STALKER Clear Sky: Play it or skip it?

i just finished playing Shadow of Chernobyl and im considering on either
>A. going through Clear Sky with the Mystery mod (a ported version of Misery to Clear Sky) and the damage mod and other graphical mods
or
>B. skip to Call of Pripyat and have the mods: Call of Chernobyl, Autumnal winds, the Damage mod and Outfit addons

any thoughts on the matter?

Attached: dims.jpg (1200x675, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Decane/SRP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Clear Sky is worth a playthrough

Clear Sky is unironically better than (unmodded) CoP
t. stalker fanboy

Play SoC again but with mods

How much did you like SoC? How much do you like the setting?
If you really liked it, then play CS with the SRP. Why would you do a modded first playthrough anyway.

lmao nice taste you fucking inbred retard. Don't listen to this contrarian autist. Skip CS and go straight to CoP.

It's bullshit but it's good

The grenade spam from the AI is legit bullshit, but the game does introduce some nice new mechanics.

just finish all the games in order of release with no mods before you start doing shit.
also clear sky is fun, especially the beginning with the swamp

because a 12g shotgun blast should take down a enemy regardless of what firearm
also regarding to modded playthroughs first

well... it just makes it a bit more fun to play with than just a barren HUD and graphics which the modbase can easily make better without straining on system requirements

not to mention the damage mod of in itself

btw, yes i do play on Master difficulty

CS is definitely the most "unfair" of the series with power balances between factions being completely off (mostly in favour of Duty) but I actually like the game precisely for this because it actually forces you to play like your ennemies are a threat to you, it also adds a great deal of customization (caliber conversion for nato weapons are a godsent if you want to take on Duty), overall definitely worth a playtrough.

based

cringe

Don't listen to any faggot who says play the stalker games unmodded the first time. They cannot be trusted, they just want you to suffer as they suffered. Some QoL improving mods are just fine and mandatory.

Attached: tv stays up late.jpg (4032x3024, 1.76M)

Ignore bullshit mods like Misery and just use the SRP unofficial patch for Clear Sky. github.com/Decane/SRP

This

QoL is debatable because most STALKER modders are incompetent fuckwits who wouldn't know good UI design if it raped them and tossed them into an anomaly.

SoC has an interesting world to explore and CS has lots of AI to have shootouts with, CoP is devoid of both.

>playing with some retarded mods and graphical changes
have sex

>have sex
you seriously expecting a Yea Forums user to have sex?

>never played STALKER
Get out of here, non-STALKER.

Other way around. CoP has all the atmosphere and AI, and SoC is only good when it's trying to be STALKER.

Go play Clear Sky, it's a good game.

>misery mod
Skip it.
Your life, that is.

I'd say it's worth it for the Faction War mod

when i tried to play it it was completely unplayable
missions would pop-up and fail instantly, reloading any save caused my character to take 80% of health in damage plus bleed

i never got past the first area

I replayed CoP recently and the world felt really freaking empty whenever I was not following mission objectives. And there's less than a handful of memorable locations/missions where the game finally allows itself to spawns enough enemies to have a proper fight with. The tunnel sequence and final mission were the worst offenders, both felt like atleast half of the mission script was outright missing.

Play it once in Vanilla but use SRP. It's a buggy piece of shit.

>because a 12g shotgun blast should take down a enemy regardless of what firearm
You're my bro, bro.

Attached: 1522899581069.jpg (400x400, 72K)

CS is shit for one simple reason: all enemies (including mutants) are visible on the radar at all times.There is never suspense or surprise, bloodsucker and controller encounters don't differ from a group of bandits, it's just another obstacle to shoot your way through.
Also they tried to go the cinematic cowadooty way and you have heavily scripted linear (and I think sometimes timed) missions that are just annoying.

clear sky allready plays like mysery without moding,
bandages are rarrer than artifacts, and you dont stop bleeding until you bandage yourself, so until you get anti bleeding artifacts you will use them only after 3 fights with bandits, and between them you will eat sasugges to replenish life you are constantly loosing
everyone is throwing granades like its CoD on veteran, bullet drop is changed from soc, its weird but you can get used to it, and it is satysfaing to pull headshots with it
there are quite a few bugs that can fuck up faction wars, and first exit you had have to take from first location posit you right in front of military base with MG you cant see between trees
it is still fun, but it is loads of bullshit sometimes, so you have to ve prepared mentaly
I had more balanced fun with CoP with misery on first playthru than CS

>all enemies (including mutants) are visible on the radar at all times.

So just mod it out.

>any thoughts on the matter?

You are retarded
>play all 3 games on release order
>don't install any mods that's not strictly a bugfix
>if you play CS, ignore the facton war gimmick once you exit the swamp area and the game will be good again

>with the Mystery mod (a ported version of Misery to Clear Sky) and the damage mod and other graphical mods
if you want to ruin your own experience of the game do that.

It's good
Not as bad as people make it out to be honestly

Play CS.
Just get a mod that add moar guns, absolute texture, and srp. There's the Asernal Overhaul + SRP merge iirc.