Wait, so why was he bad again?

Wait, so why was he bad again?
He wanted to stop the Patriots. He didn't even want to use Arsenal Gear as a weapon, all he wanted was the list of names.
So how was he in the wrong?

Attached: solidus.jpg (600x450, 34K)

He methods were extreme, but his heart was in the right place

Wasnt he going to EMP manhattan so it was cut off the LaLiLuLeLo influence?

It's better than dropping an entire nuke on it, though even that would probably still cost some lives.

>So how was he in the wrong?
It's simple: he wasn't. You're literally playing as bad guys in MGS2

>He wanted to stop the Patriots.

The Patriots were right.

Attached: YZqOQYitZZIZmMFdFgT84F6L6TzAvN3ao8jGP6_p9E0.jpg (614x768, 132K)

He wasn't. You were being manipulated by the actual antagonists to stop him.

He killed hostages.

He was a dickhead.

He was, dare I say, redpilled.

I don't know, kidnapping the fucking President sound a bit excessive

But the president is basically just a puppet. Johnson only turns rogue because he wants to join the Patriots.

It's his methods, his methods we're unethical.

And you can say "ends justifies the means." But he didn't even get the "ends". So no, the ends most certainly don't justify the means when you don't accomplish them.

How does one "join the Patriots" at all? They're a bunch of fucking AI, what does that even mean?

When they said that "the patriots tried to steal sunny" or whoever else, or tried to do anything, WTF do they mean? Which patriots? Once again, they're AI. Did they mean that the AI controlled some people do go an capture Sunny?

Why would the president want to join this?

But Johnson didn't know they were AIs, did he? That's why he wanted to become a part of them, ignorant of the fact it's actually impossible

He used nukes or at least wanted to use/supply weapons with lethality similar to nukes.

Nukes = bad = evil in the Metal Gear universe. Anyone who has a nuke is a possible sign of being THE BAD GUY. Anyone who is planning to use nukes to gain control and succeed at their own goals is EVIL.
Anyone who is planning to use a nuke in the first place is EVIL in the Metal Gear universe.

I mean, you're thinking from an MGS4 perspective. But Johnson was dead before the end of Big Shell, let alone MGS2. In MGS2 no one knew that the Patriots were dead and that the AI was ruling in their place. I don't think it's ever shown that anyone even knew who or what the Patriots really were.

He's only doing it for fame. He wanted to be remembered as a revolutionary hero.

He's a good guy. Snake and Raiden didn't realize they were pawns of the Patriots at the time.

>the ends most certainly don't justify the means when you don't accomplish them
I am a proponent of the idea that probable ends justify the means. Even if Solidus did indeed fail, one could argue that his plan had a high likelihood of success and was thus ethically justified.

This is too much for my tiny ass brain.

Why the fuck does everyone forget that he was going to give Fortune and Vamp, a pair of unhinged psychos, full control of Arsenal Gear and its nuclear payload all while counting on them to go nuts with it and kill millions just to serve as a distraction for him?