Fantastic game which was utterly enjoyable from start to finish

>Fantastic game which was utterly enjoyable from start to finish

Oh well why not play it again th-
>Absolutely no desire to replay it

Why? I absolutely loved it and should want to play it again, but I don't.

Attached: sekiro-shadows-die-twice-wallpaper.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ilE64ihGF4
nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/116
youtube.com/watch?v=gjEZl01pTpk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wait a few months, not every game has to be instantly replayable

Because there's no real ways to experiment and come up with new shit to do due to prosthetics being secondary to R1 spam and blocking. It's not like DMC5 where no two strings of SSS ranks are the same.

I’ve not played it but from what I’ve seen, there are no builds? Do you decide attributes at start and level up how you want? If not that can kill replay ability, not being able to change play style.

Also what above said, can’t expect to want to play a game again right away

Attached: 71055B3D-8D7B-4E17-8178-A9B21EF7EBAA.jpg (123x144, 8K)

Cause after losing my nerves for almost 50 hours on first playthrough and finally attaining inner peace and satisfaction by finishing it I no longer have interest to suffer again.

why do you have to immediately replay a game? You own it, you can play it whenever you want.

but you played on easy. the real game is ng+ with no charm and the bell activated.

Personally have played through it 4 times now and enjoyed it every time, actually enjoyed it more the later playthroughas because i had enough money to buy unlimited spirit emblems and upgraded all prosthetic fully (meaning they were actually useful) it takes like 5 hours to run through the game if you already beat it. Will probably be a couple of months before i play it again though.

I own it physical though, and it's still worth good money. I'll probably trade it in on Monday at GAME and get an £X amount giftcard.

I loved Sekiro and it's by far my favourite game of the last 2 years, but fucking hell it has absolutely no replay value at all.

It's ok. Was the same for me too. Got to beating genny on the roof and got instantly bored.

PSMovie game button masher for the zoomer crowd
I wonder why you don't want to replay it.

>Because there's no real ways to experiment and come up with new shit to do due to prosthetics being secondary to R1 spam
Thats not true at all actually.

No real reason to beyond seeing if I've mastered it and a sense of catharsis of learning. I agree with you, but my sense of oneness came from that second time like a kid marching into school with a shotgun "How do you like me now, Owl? you cunt!"

Because you didn't actually like the game as much as you are saying. You're more than likely a false-flagging Soulsfag or BBfag.

You didn't even play the best half of the game.

Sekiro is like opposite Dark Souls. The shittiest part of the game is Ishina Outskirts and the Castle area, which arr at the beginning.

Those parts are both great though. Sekiro really doesn't have any shitty parts. Just parts that are too short like Mibu village and Sunken Valley.

Honestly, it's this. The game gave you no room to experiment. Do it one way, or you will not win.

I've seen it. The story didnt grip me as much as I hoped. I'm now finished with it.

I did, I really did. It reminded me of played Da for the first time. It was incredible.

Having said that, it was also very hard. Definitely harder than DaS or BB. I just wish it kept to the stat and build system DaS has instead of the much linier more system of BB.

I beat the game, this was NG+

Do you have every trophy yet?

If not, you're not finished yet

Attached: 1412566755313.png (500x500, 8K)

They should have made areas more interesting/challenging to go through, as it stands every playthrough past ng might as well be a boss rush.
It's definitely a great game, but not the legendary kind that can keep you satisfied for hundreds of hours like dark souls 2

Your post made it seem like you got bored and quit after the first Genchiro fight.

>Do it one way, or you will not win.
That is not the case at all. Are you people retarded? I swear you idiots didn't even try to use the tools for more than 10 seconds before giving up because the game didn't just hand you free kills when you used them.

>afraid to replay because cheesed by luck bosses
Imagine being that pussy

Ashina outskirts would be great if it wasn't so fucking linier and samey looking. For the first 3 hours of the game you feel like the environment is NEVER going to change.

not him but I'm genuinely curious what your answer is because I don't see how you could think that

Nah, like OP, the game was great but I got about halfway through and lost focus. Sorry for the confusion

Why the fuck would you ever trade in a game? Wtf is wrong with you? Take advice from an old idiot, never ever ever trade in your games. It's not worth the monetary loss and you'll always regret it later.

You got halfway through, lost focus, but then still went on to do a NG+ run?

there's plenty to experiment with. hell, for weeks after release everyone thought high monk was shit until they realized it's super fucking good and then it got nerfed. just because the game doesn't hold your hand with stats and builds doesn't mean there isn't room to experiment and become more stylish. have you never played an action game before?

this
had a jew of an older brother who used to sell my games when i was 'done' with them when i was younger and i resent it

That's not what you said though. That doesn't even make any sense. Why are you lying to anonymous people on the internet?

Read again. I went straight back in there and trounced the old fuck. It felt good, very good.

The guy's point is why should you use high monk when you can R1? You're projecting mad hard with this "game doesn't hold your hand" shit. I went to NG+4 just to do achievements to force myself to get more out of the game.

Game's like DMC have a reward for doing stylish shit whether it's effective or not. It's fun that way, and a lot of times those options are good. I have no reason to use high monk for any fucking reason. I don't even like it. I like Ichimongi double and I still basically never used it, it's effective in very specific situations, but I have no need for it.

Nigga what?

I'm 28 now and I've been trading in games since my mum first let me trade in games at the age of 10 or something. I've never had a single regret from doing it. If I'm done with something I sell it and always have done. Same with consoles. Hell, I used to rent my PS2 out to friends for weed. For an eighth you got it for 4 nights with 4 vidya of your choice.

I finally beat Genichiro for the first time, and the reason it took me so long was because I was experimenting with the upgraded spear, the upgraded fire cracker, and the umbrella shield. All of these were a complete fucking waste to use when compared to shuriken+R1 skill-that-closes-distance.

When I first met Snake Eyes Shirafuji, I thought
>Oh, a use for the umbrella prosthetic.
Nope, you can block the bullets with your sword and the fight goes immensely faster.

Sell 'em on ebay instead.
That got me as well, I thought using the sword to block bullets they'd shoot anywhere else. Apparently not.

I hate everything about you

Attached: 1547266386290.jpg (626x496, 41K)

Anyone else think this games pacing is really fucked?
You kill a boss, then ten minutes later you're fighting the next boss. It's just roadblock after roadblock. Which is fine and all but I'd like some more downtime between bosses of just normal stealthing around

>tfw i've been stuck between guardian ape and corrupted monk illusion for a week

I DID MY TIME

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 56K)

It's all this guy is known for, let him make a quick buck with the new generation of "gamers"

Attached: Famitsu_Miyazaki.jpg (640x426, 46K)

Why?

If I'm done with something I'm done with it. Sell it while it still holds value. It's not like I cant buy it again at some point at a massive knockdown price.

I very rarely sell vidya, I mostly trade it in. With the credit I get I usually buy another game. Not only am I getting rid of something I no longer have any immediate desire to play, I'm also stimulating the used game market.

You're probably burnt out. Try coming back to it after a week or two. Go play other games.

Attached: 1554746653954.jpg (780x768, 279K)

The game is still designed around multiple builds but has also taken them out. The result is a gaping hole where either the replayability or extra compensatory content should be, but instead there is nothing.
Also the game recyles its enemies alot so in one playthrough you've already fought most enemies enough times for two playthroughs.

It's like a weird alternate Bloodborne, where Bloodborne was both a complete product AND had Chalice Dungeons on the side. Like any Souls entry it had recycling, but had exclusive Dungeon enemies on the side. Sekiro does the opposite by removing content and then removing even more content from what's left.

Sekiro should not have been in the Souls engine and not used Souls mechanics, it just makes the lack all the more noticeable.

>Illusion Monk

How? He has one fucking healthbar!

Just beat Genichiro on ng+
holy fuck took me like 20 tries but I did it.

Attached: 1554330321131.jpg (750x727, 577K)

my hits barely do any damage and she slices thru my blocks somehow

No charm?

its just MGR: souls edition

combat has no depth besides dude parry lmao

i have no desire to replay 95% of the games i finish
the remaining 5% i might or might not replay anyway
so replay value is irrelevant to me, backlog too large to care about this shit

no charm/bell demon of course.

So do we have an idea of which character is, lore-wise, the most powerful?

Isshin and Sekiro have to be at the top but I'm wondering if there's any item descriptions or lore talking about someone else.

>no build variety
>completely worthless ng+
>no fashion
>no interesting npc quests with alternate endings
>no invasions/assists

theres literally no point to ever replay it. I already returned it tbqh

Attached: retard.jpg (266x300, 14K)

Are you fucking stupid?

Pop a divine confetti and beat his ass to death. Did you beat O'rin?

no depth > depth

Attached: 1541353493503.jpg (637x706, 74K)

Lady Tomoe and Sekiro. Then Isshin. Then everyone else.

POWERGAP
KEEP ON GOING
ALMOST THERE
Genichiro the Jobber.

>Looking for deep lore in a game without any lore

Yeah, this isn't DaS. Even the items descriptions are lazy/non-existent.

This game is probably the closest we have for a boss rush available since it’s so easy to skip almost everything else without feeling like you’re underlevelled since beating bosses determines your attack power anyway. I think I’ve replayed Sekiro more than the first Dark Souls because of this

To be fair, it's also soooo much shorter becuase you don't even have to worry about picking anything up. I have beaten the game like 5 times in 50 hours. That's usually a little more than my average first time playthrough of any souls game. Coincidentally, bloodborne also took me way less time.

It seems like I parry his underhanded swing perfectly and still get flung up into the air.

Also those moments when she got me stuck into a corner and all I can do is deflect perfectly to survive while the camera is all fucked was pretty clutch.

This
take the witcher games for instance

>No soul level
>No shields
>No co-op OR pvp multiplayer
>difficulty almost nonexistant; no fall damage, falling off a cliff wraps you back to land, double jumping, you literally get a free resurrection every time you rest at an idol and can regain it by killing enemies. REVIVES.
>You only lose half your stuff on death not even all of it, Unseen Aid gives you a chance to even keep all of it
>Literally one main weapon and some mediocre subweapons
>No character customization
>Set in one of the most cliche and overdone eras in history
>Stupid prosthetic arm, why?
>Stupid ass James Bond grappling hook saves you from any difficult encounters
>Confusing title (how does a shadow die twice?)
Even the mighty must fall, this looks like trash, who else is ready for From's first major flop?

Yes. I did. Yes.

the worst thing about this game compared to other soulsbornes is that bosses are the only fun part. I end up running past regular enemies here because there are only 10 of them that get recycled over and over.

>looks like
confirmed for not playing it.
go pirate and play or fuck off, faggot.

Based Nintendies and Co-Op babies.

The Witcher 3 was barely playable, let alone re-playable.

It was more boring and mundane than Skyrim.

iirc that guy's posture damage doesn't start actually increasing until you get his health down to a certain point. like 70%.

>who else is ready for From's first major flop?
is this copy pasta saved from before its release?

Attached: derp.png (844x701, 454K)

He's right on all the points tho, even if he didn't play it. Hope he doesn't play it at all, else he's going to realize what a joke the whole game is, the combat in particular.

And tbqh it's not worth it to fight the enemies because if you fuck up fighting them most of them can decimate your health bar fairly fast. Why should I scrap with some low level mobs and risk having to use up 1 or 2 of my already limited heals when I can just sprint around them and go right to the boss fully intact? You can get through majority of the game this way, and by the time you actually may need to level you can just grind the post owl ashina outskirts for like 20 minutes and have enough money and skill points for whatever you want, pop some balloons and you'll be drowning in Sen and upgrade materials

BASED dark souls 2 kid

I have never replayed a game, watched a movie again (unless someone wanted to watch it with me) or read a book again. I guess I just crave new experiences. The closest thing to replaying is beating all of the missions in monster hunter (which is essentially playing it over and over since monsters repeat)

>Beat O'rin
>Can't beat Monk

How? Literally how? She hits like a fucking tank. When I fought her I had 4 neckless vitality and she could shred my entire healthbar in 4 consecutive hits. Cunt Monk is nowhere near that dangerous.

also since the prosthetic weapons are basically inconsequential except for super niche scenarios, I beat the game with maybe like 3 prosthetic upgrades. It doesn't matter. There's no reason to fight lower level enemies except to explore without the hassle.

>tfw got guardian ape stuck in a corner
HOW DOES IT FEEL NOW GAME?

Prosthetics were so underused and it's a major major bummer because they're honestly pretty cool. They're just not worth the cost. I dont want to outright say they should be free because obviously shurikens would trivialize the entire game, maybe instead of spirit emblems a cool down? Or maybe just let you carry like 50 emblems at a time. Even fifty I feel like would not justify the use I say make it 100 you can carry at a time. And why the fuck do the good weapon arts use spirit emblems as well? Why use a dinky little shurikin at all at that point when you can just mortal blade shit over and over again busting through any sort of block and doing huge amounts of damage? They should have taken out the prosthetics entirely and just used that time to add another area to the game or something the amount of time they took deciding the effects and balancing them and figuring out when you should be allowed to upgrade them was utterly wasted

Tfw beat every boss besides DoH, damn I even have the fire umbrella but he just wrecks me, in 15 attempts I still haven deathblowed him once, farthest I got was like 20%, this burn status just fucks ny shit up, i also have the fire gourd. Tips pls i am trying to stay close/behind him without lock on and hitting him but then he jumps away and when i get close i get burned

The Spiral Spear is a boss killer.
>1 emblem to use
>Damages vitality and posture through blocked targets
>Has good range with moderate damage
>Fast to use

It's the best prosthetic in the whole game.

How do you get him stuck in a corner? The area you fight him in is rounded.

Just do what I did cheese him off the cliff then tell everyone you beat him fair and square :)

He ran back into an edge and I kept attacking him while his AI kept trying to run away. Was weird, only happened once.

Does this work on the latest ps4 patch?

>Haven't deathblowed him once

Not even the very first time when he's fighting a bunch of NPC enemies? Nigga that was your best opportunity right there. There's a whole bunch of those guys shooting at him when you first arrive at the Idol.

It's good against the ape in headless form. It pulls out the centipede and does some good damage. But there's like one move you can do that after. I honestly used firecrackers and the flame vent almost exclusively. I tried to use Sabimaru like 50 times but it's just so fucking worthless. I wasted all my upgrades on it. Firecrackers are the most useful by far

but shura ending is so lame

I'm not sure actually I noticed today that without mentioning it at least in like the major stories (they may have mentioned it in like some official patch notes somewhere) they patched the "glitch," (idk if it was really a glitch in the strictest sense of the word) where if you throw a shard at o'rin from behind you get a free backstab so they may or may not have patched DoH falling off the cliff as well

I tried that time but I mostly used that opportunity to study his patterns, I thought the npcs would respawn.

Sabimaru is good for the Snake Eye cunts. I used my lapis on it solely so I would be able to fuck them up asap in NG+.

got it in 50 hours, accidentally took one too many NG cycles to do it. It still feels so short and low on content. I still liked it a lot though.

I use flame vent because she's undead, and when she starts burning, you get like 8 free hits as they crisp to death. On top of the burning damage itself. So much more worth it. Sabimaru also takes like fucking 6 spirit emblems and 50 attacks without interruption to get the poison.

Firecrackers are a literal meme. 2 emblems to use the Long Fuse and all it does it stun an enemy allowing you to get one cheesed hit in.

It's fucking garbage.

I used the delayed release. It let me get multiple hits in and they do extra damage. It was especially good on the last boss. It's not so much about getting the free hits, it's that it stops the boss from whatever they do and make them sit the fuck still for a second. That's why it's good in my eyes.

To be fair I thought they would as well.

It's a free heal or usually about two direct hits. Use three times at the start of a healthbar and you can immediately do enough damage to reduce stamina regen.

Somehow I just deathblowed DoH twice without dying but his new attacks fucked me up, the new danger signs are sweeps? Also the meteors got me, i was running out if umbrella uses

>Free heal

It's not free. It uses 2 emblems. A free heal would be running away, getting some distance, and then chugging. Using Firecrackers to heal is probably the most retarded thing in the whole game when most of the time you can just run away to heal safely.

I started NG+ and took a different end game path than the first time. It's pretty speedy user, your subsequent times through are almost like a boss only run because of how little exploring grants you.

Don't trade it in there might be a DLC expansion to it coming especially with the Divine Child ending.

Lazulite version is actually much quicker even before patch, but flame vent is probably still a better use of emblems. Tough choice though, listen to them scream from burning or hack and cough from poison? Their suffering is so satisfying both ways.

I just wanna not die so much

I havent even made it past first Juzou

Attached: 4r977v8leap21.jpg (718x1061, 104K)

you're still learning the mechanics and probably trying to play like its souls
once you understand how the game works its pretty easy.

It is, but only because snake eyes is such a fucking annoying enemy. She almost begs to be killed in the worst ways

I almost finished my ng+ run: playing without kuro's charm was enough of a step up to keep me interested. I'll probably wait for dlc to come out before I attempt another run tho.

>Fighting Isshin
>Phase 2 of his fight
>He suddenly pulls out a fucking gun and shoots me dead

Fair.

I played without the charm and used the bell in NG++ and it honestly feels like almost the same shit. The only noticeable difference without the charm was that the chained ogre straight up one shot me with the grab. Yeah I got scooped, I get it.

I am not deflecting attacks because in my mind it feels like parrying or something off. I need to do that more often, I know what my faults are but the game is unrelenting.

Not that it's a bad thing, I dont condone "easy mode" and all that shit.

I am actually more impressed overall that the game has taken so much of my time to jump these hurdles, back to old school gaming reminiscence.

Attached: 7lZwLKc.jpg (511x606, 87K)

HESITATION

Keep playing, user. You simply have to persevere.

Attached: ssdt14.jpg (255x383, 13K)

>I am not deflecting attacks because in my mind it feels like parrying or something off
I had the same struggles. You have to unlearn a lot of what DaS taught you, I was so hellbent on dodging being my saving grace that it took me a handful of hours in Sekiro to get deflecting down.

... Is unfair?

>which arr at the beginning
fucking pirate scum

>Why? I absolutely loved it and should want to play it again, but I don't.

I hate the concept of NG+. I mean, I just finished the game and now... I´m done with it. I think there is nothing wrong with it, because I had a blast. I never played any souls game more than once so far, and that´s fine. I´ll keep the second playthrough for these games to some point in the future. To a point, where I hopefully forgot most of it, so I can experience it "new" again.

Also, it´s really a one-off game imo, even more than dark souls, because you are locked into one playstyle basically.

Attached: D4Z7QedWsAALH4U.jpg (1600x1600, 390K)

>I am not deflecting attacks because in my mind it feels like parrying or something off
better fix that shit right quick, deflection is basically the main combat tool, it's as important if not more important than attack. also don't dodge as much as you probably are, it has its uses but it's not your bread and butter defensive too like it is in soulsborne.

That is exactly my case, I think I can ninja dodge everything but the rolls arent there, and i frames arent as forgiving. I have a while to go. Thanks for the words of encouragement

Lack of playstyle diversity. The game was an absolute hoot but it lacks entirely on what the souls series has with it's huge arsenal of weapons and magics. I think overall the experience is much tighter, but lacks the staying power the souls series had with the build diversity and multiplayer.

It really isn´t as bad as it seems at first, that nigger has shit poise, so just keep learning his patterns and you´ll fuck him up in no time.

NG+ has nothing new beyond the charm which is okay I guess but after two other games since DS2 you'd think Miyazaki would learn from the one thing people universally liked about 2 but I guess not. That and as others have said prosthetics and combat arts don't really change the way you play or offer options beyond being less efficient damage dealers on average.

This. Prosthetics should've worked like secondary weapons with full movesets instead of consumable shit you only use a few times.

Yeah, you'll get it. What helped me is you need to stop thinking in terms of soulsborne and that you should beat every opponent by draining their health bar. Most Sekiro enemies are not like this at all. Instead, focus on filling up their posture meter and breaking them down for the critical hit.

I can't even find the will to play, and I'm only a few hours in.

Like, I didn't really expect to ever say this, but...Sekiro is just another painfully "meh" Fromsoft game, and the retarded difficulty is the reason. I've already done this dance with half a dozen other games, and this time I just can't be bothered to give a shit. I don't have fun anymore fighting the same bosses over and over to get better; I actually just want to play the same and see the story, and the difficulty and retarded combat just feel more like a cheap gimmick to ride the "git gud hurr durr" meme bandwagon than anything else. I also just genuinely hate the combat. Trying to parry and block feels janky as shit, and enemy tracking is fucking lulworthy.

Funny thing is, I have no problem still playing Nioh and Bloodborne. It can't just be me, right? I want to like this so bad, but it's just boring the fuck out of me, and I'd rather just play something else.

Don't talk shit, m8. To drain a boss posture bar you basically need to kill half their half first. If they have a lot of health their posture bounces back really fast. You HAVE to damage their health.

Looking back, the whole game feels like a massive gimmick.

>enemy tracking
I dunno man, I thought this was, by a country mile, the best FROM has ever handled tracking. I can only think of a time or two with one set of enemies that seemed to do the typical "spin on a top and rotate 270 degrees to cuck you" move.
I'm not calling you a liar, I just think on the whole this is much more fair then their other games when it comes to shit like that. If it isn't clicking for you, it isn't clicking.

>trying to parry and block feels janky as shit

You wot? That shit is generous as hell me boy, you lose parry frames if you spam that shit so actually time your deflects and you'll be good to go. It becomes fun once you get a grip on all the basic mechanics and each fight turns into a very flashy clash of superior Japanese steel.

>You HAVE to damage their health.
For some of the major end game bosses, yeah, you need to get their health down in order to keep their posture full, but it;s not a requirement for the vast majority of bosses and enemies. If you felt it was, you simply backed out of fights too often instead of pressing your opponent, or couldn't manage your own posture very well.

You don't have to damage their health if you're aggressive enough. They can't recover posture if they're always taking posture damage.

Since there's really no different builds to experiment with, I've been doing some challenge runs and whatnot. It's not as autistic as speedrunning but still makes multiple playthroughs interesting.

What are you, a From Software developer?

I've played the game. Most of the time this posture system is so worthless you end up bringing down all the enemy health just to perform a deathblow.

Just give the enemy one health bar. This deathblow business IS a gimmick.

you don't have to parry her
play it like a souls game and wait out the combo

>youtube.com/watch?v=4ilE64ihGF4
OH NONONONONO
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>he fell for the rejuvenation waters meme

>Most of the time this posture system is so worthless you end up bringing down all the enemy health just to perform a deathblow.

Stop playing the game like a souls game, instead of retreating and looking for openings you need to be hyper aggressive. Make the openings, keep the enemy on their back foot. You have counters to every single enemy attack, sweeps you can goomba stomp, stabs you can step on and regular swings you can deflect. Grabs are easily evaded and often leave enemies open to regular swings.

>Most of the time this posture system is so worthless you end up bringing down all the enemy health just to perform a deathblow.
Laughingwhores.jpg

>What are you, a From Software developer?
No, just somebody who isn't complete shit at games and can learn on the fly to handle a game built around posture and deflect instead of soulsborne i-frames and rolls.
>Most of the time this posture system is so worthless
Ah, got it, so you're either baiting for (You)s or an absolute mongoloid. Nice job, got me to reply again.

Speaking of parrying and posture and the DoH is it better to parry his attacks instead of constantly hitting him? I am guessing you are not supposed to parry the flame ones right? I think my mistake was not locking since I kept trying to deflect but had my back towards him (since the camera sucks) and kept getting hit. I will try parrying more while locked on. Also why do you get a rope prompt on his second phase if you cant even get it without getting hit since the fire covers the whole field basically.

I didn't really parry at all when I fought him, although I guess you could use it when you know that it's going to be a pure physical attack.

You will have the desire to play it again. Just not immediately.
The games has no immediate replay value due to no builds or different ways to play the game.
You'll come back to it in a year or so.

Any tips for Emma/Isshin, lads? On NG+ and this is the first I've fought her. Haven't done many attempts yet but I'm struggling to keep my own posture bar down and build hers even a little.

Corrupted Monk illusion is fucking bullshit

it worked well for putting down for a week and picking it back up to continue playing. i still need to finish heart of stone and the other one

Pussy. NG with no charm and demon bell is the way to go.

No it's not, stop complaining and practice

Emma is easy same with first phase isshin since they have almost identical combos
for the second phase isshin I cheesed him with shadowfall

the only time snap seeds are actually useful

Just get the deflections down and practice baiting out the charge attacks so you can punish. Her moveset is similar to Isshin's. Deepest lore because Isshin taught her how to fight

i dunno the poison pit area with snake eyes seems pretty fucking shitty famalam

I wasted all of them already

How you can you practice when blocking arbitrarily stops working?

You have to fight him like a bloodborne boss. Don't even try to parry anything. Constantly dodge to the right and stay at his ass

You can jump kick counter their grabs.

Corrupted monk is easy as fuck to deflect, you probably have an input lag issue

Does “Wolf” have autistic?

>I wasted all of them already
The fight is a cinch without them. Each of his dark spirit summoned cuckboys attack you once and then disappear. Literally stand at the end of the bridge so they can't spawn in behind you and tap deflect. They'll disappear after each hit and then you're back to the Monk.
>How you can you practice when blocking arbitrarily stops working?
It only doesn't work when your posture bar is full. When it is, back off and let it cool down. Holding the deflect button also cools it off much faster. Practice deflecting his attacks, punish his mikiri counters, get ready to jump over his sweeping attack, and just run away from his massive five hit combo. When it's over, rush in and punish him for a few hits.

Out of all the Souls games, this is the one that I wanted to replay

That's because it's a good game, user. When you finish an actual good game you take time to reflect how good it was, and maybe in a few months you will want to experience it again. Bad games try to hook you into playing until you're bored and it leaves you with a lasting bad impression.

Is the spear any use against the Armored Warrior? The description and everything goes on and on about it being good for armor but I have my doubts.

The only attacks I parried were his stomps. I played DoH and Guardian Ape more like Monster Hunter.

Attached: Tonight, Biden Joins The Hunt.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

It’s retardedly easy on ng+

baka

The only enemies I know of that it tears off armor for are some of those big guys that carry like the bells, some of them have loose armor, otherwise no it doesnt rip off their armor unfortunately its misleading. What's cool is you can use it to spear the centipede inside the monkey after certain attacks that leave his neckhole facing you for a major stun

there is nothing to do. I did the best ending my first playthrough and then did the worst ending on my second playthrough i dont want to replay two more times for slightly different endings.

you should've played it on pc bro.
Game has tons of cosmetic changes on pc.
I played as a ton of different anime samurai.

Attached: 1438793324034.png (519x373, 254K)

skyrim is one of the most boring games of all time. at least witcher 3 had pretty good characters and unique quests not go to a draugr infested dungeon and get this item quest number 2000.

Guess I'll do a challenge run soon enough. Kind of a shame they didn't fix the camera though.

Is there a way to activate demon bell at the start of the game? Without being in NG+.

Dark Souls 3 was better.

i played through sekiro a few times before i got sick of it. it was fun experimenting with different prosthetics and using the demon bell/no kuro's charm to see if it was that much more difficult.

can't wait for the DLC. going to be kino. the only thing i absolutely hated was having to spend 8 hours farming for XP to get all the skills so i could platinum the game.

why the fuck would you trade in the game before the DLC comes out? old hunters was the best part of bloodborne.

return ending is setting up a sequel not a DLC. have no idea what they'll do with the DLC though, perhaps another memory type deal like hirata where we'll get to fight Tomoe and some other people.

Just beat the game tonight. Can a lorefag explain to me why Isshin pops out of Genichurro at the end and is the final boss despite him being a based good guy and helping you out all game?

emma isn't really that hard you'll get used to her after fighting her like 5 or 10 times (at least i did). isshin first phase isn't too bad either, pretty similar to sword saint phase one if i recall correctly.

for isshin phase 2 you can use the fire umbrella to avoid his fire attacks and when he does the entire room flame attack you can go to one of the corner snow patches and not get hurt. other than that just be aggressive and attack and deflect. use ichimonji when you can as well to do decent damage and take away some of your posture bar. i did him on NG+ as well so i could do the all bosses trophy.

oh also shadowrush is pretty good to save for isshin's second phase if you have it. he can't block it and you can hit him like 3 or 4 times on the way down.

chained ogre is harder than oniwa

Lady Butterfly is the hardest boss in Act 1. Yes, even harder than Genny

lol

Uh guys, what happened to my game?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (2592x1944, 1.33M)

Yeah, I died like 50 times before I said fuck I'll try Oniwa. Beat him on like my 3rd try.

I nearly had her with her second bar 75% done and her posture very nearly broken but she snuck a combo in

The first headless you can kill has a secret door behind it. Goes right to demon bell. After the first chained ogre

>mfw TIHYDP Sekiro comes out
>mfw it's 6 1/2 hours long
>mfw it's only part one
If we use DSP's average TIHYDP as a form of measurement, could we prove once and for all that Sekiro is harder than any Dark Souls game, and that all those who say otherwise are contrarian faggots?

Attached: bo18iypf9mu21.jpg (1125x1111, 58K)

Why is the snake in sunken valley just hovering there?
Am I supposed to be fighting snake in sunken valley?

I just blazed through my ng+ run, there's literally no reason to pick up any items or fight normal enemies. I already got every gourd seed and prayer bead on my first run as well as fully upgraded prosthetics (just need some lazulite). You fight almost every miniboss at least twice in a single playthrough and the only one I actually wanted to fight again was O'rin.
All that makes NG+ just a shitty boss rush with running around to progress between bosses. I absolutely love the game but it is not very replayable at all

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.04.14 - 23.15.42.13.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

>They're just not worth the cost. I dont want to outright say they should be free because obviously shurikens would trivialize the entire game
I tried the no spirit emblem cost for tool and yes, you can basically cheese all the enemies in the game just using the butterfly shurikens, they melt every enemy and boss in seconds while stunning them in palce.

I have to agree after struggling with Butterfly for 3-4 hours I took out the horse rider and the bull in under 3 tries. I think I killed horse guy on second. Genichiro took me at least 80-90 tries though, as I’m a shitter and this is my first From game.

That's because there's no multiplayer.

Attached: 1554480468501.png (911x585, 781K)

>I absolutely love the game but it is not very replayable at all
Same. I expected it going in without any classes or weapon variety but I would have liked if they made the items you found actually valuable. Like you I got through areas insanely fast the second time around, and I was still fighting every mini boss and attempting to not just sprint from boss to boss.
Outside of challenge runs or just pushing yourself to see how many times you can do NG+ it's not a game I'll come back to much.

It was just released you autistic shut-in

Go outside and have sex

You don't have to kill the headless. Just head over to the wall closest to the exit that takes you back to the outskirts, jump down, and run up the ramp.

i know what you mean, i'm kind of disappointed by the lack of areas with tons of normal enemies

No attributes or leveling up in sekiro. Only thing you can do is increase attack power after defeating bosses and increase vitality and posture after killing minibosses

kind of impressed you made it that far without learning to parry. you must be making the game really miserable for yourself.

i know what you mean but everything other than the bosses is just bland, boring garbage. it's the same derivative enemies over and over.i kind of wish they just had a mode where you can fight all the bosses without having to slog through the areas.

There are some bosses and minibosses that have really interesting uses for prosthetics though. Try using the umbrella against those shiggydiggy apparition minibosses or the spear against a certain ape you haven't reached yet. Hell, even snap seeds are insanely useful on a certain boss

Use snap seeds and see what happens. You are limited to five during the fight, but trust me on this. As for the ape, use the spear pull on the second phase after deflecting its big overhead swing

based and also redpilled and probably good at video games

Game journalist here. I wish Kuro was gay, then the game would be more playable.

>Oh, a use for the umbrella prosthetic.
You realize the reason you want to use the umbrella on projectiles is to store energy for the followup attack, right? Its not just to make blocking things easier.

>The guy's point is why should you use high monk when you can R1?
Because in certain situations high monk is way more effective than hitting R1? Are you stupid?

Butterfly was easier than Genichiro for me, but only because I realized you need to keep constant pressure on her. If you deflect all her combos and don't let her get away you can get the fight over with really fast

git gud

Have sex, Insekiro.

I feel the same.

No weapons to try, have to grind for exp to try new skill trees, no extra bosses, no beads or memories.

I think the strongest factor against replayability is the lack of coop. I always enjoyed cooping endgame, leveling stuff, trying builds.

I'm not saying Sekiro needs to be multiplayer, it simply needs a proper Ng+.

What's the deal with these blokes?

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190426221747.jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

No reason for exploration. No customization. No multiplayer. There's a reason DaS3 is still being played after 3 years.

I treated NG+ as a boss rush mode, and I'm surprised I beat them in one try this time (so far).

Also I'm sending Shamisen Bro to Doujun this time.

Attached: aoiphotos_21.png (800x800, 566K)

DMC5 is shit and I've beat Sekiro 5 times now whereas I struggle to stay awake after playing 3 missions of DMC5 in SOS

Because you know it will either be

>ng+ which will be mostly a cakewalk
>ng which you will be doing the same things AGAIN
>kuro charmless ng+ which is annoying

And you have done all of that, BB had different weapons for a slightly different experience, and souls had completely different builds for different experiences. Sekiro is a sword, thats it, and everyone told you this was going to happen. Also no MP so no invasion or co-op shenanigans, just like we said, AGAIN.

Sekiro is a damn good game, but i probably wont touch it again in a long time, maybe in a couple of years.

A question about ending guys. I'm on my first playthrough going for the best ending (the one with the frozen tears). I wanted to fight the boss on the second version of Hirata Estate, but was afraid that would lock me to another ending. Now I've defeated the fountainhead boss and didn't get the charm from Emma to redo Hirata beforehand. Can I still access the area or is it too late? And can I clear Hirata Estate a second time and still get the best ending?

Clearing Hirata 2 doesn't look you into its ending. The final scene where you can decide which ending you get can get 3 choices.

Just beat the game. Shit was cash. Any suggestions for other single player games? Of any genre

I replayed it more than any From game because the mechanics, movement, environments and characters are all far better, and there are no shitty or tedious areas. Only mentally retarded muh variety and PvP viabilityfags pretend this game isn't worth replaying, and nothing they say matters.

>no build variety
True for all souls games. Str or dex builds (maybe going quality later) are always the most fun. Magic and ranged weapons are stupid memes and not worth playing under any circumstances.
>completely worthless ng+
True for all souls games. DS2 has a couple of fun things but it's still the same shit.
>no fashion
Not sure about this since I haven't actually played the game lol
>no interesting npc quests with alternate endings
True for all souls games. OK, there are like three quests in the whole series with interesting alternate endings.
>no invasions/assists
Multiplayer is for noobs and autists.

Attached: 1549794725_2132_10022019_275x272.png (275x272, 55K)

Yeah, I wish there were more poorly designed, long, linear areas with lots of enemies to jump out of random holes and attack me.

Should I start over bros? I'm at the owl fight and a part of me just wants to go back to the beginning and do a little better.

Could Sekiro's combat system work in a multiplayer game?

Well shit. I knew I shouldn't have killed the dragon right as I found it, why must you make that fight so easy from? Can I still use Emma for gourd seeds or is that gone as well?

Don't. The owl fight is a good way to improve yourself and you can access an updated Hirata Estate afterwards

I’m on the Genichiro right. Honestly, one of the better boss fights in the souls series because if you know enough about the combat in the game, you’ll beat him. Every time you lose to him, it’s because of user error, not because of him pulling off some bullshit like Lady Butterfly.

>would learn from the one thing people universally liked about 2
There is literally not a single redeeming feature in 2.

I don't know man.
I'm on my third playthrough and I'm still enjoying it.

at least it aint 3

Try actually exploring throughout the game. There's a chest near Isshin's room that spells it out.

FUUUUU alright I'll keep going. Lol'ing at all the MUH CUSTOMIZATION fags in this thread

LOL'ING AT YOUR FUCKING LIVES

Sekiro>BB=DeS>DaS1=DaS3>>>eating actual dogshit>>>DaS2
Remember, "Build variety, fashion and PvP are more important than combat mechanics and level design" means "I'm a massive cocksucking faggot and any opinion I have about video games is inherently worthless."

ng+ toolless charmless demon bell on is such a good experience
I kept sakura droplet too

Attached: sekiro_2019_04_24_23_11_23_574.jpg (2560x1440, 2.94M)

I'm not gonna post that one copypasta but if you don't think the one thing DS2 got great praise for is it's implementation of NG+ you're just intentionally ignorant or lying.

Lmao who the fuck replays games. What are you poor? Just buy a new one faggot

You mean the copypasta list that an actually retarded person spams where half of the list is wrong, and the other half is just things that are actually bad, but the idiot who wrote it thinks it's good because the game caters to his shit idea of what PvP balancing should be?

nexusmods.com/sekiro/mods/116
If you’re not using this mod you haven’t beat the game yet

Yes because it's a shitposting list you dumbass, it's a joke.

>Yes because it's a shitposting list
It's not shitposting when the person who wrote it genuinely believes it.

THIS

I have beaten the game and all bossese except Old Isshin and Sword bitch in the shura ending,but i havent played the game since i beat SS isshin.

In fact i haven't even gotten any endings yet cause i need to buy PS+ just to be able to copy a damn save file(fuck you sony), so i can get 2 endings from one play through.

Sekiro is such a pain in the ass that once you beat it you feel closure and then your done with it casue NG+ is going to be the same things except with more tedious hp sponges and 1 hit kills.

After i beat NG2 360 on master ninja i jumped straight back into the game cause Ninja gaiden has the prefect blend of difficulty and replay value unlike sekiro

Attached: both please.gif (398x223, 941K)

That's another issue entirely when it's usually posted for bait regardless of one's opinions on DS2s quality.
For me: BB>DS2: Scholar>Sekiro>Demon's>DS1>>>>>>>DS3

Don't bully Genichiro, please.

>still can't beat Genichiro on NG+ with charm and bell
How do I do it Yea Forums? I've lost count of how many times I've died.

Soulsborne replay-ability comes from the PVP and many types of builds and armor you can do/collect. I've made so many characters on DS3 and I've had fun every playthrough.
Sekiro I couldn't be assed to do NG+ even though I enjoyed the fuck out of the game. It's a shame there's only one weapon and no armor, but whatever.

hopefully Sekiro 2 adds new weapons when he journeys west with his little rice loli

Attached: 1520760679482.jpg (800x600, 36K)

No, I beat the game, started up NG+, got through most of the mini bosses and then genichiro on the roof, which I assume is the midpoint, beat him and then got instantly bored

I kinda wanna fight DoH again but I dont feel like working towards that point

>One-shot the Monk illusion on my first time on surprise with 2 flasks remaining + demon bell
literally just run away and hit between his massive openings. ill never get how people have trouble with this boss.

What did you find unfair about Lady butterfly? She's one of my favorite fights alongside Genichiro, didn't find it unfair at all. Corrupted monk illusion on the other hand.....

Who should I send to bandit merchant? Pretty sure I don't want to send anyone to the dungeon doctor.

Why would you want to instantly replay a game just after finishing it? The most I've replayed repeatedly was DX every year or so over the past 15 years to the point where I'm just waiting to forget enough of it to replay it again, but I wouldn't replay something in one and the same year.

Kotaro, if you want him to have a good death instead of a happy life.

Even if you stick around and parry his pattern isn't terribly hard to handle
Attack flurries are pretty much a huge opening to rack up massive posture damage on a boss, assuming you've been parrying like you should rather than holding block down the entire time

There's no tricks or fancy things she does like Butterfly, either Owl, or pretty much any other boss in the game. Just parry her shit then smack her when she's open. The fucking ape had more tricks up its sleeve than she does

>playing on No charm + BD run
>mini-boss is now boss
>literally having a blast
mad fun
literally either parry perfectly or slowly die game

Attached: dancing xiao.gif (491x704, 3.22M)

t. filtered

nigga hes nothing try owl 2
literally buttfucked by big dad

Attached: owl(father) pepe.jpg (1125x1080, 806K)

What was the boss that made you redefine getting gud? For me it's Juzou

Attached: pepe lady butterfly.jpg (1081x1080, 775K)

This

Owl 2 took me the longest out of any boss, totaling at about 2 hours of retries.
I beat Lady Butterfly first try so I can't relate to people calling her hard.
Double Monkey trouble blows hard cocks and after doing it charmless demon on NG+ I will never do that fight again

Attached: IMG_8309.jpg (265x443, 42K)

>spoiler
I did that toolless and holy fucking shit its actually horrible. literal nightmare

>no charm + BD
>oldman isshin killed
>owl 2 killed
>double monkey and SS Isshin left
damn bro dont scared me

I'm on NG+ right now, charmless, and I thought it'd be fun to try the double monkey skip this time around

On one hand I'm kinda glad I did, but on the other hand I'm regretting it a bit because I'm starting to feel like charmless is how the game is supposed to be played. I'm also going shura this time around, but I'm worried I'm missing out on a great fight for SS Isshin without the charm

same. it's gameplay is not varied. you get burned out.

>being so scared of losing you stop playing a game

lmoe

dumb frog poster

That's great OP. But why did you make this thread?

Why would people (adults or teens with a job) play a game twice? That's just a waste of time. Everyone these days has a mile long backlog of new games they've never even tried. Only those speedrunning autists replay games. Only exception seems to be nostalgic replays but that's like 10 years later when you've forgotten most of the game.

Replaying games over and over is what children do because they can't afford anything new.

Attached: 15337472_374072682938105_4377658984710807881_n.jpg (958x719, 53K)

I just did it bros
last boss was really satisfying
I felt like I actually overcame something

whats frog

Guys I'm on SS Isshin. I feel fucked.

I keep dying and using my spirit emblems, I had 100 and now I'm at fucking 57. I can't fight him without them and grinding for them is boring as fuck. I'm stuck. Any tips?

Attached: 1487235609490.png (480x482, 188K)

>tfw on lady butterfly
>shes giving me a hard time
>using my r1 l1 ability with the spin
>keep doing it
>shes in a lock, can't recover
>I get one deathblow without getting any damage dealt to me
>do this again for her second phase
>take 1/4 of her health
>she breaks free
>lock her again
>rinse and repeat

Get good fags.

Attached: 1477981780384.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

most of his moves have an appropriate response that doesn't require using emblems

You mean all of them.

>get to genichiro
>make it to electricity mode on first try
>even make decent way into the phase deflecting lighting the first time
>time
>can't make it to electricity phase ever since
God damn. I hate when that happens.

>contrarians keep saying game has no variety
>play through the game 3 times before feeling satisfied
I couldn't bring myself to start a NG+ in soulsborne games but sunk day after day of time in Sekiro NG+. Beating the game on its real difficulty w/o charm+rung bell, getting the better ending, unlocking strongest prosthetics. Unless you're a PvPfag it's a much better game mechanically. Visual customization would've been nice but the impact of different weapons and armors has been replaced by combat arts and prothetics. Going back to locking that utility behind specific gear would be a downgrade now but I do hope the cosmetics are revived and magicfags get their bullshit again. How many people are just mad they can't cast ranged magic to win on everything? Lol

>patch hits
>leaping kick fags got btfo
>my waifu spiral passage got a massive buff so bestowal + sugar + spiral passage = power of god and anime and my side

Attached: 1556311117653.jpg (1032x1500, 862K)

Take time in learning his moves to the point where you can keep constant pressure and deflect everything. Here are a few tips:
If he shoots an arrow while on the ground it'll be followed by a roll and sword attack
If he jumps back he'll fire three arrows in succession
If he leans forward and hold the sword at his side for a while, he'll do a long combo with a succession of quick slashes (best posture damage right here)
From phase one to phase two the only difference is that he can now follow up his jump attack with either a thrust or a sweep. Just watch if he starts to rotate his body after the red kanji, you have plenty of time to react.
For the last form, pay attention to the long combo from the first two phases (the one initiated with the sword on his side): this time he'll pause after the combo and then come in with a thrust. If you try to attack after deflecting the combo you'll get impaled, instead wait a bit without moving and then mikiri counter his electric ass

>cheesing lady butterfly instead of breaking her posture without taking any damage in first phase
You're the one who needs to git gud

B-B-But build viability and dress up for faggots!

Rollon

how do you know this

>Multiplayer is for noobs and autists.
t. Can't avoid perrying

Umbrella makes demon of hatred a huge joke

Sculptor

What's the point in replaying a game whose combat system you will have mastered halfway through your first playthrough?

R1, deflect, jump/high monk, mikiri.

That's literally the entire game. There is nothing else to it. Combat arts suck. Prosthetics other than firecrackers suck.

Not him, but I had the same problem. Ishin felt like baby's first spear boss after I grinded massive gains against that fucking monk.

I am missing 6 carp scales to buy the last lazulite, where 2 farm? They dont seem to respawn.

Is there a boss tier list?

Stay right below it at all times. When you're running towards it, stick to it's right side avoid the punches and Parry/Dodge the stomp.

Uhh, ENB said it's the greatest game ever and has done multiple play throughs. Maybe just become better?

Attached: chadnb.png (585x1051, 1.08M)

Have you rang the bell and fed the giant carp a couple times? The carp feeder gives you a few scales for doing so

a mod maker that tinkers with arts and prosthetics said so, spiral passage with living force flame buff also does ridiculous damage

his kid got bloodborne'd

You can't move your save to a USB stick?

Are you a woman?

>enemy tracking is fucking lulworthy
You're not playing it right. Try not to dodge as much and focus mostly on deflecting. Also, no idea what the fuck you're talking about with the deflecting being "janky", it's surprisingly easy to deflect attacks.

I fed it one time and then fed it the great bait a couple of days ago, so I think I am fucked, also I just got 5 from the priest in the mibu village so I only need one more. The feeder died and gave me a divine grass. Ohhh shit that Mibu trader was selling 2 I think I am set

>get red carp eyes
>description says to give it to dojun
>talk to him and get nothing
?????? Did I have to give him a body to be able to deliver the carp eyes?

Not all games have real replay value, and that's fine. It was quite already the case for BB (for me), Sekiro is a better focused experience, a true marvel the first time that wouldn't be as good if it was made for 6+ builds.

No matter what BBfags say, there were more and less interesting trickweapons, (Tonitrus, threaded cane are weapons absolutely no one like while the switchaxe is OP as fuck)

It needed a pvp mode. Srsly it needed it. Thats what made me play the souls3 again and again (pvp)

You don't need emblems for the fight

Hourly reminder that Purification is the best ending and will be canon for Sekiro II

>threaded cane
>boring
Shit taste. It has amazing reach as well as having great transformation attacks. It's fantastic.

Just play what you want to play.

Is High Monk really that much worse now? I stopped playing just before the last patch and had just found the monk book.

>wtf, Contra has no builds and therefore no replay value?
>wtf, Castlevania has no builds and therefore no replay value?
>wtf, Super Mario Bros has no builds and therefore no replay value?
>wtf, Doom has no builds and therefore no replay value?
>wtf, Max Payne has no builds and therefore no replay value?
>wtf, The Legend of Zelda has no builds and therefore no replay value?
>wtf, Half-Life 1 has no builds and therefore no replay value?
if people weren't expecting a Souls game, nobody would really be bitching about replay value

Attached: nani.jpg (1127x614, 281K)

No one was really bitching at first, it was just assholes slinging shit or trying to impact sales, like the ONLY 5 WEAPONS or whatever it was before Bloodborne. Then the truly, desperately miserable anons absorb it into their mindset and begin repeating it because they were prepared to hate it.

it's not a gigantic nerf but fairly significant, if used against sweep attacks it's still the best

youtube.com/watch?v=gjEZl01pTpk

Just like previous from games, if you do them completely blind they have tons of replayability. Of course if you cheated and ruined the intended experience like an idiot then you get what you deserve.

>Sold as well as DS3
>Extremely positive feedback from reviewers and players
>Flop

(you)

Yes, you need to send someone to him first.

YEEEE I finally got gud and defeated Isshin.

Before I start NG+, should I do all the apparition minibosses, shichimin and headless that is, and try to upgrade as much of my prosthetics as I can?

What actually carries along into NG+?

Yes. Headless are cancer in NG+.

Everything except key items.

Alright, thanks. I heard that NG+ isn'ät actually all that fun, and that the damage output from enemies becomes insane. Any truth to that? Maybe the game is just more fun playing again from zero?

Store energy? Huh? Like royal release?
I'd I spin the umbrella does it do damage?

It's shit. There's zero reason to explore or to do anything outside of the boss fights.

Attached: 1400922331183.jpg (705x691, 46K)

Play ng+ charmless with demon bell and toolless if you have balls. It's so, so worth it
The challenge is the real draw of the game

>Fighting true monk without cheese
God damn it.

>him
Monk is actually a girl

>So gun fort or senpou temple first?
He guys I asked someone senpou or gun fort first and he said senpou. But as I've walked through I've already found 3 characters in the first 15mins that I can't complete their quest cause I don't have certain items or skills. Can anyone confirm if I'm doing the right thing?

Yes, you're not meant to have those items yet.
I'm only telling you this because you're a stupid faggot and are ruining the game for yourself and I want to be a part of it.

It really doesn't matter since there's a locked door at the end of gun fort and you need to proceed the story first to unlock it. So you might as well go to Senpou.
You don't need to do the character quests immediately. Just do it later.

>if you do them completely blind they have tons of replayability
You can get most everything you want in Sekiro in one playthrough. You're not really replaying it unless you're trying to get different endings. With the Souls Games the different builds and whatnot make it so that it's not exactly viable to get everything in one shot unless you grind.

>It's shit. There's zero reason to explore or to do anything outside of the boss fights.
Well if you've done the exploring in NG then yeah it's done.
That's why DMC is better. You just run around killing things. Stealthing the same areas is just a bore
You son of a bitch!! Now I'm lost.

How is Sekiro strong? He's carried by the Divine Heir.

Fight Genichiro first then Senpou temple monkeys -> Gunfort ape -> Mibu corrupt monk.

You can tell because naginata is a girl's weapon.

Which lazulite upgrades are worth it?
I got the shuriken one, but before going into NG+ I'm thinking about upgrading one more.

Sacred flame? Axe?

Axe or knife.
Flame is complete useless. It's not even burn enemies.

Axe and Shuriken are the only good ones.

Quite funny to beat Genichiro in the first encounter. is it Isshin throwing the shuriken, or what?

no its some random nightjar wagie shitter