Will we ever see triple ayy games with high-quality pixel art ever again?

Pic related.

Attached: Hauzer.gif (654x398, 238K)

why? Indie devs have that completely covered.

There's some REALLY high quality indie titles with amazing pixel art but i'm going to explain why Yea Forums has a problem with it:

What Yea Forums wants, but can't elaborate into a coherent single sentence, is big ass sprites.
Seriously that's why everyone here is always like "omg another shitty indie pixel shovelware".
Because Yea Forums wants immense level of detail and good ass animations, but also for the sprites to be really big.

Wich is precisely why they want AAA studios to get involved again, because an indie studio can make things DETAILED or they can make them BIG but they can't do both if you want their game to come out in less than 10+ years.
For an average 5 year more or less dev cycle, you're either gonna get one, or the other, because human beings are human beings and can't work like fucking cyborgs.
It's the shittiest, most high effort low reward approach to making a game and big budget studios just aren't interested like they used to be.
We MIGHT get some AAA detailed ass pixel art game at some point, maybe some rare exception, but Yea Forums needs to accept that indies are all they've got right now and shouting at them isn't going to magically make them become the new goddamn metal slug, because there's simple human limitations involved.

Attached: 1467826263443.gif (1532x702, 1.11M)

Because it could breath some new and nostalgic life into some series?

Kof XIII > KoF XIV
Cadence of Hyrule > Link's Awakening remake

Two examples. Pixel art is timeless and will always look good if done right, plus it's easier to stand out with your own art style / take on it. 3D gets old and doesn't age well, or often looks very cheap and shovelware-like.

You're saying you wouldn't want a new Donkey Kong Country, Wario Land, Pokemon, Mystical Ninja or Chrono game with highly-detailed pixel art? Or would you prefer more cheap 3D and shortcuts taken?

Look nigga i want new 2D SNK shit and i don't give one quarter of a fuck about their new 3D titles but i'm not going to pretend they weren't half dead bleeding money until they switched to 3D titles.
There's a reason why they made the switch, it's just not worth the effort and time invested anymore.

Attached: 46347.jpg (1920x1080, 356K)

no because you need skilled artists to do that and no one with any skill would work for a publisher run sweat shop

No because it's too time consuming and expensive compared to 3D graphics.

We don't need your fucking truthposting, we just came here to bitch about what we can't have.

Octopath Traveler looks pretty neat

Attached: 5b3f6428ecde2_Octopath.jpg (620x413, 76K)

sprites too small

we want CPSIII level sprites, metal slug level sprites.

>ayy
Are there games with good pixel art for ayys?

>this is what indie shills actually believe

Attached: 1544435596449.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

Here's your sprite bro

Attached: Redeye.gif (456x288, 115K)

metal slug 3

Unironically metal slug 3

bigger sprite but level of animation / detail is low. i can count all the keyframes.

this user is correct, we simply dont see combinations of big sprite + high quality animation and detail anymore.

Attached: Huge_Hermit_MSA.gif (266x226, 158K)

2D Fighting games in particular got hurt really bad by the switch from beautiful looking high-quality sprite-work to ugly ass generic "2.5" look.
I mostly blame Street Fighter IV and Yoshinori Ono for it.

Attached: the state of modern fighting games.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Hnnng I want a new Metal Slug or Contra.. it's not fair bros..

Sure, it can be done.

Attached: hyperlightdrifter1280jpg-6d9c18_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

>I mostly blame Street Fighter IV and Yoshinori Ono for it.
You shouldn't.
SNK was trying but bleeding money.
They were fucking dying.
Blame the consumers themselves not giving a shit and not supporting those games.

they already announced a new metal slug. its just going to be shit with pre-rendered backgrounds and reused sprites.

Fucking why is it so bright?

It's over, isn't it? All my favorite franchises dead or turned into generic, soulless shells of what they used to be.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit. Maybe I should just live in the past and make ROM hacks.

Because whoever worked on the lighting aspect had the brilliant idea of using realtime lighting over sprites.

>implying anyone in the triple A dev market has talent

You think they would be leaning on platitudinal agenda pushing bullshit for stories and MOBILE GAME LOOPS if they knew how to make good games???

I blame Sword And Sworcery for the shitty hyperminimalistic sprites trend in indie games.

that looks like typical indie garbage.

Attached: 5niTjTP2E-ntshXAJUKLXFDfp9fQ9VE2I0yfOSjpSvk.png (921x482, 161K)

That's a really cute dinosaur. Can I romance it?

This literally looks like shit when you compare to the pixel art you could find in late 90s games.

Indie dev tried to get everyone on board with this "HURR DURR PIXEL ART" and then they shit out stuff that would look crap on a NES.

Pokemon going full 3D in the 3DS era was a mistake. Pokemon in gen5 was finally pushing what their sprites could do. Now we have "future proof" 3D models.

Attached: Battle.gif (256x192, 978K)