Hello, I am the best Metroid game

Hello, I am the best Metroid game.

Attached: metroid prime 2.jpg (465x645, 103K)

There was this one time I fell through the floor and landed right on top of my brother's dick.

*Best 3D Metroid
AM2R is the best metroid game hands down.

>"Spokes on a wheel" map design
>best anything

Nah man. It's good, but goddamn does that shit make exploration and re-traversal suck donkey balls.

Maybe, it's definitely one the contender for the best game in the franchise.

How is it better than Prime 1? I marathoned the 2D games and then moved on to Prime and I found it pretty average so I didn't bother with 2 and 3.

Prime 2 has better combat encounters by far. But then it also suffers from world design problems like says.

Prime 3 was the weakest in the series in every way.

>How is it better than Prime 1?
It isn't. Still a great game, but OP is just being controversial.

Getting around is easier than in Prime. It's probably the 3D game that's the least tedious to get around in.

Elder god tier taste

Recently played through Metroid prime in VR probably one of the single greatest game experiences of my life. Extremely hyped four echoes because I remember the world's being more interesting even though the key hunt was a little bulshit

I think that the Metroid series has made the biggest impact on video games in the 90's and 2000's.

Are you fucking retarded? Echoes used exactly the same assets as Prime but with a slightly different paintjob.

>annoying dual world gimmick
>finite ammo system which did nothing but add playtime for no good reason
>key fetchquests
>entirely superfluous and annoying collection quest before the final boss which already worsened the first one

the music was great though

>Metroid Prime VR
teach me your ways

My nigga!
I'm still working on few remaining Artifacts to get to Ridley. Fighting Flaargha was awesome as fuck in VR, nothing quite like seeing a huge creature that takes almost the entire room tower above you! I'm still hyped as fuck to finish the game since I think Ridley and to some extent last boss itself were among best fights in original Prime. Not quite as excited for Echoes though since the light/dark world split didn't sit well with me for some reason. Ing is pretty boring as a final boss encounter too, but maybe I'll power through far enough to see Quadraxis. The fights with physically imposing bosses are ones that get exponentially better with improved sense of scale.

How can you say that? Prime has connecting routes between multiple zones laid out in proper labyrinthine fashion. You almost always have to go back to the central temple in Prime 2 and before venturing out onto one of the spokes.

The fact that you eventually get teleportation doesn't solve the core issue.

The second PrimeVR user here. Go for it if you can, it's really simple and a blast:

>> Get DolphinVR (free, google for it)
>> Get Iso for Metroid Prime from somewhere
>> Open DolphinVR and mount the game and you're in.

It works almost perfectly out of the box, but you might have to make some adjustments for optimal performance. I had to fiddle with sound and controller options a bit but there's plenty of piss-easy "just turn this on and that bit off" -tutorials for optimizing to Metroid Prime VR online.

what's the motion sickness situation like?
how tall do you feel as samus? its weird when in VR games you feel like youre 4 feet tall.
can you move your head, your field of view independently of where the character is pointed at?

>Online
Disregard that, no idea where it came from.

Mainly at the end of every area which pretty much is done and done once you've defeated the boss. Prime 1 has you needlessly backtracking throughout the entire map to get a single item and progress. Magmoor Caverns is an awful fucking area. Prime 2 still has elevators between areas too, and they're in much better spots than Prime 1's elevators.
>Prime 1 has a fucking elevator form Chozo Ruins to Tallon IV that's inaccessible from one
end
>An elevator in one end of Magmoor caverns that's behind that room with the needlessly long spiderball track
>Another elevator from Magmoor to Phazon mines at thetop of a vertical room you have to use the spiderball/platform for while fighting enemies that can hit you from above
There is not a single elevator in Prime 2 like this

Motion sickness is something that goes completely away by itself in a few days after getting VR, at least for me. It didn't induce any sickness by the time I got to play it. Using 180* FoV Pimax though so your mileage may vary.
You can change your character height in DolphinVR I think, but Samus' size was just right at least in my opinion so I didn't touch it. You can move your head independently, lockin on is done using your characters front heading though so you still need to keep track of your "body". When locking on it just shows the targeting ring but won't snap your camera around. To be frank, it's kind of ironic that Prime was one of the smoothest VR experiences I've had even though it was never even designed for it.

that's pretty dope user. thanks for the info, i feel like getting into this. love Prime and this would make for an interesting change

What’d you have to backtrack for in Prime 1? I played them both recently and Prime 2’s backtracking was way worse. I also remember the elevator in the underwater portion of the bog being a nightmare.

It did give Prime another excited go for me, which I can't say about many games these days. Just a word of warning though: The first area in game, Frigate Orpheon, has propably worst performance in game. Nothing gamebreaking, but don't be put off if you get some stutters in there, the rest of the game is smooth sailing.

>Gravity Suit in Phendrana Drifts just to go all the way to Tallon IV and enter the crashed frigate
>Space Jump boots in Tallon IV just to go back to Drifts
>Have to go back to Chozo Ruins for the Ice Beam
>Go back to Tallon Overworld again for the X-Ray visor
>Artifact hunt
The few instances I can think of having to travel between areas in Prime 2 are when you have to go back to Torvus from Sanctuary to get the power bombs. The areas are mainly self-contained in 2. I can't see how the back tracking is worse at all aside from the key hunt.

You're forgetting the Seekers. The backtracking instances are rarer in Prime 2, but whenever you have to do it it's much worse and the level design doesn't really support it.

That's probably the worst instance of midgame backtracking, but going from Sanctuary to Torvus isn't that much of hassle. Anytime you go from Phendrana to anywhere else, you have to slog through Magmoor. I don't see how Prime 2's level design is worse. I already listed how the elevator rooms in Prime are blocked off by some of the most annoying rooms in the game.

Attached: metroidprime2_map_light_torvus.jpg (2000x2800, 727K)

Magmoor doesn't take much time to traverse at all, and most times you visit you either have a new route or otherwise have a new item that changes how you move through the route.
For example once you have the space jump the Overworld Magmoor Phendrana route plays significantly differently, but the level design in the Torvus Temple route doesn't change much at all if you have the seekers.

Prime = Super > Prime 2 > Zero Mission > Prime 3 = Fusion > Metroid 2 > Metroid > Hunters > Other M

I'd rank Fusion a bit higher, but good taste overall.

aight man, thanks. looking forward to it

Prime 1 was better but Prime 2 is good too. At least they're leaps and bounds ahead of Super.

Based. Fuck Nintendo for killing it.

>easier
>needless
ITS A FUCKING EXPLORATION GAME ON ALIEN PLANET

OF COURSE YOU FUCKING BACKTRACK GOD I HATE ZOOMERS

>At least they're leaps and bounds ahead of Super
nigger

I'd put Metroid and Metroid 2 above Fusion simply because of lockouts. Fusion was just too constricting in its design, even when you consider how archaic Metroid and Metroid 2 are.

That game was alright, but ultimately kind of a letdown after all the hype surrounding it.

Yeah, you'll like 2. Dark Aether will be especially spooky in VR. Fuck the haters.

It still doesn't help the fact you have to back track through Magmoor and Chozo just to get the space jump boots. There's no way from Overworld to Magmoor until you get the spiderball so you're still going back through Chozo again. There's a hub area you have to go back to after getting the light energy from an area, but it's not like the game introduces you to a new area just to have you immediately go back to the others. It's still a pain to go from Tallon/Phendran to Phazon Mines too. The backtracking in Prime feels more like padding. The main obstacle in getting those items is just the distance. No boss, maybe a puzzle or platforming segment, but not much other than walking through a decent portion of the map.

Remembah me?

Attached: 1340502727816.jpg (390x390, 37K)

You're wrong, there's a route between Phendrana and Overworld before getting the Spider Ball. Every backtracking route takes advantage of the powerups you obtained in the interim if it isn't an entirely new set of rooms, and each one is littered with previously inaccessible powerups.

You heard me.

Attached: 1555416907266.jpg (500x496, 273K)

>entire game is grey and brown, dark world even more so
>upgraded beams are boring, just shoot dark at light enemies and light. At dark enemies, and a bunch of other powerups are basically just keys to open certaim color doors with no combat use
>Dark Samus and Quadraxis are great bosses, Spider Guardian is cool, every other boss is awful
Its ok but Prime 1 blows it out of the water

Good taste but it’s not the best by a long shot, it lacks a lot of polish but I think that gives it a unique sort of charm you don’t get from Nintendo games anymore because of their quality control.

Team Ninja kino

Nothing team ninja has ever made is good.

I think you're forgetting how bad Prime 1's bosses were.

I think you actually have a point because the only ones i actually remember are Ridley, Parasite Queen, Metroid Prime, Omega Pirateand the crappy one guarding the missiles.