I just got the 4th member..I didn't realize they'd be a tank. Is there anyway to make Rex a viable tank...

I just got the 4th member..I didn't realize they'd be a tank. Is there anyway to make Rex a viable tank? I want to use the 4th character as a damage dealer.

I don't understand the blade summoning system. It keeps giving everyone healers which is cool but if I don't have a tank I can't play the game and I can't hear MEHMEHMEH from Tora anymore.

Attached: Xenoblade-Chronicles-2-700016-Detail.png (800x1310, 1.73M)

Yeah give Rex a Katana blade so he can Break and Topple by himself between the Tank blade and Pyra.

I got a core that gives a gauranteed tank blade Kasandra. Is it any good?

You can make anyone any class (although it doesn't work quite as well for Tora).

Making Rex a tank is a bit of a waste, since he's a fantastic DPS+Healer, but if you want to, all you need to do is give him some Tank Blades. Katana's especially are the easiest to work with.

You'll get a lot of Blades just through opening cores, and that's definitely mostly luck (although you can use the consumable items to control what kind of Blade you're likely to get, to chase specific rares), but if you're trying to build something specific you're easiest bet is to get the guaranteed rare story Blades as much as you can. Right off the bat, you can get Kassandra who's a great Tank Blade. Just fish her up form the Salvage Spot near the entrance to the lv80 zone. After that, a little later on in the story you can get Theory from doing a fairly long quest-chain. And then you'll just need one more from rolling cores.

Honestly though, you're gonna have a better time just using Morag as a tank I think, than trying to turn her into a DPS and Rex into a tank, simply because you'll have to completely rebuild both their setups and, while that's possible, it's not really very easy on your first run because you don't know where the Rare Blades are or how to get them. You'd basically be relying on using a guide.

Attached: 1552743701927.jpg (1024x515, 99K)

Yup.

But you're better off putting her on Morag, since Morag gets two story Tank Blades, so with Kassandra, she's already fully set and done. You'll replace Kassandra with Theory later though.

Not on Rex for his Hammer skills suck.

She's pretty good, but shield hammers in general are pretty bad.

Rwx is a DPS. The best and faster way to play is making everyone a DPS or 2 DPS and 1 Healer. Also don't give blade to Rex, he get a special snowflake ability that let him change blades without using Overdrive Protocol
Tora is trash unless you play ours and ours of tigertiger and unlock his special mission around chapter 8 or something by the way, don't bother

Well currently I have

Rex - Wulfric/Godfrey
Nia - Dagas/Floren
Morag - Boreas/Kora

I've been told Godfrey just plain sucks. Should I keep rolling blades on Morag or Nia? Or does this seem solid for now?

Everyone's hammer skills suck, it's just a bad weapon type.

Kassandra is good in Morag, she isn't a bad hammer option on her that far in this game and is also a Dark Blade that can potentially make Blade Combos with Mythra.

>I've been told Godfrey just plain sucks.
He's perfectly serviceable, but just about everyone else is an upgrade.
Also worth it just because you don't have any main blade party members that are Ice Element.

My biggest problem right now is fights seem to take forever. I constantly do the three element combo things but health bars barely move. I've been upgrading with chips I can't tell if I'm missing something or not

Rex with Pyra/Wulfric/Roc should be enough for him.
Nia also looks okay, but another healing blade would be best for her, maybe knuckles for launch.
Morag gets several blades that work well for her throughout the story, but since she doesn't have anything right now it'd be best to open blades on her.

Looking rough.

You should toss Roc on Rex solely for having Smash which nets big potions and damage along with the evasion skill.
Right now I think it would be best to work on a Driver combo team until you get more story blades. With Wulfric Rex has Break and Topple with Pyra. Toss any fist weapon on nia for Launch and you can Smash with Roc.
Driver combos are the key to damage and you can further your damage by weaving the Elemental combos inbtween it for various bonuses on top of damage.

If you still have any Overdrive Protocols, use one to send Boreas over to Nia. She will benefit from him WAY more than Morag would. You want Morag to grab aggro and keep it and for Nia to do the opposite.
Also this is a light spoiler, but you'll get a good tank Blade for Morag just by playing through the game, so don't worry too much about her.

It's monster's size more than levels that really factor how long a monster fight will be. Also it helps to get stat boosts off of the type of based on what you have, attack, tank and healer. Your current set up all have mixtures.

Also if you're in Letherian, did you take the left or right path? Right path is harder.

Morag with her next history Blade plus Kassandra should be more than enough for the complete game, it's usually more useful to open crystals with Nia (or Zeke if you plan to use him in this part of the game).

Also putting an ether canon on Nia along with 2 healers works well if you want more damage, if you have the luck to get KosMos on her you will be doing insane damage due to her having higher ether stat.

Fusion combos are your biggest source of damage. You want to do Blade combos (the element combo) and Driver combos (Break, Topple, Launch, Smash) at the same time. The higher both tiers are, the greater the benefits.

For most regular fights he won't have the time to do that, his arts and blades should still recharge relatively slowl at this point.

Well if fights are taking a while, then at least initiating a Fusion combo should speed it up. Plus, they give bonus XP, which is always nice.

I have two Overdrive Protocols so I can move some blades around if needed.

I understand the break topple stuff, it's similar to how XC1 and XCX played but I can't rely on having certain skills cause of the blade summoning system.

I'm actually still at the boss fight at the factory with the two Torna members, I lost twice.

I don't have the DLC if it matters.

Make sure you don't neglect your pouch items. They can make a huge difference, especially the art charging ones.

Even if Blade pulls are random, each weapon will always have the same set of Arts for each character, so you can still plan around that.
Also don't worry about losing to the Chapter 4 Torna bosses, they kicked my ass too. It was Mikhail's Stellar Explosion that kept fucking me up. If you can't kill him before he does that, either use a Level 4 Special or a Chain Attack. Both of them grant you invincibility.
Once he's down Patroka should be a cakewalk since she's made of paper mache.

If you like the game just get the DLC now, it's totally worth it, Torna is a great campaign and you also get extra Rare Blades for the main game and a handful of extra overdrive protocols along other smaller things like extra quests.

I forgot pouch items were a thing I'll look into them. I might get the dlc next paycheck. I've been enjoying the game. My only real gripe is the compass is fucking useless and I'm lost 90% of the time.