Metroid Prime 4 NEVER EVER

twitter.com/RetroStudios/status/1121786253672943616?s=19

Ok so I guess we won't be seeing anything until at least 2022.
How does this make you feel

Attached: 183125.png (700x356, 203K)

I'm just happy know to know that it'll come eventually, instead of just being quietly cancelled. I hope we get another 2D Metroid in the meantime.

"A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed game is bad forever."

Some wise words from Hideo Kojima

It'll probably end up being a dual release on Switch + the next system, like how BOTW was on Switch and Wii U

if we get another situation like that I think I'll just stop playing Nintendo games

eh, there's plenty of counterpoints to that
FFXV, Star Fox Zero, Duke Nukem Forever

which will likely mean worse graphics because it's being held back by the previous console, much like BotW

>MP4 delayed for no reason because Tanabe didnt want to work with Retro at first but his new team was incompetent as fuck
>Bayonetta 3 is vaporware
>Three Houses looks even worse than Awakening, which means they tried to make it worse on purpose
>SMT5 vaporware
>Animal Crossing vaporware
>Pokemon SS still looks like a fucking 3DS game
I really do regret buying my switch at this point.

What the fuck were they doing in the 5 years after Tropical Freeze?

don't forget, Pikmin 4 never fucking ever

It's not like Switch can handle well BOTW tier graphics to begin with though, barely grasping at 25 fps in crowded areas

Pikmin 4 was the 3DS game, no one can convinced me otherwise and I've stopped caring about it.

Here's your (you)

Attached: marie_bait.png (440x485, 220K)

but every fucking company has done that...
>most of the PS4's launch titles
>Persona 5
>BOTW
>Call of Duty
there's probably more but I'm not looking this shit up right now, but basically a large majority of video game companies have at least done this, or something similar to this. Heck it's most likely going to happen to Last of Us 2 since the PS5 is probably coming pretty soon.

>Star Fox Zero
God that game was painfully Meh at best and at it's worst, a barely playable mess.
I too would like to know this but I don't think we will ever get an answer.

Attached: Star Fox party.jpg (4096x2244, 1.96M)

>I'm just happy know to know that it'll come eventually

Attached: 13520482253249.jpg (768x576, 23K)

Whatever is hiding behind the Mario statue

Attached: 1555541476670.jpg (884x624, 113K)

You should probably stop buying systems to play games that haven't come out yet

Something that got shelved after a long development cycle it seems.

They already said they started the development from zero again this year. It makes me confident the game will be good and Nintendo is worthy of my support. How many more studios would scrap all that time and money and start again instead of releasing garbage?

There's no evidence that MP4 was even being developed. We didnt know the team, we saw nothing, no one said anything about it.

We're Metroid 5 anyway so who cares, I hope this means we'll get Metroid 6 before Prime 4 as well.

Can't say about the others, but you can't count dnf there. Someone else bought the rights and released a rushed crap.

Todd is the one who said that

Yeah, because Crackdown 3 really is good.

Good

Fuck nintenlards

Games are scrapped all the time. You just rarely hear about it

> it'll come eventually

Imagine being this delusional

Sure, early in production. Not after such a long time.

*getting

It was in early production you dumbass

What makes you think it won´t?

>Hiring now means it hasn't started development yet
You're pretty goddamn stupid, user. Nintendo said Retro came to them WITH gameplay concepts to start.

It's funny how this never applies to nintendo anymore

How about this then:

"A delayed game that is fundamentally bad is still bad. A rushed game that is fundamentally bad is bad forever, but at least you didn't waste eight years and 50 million on it"

-Tim Cain

robot hand man

Aside of Star Fox 0 what else?

Plenty of games are scrapped after a long time. Titan was in development for like four years before it was scrapped.
Thing is a studio with a publishing contract CANT scrap their game, they are obligated to release it unless the publisher shelves it.

they were lying through their teeth. notice how there was never any gameplay footage shown from the "original version."
face it, nintendo used the metroid prime 4 logo to trick people into buying a switch. very typical tactics from one of the most anti-consumer companies in gaming.

They literally restarted development 3 months ago, why is this a surprise?

They are just starting working on the game. All they did was a logo, they didn't even say they were working on it until a couple of months ago.

Its not, it's just shitposting
I hope the fact they specifically worded this as for "the Metroid Prime 4 team" is a sign they're hiring up so they can juggle two games at once and avoid another generation long radio silence.

Of course. They lied and said they were developing a shit game instead of just saying they are working on it. That sure made them look more competent.

Half of the openings are lead roles though. It's safe to assume that they literally have nothing.

Never adding new people to a team is literally the golden rule of project managment

Well no shit. Not every project goes as planned.

You still dont add people during full production as it wastes more hours than it will bring.
Either you bind other already existing .teams/studios or you deal with it.

SJW trannies on their way.

Attached: 1402194437146.jpg (574x960, 51K)

they had to come up with something to justify showing a logo and no game for all this time. plus, they actually deflected the blame off themselves and onto bamco.

>Literally only announced because the Metroid Fanbase was having a meltdown from FedForce and AM2R getting DMCA'd
>Surprised that it's vapor wave
This is why Nintendo rarely if ever announces a game that's in early development. They literally only teased Prime 4 because Samus Returns wouldn't have been enough to calm Metroidfags. They should have just waited instead of showing everyone a jpg. Literally the same thing happened with Animal Crossing switch, people were going crazy so they had to tease it even though it's probably not even close to done.

Attached: CEE080F52FC94A0FAE84AAD68DB40B32.jpg (1024x560, 62K)

I just hope this means that they're actually finishing whatever they were working on before they got handed 4

>A company hiring people means a game is cancelled
Kill yourself.

>Xemnas's face
That image will always be funny asf to me.

that was MLK you retard

No, MLK said "Aw shiet, here we go again"

At least it means we're actually getting a true Retro Prime game, 4 was being developed by some random Bamco offshoot was a bit worrying.