Why does everyone hate this design?

Why does everyone hate this design?

Attached: 12634817-A818-4289-B57C-7CC3006C9C7F.jpg (929x929, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xJV5ReOSjF0
youtube.com/watch?v=dMbIDe_6GYM
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jigglypuff_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wigglytuff_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They don't, you falseflagging faggot.

too fluffy

Most people I've seen are okay with it, even on this site. When it was first revealed that wasn't the case but it seems to have grown on people.

It's shit, it's creepy, it's uncanny, it's bad, it's not Pikachu

its creepy just like wooly yoshi

Looks closer to classic fat pikachu than the current canon design.

The whole movie looks like ass
cgi is still not good enough

that little nigga is fucking cute as hell

I hate how he talks, all of the cuteness in Pikachu just vanishes. Fucking hollywood

seething incel

Becase it comes from an Am*rican movie.
Sooner or later Pikachu will be black or a tranny.

Because it looks bad and creepy

Making pokemon designs look ""realistic"" =/= making them look good

Detective Pikachu also has an uncute voice in the game and it's on purpose.

Too much soul

Pikachu is like the one Pokemon that actually looks good in the film.
Oher ones like Charizard and Greninja look absolutely horrible.

Because people are too stupid to realise the film is semi-ironic.

it's going to be popular in your 3rd world country and you can't do anything to stop it

just like how all your neighbors are watching endgame right now

we own you, shitskin

>Shitty CGI
>Not good plot
>Uncanny characters

If the Pokemon were quiet, or mostly have the noises, OR EVEN BETTER, have a adventure one, do you know how much better it will be?

Attached: file.png (526x88, 65K)

Shut up bitch

Attached: 1555094848364.png (506x487, 217K)

Because it's realistic instead of just being ripped out of the anime. Let's forget the fact that a lot of effort is being put in to make these designs look like what a Pokemon might in the real world and the efforts to make the world itself look like Pokemon are an integral aspect of it. Because the Pokemon look weird to me because they don't look cartooney enough in this live action movie taking place in the Pokemon world.

Only people with broken brains are creeped out by it. Honestly it's better looking than most of the "realistic" shit that's been out for decades.

have sexual intercourse

This movie looks fun and Yea Forums contrarians hate everything as per usual.

Another moron that doesn't understand that definition. L2google idiot. Your ignorance makes you look beyond stupid since we have all the world's info in our hands 24/7

>lol we made the designs purposefully bad in our billion dollar franchise movie! It's ironic bro

Yikes!

Awful taste. All the designs are great and I'm glad they're going the direction that they are. Instead of seeing a design and thinking 'shit this looks horrifying in our art style, let's pick a cuter pokemon' they've used it anyway and it completely works. Aipom is the best example of this, adorable in the games but the toothy smile looks terrifying in this realistic art style so they've made the Aipom in the trailer really vicious.

Because it's missing the black tip on the tail. Can't believe who ever designed this shit doesn't know what a pikachu, the most iconic of all pokemon, looks like...

I thought many of the designs were spot on but I'm not a fan of Pokémon so I can't really judge

Attached: 1551201901556.png (661x556, 430K)

it is unnecessary to begin with

Are you retarded?

Although, no one played this so I don't blame you

Attached: A98P.jpg (768x680, 187K)

The brown fur is at the base of the tail you idiot.

He cute.

Congratulations. A 2019 Hollywood film based on a childrens video game is too smart for you.

Attached: 1553066073589.png (500x775, 84K)

Pikachu's tail having a black tip is a forced Mandela Effect meme.

they should've made the fur shorter, pikachu definitely does not look fluffy in anything else

The whole joke is 'haha, Pokemon wouldn't actually be that cute!'. Don't hurt yourself figuring it out.

I've literally never seen anyone say anything negative about that specific design until you.

Yes, the billion dollar franchise movie for children is trying to be extremely ironic in it's design. I'm sure all the children will appreciate it

This movie is the vidya equivalent of jump force, the gci is awfully bad

Do you honestly think they don't know the massive pull this movie will have with people in their twenties? Not to mention the parents who go with their children.

>haha pokemon pokemon would be ugly and disturbing irl

Hilarious joke lmao. What a fresh and unique take on pokemon haha I don't think anyone has even thought of that before

I agree, a Pikachu Libre movie would be cool.

Attached: Pikachu_Libre.png (1200x1200, 688K)

Voiced by Jack Black

Attached: file.png (600x338, 306K)

I'm sure the movie will make a ton of money but it'll be because of the extremely strong brand name of Pokemon not because of their designs. If it was just some no-name movie with no brand called "Monster Adventure Detective" it'd probably bomb because it looks like trash

Nobody ever has on this level though. Not to mention they've struck the perfect chord with a creepy design that's marketable to a large audience and not something you'd find in an edgy Newgrounds animation ten years a go. They're good designs.

Are Pikachu mammals? I mean, I know every Pokemon lays eggs. but where's his dick and balls?

>because it looks like trash
As far as kids movies go it honestly looks fine.

But it's a female, user

Pikachu Libre is a girl though. Look at her tail.

What's female?

i just dont like the voice they chose. i like ryan in other movies but all the cuteness just fucking vanished as soon as i heard his voice.

I think this is the least bad looking of all of the live action designs. That said, live action Pokemon is a terrible idea. Only thing worse is live action Sonic, which Hollywood is also doing for some reason beyond my comprehension.

I would be in the theater day one

Attached: 1556224709183.png (292x276, 87K)

I know Yea Forums hates this reasoning but that's on purpose, there's at least one joke about exactly that in one of the earlier trailers

Yes, and?

>Be me
>Play Saints Row 3
>Love, "I need a Hero"
>Listen for it for years
>Then this movie comes out
>Trashes the song
>Mfw

Attached: file.png (446x367, 49K)

So is Jack Black in Jumanji

How did it trash the song?

They honestly should have gotten Danny DeVito, he sounds really close to the actor from the game

>Why does everyone hate this design?
No soul

Before the movie came out, mostly it was used in movies and games as that once scene where you have to save something or someone.

Now, its been all replaced by kids saying, "WOOOW LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU WERE HERE FROM DP" and push away the real comments

It's peak soul though.

You're a faggot for linking that song to SR3 instead of Short Circuit 2 anyway.

Both are good.
We can both agree that DP is shit for using such a good song

Imagine if that snorlax actually opened his eyes.Creepy as fuck

You know the primary audience are the ones who grew up on Pokemon.

Let me spoonfeed you here: The whole premise of the film is to subvert your expectations of a talking Pikachu, the film is a surreal take on the Pokemon universe and the overly detailed designs work perfectly. The irony in all the visuals and the trailers is so on the nose I actually can't belive people are taking the film as if it's supposed to be the live action answer to I Choose You.

Attached: aipom-1551293613337_1280w.png (1280x720, 874K)

If a gardevoir shows up in this movie, I predict they're going to go with the joke about how "she's hot" and then immediately reveal it's a male. Probably ham the scene up by making it have a drag queen persona, too.

I don't know about that, if they used monster designs that aren't Pokemon they'd need to get into worldbuilding explaining why there are monsters in the city and why that's significant. I'd take a well-developed fantasy world like that any day.

Vidya related but after ther movie was announced I started bullshitting with a Pikachu team online and I'm appalled by how much it works. In particular how many people are willing to take the obvious bait of zapping Pelipper with an electric something, just for Pikachu to switch in and boost up with Lightning Rod, get Encore'd, and have half their team wiped. It also reminded me that these games are fun sometimes and if Game Freak could balance worth a damn it would be close to the perfect jrpg

Attached: 1548543935009.png (500x483, 326K)

>stupid westerns start giving their opinions

Attached: im american btw.png (390x429, 18K)

That's what makes it work, though.

Everything else is something between ugly and creepy but Pikachu has me sold.

I love the people still crying that these Pocket MONSTERS look weird and creepy, as they should.

So you're saying the song is ruined because you got triggered by some youtube comments for a live-action adaptation of an anime for children?

Who hit you, user?

No, we can't, autismo.

Pikachu looks fine but many Pokémon look like creepy edgy caricatures you'd find on deviantart when looking under "realistic Pokémon"

The real crime here is that they are picking a big cartoons franchises like Pokémon and are turning it into a talking animal movie

Pokémon isn't Garfield,air buddy or doctor Dolittle, Pokémon is Pokémon

Attached: 425.garfield.cm.6310.jpg (425x315, 26K)

Pikachu with a deep voice makes me feel funny in my pants.

Attached: Tenma.jpg (411x353, 79K)

>Pokémon look like creepy edgy caricatures you'd find on deviantart when looking under "realistic Pokémon"
Should we tell him?

Attached: Freaky-Realistic-Pokemon-pokemon-33417932-4200-3420.jpg (4200x3420, 1.71M)

The fur should be kept short and not all over the place. Eyes should be a little more closer despite the design.

Attached: 1342636582432.gif (180x280, 213K)

>the song is ruined because of youtube comments
>actually reading youtube comments

Attached: infiniteutubecomments.jpg (1496x736, 343K)

Attached: real shit.png (395x235, 90K)

It's like you non-Pokemon-playing faggots never read the Pokedex entries from the fucking gamwes.

It's just a question, user.

and geralt's horse was a female but that didn't stop them

>waaaa waaaa why aren't they exactly like in the anime with no details and flat colors with wingding eyes when they faint and really big eyes and mouths when they get scared?!

You people embarrass me by association.

Attached: 3344mJj.jpg (1920x796, 137K)

design is alright but the voice acting choice was done by a 5 year old
>HAHA IS LIKE DEADPOOL BUT HE CUTE SO IT FUNNY

That's how it is in the Detective Pikachu game.
At least pretend you play video games.

If I did that I couldn't complain about anything.

>take something popular
>this time its pikachu
>make it a shitty family movie so people who aren't into pokemon can get into the movie
>add a bunch of basic ass references for the fan boys

this movie is literally on the same level as live action smurf, chimpmunks, garfield, woody woodpecker, etc.

kill yourself

The live action Chipmunks movie was good though.

It's Pikachu.

Attached: 1505842319849.jpg (500x449, 46K)

fucking rip dude

what did they even change in infinite?

The movie has yet to appear that cynical towards its source material.

Never figured Pikachu to be hairy.

Did you think he had skin like a rhino or something?

Because the west is at it again with making everything too fucking realistic.
Pikachu doesn't have fucking brown irises. He doesn't even have fucking irises period so why fucking give him those?

>make it a shitty family movie
As opposed to what? You want a Friday the 13th Pokemon, or a World War Z Pokemon? I do not understand this crying about "making it a family movie" in regards to this E-for-everyone game series.
>add a bunch of basic ass references for the fan boys
So having appearances by various Pokemon in a Pokemon movie and mentions of various Pokemon regions in a Pokemon movie is something to shit ourselves in retard rage over?

I haven't thought too hard about it but maybe skin more like a synthetic fabric? I mean they're not really animals.

Mice are not that fluffy and the human facial expressions make it uncanny and creepy as fuck

user.....the designs ARE from deveint art. The guy who does those hyper realiatic drawings of Pokemon got hired to make the character designs.

The designs in the movie grew on me. I was unsure at first but I really like most of the ones we have seen. Greyninja looks bad but he is a shitty pokemon for naruto loving zoomers anyways.

I love the design. It's the recoloring of the MC that kills the movie, like a negaShiny.

>mouse pokemon
>mice have fur
>"WHY DOES PIKACHU HAVE FUR THE GAMES AND ANIME CLEARLY SHOW IT'S MADE OF RUBBER LIKE ALL OTHER POKEMON!!"

>Whomst be thy quotest?

Trying to go for a straight adaptation of the mainline games would be an almost-guaranteed failure. Hollywood needs to start with what they know, and they know buddy cop movies.

Figured he had the fur of a mouse since that what he is which is very fine. Rodents aren't furry like a cat.

Pikachu is tim’s Dad trapped in his former partner’s body.

>All the designs are great
Someone that eats up hollywood trash can not dictate taste

You and everyone else who's thrown bitchfits over the fact a mouse has fur.

Pikachu isn't a mouse though.

Attached: LCRefresh_Hero_ARFEAT-CaringForYourGuineaPig-20160818.jpg (300x400, 31K)

I’ve yet to see a single person say they don’t like this design

>not fucking Shrek 2
You should both be ashamed of yourself.

He's an electric mouse pokemon

>user says hes a mouse
>retard posts a gerbil

Attached: KIRBY.jpg (256x256, 34K)

Attached: 7HcQL.jpg (600x315, 31K)

>user says "Rodents aren't furry like a cat"
>post a rodent that's furry like a cat
>another user is too stupid to figure out what the reply was to and shows his dipshit brainpower

Seeing him in the movie made me want to try using him in the games, and now I have a new awesome bro Pokemon. Thank you, DP.

Attached: IKZzFwK.jpg (1920x796, 63K)

I'm amazed by the amount of people fooling themselves into thinking this garbage looks like a good movie.

>waaaa waaaaa!
>>>reddit

Based Detective Pikachu actually giving attention to Pokémon that are either Gen 1 or the latest gen.

it looks like a cheap chinese bootleg plush. typical soulless garbage from nu-hollywood.

Attached: liveactionsoulsoulless.png (1571x1069, 1.58M)

>everything is reddit! I eat sleep and breathe reddit so I know what is reddit!

Aren’t*
I’m brain

The deceipt is simple, mate.
It's a movie version of a 3DS game. Released at a time when 3DS was already in steep decline in the west.

As such, most people don't realise it is a straight video game adaptation (and not just a movie based on a video game IP).

(((Hollywood)))

They fuck everything up, fanmade movies are best.

Attached: 1541718078425.jpg (770x652, 117K)

He's first and foremost a pokemon. Mice don't shoot lightning, walk on two feet or say their own name so why would his surface have to conform with that of mice?

I think he's cute as fuck and I'm not even a furfag.

>looses

Attached: 1532868723815.jpg (525x633, 28K)

Come on, fag, you can fit more mindless buzzwords into that word salad, try harder next time.

Reminder
>ywn pet a Mew

Why didnt they go full Roger Rabbit and use 2D Pokemon from the anime?

Looks pretty cute.

I'm not okay, but it is their choice, so what can I do? I definitely ain't watching it, the live action premise turns me off.

>Come on, people, ignore what the people who made the franchise say and listen to only me, I have problems with this so my complaints are facts and law while the creators' words are fartdookie

That requires enough people with talent who are actually alive in the western industry. I'm an amateur artist and I can promise you that I'm still a better artist than a Cal-Arts grad.

>Oldfags: Tell its shit
>Newfags: Says it's amazing

Attached: 1551226083987.jpg (1000x1192, 141K)

Are you illiterate?

When this movie ends up good you’ll be the guy saying it’s bad because anything widely liked must be garbage.

I'm glad they did it for that game. Hell if they did it of the mainline pokemon game it would have sucked. Hell if the movie does well, we might get more Detective pikachu movies

>waaaa waaaa why are you mad that hollywood made your favorite pokemon look like "gritty, realistic" shit?! consume product, don't ask questions, get excited for next product!

Attached: torterra.png (1168x1003, 433K)

seething autism right here

Attached: 1556062158556.gif (400x373, 1.86M)

Because that doesn't work outside of WFRR's premise, which is "Toons live in their own separate world but come to the human world to work their job". DP is the Pokemon world in real life, everything is supposed to look like it belongs together.

It's a "mouse pokemon" because he looks kinda mousy, not because he's a literal mouse. And in all media until this memey film he looks smooth and not as all fluffy. If anyone's headcanoning it's you furfags.

>Oldfags: use new memes
>newfags: use pepe and browse reddit because Trump hates blacks

I don't hate pikachu's design because he still looks cute
I HATE the others pokemon design's because they DON'T look cute.
Being named POCKET MONSTERS doesn't mean they have to look like UGLY MONSTERS. FUCKING J-WORD

This but unironically. Torterra looks great.

why couldn't they at least make the pokemon look like pic related instead of trying to force them to look like "gritty realistic" animals?

Attached: cgipokemon.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

I just think pikachu might be better with shorter, more svelte hair. It can poof out when he's angry or something. Think like a cat.

It's so hilarious watching Yea Forumsirgins flail and scream like this about absolutely everything these days. I guarantee that if this movie did everything they demanded they'd still trash it for some other reasons.

Because that's still too cartoony for the type of world they wanted.

They want everything to be disney these days.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind or particularly care about the film design. Just saying that I never figured Pikachu to be fluffy and I really don't see why anyone would.

Trump rally tonight, you watching?

>holy fuck why did they put scales on a fish Pokemon they don't have scales in the games and anime they're totally smooth and shiny like rubber fuck my life!

Attached: LZDRRLD.jpg (1920x796, 98K)

The design is terrible.

Because Pokemon are actual creatures, not cartoons from Roger Rabbit.

they're pokemon. they're supposed to be "cartoony." that's why they were designed the way they were in the first place instead of going for monster hunter's aesthetic.

They should’ve just done roger rabbit with them just being the cartoons

fpbp ryan reynolds is fucking cute

You're the one autistic enough to think I actually give a shit about this movie. I haven't played Pokemon since gen 4, and have no reason to go back because it's a shitty series. I just called you autistic because you're flailing around like a chicken with it's head cut off about some Hollywood crap.

The opposite actually, also
>chinkshit

Wonder if I should play the game before the movie or something. Is it too long?

>Because Pokemon are actual creatures, not cartoons from Roger Rabbit.

Attached: 65879479845769467.png (300x256, 99K)

>look at this when did Charmander ever have scales in any other media this is absolutely wrong and disgraceful why do people ruin everything?!

Attached: lEXhFcB.jpg (1920x796, 41K)

It was originally an ecosystem style game (more like the original Bioshock or SS2) where you can use a variety of methods to get through an area. They changed it to a corridor set-piece shooter with dual weapons and bullet sponge enemies.

I like it. Very fuckable.

>walk on two feet or say their own name

The former is one of the foremost cartoon mouse tropes. Whether it's Jerry or Transformice.
The latter is true in Japanese. The Pokemon got that trait from regular animals, which do indeed repeat their "names" as a form of onomatopeic spelling of their real sounds.

Still don't know who you're quoting, but if you tone down the dramatics a bit I guess I could agree with the sentiment. Pokemon always looked a bit synthetic and I don't see why that's a problem. By all means, enjoy this film and its style, I probably will, but canonical Pokemon still look like they always did.

I’m literally more excited more this ,movie than GoT or the marvel thing

oh the irony

Are you retarded? In the Pokemon universe, Pokemon are real creatures.

I wanna put my dick in there

>I don't give a shit which is why I'm here giving a shit
If you have nothing to add then leave.

The cartoon aesthetics don't fit what the people making the movie had in mind. Nintendo and Gamefreak are happy with it, so why does it bother you people so much?

It looks like the charmander could use some cleaning up.

They’re sort of going for that already. It’s part of why this is palatable to mainstream audiences at all. The designs are still proportionally cartoony, just with more tangible looking textures.

Now we're doing the "muh canon!" nonsense? Christ.

>f you have nothing to add then leave.
Make me, bitch.

Watch the video for yourself
youtu.be/xJV5ReOSjF0

You must be a real hoot at parties.

I'm just making an assessment based on the overwhelming majority of evidence from the anime, the games and all media leading up to this I don't see what's controversial about assuming pokemon look like they have always been presented.

youtube.com/watch?v=dMbIDe_6GYM

This is now a new official pokégirl, say something nice about her

Attached: D45n0l5UYAARhOb.jpg (900x1200, 255K)

god i hate that youtube channel

Repeating for the stupid people:
The whole premise of the film is to subvert your expectations of a talking Pikachu, the film is a surreal take on the Pokemon universe and the overly detailed designs work perfectly. The irony in all the visuals and the trailers is so on the nose I actually can't belive people are taking the film as if it's supposed to be the live action answer to I Choose You.

Attached: 1526071236874.jpg (481x329, 12K)

the pokemon universe is not the real world, so it doesn't have to abide by real-world rules. case in point: the most recent game prominently featured wormholes that allow people to travel to alternate dimensions.
there is no reason to make pokemon look gritty and realistic other than to hype the nu-males up by "subverting their expectations."

You have no idea. Bitches can't control themselves when I dab on autists.

>a Pokemon is an unholy fusion of a lily pad, a swamp cabbage, a Kappa, and a Mexican
>people lose their minds in rage when this mainly-plant beast has plant fibers on its body

Attached: 7pU3xNY.jpg (1920x796, 66K)

That's the joke you idiot

>The cartoon aesthetics don't fit what the people making the movie had in mind.
what the people making the movie had in mind is shit.
>Nintendo and Gamefreak are happy with it, so why does it bother you people so much?
nintendo and game freak are also happy with xy, oras, sm, usum and lgpe. should we all be happy with those too?

They haven't touch lucario yet, right?

Yes, because those media opt for making everything look extremely simplistic, then they can never be shown as anything else. Never mind that the Pokedex in the games mentions things like Jigglypuff's fur, what real animals a lot of Pokemon are based on, etc.

All I hear from your whiny bitch ass is "Why isn't this movie exactly like the twenty other anime movies!?".

no Lucario yet

he cute

Attached: cutiecolo.jpg (635x475, 33K)

>Never mind that the Pokedex in the games mentions things like Jigglypuff's fur
the pokedex has never once mentioned jigglypuff having fur in any of the games.
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jigglypuff_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries_2

nature is ridiculous

Attached: Cockatiel-800x450.jpg (800x450, 27K)

Attached: 1cddb0f2d002cd2cff89ce929f4bd9be06b66424_hq.jpg (676x822, 38K)

Who knows

>no DP trailer during Endgame previews
This shit is going to flop. Marvel sucked all of the hype for the next two weeks. Then Aladdin comes right after.

Attached: tfw.png (1196x358, 703K)

>he

I think we need Porygon to cleanse this filth

Attached: 1546568553449.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Wigglytuff's does.
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wigglytuff_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries
So Jigglypuff has fur as well.

>So Jigglypuff has fur as well.
not necessarily, and wigglytuff's fur is described as "very fine." does jigglypuff's fur in the movie look "very fine" to you?

I think what all you raging babies need is a hug.

Attached: daaaawwwww.png (1485x618, 1.43M)

You think that curved tuft on its forehead is a flap of flesh?

No other Pokémon talks and it's based off of the vídeo game where Pikachu talks.

because your mother will die in her sleep tonight

Why do you assume pokemon are made of flesh?

I agree with a couple of the Pokemon not making the transition properly, but Greninja looks fantastic from what we've seen so far, though.

Attached: LooksGood.png (1153x630, 573K)

Notice how in the game the trainer isn’t black.
The franchise is ruined. Pokémon got BLACKED

>wigglytuff's fur is described as "very fine."
>does jigglypuff's fur in the movie look "very fine" to you?
No, because Jigglypuff is not Wigglytuff.
The Pokedex also says Sluma/Macargo is hotter than the sun.

I still find it hilarious that people are upset over a frog having slimy frog skin.

The ones on the left are plastic toys.

The ones on the right are actual animals

Pokemon aren't animals.

And it is.

>implying a jigglypuff at some random dive would have exemplary hair

Then why doesn't the very earth under it vaporize?

>they're Pokemon, they're supposed to be cartoony

No, they're supposed to be fantastical stand ins for real animals. I'm glad that DP is oresebting a living, breathing world as opposed to one filled with anime characters

I don't.
Charizard, however, is horrendous.
They turned my big-belly's husbando dragon into a random lizard with skin disease.

My only question is why the fuck some of the pokemon models look great, while other ones go with the "hyper realistic nightmare fuel" look

I don't get it

glad we've established that citing the pokedex to justify these awful redesigns is retarded, then.
the ones on the left are fantasy monsters that respect the source material and don't look like shit.
the ones on the right are fantasy monsters that miss the point of the original source material, try too hard to look like realistic animals, and are ugly as fuck.

If you play Pokémon you’re a cuck

This unironically looks cool as fuck

seething incel

You think this movie isn't in literally every single person's mind?

Who the fuck is "everyone", you gigantic shiteater?

>thinking people will give a shit about "shitty live action disney remake #12"

lol

the same nu-males going to see detective pikachu "ironically" will also go see aladdin and sonic "ironically."

Smug little shit needs some 12ga rhinoplasty

I like it. Looks like something from Chrono Cross.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

You'd reject any reasoning as retarded.

>you're not allowed to do anything in any ways except what I personally deem acceptable

Pangoro was even more of a monster when Power-Up Punch was available as a TM. He was my favorite Pokemon in Gen 6.

>CRASHING ARTSTYLES GOOD
>CONSINSTING ARTSTYLE BAD

Fuck you i hate you and this fucking mentality

>the ones on the left are fantasy monsters that respect the source material and don't look like shit

Yeah, but it would fuck the overall artstyle.

It would be the equivalent of making the humans cartoonish and the monsters real

YOU FUCKING BRAILET PIECE DISGUSTING LEAF COCK SUCKER

its all realistic or all cartoonish

NO MIDDLE GROUND

Attached: 1555552789586.jpg (1078x949, 31K)

>graphical artists have been doing "realistic" pokemon images for years
>it always ended up being hailed as creepy and get viral'd through memes
>hollywood still tried to do it anyways
>"wtf why are people calling them creepy"

i have yet to see any reason to defend these redesigns that isn't retarded.
who are you quoting? hollywood is allowed to make ugly movies, and i'm allowed to call them ugly.

You've already shown that you'll reject everything against your opinions because "muh true to the source!" and "muh these other movies do it the way I like!".

Don't tire yourself out building those strawmen.

>Pokemon
>Pocket Monster
>mon·ster
/ˈmänstər/
noun: monster;
1. an imaginary creature that is typically large, ugly, and frightening.

>AAAAH WHY ARE THEY SO CREEPY

CGI "live action" torterra looks amazing. Glad they did my bro justice.

Are you being willfully ignorant to aid in a shitpost?

Because Reddit Reynolds

>CGI pokemon movie with Ryan Reynolds as voice of Pikachu (no idea how that's a fit) and a mutt character put in for diversity

Only retards will see this movie

But this doesn't look like what the movie would do at all.
If Dragonite was in the movie, it would still probably be Dragonite's design and figure, but more additional features that would make it seem more realistic. This design literally changed everything about Dragonite.

I’d watch it

And? It still looks bad

While there’s a lot of mix views on the designs, we can all agree Golurk is the best looking mon in the movie so far right?

Attached: 2D4F8A88-E211-42F1-B61F-DBAD2834893A.jpg (220x269, 13K)

He is not that hard to make a realistic version of him, but still it looks rad

We understand, you're angry, go away

Just fuck this garbage and go watch the power of us. Best pokemon movie made in years

My poor amigo ludicolo

>go watch the exact same movie we've seen 20 times before

Because Hollyjew ruins everything it touches

This movie along with the youtube series are the best thing that happened to Pokemon franchise in years. Even if the movie flop(i hope it doesnt though, the trailers look fun) it would still be better than the retarded nuPokemon Gens and their anime adaptations

congratulations, you literally flew right past the point

NAAACHHOOOOOOO