>best looking armor
>always sought out for groups
>most health
>rotation based on dealing damage and mitigation
>bff with healerbros
>laugh at dagger wielding faggots
>able to shrug off fatal attacks
>natural leader
user why the fuck aren’t you playing the tank?
Where the tank bros at?

Attached: 102F2FCB-2735-4C2D-B0A8-A74AA080B3AF.jpg (400x478, 175K)

>Blamed for everything going wrong
No thanks

I thought that was the healer(s)

Healer is the one who gets the most shit.
It's never the tank's fault

Only if you’re shit at threat and positioning/pulling
Otherwise if it’s a solid pull and the healer can’t do dick or dps is wet noodle no you don’t get blamed for jack shit

>Not playing the healslut and letting the tanks and DPS have their way with you after every encounter

I'm busy jewing up the market and ruining the economy for everyone

Attached: 1542361545943.gif (560x373, 116K)

>implying dps would have their way when all they do is print out spread sheets on their meters for analysis

Not in my experience tbqh. Played both and never got shit as the healer while as a tank got blamed for everything. Also good healers are more rare so people tend to be nicer to keep you around even when shit goes wrong once

Yeah and it's usually the retarded DPS doing the blaming because they aren't listening to your coordination or going for extra pulls for shits and giggles even if you/your healer are a little greener than normal.
Pro Tip: Don't play with French DPS

FFXIV tanks look like shit

Or Brazil dps
>be me
>pull mobs
>attempt to establish threat
>dps go super Saiyan 3 cool down unleashed mode
>gets us all killed
>hueueueueueu FULL CAPS

But I am a tank?

Post your current tank glamour, Yea Forums.

Attached: DeCVGHoU8AA77Pt.jpg (1200x675, 82K)

Because I'm the healer. I don't wanna play my best bro's class then he's out a job

Nice DPS looks, user

- dogshit tank

keeping enmity in this game is the easiest shit.

I'm boring and like it "realistic"

Attached: Screenshot (1266).png (1920x1080, 3.15M)

just using the full eureka set cause its my favorite armor in the game so far

Attached: ffxiv_06012019_014644.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

>>be me
Who else would you be?

I think user was talking about WoW not FF. They gutted threat in WoW from last expac so you can’t go full autism mode

Thanks for proving my point

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: fc.png (497x632, 349K)

>bff with healerbros
Healers don't have friends.

Best game to play as a tank?

Have sex

>natural leader
I love tanking concept, yet i'm not natural leader: i can't really feel comfortable with random people.
Also tanks are pretty much party reliant, since in nu-trinity tanks and healers are slave roles, while dps is master role(dps can solo do a lot of things, while tanks and healers just can't).

I already feel the urge to leave the group and kill myself out of shame everytime I die as a dps, I couldn't cope with the responsibiolity of a tank or healer.

In FF14 after initial opener aggro becomes DPS mechanic. If dps rips aggro that is his fault.

Tanks are fucking boring
>guy with a sword
>angry guy with an axe
>gloomy guy
>tough guy
There's no role with less imagination to it.

It's not comfy. You need to use your brain 90% of the time unlike DPS.

Attached: 1330753613151.png (263x272, 100K)

How do you usually roleplay?

Ah, also it's pretty stressful since random people tend to be shit teammates, but as a tank i still need to do my job even if i'm around retards.

>Not having photographic memory of the events and being able to call and explain who was at fault
>Not fully taking the blame when it happens to be your fault

Attached: 2312.jpg (640x776, 62K)

>Healer screws up
>Encouragement and suggestions
>Tank screws up
>Awkward silence because nobody plays the class or at worst autistic screeching
That's why you announce where you messed up as tank, because most people have fuckall idea what they're doing most of the time.

It's easier to hardcarry random retards as a healer.

Attached: 1499591189653.jpg (640x480, 247K)

as an apache attack helicopter

>Upgrade the elemental armor because I thought you could dye the lights
>You can't
>Can't revert it back and the only way to get the original set is to buy it again
Amazing.

Attached: 4213.jpg (411x273, 23K)

Maximising dps requires a big brain

did it in TERA. keeping aggro with every DPS being full tryhard facerolling on their keyboard probably shaved 6 months off my lifeclock.

playing healer in FFXIV was similar but atleast then I got to yell at the maniac DPS people getting hit by everything.

Maximizing your DPS, your healer DPS and your DPS' DPS through cooldown rotation and positioning is harder, unless the DPS class is exceptionally convoluted.

>If dps rips aggro that is his fault.
This is false.
I shouldn't have to gimp myself intentionally so some Tank can feel better about themselves.
If me spamming Merciful Eyes every time there's damage coming my way and using Diversion optimally still causes me to get aggro, it's on the tank being fucking garbage.

>SAMs need to take damage to dump agro
I always found this really dumb when they tacked on the deagro to mercyeye. Why not just let you use it as an agro dump but require the 3rd eye proc for it to heal as well?

>take fight timeline
>map cds
>use them
Hmm just like DPS jobs

>Blamed for everything going wrong
>Celebrated for everything going right
The champion takes the spoils

Attached: 1553894458893.jpg (720x720, 50K)

Attached: ffxiv_27042019_140208_086.jpg (1920x1080, 659K)

Because pugging as a tank is a death sentence 90% of the time.

My main job currently is SAM. How much of a pleb am I if I level and gear RDM next? Should I do NIN instead to earn the respect of my party members?

Attached: 1523099115596.jpg (480x336, 27K)

>playing MMOs

>Someone crucial dies
>Have to adapt on the fly with your cotank as you and/or your healer no longer has the proper CD lineup
>Just barely fucking make it by the skin of your teeth

>to earn the respect of my party members?
Fuck the respect of your party members. You think being a Trick Attack battery is going to get you respect?

DPS jobs also have to adapt to mistakes and have a harder time at doing it because they can't just swap the single target ogcd with a single target gcd
No it's not

nins don't get respect

unless they actually use the limit break, then they are based

DPS have to adapt to their own mistakes. Seldom do they have to adapt to others mistakes.

Play whatever you want you insecure piss baby

Can anybody explain what the fuck I'm supposed to do in Eureka? Apparently there's "secret" quests that you need to do to progress? I don't know what element system is supposed to do and I get such little XP. I just want to get to where everybody else is in my FC

>Seldom do they have to adapt to others mistakes.
>tanks make no mistakes with positioning
Tanks are fucking insufferable for one, simple reason: they're delusional beyond all common sense about being completely infallible.

You look where the quest location is online then stealth/ride another player's mount your way to it.

>stealth
Any tips on how as a WHM?

Join a FATE train and die a billion times until you're at a point when you stop dying.
Do you challenge log.
Look up online where you need to go for the quests.
As for starting the quests, does Krile have a quest marker above her head? If yes, talk to her, if no, do your quest.

>Play as tank
>Actually required to do shit
>Want to change to healer
>Healer is fucking gay

Shit. I just wanna semi afk in savage desu bros.

>Having to hit a positional at a weird angle is comparable to having to perform a mechanic you were hoping to invuln
>Or having to fill in as DPS because they're dead as a healer
LMAOOOOOO

Attached: 52312.gif (250x206, 841K)

Most enemies in Eureka have a sight cone, and if you wander into their line of sight and their elemental level is comparable to yours, they'll aggro.
Sprites aggro on spell casts, undead and ghosts aggro on health loss.
Pagos has enemies that aggro on sound, so you need to walk past them.

Tfw i would like to come back to FFXIV but i just want to change server...

The amount of times they are saying 'it's your choice' is a clear sign that they will resent you a lot if you don't swap.

>having to perform a mechanic you were hoping to invuln
And how is this anyone's mistake but the other tank's?
>having to fill in as DPS as a healer
You should be anyway, you fucking shitter.

You will never be able to do that, just buy clears

Huh? Bruh I'm a pretty good healer. Too bad it's kinda a gay role.

You missed out on healing t7

I mean you will never be able to semi afk in savage

I think user is a non-DPSing healer.

Nobody who's actually played all three roles at a high level (and if you haven't played all three roles you are almost certainly garbage) would agree that tanks or healers are harder to do well with than dps

>Healer dies on heavy damage phase
>Other healer too busy keeping the other 6 people alive or is out of resources for strong single-target heals
>Use invuln/meaty CD to survive as MT and avoid things spiraling out of control
>Have to plan ahead for the next big hit with your cotank and healers
Also:
>Having the healer interrupt their casting when the ranged DPS could just do the mechanic and not lose any DPS
Dumb shitter lmao.

there's 4 enemy aggro types

the most common is aggro by sight, to avoid these just run behind them

then there is aggro by sound, enemies that have no eyes typically have this. they aggro from any direction, but can be avoided by walking slowly

then there is aggro by magic, all sprites have this. they never aggro unless you cast spells near them

last is aggro on low health, lots of undead have this. they never aggro unless you are at less than 100% hp

shy doesn't yoshi give us one or two wards per residential area? it's impossible to get a house in populated servers
and don't tell me it's because he wants to even out the population in every data center

Prog:
Healz n' tankz >>> DPS
Clear:
DPS > tanks > heals
Reclears:
DPS >>> healz n' tankz

I love how Yea Forums still relentlessly shitposts about non-dpsing healers and how dps shouldn't use diversion, issues nobody has had outside of normal raids and trial roulette for two entire expansions

>Play on ps4
>Can't coordinate with team
>Much less a second tank
But mostly Tank armours look worse on Lalas than any other race

literally does not happen. I can't fucking tell you how many ex/savage parties I've made wipe only to have a good little healslut or dps cuck say "s-sorry guys my bad". I've had raid runs where I cause fuckup after fuckup only to leave with the full amount of commends. There is literally nothing you can't get away with as a tank.

Attached: 1554765253620.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Greatly appreciate the tips, lads. Thanks!

Oh no, you're going to have to hit another tank CD, or do a tank swap.
Truly a complex role for big brained individuals such as yourself.

>be me
>tank
>new to the game
>gets accepted into a party
>"hey do you know the dungeon?"
>nervoussweating.jpg
>"haha yeah sure ill handle it bros"
>10 minutes later
>everything is fucking up
>"do you actually know the dungeon?"
>sensing that i was about to get kicked, i wanted to go off with a laugh
>"yeah im reading a guide"
>gets kicked

That's how it goes for me.

>get called out
>h-haha, you're just a shitposter!
You can't semi-afk in Savage as a healer, the fact that you think you could just shows that you're a shitter who's not doing everything they can.

I'm not arguing whether it's big brain or not, but whether if it actually requires a brain. Hitting an odd positional here and there because the boss didn't turn around fast enough is monkey-tier my friend, and doesn't even have a significant penalty if failed.

Regardless, I've conceded that the hardest job to play are DPS, granted it is complex when compared to its peers. Shit like NIN for example, or RDM/DRG as an example of braindead DPS.

Attached: 4123.jpg (1068x1200, 90K)

>still falling for this type of bait
you never learn guys

>the only complexity any DPS job faces is hitting positionals

You're replying to the person who called him out

>GARO collab ending in 5.1
Why tho
Now I feel pressured to get all the items even though I don't really care.

Attached: 1546196419309.png (288x339, 131K)

Go watch a video at least you noob tank, do you know how long the queue to enter a party for everyone else?

>having problems in dungeons
>ever

Is that even possible?

It was always going to be a temporary event, they announced it as such.
They just never announced the end date until now.

Because YoshiP loves PVP and doesn't want it dead. BLESS YOU YOSHIDA

No, the topic was mistakes. DPS have to adapt to tanks making a mistake by hitting a weird positional, and not much else (depends on the fight really). Healers and tanks have to adapt much more to group mistakes. That was what we were arguing.

DPS trade this by personal skill, usually. Some DPS jobs really do not deserve any respect as their rotation are brainlet tank-tier. And if you mean lining up CDs, that's a party-wide responsibility.

>feeling pressured to do the worst content in the game to get ugly armors

Attached: 1518961074803.jpg (243x274, 17K)

Attached: Golden.png (473x300, 171K)

I'm obviously going to be trash at pulling if I don't know what's next right around the corner

Amazingly almost none of the memes about healers are valid in this game. Short queues? Shorter than dps, but longer than tanks, and dps get the best queues for 24-mans. Blame for everything? Nah, encounter design usually means one person fucks up mechanic - everybody dies. Hardest to play? Nah, maybe in select few encounters. Biggest responsibility? Depends immensely per encounter.

FUCK YOU, FRONTLINES IS FUN.

Attached: 1556338573454.webm (1280x720, 93K)

I'm playing a game of frontline after more than a year
it sucks big time, also when did they remove your skills in favor of a combo button?

But it’s usually a hallway with 2-3 packs at most and a gate at the end that opens when they’re all dead

>ugly
>GARO

Attached: 1459277645008.webm (640x480, 2.75M)

Damn, this game's level design is trash. I'll keep that in mind.

2 years ago

says the big pussy bitch who's scared of tanking

except having a personality

And then everyone clapped

>best looking armor
but you posted the worst looking 50 artifact set in the game

Warrior set is worse desu

>Should I do NIN instead to earn the respect of my party members?
If you want the respect of your party members then just don't fuck up mechanics and die. It's literally that easy, I don't ever recall seeing a NIN getting his dick sucked because he can trick attack.

You say "no" and ask if there's anything to know. Don't lie.
You're like the people who don't understand something at work and refuse to ask for assistance and then fuck up everything for everybody.

Attached: 1555620977628.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Yellow.
Yellow is a complete cunt and total fag.

RDM is fun and all but why doesn't it have any dots or buffs to keep track of? I always feel like I should be checking some timers but I don't and it irks me.

Attached: RDM AF.png (1629x1057, 1.06M)

>Awkward silence because nobody plays the class
This is my experience in most MMOs when I've played Tank.

You can pull the most retarded shit and no one will say a word because they don't know if the things that happen are intentional strat or not.

Really though, Tank is the most comfy and relaxed role. You look like you're busting your ass and doing a lot, but most of the time you're just facing things away from the group or moving stuff away from aoe on the ground and then you always have a barely existent "rotation". All the actual mechanics have to be dealt with by dpscucks.

Brother

You have a dilation timer to keep track of already, fuck off

Suck my cocks faggot. Have fun doing the most work while I just do the bare minimum.

There's much worse than PvP in this game.

stay mad n00b

I always played healer but my alt was a tank and it was my favorite thing

Everyone depends on me
I set the pace of the game (very fast!)
Everyone listens to me
Natural leader
Priority on gear
See the monster models up close
Always aware of the environment, never tunnel vision

AST is annoying to play. Do I go WHM or SCH?

Sounds like shit DPS.
WHM is for brainlets so it's perfect for you.

WHM is boring, like, really boring
SCH can be fun if you like micro managing your pets

I healed Orbonne as AST fine but IT'S ANNOYING TO PLAY. Read.

I'm just too tired to say the same things over and over again
>use cooldowns
>do you know what role actions are
>you need to flash again for big packs
>stop running ahead without the rest of the team
>drag the boss out of the ground aoes, melee dps have positionals
>get the enemy on one side of you if possible so our aoes hit
>stop going dps stance, our healer is badly geared and you don' use cooldowns effectively
>you keep missing stray enemies, our casters can't cast of they get interrupted

>8 man frontlines is fun, your actions matter and killing enemy party members pays off
>lol have 24 man frontlines instead where nothing matters and it's just a roll of a dice to see who actually wins

>Micromanaging your pets

it's not even worth doing that because Eos is fine on auto because who gives a fuck and Selene doesn't even matter

>user hasn't learned how to manage a full alliance of players
That's why it's call the Field COMMANDER's Coat.

Attached: Model-Field_Commander%27s_Coat.png (333x666, 268K)

I don't want to tank castrum meridianum

>guys attack the crystal
>ATTACK THE FUCKING CRYSTAL WHERE ARE YOU GOING

shinryu is too hard for a story trial and I'm unable to advance because I can't clear it even after 15 tries

>Stop running ahead without the rest of the team
Fuck you! catch up faggot.
>Stop going DPS stance
Tell the fucking healer to stop dpsing when I'm in tank stance so we don't fucking wipe again because he's a moron and casting stone when I'm at 1hp using my holmgang.

Attached: gb.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

What's annoying about AST?

I cant wait to disco down and boogie as a dancer.

Attached: disco aint dead.png (640x712, 662K)

What jacket is that?

I died like 3 times, felt like a complete dumbass, but we cleared it.

I liked that much better than the flashy but pointless HW or ARR final bosses.

>Their one OCD heal is a weird conditional one basing its potency off how much health the target has
>Their only real claim to fame is muh spread balance

t. shit commander

Nvm, found it on Garland Tools.

Nezha Lord's Togi

Does a MK in dragons dogpile counts as a tank?

I do play tank, though. It's fun wading into big packs of enemies and knocking bosses around.

Any suggestions for a female giraffe MNK glamour?

>Not being a hybrid of dps, defense and offense

Attached: consider_the_following_1.png (514x419, 199K)

Are you part of that category of people that can't handle responsibility and leadership ?

Because they can't do anything without at least one more player.
Healers are the ones everyone needs. A tank + dps can still do stuff, but a tank+healer can do everything, and often a dps+healer can also do everything. A tank alone can arguably do less than a healer alone.

maybe he doesnt like doing it for a leisure activity ie to relax?

I'd play tank if the imperial judge class was avaliable

Aren't tanks usually pretty good at soloing, though? DPS has damage, but they get their asses kicked the moment enemies start getting attacks off, and healers rarely have the damage to kill enemies quickly. Tanks usually have enough damage to kill enemies at a reasonable pace and enough health and defensive measures to avoid getting killed by random mobs.

I am

Attached: ffxiv_27042019_161322_627.png (1827x944, 2.08M)

i am tank

Attached: elzn.png (1048x862, 1.87M)

You earn respect by being good you retard and you should level a tank and a healer next so you fucking know what other roles do so you can tell when they are fucking up.

>Master of nothing.

Put your penis away.

In those games nobody notices if you're doing good.

t. doesn't notice when everything takes forever to die thanks to them.

outside of dungeons/raids I always play alone and tanks are usually shit at solo content. I don't mean it's not possible as a tank, but usually very slow.

Suck it up pussy. It's either a child or a neckbeard who's yelling at you over a videogame.

It's the job of DPS to make things die fast.

Attached: file.png (1919x1079, 3.2M)

Then wear a fucking helmet

Attached: 20190422035727_1.jpg (1827x1001, 338K)

>t. expert roulette lord

>tfw you notice someone from Yea Forums in your server/queue

Attached: 1526240007538.jpg (556x479, 76K)

>ugly
>Garo
Are you gay?

Based

Attached: drk.jpg (404x636, 78K)

Why do you keep posting this?

Attached: 1455640957066.png (1920x1080, 1018K)

I prefer dps/tank hybrid classes.

dam boi

WAR?

Way too much responsibility to be the tank.

As a DPS I can change wing it in basically any raid by following what everyone else.

GRIFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH

You're confusing it with AST, user.

That's now what your mom said last night

Nice.

Attached: 7edd4883ce8b7ba6dceadd400ff2bd4a2aae2365.png (1044x758, 541K)

Leveling with a tank is fucking painful. Their dps is just way too low

Do you know what the end of "jack of all trades, master of none" saying originally was? Better than a master of one.

I take it off in town and this is super late but here you go.

Attached: Screenshot (1268).png (1920x1080, 3.31M)

because I'd rather heal people or kill people than be a bullet sponge

I mainly play Healers because someone has to do it but I like playing WAR on the side too.

Attached: ffxiv_01092017_174746.jpg (1920x1058, 597K)

Mhigger what, tanks are the fastest to level job. Dungeons pop instantly and in MSQ fights you can ignore mechanics.

>Deal damage, take no damage and can heal
based

Typical tranny, can't handle Chad player vs player content

>big dad
>hearty merry dwarf
>ANGRY MARINE
>the war vet
>little girl in big armor or in general the little big soldier
>the blacksmith autismo obsessed with loads of steel
>the commander or the cornerstone of the group which itself has tons of variation ranging from the calm collected leader to the morale boosting always positive type to ANY MAN THAT DIES WITH A CLEAN BLADE I'LL RAPE HIS FUCKING CORPSE
>Chad Thundercock
>the serious straight man
>the gentle innocent soul with a harsh exterior
There are plenty of ways to rp a tank.

Attached: aaaafe0bc3a9b48fd060ba5c97ca465f.jpg (1280x720, 119K)