ITT: soulless art styles

ITT: soulless art styles

Attached: 1556121749235m.jpg (840x1024, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jWZrJAGKk&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=A3jWZrJAGKk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>FEshitters at it again

To be really fair and honest, the artwork shown on the scans are really questionable. A few looks really good while others i rather burn.

>It was drawn by a fujoshi so it's shit
It's still better than Awakening/Fates.

Why does it feel they always left the black guy as the third wheel?

Echos has the best art. Change my mind.

It looks so fucking boring. Watch the game be great, but it sells like shit so Nintendo completely ignores its existence instead of listening to people's actual complaints.

For the first time in history the ingame models look better than the still art.

Attached: 1550115244560.webm (720x404, 2.55M)

This is actually pretty passable. Has some depth, shading and texture to it at least I think those are the terms lol
The ingame stuff however is the most sterile shit I've ever seen, looks like it was generated with some "make your own anime character" program or something, just random facial features thrown together with no thought put into it

Character art looks good. It's the ingame art that looks bad. Not that the shitposters that spam these threads constantly day in day out care.

But it does have the best art, no question. I can't believe they haven't brought back that artist and we have this fujoshit instead.

He's the real hero, Golden Deer is the populist/working class house. Despite being nobility Claude is humble and most of this closest friends are commoners.

Yellow is always a third wheel to red and blue.

Soulless artsyle ruined one of the best girls in the series.

Attached: IMG_20190425_171901_thumb.png (404x404, 171K)

>Character art looks good

"No."

Attached: 1013px-FETH_Byleth_f_02.png (1013x900, 527K)

So
>Black Eagles: Imperials with Axes and Magic
>Blue Lions: Mostly knights with spears
>Golden Deer: Mostly commoners with bows

The official character renders are alright. It's the in-game ones that are complete ass. I just hope they don't pull a fates where they only do artwork for the main cast. As polarizing as Awakening was I did like how each character had an official render.

Attached: Artwork_Byleth_M.png (1920x1743, 1.19M)

I was expecting shitposting but OP is right. They're souless af.

Man, they really want me to play as male Byleth, don't they?

So what lasses are you gonna make. I'm hoping to make a fist flying unit. I'm also hoping you can pick that type of flying mount to use

his design so good

He looks unironically cool imo. FemByleth looks like an afterthought, even with the hot stockings her design is too much of a mess for me to be interested

>lasses
Jesus Christ. Meant Classes

Strange for the MC to have the biggest breats in the cast.

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jWZrJAGKk&feature=youtu.be
This loli baba is cute and funny!

*breasts

I forgot if they confirmed whether Byleth has dialogue or is a silent protagonist.

I don’t get the drama over this, I think the art looks perfectly adequate.
I never played FE

they all look like rogue galaxy renders

they have to be spending under 20 mil for this

Attached: adfdf7c9118ce23cd6e0a7e471a3a735.jpg (700x840, 126K)

So far seems silent, you likely communicate through dialogue choices.

>cute and funny
Can someone explain this dumb meme?

If I don't get the option to pat her head blood will flow.

Blunder and honest to God this Anna doesn't look like she's from a Fire Emblem game at all. Just not at all. Never hire an otome artist to do your game, Nintendo.

Eat shit Three House faggot. This game's the laughingstock of Nintendo's lineup in 2019, Fallout 76 tier and Andomeda disaster animations.

Attached: Just fuck up my franchise 3 houses otome edition.png (803x650, 478K)

Love the "kinda edgy but not really" look, figues an otome artist knows how to design men at least

Jesus fuck, is it just me or do they look like Attack on Titan characters? I think its the eyes.

C-ute and f-UNNY
Cunny
Little girl's vagina

She'll be the one patting your head, not the other way around.

Attached: pathetic.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

Awakening and Fates had the best artist who's capable of some really fantastic designs, but was wasted on the most generic fantasy tripe.

Attached: NMH2 Cover.jpg (846x1200, 237K)

A lot of modern Nintendo games have this problem. Especially stuff like the Mario games.

Attached: new-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-switch-wallpaper-4.jpg (1920x1080, 386K)

You zoomers are so assblasted by anything, it's a different art but is by no means a bad one. When Awakening came out there was also an outcry about the art "not being muh FE" and now everyone treat like it's the series gospel or something.

Kozaki recently did amazing art for Fire Emblem Heroes.

Attached: 60f.jpg (2896x4096, 2.07M)

>comparing Fire Emblem's art style to Mario
go away retard.

Damn, Fire Emblem looks like THIS?!

Attached: 1550210189237.jpg (281x266, 49K)

Only if you're into death metal goo skeletons.

Reminds me of FF Type-0. I like Type-0.

Figures an unironic pedo meme is this shitty and forced

They all look so bad. Disappointing.

I don't get why people get so triggered over her stockings.

It's poorly rendered in-game because Nintendo and aliasing

I want to fuck a jello skeleton!

not by much

Why would you even want to self insert as the cumslut rather than being the alpha male yourself?

In the case of Fates, Corrin was such an insufferable retard that having them be a cute girl was the only acceptable option. Male Corrin also looked like shit.
Now it's the opposite of that.

However, a feMC playthrough will be in order if you can seduce your students.

Any idea if they've dropped the customization? Having to spend three hours in the editor has always been dreadful for me.

Not yet. Seems less likely by the minute with each new screenshot and trailer having the default MCs looks.

We've seen Byleth in an anime cutscene so probably not

They have Byleth appear in the pre-rendered cutscenes with the face visible (and different variations for male and female), so it's almost certain there'll be no customization.

No chance, mary sue self inserts are the name of the game now

Edelgard WILL be my WAIFU

I don't get what's "soulless" about this.

Get some fucking taste and your mind will change

They are assymetric

The eyes and the unexpressive faces are really unsettling. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Attached: 1539590989030.png (405x344, 9K)

I honestly believe the artwork featured in the recent scans look genuinely passable. It’s the in game models and portraits that look insufferable. That said, it’s amazing how awful Fem Byleth looks. Considering they did a pretty good job on both Robins and both Kamui, it’s upsetting.

It’s not really like that. Each house/kingdom has students with a variety of weapon types. It’s only the house leaders and the protag that have special preferred weapons.
On top of that though, they’ve redone things a bit where each class can learn a whole slew of different weapons. Like a Mage with access to Bows, Lances, and Tomes. Just as a guess though, it’s probably offset by placing caps on each weapon type. Like a Mage can go up to Rank A with his Tomes, but just Rank C with his Bows, and only Rank D with his Polearms.

Calm down you shit eating Awakeningbabby. Anna looks closer to FE1 and Awakening was a bad game

they look bad

How soulless and dead-on-the-inside do you want your eyes to be in Three Houses famalam?

Attached: 1556208600916.jpg (920x1676, 893K)

Sorry, user. I'm already married to her.

Pretty much any game that strives for realism. It's the epitome of soulless because they're just copying reality. Hell most of the time they just scan in textures and items anyway

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

*Ahem*

Fuck Fire Emblem and every fag who plays them.

Attached: 1543195526420.png (3000x3000, 945K)

Patterned ones are objectively inferior and distracting for all the wrong reasons.

Jesus, everyone else has varied expressions but the leaders.

>Loli Dagda
I wouldn't be surprised if she is the one who resurrects your units in casual mode

Attached: 1556379454510.png (580x444, 24K)

This design is legit 10/10, he even looks like a badass bancho, Vastly better than anything from Awakening/Fates, yet every other design/face is fucking garbage and worse. What the fuck

That's a screenshot of The Last of Us and the size is 720p. That means its the PS3 version. That image of a PS3 game (2006 console tech) looks way better than anything in FE3Houses (2017 console tech) TBQH.

Attached: 1556320545283.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

Huh, the designs for the Blue Lions group aren't too bad. Better than the other groups, at least.

She's the one bringing back Mila's cancerwheel in

It doesn't unless you like sameface

Is it me or the ground textures look better in Fates, a 3DS game?

Okay?
It's actually a screenshot from Google of the remastered version but sure it's the ps3 version if you want it to be.
That said it still lacks any kind of real effort or unique design aka soul.

is this game going to have the waifu shit because it seems odd if your character is going to be a teacher and all companions students

what really bothers me is that the full body images in that picture look like they are in-game renders that are made to look like a drawn picture so it has this bizzare look

They showed a heart appearing next to the icon of a student as you tutor her, so yeah, all signs are pointing towards you being able to fuck them.

His armor designs for the generic units in Fates were incredible.

This guy is just obsessed with 3H visuals

>Long awaited console FE, first one in 12 years
>UI, environment, character design, textures all look like shit

Attached: 1555256254043.png (600x979, 185K)

Par for course with FE

You never know what you have until its gone

Attached: 1525336150641.png (256x256, 63K)

>black eagles
germans
>blue lions
russians
>golden deer
???

>tfw wasn’t really a fan of Blue Lions and already dislike Dimitri
>but it has the highest number of students that appeal to me
This is horseshit. Anyways I hope Sothis is a playable unit because I like her design and she’s probably a really powerful manakete. But chances are she’s just an NPC, which would probably make more sense anyways

Attached: F1DF4D86-A280-48ED-9983-B4F6530BFCC2.jpg (820x740, 137K)

as someone who hates jagged edges these screenshots almost give me a stroke

frogs

Figures retards that need to be spoonfed don't understand board culture.
Fuck off to where you came from

Gay parade

It's actually quite amazing how bad FE looks nowadays, like astoundingly bad. Each entry is worse than the previous one.

>His right feet doesn't even touch the ground
Jesus, i feel bad for FEfags

Yes, your awful meme is epic board culture and everyone who isn't aware of 100% of whatever shitty meme is in circulation right now need to fr*ck OFF

Fire Emblem was never good.
Pokemon was never good.
The sooner you accept this and move on the better.

It was great especially when compared to the armor designs of Kakusei

Attached: Generic_portrait_great_knight_fe13.png (246x231, 59K)

She's unlikely to be playable since she exists in Byleth's head and talks telepathically. I suppose it's possible for her to get a physical form later but it doesn't look like she'll be playable to me.

lol

Attached: Generic_portrait_knight_risen_fe13.png (219x235, 43K)

Looks like it'll be Blue Lions all the way for me.

yeah i don't have a mental illness so i'll pass on caring about that retarded piece of """"board culture""""

Attached: 1551448608934.gif (400x296, 443K)

Wasn't this because of some really weird "medieval futurism" direction they wanted to go for that nobody actually got from it?

She's related to your sword and probably uses that as a conduit to talk to you from her sealed location.

This reminds me of that awful LoGH remake with everyone turned into some variant of fujoshit trash.

>game comes out in 90 days
>all we have seen is 1 trailer
what gives?

to compare
if they really wanted to make futurism in high fantasy alongside magic, my already low esteem went even further down

Attached: Generic_portrait_great_knight_fe14.png (241x254, 52K)

Is it just me or does the little dragon girl look like a younger version of the green haired church woman?

nintendo marketing at its finest or IS is incompetent

Knights still look stupid but it's not as bad

Attached: Generic_portrait_knight_fe14.png (232x246, 56K)

HURP DERP

Good to know that they're keeping the tradition strong.

Attached: 54877_2_46_mid.jpg (540x398, 24K)

we are reaching final fantasy levels of exorbitant character design

Attached: eh03wvgtzeg21.jpg (800x450, 103K)

Let's hope it's getting delayed.

Attached: Rex.jpg (331x600, 53K)

>there are people that defend this

Attached: 1556292638994.jpg (540x720, 178K)

They've brainwashed themselves.

no doubt based as fuck

>guy is a salvage diver
>his outfit is fashioned after old-timey diving outfits that actually existed
What's wrong with it?

More like fujo artstyle, they really wanted the gay crowd, I'm not sure this really helps them get fags or not

>telling character design
>anywhere near as bad as this actually randomly generated dog shit
you can dislike Tellius you want, but at least it’s units didn’t look pieces together in a program

Attached: 715737DA-CAA7-4A75-8DC2-89AE3C9880F4.jpg (586x439, 224K)

Isn't this more like Otome artwork than gay artwork.
Even yaoi has more visual distinction now a days.

Attached: '''males'''.jpg (1024x576, 191K)

It has soul but it looks stupid

I remember a few threads ago that Three houses would be the first fire emblem in a while to undersell its expectations, maybe even fail, and i was called a dumb dumb fuckhead.
but now that it seems like only the most diehard of IS boot lickers is still intrigued by this rushed piece of shit, how much will it sell Yea Forums?

Attached: 7D9CC40E-A602-4672-8DE7-67D7B5918D09.png (1334x750, 3.29M)

what's better then queer

I have no idea how I managed to miss all that info, thanks! If that’s the case, it’s good to know she’ll be along for the journey in some way. Also why do I have a feeling that she’s going to make some heroic sacrifice at the end of the game to unlock Byleth/Byleth’s Sword’s true power against the final boss, after learning the aforementioned new info. :/

Attached: E73A8BC5-32FA-447E-BA4F-1BE854358960.jpg (850x907, 151K)

You're right but you're also ignoring everything that looks bad about it for the sake of argument

Missing Hilda's (slightly) updated art.

Attached: 1555272477404.jpg (4103x2999, 1.11M)

Attached: news-190215_trial-img.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

It's the same texture that doesn't have the benefit of being on the 3DS.

FE hasnt had soul since the gamecube

I haven't been paying attention to it. Give me a quick rundown on why it's shit so I can save my money.

Not shit art

Of course a bottom of the barrel fujo would think that waifu can only be hot if she has big tits, I bet Femleth won't even have a tenth of fanart created for FRobin and Femui. If Isis wanted a good fujo appeal artist that can pander to waifufags they should hae pick the Black Butler artist.

Attached: Black Butler girls.png (1810x1282, 3.73M)

Edelgard puts up a pompous air but she has trouble acting when needed (see how she had to be saved from a simple bandit)

Dimitri's chivalry is a front because his bloodline is evil. He's trying to cleanse the corruption without falling to it.

Claude acts like carefree but that is just to hide the true emptiness in his heart.

not him btw
it would be ugly for a PS2 game, most people dont like the artstyle and designs and dislike the fantasy school setting
I currently can't give a single shit because we've been given almost no info about the fucking GAMEPLAY outside of weapons, their ranks and the class/promotion system

that church of seiros woman looks ominous as fuck

It looks good when it's closed, the open design is weird.
But his Master Driver armor is better, no doubt.

Those desings look so fucking bad, what the fuck.
Post SOUL instead.

Attached: Fe5box.jpg (426x234, 28K)

New bad, old good, amarite

Echoes' art style was new and everyone loved that, shut the fuck up

Only retards with shit taste

Attached: Cecil.png (200x347, 71K)

Definitely. Fateswakening had trash designs too, with a couple of good ones here and there.
Imagine the anger of incels when they found out it's a woman who's designing this time.

get yaoishit out of my FE

youtube.com/watch?v=A3jWZrJAGKk

Attached: Sothis.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

What game is this? Asking for a friend.

>Imagine the anger of incels when they found out it's a woman who's designing this time.
no one gives a fuck considering women designers exist in nip shit all the time

it being a girl isnt the problem

shes a yaoifag

If you're trying to analyse the cast, Cipher gave us what looks like snippets of a conversation.
>Edelgard: "A wise ruler shouldn't take one's words purely at face value."
>Dimitri:"I've no desire to be accused of seeing only subtext in what others say."
>Claude:"Oh, how innocent - how naive - these two seem next to me, shiftiness incarnate!"

Attached: 1553310797825.jpg (1616x3264, 714K)

Anyone else thinking they may do something similar to FE 14 with having multiple story routes, albeit it’s all accessible within the base game? Just looking at the flavour text for Edelgard and Dimitri here, they might actually have potential for interesting plots.
>Edelgard being “promised” the position of the next Emperor, but having it robbed from her by a scheming relative/rival or even usurped by an enemy empire
>Dimitri carrying a “shadow”, perhaps the dark and troubled past of the so-called “Holy Kingdom” or even royal family from which he hails
...Or, do you guys think it’ll be the same general plot with minor differences depending on which House Byleth chooses? I know they’ve already teased a bit of the story with Sothis, the church, and that creepy guy, but I think there could be something else.

Always liked the Black Butler style desu. Is the manga worth a read? I really enjoyed the anime

No one cared about the previous Fire Emblem game's art style until now. And that's because the new artist is a fujoshi faggot. Gender means nothing.

Is being a Fire Emblem fan eternal suffering? The series is niche and barely recognized for decades with most games selling like shit and long absences between releases

Then it gets popular but only through waifuism and now it’s devolved to this

What I don't get is the huge jump in quality from her normal work. Yeah, she's an otome artist and draws blatant otome and fujo bait, but from what I can find her normal works aren't anywhere near as bad as the characters in TH look.
Like shit, at least these fuckers look pretty.

Attached: gay.jpg (619x894, 164K)

yeah first we get the waifu audiance
now we get the yaoi audience

when will we get a yuri fe

at least that would have good content on the waifu aspect

jesus christ claude is going to be a massive a faggot

Attached: 1532927163118.jpg (540x432, 58K)

More than likely it's to try to fit the FE aesthetic loosely. Drawing her usual artwork is a different story since she can vary the slightest of things page to page, from trying to make consistent character designs/models for a game that also is being co-designed by fucking Koei Tecmo.

>now we get the yaoi audience
>now
We had the yaoi audience for a long time, user.

Anything done and ruined by that Ar Tonelico designer, especially his ruinous Langrisser and YU-NO redesigns

Attached: yuno puke.png (1754x2971, 2.3M)

Claude seems based as fuck.

not as blatant as with this game

i know theyve been there since awakening tho

>games come out roughly biennially over three decades
>eternal suffering

Attached: QUENCHED.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>since awakening tho
Since PoR at minimum. And FE has always had a relatively hard otome lean to it, so they were likely there before even that.

Not gonna lie, I really like male Byleth's design.

b-but that hot girl h-has monkey ears! i-its shit!

i didnt notice much yaoifags during the old games days, tellius included
also Jugdral remakes fucking when

>i didnt notice much yaoifags during the old games days, tellius included
Soren and Ike shippers prove you wrong.

The fact that it actually has practical use in the game's setting and even in gameplay already makes it more defendable than 90% of stupid JRPG outfits, even if it looks retarded.

Attached: xb2 diving suit.jpg (1280x720, 1.05M)

that ship didnt happen till FE got mainstream tho

also non canon

>that ship didnt happen till FE got mainstream tho
HOW NEW

Who is the girl in the top right? She looks cute.

Ive been into FE since it released on the GBA

the only way it gets more grandpa than that is if youre japanese

>being co-designed by fucking Koei Tecmo
Why did they think this was the right decision?

it looks like this

Attached: 7E591963-6C31-48A6-A8F7-0E37BB64FA03.jpg (1024x576, 111K)

My guess? They were 'happy' with FE Warriors and wanted someone experienced in 3D to help them make the jump to consoles as well as basically reuse an engine they already had leeway with on the Switch. aka Intelligent Systems taking massive shortcuts.

They're left over designs from when the game was going to be in a sci-fi setting. After Nintendo told them "Fuck this one up and you're done" they got their shit together.

So then you just aren't very aware of the community then. Fire emblem wasn't mainstream until awakening, but that ship was going strong long before awakening was even announced. I remember it being somewhat of a meme then.

I suppose so

personally i always preferred Ike with Elincia over other ships desu

Attached: links-awakening-nintendo-switch-06.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

Holy shit if the game looked as good as this cover that'd be fantastic.