Games as a Service is a Scam

youtube.com/watch?v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw

Will devs ever fix the games as a service problem?

Attached: games service fraud 3.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw/
youtube.com/watch?v=7awkYKbKHik
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio
youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8
youtube.com/watch?v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw&t=31m51s
youtube.com/watch?v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw&t=48m13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bacterial marketing spam will make people hate your content, ugly.

>hating ross
Newfag alert

I don't know who Ross is, but I'm assuming it's this extremely ugly guy?

Mold isn't a bacteria

he's married and you aren't.

Why would I get married? I smash fresh slit on the regular. That's a cuck's game.

OP doesn't even care about the topic. He's just shilling his video.

>fresh slit
lmao virgin

EU or AUS courts would have to make it happen, US court system is ruled by money and the only way anything would change is if a case made it to the supreme court because lower court rulings won't change shit. The best solution is for consumers to just stop supporting it but that isn't ever going to happen because most consumers don't care.

I've fucked almost 100 women user. How does that make you feel? Lol

holy shit this dude looks fucking retarded, he has the haircut of a metalhead teenager but he looks like he's 40

>his go to number is 100 when he lies
lol

That's kind of gross

I actually lost track of the number, but it's close to that.
Clean as a whistle. Just had a workup.

Who tf thinks being married is the epitome of being a chad? I could literally marry my girlfriend right now but I don't want to cause marriage isn't worth shit.

Attached: BlackHole.png (700x700, 334K)

Attached: 1556374634390.jpg (388x375, 19K)

Facebook tier

Yeah I used to watch Freeman's Mind before I had seen what he looks like, he sounded like a fat high school physics teacher and it gave the videos a fun meta feel, but then I saw what he looks like and it's impossible for me to watch them anymore.

How long until this old disgusting fuck's drones stop flooding the catalog?

You feel Facebook tier?

What the fuck is games as a service?

>defending shills
incel alert

It's when you buy a game and then the developer goes under because they're useless and the game you bought don't work no more.

I know those fucking faggot niggers shilling for consumer rights. How dare they!

why do people keep spamming this video?

Yeah, make another 80 threads. That'll make everybody agree with him and totally not get annoyed by his ugly unwashed faggot face.

damn this nigga got an 8head holy shit

Oh, another e-begging "angry" gamer with an "opinion"

>needing an hour long video to tell you what we've known for years
kys

>retarded corporate cocksleeves attacking Ross for his looks
How shocking

hey dude i know the company pays you but jesus nothing's gonna change anyways so don't worry lmao

He could have made a meme image and got the point across holy fuck an hour of my sleep gone last night

Damn, this is some good bait

when was the last time this gross looking fuck took a shower though? Let's start asking the questions that matter

No bait. I'm not even a Chad lol...

you're the real shill you corporate cocksucker

Judging by the ellipsis you're either a boomer or a pajeet
You leave me a lot to guess, one of the more interesting people with something to prove about their character despite our prevailing anonymity

>you are a corporate bootlicker if you don't watch and like this one-hour long video so that faggot gets money with it
If OP or you really care about the topic you wouldn't have a problem with making a thread about it without shilling that faggot in the OP, right?

Attached: 7ioagswqd6f21.jpg (604x604, 37K)

>The best solution is for consumers to just stop supporting it but that isn't ever going to happen because most consumers don't care.
That's why he showed that quote at the end about if the only solution is to "vote with your wallet" then the movement is doomed.

I'm a boomer, 31. The fact that we're anonymous more than anything confirms my claims, because there is no incentive or motivation to lie repeatedly. I'm not larping to claim some sort of expertise; it was a counterclaim that "the person is married and therefore better than you", which turned out to be small-time.

>disliking shills means you love corporations!
lmao fuck off retard, if you were able to think for more then 2 seconds you would know that games as a service sucks without your favorite e-celeb telling you so.

Attached: 1555344187417.gif (498x372, 723K)

t. Todd Rogers

fucking shill retards think they are swaying anyone

They post it because then you fucks would ask for the source of where we're getting our info from and then it'd start all over again.

How does the way you obtain information matter?

games dying is natural, circle of life brehs

The video is probably the most comprehensive on the subject for the time being, do you prefer to just argue semantics and that games as a service are bad on a conceptual level? Would you prefer if someone else was the one who made the video? What are you even arguing for?

>make a thread that doesn't look like an ad
>post the video in a reply if anyone wants to know more
Done. Now everyone won't call you shill and mods won't keep deleting the threads for being advertising.

It's not about him getting money, it's about understanding an argument.

I didn’t realize I browsed Yea Forums with basketball superstar Wilt Chamberlain. Can you autograph my post?

Wilt fucked thousands of women.

>then
>not than
retard detected

you two sound like teenage girls who stop listening to a song when they realize the singer isn't a cute boy

>e-celeb

>because there is no incentive or motivation to lie repeatedly
But what about lying or fabricating a narrative to gain replies or to invoke ire?
A lot of people do that here and some can deliberately lie even to themselves if it was advantageous to them
Not trying to imply anything, however if you have history in this place, there has of course been demographic change and some of that change includes a number of self-centered posters
Take sissyposting for example: do you think those kinds of people inflate their own self-worth and apparent value through their claims or the words they make here?
>The fact that we're anonymous more than anything confirms my claims
But anyone can say anything, even IRL and words are cheap to make
Only proof is generally timestamping a real image with some exceptions, if you can't substantiate claims yourself, what's the value for others to gather around your words? Anyone could say them
Currently, there's no reason to believe nor disbelieve because you're numbers add up, but you've also put personal pride on the line, so perhaps you could be embellishing, the reason why I suggest this is:
>... which turned out to be small-time
If it really was small time, is it even worth a reply?
My view on posting is it should either add some value (idea, entertainment, etc) or pursue some end, good or bad, but to add value or pursue agenda must be more abstract than yourself
Posting in an anonymous video game board about your own sex life is anathema to the thread topic because it started with a character attack of the video in OP's post and to the anonymous format general because it only furthers yourself, who doesn't matter in the greater scope, you're not even a tripfag with their own agenda
If all your opinions are drops in the ocean and even in their sum they can't make waves, what was the point in making it rain?
Just some food for thought, slam some brown tomboy puss for all of us
Cheers

Attached: 1537731763857.jpg (540x722, 53K)

>Will devs ever fix the games as a service problem?

This "problem" is making them literal millions, so probably not, retard.

Attached: 1547601627182.png (645x773, 43K)

Big yawn. Never seen this boring,ugly balding faggot before. And theres no chance I'm watching a 1+hour video about shit games and how they are delivered

Source on the millions?
What GaaS platforms exist currently other than PSNow and how much do they respectively make?
Stadia seems a little bit from proper release, but I'm out of the loop as well

Freemans Mind might be somewhat popular but barely anyone knows who Ross is.
If he were an eceleb his video would have few million views by now and there would be articles trying to debunk him and calling him out for not sucking corporate cock.

You realize this is false flagging, right?
A industry shill wants people to love this bullshit and hate Ross for pointing it out so he's spamming it, again and again until the contrarian hivemind decides that it loves other people owning their games.

Not going to try and debate any arguments given to you, corporate cock sucking shills?

Also the video along with his account would dissapear from Youtube pretty quick.

based

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw/
KILL YOURSELF
KILL YOURSELF
KILL
YOUR
FUCKING
SELF

Attached: 1555931308493.jpg (409x270, 37K)

also he would be called "alt-right"

>Will devs ever fix the games as a service problem?
will people ever recover from a hour and 15 minute long YT that be summed up in this one sentence.
"Games shouldn't have post release content that I have to pay for it"

>doubling down
>""pretending" to be retarded
SEETHING SHILLS lmao go cry to your youtuber

it doesn't feel, free to get the info anyway you want. It's the shilling that gets old

What's wrong with going into detail defining your argument?

I wish the person doing this would understand that there's no way in hell Ross would want him to

>can't do anything more than give Ross a bump
thanks again corporate shill retard

Should post the fireden link in the comments and vote it up to show his fans his favorite site.

They still get deleted.

>Ross is reddit
>Somehow it's bad to be well informed on a topic

Since when has Ross been angry, or even much of a "le ebin modern twitch gamer"

He makes like 1 video every other month, and covers shit like Rama. lmao

The gaming market is doomed. Voting with your wallet is irrelevant when raving fanboyism determines whether or not someone buys the next cinematic experience or the next nostalgia rehash bait. In a market where profits may derive from a small fraction of whales spending a lot while the rest spend little to nothing, you have very little power to object by paying nothing.

The fact that you keep replying to this is pretty telling that you have an issue with confidence. Nobody believes liars like you, but more important, nobody cares.

does this guy ever talk about consoles and their scams? og xbox and its DLC, wii shop, dsi shop, and soon to be 3ds and wii u shop, etc. all consoles where you paid money for digital games/DLC and have ZERO way to ever re-download your stuff. if your console stops working that's it, potentially hundreds of dollars gone and no way to play the games again without hacking and pirating.

Satisfactory might disagree with your "reasoning".

Don't you have homework to do, kid?

Game support dies, the game itself doesn't have to though.

based ross

There's a difference between no one playing the game, but still being able to host your own server to invite friends to play with or even play by yourself, and not being able to play the game at all.

This is a really sad case of a bunch of actual newfags, and I don't mean new to Yea Forums, but new to the internet in general, who've got all these warped assumptions. They apply it to everything, they can't look at anything on its own, its all got to be some premade piece that fits into how they see the world around them.

Ross Scott isn't the quartering, or yongyea, or even some avgn knockoff. He made his bones making fucking machinima videos. The sad thing is most of the people jumping onto their assumptions probably don't even know what a machinima even is.

Just don't let it get to you, people are just like this now and there's not much you can do to change it.

Attached: 1554625468603.gif (164x170, 130K)

>this

>this

haha dancing pizza!
I love pizza!

>literal who e-celeb
>long hair
>black shirts with band names
>unironically listening to metal past age 15

I hope he's at least paying you for shilling his shitty videos

I was already in agreement with his sentiments. Seeing people get mad about them is just the icing on the cake

Attached: CDB0F4C7-6608-4908-9FE7-FA73839312C3.jpg (357x403, 46K)

>Thread keeps getting deleted
>Better repost it
How much are you getting paid?

>All the stupid shit made to be addicting and waste your time will disappear someday.

It's a good video, but honestly I can't say I care.

Imagine working years on a game and all your hard work goes to the trash with no chance of playing it again.

>man moved poland and was taken over by mold
>having any money to pay people

Attached: 1511888057130.jpg (500x500, 56K)

>I know companies are deliberately fucking me over and Im wasting my money but whatever.

Fuck you user, don't remind me of the past.

Attached: 1538916938415.jpg (400x533, 164K)

Attached: 1538627521298.png (500x500, 26K)

get out newfag

Ross isnt an e-celeb, anyone who says this doesnt know what their talking about or is an actual legitimate shill.

No. -1 image limit

Attached: 633965.5000000002_1366246254419.png (566x625, 688K)

I mean, there are. It doesn't take a genius to guess that buying a product or something within said product and being able to use it only for as long as dude who sells it allows you is fucking bullshit.

There is also something stinky about fucking banning people for being shitheads in chat.
>Buying Overmeme for 40 bucks or whatever
>Say nigger
>Can't play game forever
>goobye 40 dollars
What the actual fuck, wouldn't being banned from chat make sense?

Or you could stop making this same thread over and over parroting e-celeb opinions on things we've already known about and gone over for several years.

Yes, I'm an avid Destiny player. You are really smart user.

Let them fuck over people, let them do that more. If people's characters get deleted, games shut down, 1000$ dollar purchases lost, maybe they will finally get sick of this shit and the genre will crumble. We need to accelerate, this trend is ruining the industry and making it just a bit more consumer friendly solves nothing.

>The amount of smooth-brains in this thread

Attached: 1a.png (343x292, 17K)

That kind of retards will just move onto another game, this will not stop until its made known loud and clear not just to the casuals but people responsible for stopping this kind of bullshit in the industries as big as video games.

thanks for the bump retard

Attached: waifu.jpg (510x413, 26K)

>Ross having money for literally anything, let alone paying people to shill on a forum.

Have you thought that someone who likes Ross, and thought the topic of the video would make a good tread decided to do just that?

All with out any money involved, I know it might come as a shock but Yea Forums is actually meant for talking about video games and video games related things. Things like the super shifty industry ruining business model that is "Games as a service.

The ironic part is that the retards like you yelling about shills are the only ones constantly bringing up Ross, and derailing the thread.

Attached: 1545533926529.gif (700x827, 510K)

Ross is right, but is also right, do you really think some studio/publisher who wasted 500m on a new game, wants you playing some last gen game ?
Is the same thing with Nintendo and roms, they know their audience are a bunch of retards who loved SNES games, but they want money for the shit new Mario, or the shit new Pokemon, or the shit new Smash, if Nintendo wants people to play the new expensive toys, not the old ones.
As soon streaming becomes a thing, goodbye old games, they are going to control what you play, and how you play, they are going to remove all old games so you can play the new games, and make them money.

Attached: 1555278633646.jpg (722x713, 82K)

Attached: 1549183417199.jpg (400x400, 31K)

People like him defend shitheads like cunkey, that fat faggot, DSP, and post
>This board is shit we should ban X posters

Attached: 1556313913929.jpg (240x240, 45K)

Attached: 1536935254852.png (494x349, 89K)

Attached: 1527177800612.png (474x298, 112K)

Attached: 1521579372024.jpg (500x457, 54K)

Attached: 1536055549188.png (830x900, 63K)

>Guy makes a comprehensive video about a subject in gaming meant to spark actual discussion and debate
>Yea Forums sidesteps the whole thing by shitposting, calling each other shills and ignoring the whole thing
Why do I even come here anymore?

Attached: 1460490641342.jpg (480x476, 153K)

Thispilled

Speaking about stream, would anyone pay for the subscription fee for the shit stadia ?

Attached: 1544389439715.jpg (784x640, 39K)

Still gross

Attached: 1547734067737.png (1280x1600, 2.51M)

I don't really follow Ross extensively to know or care about his drama though, that is the point.

The OP made a thread to talk about "Games as a services" and used Ross's new video as an example. I don't think he gives a shit about who Ross does or doesn't like, and neither do I.

You are unironically doing the same shit you were accusing me of. Stop giving a shit about le internet drama. The video was posted because it pertained to the topic and addressed it well.

t. shill

Because they fall for bait.

Keep it coming

Attached: 6cdc70705b283e4e6849b0d86abdeb45.png (1000x1000, 727K)

E-celebs aren't Fucking video games kill your faggot self

Attached: 1547769605464.png (1156x1628, 1.5M)

>so that faggot gets money with it
based imbecile

Attached: 1539865150286.jpg (640x621, 38K)

Than why don't you talk about the fucking subject rather than posting about offtopic ?

Attached: 1537972550534.jpg (640x295, 65K)

i've fucked exactly 32 women, and i remember them all. your number is hilarious exaggerated.

Why would I hate someone putting forward good arguments that relate to something I care about? You do play video games, don't you user?

I personally killed THREE games today

But there is also a big market for old games, they won't disappear just like that. I'm hoping that PC stays mostly untouched since modding is a big thing there and the PC gamer culture is mostly a niche that doesn't want or need any of the advantages of streaming games.

Attached: 1513900637473.jpg (932x899, 166K)

It can't be helped, anons. Games as a service is here to stay. The current young generation has been born into a world of accepting cosmetic mictortransactions and loot boxes. Never again will you purchase a complete game.

Attached: 1555884157772.jpg (268x374, 37K)

Attached: 1524108161647.jpg (500x512, 28K)

>Morons who don't know who based Ross is
Keep it on topic you fucking mongoloids

Stop posting this balding faggot. Nobody cares.

>But there is also a big market for old games
Unfortunately is not enough to run a modern AAA company, but I'm talking about 50+ years from now, when game streaming becomes part of the daily life of a normal person.

HOLY SHIT this is the guy behind freeman's mind?
That series is one of the most unfunny bottom of the barrel garbage webseries I've ever seen in my entire life.

Literally not surprised a balding white guy was behind it. Get all the way the fuck outta here.

Attached: 1497311781768.jpg (240x240, 8K)

>shills coming out of the woodwork against a video telling you you own your property

lol they are afraid

Attached: sweating jew merchant.jpg (298x387, 24K)

More like a bunch of schizophrenic nerds sit on the weekend and jerk off over a non-issue.

>Non-issue
GAAS is an issue though

Circular Shilling tactics are still Shilling

>dunkeyfag thinks he knows what's funny
YIKES

The only argument he had to make is that Live Service games aren't fun to play

They consistently crap out unfinished, uninspired, grindfests. End of story, don't buy them.

>spacing and punctuation
>Get all the way the fuck outta here.
What dialect is this?

>LE BALD, WHITE, OTHER FEATURE LAMO xd WORLDSTAR YEET

You do not belong on this site.

This board is shit so I'm not surprised there can't be a real discussion anymore, but I'm suspicious of how shit up every thread about this video has been. There's a concerted and uniform effort to call this video shilling. If I was employed to derail a critique of my employers business model and not seem as if I'm corporate employed, that is what I would do.

Only for no life losers who can’t even get laid

Reminder that as long as games are not distributed properly I will continue getting everything for free as I have no reason not to look out for myself. YARRR

Attached: 1556235776531.png (976x658, 272K)

>it's not important that the shit you paid for is taken away
>relax
What is important then? Money is the most important thing, that's what you nose tribe people taught me

Unironically based and one of his best videos in a while. I don't know where all these corporate bootlickers are coming from. I know /pol/ sounds like the obvious answer but they do this same anti consumer shilling for SJW games too and it's also why we get daily Epic threads. What happened to this place

Based and smartpilled

Hey man, just because you don't care about it doesn't mean you can just project your nonchalant attitude on everyone else
If you want to hash out your ideas in a discussion, I'm here for you though

yeah my bad, my hairline is in tact.

i'll show myself out.

>Why are you replying to the retard doing the exact thing he is accusing you of.
>Just roll over lmao

Fuck you.

Attached: 1553815575312.gif (360x240, 1.4M)

I don't believe very old games hurt new games sale in any significant way. Then again, I don't have anything to back up this as of now.

But user le cool 3d vidya backgrounds

>MUH BIG CORP TAKEOVER!!!!!!!!!!!
If you aren't pirating in 20+19 what are you even doing

I still don't get why customers are literally fine with actually playing an entry fee for some gacha trash.
I thought the point of stupid RNG bullshit and hardcore grinds that either appealed to NEETs or forced those with money to buy in was that since the game had no other way of monetization in a way it was understandable.
Yet paid sub MMOs started putting premium shops in their games, $60 AAA releases literally became stingier with """free""" premium resources than even the most scummy of all freemium chinkshit anime gacha and entire communities call you an entitled toxic shitter when you bitch about it.
What the fuck happened?

have a free bump

Fuck off, shill.

Attached: That belongs to me, you fucking nigger.jpg (1024x707, 47K)

I fucked your mom tho.

I don't think is enough to hurt them, but is enough to make the consumer a little bit critical, see for example EA SWBattlefront, og SWB2 had a shitton of content compared to any recent Battlefront, the user wants a superior product, studios want to make easy money, and it is easier to shit a barely function product with 10% of the content, than adding 10% more on the sequel.

Nigga, I cum inside 2^5 women every fucking day for the sole purpose of procreation.
The only thing I do every day is fuck 128 women until I ejaculate inside of each of their vaginas.
It's the most blissful hell a man could ever find himself in.
They won't let me die.
Please kill me.

The amount of people flooding in to derail this topic, Yea Forums is suddenly pro EA and proDRM and against media ownership, just for these thread, is compelling anecdotal evidence in Ross's favor.

Does anyone still watch the game grumps? Whats the deal with arin and oney?

Attached: akhep8yl_by_gyroidsir_d8gha6s.jpg (350x266, 23K)

I think it's literal shills or the most braindead of shitposters. Seriously, a thread comes along discussing a vital aspect of the video games industry and the future of the consumer going forward and what happens? The thread slides.

Attached: 1548834892294.png (1087x1051, 335K)

They do, when a new game releases it has to compete with all other similar games to it, even the ones from the same franchise. For example, if a new game from an already established franchised released, why would you as a costumer buy the new instalment when you could just buy the previous game for cheaper with probably even more content (since it has had support from the developers for some time) than the new one? Of course this probably won't take away many sales but they're still potential ones that developers have to take into consideration.

>not cutting off your nose to spite your face
cringe and bluepilled

being a "consumer" is the most cucked you can get short of actually wife sharing

How can we win this war if the only thing you fags do is shitpost.
The war is lost.

Attached: 1555014258319.png (1378x732, 1.59M)

>POST YFW YOU KNOW WHO IS PAID TO SHILL AGAINST ROSS IN THIS THREAD

Attached: 59f4ac2e4d40c1be99479430e99b81001288efcb5686df95b93250c9fb86ddc9.png (465x304, 213K)

This.

>Phase 2 is to wake the law up
Holy shit has Ross always been this based?

>Shwig tweeted this fuckin video
HAHA

>all of these shill posters and useful idiots
>none of them addressing the points in the video

Attached: 1551227444608.jpg (700x507, 15K)

who?

Attached: 1556186653527.gif (429x592, 2.67M)

>Shwig
Who?

Your pirating won’t save you from games moving to streaming, fag.

Because they use additive tactics to make you feel rewarded by getting new shit, youtube.com/watch?v=7awkYKbKHik at 38:00 you can see this, it's not about playing the game, it's all about giving the player the feeling that he is the most important person in the world.
Kind related to your post.
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RjDRLBWio

>Holy shit has Ross always been this based?
He's one of the most boomer youtubers you'll find

Shills who know what they're doing know how to get brain dead shitposters posting stuff they want/ruining the threads they want. I think it's also professional shills who most often accused others of being shills as it's the quickest way to muddy the water.

This board should have word filtered "shill" a long time ago. Because we have people employed to be here pushing a narrative and the word to identify them has been coopted.

The business practice of players not having control of whether they can play a game due to a company withholding that function

You're spamming this shit 24/7 you compulsive autist, maybe if you were do diverge even a little instead of remaking the same thread and looking like a drone shill you wouldn't get this much of a backlash.

Retard.

Keep in mind, the anons who do not know ross, are also on your moms facebook friendlist. This is how they got the new micheal obama book.

Attached: 4203d699b0f1aa99da4ab0e3d721d945306195b38058820fb0aca0b68660f162.png (613x808, 284K)

It's corporate shills and retarded zoomer newfriends who think that hating on a completely reasonable person is edgy. Reddit killed Yea Forums for good, these retards spamming how ugly he is(irrelevant and not even true imo) are who we share the board with nowadays.

The dude spams it because he can’t get a thread going that isn’t just shitposting. Even this thread is just shitposting versus people trying to duscuss the topic.

Yeah, suddenly a lot of "lol this dude is ugly and gross" posts. Never seen anything like that in Ross threads before this video.

Attached: 1518764207351.jpg (750x624, 25K)

The corporate shills are so obvious that the discussion now needs to be about their presence here. Seriously even some of the insults getting thrown at him don't sound natural to Yea Forums.

>t.corporate shill

stop shilling your shit channel faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=FCeEvQ68jY8
This shit make studios and publishers look bad in the eyes of the public.
>Why this 2018 game have less features than this 2007 game ?

The only time Yea Forums cares about sources is when you attach an image of softcore porn with an attractive woman to your post

Yeah, it's weird, almost like this place is being invaded or something.

Yea Forums hasn't been about videogames for years.

>Yea Forums is suddenly pro EA and proDRM and against media ownership
holy shit you're deluded, sorry everyone's shitting on your favorite youtuber you thin-skinned faggot. Not everyone has to like this faggots videos to be against games a service dipshit.

Ross is a qt3.14 and has a polish waifu
STOP KILLING VIDEO GAMES

STOP IT STOP POSTING THIS VIDEO RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1532971384773.png (501x586, 95K)

>I've fucked almost 100 women
I call that "tuesday"

>new crowbcat video gasically just comparing game footage
>BASED
>thorough legal breakdown of one of the most hated practices in modern gaming
>SHILL SHILL SHILL

Ross is amazing.
He's not a racist. He hates Trump. and he's all about videogames.

shill hunt!

You didn’t even watch it, you don’t even like or dislike it, you just dislike the idea of a youtube video made by a person being the vehicle for an argument for some reason.

There's nothing wrong with the video, or the person who made it. The content of the video and how it relates to all who play video games is what we care about. Your sidestepping and desperation to disrupt the thread says more about you than anything else.

Because attractive womans are indeed important, maybe one user would like to know more about the attractive woman, her name and boobs size. There is no shame to it user! And who knows, maybe there are more images from her even more softcore'ish as expected.
This sould be worth everyones time! Becaue without attractive women we wouldn't make families anymore and without a family we will louse not only our traditions, we would lose humanity!

Attached: 5ca8fdb579ea727ea31f1ba81002e9c598b7f2c3893c0df9c4571adf2ab012a3.jpg (1750x1306, 1.12M)

>He hates Trump.
He never said that.

actually, he hates clintons. user. sorry.

>WAHHHH WHY CAN'T I PLAY THESE ONLINE GAMES WITHOUT PAYING FOR THEM WHEN THERE ARE NO SERVERS CAUSE NOBODY SUPPORTED THEM?
>WHY WON'T THEY JUST RELEASE THE SOURCE CODE? WAHHHHH
what a fucking crybaby bitch, holy shit.

Ross doesn't give a fuck about /pol/itics, shill

ugly onions gamer with an open mouth and neckbeard

Ross isn't against GaaS. He's against killing GaaS. His argument is that "you sold me a working game. I expect the game to be in working in perpetuity"

>without paying for them
But people paid for them and they got shut out anyway. Why do you hate yourself, you’re a consumer.

You can say faggot all you want, we can still tell how fake you are.

Still one of the best tells desu

Who are you quoting?

Why are you so fucking autistic

Who's boobs are those?

yeah and my dad works on Nintendo

>Buy toaster
>Company shuts down server
>Toaster stop working

>letting multibillion-dollar companies cuck you out of products you've already paid for
>"What a crybaby, heheh gotem"

Wake up. Stop taking it in the ass from EA.

If by comprehensive you mean intentionally padded

>Ross doesn't give a fuck about /pol/itics, shill
That's pretty based. None of his videos has those cringey memes the other faggots have.
he's old Yea Forums personified before /pol/ infected it

>buy toaster
>use toaster for years
>stops working over time
>they won't give you a full refund
yeah I know what the fuck dude where's my money I only got to use that toaster for FIVE FUCKING YEARS

Old Yea Forums was absolutely full of memes you would find cringey today.

Ah yes, intentionally padded to exactly one hour fifteen minutes fifty-four seconds. That’s the real advertising breakpoint.

agreed daddy
I love it when I pay you money then you take away my game for being a naughty little cock holster slut

>buy toaster
>use toaster for years
>stops working over time
>there are still tens of thousands of copies of the toaster you bought still available
Wow its almost like this analogy has literally nothing to do with videogames that have been forever shut down

>buy toaster
>use toaster for years
>company comes in and breaks your toaster
>sues you for copyright violation if you attempt to repair your toaster that they broke

This place has been invaded for quite some time. People in the industry use it to advertise their products quite often, and Yea Forums is an incredible easy site to manipulate, even if the people who use the site regularly think otherwise. They aren't any different than people from sites like Reddit and Twitter. In some cases, the nature of Yea Forums makes it even easier.

>stops working over time
Games don’t experience wear from use, you collossal retard, and shutting down the external server isn’t “expected wear and tear”. Why do you love corporations more than your own rights of ownership?

WAAAAAH HOW DARE COMPANIES SUPPORT GAMES WITH CONTENT AND PATCHES ITS A FRAUD

Anyone who's dumb enough to fall for clickbait videos like this need to kill themselves

How can they cuck me if i don't buy their shit. I cuck THEM you economically-deficient GAMRRs RISE

People like you are the exact reason the industry will never stop getting worse, because you corporate cocksuckers cannot control yourselves and gladly holster daddy’s dick.

Except toaster have PHYSICAL components, which deteriorate as time passes, but, with digital products I can
>Ctrl+C
>Ctrl+V
and move to a new hardware, it will works just fine.

Really shows in this video too. Like the video isn't about pushing for new legislation, or turning the issue into a soapbox about capitalism or corporate America. The scope doesn't bloat to where there isn't a solution but polemic, he defines the problem and gives the most realistic solution- enforce existing legal precedent in the right court. It's actually a real nonpartisan strategy being presented with source legal reference.

There are people willing to buy their shit in your stead, you did nothing. “Voting with your wallet” is a lie, unless you can guarantee everyone else will “vote” with you.

Watch the video, neither updates, downloadable content, patches, etc are relevant to the topic. This is about the control you have over games stored on your device. The access available to you, so to speak. Access which can be revoked or disrupted at the will of the company you supposedly bought a game from.

If you don't understand how this sets a precedent regardless of whether YOU PERSONALLY buy their products then just fuck off. This doesn't involve you. And stop demonizing consumers standing up for themselves you brainwashed ideologue.

multiplayer has been the cancer that kills the single player at least since the first mmo crisis.
normie apologists and corporate thralls gtfo

Attached: 1529852273790.jpg (416x578, 62K)

its not clickbait thats the problem, the video is fine its mostly just explaining information, its just that its being shilled here over and over again.

This isn't about planned obsolescence or digital distribution. This is about the fact that the company will actively stop you from fixing the goods you own. This is the same bullshit people are fighting for in the physical world with cellphone, printers, tractors and the like. We need better more comprehensive right to repair laws

You didn't watch the video, so fuck off you mongoloid.

>literally admitting to have no fucking clue what the decision is or what you're even talking about
based imbecile

Discussion isn't shilling. Does someone really have to write and upload a transcript of the video and put it in pastebin for us to talk about it? It's one linked video, we can handle it.

that obnoxious face makes me not want to watch his video, so I won't

Half of /vg/ is gacha trash and faggots defending it. That should tell you enough about the faggots who post here now.

Sorry, are angry emojis or clapping more your speed?

I'm never going to play gacha in my life, it's a waste of time, imagine the day they close the servers, thousands of dollar, countless hours, wasted.

Attached: 1540602262446.gif (500x281, 478K)

It is useful to have a thread like this where the shilling gets so bad it can provide a teachable moment. The weak point is definitely the average poster's smug superiority- they're ready to shit on anyone or anything if it flatters them.

I think the word shill was intentionally used and turned into a common insult to deprive the word to identify these people.

what the fuck is going on anymore, dammit?
We lost our hobby

Imagine unironically, seriously believing that there is nothing wrong with giving your goods a killswitch which can be triggered at any random time by the parent company.

Attached: 300px-LawBreakers_cover.jpg (300x330, 29K)

Deliberate corporate subversion. Consumers are too stupid to stick up for themselves ans simply not buy things that weaken their position.

Also look at how the intense shitposting died out halfway thru the thread when called out lmfao. I guess when the derail fails do retarded arguments like

>clickbait
>video is over an hour long
Time to get your eyes checked
>WAAAAAH HOW DARE COMPANIES SUPPORT GAMES WITH CONTENT AND PATCHES ITS A FRAUD
And this sentiment implies that games getting content and patches is mutually exclusive to GaaS which is not the case
The current digital distribution model already supports these facets
If your argument is this cursory, you're here only to throw your bait or you are a plastic person

I dont need to watch the video to know it's all bullshit. Companies exist to provide a product and to give us a service, I'd rather defend them for making games I care about than to let some random noname youtuber attack them for providing something useful for games.

Fuck you corporate shill. We still own Yea Forums, gamers rise up.

How much are they paying you?

>I dont need to watch the video to know it's all bullshit
Not doing yourself any favors, you could at least keep that to yourself and not counteract the worth of your own sentiment

>muh devs
Probably the most offensive pro-corporate line: pretending to care about devs. Videogames thrives as a business before this single shitty practice took hold, and in the future try shutting the fuck up before you know what you're talking about

who the fuck cares if people buy these games? There are hundreds of games releasing every week. Just play something else.

holy cringe

Attached: 1541356316514.jpg (672x787, 261K)

The law doesn't care what you *think* is a good or a service, user.

Because as long as people are willing to support it, the practice will infest more and more games you like, there is no reason for a corporate entity to not do this.

Watch the video God damn it, and if he's partnered and don't want to support him for whatever reason, download the video if you must
youtube.com/watch?v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw&t=31m51s

Attached: READ NIGGA READ.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

>460131575

Attached: 6bs0aM6M3CeMrnUYGzzu1gZnftE-1f3RD4iK4BZhM8g.jpg (475x356, 47K)

you fags can cry MUH SHIllS!!! and post your faggot ass youtubers but streaming will be the future because of the influx of normalfags that love this shit. end of story
just like with google glass back then people had an issue but with more and more people using the internet and not giving a shit, your words are silenced, welcome to the future

>I'd rather defend them for making games I care about than to let some random noname youtuber attack them
NIgger youve lost the plot, you havent understood whats being talked about at all, watch the video m8

How is a killswitch that can go off at anytime on a good you own a "good" thing?

>just lay down and take it

I don't even like Ross but he's making a great point.

Watch the fucking video you daft cunt

I think youre in the wrong thread? waht the fuck are you even talking about lol

>Companies exist to provide a product and to give us a service

Attached: 1478290896353.jpg (499x375, 85K)

no you absolute fucking idiot, companies exist to make MONEY. If they can make more money with an inferior product, they will, unless the management is unwilling to do so. McDonald's makes garbage quality food that they have optimized for maximum profit. You would not defend them when the quality of their product is being criticized, or would you?
Heck, let's look at the opposite end of the spectrum, motherfucking Mont Blanc pens nowadays have way, way more production errors than they used to because they realized people do not buy them to write with them, but to gift or own status symbols. No matter how cheap or expensive a product, if the ones in charge are not the ones making or using the product, you as a customer must expect shit to be pulled.

Attached: 1526151764560.jpg (600x718, 66K)

Someone popularizing an opinion doesn't count because they use youtube as a venue? So if a politician is on television and I want to show his point of view I'm a shill for TV? If an actor is speaking on an important issue and can reach thousands of people I can't share his speech if it's uploaded to Vimeo? What the fuck does that mean?

nice gymnastics bro
you know what the fuck i mean, but stick to your little youtubers who will never be taken seriously. :)

>I dont need to watch the video
And that's your que to go exit.

>Based retard not even watching the video.
YIKERS

This is some seriously deluded neckbeard shit. Gamers chose this direction for the industry with their wallets. Pretending like this is some conspiracy by game studios is gamers letting themselves off the hook for driving the industry in this direction.

lmao to the shills posting, I'm saving this thread as a teachable example for the next post you try to shit up. I hope your boss is reading this and see how bad you fucked up here LMFAO

let them have that future, i do not care about the "video game industry" hopefully all the oppertunists will flock to that shit and leave decent vidya alone.

hi guys welcome to the this thread. please discuss video games. we're talking about video games as a service. thank you

Attached: .jpg (498x372, 47K)

>t.corporate cocksucker

REMINDER

Attached: UNDER ONE HOUR TO A FEW DAYS OF WORK.jpg (1920x1080, 275K)

It can be both a conspiracy by studios to make things worse and ignorance on the oart of consumers, those things can happen at the same time you know.

Thank you for all the (you)'s they've made me feel better

>Gamers chose this direction for the industry with their wallets.
Maybe they live in a country where this EA shit is in clear violation of consumer law. Sounds like those gamurs chose something different and EA has fucked up.

>SHIllS
heh
>google glass
It lost a lot of prominence, to the point where articles about it point out that it's not dead (if it was alive and kicking, such articles would not need to be made, it would be self-evident)
As well, Google has a tendency to drop projects, just as Google Fiber has partly been shelved
Stadia, in my mind, will be a little foray into the technology and an attempt at popularizing and normalizing GaaS, however it will not have staying power
You're right about plebs normalizing it and being the inevitable wave of ushering in this technology
But if you have such a defeatist view of this (I don't, I believe that little discussions may ripple out into the larger, general conscious) then why make such a stink?
You came into this thread and you got mad that people had opinions?
You're not some Yea Forums landowner, this isn't a lawn you can tell us to get off of
If you believe in the inevitability of this movement yet paradoxically are working against discourse against it, I believe you have an agenda on the matter
Don't mince your words and please think before typing

Attached: 18822469.jpg (346x390, 44K)

This is probably the most boot-licking comment I have seen on this site and I've been here a very long time.
Imagine defaulting to the defense of a corporation that doesn't care about your property. Deliberate, willful ignorance is just the icing on your retardation.
I hope that I'm just being baited here.

Attached: .png (467x458, 431K)

What are you dumbfucks even talking about? The video is about a legitimate problem with legislation and you're discussing Ross' haircut or something?

Thinking corporations are involved in any kind of conspiracy screams I have never worked a real job before

If you've ever worked at a corporation, you know they look at charts and graphs, and try to figure out how to make more money

They're not trying to screw you, they're looking at data which says gamers overwhelmingly spend their money on 'games as services' and happily buy microtransactions to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Unsurprisingly, because of this they make more games as services and put more microtransactions in them.

One day, when you grow up, you'll realise this.

he is pretty cute desu

He's right that was the most boring video he has ever made, didn't even sound good in the background.

SEETHING corporate shill!

>Pretending like this is some conspiracy
Its just something that is happening man, chill the fuck out. Most people dont like whats happening and would surely like a better "deal" for consumers.
Yes people have been far too lax on devs and publishers on this topic, but dont act like some dumbass going; " YOU CHOSE THIS FUTURE NOW ENJOY IT"
makes you look like a cunt

>just vote with ur wallet bro lol
Too bad my vote is minuscule compared to some faggot whale dropping mad dosh on horse armor tier practices

Attached: 1551916474842.jpg (318x367, 18K)

about being a virgin?
Your welcome

I might look like a cunt, I'm not wrong though

>They're not trying to screw you, they're looking at data which says gamers overwhelmingly spend their money on 'games as services' and happily buy microtransactions to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.
It's not a video against microtransactions, or any monetization scheme. It's not an anti-corporate video. It is about one specific, arbitrary practice of terminating video games that are sold as products. Why are you so grossly misrepresenting such a clear and simple argument?

>spam is allegedly against the global rules
>but these retarded ross threads that pretend to be about video games that have been posted multiple times a day every day for several days now are kept up
Come on jannies, do your "job" and rangeban this faggot op

Attached: 1551437861387.jpg (720x720, 99K)

Anyone here who's for GaaS, just watch the end of the video
youtube.com/watch?v=tUAX0gnZ3Nw&t=48m13s

I think many people misunderstand what Ross says about "games as a service".
He doesn't mean that games like Fortnite should not exist, just that when they shut down they should let players host their own servers.

Yes youre right man
but at this point youre soaring so high over the conversation its hard to hear you form atop that horse

Stop pretending you care about Yea Forums

>t.corporate shill/cocksucker
Also, avatarfagging is against the rules. :)

good goy, oppose freedom of speech

but Fortnite 2

Don't bother, zoomers have been indoctrinated to believe private servers aren't real. They unironically think MP games should die whenever their publisher decides it's time to steal your product from you.

>Provide a product
>product access can be revoked at any time with no reasonable way to repair

Releasing dedicated server software is the solution, that's why Valve is one of the more tolerable video game companies.

Im not saying youre wrong man, im saying your view of things are simplistic

>retarded rossfag doesn't understand what avatarfagging is
sasuga, newfag

>this thread
Do Amerisharts like getting pegged by their corporations or something?

Attached: 7ECmXUr.jpg (1383x778, 85K)

is it, you don't say. geez wiz who would of thought.

>ross
Who?

How does one get this case to the court? Should I choose a game that fell victim to GaaS and charge the devs?

What do you think, their entire country is based on that.

yeah, at least half of them do

The only people not talking about the TOPIC OF THE VIDEO are you faggots going on and on and on about;
>"nooo this is e-celeb thread, please dont talk about this ;( ROSS IS UGLY OK PLEASE DONT LIKE. PLEASE i just love publisher dick ;("

If you want to get laughed out of court

>How does one get this case to the court?
With loads of money.

this thread has people paid to be here and say pro-corporate shit, but I think it's more like Americans are led around by the nose and can't accurately point out who's pegging their ass.

Well, the charges with HP were successful. What makes you think that?

Different user here, however I believe that something like a conspiracy and an agenda like this can the same thing, the only difference is the prominence of the office held
Sure it's not explicitly designed to make our lives worse and likely not on the minds of those making these decisions, however it can be something perceived as lessening our ownership as consumers
Regardless of original intention, the wellbeing of companies will likely not run tangent with the wellbeing of consumers who believe in ownership
If things get bad, a narrative like that one may become necessary if putting corporations in check is a necessity, otherwise we may lock ourselves into the death spiral of vile capitalism
Corporations are not people and do not have the same needs and must remember who they serve, otherwise they will act in their own interest and not considering that of others
Sometimes the consumer populace at large may not know what's best for them
However, I am open to seeing where GaaS may go and if it can improve the industry, although I am biased against it

I appreciate your concern about spam and I do agree that it's abhorrent even if for a good cause
However:
>pretend to be about video games
This is rather video game related, just at the industry level
I won't call you a bootlicker, but this is one way you may be conflated with one

You have to be 18 to post here

you don't have an argument, which makes your comment laughable

>he doesn't like getting fucked raw by his corporate masters
Anyway, what is the video about exactly, anti-DRM? This shit is 1 1/4 of an hour, I'm gunna need a tl:dr.

Live in a country where consumer protections are stronger than they are in America, and keep appealing it to higher courts until one that matters gives an opinion on it.

>Thinking corporations are involved in any kind of conspiracy screams I have never worked a real job before
Are you fucking retarded? Do you know what a cartel is? Google it

What are you talking about, retard? This thread is about certain legislative boundaries that corporations overlook. And we, as rightful clients, are supposed to point that out and fight for our violated product ownership rights.
>when you grow up, you'll realise this
Yeah, I realise that you're an idiot who has no understanding of consumer rights.

How is some neet early 20s user bringing legal action against a multi-billion dollar gaming corporation about something he agreed to in the game license not obviously laughable

someone post the flow chart; I forgot to save it.

ross has and will always be about basic consumer rights and the preservation of video games as an art medium. he doesn't want developers or corporations to not make money on what they make in fact he's not even for piracy. he just recognizes that piracy is a necessary evil in the current climate to preserve video games and to even have the option to play the ones publishers refuse to sell. to claim otherwise is misleading.

License agreements don't mean anything without the backing of the law.

He's saying if you're selling a product and revoking access to that product when you shut down servers you're breaking the law. He's saying all MP games should introduce private servers at the end of their support cycle and it should be mandated by law. He's not wrong.

>you're an idiot who has no understanding of consumer rights.
You literally have no rights in the US. In other countries, sure. In the US, good luck.

>games as a service
So this is some kinda new made up buzzword the cool kids are saying?

>video games aren't taken seriously by non-gamers
then how come video games are blamed for causing violence?

>implying his personal employment status and age matter in a court case
great "argument" retard

Basically
>buy game
>later the devs shut the servers down
>no dedicated servers software released
>this renders the game literally unplayable
There were some similar cases with hardware, like the HP printer controversy, when they released software that restricted usage of certain ink cartridges, I think, making the original functionality that was sold unusable.

lmao

>"muh devs!"
>"except when they want to unionize fuck em!"
Why are you a flipflopping bitch?

Attached: here you go.jpg (1920x1080, 235K)

Funding a court case costs money. One lawyer costs hundreds of dollars per hour. Employment status absolutely matters. No lawyer would take a case against Activision on contingency.

>there is literally no way to play this masterpiece in current year because of corporate bullshitters shutting down the servers
Literally how can you faggots justify this practice? This game is dead and nobody will ever play it again and it was fucking awesome. You won't know it though, you will never play it.

Attached: cfe904c3-886a-49f6-bf68-e5e5bdd42990_1.be96d7ebe0a23612a1df8dcb34eb4ffb.jpg (450x450, 58K)

arigato

Attached: Neckbeard.png (1280x720, 17K)

I know it had a buggy launch, but I still miss it

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 57K)