The Surge 2 hype train

playing the surge since its free and i like souls games
>download the free dlc because why not
>first area, dont know much about the game, managed to suicide run through the poison to get the volatile spectre
>fighting the giant crane forklift nigger
>braps on me, lose all my stamina and energy
>that very second, get punched in the head by a fucking astronaut wielding a rocket engine like a greatsword
>wildly swing and ko the crane, get a shiny penny for my troubles
>getting wombocomboed by this healing space asshole doing somersaults and shit
>out of sippys, scratch of health left
>manage to out-fucking-skill him, rip his arm off
>take his rocket thing
>run back to medbay, literally on the edge of my seat from the adrenaline and tension
>feel like a god

Really looking forward the the second one, more weapon types, smoother combat, cleaner graphics, better environments, genuinely hyped

Attached: TheSurge2_screenshot.jpg (590x332, 65K)

It's the one made by the Lords of the fallen devs right? Is it good

It’s not bad (it’s free for PS+ users now) I’d say it’s more challenging than the average souls game there’s more punishment for fucking up. Armor plays a more important role than just fashion

The surge is an improvement on LotF, and I can only imagine the surge 2 will be an improvement on that

If you like scifi and soulslikes, its worth checking out, I genuinely prefer the combat system so far, instead of light/heavy attacks you can do horizontal/vertical with every weapon, which combo in to each other seamlessly, and both can be charged for a higher damage/impact

I'm actually finding it way easier than souls so far, I'm in full rhino currently and stamina management is a bitch, might have to farm the lynx set since I'm using single-rigged

The weapon types are limited but very different from each other, plus each type have two or three moveset types, e.g some single-rigges have slam overheads, some have uppercuts, plus some weapons (mainly boss cuts or hardcore cuts) have unique modifiers like flame torches or shockwaves

Really? I was getting dicked down by the first boss for like a good 6-7 times before i realised how to use the missiles

it's much better than lords, first time I played it I really didn't like it. Was in a mood for some scifi recently and for some reason it clicked, it has issues sure, but it is very solid game. almost an 8/10, almost.

>I'm actually finding it way easier than souls
it is, it's a lot like sekiro in speed aspect. so if you play it right after it's a cake walk.

Better than LotF at least, but you can tell it was the same dev because they share the same sluggish character movement. All your attack animations take fucking years to finish as well

Not to mention the majority of human enemies have the exact same abilities as yourself. Some asshole jumps out of nowhere and murks you? You can do that to them back. It's not like in Souls where enemies have drastically different/better movesets with the same weapon as you. Feels fairer, somehow

The 2nd one seems a lot faster/smoother with the combat, at least that dual wield axe thing does.

That boss gets me hype for some real shields, I loved my Nano Ward gear just for the parry explosions>R1 combo for the single-rigged

Imperator 2.0 > Everything else

>pic got boobs and a ray of light
>the light pass by the boob instead of hiding it, showing it completely
Is this a statement?

Do statues count as sexualisation?

>not Gorgon

Stamina nigger, do you speak it?

They have to do something about their loot system, its such a fucking hazzle to get a new set of armor going. Just let me wear that shit as soon as I cut it off, stop with the retarded crafting meme.

Attached: 4531234312.jpg (400x343, 8K)

>free

I liked the limb seperation mechanics, but yeah I think core power is a valid enough restriction to wearing OP armor, never mind grinding for mats

Although I do like how CP is basically just their way of level-gating gear, but without it being Fallout 76 tier, like if I farmed the shit out of ANGEL VI gear in abandoned production, I'd still have to be like CP30 to equip it all, never mind any implants

Honestly its a great system, just needs tweaking

>enemy randomly poises through your attack and kills you in 2 hits

Attached: 1453897491885.gif (154x273, 1.97M)

Just started playing this, any tips? Am I right that I have to focus on just one weapon type to make it good, or can I use two without fully gimping myself? I like the look of staffs but I also kinda want something heavier for staggering people

>using lynx gear
>using one handed/twin rigged/staves

If you wanna stagger enemies, either use a light-med weapon with heavy armor (like rhino), or a heavy weapon like single rigged/heavy duty with med or light armor

Or just heavy duty and heavy armor, but good luck with a swing speed of once per minute

on the other hand you can build mark 4 right away after getting schematics, there is no need for upgrade "path"

I tried heave+heavy, it's okay, game becomes even more turn based than normal(yes I genuinely think souls combat is turn based in essence)

Best advice for heavy weapons is hit and run, let them swing, quick two hits, leave enough stamina to dodge out, rinse+repeat

Alternatively, learning Perfectly Timed Blocking (PTB), always staggers the opponents and each weapon class has a different follow-upz e.g. single rigged R1 riposte is super fast but doesn't combo, and if the enemy gets knocked back it can miss if you don't close the distance first whereas the R2 is slower but does combo

kys shill
the game is just a poorly made souls knockoff with pointless gimmicks added

>literally only started playing the first one like a week ago
>enjoying it despite its flaws
>optimistic for the second one

Sorry friend, I guess you've forgotten how to be excited for games?

It's alright, it feels similar to lotf in that you really have to commit to your attacks whereas souls games had less of that with every new game, I liked it despite not really liking the MC and his look.

You cant have a thread on this site anymore without some dickhead calling you a shill because its about something he oesnt like. Ignore them. Dont (You) them.

not even close, just here to warn you guys from wasting your time with that pos
surge was a full price 60 bucks game at release, with a duration of less than 20 hours, subpar and piss easy gameplay, poor level design, even less story than souls games, shit characters, shit items, poorly executed setting, poor balancing and pointless gimmicks that do nothing but force the player to grind and scroll through targets

the only people that liked the game are those with low standards and no experience in games, which was clearly shown by the abysmal sales of the game

I worked for them as an intern and they hardly have any money and only get by through paying abysmal wages and hiring dozens of interns (they had 6 interns at that time in a company with less than 60 people)
I regret ever going there, but you don't exactly have much of a choice if your country only has like 4 companies that make serious games and most of them only take 1 or 2 interns per year

surge 2 is going to be just a slightly larger dlc to surge 1 with miniscule changes

you read the OP post, play the actual game and then tell me a normal Yea Forumsirgin typed that fake greentext
it doesn't reflect the actual gameplay - some of the stuff he mentions doesn't even exist in the first area

it's clearly some made up shill

Please elaborate on what doesn't exist in the first area?

It literally happened to me, I'm a 26yo wageslave who works in a diner, how exactly would I be a shill?

Seriously, how can I get paid to lie about games on a taiwanese shadow puppet theatre forum?

Nice blog, glad to hear your opinion is the only correct one, shit how could I have RUSED myself into enjoying this garbage?

Thank you, so much, for your enlightening supposition, I have truly been shown the light. Better just kys myself

you sound like a marketer who went through “4chins 101” years ago and threw in some reddit

This is the most obvious shill post I have ever seen

Been on here since 2007, friend

dunning kruger in action
go play a few better games like dark souls or nioh and then you will realize you wasted your time with surge

I've played and enjoyed all of them
I literally just wanted to share my experiences with the game, do you idiots genuinely think people get paid to shill two-year-old games here, of all places?

>people get paid
people don't get paid at deck13, they have interns for that

You people (person) are why we can't have vidya discussion here anymore

If you don't like the game/are just trolling for (you)s, don't you have something better to do?
>on Yea Forums
Oh, i guess not

Are you trying to imply that I do it for free?

Did they pay you extra to write like a spastic 12 year old?

Checked but bluepilled

If I were being paid to discuss/shill games, at least that would give me a reason to be here.

Why are you here right now?

>because why not
>braps on me
>crane forklift nigger
>get a shiny penny for my troubles
>getting wombocomboed
>and shit
>out of sippys
>out-fucking-skill him
>rocket thing
>edge of my seat from the adrenaline and tension
>feel like a god

I think whoever hired you to shill this shit should update you on the latest 4chins lingo buddy, this out outdated and reddit/9gag tier.
also, the worst of fromsoft is better than anything deck13 shat out

>vidya
oh you are talking about entertaining, exciting, absolutely fantastic products of people diligence and creativity, such as dark souls or nioh?
sure let's talk about that

surely you don't suggest that a cheap knockoff made by a german sweatshop without an ounce of creativity qualifies as a game?

Sorry, should I have said based more? Or slip in a SJW, or a 'what did he mean by this'?

I spent the majority of my time here in souls threads back in fucking 2011, sorry if my patois is outdated. I just wanted to recall the nostalgia of greentexts past and talk about a game I am enjoying. I didn't confirm in deny my opinion of the surge in contrast to the souls games, only that I enjoy their style. Does it honestly matter to you that much that someone you have and will never meet is enjoying a game you dislike?

>implying you can't have your own threads to discuss those games
>rabidly attack others who enjoy those games' "rivals"

Ohh, I get it.

That would be great.
If it actually was a rival, that would be even better.
But as it stands, my country only produces absolute garbage games and they are on their way to solidify that impression on the world with garbage 2.
Worst part is, faggots like you actually cheering for them, ruining the gaming industry with their bad knockoffs.

I-I enjoyed this and the S-Souls games...

Where did Deck13 touch you? Show us user, show us on the doll.

I've honestly not seen someone vehemently hate a game/dev this much since NMS.

Sorry if I annoyed you man, I'm honestly just enjoying myself. Simple tastes, I guess. Promise I'm not a shill. I just didn't get why you had to shit up a perfectly normal thread.

Bygones?