scientist named Hal who is piss scared of Fran-- uh I mean Cyborg Ninja
>Meanwhile, David actually understood the consequences of John's actions and how war as a result of John, Tom and THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX is a fucking hellholle
>Because David could live for someone else, a shocker (something that John completely lacks!), he decided to team up with Hal to fight off EVIL NUKE FIRING ROBOTS and go on adventures through HELL, which is what WAR is!
>Along the way, they encounter yet another skinny looking nin-- uh, samur-- cyborg robot named Jack! And stop yet another clone of John that looks just like John! What else is there?
>Oh uh, he also gets a shitty sendoff, a fucking movie out of all places and wasn't able to control his own life until the very end, where David barely reached his goal of world peace anyways but gets a nice kiss from John

tldr: solid snake is a gary stu

I don't think a gary stu would have been hit with the accelerated aging bullshit. Then again, he didn't have to watch the world go crazy in Rising.

>Yea Forums loved phantom pain
it is one if the biggest disappointments of this decade only surpassed by FFXV

Attached: 1556238419807.png (299x222, 71K)

I prefered Big Boss up until MGS3 released. After PO, PW, 4 and V I prefer Solid.

the eyepatch and hair trigger me for some reason
In terms of looks2>4>>rising imo

Big Boss is only Naked Snake. Venom is a fake

Big Boss is better in cqc

it was mainly for the clone project, not out of love

They are the same guy in different circumstances

Who named Snake "David"? Is it a coincidence that he has the same name as Zero?

VENOM SNAKE IS BIG BOSS.
>Phantom does not imply fake.
>A body double does not imply fake.
>Fake means counterfeit.
>A body double simply means a replica used for stunt and nude scenes.
>A phantom means what doesn't exist, although apparent.

Venom is implied to be a phantom and a body double of Naked, but he is not a fake. He is indeed, the real Big Boss. Just a phantom of him, that's all.

A guy who looks like me wont ever be me. Same with that fake. He cant be Big Boss

Yes, but MGSV at least had some satisfying gameplay and for better or worse had SOME connection to a pre-existing narrative. XV had cool road trip vibes but for everyone of those plusses, MGSV had Kuzuhira's burgers or some other nice bit to it. All and all the thing that separates the disappointment is the gameplay and MGSV beats it at that.

snake and otacon are named david and hal after the mc and killer ai in 2001 a space odyssey

Yea Forums prefers Solid Snake. Only Reddit prefers Big Boss

So cucks prefer Solid and faggots prefer Big Boss. Who prefers Venom? Trannies?

real men prefer raiden though, you pusy

Venom had Quiet and Raiden had Rose. Even that faggot Johnny got Meryl. Why didn't Big Boss or Solid Snake have a gf?

Quiet isnt his gf. In the guide book it describes their relationship as "mutual respect" iirc. Big boss had eva

If she wasn't his gf why did she refuse to speak english so she didn't give him the vocal std?

*Big Boss.
Yes, like how faggots prefer Big Boss, faggots also prefer Big Boss. Big Boss is like Big Boss except mute.

>A guy who looks like me wont ever be me
Who says he can't? You're making up your own laws.
>Same with that fake. He cant be Big Boss
Big Boss said that he's Big Boss. Big Boss is Big Boss and Big Boss is Big Boss.

Stop sperging abut stupid moral philosophies, anyone can take anyone's identity.

user
Are you implying that I can't become Anonymous?
Because I can pretty much attempt to imitate your posts and become you.

He is Big Boss in the regards of being a body double, and the story would happen the same way if their roles were swapped.

Are you THIS retarded? A look alike is just a look alike. Venom is just a look alike. He isnt THE big boss. Play the truth mission. Thats the only time "Big Boss" is used in the opening credits

She respected him

No because Venom was YOU before being a fake. Big Boss is who you pretend to be. Naked Snake doesnt need to pretend to be Big Boss

"Big Boss" is only used in the opening credits because he's an NPC. If he was actually a playable character, he would be called "Snake". Fact.

It's not pretend. It's being fucking Big Boss.
As Big Boss, Big Boss is Big Boss being Big Boss doing Big Boss things and Big Boss is Big Boss being Big Boss doing Big Boss things as Big Boss.

>Solid would've withdrawn into a depression had Roy not pulled him out of his funk.
And he went right back into it after Meryl ditched him. Only Otacon was able to pull him out again.

>Thats the only time "Big Boss" is used in the opening credits
Not that guy but that name is only used there because Naked is not the protagonist in this game, hence why his actual, correct name (Big Boss) is used instead. Remember that Snake is just an ostensible nickname to get normies to recognize Big Boss, it's not the actual name that would be used in the story.

Your headcanon isnt a fact. Big Boss was put there to make a distinction between the fake and the real thing

Isn't it teased in Rising that Snake isn't dead just yet?

He is ACTING like you. He isnt you. Stop talking crazy you post modern faggot

Your headcanon isn't a fact. You just pulled out assumptions from very vague inferences.

If Big Boss was really put there to make a distinction between Naked and Venom Snake, then why is he named Snake in Ground Zeroes, as THE PLAYABLE CHARACTER?

Because Venom wasnt there pretending to be snake

He's acting like me, and he is me. Doing me things. He is me. Accept it YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
He has a mindset of ME and he performs like me. He's ME.

Are you a fucking idiot?
Kojima has stated multiple times that "Snake" is the name of the protagonist of Metal Gear as a whole, and it has always remained that way. It has nothing to do with "real or fake".

By the way, stop calling Snake Snake. Snake is not Snake. Snake is not Snake either. Snake is a body double of Snake. Snake is not a reptile. Snakes are reptiles, etc. Hope that just completely fried your brain.

Thats retarded. He is just acting

He is being as, not acting as. Acting means for a role, usually to entertain in a production such as a movie.
Whereas Big Boss is being Big Boss for an actual purpose; to do Big Boss things while Big Boss is being helped in safety as he makes Outer Heaven.

It made me laugh. Snake isnt like Big Boss. Naked is the only one to officially have that name. If people found out about Venom they wouldnt consider him "Big Boss"

Acting means pretending. Like venom is pretending to be Big Boss

>If people found out about Venom they wouldnt consider him "Big Boss"
Yes they would. Fuck you, I just want to call him Big Boss you piece of shit.

>how war as a result of John, Tom and THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX is a fucking hellholle
that's literally what big boss was fighting against you brainlet

Big Boss is being Big Boss, you mean. How hard do you have to see that Venom Snake is just a nickname and that Big Boss is his actual name?

If Metal Gear Solid did not need to rely on the "Snake" moniker to make the characters popular, they would be called by whatever they would feel like calling themselves. In this case, he would be called Big Boss.

Venom Snake
>Diamond Dogs don't even care Venom isn't BB, they'll follow him whoever he is
Loyalty to the end.

Attached: 1554618005133.jpg (311x326, 29K)

>that's literally
>The only thing that satisfies your cravings is war!
>You crave bigger tensions, even thrills
John wanted the whole world to be a hellhole that is WAR. He was fighting FOR IT.

Attached: bibo.png (900x506, 260K)

Snake Eater (Big Boss), Shadow Moses (Solid Snake), or Big Shell (Raiden)

Which was the most impressive, and iconic operation?

Case in point, what would would be the most attractive sales interest and premise
>A Metal Gear game with the protagonist named "Big Boss"
or
>A Metal Gear game with the protagonist named "[insert word] Snake"?

The answer is obviously going to be the latter.

no, you retard. he was fighting a system that treated soldiers as pawns. nowhere is it stated that he wanted complete global endless war

Snake Eater > Shadow Moses > Big Shell

Shadow Moses, hands down.

Holy shit you are stupider than the "Venom Snake is Big Boss" guys
Have you never seen MG2 where Big Boss is on the verge of taking over the whole world through nuclear warmongering and aggressive invasion of other countries?

What was it he said in MG2, that he was collecting war orphans and training them to grow up into soldiers so they can start conflicts in other nations?

You are right. In canon he is known as Big Boss. In reality he is a fake. Volgin and the Boss's A.i. agree with me.

Snake Eater was more impressive. But it remained a secret while Shadow Moses leaked to the public so it became more iconic. Big Shell was a basically a vr mission

Solid snake was in at least 2 good games, where as Big Boss has only in 1. So I go with Solid Snake.

That one game is better then any of Solids games

In reality, he is Big Boss too.

Today, I will remind them.

Attached: 1529639105414.webm (812x720, 2.69M)

Attached: 1529806962718.webm (864x720, 2.98M)

fucking delete this now you piece of shit

Do you agree with ?

Attached: 1529842398460.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

Why did Volgin not kill Venom?

neither of these statements disprove mine
do you retards really think he would be able to overthrow zero using nothing but sticks and coconuts?

Solidus did nothing wrong.

I prefer Solidus.

Attached: 1505399277893.jpg (800x1000, 92K)

Solid snake > venom snake >>> big boss

what about raiden?

Solid Snake > Venom Snake > BB before GZ > BB after GZ

>implying it wasn't PW that ruined BB

big boss is an unlikable asshole with 1 good game (mgs3) and a bunch of shit and mediocre games
solid snake is a great man with at least 4 great games (mg2, mgs1, mgs2, mggb) and 1 mediocre game (mgs4)
solid snake's life was harder than big boss
both of them lost friends and mentors and had to kill their mentors (twice for solid snake; both gray fox and big boss)
both of them have been tortured many times
both of them have ptsd
both of them can't hold down relationships
both of them are labelled war criminals
solid snake has almost no support where big boss has an army, because snake feels like he has to shoulder his burdens alone
snake has to deal with his accelerated aging cutting him down at 42 and making his world saving that much harder on his increasingly more frail body
and there's the fucking microwave hallway
snake had it way fucking harder you dumb nigger

Attached: 1536352225129.png (700x480, 36K)

Eh, not by much. It's great but horribly overrated. The Boss is not that amazing of a character.

>implying
You're kinda right but she was memorable for being in one game.

Attached: 1392003926992.jpg (429x442, 105K)

bump

t. Otacon

Venom Snake is exactly the same as Naked Snake except mute. You sure give him the praise for only one fucking game.
For me,
>Big Boss = Big Boss

Old Snek > MGS2 Solid > MGS3 Big Boss > MGS1 Solid.

Because he was looking for John, not his body double.

>boss spergs out when girls show him affection unless they're his mommy figure.
wow, he's just like me

bump

just let the thread die nigga

But MGS threads are rare ;_;

John is Big Boss. Nigga, you trippin

Why did Big Boss let so many people get away with betraying him?

How do I become as suave as Solid SNake instead of autistic like BB?

Big Snake
Solid boss is a faggot that likes dick in his mouth

but anons... you all are my favorite snake.

what if we hate ourselves though

Why couldn’t they just take out the locking mechanism from the ID locked guns?

Attached: C574BAA6-AFEF-43D9-BEAD-9478BA0B6B4A.jpg (530x298, 34K)

IIRC they had that negro character for that porpoise

He's a retard.

Was Solidus the real hero?

Because they had also the patriots to do that for them

He didn't deserve what happened to him. What a shameful death, dying to a faggot like Raiden. Then getting stuffed in a ziploc bag and burned in a fire.

Attached: 1505401418546.png (500x500, 229K)

Is there an actually difference?

See, I’m a firm believer in the “Venom Snake was Big Boss with a disassociative disorder” theory, so in my eyes all of Venom’s accomplishments in MGSV were also Big Boss’s. So I gotta say I like Big Boss more.

Venom was basically cucked out of his own life. That's sad. Why would you enjoy playing as such a beta cuck?

I mean I believe that Venom and Big Boss were the same person. I know the game tells us otherwise but there’s evidence leading to the contrary. Also, because Venom is fucking cool.

You mean the real Big Boss

>fights for freedom
user I have bad news for you...
If anything TPP made Big Boss infinitely cooler than any other fictional character

She never loved him, at least not enough, she almost killed him at the end of Snake eater but didn't just because the Boss told her not to

Cool how

That guy had to hack the chips in the guns and inject you with nanomachines for them to work.
Wouldn’t it be simpler to take out the locking mechanism that prevents the guns from being fired?

Well, Solid ends up being the unwitting villain of the series, being a pawn for the Patriots by trying to stop Ocelot from destroying the AI enslaving the world. I'm going to give it to Big Boss because at least his enemies were actual villains.

I don't know, on one hand, I like Solid and Otacon's bromance on the other MGS3 was the first game I picked up and I went back to play the other two after I was done, I really liked the members of fox and their interactions from Major Zero's britbong posting, to Para-medic's bullshit it was all fun and god damn finding out that Gun nigga Sig was killed in MGS was sad, then finding out that Para-medic is a monster now was just as bad, just seeing all of Fox all apart was depressing

Solid. Big Boss was the death of the series

Snake, he's THE main character of the franchise.

First there’s the opening scene. The game tries to tell us later that the body double of Big Boss would be woken up out of an artificial coma when the real Big Boss comes out of his real coma. But, in the first mission, the nurse is completely surprised when you awaken, using the code phrase “V has come to.” Which would’ve been used for the real BB. And in the mission The Truth, the Doctor is killed before plastic surgery could be done. Also in the last cutscene of The Truth, the pills around the Walkman are schizo meds. There are some other things as well I just can’t remember.

just like snake?

I miss it
youtube.com/watch?v=FXpWW1V5ObM&t=1s

Why did Kojima decide to do gay casette tapes instead later on ?

Venom was programmed to act like an idealized version of Big Boss.

Death Stranding.

Attached: Snake Bridges.jpg (1422x2048, 372K)

not gonna lie, i love both and is really hard for me to decide wich one is my favorite.
That being said, Solid was a better character, but i liked Big Boss design more.
pic kinda unrelated

Attached: cb0da7a520a9035ea4393ebbd5d4daae009a121f.jpg (1992x1838, 1010K)

>Kind of a cunt and has autism
/ourguy/?

i guess shitposting is the american spirit

What is even death stranding about?
Some guy carrying a fetus around?