April 2019.... i am forgotten

>online still unplayable and no fixes in sight
>meta already more stale than that of its 20 year old predecessor
>garbage balance patches that are based on casual modes like "Elite Smash" (remember when they unironically nerfed K.Rool? Or when they buffed Olimar?)
What went so wrong?

Attached: super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighter-leak.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 228K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz96eSYdFvc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone gotnhis ass kicked and came to Yea Forums to rant.

lmao this

>legitimate criticism that is even echoed by many highlevel players
>"y-you're just bad! stop criticizing daddy sakura!!!"

im playing it right now bitch

>online still unplayable and no fixes in sight
works on my machine
12 top tiers sounds more balanced than Smash4's Diddy party

Don't forget Sakurai being a massive Playstation fanboy promoting PS4 exclusive shit as DLC.

Idk that's a pretty low number considering that Melee, a game with one third as many characters, has 10 viable character that still make top 8 after decades, yet people call it unbalanced.
Also
>works on my machine
I mean yeah, if you call several added frames of delay on a literal 1-2 ping connection "working" then be my guest.
It basically is a different game online because reaction based gameplay is soft-disabled.

>Forgotten
>We have at least two threads a day

>forgotten
>became not only the best selling smash game in a few months but the best selling fighting game OF ALL TIME
>leads EVO entrants by a mile

Attached: 4IVGEiF.jpg (307x264, 19K)

The gap between melee's top 8 and everyone else is huge though. Anybody who isn't good in melee is just shit. No in between

if you stopped seething you could probably win a match fag

Yeah and a huge amount of character in Ult is complete trash as well.
Imo having about 40% of characters viable like in Melee is better than having having like 15% viable and another 15% maaaaybe viable like in Ultimate.

As it should be

Bros, meleechads won again. How do we force them to take a shower?

Attached: melee fanbase.jpg (350x350, 74K)

Pretty sure everyone is playing stage builder.

So do I have to add "i am forgotten" to my list of filters?

>fighting game
SEETHING basedtendo fanbois.

Put CRTs inside the shower wall and waterproof controllers.
They'll prune up in no time

buttmad little homo walked into ganon's f smash

cope

>Rosterfags
>Discussion

Granted level editor brought back discussion a bit but without that it's just as bad as the MK11 threads.

sMelee fags need to COPE

SEETHING meleegro spotted

take a shower

>no arguments
>only asspain and strawmen

Attached: 1465401629436.jpg (273x265, 33K)

Attached: 1543306754515.jpg (854x960, 378K)

Attached: 1548403490833.jpg (644x800, 123K)

You don't argue with blatant lies, you mock then ignore them.

>best selling Smash ever
>what went so wrong

Keep coping

How is anything in the OP a blatant lie, all of those points are objective facts.

I haven't kept up with competitive scene, are we still having more character variety than the other Smash games? From what I've heard Wolf is really common but also not usually a big tournament winner.

See the problem is, your main is shit.

Top 8 at Pound 3 was literally 3 Snakes and 2 Olimars.

>casual modes like elite smash
>staler than Falcon standard, Kirby up tilt and Pikachu the video game
Fucking dumbass

Not OP but I think saying it's better than Smash 4 isn't saying much

How is Elite Smash not casual, most players there are completely terrible and would go 0-2 in pools at any major.

Attached: 85685.jpg (201x257, 22K)

Of course they are, poopsie

The game is the most balanced Smash but meme "top tier" picks influence retards to keep playing as Wolf, Snake and Olimar.

Online has been completely unplayable for me since launch. I go back to quick play every now and then to see if anything has changed, but I still have a half second-whole second of input lag that makes it impossible for me to do anything.

Granted I didn’t pay for the stupid Ethernet port, but I’ve stuck with locals and arenas with friends. The game is incredible, but the online meta is trash for me because of the above reasons.

I wish i was dumb enough to unironically feel like i've won an exchange after a cop out like that.

>people starting to realize that the game is less balanced than originally thought due to neutral still being nobody approaches
>whiff punishing is even more difficult in this game
And why the fuck is Marth so bad? Jesus Christ

Fpbp strikes again

Bait is unbreakable

>lower percentage of viable characters than Melee, PM or 64
>somehow the "most balanced"
??

It's not really Marth being "bad", it's just that Lucina is so much better in every way that there's no reason to ever play Marth in Ult.

Marth isn’t bad, it’s just going for tippers isn’t worth it compared to Lucina’s consistent damage

>has 10 viable character
Yeah Marth, Marth, Marth, Marth, Marth, Marth, Marth, Fox, Fox and the poor fuck who chose Roy.

I wish it were forgotten but the DLC has ushered in at least a year of smash memeing and faggotry.

>Melee has character diversity
This is a testament to the skill ceiling and gameplay moreso than the balance. The balance is fucking bad, but the better player has lots of room to overcome that. The less depth the game has, the less a player can overcome the horseshit balance. It didn't matter how good you were as a player, if you played Ganon in Brawl vs an Olimar, you lost. Period.

Why don't you have it already?

Marth is bad. Unless you get a hard, spaced punish, he can't kill off a blastzone until insane %s even with tips to other moves. He has less range than many characters who should not have disjoints (but so many character limbs are invincible). He isn't dogshit, but he is bad. He will never win anything because his consistency is so fucking low. He can't kill.

Lol what the fuck are you talking about you mongoloid, nobody plays Roy.
Melee has Fox, Falco, Marth, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, Peach, Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Sheik all regularly making top placements.

That's absolutely a factor, but i feel like it's kinda pointless to divorce those two points.
Melee having more depth means that in practice it's more balanced.

I’ve never experienced any lag with my third world country internet, I guess USA internet is pretty fucked

If you don't notice the lag then you are objectively bad at the game, literally every single highlevel player complains about it.
I can play on a 1 ping connection to a friend one house away and there is still like 6+ frames of delay more than offline, it's atrocious.

Shit game
It's a shit game
I don't get why it is popular

>Puff
Hbox is the only one
>Peach
Not anymore now that armadas gone
>Pikachu
You mean axe
>Falco
You mean mango
>Ice climbers
Without wobbling they'll never get near the top again.

It honestly annoys the shit out of me that melee players do this where they look at the top 8 and go "yep that's the meta".

Game's far from "dead", and the changes only affect stinkies.

It doesn't matter if a character isn't played by a lot of people, viability is about a character's potential to win major events, not how popular they are.
You sound like one of those retards who think eventhubs or reddit tierlists are legit.

THIS THREAD SURE IS STINKY

There aren't 8 melee players in the world you fucking retard.

>le u just suck xD
yikels..

>stale meta
>defends melee
Hope your fox ditto meta is going well. Don't worry i do know you sometimes pick marth and puff.

dodge

can somebody please give me a concrete way in which "character diversity" makes the core gameplay better in any way other than it being a statistic talking point for redditors to try to act like their opinions are quantifiably supported? Especially considering a higher proportion of melee's cast can actually succees competitively compared to ultimate's. Seriously, how does more characters being good make a game better? If melee literally had only fox, it would still be a plenty compelling game.

>smash ultimate
>forgotten
you ever read a dictionary, user?

Melee majors have more variety than a good chunk of Ult ones, despite having a fraction of the characters.
But i guess it's easy to talk shit when you know nothing about the game.

>characters being played = metagame
Hooooly fuck please return to r*ddit

Because *gasp* theres people who prefer Ult mechanics to melee, who wouldve thought!

Character diversity also just makes the game more interesting to play and watch, more characters means more matchups to learn which means more depth.

Go take a shower faggot.

>best selling Smash and fighting game of all time
>constantly being played
>constant threads about it every hour

ok bro

>lower percentage
faggot, of course going by percentage would make it lose in that regard. That's like saying a game that has two fighters with one of them being hot garbage is better balanced that a game that has 30 with 18 being hot garbage, just because it has a higher percentage doesn't mean jack shit
64, Melee, and PM had much smaller rosters and way less variables to account for on individual characters

Sakurai is completely uninterested in making a competitive game.
Nintendo trying to spin it as being geared towards both casuals and the competitive crowd is just a marketing move, it doesn't actually reflect the content of the game or the philosophy of its design.

>Melee majors have more variety than a good chunk of Ult ones,
Just Tweek being there playing Wario/Ylink and Ridley and MKLeo reping Ike/Cloud gives the average Ult major more variety then melee

>>online still unplayable
So you're one of the third world Pajeets actually making the online unplayable for us good honest white people with your third world connection?

>Because *gasp* theres people who prefer Ult mechanics to melee, who wouldve thought!
I've never seen a single person actually state this opinion and then back it up

>garbage balance patches that are based on casual modes like "Elite Smash" (remember when they unironically nerfed K.Rool? Or when they buffed Olimar?)
fuck this specially. what was the point of hiring pro players like Ranai when we are still getting garbo patchs?

Melee still isn't at EVO, seething meleefag. Isn't it time you got over it?

it's just the brainlet's cope. Character diversity has never been important in competitive gaming and that only started to change with the patching era and mass influx of scrubs online. The most important things will always be mechanics and what the characters can actually do

The only thing that went wrong was not adding Pokefloats and online Tourneys.

But that's literally untrue, the amount of characters that regularly perform well in Melee is almost equal to that in Ultimate, Melee beats or equals it in both percentage and real numbers.

No it doesn't lol

3 Player FFA on omega stage
>Two opponents instantly camp either side of the stage firing projectiles
>Will only approach when someone has committed to an edge guard or a grab
>If you grab one and throw them towards the either player they instantly run back to the edge.
I'm expected to play like this without quitting for a quarter of an hour per hour just to be able to continue playing online.
Fuck GSP.

EU here. 120/120mb connection and ethernet adapter on the switch. online is fucking garbage in Ultimate.

8 out of 10 quickplay games and 10 out of 10 arena games are lagfree for me, must be on your end.

Attached: works on my machine.png (200x193, 30K)

Ahh neat, now a nuSmash game might actually get more views than Melee at EVO for the first time.

This. Melee Fox alone has more depth than the entirety of Ultimate's top tiers combined, but i guess actual gameplay variety doesn't matter to toddlers who just wanna see different colors and lights flashing around.

I've noticed 'forgotten' posting has been abused so that it means it's nothing related to being forgotten but basically a giant tell that the OP really doesn't like the game and gets mad when he sees more threads of it so by making "forgotten" posts they're hoping they can condition people into stop talking about the thing that makes them so mad.

>no it doesnt lol
yes it does lol

They "buffed" Olimar by fixing his glitched charge smashes.

>>no it doesnt lol
>yes it does lol
no it really doesn't lol

I hate Melee players so much, it's a shame most newer smash players don't know enough about Melee to deflate their arguments.

You say Melee is the perfect game and mechanically superior to ultimate, if so, why is UCF, a mod that mechanically changes the way melee works so that internal flaws in the engine like the backdash glitch are removed, popular enough to be tournament standard? Surely you wouldn't need to mod melee to make it a perfect game, especially after all that time you fags spent shit talking Project M for being a modded game.

If the game is mechanically superior to Ult, then why is banning wobbling and certain aspects of Jigglypuff even a discussion? If the game is so good, then why does the majority of the community only seem to like 5 characters and dislikes all the rest?

How come most of you idiots are so garbage at the game you can't even figure out how to beat shield grabs and crouch cancel and just tout the opinions of top players? You have no right to criticize other games when you're so bad at Melee that you don't understand the basic mechanics.

You retards have such a fucking cognitive dissonance. You claim Melee is absolute perfection yet all the boos come out full force anytime Hungrybox wins a tournament because apparently Jigglypuff doesn't count as being part of Melee. Ultimate doesn't have any specific characters that are cancerous enough to get booed, and Ultimate hasn't needed any broken techniques to be banned or had any discussion about it.

If you prefer playing an inferior, broken shitty game that's fine, but at least be honest with yourselves about it.

Attached: 507.jpg (600x709, 81K)

>anime pic
opinion discarded

that picture is probably older than you are you fucking shitbag, kill yourself.

>Melee Fox has more depth than
Melee's depth is carried by low endlag and high hit stun; any character can chain attacks to basically delete a stock with enough skill.

>This. Melee Fox alone has more depth than the entirety of Ultimate's top tiers combined
wow waveshines are SO deep, it takes so much brain power to play a character that only need one OoS option

keep seething, incel

Nobody actually says melee is perfect so your whole wall of text is a waste of time.

>hating on the best game in the series
telltale sign of low iq

Attached: smash iq.png (960x743, 253K)

But nodody here is claiming that Melee is perfect, which you're basing your entire argumentation on.
It's a heavily flawed game, everyone is aware of that.
It's just that despite it's flaws it's still an immeasurably more interesting competitive game than nuSmash.

I saw this as someone who wanted to drop Melee for Ultimate and was super into it for a few months, the game just doesn't have enough depth to stay interesting for a long time and the online being dog shit really kills it for me.

>no argument except wojaks
lol

was 2012 really that long ago?

Attached: 1436455630161.jpg (576x720, 173K)

Smash is a family game not meant to be played competitively, worst thing Nintendo could do is pander to those handful of autists

Smash is an action game for Nintendo franchise enthusiasts. The average Smash player is 20-30.

>some parts of a widely beloved game are less loved than others, relatively speaking.
NOOOOOO BROS, MY ENTIRE WORLD VIEW IS CRUMBLING DOWNNNNN

Ah yes, having shit online and more dull character movesets than previous Smash games definitely makes it a better casual game, somehow.

I believe that if you think you are 'good' at smash, yet constantly have a fucking cry about online FFA matches, time battles, item battles or playing on stages like Delfino, then you actually aren't very good. Yet faggots will defend to the death that 1vs1, no items, smashville is the only measure of skill that matters.

I also believe that if you are good at FPS in a game like battlefield, you will be good in the vehicles, good in infantry-only maps, good at playing all classes, good in small, medium and large maps and leading a squad. Meanwhile I dont see a single fucking person anywhere on this world declaring that the only measure of skill in FPS games is 1vs1, pistols only, wild west shootout.

What's the difference? Hint: There is fucking none. The best smash players in the world win no matter what the game mode is. FFA, Items, final smash meter. It doesnt matter, they are the best and they always win. If you can't win different game modes, it means you need to get better.

Stop fucking crying because Nintendo forces you out of your comfort zone and expects you to expand your skill set. If you were playing literally any other competitive game, MobA, FPS, Sports, whatever you would realise that being good at one tiny aspect of the game gets your shit wiped out.

Attached: smash bros items.png (1072x1073, 1.67M)

Idk. As someone who hated brawl and tr4sh ult is p fun

Online is absolute trash though and that's unforgivable considering they're charging for it now

Because families and casuals don't care about muh meta

They want exciting stages and hazards, big moves and variety.

Its 0.0001% of autists who try make this game something it isn't by banning everything that makes smash good

Can't space in this game and no way to combo into f-smash, stay with pm

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz96eSYdFvc

Ult is probably the worst game in the series. Literally nobody has anything positive to say about it, and everyone agrees that the series was dead since Brawl. Literally nobody in Ult is fun to play as.

Do you really think jank ass items, stage hazards, and other bullshit are what anybody enjoys about a smash game, casual or not? And something being "intended for a casual audience" doesnt just give it free reign to be shit

i disagree, piranha plant and the belmonts are the most fun i've had with smash since falco in melee.

I've been shitting on Ult pretty heavily in this thread but i don't think that's true, it's still a much better game than Tr4sh and Brawl ever were. Those two were legitimately bad games, Ultimate is heavily flawed and kinda dull, but it's still a fun time.

Casuals like big simple moves but most of them really dont like hazards, especially the full retard ones that Brawl and up have. They like stages like Temple and the MM lake stage, nobody likes the moving stages

Attached: Icicle Mountain.png (547x487, 25K)

you realize that most competitive FPS only play 1-2 gamemodes and a handful of maps. People who complain about competitive smash banning shit have no idea about competitive gaming as a whole and need to step out of their bubble

Attached: 1554645252605.jpg (1235x695, 472K)

I didn't read that post but that's an awful analogy, I'd much rather have the burger on the right than fucking kill myself trying to eat the gross abomination on the left. It looks way more appetizing and not like some shit that's gonna make me instantly gain 20lbs.

I honestly have a lot less fun playing Ultimate than either Brawl or 4. Not being able to take big risks or punish heavy-hitting moves really takes away a lot of the game's fun for me, and no character really makes the game feel any better.

I just want to be able to side b again after i get hit

Attached: 1556163223837.png (633x758, 35K)

>user few days ago says to try using Ridley like a swordie; keep him at a certain distance to use tilts and aerials.
>Start doing better but have to actually try to not fall into old habits.
Why's it so damn hard to avoid doing what I used to? I have to purposefully keep in my mind not to do this or that, to stop short of a dash and use a tilt, etc. It's helping but damn is it rough. I'm not some amazing player either and a few characters easily stomp my Ridley. Still something so simple and changing how I think when I use him helping like it has seems so strange. Maybe I'm just retarded for not thinking of it myself. At least I'm having fun with him again. Thank you user, wherever you are.

I hope he gets some buffs but I don't think he's utter shit either. Hopefully Ultimate buffs a lot of characters so it's not just the same 8 that we see. That or maybe the community just latches on to what their Twitch/Youtube "pros" say is best and run it into the ground?

Attached: 1550777465249.jpg (894x894, 292K)

>Not being able to take big risks or punish heavy-hitting
wut? Did you even play 4?

Keep at it user, consciously thinking about every movement and attack you put out in the game is the first step to actually gitting gud!

>I'd much rather have the burger on the right
european spotted

Attached: the main difference between europe and america.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

I really don't understand why at launch there were a million retards trying to play Ridley like Bowser.

Yeah bruv I played marth and fucked people by perfect pivot outspacing them and tippering to victory. I'd sit in front of people's shields and just stand still for a small rush, because if they got scared and rolled back it's a perfect setup for tipper fsmash. Aerials and smashes were generally much more punishable than in Ultimate so punishing them and taking big risks by using them was much more of a thing. Also airdodge was really punishable on landing, which made baiting defensive options fun too.

have fun dying in your 30s amerifat.

>buffs
Don't hold your breath.

unfortunately you're playing a bottom 5 character, it sucks but you're going to struggle no matter what and ultimately IMO it'd be better to learn the game with an actual good character if you're new so you know when you're being held back by your character or not. I genuinely think Ridley vs most sword characters is a near impossible matchup.

SEETHING melee fag

Attached: 8656856856.jpg (829x314, 70K)

when did ulillillia get a haircut?

Bottom 5? Really? I know he has problems but he has strengths too. Do people honestly think he's that bad? Hell Lucina is one of my easier top tier matchups with Ridley. He outranges her, has fireballs, a command grab for counters, and can gimp her off stage.

why do people keep saying he is bottom 5? Bottom 5 characters dont get top 8 placements at majors regardless of who plays them

When does Ridley ever get any top 8 placement? You mean at that one major days after the game launched? That major?

When Tweek sandbags with him

I think he's absolute garbage, I've never lost to a Ridley as Lucina but I imagine at a more beginner level most Lucina players are probably garbage (I don't even main Lucina). A good Lucina would probably just rush you down with NAirs and dtilts in a way that is near impossible to respond to. Ridley outranging swords doesn't matter because he puts out slow, laggy hurtboxes to do it and swords don't have any hurtboxes AND are less laggy than him.

This game is pretty balanced IMO but I think Ridley is absolutely one of those characters where you're going to hit a wall, if you like him then go for it absolutely play him, but don't expect to have an easy of a time improving as other people.

When has this ever happened?

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.

Doesn't mean anything just means Tweek is a far superior player to most people, Leffen has beaten top players like Professor Pro in Melee with Mewtwo, skill will always matter infinitely more than tiers but you have to be noteably better than someone to beat them with a low tier.

Based

I got elite smash with my main, then was like "okay beat the game" and haven't played since. Anyone else ktf?

Yeah I’m not an autist at fighting games, that’s probably why

Yeah that's totally fine, nothing wrong at all with being casual.
I just think it's rude and silly to talk down to people who do care about having good online just because you don't notice it.

Are you sure his tail is a hurtbox too? That's retarded if so. Guess it'd explain why I get seemingly outranged by attacks that don't seem longer than his. If tail attacks are hurtboxes, why? What purpose do they to be one?

It's a kids' party game. What the hell is wrong with you, Yea Forums?

Because that's how it should be? The game should not be all characters with swords/spears for hitboxes. If you extend a limb/move, you should be able to be whiff-punished. This game really fucking tries to stop you from doing that, though. Clanking with moves that are facing the opposite direction and shit like that is infuriating.

I got to the upper end of elite smash and got matched with M2K once but got tired of it because online isn't like the "real" game and it was too frustrating.

I get matched with M2K a bunch too, only ever see him when he is playing meme characters like Ryu or Mewtwo though

If Ridley whiffs he's already got big endlag. His tail doesn't need to be a hurtboxes too. Might as well make Lucina and the rest of the swords a hurtboxes too.

Are you referring to 64? Cause I don't think it's more stale than that one, although if 64’s is staler it's not by much

No, Ridley still has relatively more active frames and less endlag than swords, his tail being a hurtbox isn't his possible, his problem is his hurtbox is so huge and awkward but he doesn't have the advantages that would normally come with that. He's not a super heavy weight, his recovery is bad so he doesn't live long and can't edgeguard, and his moves are very precise and hard to land even though one of the advantages of huge characters is large moves with huge neutral coverage.

He basically has all the disadvantages of a fatty with none of the advantages. Mewtwo's tail is a hurtbox but Mewtwo is a very good character, so the tail being a hurtbox isn't what kills him.

So what could help him? More weight? Up b coming out faster?

>1v1 is boring
wow what a surprise. too bad smash autists are too antisocial to learn doubles, a format that actually requires skill.

Changing characters like that where you cover their weaknesses is pointless, just make Ridley do more damage.

>he doesnt play 3v3 and 4v4

Attached: 1378859051151.png (334x393, 134K)

but most of the high tier characters just dont have real weakness though

It does feel like most of his attacks are beestings that can't really combo while he himself gets combod easily and gets damage stacked on him quickly.

That's ok because I main them and don't want to have a challenge. Muh meta, bitch!

Low IQ take
honestly its very hard to make him good in his current state and I'll doubt any balance patch through ultimate can fix him. Ridley basically needs his Up B entirely reworked, his weight increased, and his moves changed to be good. We're going to need to wait for the next game for a high tier ridley most likely.

untrue, you're just a retard and can't figure it out. Every character in this game has clear weaknesses, just some are more obvious and bad than others.

I don't care for high tier. Mid tier is fine by me and he feels like he hovers in that range.

he sucks dick ur delusional

>some weakness are just less weak than others

Attached: 1382566259902.jpg (240x250, 6K)

>Babysitting kid
>He makes an 8 player match
>Match starts
>He can't even see himself
>Dies
>Pauses the game and quits 15 seconds in.
>Repeat
>Repeat
>"Okay I wanna play a different game."

Attached: 1556302360311.png (388x488, 110K)

>Palutena
>Peach
>weaknesses

Attached: 1556277972828.jpg (572x654, 66K)

I'd take you more seriously if you didn't type like a twelve year old.

Palutena lacks solid grounded options other than jab and has a linear moveset that's easy to play around. Because of her limited options in neutral she can become very predictable.

Peach has an easily exploitable recovery and poor ground movement. Her moves also have lag/short range relatively and can be played around.

Try again, sweaty.

He sucks dick if you're a mouthbreathing comp autist.

Palutena's actually considered pretty shit in japan and basically has no players. Really makes you think.

>he sucks dick if you're a person who likes trying to win the video game

Attached: 1495913871738.gif (379x440, 140K)

>you can't win and enjoy the game unless you place top 8 at stinkies
>you can't have fun without always winning

Attached: 1539626008312.png (336x259, 77K)

That's not what I said retard, I just said he's a bad character.

Play him if you want but if you're trying to win you're putting yourself at a disadvantage and that's facts. If you just want to have fun play whoever the hell, I'm not trying to police who people play.

Not being top tier doesn't make him shit. He's solid mid tier.

But my hero, ZeRo, told me he's poopoo tier so he has to be.

>character is bad if they aren't in the top 10
if you only play "top tier" characters and can only win with those characters then the issue isn't with who you're playing as.

smash ult is pretty good. best one in a long time. although i liked 4 a lot too. nly thing is that some characters have too much lag time between moves, and you can't cancel moves to defend yourself.

so lots of times you are left wide open. You have to think a few moves ahead before you attack and that gets kind of annoying. where as 4 you could be more aggressive, in ult you have to dance around the screen hoping you wont get grabbed or hit because you can't react as fast as before.

I don't think the unviability is even comparable because there are just more mediocre characters than anything. There are more average and above average characters than anything. It's too soon to say exactly, and we should see if they fuck up the DLC like they did with Smash 4 by making pay to win characters, but this game is nowhere near comparable to melee in in unusable characters.

>Popular game
>Month after it released... i am forgotten
>This is posted every time
>Every time there are 500 replies

AND YOU GUYS CALL BLACK PEOPLE STUPID?

HAHAHAHA RETARDS

Attached: el donte.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Wait, you mean to tell me that smash 4 was a more aggressive game? I didn't play that game too much because I didn't own a Wii U so i don't recall too much about how the lag was after every move but I remember it being slow and in comparison ultimate is a little less like that, also, I hated that you couldn't edgeguard whilst in ultimate you can do it more

Smash even just released a dlc character and a huge update. If anything it's more active than it's been in months.

Smash 4 was garbage. Unless he's talking about Bayonetta when she took it over.

That's what he was implying.

Doesn't Japan kind of suck at Smash though? On a comp level I mean.

CAPTAIN

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

FAAAAAAAALLCCOONNNNNNN

>online still unplayable
what?
>meta is stale
the meta is still developing but yeah some tournaments have been a snorefest
>trash balance patches
if you think making major balance patches to a fighting game with 70 characters 4 months into its release is a good idea you're fucking casual trash

The ones that come over here do pretty well. I kinda wish I could follow their competitive scene instead because they stick to characters more instead of just playing whatever's most OP.

>what?
Several frames of delay added even on a literally flawless connection to someone in the same city is not acceptable, there's also zero compensation for lagspikes so wifi users really fuck things up and for some reason spectators increase lag in arenas.
It's one of the worst online modes i've ever seen on a current gen system.
>the meta is still developing but yeah some tournaments have been a snorefest
Indeed, but it seems like the trend is going more towards boring that interesting, it's been getting consistently worse.
>if you think making major balance patches to a fighting game with 70 characters 4 months into its release is a good idea you're fucking casual trash
But they ARE making major changes to some characters, oftentimes poorly.
Also wrong, this game is as shallow as a puddle, it's 100% that a character like Bowser Jr, Kirby or Ridley needs buffs and isn't a sleeper top tier, buffing them wouldn't break the game.
Also, most pros are asking for changes as well and if they fall under your definition of casual, then i don't mind being one as well.

Who cares? I play Smash when I have friends over and we have a blast. Just as intended.

Stinky melee cretins itt lmao

Light
Floaty and second slowest fall speed
Slow ground speed
Lackluster range
Really hates disjoints and projectiles

Attached: peach teaa.jpg (600x600, 123K)

OK, thread over.

you mean jigglypuff, then for everybody who dosnt have the patience of a fucking saint: fox-falco, marth, and maby a sheik(without zelda) or peach?
oh and ice climbers if you allow wobbling, which actually breaks them

Have they improved the matchmaking/online at all?
I stopped playing because every game was either camping the edge of a stage in a FFA or top tier Omega stage 3 stock and you could never tell what you were going to get and you couldn't change characters afterwards to accommodate.

>forgotten
>when you make the same thread every four hours

Attached: on god.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

They improved the matchmaking, but you can still get unlucky and get matched with FFA players or some retard with items and 3 stock 3 minutes.

good rebuttal, ill admit im biased on major balance patching because crying for buffs and nerfs are unhealthy for a community and halts growth and I do think 4 months is too early to make extreme changes

nice try, smeleefag, but nothing will ever be more stale than "fox vs. jigglypuff: the game." now take a shower, you reek.

Attached: 1556163534035.png (492x638, 28K)

>this commentary duo
what the hell. this guy seems annoying as fuck to hbox. is he doing that on purpose?

I love playing Young Link. Shame people expect either top tier play or an annoying asshole who camps from one side of the stage and spams projectiles. I need to get a secondary though.

Thanks for the Smash thread faggots. Please continue to shitpost about how much of a "dead" game it is.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-27 Super Smash Bros Ultimate Is Already the Best-Selling Fighting Game In The His (782x803, 908K)

Hell no, there's a bunch of pretty strong guys over there. I've recently seen a video of a madman playing DDD against Void's Pichu and almost winning that matchup. Not to mention them handily beating America's top players at a Team Battle a little while ago.

>madman playing DDD
has to be ZAKI, he bodied leffen 2-0 at prime saga as well

Yeah that's correct. and I've gotta watch that video of him beating Leffen because that seems hilarious what with the latter constantly ignoring non-top tier characters.

For 1v1s maybe, but not if you play doubles or FFA, You'll end up in either one no matter your settings. Also the banning system is still trash.

>stock in 2v2
is there anything worse?

Not how that graph is supposed to work you absolute brainlet.

Attached: yuo_fucking_cretin.png (666x683, 274K)

Was thinking about getting a Switch just to play Ultimate. Is it worth it? I just wanna play against other people online

>just to play Ultimate
never buy a console unless you have found several games you intend to play.

>falling for the bait

Attached: smash iq 2.png (1100x1300, 308K)

how about this?

Attached: smash bros toon iq.png (3992x4528, 2.05M)