Guys I have an i7 9700k, RTX 2080, 16 gig ram with 3200 mhz a gold standard PSU and a SSD with 512 gb

Guys I have an i7 9700k, RTX 2080, 16 gig ram with 3200 mhz a gold standard PSU and a SSD with 512 gb.

Well I am thinking of sending my 2080 back and buying a 2080ti. That would be much more futureproof I guess on 1440p. I would have to pay another 400 euro though and that hurts man.
My other option would be, to send my 2080 version back and get a 2080 gaming x trio which is basically the best 2080 version.

What should I do?

Attached: 20190415_104850.jpg (5312x2988, 3.48M)

Well for starters you should neck yourself.

>got 2x 2080ti
>1080p monitor
am i a retard?

Attached: 26mbfan7ad111.jpg (750x933, 517K)

What do you need a 2080ti for if you have 1440p 60hz?

Yes you are. I played with a 1080p screen 1 week ago and bought now a 1440p monitor.
ITs much better and you are wasting way too much potential.

Why would you say that, jelly maybe?

a rich retard

Well to be futureproof. How long will I be able to play silky smooth 1440p very high games. Thats my thought.

Hi Dominic.

Dude a 1070 can still 60fps ultra 1440p, if you bought a 2080 and you aren't even rendering for work you're just a retard.

Why the fuck would you not just wait until you need it to upgrade?

More ssd space, games are heavy.

I had a 1070 before and there were games like AC odysee which couldnt make 60 fps on lutra 1080p but I guess they are just shitty optimized...

I am an idiot. But also to have hardware that holds up for years without giving any thought to it.

you are fucking retarded
based

>2080ti is only 29% better than 1080ti in gaming performance

>shills use benchmarks which show 40% improvement over 1080ti

Nvidia jews are simply holding us back, until the next card series is actually 50+% in gaming performance over the 1080ti, i'm not buying shit

More proof, if any was needed, that anyone that unironically uses the term future proof is a certifiable dumbass.

Yes true but could I just connect the SSD to my PC without any need to install anything? Just plug it in and thats it? An additional 1 TB SSD is a good idea

Dude 29% more on an allready very good card isnt bad. And ones that new anti aliasing thecnique works, there will be even a bigger gap.

thats not dumb. I want to be able to play silky smooth for years without having to think about it.

It's always people who know jack shit about computer that have the money to buy high end hardwares.
Either you spend that 400 and get the 2080ti or keep the current 2080. It's meaningless to switch to another 2080. And yes it's fucking overpriced but more "future proof"

bumpitbo balu

Well I have a kfa2 2080 ex and its the cheapes model basically. I thought a better model would be more stable lol.
So would it be worth to upgrade to the TI?

RTX2080 is plenty fine for 1440p dude, i would know i have both.
Futureproofing is idiotic, by the time you'll really need an upgrade new hardware will be out.

Always skip a generation when upgrading your hardware, at least. The performance increase isn't really high enough to justify the cost unless you've got more money than you know what to do with.

nu-AC games are CPU throttled even on i7s. regardless you are still a retard

So basically stay with the 2080 and just enjoy it for a few years?

>futureproof meme

Attached: 1556282451780.jpg (915x960, 97K)

I would. I'm still running a 1070 and it runs everything just fine.

Yes, now go play videogames instead of masturbating on specs.

What games are you playing that require those specs

lol at the moment nothing much. Playing insurgency sandstorm, pubg, squad and hitman 2.
Gonna download AC unity and odysee soon and am waiting for dying light 2 with excitement.

kek this

Attached: Heat-1995_-scary-kevin-gage-as-Waingro.jpg (600x430, 34K)

I have the same pc. Don't use msaa in Unity, it looks good but it takes like 80-100fps.

"Futureproofing" is a meme. Just go and buy a console if that's what your mindset is going to be.

wtf 80-100 thats crazy

damn man back in the day of the ps3 o was a consolero but PC gaming is just so much better. Game keys much cheaper, 60 fps better graphics, obviously shooters play much better with mouse and keyboard.
The only shitty thing about it is, that every fucking year there are like 10 new gpus

>Buy an RTX 2080.
>Already have i5 6600k @ 3.6Ghz.
>"It's fine dude, you don't need to upgrade"
>Bottlenecking RE2, Anthem, BV5 and DMC5 when playing 1440p/144hz.
>Gonna have to spend +$500 on a new motherboard and cpu to get the benefits of my GPU.

The meme of PC gaming is cheap should die. There is nothing wrong is buying a 400 bucks console and be content.

You would think this pedo would know a lot more about computer specs after spending 12 years jobless in his parents house, but nope. Still retarded.

>buying the latest high tier hardware and expecting it to be cheap
if you want console killer why are you buying 20xx retard? 5 7th gen and 970 shits all over consoles for low cost. not the shit that rich kids beg their parents to buy them so they can post speccy screenshots to reddit

My old pc was already i5 6600k/970gtx and I wanted 1440p/144fps. I bought the GPU but the CPU is too old apparently.

yep it really is expensive. Especially because you have to buy a new motherboard. Thats just retarded.

If 400 euros hurts then you've completely outspent your budget.

Should've got 2080ti to start with, but it looks like your psu is 550w i'm assuming, so you'd need to upgrade the psu to upgrade to a 2080ti. Just wait till the next cards are out at this point, desu.

You call that a bottleneck?

Attached: Specs.png (925x618, 434K)

wait for navi

>I wanted 1440p/144fps
you can't complain about PCs being more expensive than consoleshit when you're shooting for more than twice the performance of consoles

Alright kid, I'll hlep you. Yo ssd tiny, 2080tis have been known to blow up, and you don't need "the best version" of a card if you're not running dank overclocks. Save yo money and keep the 2080. After you install a few nu-Yea Forums games you'll probably be hungry for more storage so spend the dosh on that.