The "not relevant" excuse

>The "not relevant" excuse.

If the characters are constantly talked about and supported for Smash with every new game, wouldn't that make them relevant?

Attached: 638.jpg (571x516, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/feature_talking_super_smash_bros_ultimate_with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooka-Laylee
tweaktown.com/news/63930/super-smash-bros-uitimate-sakurais-piranha-plant-decision/index.html
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/04/persona-5-sales-numbers-2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They mean not relevant... to the core Smash demographic of children aged 6 to 12

If anything being irrelevant is a good case for the character, despite not having a game in 20 years people STILL want Banjo, which speaks for love of the series.

Meanwhile a lot of "relevant" characters that get in Smash wouldn't be remembered even 3 years from now if they didn't get in.

Didn't stop K. Rool, 6 year olds weren't even born when K. Rool made a cameo in some baseball shovelware.

The core demographic of Smash is 18 - 35

Attached: 1541487344203.jpg (846x846, 84K)

Kids eventually grow up.

K. Rool
>isn't third party
>is from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises that still gets games

No, because echo chambers repeating some names do not count as being relevant.

guess erdrick isn't as relevant as you/v/irgins keep toting, since he's only ever mentioned in this echo chamber

if discussion of a character is what makes them relevant then waluigi, geno, and banjo are the most relevant picks for DLC right now.

Luffy wore an outfit referencing Erdrick on the cover of Weekly Shonen Jump just last week. Erdrick is massive in Japan.

K Rool
>was a nobody before Ultimate
>got in because of influence from the boom crowd
>wasn't in both new DKC games

I want you to tell me right now how ice climbers were "relevant" when melee came out

No he's not. Do NOT speak for a entire country you retard.

Technically, they're still somewhat relevant, and that relevancy could be renewed with a Switch port.

Attached: Rare-Replay-Xbox-One-main.jpg (1600x900, 318K)

Smash is an adult series for mature adults, not little kids

>Not knowing Erdrick even withou Smash
Zoomer.

>Was a nobody before Ultimate
He is the most reccuring main villain in the DKC franchise.
>Got in because of influence from the boom crowd
And also because his franchise is still alive, according to Sakurai.
>wasn't in both new DKC games
He appeared in 4 out of 6 games. He is still a recurrent character, the same way Ganondorf is the most famous villain in Zelda (which is still relevant) despite only appearing three times contrary to Ganon.

what did he mean by this
also, even the younger people like K Rool because Nintendo fans always have a hardon for nostalgic shit that they weren't even around for

All polls place Erdrick as the most popular protagonist of the DQ franchise. Hé IS massive.

If you don't know shit about what you're talking about don't start calling other people retards, monkey. I bet you also think DQ is not popular.

guess the entire western world are zoomers, oh well
if I wanted akira toriyama kino I'd just play chrono trigger you chrono nigger

about as massive as dragon quest
and lest we neglect to mention that in the west, DQ is just seen as another jrpg in a sea of obscure jrpgs.

>about as massive as dragon quest
that's massive

>He is the most reccuring main villain in the DKC franchise.
That is only known to Booms. The trilogy+64 were several years ago.
>And also because his franchise is still alive, according to Sakurai
He didn't get in because of that. Let's not kid ourselves. You are completely delusional. He got in because of the ballot.
>He appeared in 4 out of 6 games. He is still a recurrent character
Again, those games were several years old. He could've showed up but he didn't. Please explain why Dixie, Funky and Cranky were in Freeze but Rool wasn't. Please explain how Dixie was almost in Brawl but wasn't in due to lack of time. Explain why they skipped over her and instead put in Rool because...???

He got in Smash because of the ballot and he's a popular Boom character. End of story.

Reddit is invading us.

>I'm sharing a board with niggers uneducated on Dragon Quest

Attached: what.jpg (800x450, 62K)

>That is only known to Booms.
even Wii kiddies know who he is
DKC isn't obscure

Doraque is huge in Japan and Erdrick is the most popular character. Not a hard concept.

Attached: 1554419290167.jpg (663x281, 62K)

I didn't deny he got in thanks to the Ballot, but if DKC was a dead franchise, he wouldn't have gotten in.

I know. It's sickening to say the least.

Attached: 1540239629833.jpg (580x681, 140K)

You know what's funny? Joker is a character from 016, but people seem to find justifications to him being relevant regardless. A three year old character is not iconic. Not to say bayonetta is iconic, but the whole "iconic" argument just purely doesn't hold at all anymore. Banjo is just as likely as the Joker, whether or not you agree, mostly because you don't agree.

Dragon Quest sucks and no one likes it. Not even Japan likes it. Erdick is a nobody much like yourselves.
You can trust me though I'm the aficionado on Dragon Quest.

OH NO YOU DEFEATED ME!

Attached: 1549984389949.gif (492x283, 2.58M)

I THINK DRAGON QUEST SUCKS

Attached: 1533482961145.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>Joker
>Persona 5
>Irrelevant
>Despite it being the most popular game of the series
>With two spin-offs releasing this year
You're completely wrong, you don't know what relevancy is.

Yes he would. Castlevania is fucking dead aside from a bunch of ports and Simon still managed to squeeze in because Sakurai wanted it to happen.
You relevancyfags are so in over your heads.
Sure they do user. Sure they do.

Attached: 1548142313754.jpg (169x138, 4K)

Nice baits, discordfags.

Attached: 1548542620879.png (446x435, 89K)

Nice facebookfrog, faggot.

Attached: _20160625_164755.jpg (179x205, 13K)

Why are you so out of touch, user? Stop taking the boomer and zoomer memes so seriously.

my mom named her vacuum dragon quest because it's been around since 1986 and it's FUCKING SUCKED the whole time

Attached: 5275f1199f36dbda6fe157cf31f9f2ff194566846eddc07a8a4de6c2e35a22d7.gif (426x498, 248K)

>Castlevanai was dead when Sakurai cho-
No. Still got a game a year prior being selected. It was still relevant. Ignoring facts won't lead you anywhere in life, user.

Attached: Relevancyofthirdpartycharacters.png (2076x1124, 447K)

Imagine being this retarded and in denial.

Why is there not a second Sonic rep.

You first fagface.
The only one out of touch is you. If you'd paid attention you'd know that little kids want Minecraft, Fortnite, Waluigi and everything in between.

And those adults are the same ones who grew up with BanjoKazooie.

if we don't get a microsoft rep this E3, can we stop with this microsoft character coming to smash thing

K Rool was chosen because of the ballot. I don't know why this relevancy shit still exists when you all got rightfully blown the fuck out last year.

>little kids
The oldest gen z kids are like 20ish years old and were around for the Wii.

Why should a character that got two games from the 90s, plus a gimmicky flop on Xbox 360, get into smash? The only reason 90% of his "fans" know he exists is because of Jontron/zoomer streamers.

Attached: f70739c44a9d93b84fd4734e15630a60.png (800x771, 162K)

The relevancy shit still exists because it took K Rool the ballot to get in. It basically proves that relevancy is a huge factor and you can't even say that K Rool's series is irrelevant, just the character.

So you're saying Rool was relevant BECAUSE of the ballot? Okay then.

Sakurai isn't looking at supplementary material when looking for characters. Rool doesn''t have a baseball bat and he isn't based on sluggers.

Relevancy for third parties matter, sorry that your dead bear is not getting in.

>K Rool was chosen because of the ballot. I don't know why this relevancy shit still exists when you all got rightfully blown the fuck out last year.
Probably because you can't read that, no matter how oopular you are, if your franchise is not relevant, you're not getting in, no matter how much support you get, as said Bill Trinen concerning Ice Hockey on NES:
nintendolife.com/news/2018/07/feature_talking_super_smash_bros_ultimate_with_nintendos_bill_trinen_and_nate_bihldorff
As well as Sakurai mentioning that the FRANCHISE, not the CHARACTER, still needs to be relevant.
>As for who doesn't make the cut, Sakurai noted, "Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen. Also, fighters that switch models are a different matter."

Are you ok, user? You're not really making any sense. Nobody even brought up the baseball game.

The reason why is because Banjo was pretty big for the n64 but mostly because if we were going to get a Microsoft character which I doubt, then it would either be a Rare character or a Minecraft character

He brought up sluggers, which was his last appearance.

As if I personally give a shit about banjo-kazooie.
And what if dead bear gets in anyway huh? Will you finally fuck off or will you move on to the next obnoxious rule you made up?

Sakurai can do whatever he wants.
This is the same guy that called Ridley improbable for three games in a row and then put him in anyway because you idiots kept asking for it.

>He brought up sluggers
nobody brought up sluggers besides this guy

>Sakurai can do whatever he wants.
>This is the same guy that called Ridley improbable for three games in a row and then put him in anyway because you idiots kept asking for it.
We have been arguing on relevancy mattering or not. Your point is that it doesn't, and I proved you that it does to Sakurai with his own statements. Not for the character, that was never my point, but for the series. I don't see why you suddenly mention Ridley.

That is who I was talking to. Unless he fucked off.

If you don't see why I brought up Ridley then it's not even worth discussing this with you.

Anybody who argues "MUH RELEVANCY" for anything isn't worth the paper they wipe their own ass with. And I'm not even a Banjofag.

Attached: you_are_retarded.gif (480x267, 768K)

>I lost so I fuck off
Classic.

No, I still don't see why since there were no rules preventing Ridley from getting in. Sakurai never said it was impossible, just that it wouldn't be Ridley anymore. And since fans kept asking for him he finally got in.

>I don't know why this relevancy shit still exists

I mean look at Isaac. He's been a heavily demanded characters for years and obviously did well on the ballot but it wasn't enough to make him playable. Only an assist trophy and Mii Fighter outfit.

And the reason for that is simple: unlike Donkey Kong, and much like Banjo-Kazooie, Golden Sun is a dead franchise.

Attached: Gs-isaac.jpg (1161x2067, 487K)

his point was that sakurai change his mind all the time

>Anyone who makes good arguments hurts my feelings
Why are you so upset?

Sakurai himself says relevancy is important, of course it's a solid argument, especially when he keeps bringing it back every installment.

And then you bring up Golden Sun? user please.

No one outside of smash knows this kid. Seriously though. Do you know ANYONE that knows about Golden Sun besides Smashfags? Do you?

Reminder that if Super Smash Bros stayed at HAL, the roster would focus on a balance important Nintendo characters and obscure legacy Nintendo characters over whatever's recent or makes a fleeting buzz.
It would also prioritize great gameplay and varied, quality game modes over just having a big roster.

HAL is way too small of a company to handle the scale of a game like Smash Bros. these days.

>MUH RELEVANCY
R E T A R D
E
T
A
R
D

They wouldn't be if they could have kept making Smash Bros.

he fucked off
my point is that Nintendo fans are super into nostalgia bait (even if they didn't actually play those games) and the original DKC games are well known enough to that even Wii kiddies will recognize K Rool
K Rool is nowhere close to being an obscure character when he's part of the most popular games of DK's series

Yes that is my point user. Sakurai said something and he went back on it because he wanted to please the fans.
So if he made an exception then what makes you think he won't do another one.

I'm not talking about the fighter pass, i'm talking about Smash in general. Are you 100% SURE he wouldn't do it again?
What I mean from all that is that he does what he wants to regardless of what Yea Forums has you believe.

How long do you SERIOUSLY THINK he's gonna go without putting in a completely western character in smash? Sooner or later it's gonna happen.

tell that to Sakurai, since he's the one pushing the relevancy argument in the first place desu

just let 'em in!

Attached: 1537851809847.png (482x321, 22K)

>So if he made an exception then what makes you think he won't do another one.
There is no reason to assume that Sakurai's always going to make exceptions for his beliefs.
>How long do you SERIOUSLY THINK he's gonna go without putting in a completely western character in smash?
Where did this even come from?

No he isnt. You fags are.

Eventually there will be a character in the future that'll make you have to rewrite your gay rules to satiate your autism.

I don't know what to tell you, every single franchise that got a new character in Smash 4 and Ultimate either were or still are getting or new games or alternatively, had a game released in close proximation to the project plan(s).

>Mario
>Pokemon
>Fire Emblem
>Kid Icarus
>Animal Crossing
>Wii Fit
>Punch-Out!!
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>Mega Man
>Pac-Man
>Street Fighter
>Final Fantasy
>Bayonetta
>Metroid
>Donkey Kong
>Splatoon
>Castlevania

All of these franchises had games recently released around the time of their respective Smash's project plan (2012 for Smash 4 and 2015 for Ultimate).

The ONE exception is Duck Hunt, who just got in as a "surprise character".

Attached: FALCO.png (200x200, 33K)

>No he isnt.
lol ok

Relevancyfags are retarded because arguing which characters is more "deserving" or "relevant" or any other autistic roster/patternfagging is retarded.
Just wish for characters you like, my nigga.

Attached: 1555386578378m.jpg (742x1024, 166K)

>no no no Duck Hunt doesn't count because I said so
So if the rest of the DLC is meant to be surprising wouldn't it make sense to put in something that wasn't relevant?
Putting in something irrelevant would make it relevant again you know. I mean if K Rool not being in the two new Donkey Kong games was enough for him to be relevant then something in Smash can too.

Attached: _-_.png (358x311, 204K)

Then Sakurai is retarded because he takes relevancy into account himself.

>missing the point entirely
RETARD
DETECTED

>every single franchise that got a new character in Smash 4 and Ultimate either were or still are getting or new games or alternatively, had a game released in close proximation to the project plan(s)
The same is true for 64, Melee and Brawl. The only notable exceptions were the surprise characters (Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B.), Ice Climbers and Pit. That's 4 characters out of 44.

We already got our Duck Hunt-like character with Piranha Plant.

No he hasn't. He put Simon, Rool and RIdley in Ultimate. They're not relevant. They're shitty fanwank characters. Joker is a character HE personally wanted in just for shits and giggles too so once again for your primate brain: he does whatever he wants.

Attached: _20170425_204045.jpg (163x226, 14K)

>Simon
>Ridley
>Not relevant
What did he mean by this?

Why can't there be another? Isn't Piranha Plant "relevant"? He doesn't count because Mario has been getting new games already. So according to Sakurai's rules, he's not our surprise character.

Well no, I'm not 100% sure because exceptions are never easy to see coming
Sure, if an irrelevant third-party franchises character gets in, then it'll contradict Sakurai's statement and I wouldn't have seen it coming.
I doubt Sakurai will break his relevancy rule that je followed perfectly since Melee (the only exception being Ice Climbers who are the only true retro reps, Duck Hunt, G&W and ROB being surprising picks before retro reps, like the plant, according to Sakurai).

THEIR
FRANCHISES
WERE
RELEVANT
WHEN
THEY
WERE
CHOSEN
RETARD

>Why can't there be another?
Because Sakurai isn't picking the DLC characters and there's no reason to think the DLC selection is going to have another joke character like Piranha Plant.
>So according to Sakurai's rules, he's not our surprise character.
Are you just pretending to be retarded or what? The status of surprise character isn't related to relevance at all.

>100% sure
Well thats fine if you want to keep believing that.

Attached: 17-MMBN3Update7017.png (480x320, 13K)

It's funny how Banjocucks suddenly can't respond as soon as you drop the dreaded J-word. They know it's true.

People are forgetting we are not talking about regular character picks, but DLC. Who would pay 5$ (plus tax!) for Banjo nowadays? FUCKING NOBODY other than a few weirdos on Yea Forums

It doesn't matter if you like a character. Sakurai doesn't simply "like" characters and put them in. There are an objective list of requirements that need to be met for a characted to be allowes in Super Smash Bros. What's important is if they're recent, popular, relevant, and marketable. Sakurai has made a couple of missteps this game but now, we're looking to be back on track. Don't be upset when characters like Bandana Dee, Ashley, Steve, and 2B get added while characters like Geno, Banjo, and Adeleine get nothing.

I thought Simon was our surprise character? Is he not because Castlevania has an anime? The fuck kind of logic is that? What about Richter?
Rool was pretty surprising. According to Yea Forums he was a never ever because he was irrelevant. Now thanks to some baseball game released 10 years ago and him NOT BEING in any of the new Donkey Kong games makes him relevant? Wouldn't that make him our "surprise retro character?"
Your stupid rules go hand in hand with how retarded they sound.

See, you had to move the goalpost from "the character has to be relevant to" "i-its okay to add purely legacy characters if a completely unrelated recent game came out"

no games in the past decade.
nobody celebrated its 20th anniversary last year.
yooka-laylee was flavor of the month shit that everyone stopped talking about after it came out.
banjo has no relevance, banjo's games have no relevance, deal with it.

>Your stupid rules go hand in hand with how retarded they sound.
It's not my stupid rule. It's Sakurai's stupid rules since he was the one who introduced the concept of characters like Piranha Plant, R.O.B., Duck Hunt and Mr. Game and Watch.

>K Rool

Attached: 1534401544331.gif (478x350, 84K)

>claiming Ridley and Simon were not relevant
retard

>Don't be upset when characters like Bandana Dee, Ashley, Steve, and 2B get added while characters like Geno, Banjo, and Adeleine get nothing.

To be fair, Sakurai obviously doesn't view Ashley or Bandana Dee as important or playable character material, either.

Bandana Dee didn't even get a dedicated spirit battle, just an upgrade for the regular Waddle Dee spirit.

Smart thing to do would be to cover all their bases with the DLC
>Recency
>Legacy (Japan)
>Obscure
>Iconic
>Legacy (World)

Not saying that Banjo is in, but why wouldn't he do well, people only remembered the ps1 crash games and his series died around 2007 and yet his remake did pretty well, I know crash is bigger and I'm comparing dlc to a game but the point is that nostalgia sells, plus most of the third party characters moves, music, or looks are taken from their older stuff

He was a nobody before ultimate.
It wasn't until smash autism that made him relevant again.

>no one will blindly pay for the vague promise of Banjo-Kazooie

Attached: y-l kick.png (965x852, 680K)

keep telling yourself that, zoom zoom.
k.rool's games were what clinched the 16-bit era for nintendo. they were even popular enough to get a saturday morning cartoon.

Attached: zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

*Blocks Banjo's path*

Attached: 1556215689246.jpg (750x612, 126K)

Nostalgia sells but Sash DLC sells even more.
Corrin sold regardless of his game not even being released in Japan yet.
There's your smoking gun. Just mention Corrin and everyones dumb rules fizzle out.
>b-but Sakurai likes Fire Emblem
No shit.

Attached: 1542755671804.webm (960x540, 852K)

>wojak
Opinion discarded.

Attached: 1429168577763.jpg (691x625, 236K)

there you are. literal proof you have no idea what you're talking about

>Blocks Banjo's path

Attached: ryu.jpg (474x1036, 45K)

>Being so retarded you can't even comprehend another's post
Keep posting pictures, it's the best your brain can manage.

Relevancy has always been a straw man argument, it’s about importance.

he's just another banjo-kazoomer who only knows about the series from the time game grumps played it. of course he doesn't know jack shit about gaming history.

Attached: banjozoomer.png (820x331, 217K)

>people still making the relevacy argument when basedos and toddlers will buy anything Nintendo and Sakurai spew out, regardless of who the fuck the character is

It took the game a year and a half to reach one million. It clearly proves that there are not that many people still supporting Banjo & Kazooie, even its spiritual successor, even if it's made by the people who originally created it.

Well regardless of relevancy or obscurity or whatever I would still like to see Banjo and Kazooie this E3. Like others have said, if they don't happen this E3 then it's safe to assume they won't get in this time.

Attached: banjo_and_kazooie_pixel_art_by_lisnovski-dbsw1j3.png (168x216, 31K)

It should have been Dracula (Gabriel Belmont). Simon and Richter are dead, irrelevant literally who's. Sakurai is fucking crazy for ignoring the latest game. It's almost like it could not have existed and Simon/Richter would still be in. This is bullshit, recency is supposed to be everything and fuck K. Rool too it should have been Ashley or Bandana Dee.

Attached: serveimage(9).jpg (566x800, 70K)

My point was always the franchise, never the characters.

Fpbp. Anybody that thinks internet communities matter is a fucking moron.

Shutup faggot.

Speaking of not knowing about what we were arguing about..

Attached: 1540446284874.jpg (256x196, 5K)

Ah yes, Corrin, the most important FE character.
Or the Incineroar, the most important fire Pokemon.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

LOOK AT HIS LIPS

Attached: nintendo switch demographic.jpg (646x362, 38K)

>Sakurai has made a couple of missteps this game but now, we're looking to be back on track
>relevancyfags literally act like any character that doesn't fit their criteria is a mistake
holy fuck

>Within a few weeks, the game had garnered GB£2.1 million from over 80,000 backers.

>if they don't happen this E3 then it's safe to assume they won't get in this time.
Utterly retarded, another character at The Game Awards 2019 is basically a guarantee.

And only 6% of that entire demographic even know who banjo kazooie is. Kill yourself cuckold.

>game reaches one million
>people don't care about it because it didn't reach it sooner
why on earth would that make a difference? That's still all different people putting money towards something they want. This feels like a goalpost move

Agreed, while he's one of my most wanted, I wouldn't mind if he doesn't get in, as long Phoenix Wright is one of the characters

>Corrin, the most important FE lord

Yeah unironically the best selling game and at the time the most recent lord.

>Incineroar
Has in series importance as a starter and a larger role in the anime.

Nice that you obey me, dog. Show us how more retarded you are and start using cope and seethe.

BTFOd

ESL-kun, aren't you supposed to go to bed?

Attached: yiiikes.jpg (1000x993, 144K)

you got a chart for that claim, like he does pal?

The Big Cope

>Being so retarded it counts backers as sales

>the most recent lord
irrelevant
>anime
also irrelevant

No, a year and a half to get one million sales for such a "massive" revival is far from being good.

Weeks to get 2.1 million*

well also his game is shit

>no sakurai said ridley is too big so he's not happenin-
>RIDLEY HITS THE BIG TIME
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY RUUUUUUULES

>w-well that's okay because K Rool is a western character and those can never happen. Also he's irrele-
>KING K. ROOL COMES ABOARD
>n-NOOOOOOOOO NOOOO STOP SAKURAI YOU PROMISED NOOOOOOOOOO

>W-well whatever those characters suck anyway. Now a never ever like ________ can't happen because ____________ yeah of course! This logic is flawless!

See you next time relevirgins.

Attached: 1531491018228.png (360x315, 106K)

Somebody finally said it

Are you new? Didn't buy it because it didn't look as good as it promised. Which made sense after realizing that the most important Banjo devs weren't on the dev team.

>By 24 November 2018, the game has sold over 1 million copies.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooka-Laylee
Again, that's not that good for a spiritual successor.

>Yeah unironically the best selling game

Without the extra versions and Smash shilling, it's questionable if it would've sold even as well as Awakening.

>NO NO THE BACKERS DONT COUNT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY ARGUMENT
lel

Looking at franchise sales, more people played the GoldenEye game than Banjo, making james bond a more likely candidate even as just a Rare rep.

Based

What is this retarded meme speak? Go away, faggot.
Pretty sure it's just after noon, user.

By definition, yes, but rosterfags (antifags in particular) are the biggest gaggle of retarded cunts around.

Sure it is, guys.

Attached: Untitled.png (965x436, 243K)

Haha look at him go!

Attached: 1512280863771.gif (365x205, 1.17M)

The backers are -I hope- part of the 1 million sales, in a span of one and a half year. So no, it doesn't count.
I hope you're not mixing up sales and the money made to create the game?

They fucking cheated anyway
>split game in 3 different versions with different campaigns
>have to buy them all to access the full content
>count sales of each version as total for the game
Fuck Fire Emblem and fuck Corrin

He doesn't have a chart for Banjo's relevancy

Sakurai didn't break the relevancy rule retard.

>Lumping Ridley together with K Rool when Ridley is relevant
oof

>The backers are -I hope- part of the 1 million sales
That's not how kickstarter backing works you tard

Vast majority pledge enough to get the game with their backing.

FUCK RELEVANCYFAGS AND FUCK PREDICTIONNIGGERS
TELL ME WHO YOUR MOST WANTED CHARACTER(S) IS(/ARE) RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1554482039500.gif (461x346, 149K)

>banjo-kazoomer
I'm glad people are starting to realize that gen z includes people whose first console was Nintendo 64.

The Big Cope

My point being that just because hyper autists talk about it on the internet doesn't mean it's relevant to the game. Nothing I've said backs down from that.

So it's 1 million and 73,206 in a year and a half.
Wow, such difference, you showed me.

YOUR FAGGOT BOOMER BEAR WILL NEVER BE IN SMASH HAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1498678857936.jpg (180x222, 11K)

Keep running away from that 2 million in a week you have no explanation for

ADELEINE!!

>oof
>>>/reddit/

>Adeleine
>>>/reddit/

Been waiting since brawl

Attached: 1476982393721.jpg (600x901, 135K)

>Nothing I've said backs down from that.
So you got a chart?

>3

Attached: chief.jpg (400x453, 25K)

i meant sakurai's game you dumbass ultimate is shit

Ado.

Attached: 1550978039100.png (956x1200, 182K)

Bamco rep here

Attached: 1556235575831.png (600x530, 190K)

Geno aka blue star snufkin with guns that turns into a cannon
I've accepted that he ain't happening tho

BUB, AMITIE, LIP, AND KAERU
I JUST WANT MUH PUZZLE GAMES AND MUH INDIES

Attached: bubsmash.png (700x3000, 305K)

More people played Tetris, why isn't the tetris block a playable character, or at least an assist trophy, plus James Bond is a movie character, so they won't go with him if they want a rare character, unless they want to break that rule

Rare doesn't own James Bond, friend. And I don't recall seeing him anywhere close to Banjo in terms of smash fan polls, or even smash discussion in general.

Adeleine.

Attached: 1549997426610.jpg (798x682, 95K)

Want me to post the score for that too?

Attached: 1556220760742.png (220x239, 89K)

You want a chart on how internet echo chambers work?

73,206. That's it, that's the most dedicated fanbase. Doesn't change the fact that, for what it was supposed to be, the game flopped.

Cope harder ESLkun

You could actually make a fun Tetris moveset, though.

Attached: TETRISmovesetv2.png (1000x2800, 475K)

>Yfw

Attached: ostritch.jpg (468x538, 104K)

The defense is ready to be in smash, your honor

Attached: phoenixwright.jpg (600x444, 36K)

Doomguy, Skull Kid, Geno and Adeleine.
Porky however is my latest obsession since completing the Mother trilogy.
But as long as I have Dedede, Kirby, Ness, Ice Climbers, Samus, Ridley, and Pac-Man I'm satisfied.

Attached: 1556221263365.gif (256x224, 902K)

Tetris has songs, at least
And James Bond had an item in Melee the proximity mine

No argument? So I won.

imagine letting an online review score dictate whether something is good or isn't good

Attached: 1532972364918.jpg (279x312, 19K)

I know, but just like Steve, they really shouldn't be in as a character, however they should get something, like a stage or music

I'll take it over a single contrarian's non-descriptive "argument"

What's her personality? How does she keep up with planet busters like Kirby and Meta Knight? Never played a Kirby game.

Attached: 1556259980109.png (430x309, 276K)

>but just like Steve
yikes

Banjo Kazooie came out 21 years ago. Assuming everyone who played it was AT LEAST 6 years old at the time it came out, that would mean about a 3rd of Switch buyers have a good chance of knowing who he is. That could be even higher if you take Nuts & Bolts into account which, while it didn't do well commercially, it still opens up a greater age range of people who know who Banjo is.

My point is that you're retarded and are pulling numbers out of your ass because you're butthurt for some reason that a character over 20 years old is still seeing love on the internet despite not having a good game since his original appearance 2 decades ago. I'm not sure why this fact makes you so upset but I think it speaks to some deeper issues you may have and you may want to consider therapy to resolve them. There's no shame in it user. We all need help in our lives at some point.

>smash fan polls
This is the exact type of inflated importance I'm talking about. None of what you discuss matters.

Attached: dogo.jpg (400x400, 17K)

>game made it's goal many, many times over
>it flopped
AHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHA

it's not an argument the game is bad

>smash fan polls don't matter
>Sakurai literally stated K. Rool got in thanks to the ballot

Attached: 1555029089199.png (768x889, 54K)

>Reaching this hard

Not to mention that the game continued to exist after its release window. A lot of people were introduced to it via emulation or Xbox Live Arcade after hearing about it on the internet.

I JUST CANT EXPLAIN HOW!
and besides
>I don't like game
>this means game is objectively bad
O K
R E T A R D

The Big Cope

>The Smash Ballot is a fan poll
What did he mean by this?

The ballot wasn't a fan poll. It was an official poll. Fan polls are always skewed by a variety of factors including limited exposure, sample size, and poll chasers.

If you want to see the big cope, look at

Does no one know the context of this meme

You are treating an opinion as a fact, which is not how opinions work. You are also failing to explain your opinion with reasoning as to why you hold that opinion and therefore your opinion holds no weight.

T H E B I G C O P E

bear

Attached: toy.jpg (828x1000, 81K)

>Trying to claim the smash ballot is a fan poll
???

She can draw pretty much anything and it comes to life. Apparently the voice of reason in the N64 games based on the cutscenes. Straight up draws bosses or censored images that attack kirby when angery or possessed.

Attached: concept_art__kood___adeleine__s_abilites_by_chronoweapon-d5dy3xa.jpg (900x653, 97K)

its not an opinion if the games bad?

Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, ROB all got in despite being obscure.

/thread

>A lot of people were introduced to it via emulation
Oh shit nigger did you actually fucking type this

Attached: 1546579340552~01.png (459x461, 210K)

You seem to be confused
Fan poll means that it is a poll of fans. Not that it's conducted by fans.

The Smash Ballot is OBJECTIVELY a fan poll. Because it polls smash fans.

b-but they are retro

Smashfags clearly haven't.

Where do people who post like this come from?
Was there a tumblr invasion or something while I wasn't looking?

>Fan poll means that it is a poll of fans.
imagine being this retarded

Adeleine doesn't strike me as a girly girl that would need girly minions, she has more of an objective artist's eye

Yeah user but they are surprise retro characters so they don't count.

If you have to use Duck Hunt, Game and Watch and R.O.B. to support you argument about characters being able to get in despite being obscure, then you have already lost.

Sorry, is that your trigger word?

I agree. I just wanted to post an image.

Attached: kirby-star-allies-adeleine-ribbon-trailer-1030x438.jpg (1030x438, 40K)

If you actually think a significant population of emulator users are first time players you're a fucking retard.

The best Banjo & Kazooie game on N64 sold around 3.7 million.
At the moment of the chart, 21 million Switch were sold.
Of those 21 million sold, 60% are people who could have been playing Banjo & Kazooie when they were kids, leaving us with 12,6 million.
Let's say that all Banjo buyers are in it, that means 29.37% of the "boomers" played or liked Banjo.
At the end of the day, there is maximum 17.62% of people owning a Switch who played Banjo & Kazooie on N64.
So objectively only less than 1 Switch owner on 5 can really care about Banjo, the rest are either bandwagoners or falseflaggers. And this number keeps decreasing.

If 1 million sales in almost 2 years is what more than what they expected... That's sad.

tweaktown.com/news/63930/super-smash-bros-uitimate-sakurais-piranha-plant-decision/index.html
According to Sakurai, they were chosen to be unexpected, and there is one per game. This time it was Piranha Plant. And those three you mentioned are also surprise characters
>A DLC character could be the surprise
And this time, it was the Plant, who is DLC.

>still no argument about why the game is supposedly shitty
You're defelction ain't working. Quick, think of something else!

>Let's say that all Banjo buyers are in it, that means 29.37% of the "boomers" played or liked Banjo.
That's obviously not the case because most sane people eventually grow out of playing children's games. Those that remain are the retards who create and populate threads like these.

he's smash bros. beautiful and don't you forget it!

Attached: basedbeelzemon.png (716x1014, 832K)

Stop assuming every user is the same person, it ruins your own discussions. Lurk 2 more years.

Heh, I wanted to do some maths because of the user shitting the 6% statistic.

Rash

Fuck banjocucks

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.39M)

Kazooie on N64 alone has sold more than P5, and Joker got in. What's exactly your point here?
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/04/persona-5-sales-numbers-2019/

We also haven't considered the percentage of those players who probably are dead.

Joker at least has relevancy on his side so he's fresh in everyone's minds.

> no game in the last 12 years
> no interest from the creators and developers to return to this IP
> parent company literally bankrolls smaller indie comps new for their cartoon animal games aimed at young children
> DLC chosen by Nintendo suits who stated they want Smash to raise awareness of Switch software
> Sakurai himself has never once shown a desire to add them, only used them as an example when explaining why Nintendo era Rare stuff wasn't easy to license
Back to the cereal box sir

Attached: 1547440936316.png (469x521, 443K)

persona 5 is relevant in 2019. banjo-fursuitie has been a dead franchise for over a decade now.
persona 5 is on a platform with actual competition. banjo was on a flop console with hardly any other games.

In a word, gregarious. She's a person that goes out of her way to explore new places and make friends, both to expand her horizons and just for the fun of it. She's one of the few people that is both Kirby and Dedede's friend, she was even able to make friends with Dark Meta Knight. In her boss fights she draws minions that come to life and fight for her. Although she herself is fragile and unremarkable, her painted friends are powerful. Between her gentle personality, painting/drawing abilities, friendliness, and unwavering enthusiasm for life, she makes a perfect support character for Kirby. She's a very brains over brawn character, so in Smash Bros, I imagine she would be a summoner that requires good strategy and planning to use effectively. She should be able to paint all sorts of different characters that behave differently in the stage, creating a large variety of setups and strategies the player could use, while she herself doesn't have the best physical strength or durability to compensate for the usefulness of her paintings.

Attached: adeleine paint dragon.png (303x263, 132K)

No point, I just made it for fun to see what percentage of Switch users could really care about Banjo.

It's amazing how much a 20 year difference can make, isn't it? Time sure does exist.

woah

Attached: Crash_Bandicoot_from_N._Sane_Trilogy_promo_render.png (1024x768, 626K)

Don-chan

Attached: 1541983994171.gif (370x300, 193K)

Why is being correct retarded? Banjo-Kazooie is always among the most popular roms on sites.

>going on the defensive
lol banjocucks

What about second-hand players and rerelease players and the like? You can't really account for this shit.

>"Banjo is dead character"
>continues to live in the hearts of his fans
>and in the heads of his enemies rent free
Damn. How can one 20 year old character be THIS based? Keep on rocking Banjofags. You have my support.
And everyone else's if that wasn't obvious already.

Attached: 1534660581190.jpg (482x381, 160K)

Unironically Erdrick. He's been my most wanted for a quite a while. Fuck Vergeben for making him a target for children to whine about.

Attached: 300px-Hero3male.png (300x390, 147K)

>Banjo-Kazooie is always among the most popular roms on sites.
I never disputed this. I disagree with your stating that a significant number of those users are first time players. The vast majority of people who emulate games played those games in their childhood, or at least are old enough to have known about them when they were in relevancy.

Attached: 1550437792753.png (748x800, 600K)

>"Banjo is dead character"
no games in over a decade and no games coming in the future is the definition of a dead character.
>And everyone else's if that wasn't obvious already.
if that were true, banjo-threeie would be out by now.

You're only dead when you're forgotten, user

Attached: 1548379998003m.jpg (577x1024, 77K)

it's not an actual argument, just an excuse to devalue a fighter's chances without any effort.
if the character actually did have relevancy, they'd instead just be called "flavour of the month" or "too recent"

>continues to live in the hearts of his fans
lol no

>me
>taking garbage posts like yours seriously
Nah. Eat shit faggot.

If you want a garbage post, just look at

haha yes anybody could get in maybe next they'll put in captain america or iron man lol

Attached: dingding.jpg (683x817, 138K)

Well he does live inside your head it seems if anything.

Attached: 1548361429412.jpg (385x370, 34K)

another banjo-kazoomer with no arguments against the facts. nobody other than smash rosterfags gives a shit about banjo. if they did, rare would still be making new banjo games.

Proof of that claim?

>wojak
Opinion discarded.

He's going to get in because I said so, you jealous cuntbag.

>Calling out retards is the same as the character living in my head
I swear I've heard Genofags try to push this same exact argument. Pretty cringe.

Proof of yours?

>Wario will never have Wario's personality in Smash

Attached: 1486232722817.gif (90x90, 51K)

>All these butthurt replies
Excellent work user

It's amazing just how steaming refusteves are now that the discord fell apart.

>Replying to your post because your feelings are hurt that people made fun of you

remember when geno and isaac were getting in because you guys said so?

Attached: Dq7Exi9W4AAiREu.jpg (1200x800, 171K)

Banjo-Kazooie being extremely popular across rom sites. Now prove your claim that everyone that emulates only does it to replay games they've played before.

>51 posters
>280 posts
This is impressive.

>Banjo-Kazooie being extremely popular across rom sites.
this is your proof? lmaoooo

> DLC chosen by Nintendo suits who stated they want Smash to raise awareness of Switch software

Yeah really enjoying Persona 5 on Switch

>B-BUT THEY ADDED JOKER TO PROMOTE THE MUSOU SPINOFF

Ya seethin
Ya boilin

Remember when you said K. Rool would never get in?

I agreed on Banjo being popular on rom sites. Once you find evidence that pc emulation brings in a significant amount of new players, tell me and we can each post our graphs at the same time, okay?

zoom zoom

Copius Giganticus

Its just the COPE guy replying to himself over and over again

Not just that but Atlus outright confirmed it was Sakurai who called them up and wanted him in.

YA FROTHIN

cope

The main deal with how relevancy works is about how it's "relevant for gaming/fans" vs "relevant by the company itself".
For example, Joker right now is in the perfect spot to be in both, he has his plethora of fans, and Sega/Atlus promotes his series and spinoffs.
Then we have someone like Corrin/Roy, who despite the fact Nintendo had promoted their games, both are on a weird spot between like, hate and plain indifference.
Banjo Kazooie, unfortunately, is in the complete opposite, he's loved by fans and has some support, BUT Rare/Microsoft stopped giving a shit about them since the disaster of Nuts and Bolts.

but i didn't. only zoomers like you were saying that.

I think the real root of this problem is that all banjofags are furfags

No shit Sakurai's going to be the one asking permission for characters. Are you retarded?

>BUT Rare/Microsoft stopped giving a shit about them since the disaster of Nuts and Bolts.

Attached: banjo-web-vertical-reg-01_1.jpg (1100x1500, 219K)

Why the fuck do you care so much retard
Do you even play the game

And I never said Geno and Isaac were gonna be in. Pretty silly to assume stuff like that, huh?

>And I never said Geno and Isaac were gonna be in.
sure you didn't

I care because I play Smash a solid 15-20 hours weekly and want a character I really enjoy to be in so I can play as them

Try to re-read that. I said its because Samurai wanted him in. What reason would Nintendo want him? To promote P5 Royal on a rival console?

Don't forget that Phil is ok with Banjo coming to smash, he could have say nothing and people would have given up on Banjo returning

you seem pretty mad, user
you should cool off ;)

And I'm sure you never said K. Rool wasn't going to be in. ;)
See? I can do that too

Was that meant to counter my argument?
You know figurines rights can be easily made for a ton of shit, and yet if Banjo Kazooie had been pushed after N&B, people would probably have gotten a remake or something before.

Still, 10 years have passed, and the only thing BK got is a figure plus getting into Rare Replay, unlike franchises like KI and Battletoads who are actually being worked on.

>I said its because Samurai wanted him in.
You need to reread what I said. Sakurai's obviously going to be the ones contacting companies for their characters. You're retarded if you think Sakurai asking Atlus for Joker means anything else. You also need to reread the article you got your information from, because nowhere does it imply that Joker in because Sakurai wanted him. The past Atlus CEO just said that he was looking forward to the collaboration because he knew that Sakurai likes P5 and he likes Smash Bros.

Retro rep reporting in.

Attached: Lip Smash Moveset.png (959x2414, 445K)

How would you know there isn't something BK related in the works? Cloud got in way before the FF7 remake announcement. Even then, a character doesn't need to have a game currently in progress to get in. Where Simon's new game?

my nigga

Nope, not me. If you're gonna argue about sales in comparison to the Switch, look at Joker and the portbegging.

Attached: 2019-04-26 15.22.51.png (526x315, 43K)

Newcomer relevance arguments are entirely meaningless for smash, whether it be mass appeal or brand value etc. Yea Forums will be proven this as they have many times in the past, then they will proceed to whine about it when it doesn't pan out how they expected it would

Attached: lol.jpg (215x267, 15K)

> Rex
Too new retard, same reason we didn't get Wonder Red or Inkling in Smash 4

>Get called out for samefag
>T-THIS SCREENSHOT THAT I TOTALLY DIDN'T EDIT PROVES IT WASN'T SAMEFAG
yikes

>Joker
>Erdrick
>Ryu Hayabusa
>Steve
>Doomslayer

So how does this explain why Nintendo suits would choose Joker? What good reason do they have? P5 is not on their console. And neither is Banjo. (Although he was formally, and may still be if Microsoft keeps collaborating with Nintendo for Rare Replay)

5ch leak is fake

Dude, I'm a filthy phoneposter, I couldn't even edit out the post in the middle. Both of you are incredibly autistic.

Why do manchildren want Banjo in over Rayman?

> Older than Banjo, more history
> Has more games in Nintendo consoles
> Ancel wants to work on a Rayman game in the future
> Already has representation in Smash

Rayman shits on Banjo, he needs more love from rosterfags

>So how does this explain why Nintendo suits would choose Joker?
Sakurai asking Atlus for permission to use Joker is entirely unrelated to the fact that Nintendo picked Joker. I'm not retarded like you are and use out of context quotes from articles to support my arguments.

If you want evidence that 100% confirms Nintendo being the ones to pick Joker, just look at the tweet Sakurai said about the DLC selection process. Sakurai outright confirmed that Nintendo made the selection and that he only determined if Nintendo's selection could be fighters.

This is what it always boils down to.
>WHY BANJO? WHY NOT ____? REEEEEEEEEEE

I want both

Attached: 1550244051836.jpg (654x655, 21K)

Do you believe Bayonetta actually won the ballot during Smash 4 as well?

Biggest problem with Gayman is that he's a complete literal who in Japan. Very few of his games released there and they all sold like shit, especially in comparison to Banjo and Crash.

The only reason he's even repped in Smash is because Nintendo published the JP version of Rayman Legends.

Attached: platformersalesinjapan.png (1874x649, 108K)

Either Sega or Sakurai just doesn’t care to add another
he’s fine by himself anyway

source?

Some people want both. I do.

Considering Simon also placed pretty high on the ballot, I'm convinced all the 'fan ballots' that people abide by are trash and places like Yea Forums, Reddit and smash forums are absolutely terrible at gauging which characters are popular within the overall Smash fanbase.

Banjo's been my most-wanted since Smash 64, he's the one I want most by far.

Crash, Spyro, Chris/Leon, Dante, Doomguy, Tethu, Qbby, Frisk and pretty much any of Melee's remaining trophies would be great too.

Pq2 is on 3ds and joker is the main character

So, how badly are you gonna seethe when his trailer comes out?

Sakurai's main motto at this point is "fuck you. my game my rules."

Compare the release date of persona 5 royal to the 5ch leak, plus all the characters being reveal around e3 is unlikely