Commander, we have a new incoming XCOM thread

Commander, we have a new incoming XCOM thread

Attached: XCom-Bradford.jpg (500x468, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1723334446
polygon.com/2019/4/13/18309490/you-cheated-not-only-the-game-but-yourself-meme-sekiro
github.com/WOTCStrategyOverhaul/CovertInfiltration
github.com/long-war-2/lwotc/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619292810
vectorplexus.com/files/file/51-xsoldier-for-wotc/
twitter.com/XCOM/status/1116793107713069056
pastebin.com/kw37m8pG
kickass.so/xcom-enemy-unknown-the-complete-edition-2k-games-rus-eng-multi10-l-prophet-t10074329.html
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Major_Factions_(Piratez)
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Minor_Factions_(Piratez)
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Church_Exalt_(Piratez)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rocket Launchers are back for X2
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1723334446

You did play honestly, right?

Attached: 1556062021171.jpg (1085x921, 101K)

>Getting near the end of Enemy Within
>Save file gets corrupted
>Haven't touched it again for like a year
It still hurts.

Attached: 1544115371743.png (500x324, 105K)

Thought I would until I ran into those alien rulers that get a free move for every action you take.

wake me up for lwotc2

Attached: 1425132062102.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Government-backed shadow organization > duct tape freedom fighters

>entire first game is a simulation that you lose anyway
Fuck you aliens, I'll play by my own rules.

I did until the lategame
I savescummed a few times because I was bored and started to use squads of 6 Sparks or 6 Psykers

Going to play XCOM2 once I get q new graphics card

Are there mods which will let me have aliens on my team for the campaign?

Attached: b277c420828de6f485225f5a1fb59592.jpg (570x800, 73K)

>looks up sauce of image
>finds article of PolyCucks bitching about Sekiro and easy modes in the related article
talk about obsessed. good job, Yea Forums.
polygon.com/2019/4/13/18309490/you-cheated-not-only-the-game-but-yourself-meme-sekiro

Yup.
Love the gameplay of XCOM2 but I hate the new setting.

The setting and story of XCOM 2 was so shitty it made me drop the game halfway through. I can't believe the same people wrote Enemy Unknown

How worthwhile are MECs in EW? Starting a new playthrough now. Do you use SHIVs?

rent free

Why so much hate for Vipers?

Attached: 1548526314031.gif (500x500, 36K)

MECs are god-tier, they're wrecking machines that are tanks.
SHIVs kinda lost there spot after MECs showed up

Attached: Shutter+Island+1.png (1366x768, 875K)

IT DOES FUCKING NOTHING

Attached: Untitled.png (1135x495, 31K)

Shepard.

Oops, wrong commander

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (960x720, 43K)

Much more fun than gene-mods. But pretty fucked up with how much they cut off.

Yeah, but 2 is still more enjoyable for me.

Why would a flashbang work on aliens? It's designed to overwhelm human senses.

It doesn't work on strange creatures either.

Worth the money?

Attached: header[1].jpg (460x215, 56K)

>he didn't get it free
Depends how much you want a skirmish mode/the cosmetics.

I was recently playing a commander ironman run of Wotc, and everything was going very well despite some early losses. But then everything went to shit when the game crashed during a lost mission, because when I booted up the game again my save file was fucking gone. Damn game must crashed during a save, and there went my good run and hours wasted. Never again. I'll stick to honest man and save scumming.

Attached: 1552113885583.jpg (582x468, 20K)

MECs are pretty top tier. If you get a soldier with high aim they can become lasers with those big guns of theirs. I've only ever used end game SHIVs for fun though, dont know how useful they really are.

I really like this meme.
And yes, I did. Playing without savescumming is just so much more satisfying and fun.

Victory is more important. You do what it takes to win. The very existence of humanity was at risk. Any measures taken to ensure survival are justified.

Only save scummed bugs and glitches, apart from this one which amused me for a while.

Attached: MEC DLC Confirmed.png (318x529, 243K)

MECs are god, you want at least two for your A squad

base SHIVs are shit
Alloy SHIVs are very good, more health and act as moving cover
Hover SHIVs are really good, no cover but they're basically archangel armor long before you get archangel armor.

All of them benefit from the shiv weapon and skill upgrades, so you alloys won't necessarily fall off if you think you might want the portable cover instead.

the mini-campaigns are really fun, if you like based bradford and backstory definitely worth the what, 8 dollars?

Think we're gonna get that XCOM 3 announcment this year?
It'd be right on track for the 4 year dev cycle the last 2 games had but I can see Jake waiting for PP to come out first

Also
aliens > human-alien hybrids

Post kino cosmetics
I wish I had Beagles eye

Attached: Poster_075.png (468x702, 223K)

I make my squad look like a technicolour nightmare because otherwise I easily lose track of who's who.

I was balls deep in XCOM 2 Long War that I modded the shit out of it for a custom team that was hilarious to play, but after about a week I realized how tedious Long War had become and I fell out of love for it. It's seriously such a grind. I wish there was some balance between the difficulty Long War provides without getting spammed by missions every half second.

Attached: 90d.gif (329x302, 6K)

I save scummed every time someone died.

My squad is always power rangers with power armor, god I love the cosmetic customization in these games, I think I might start a new playthrough this weekend

egs memeing aside, has anyone played phoenix point? is it any good?

If you're wanting to get back into X2, WotC is a real good vanilla update for the game and X2's more modular nature lets you tailor stuff a bit easier, with people porting LW2 modules to WotC slowly
github.com/WOTCStrategyOverhaul/CovertInfiltration
github.com/long-war-2/lwotc/

If only xcom2 wasn't full of enemies that take free turns and dodge everything and for shitty new mechanic where you destroy one wall and whole building collapses, killing your entire squad, maybe i wouldn't savescum.

>start up the game 3 days ago, fresh install with WotC and a couple of cosmetic mods
>works fine
>start it today
>game keeps locking up my entire PC and having to manually shut down
why
The reinstall is gonna take forever

>on final mission
>muton squad before the ethereal room
>throw a grenade at a prox mine
>game crashes
>file corrupted
>call it the canon ending, go on to two

Attached: 20171119135756_1.jpg (1360x768, 244K)

On the contrary, i can see him announcing XCOM 3 and prodding at pheonix point for being sell outs.
It's got to hurt to see your inspiration be a greedy fuck who doesnt care about his fans.

Attached: 1514340190306.jpg (776x430, 109K)

Why would Aliens even be interested about niggers in the first place?

Playable Aliens mod, but having a Sectopod/Gatekeeper on your team kinda ruins the balance
They also can't complete objectives, always bring a humie

I feel you, Commander.

Attached: 1555324297268.jpg (700x553, 40K)

Breeding material for chrysallids. It's a good idea.

So i see that almost no mods work with wotc? Is there something must have or just good to expand gameplay to use with it?

I recently finished EU (with no dlc). Should I go straight for XCOM2 or try the Enemy Within addon?

Attached: brad.png (792x638, 1.45M)

Enemy Within is definitely worth playing if only to punch Sectoids through walls

Imagine if they made an actually good xcom game set during the cold war, it would be the shit.

Last year I spilled vodka and fruit punch over my tower while playing xcom and my PC shut off and I thought I fucked it, realized what actually happened was that the power button got gunked up so I unplugged the power button and have been jump starting it with a screwdriver ever since lol

*AHEM*
Fuck XCOM
Fuck the elders
And fuck my sister

Attached: 1556132074044.jpg (464x406, 64K)

Just started a new EW campaign this morning, I haven't played since 2015.
I can feel XCOM 3 announcement soon, it's been 2 years since WoTC.

PLEASE COMMANDER

WE'RE THE LAST THREE CHOSEN WE NEED TO CONTINUE OUR SPECIES

IT WOULD BE SO EASY JUST FUCK MY SISTER

EW is fucking worth it user. Literally new everything.

Kill/Fuck/Marry

Attached: XCOM2_WotC_TheChosen_Assembled.jpg (1280x720, 269K)

who told you that? idiots on steam threads who have no idea how to mod?

Majority of mods these days are focused on WOTC support, even older cosmetic/voice mods work fine just that they won't be automatically available for the new faction classes.

>Falling for the iron meme
Your own fault.

It's not even out yet

How good are psychic soldiers? I've never really played with them and want to give them a shot on my next run.
Also, what tech do you rush for first, I feel like I'm never optimal in that regard

yes Just lost my first commando during UFO retrieval unfortunately, a critical hit out of nowhere.

Attached: DKvCCm2WAAI7bsq.jpg (276x368, 15K)

I’m waiting for someone to port RE2 HUNK’s outfit before I start up a new play through

Attached: 735DA16F-5092-4178-964A-46984D8EF47F.jpg (987x810, 58K)

Is it possible to gear up/stat up one character so much they could possibly solo a mission in these games?

Shivs have good defense while moving so are good for drawing reaction fire. Immune to poison, panic, mind control. Can be upgraded to heal every turn. And their guns have great power.

I wish there was a mission to redeem the Hunter.

Eenemy Within mixes things up a lot and introduces a lot of new maps/mechanics. Skip it if you're starting to feel fatigued with the format, but it's definitely worth your time.

Also consider taking a swing at the "Long War" mod, which makes so many changes that it actually feels like a new game

idk what it costs but it's good dlc

So the decision has been made. Thanks anons.

Not really.

depends on the class but yes

>Playing LW2 for weeks and weeks
>Slowly get the hang of it and find balance between new troops, intel and supplies
>Only manage to liberate ONE (1) (Singular) region out of all the fucking world map
>Oh wow, ANOTHER supply raid.

It's just not worth it

Attached: 1471719121935.png (818x918, 248K)

Unlikely due to the aliens advancing at a rate similar to you

reapers can use their bullshit stealth to solo missions

>How good are psychic soldiers?
On XCOM 2?
Very powerful, but they require lots of time investment. it's a nice multipurpose unit.
Mindcontrol and that "lightbeam" that goes through wallsand armor are very good.

e3 i hope fffuuck pls terror from the deep remake

Only in missions that require you to kill all enemies, which there are only a few off.

Is there a glitch where kidnapped soldiers don't get covert actions to rescue them but they still hang out on the Avenger? I lost my Ranger with the Hunter's Axe and after months of nothing,I saw him chilling in the bar.

I just want my axe back you stupid fuck

So the decision has been made. Thanks anons.

assume it's your pc.. check temperatures and usage

Not at all. I'm one of those cowards that hates to lose my dudes, so I'm cool with injuries but if someone dies the mission gets reset.

Very good, probably the closest unit to a 10/10 rating if the units were ranked. Takes a long ass time to get going though, and it can feel like a waste sending them out into the field instead of training them unless you really need them out there.

Like said. Grab that dlc, install Long War mod and you will be occupied at least until the next XCOM2 sale.

My boy JC Denton was captured for almost a full year before I finally got a council mission to rescue him.

Don't know if it's different with covert ops but I guess just keep waiting or realize the axe isn't as good as the TLP sword or katana

>playing Long War 1 Ironman Impossible
>get a base defense that was a pain in the ass
>get another base defense half a year later
That was the only time I cheated, I just didn't have the patience to spend another afternoon repeatedly smashing my face against a wall and hoping my DPSs would get their hits in before dying to enemies with bloated health bars

Attached: 1548526892220.jpg (600x450, 78K)

The psychic soldiers are really powerful but are never really worth it. You can't get them until the mid game and getting them at that point is a huge investment which never really pays off. I would strongly recommend avoiding them completely until late game, when you get tier 2 armour and plasma, because at that point you can afford to fuck around. I personally run a mod that removes the psi lab and makes the psi operatives normal soldier that you level. I do personally belive being able to unlock them this is kinda cheating, due to soulfire doing 4-6 guaranteed is bit strong and stasis being absolutely broken, unless you run mods that make the game harder. But yeah use the mod if you really want to use psi operatives.

that don't require*

The soundtrack for this fucking DLC is the fucking bomb

Attached: 1551050527215.jpg (746x541, 45K)

>that one track that plays when you complete a mission and get to the promotion screen
FeelsAbsolutelyGoodMan

Psi soldiers take a long, long time to fully train, but they eventually become the best unit in the game. If you build their training building, make sure to build it over a power coil or whatever, and build the 2nd training slot. I'd be stupid to invest a lot into the thing, but then not train 2 guys at once.
Regarding tech, doo you mean guns? Armor? All depends on what research breakthroughs I get, but magnetic weapons are the surer bet.

So which of the hero units do you guys like starting with? If you could would replace that starter hero with a spark instead?

sparks are way too vulnerable until their plate armor upgrade

skirmisher is my favorite, reaper is definitely the most OP but the other two are way better to start with because baby reapers can't do shit on gatecrasher in comparison

Templars are ridiculously powerful.

Attached: XCOM2_WotC9.jpg (1920x1080, 438K)

Always templars, they make the chosen warlock obsolete and force the assassin to attack your parrying templar with her first attack if you somehow fail to reveal her with your battlescanner.

I Don't understand how people play without ironman. The entire game is based on risk/reward and dealing with bad situations, if you save scum it makes it all pointless.

For funs, the Templar. For a serious run, the Reaper. I skip on the Skirmisher for the most part. Last playthrough I didnt even took the Skirmisher on a mision at all.

A shinobi would know the difference between honor and victory.

>Save scumming
Casual detected

Do you guys prefer psionics being a trainable class or skills on top of an existing class?

Psionics felt much better in enemy within.

How's XCOM2 now that all the expansions/dlc are out?

I'm not too sure about the whole guerilla and timed missions thing, in fact I skipped the game on release because of it coupled with the terrible performance issues, but damn I'm so starved for a tactics game and I loved EU/EW.

Attached: 1527904675603.jpg (746x739, 48K)

I prefer trainable class. Its one more soldier to have on a seperate class. Therefore, in the event of a death you dont also lose another class along with your psionics.

EW style for maximum OC creation

Its very good. And with WotC you can automatically double all timers before you start a game, so the problem is mitigated right there.

>Victory is more important. You do what it takes to win. The very existence of humanity was at risk. Any measures taken to ensure survival are justified.
It's a fucking video game, nothing was at risk

What's the mod called? Can I be lazy and get it off the workshop?

and nothing was gained, checkmate

Given it's possible Firaxis games might go Epic Games, there's no reason they'll do that.

Beaglerush, just release the modpack already.

>original x-com aliens
>x-com 1:classic ufo space ayys
>x-com 2:underwater cthulu ayys
>x-com 3:interdimensional biotech ayys
>new xcom
>xcom 1:classic ufo space ayys
>xcom 2:the ones from the first game but a bit different and also they control the goverment
lame

Attached: 1550321338308.png (355x483, 295K)

>long bore 2
it's time to move on to WotC

Any mods that significantly vary up the gameplay yet? Any lore friendly lewd mods?

This.

The guerilla thing felt pretty stupid.

Yeah I play games for the “setting.”

Thanks man, wasn't aware that option existed.

Attached: 1529019408465.png (299x455, 236K)

I thought I'd dislike it more than I did, you're still basically an elite shadow government force in practice

They vastly improved performance for WotC too

For anyone who wants to play somewhat similar tactical-cover-shooty games, try Pathway. Nothing beats LW2 + Grimy's (IMO) in terms of tactical-cover-shooty gameplay but Pathway is actually one of the better ones I've tried recently.
What other recommendations do you guys have?

Attached: pathway.png (1920x1080, 227K)

The Alien Rulers are fucking bullshit. Fuck you, Vahlen.

Would a cracked copy of WoTC work on a legit Steam copy for XCOM2?
I got the Deluxe edition with all the DLCs long before the expansions was even announced. I don't want to pay extra for it now and I don't really want to waste more time waiting for a chance it 'might' go lower than it already is.

Attached: 1549501367003.png (600x753, 546K)

game journos BTFO

Attached: Xcom 2 expectations.png (1744x2056, 2.94M)

MISCREANT !

I liked the ISIS maymay more

Attached: Central Officer Bradford.png (487x333, 356K)

it was a good maymay

Attached: behead those who insult xcom.jpg (600x337, 126K)

The hype leading up to release and the FUCKING delay was something magical, I never quite got how it was considering until that point everybody hated EW for "muh RNG"

A shame all the daydreaming of overhauls and ISIS mods petered out pretty much overnight, I guess the shitty launch didn't help either.

Attached: 1433441334284.png (660x320, 339K)

OP utlity, great survivability, decent aoe damage, sub par single target dmg, weak dmg against robots.
You are gimping yourself if you don't bring PSI on the last two missions

Maybe psychic soldier if you get mind contol off on gatekeeper early in the mission

Don't forget
>abilities can be cast without LOS so a Reaper can let you Null Lance or Vortex in a different building with 0 chance of being seen

Thank god they switched to skulltoid from pectoid face

Attached: 1465984802272.png (813x679, 649K)

Interesting question, I don't have an actual answer but I'd say probably not.

Separate class that way you don't have to choose between using class vs psi abilities and you are not compelled to rebuild your A team with only psi gifted guys

People who say they never savescummed in XCOM are obviously lieing.

Of course, you savescum in your first campaigns, when you don't know any better. Then you realize how much it fucks up the games and teach yourself out of it.

Some people are naturally blessed with good fortune, and they never experience the absolutely bullshit misses that other people get.

the touted mod support seems like it didn't reach its supposed potential, what happened friends

I miss them bros...

Attached: 12743547_1128371917194842_5295241803712982805_n.jpg (680x493, 49K)

I HEARD YOU WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH SNAKES WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU SOLDIER?

Attached: XComEW_Central_Officer_Bradford_Gun_to_Head.png (1300x746, 1.42M)

I savescum in long war sometimes because clear fucking bullshit happens, fight me if you want

Attached: I know kung fu.jpg (900x1350, 132K)

I can't wait for Hunter to return in xcom3
pls

MY MOMMY NEVER RAISED MY RIGHT SIR IM SORRY I HAVE A BIG TITTY MOMMY COMPLEX AND IM ALSO A XENOPHILE I ALWAYS LIKE LOOKING AT HENTAI OF BIG TITTY INTERSTELLAR MOMMIES PLEASE FORGIVE ME SIR

mods have been getting more sophisticated I guess. (finally have rocket launchers after 3 fucking years) I think it just couldn't retain the following EW had and the only kinds that really flourished were cosmetic mods because it's easy to do and definitely one of the strongest points the game has to begin with.

Well the problem with EW and EU is the fact that all your rolls are predetermined. I fucking had two shots done one hit and one misses, and if I swapped which units attacked, I'd get the same result. Same with my rockets going off kilter means if I did a regular shot, it would still miss.

But Central, YOU ARE THE SNEK!

Attached: 1554257443258.png (3000x3000, 1.8M)

People said that in XCOM you usually miss hits with 98% chance. I usually succeded with 15% and lower while not even savescumming. That's XCOM skill bois.

delete this right now motherfucker

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARHGHEHGEHBELELGHELE HBEUEHBBAHSUBEBRAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1545237114500.jpg (550x281, 28K)

I wish I can get the mission spam/reinforcement so I don't have to do some other things to increase the mission count and making larger pod sizes. Makes my custom balancing hell of a lot easier and easier on my trash pc.

Brainlet commander here, let me tell you my story
>Be brainlet commander, play on normal and no ironman
>play as normal, savescum if soldiers die
>savescum to make sure the alpha squad is all psionic
>train a sniper and support to colonel to butcher them up as MEC
>farm meld until I have enough to give everyone genemod
>recruit and dismiss new soldiers to make sure every soldier in the barrack is psionic
>use hover SHIV because I'm too lazy to train new soldiers in lategame

SIR, SNEKS ARE CUTE SIR!

Attached: Miia.png (1280x720, 819K)

this is some high level autism

Does it really matter if rolls are pre-calculated? All that matters is the output of the rolls follows the stated distribution.

2 fixed by actually having your rolls change when savescumming. EU and EW had your rolls predetermined unless you changed the order of things you do.

wait. there are people who dont play this ironman? what the fuck. Yea Forums is a bunch of casuals.

Not when my one 95% shot misses on the first shot, and my 35% shot hits, then I reload the save and swap the shots and now the 35% shot misses and the 95% shot hits. And I reload and do that 6-10 times to make sure I'm not imagining it.

>you dont have to train new soldiers if you savescum
That's it poeple who don't savescum are total brainlets.

what exactly was eggsalt hoping to accomplish by picking a fight with a top secret government funded anti alien combat unit with access to futuristic weapons?

Attached: xcom exalt panic.png (1049x550, 284K)

2 works the same way that 1 did.

The seed will change once if you savescum (even if you kill the task in ironman) but all subsequent attempts will have the same new seed, which you can manipulate with shooting from different positions or with different soldiers.

Are the mod tools as open as they said/is it just a matter of lack of willing people? I remember people bitching about Firaxis' limited mod tools for civ v and vi

Transhumanism and probably power.

I guess they need a little asterisk to say save-scumming need not apply

>Terrorist propoganda videos as you attack alien soft targets

FUCK, that would have been great

Wrong, I reloaded a save like 20 times to get a different outcome for my rocket to not go off course and it kept rolling for a miss, same thing happened with a shot between a support unit hitting and my sniper missing, then changing the order of those attacks and so my support unit would miss and my sniper would hit even though their percentages were still the same and it was only if I did those specific actions in that order.

well they're supposed to be some deep old illuminati-type organization, they probably wanted to establish themselves as an ally to the aliums when they squash xcom

More power, a use for their spare paramilitary force, alien goodies, or possibly just new furnishings for their base

Attached: 12742502_476697062518187_6894421427541101221_n.jpg (960x720, 71K)

>implying xcom werent the transhumanists
Sad we never got our gene mods/ MECs
Was really intresting from a thematic stand point

I wouldn't be surprised to find out they were being manipulated by the ayy lmaos, sure they attacked the aliens too but it's not like the Elders give a fuck about their grunts. Much more valuable to have a sekret sneeky club to oppose XCOM without them even knowing they're being controlled.

>be ironman Longwar nigga
>crash and game corrupted
>weeks of time down the drain
never again

>EXALT want transhumanism
>meanwhile, XCOM are chopping off their soldiers legs and replacing them with cybernetics and experimenting with psychic powers

B I G
T H I N K

The implication from Vhalen is that EXALT is doing extensive gene modding as well but without care for pussy shit like "safety", hence EXALT gene modded lads having ayy lmao eyes and veins and shit whereas XCOM operatives still look normal.
EXALT not-MECs would have been neat though.

VIGILO CONFIDO

Attached: 1454206084396.png (2000x2208, 758K)

Exalt mecs would be brains in a jar on tank threads and shit

hardcore exalt mecs would be dope, they could go full chop chop and have an entirely robotic body with only a brain/nervous system horribly wired in to control it

or maybe go full 40k and just have dudes me an ugly mess of flesh and metal, though they probably wouldn't have the same style as mecs and mechtoids

Attached: 40komi.jpg (590x850, 144K)

I feel they'd go for something extreme but also somewhat aesthetically pleasing, maybe closer in looks to an archon then a mech.

I could see EXALT going full Strogg on MEC "candidates", not even bothering to go for the incognito look they try with their basic units. Something like Cyborg Berserkers from Helldivers. Whereas even T1 MECs are clearly refined tech, if clearly experimental, EXALT ones are hydraulics and shit bolted straight onto some (probably drugged out of their mind) EXALT guy's butchered up torso.

Attached: 200px-Berserker_D.png (200x236, 66K)

>tfw xcom 2 doesn't have mecs
>tfw can't turn my troops into murder cyborgs
feels bad

Attached: Robocop 2 Robocain.jpg (1305x1825, 464K)

Xcom doesn't have the goal to turn humanity into a new superhuman next step thing as a whole.

>on a last mission in Xcom 2: WOTC
>legendary ironman
>attempt to take control of enemy sectopod
>my high hack skill/medic specialist fails 80% check
>said sectopod proceeds to critically hit my medic, killing him and my run instantly

Attached: 100% ANGER.gif (255x164, 1.63M)

Attached: xcom flamethrower.webm (830x463, 1.77M)

man this felt good

Thanks, was looking for something like this.

I never thought 2 could top flamethrowers and proxy mines

then Remote Start came along and took me to new heights

Been rewatching a lot of beagle's stuff, nothing brings me more joy then proxy mines

Wait what exploded?

Depends on if i felt it was a fair momement. I don't mind losing my best soldiers as long as it made sense and wasn't a complete RNG fuckery several soldiers missing at 90% hit chance, only for the single one HP cunt to crit-kill the leader from across the map.
I suppose the best way to prove that you're not a bitch is to post the endgame memorial

What are the odds of Beag's finishing his current campaign?

What are the odds of him ever rescuing Sussikaan?

Proxy mine

>Implying Enemy Unknown (or Within) had a good plot to begin with
It's literally ayy imaos invading. Full stop.

proximity mines placed beforehand

apparently long war after version 15 doesn't let you do that anymore because anything that's effective must be removed

Thats why I never bothered with hacking shit, other than the necessary hacks to complete mission or advance story. Even when I purposely increased a dude's hacking, it still feels like any hack is on a 93% fail chance and only 7% success rate, no matter what odds are presented.
Hacking like what you say, a sectopod, should only be used when you actually have a back up plan (beacons, stasis, etc...) in the case of the inevitable fail, or as the absolute last resort. Even when you have a back plan, its probably best to not buff a sectopod anyways.

Attached: 1555665413222.gif (506x516, 443K)

corrupted saved file is probably the canon ending anyway, it literally didn't matter what progress you've made in the previous games according to xcom 2

I'm a filthy youtube watcher so not sure if I'm up to date, but all these rough wipes aren't filling me with hope. I worry the aliens will just get too strong and the chosen will just continue to be dicks until he can't keep up.

>using medics

Attached: 1510497178335.png (483x426, 369K)

XCOM 2 is by far the best game in the modern turn based strategy/tactics genre. It has a lot of content, variety, and mods. Its only not the best choice if you prefer the older style of action points and 3D projectile simulation etc.

>apparently long war after version 15 doesn't let you do that anymore because anything that's effective must be removed

Ah the same philosphy as darkest dungeon.

In the orginal X-com you can do Cydonia with just power amour and Blaster bombs.

He sais Legendary ironman... Medics become very handy in the higher difficulities, specially in ironman.

Post you must have mods, I'll start.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1619292810

Once you get the plasma grenade and a fistful of war suits you can pretty much rickroll the entire game.
The only true challenge comes in with 2x-3x enemy pod size, more enemy pods, diverse enemy pods, and constricting yourself to only ever using bonded soldiers together (necessitating not using 6 grenadiers for everything).

>That haven mission that had 23 fucking spawns

Attached: judgejuryexecutioners.png (710x801, 860K)

Both have their ups and downs
I'm still torn honestly

It's canon that Exalt became the first Advent.

people don't actually balance shit like that do they?

Where the fuck is my lamia resistance soldiers mod?
All I want is to fight Advent alongside my waifu! Is that too much to ask for?

Attached: 1453798772187.png (1280x1920, 735K)

Proving Grounds Overhaul and some custom classes/skill tweaks.
Reaper needs Death From Above by default. Not as a random chance skill.
Skirmisher needs his ripjack attacks to be able to crit.
Templar needs fortress blamestorm and reaper by default. This class is terrible without them.
Grenadier get ALL of the most useful gun abilities as well as the best secondary weapon. Most of the gun abilities should be liquidated and repurposed as XCom Guerilla skill tree for all classes. Smart ammo to combine shred and holotarg, Double Tap passive ability which fires twice on all regular shots but obviously uses double ammo, get rid of chain shot and rapid fire. Supression should be on literally every class. Etc.

Did any of you tried recreating your character from the previous Xcom games you played?
I tried it but then at some point I realized it didn't actually work out too well in terms of continuity or anything like that since I never failed the previous game so they should just be alive, or probably either dead or super old by the time the second game takes place anyway.

Attached: 1547217739377.png (325x319, 165K)

Beagle's mod he's testing in the current campaign looks fun, but I'd love to see the addition of a rocket launcher and flamethrower to grill some ayys. Did he say when or if he'd release the complete pack?

It's ok to savescum Terror from the Deep isn't it?

and I want a season 2 of Monster Musume but we don't always get what we want

Attached: Xcom 2 Mosume.jpg (1280x1067, 156K)

takbir brother

>tfw you do 3 base assaults in a row and send the ayys bonus research back to the stone age

Attached: 1448463847216.jpg (762x613, 39K)

Iridar releases rockets like today. Its linked in the first few posts of this thread.

Old or new voice for bradford

You don't need medics if you kill everything before they can hurt you

but user, the chosen are humans...

>blacksite attempt goes well
>next mission greeted by early archon and a wall of mechs

that bugged alien mod made things into nightmares

Attached: 12438985_181404305550270_7849529551238027429_n.jpg (600x833, 39K)

I wish they had made it so you could hunt down only two of the chosen, with the last going into hiding until the end of the game. That way they could at least bring one of them into a sequel.

Xcom 1 was pretty much "Defend earth" so it was pretty simple and hard to fuck up. Xcom 2 is a bit more "unbelievable" in how they executed it. Not that leading a resistance movement under an ayylien occupation isn't a cool idea but they did it a bit badly

>Punished Bradford somehow managers to come across a large alien transport shift that some Ayylmao just parked out in the desert and forgot about.
>Commander is in some public clinic in the middle of a city waiting to be rescued.

I hate that you're correct. I was honestly surprised when I just threw away defensive options and just roll to kill the aliens. The missions go so much faster and you take so little damage

>Assault runs up to Alien
>90% chance to hit
>brings Super Plasma Shotgun up, places the barrel right on the Alien's face, fires
>miss
>Grey alien midget shoots at my Heavy who's under good cover from across the map with his shitty wrist plasma thing
>shot doesn't connect to the Heavy's model
>Hit, Crit for 20
>Heavy fucking explodes
>whole team panics

Fuck this game

Attached: b7bk4b4qrkp11_1.jpg (631x465, 46K)

They backwards the fuck out of the game intro. The commander should have been the offscreen save and the ship should have been the opening mission. Bradford and co. Raiding and subsequently stealing the ship.

I'll add that it would have been cooler if like,
>Start in a single region
>Reverse engineer small ships like the transport ship for that region. Get the first ships through raids.
>Then when you have done the first "act" of the game you get tp build the big ship that takes your troops around the world.

Yeah, but sometimes one of your dudes end up getting hurt one way or another, in which case a medic is useful.

>yfw 2k will make XCOM 3 epic store exclusive
The loss of the workshop support is why I'll be pissed

Attached: 1512080717147.jpg (640x640, 70K)

It makes sense though, because the devs are being silly and postmodern. Both the first and second games hint this is all a simulation. So getting the ship out of the blue and the commander being in some local little clinic are delibrate contrivances to get the players campgain started. I suspect we will get something similar in Xcom 3. We get another big ship/sub rather than a base, and we are own. Going into the deep sea to fight the aquatic ayy lmaos.

>Basically control the world
>Can't find a fucking flying aircraft carrier
the absolute state of ayylmaos

I doubt they'd be that fucking silly. Mods are basically the lifeblood of XCOM 2 now. Considering how much people love long dong, and long dong 2 I'll doubt they'll change it.

If there's no workshop then I'm not going to buy their stupid shitty game.

There's long war for 2?
Really liked it for 1, despite some bullshit HP on late game enemies

what are the odds we're in another simulation for 3?

Aquatic Ayylmaos would be fun but only if all our characters are in mechsuits and we fight ayyysharks and ayyywhales and the final boss is an ayyykraken that becomes ayyycthullu otherwise it sounds really restrictive to docks beaches and more fucking docks.

Have you never used nexus before? Hell, real oldskool gamers™ had to suffer the fucking planets and later moddb for our fix

The plot is fucking retarded.
>Etherals: "GOD FUCK, GOD I WANT TO FUCK AND BE SEXY HUMANS TO FIGHT CTHULU"
>Etherals: "I KNOW LETS TURN THEIR MAJOR CITIES INTO ZOMBIE INFESTED SHIT-HOLES"
>Etherals: "oh that was a bad idea, now there are like less than a billion people and Xcom can hide over 90% of the earth with impunity. I'll just give this fucked up shit hole to one of our fucked up adopted kids when Cthulu comes to eat it". After we become sexy humans of course.

Yup, it's been out for a while.

The whole zombie thing was a side effect from the first invasion, I don't think it was deliberate.

How does it hold up? Improve the base game or just feel like it adds irrelevant (but maybe fun) stuff?

Oh yeah, and the etherals also cosplay as psychic human commandos.

The ship was an ayy designed ship so if had good stealth systems. Plus, its just ONE ship, much harder to find than several of them.

I don't like the vortex mod manager.
In fairness I've never used it for a game where it's been hugely beneficial. I've just been using it for new vegas. But as it stands I don't want to deal with waiting around for some fag to pull an MCM out of his ass only for no one to use it and tell you to edit the config files manually thus defeating the ultimate purpose of a fucking mod manager to begin with.

You guys were there for it.. no?

Attached: TFTDVictory.png (1280x800, 23K)

Not played it, I'm sure there are youtube reviews etc. I imagine if you liked long dong 1, you'll like the second one.
Well TFTD had some really cool shit in it. Underwater fighting must have full 3d movement, that's gonna be the big draw. I imagine there will be actual darkness as well, so light sources will be more important. Cause you know the bottom of the ocean is pitch black.
>Lobster men, toughest Xcom opponent to date and make sectopods look like coke cans. Quite tasty
>Underwater tentacle raping chrysalids with 3d movement.
>Gill men, an offshoot of humanity who evovled to live in the ocean but did an advent and sided with the ayys.
>Aquatoids, underwater sectoids.
>Giant underwater dinosaurs with rocket launchers.

Attached: aquatoid.png (640x400, 14K)

brainlet here

>'the aliens don't need an infiltration unit anymore, so the snakes reverted'
>'those faceless are meant to keep an eye on us'
how does one reconcile these two?

>that one mission that went horribly, horribly wrong
What happened, user? Let it out.

Attached: 1395007805541.jpg (500x375, 30K)

Jake and his team can't write lol.
I love them but holy shit fire axe.

There's only one death i felt were movie worthy. The others have been mostly of dumb shit or in typical firefights.
Was that mission with the shark fishing boat where one soldier had to stay behind and blow everything up with a rocket along with herself to let the team escape without getting caught by those insect aliens

I've had too many to count. I've replayed Xcom 1 EW so much on classic and failed so much I drained the fun out of the game. Furtherest I got is up to the ethereal before getting fucked over. Like just one Mission. I'm glad the game defeated me, it was a test of skill and I lost fair and square

Xcom 2 I killed an enemy general but got wiped by Hunter's mech army. I did have a quite a cool "GET TO THE CHOPPER MOMENT" where I had to send my ranger back into stealth mode, and sneak past the mech army. On my second try I got defeated by Assassin's huge canon blowing up my avenger. She just kept harassing me, wasting my time. It was fun. It didn't help a third of the squad got wiped by an acid grenade.

Funny thing is failing a "Chosen avenger defence" or a normal one doesn't grant a game over, even on Ironman mode. I guess the devs are being lenient but I always quit after defeats like that.

Newfoundland was truly terror kino. That first playthrough was a massacre.

I'm sure Xcom 2 cast say that it was pretty much desinged to do that after a while as some form of terraforming.

Yeah, I lost half my squad. It was terrible.

>Huge ship even by ayy standards
>"It had stealth tech."
>Implying ayy's can't recognise their own shit.

C O N T R I V A N C E

>want to replay LW2
>remember I have to manage an army of incompetent rookies with 0% chance to hit for hours

Attached: autistic turn 360 and walk away.webm (516x436, 2.84M)

I'm still holding on. It seems like it sold well enough, so it's definitely in the realm of possibility.

Attached: 1463796524498.jpg (2000x2000, 282K)

the alien presence on earth is more like fort on the frontier than a real one world government

Pray for Okayado.

I fucking hope so
the OVAs are nice but I want a full season dammit!

Attached: monster girls surprised.gif (800x450, 2.83M)

Is LW2 any good?
I loved LW but the late game is so fucking trash.

It would be cool if we got some kind of training room to pump up stats. Like get them to at least level 3 or whatever. Like throw some rookies in the range for a month and have them hit above their level.

Oh, one cool thing. TFTD has these alien learning machines. Now X-com can't use them but these alien learning machines transfer all knowledge and experince to the user. So maybe as a cool end tier tech, like a colonel of whatever class transfers all their skills and experince to the rookies who go down that class.

Nobody is claiming any sort of award winning writting here...

I have absolutely zero shame in savescumming to the point that my units take no damage ever

The last thing XCOM needs is more ways to make soldiers unavailable when you need them.
Just remove the rookie rank altogether and make them start with a special skill so at least they have something to do other than missing their standard shots. Giving them a bunch of grenades is a lazy copout.

Yes,but it's dumb when shit like this exists.
I love these games but holy hell it's a bit contrived. Eh it's not terrible though. It gets the job done.

>being new to the game
>avoiding glitches

I only found Xcom 2 enjoyable by going full Islamic Fundamentalist and blowing up civilians

Considering outside of mods we can only have between 4-6 I get your point that they should start off more elite. The mod X-piratez of all things did a pretty good job at letting you recurit troops of varying quality levels. They also come with gear already on them. As far as I remeber it goes

>Slaves, trash. Cheapest
>Peasents, shit stats Cheap
>Gangers, similar to orginal Xcom operatives in the base game, can be amazing or you can have a soldier with no moral. Moderate cost, get guns and shit though.
>Warriors, very good starting stats but highest cost, get heavy amour etc.

There are other units you can get as well. Like your own sexy ayylmaos.

I find these games to be much more enjoyable when you throw caution to the wind. Taking a slow methodical approach will always end in tears

Attached: Xcom.webm (640x360, 1.6M)

>got burned out playing crimson court.

I love you darkest dungeon but holy fuck the devs made some parts far too long
>t. DD 3

Does the super huge squad size mod work with the latest xcom 2 dlc's?

I usually just restart the entire campaign if something goes wrong early on. These games have such a retarded inverse difficulty curve where the things gets way easier once you have some experienced soldiers and equipment anyway.

My first xcom game was EU and i've always done ironman.

I'll give you the glitches one though, lost a campaign on last mission due to being retarded and mc'ing someone and losing mc on it past a door meaning i couldn't progress.

> Nerfed the fucking flag so he can't solo the entirety of crimson court in a single run.
Absolute cunts.

Yeah i agree the difficulty curve is retarded for xcom, early-mid game legend is way more difficult than mid-late

Fuck, I played on normal and the first facitly mission is harder than it has to be because bradford won't let you place the evac beacon where ever you want.

In other facility missions I just dunk it outside where I place the charges and run.

Yeah, I've heard about the tons of nerfs. I get devs want to control shit in the "intended experince" but god damn don't kill good player strats and discoveries because of it.

What would be some cool ideas for new alien enemies, and what the hell happened to \xcg\ is that kill?

>that one mission that went horribly, horribly wrong
>one
I fucking wish my guy

Attached: 1435522720628.jpg (717x960, 110K)

Fair point. But maybe it's one of the first ones that went wrong, so it stands out more.

>move guy one space
>sees the reflection of a muton through the teardrop of a passing bird mourning the bloodshed that shall soon come
>get fucked by 3 pods
every fucking mission my dude

Lack of players. Xcom 2 is old now and there aren't enough people interested.

Ayylmao ideas for TFTD 2.
>some play on the lost, maybe attacked by a school of ayy fish. Some are ranged based.
>More enemies that can panick from combat
>Ayys that can summon cover for themselves and allies.

>A bit different
>Sectoids

Pods need to be replaced by some sort of ai director that controls spawns . Working out how far you need to flank in this game without triggering another pod is too fucking vital.
For a game that encourages flanking this pod bullshit is too much.

>Xcom 2 is old now
Then why the hell is the whole set $100.

Attached: 1512074998557.jpg (480x602, 67K)

It's probably for the better
The "what if aliens kicked XCOMs ass so hard we lost before we even began" scenario is a million times better than fucking terror of the deep was

FUCK
YOU
totd is my fucking jam and I will not have you running your whore mouth about it fucking fite me faget

Attached: 1355034855010.jpg (648x3549, 214K)

You can like what you want but you gotta admit "all of our research and advanced weaponry is useless because it doesn't work underwater" is a pretty crappy reason to reset xcom to default stuff, compared to a non-sequel which assumes that all that research and development has never happened instead

>on the final mission
>the doorway into the final boss fight glitched out after only 2 people got through and broke
>this was an iron-man playthrough

Attached: 1388723780076.jpg (456x628, 50K)

I hope the next game has more than just Skirmisher-type Advent units that defect to XCOM's side.

Attached: 268500_20190324164534_1.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Old relatively speaking. The majority of people who are going to play it have already played it to death.

Dem advent codpieces are pretty big
>AYYED.COM

How can x-com even compete?

We all know exactly why you would want that user.

Attached: snek.jpg (1024x768, 96K)

okay I get what you're saying, sorry for overreacting.
But you also gotta admit that thematically the whole deep sea setting was a pretty cool direction to take it despite the plot holes.

And xcom2 thing isn't terribly original either, honestly the game gave off some serious Aftershock vibes, especially after wotc.

Advent has a really cool aesthetic and I like the direction they went in.

First time of my UFO Defence playthrough was a save scum first. But after awhile I complete the game on Ironman.

Attached: 1538711052523.gif (618x790, 343K)

>implying they even have dicks
>implying it's not just an advent propaganda move

I'm ok with that shit, learn it then do it properly.

I didn't mean to comment on Terror of the Deep as a whole, just on their justification for why XCOM was back to stock equipment when they went underwater
I like the setting too, I just don't think that XCOM is the kind of series where you can make proper sequels due to the way the games usually end with you taking back the earth by kicking every alien's ass to hell and back

Hey /xcg/, how come you don't exist anymore?
Also, how do I get Long War working on my pirated version of Enemy Within?

If genitals aren't important to advent clones, then why are there male and female advent soldiers?[/spoilers]

I mean you say that, but you need no resources to produce laser weapons. TFTD was some silly glorious shit.

In the next game, we should start off with plasma. It would be cool like starting off with Plasma as a tier 3 weapon, but the stocks are limited due to there being no more space ayys to steal element 115 from. So we get some legacy equipment, but once it's lost it's lost forever.

IS SNEK ALLOWED IN THE BARRACKS, ROOKIE PYLE?

Funny, because later, I realized how vanilla UFO is easy.

Attached: 1454240800428.png (638x477, 435K)

EIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Attached: 53300EF8-F15F-4E41-A81C-3799632DDB9E.jpg (594x334, 31K)

>why are there female advent soldiers?
same reason why there are female sneks
corruption

Am i the only one who was kind of a bit disappointed that ADVENT turned out to just be ayy produced Human hybrids? I really liked the idea that there were a whole bunch of Humans who supported the Alien masters and probably thought it was all for the betterment of mankind and that XCOM were just a remnant and had to be opposed. Could have had some interesting story developments with that too.

fuck Phoenix Point

why

>dishonest game
>play it honestly
What are you, retarded?

Attached: 1554847002492.jpg (640x740, 42K)

>characters dont go down at 0 hp
what kind of hand-holding-babyshit is this?

they didn't want us killing actual humans, but honestly it'd make more sense if they were just volunteers that have been brainwashed and heavily modified genetically into servitude as opposed of just lab-grown ayys

for going from a grimy low/ghetto-tech body horror concept to a thicc shoulderpad scifi faggotry

I thought porn wasn't allowed on this board.

I enjoyed having turn limits on missions

fite me

I didn't really notice having turn limits on missions because I never felt the need to play like my team all had asthma.

>fite me
lmao sorry but im afraid you don't have enough turns left to beat me

Why is XCOM2 so shit and how did they manage to make a sequel without using any of the great improvements made by Long War?

Attached: Rookies being deployed.gif (299x225, 1.91M)

Lucky that the shit is so easy to mod. I just keep a custom class ini file on the side so I can revert their stupid fucking changes and make the antiquarian a useful combat class.
Giving antis flashpowder a 1 turn mark on all enemies and having her heal effect the whole team with +1 health regen for (1/2/3/4) and then +2 at 5 was the best decision I ever made. Same goes for occ. Instead of giving a massive heal with huge variance give him a regen with 1/1/2/2/3 - 3/3/4/5/5 for 2 turns.
I don't give a fuck if it's "cheating". I'd rather have a useful skill than a pointless one.

Wow imagine not moving one square then max overwatch every turn. Absolute insanity

XCOM2 with the expansion is the best XCOM's ever been.

Commander, if we hope to counter the number of Mutons and Berserkers ADVENT has begun fielding, we must meet them on equal terms.

Attached: dfgyjhdty.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

> He's still playing the game with this fuckin team.
Basedtbqhwyf

Casul please

God I'm so fucking glad I lived long enough for people to stop sucking nu-xcom's dick and realize it's pure fucking garbage. The pods system alone makes this piece of shit unplayable.

Attached: fine.jpg (402x286, 19K)

>didn't OW spam in EW
>didn't OW spam in Long War 1 I/I
>had plenty of turns to spare in 2
>find out niggers and babies threw a bitch fit over the turn limits
I fucking swear shit players ruin everything.

Attached: 1555354036861.png (832x1229, 804K)

My bet is to appeal casual consumers. I'm still a bit mad that XCOM 2 is basicly a downgrade of EU\EW, but average GAYmer does not going to spend money on game where you need to spend 2 hours on a single mission.

Attached: 1538213988641.png (948x717, 202K)

Yeah, if you are talking about the orginal X-com you have so many more options and troops compared to the remake it's insane.

Hell the last tier ship takes about 20+ people to mars.

True but I don't blame Gollop for taking 3 million bribe to make it epic exclusive.

I never leave my big boys

Attached: Poster_008.png (720x1080, 774K)

I would hardly consider the new games to be of poor quality, but pods are a major fucking nope. Having the aliens ignore the rules you have to for the first turns of the game then basically cheating and getting a free move when you first see them is some serious bullshit.

I love that there was some inherent slider for men in the game and that mod just brings it all out. Shame there isn't one for female soldiers.

Is it any good though, epic assmad aside?

Stay gold ponyboy. Stay gold.

>brainlet think people hate timers because of OW abuse
Jesus christ, man, use your brain. People hate it because it kills your strategy game. You cant use scouting strategically to get to a favorable position because you need to get to some point in an arbitrary turn timer.

I'm still miffed that Vector didn't also do one for the female soldiers so we could have Amazon beauties along with the buff guys or let someone else use his mod to do that. Even more miffed that he lost his mind and abandoned modding and the internet just as he was about to finish the completely nude update for the mod.

Attached: Poster_018.png (720x1080, 1.16M)

no, that's the issue

epic exclusivity is a non-issue when torrenting exists

It's not even the worst part of the shitty pods system, it's that it's a top-down strategy game where you are LITERALLY punished for revealing the map. You are often put into situations where your best option is to LITERALLY use bad cover and retarded positioning and just keep exchanging tactically bad potshots, because using better strategy means revealing a little bit more of the map and you run the huge risk of accidentally activating 1-2 extra pods and now you're fucked because you thought you were being clever by not trading potshots like retard.

Attached: magic activation.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Yes you can you fucking mong, sounds like the only brainlet here is you. git gud

I'm starting to understand how the Ethereals works.
Basically advent in it's current form are just biomass for troops, all the other ayy's are like this. Pectoids replaced sectoids. The "masses" are very disposable to the Ethereal. Humans aren't being treated differently here. Ethereal do see themselves as uplifting humanity, but humanity as a whole rather than an individual.
If you are in the "elite" though, like Vahlen/Chosen then you get special treatment. I mean the Ethereals are a bunch of eugenics mother fuckers so it makes sense they'd only keep the very top of a race in it's purest form.

On another front the alien language resembles Chinese. Like modern china it's super high tech, but it's oppressive as fuck and the individual isn't cared for, or much rather the focus. It's more about the whole.

How do I download Long War mod onto my pirated EW game? It doesn’t work when I try to do it.

>2b Gets XXX-COM'D

>Gets fucked by an argument
>No you are wrong. Git gud meme hahaha
Like a clockwork

>game literally lets you waltz into the middle of enemy lines to get a good position to ambush them
>game has an entire class dedicated to sneaking through the whole fucking map to fuck the ayys from behind
>somehow user still can't recon without infinite turns
git gud

Come to think of it the ethereal are a inversion of eugenists. Rather than preserving they actively seek to create the most effective mutts possible.

Of course they recognise that the human form is superior. And probably to /pol/'s delight they choose the white race to be there avatars.

Missing
>Hallucinoids, psychic rapist jellyfish.
>Tasoth, Ethereals if they were actually durable.
>Bio-Drones, what if Cyberdiscs were smaller and faster but still exploded on death

>Requires Alien Hunters
fuck any mod that does this btw

Oh shit, Bio drones were great.
>Human and Ayy brains placed in jars and then zoom across the battlefield murdering shit. Bio-drones are in constant pain.

I didn't like the Tasoth as just felt like "we need a better etheral" they didn't really replace the final top tier trooper with anything novel. Actually same reason I dislike avatars. Fuck Avatars are basically just like the Tasoth in that regard then.

The pod system is alright if you arent playing like a retard. This is excluding the times when it seems like it arbitrarily fucks you of course. Imo, they should give you an indication of a possible direction pf where more ayys are so you can muiigate tghe chance of pulling more pods during a fight. Also, fix the fucking bugs.

Jesus, you are either really trying not to seem wrong or you are a dumb as a rock. The sneaking mechanic is dumb clutch mechanic that is entirely pointless and does not make a good substitute for proper scouting and positioning. I dont want to use that anymore than I do want to have a dumb arbitrary timer.

I do agree on the indication thing. The big problem is that the game encourages flanking but when running to flank pod triggers fuck you over. I think there should be some sort of ai director that sort of controls Pod encounters.

Obviously like on some maps there should be lots of pods, like advent bases. But out in the countryside it should be limited.
I know the pros spend a lot of time blowing up cover to get around the flanking problem.

>complains about not being able to recon and position accordingly
>mechanic allows for recon and positioning
>N-NOO! NOT LIKE THAT
git gud

Attached: 1556195761401.webm (600x338, 1.27M)

>if you aren't playing like a retard
That's the problem. "Not playing like a retard" means "intentionally don't use scouting". Because if you play like you would expect to play a topdown strategy game and use cover and scouting strategically OH WHOOPSIE DOODLE here are 12 more enemies that use their cheaty free turn to literally run past you, isn't that great?!

Attached: magnificent activation.webm (960x540, 2.35M)

Best part about Bio drones is that their screams of pain are what power their weapons.

how do you get this screen?

What I think would be alright solution is to have visual "hearing" guide every single turn with different level of proximity. It would give you atleast a general idea of how far the next pod is.

The USOPEDIA entry was good to post back in the day when Yea Forums just started to hate Bioware after the Dragon age 2 debacle.

Attached: bio drone.png (640x400, 15K)

whoosh

Yes. Not like that. The old style is superior in every conceivable way. And what are you trying to stroke your dick over? XCOM2 was easy as shit because of the power creep.
Get the fuck out of my face rookie.

Attached: Rookies breaching door.gif (320x180, 2.1M)

Ayy that's a good idea. A big problem is that it would take the fear and tension of exploring the map away. Some sort of hard limit on pods encoutners would be good. Which is what a simple director could do. Maybe as a tech reserach you could develop different tiers of radar to detect pods.

By the way special shoutout to the zerg flying enemy that literally ignores cover and just flies past everything to flank you because he gets free cover for being in the air, knows to abuse overwatch mechanics to fly just enough into your line of sight to shoot you without proccing it, and whose special ability is LITERALLY *teleports behind u*.
That's some fantastic fucking design.

Attached: flying into edge of vision to not proc overwatch.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD LONG WAR

>he didn't read the novel about how the resistance found the ship and took control of it

I dont think you should have tension of exploring the map. They could counteract it by having the pods move more around the map and having them hear you too and move towards you when you shoot.

>magnificent activation.webm
>shows a double move covered by a battle scanner
>in the real activation two of the ayys sit still while the others barely move
At least nitpick some proper examples like the awful vision angles in the graveyard missions

>reading a trash side novel.

Ok how did the resistance find and control it?

>I dont think you should have tension of exploring the map.

Bruh, that's a key part of X-com. Going into the unknown and being surprised.

>wtf I can't recon and position
>N-no! that recon and positioning enabling mechanic is not what I wanted!!
>a-actually I meant to s-say I prefer the old m-mechanics
If only you were as good at gitting gud as you were at moving the goal posts

Using the battle scanner literally revealed me to the enemies. As if it wasn't enough that the only safe scouting item in the game is shit and limited and never picked it's ALSO extremely buggy.
Sorry it wasn't a good enough example, princess

Attached: Desktop 07.10.2015 - 02.46.25.06.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.5M)

vectorplexus.com/files/file/51-xsoldier-for-wotc/

>I changed the Sectoid that showed up there into a more appealing Berserker.

Based insane gaybro.

>Using the battle scanner literally revealed me to the enemies.
It literally didn't, you can see in the webm you made that they activate once they get on top of your squad and get their free move then. That double move was pure bullshit but it was also pure RNG.

XCOM is easy, I dont know what people complain about.

Attached: ThatsEXALTbaby.webm (640x360, 1.32M)

2B is for 9S only

Attached: Poster_013 (2).png (720x1080, 583K)

No, I savescummed that same activation a few times. The enemies only did that shit when I used the battle scanner. That's also at least 2-3x longer than pods move on their own.
Being in a "revealed by battle scanner but not activated yet" state makes enemies buggy and often does that shit.

Attached: tactically chose to shoot the farthest away target in the best cover.webm (1920x1080, 947K)

>2b post puberty

I know the way modders have found to give the female soldiers bigger breasts is to give them clothes that are modeled for bigger boobs. Sadly no giant wall smashing amazons like the gaybros get.

Swamp in India. Shen fucking died retrieving it. Before that they took a trip to Antarctica volcano where Vahlen had her lab. Shen's daughter was beiefly kidnapped by Advent and her mind probed by Sectoid. One of the resistance member was caught by Viper when they were evaccing.

The novel was no way high literature but it had enough to be entertaining and giving insight to Advent cities and their rule and propaganda. It was great read right before getting Xcom 2.

Stupid meme arrow faggot. What are you going to do next, post a frog? I said my piece. XCOM2 arbitrary timer is shitty mechanic that prevents you from doing the strategically sound movement and instead forces you to move to an arbitrary (randomly generated mind you) point in the map. The Stealth mechanic is a clutch that lets you sneak past the enemies so you can get to that point. Its pointless time sinker.

>well-equipped secret paramillitary organization operating out of an underground base is replaced by a rag-tag group of rebels running out of an flying alien aircraft carrier
HMMM

Attached: AAA_Wunder.jpg (1440x900, 876K)

How'd it get into the swamp, did the ayy's park it on a swamp and it sank?

>That's also at least 2-3x longer than pods move on their own.
Jetpack dudes regularly move like that. The chryssalids and Disks are also guilty of doing double moves out of the ass. I won't argue that scanners don't alter behavior sometimes but your claim that " literally revealed me to the enemies" the enemies is wrong. The webm you just posted now also doesn't prove anything asides from your inability to cover a vip.

If I remember correctly, it was shot down during the first invasion since it also had Mutons in stasis on board

git gud

Attached: 1551214787697.jpg (743x800, 136K)

Just get the concealment mod that makes it so the timer only starts ticking when you are spotted.

>the only thing modders do to the female soldiers' bodies is make their tits bigger and give them a pussy and bush
>no actual body changes, no different sizes, nothing but tits and pussy
I admire modders for their ingenuity but also hate most of them for being so damn lazy.

Attached: uikui.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Nah that last .webm is just an example of "fuck this game". It's a VIP protect mission that has you spawn in a dead end surrounded by enemies where you can't back up and the enemies will literally take 1% shots as soon as the VIP is revealed at the second furthest back cover possible.
People love to say "lol just don't take 56% shots" as an alternative "git gud" but when you remember that enemies will happily take 2% shots all the time it's hard to claim this game is strategic.

Ok that makes sense, kind of dumb for the Ayys to forget about it. You'd think they wouldn't leave super advanced tech like that just lying around.

I get battlefield scraps would be all over the place? But a huge ship like that should be retrieved after the war.

Don't hate them, they aren't Lazy but I imagine that the female bodies must be super hard coded. Lewd modders will follow their dicks, they will try and pentrate the hardest programming codes, but if can't be done it can't be done.

yes.
in the spirit of hardcore gaming

>Bikni girl and slutty raider vs sci fi soldier

IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING X-PIRATEZ

twitter.com/XCOM/status/1116793107713069056

No, by not "playing like a retard'', didnt mean not scouting. I meant now using up both actions of a dude to run up as far as possible and triggering a pod and leaving that soldier without options. Or worse, doing that same shit with the last move of your turn, leaving your entire squad as easy pickings for the ayys.
The clips your posting are obviously extreme bullshit, but thats not how the system is intended to work. Theres some fuckery going here. So basically, what I meant was play smart=overcome ayys despite instances of BS pod activation. Play recklessly=get rekt.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u9.jpg (600x800, 57K)

Not the guy you're arguing wtih. But as a shitter I might always stay a shitter. Maybe the other guy just needs to accept that.

It was thick jungle swamp. The resistance was tipped off about it by black market organization who found alien tech around it.

> will literally take 1% shots as soon as the VIP is revealed at the second furthest back cover possible.
As long as you hunker down and smoke the AI will prioritize other targets or miss every shot. The mission also gives you a full turn to set up properly and in the webm you clearly used that turn to back up your troops into an awful position instead of distributing them in a way that would stop the enemy's advance
>will happily take 2% shots all the time it's hard to claim this game is strategic.
2% isn't 0% you dummy. If there's a probability of something happening then you should always assume it might happen, the strategy comes in reducing the probability of that event happening or nullifying it completely. I have 460 hours in this game and I've yet to lose this mission due to the VIP being shot.

Attached: 1552000882918.png (559x566, 612K)

WHY THE FUCK DOESN'T THE LONG WAR MOD WORK FOR ME

>Ayys can defeat an advanced civilisation that has nukes.
>Can't scan through one jungley boi

This is some silly shit.

The universe is trying to save you from pain.

Long War 1 is literally just one .exe file user. The only time I've seen someone get an error in the installation was with a retarded friend of mine so don't take offense by me asking you this but, did you remember to start the game at least once before installing the mod?

If yer using a cracked version to play LW1, you need some fix thats tied to your processor. Got mine off some russian website that I dont remember, but got it to work.

>"Play smart" = "just like beat the aliens lol"
I know. The optimal way to do that is to scout as little as possible. No, I don't mean double moving into fog. I mean even as little as single moving 2 tiles into better cover is not worth it if it reveals a little bit of the map because revealing fog is the riskiest thing you can do in the game. And that's retarded and unenjoyable.

>No, I don't mean double moving into fog. I mean even as little as single moving 2 tiles into better cover is not worth it if it reveals a little bit of the map because revealing fog is the riskiest thing you can do in the game. And that's retarded and unenjoyable.
>Most of the game is literally about moving through fog of war triggering AYY LMAO's

But that's X-com baby.

just because enemies don't play strategically doesn't mean you can't, remember, the whole goal of the enemies is to kill that guy so you fail.

My processor? What the fuck?
I got the Long War mod from Nexus, but I got Enemy Within from Piratebay.

While 2012/2 Games feel more like board games, Firaxis's team know their shit when it comes to making Council Man fucking great.

Seriously, props.

>retarded and unenjoyable.
>T-Thats xcom ;)
Yeah.
I know.
I said as much.

He's right, you can find a package with different cracks for different processors (AMD/Intel/etc) on a popular russian crack site

>Paraphrases me with a little stutter.

Not sure if you're angry or trolling.

>game is literally about fighting ayy lmaos on maps
>woah revealing the map is so risky and unfun
maybe the game's just not for you user

You able to link me to it? Because I don't think typing "xcom long war russian" into Google is going to solve this for me.

Angry because I wanted the game to be good and it wasn't. Double angry because the devs saw people's natural adaptation to the retarded "scouting without absolutely preparation is the riskiest thing in the game" meta was overwatch spam and they said WAIT
LET'S NOT FIX ANY OF THE BAD MECHANICS THAT CAUSES THIS
LET'S JUST ADD TIMED MELD AND TIMED MISSIONS

>And that's retarded and unenjoyable
How can one not reply to you with the thats xcom meme? Moving and activating pods is how you play the game.
>doing the things that cause enemies to appear and thus progress the game is not worth it
You say you know the optimal way to play the game, so what else do you want, user?

Attached: 1554331340460.jpg (280x280, 12K)

That shit's not so bad in X-COM 2. Plus you can mod out timers if you really want. I agree with you that timers suck and Fire axe over used them in both games but at least in 2 you can mod them out.

>nu XCOM
faggots

>in both games
Asides from bomb missions and the train mission what timed missions were in EW? The bomb missions were pretty generous and the train mission could be rushed anyways. Unless you're talking about Meld which isn't really an issue unless you're playing Long War but that's on the modders being fucking cunts and not adjusting their timers to fit the mod's pace

>you did play fair against a cheater, right?
Fuck no, I allowed injuries though.

Some of us are shit when it comes to dealing the pressure of Timers. I love new X-com but I'm shit at it. At least 2 has mods that makes things easier. So I can't complain.

Attached: diverse 2.png (1920x1080, 2.89M)

>not searching for CSdotRINdotRU instead

Thanks casual, you can leave now.

Attached: Commander_bonding_with_rookies.jpg (300x440, 25K)

pastebin.com/kw37m8pG
Is this what I'm looking for?

It's literally first hit on google.
If you meant: I'm filthy pirate and can't run it - search /vg/ archive for /xcg/ thread. Somewhere in OP is instruction how to do it.

I wasn't judging you or anything user, I was just confused that you mentioned both games since I don't associate EW with timed missions. You modding it out doesn't really matter if it's what it takes for you to have fun with the game, sure beats acting like the autistic whiner in the thread

Attached: 1552853505116.png (1012x894, 70K)

I went to the site in the pastebin: kickass.so/xcom-enemy-unknown-the-complete-edition-2k-games-rus-eng-multi10-l-prophet-t10074329.html
It turns out that it's a fucking link to a trojan downloader.

What I wish happened or would happen is a rogue squad of Mutons defects from Advent and start fighting their own war. They're always so expressive with their hate towards anything (I love the animation where one slaps his jammed gun when you spot a pod). Maybe they would still fight xcom units but would also shoot at Advent. Wildcard faction that does whatever they want and it's up to you to either try and befriend them or let them do their own thing.

Isn't the same mod from that author who threw a bitch fit and took the mod away from everyone?

He did allow others to use it with his permission, but he found out someone he let use it was giving it to other people without his permission and he lost it big time, forbidding anyone else from using it. He kept modding after that, but then he discovered someone was using part of his mod for Patreon stuff and lost it completely, quitting modding forever and telling his fans, friends, and followers to fuck off.

>muton faction with its own tech and brutalism inspired designs
>muton mechs
>muton psi-soldiers
They'd pretty much just be the XCOM equivalent to Brutes but that sounds fun.

Eugenics has always been about getting all the best traits. The issue is that a lot of people who tried to put it into practice have done so under the impression that only one race had all the best traits. I would Gattaca the shit out of my kids if it meant making them smart as Hawking and fast as Usain Bolt.

This one is bullshit but completely salvageable with a bit of game knowledge
1. From my experience civvies have incredibly high chance to be hit regardless of cover
2. If Zhang hid behind middle tombstone Thin Mint wouldn't be able to even aim at him

I get that he's angry about that, but telling those who had nothing to do with that makes him look like a thin skinned cunt.

>Mutons finally able to create their own units
>Create a suicide bomber berserker that's fitted with almost enough explosives to level a building
>Explodes on death

Like all modders and content creators, he had mental issues, especially depression.

Gives him and others like him no excuse.

>pirates let you select the coin miner which is optimized for your hardware
based

Jesus fuck just go to cs rin ru link, dl crack from there, get full game from piratebay

>2019
>kickass

It's ok, I'm not the other guy angry about it. Yeah I know I'm shit at X-com. I have fun gettnig my arse kicked but I'll fully admit to modding to make shit easier. Gonna try playing a third time on normal, if I don't do it this time I'll give up. I'm happy if this game defeats me.

KK. I switched over to piratebay when it turned out all kickass DL links sent me to was a phishing site.
The one that says Prophet, right?
Also, ugh, there's another fucking trojan labeled the same name with like 3000 seeds. Not this time, universe.

Mutons thing is they have no Psy. Floaters are mutliated mutons because the etherals were trying to make Psy mutons. Nothing could be done.

In exchange for no Psy they are the galaxies Swole men and even swoler women.

BRADFORD I'M SORRY

snek like robot boy

Attached: 9S 6.png (1920x1080, 2.95M)

I guess I forgot about that. Ok what about
>Reaper Mutons
>they try really hard to be sneaky but they're just way too fat for it

Jesus christ 9S's nipple is huge. Hopefully we get full body modification next game so we can have huge titty amazon goddesses being wrecked by ayy lmao's along with our bara bois.

So are Archons still from the same race as Mutons in Xcom 2?

Wait your idea is brillant. Like Rangers are sneak. So muton rangers that sneak up and bayonet shit to death.
>Ranger berserkers that sneak up and crush enemies to death.

Attached: ye olde X-COM.jpg (685x600, 115K)

The nipple is because Vector's tastes (which I share), but I welcome full body options in the next game for both ladies and gents.

Attached: 9S 3.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

I'm retarded and confused floaters with archons.

>Poor little advent

Modders are a strange bunch. Truley the end of Bara-com is sad.

I think I am like in half of the game. Maybe.

Attached: screen003.png (1729x1541, 106K)

>you can't do finishing blows on injured enemies, like smothering them to death in muscle tits

Attached: tool time 2.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Wunder is so fucking stupid looking. It's a GIANT WHALE SKELETON

X-Piratez is great.
I was avoid these mod because of silly premises but hell - it really blow every official game from the ground.

>117 missions completed
more like 1/5 of the game

i like the young bradford more than punished bradford

Announce Xcom 3 already

I love how silly it is
>Special girls have been enginered by the ethearls to be their next hosts.
>escape to earth and work in secret with earth's goverments and facitons to overthrow the ayy lmaos
>fight ayy worshiping humans
>rat people
>Enemies from the orginal Doom are there
>Fight super Nazi's who are actually super competent.
>Fight Soviets
>Fight Sci-fi people
>Amours range from fetish gear to power amour.
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Major_Factions_(Piratez)
ufopaedia.org/index.php/Minor_Factions_(Piratez)

*splooge*

Attached: 268500_20180303190555_1.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

Most of us do. Having a turtlenecked advisor as an exposition fairy seemed more natural than Mr. Gruff mcHalfshave in 2.

Sorry Spartans look like Soviets but they are just /k/ but competent.

Implying modders have much of a choice. For most things, they have latch on to or copy content already in the game.

ufopaedia.org/index.php/Church_Exalt_(Piratez)
Here is your eggsalt.

You forget
>Humanist faction - that are space nazi in swastika shipsthat are really survivors of the real X-Com
>vampires
>smugglers(with Han Solo smugglers)
>cat-girls
>amazing lore
>plenty of weapons, armors and stuff
>preppers as Spartans
>plenty of silly stuff that make sense in the setting

Attached: screen003.png (1920x1080, 39K)

The 40k OpenXCOM mod is really fantastic.
Sorry I disappeared after the third thread, ended up being super busy with both work and family stuff as well as stuck in Canada, and then managed to completely forget about it.
I might start another campaign soon if people are still interested, the latest update made orks and traitor guard a bit more present and Heavy Bolters are now far more usable.

Attached: XCOM 40k.png (1280x800, 20K)

>description says all we're missing is to turn this guy into Superman Red and Blue
Pfahahaha

do it

Do you still have the save file for it, 40kAnon?
If not, have you considered the possibility of doing FFT?

>women space marines
Both Lore and description are great.

Attached: screen000.png (1920x1080, 25K)

>play the 2nd alpha
>RNG starts me on the first mission with a Reaper
>praise RNGesus
>break concealment
>ADVENT Medi Drone moves like 20 fucking tiles and just happens to end up next to my Reaper, revealing her
>niga what
>other pod moves onto screen, flanking my Reaper
>chaingun guy takes flanking reveal shot
>crits and insta-kills her
>ragequit

Welp, back to LW1.

FFT is a favorite of mine, but it's a bit slow for a Yea Forums playthrough, plus the permadeath doesn't come into play nearly as much unless I force myself to never use raise effects, which means not nearly as many fun names, and would require a ton of grinding for the new recruits if I did force permadeath.
I do still have the save, though it might not work with the latest version. I'll test it.
Not a woman, just a woman (male).
Fucking Ultrasmurfs, man.

>tfw want to play my modded to hell legendary wotc campaign but dont because it takes 20 minutes to load and may or may not crash before mission start
>tfw long war of the chosen never

Attached: 1556232548474.gif (220x220, 734K)

Permadeath doesn't seem to be that big of a deal, especially when the main draw of Yea Forums Plays is mostly the ability to fight over character names.
A couple years ago, we had a FF1 GBA playthrough where the most interaction we had was getting to turn it into Four White Mages at the beginning, and we still had some really damn active threads in spite of that.

FFT can do ironman, but its not designed for a Thread playthrough, you can only have so many units after all and the uniques take up the majority of it.

How many fucking mods user?

Now that I think about the permadeath part, Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis might actually work pretty decently as long as I cheese the MC to have good persuasion early, since you can make up for losses by recruiting the enemy as well as recruit leveled troops.
Oh man I forgot about the four white mage threads, those were fantastic.
>when he finally threw away the nunchucks

Attached: knight of lodis.jpg (480x320, 33K)

Actually, FFT might have a few angles on audience choice, given that you can just change the classes and choose when to unlock certain skills for your units, draft- or story-obtained, whenever you want.

Never played Tactics Ogre, though. All I know about it is that it's similar to FFT.

about 160 last i checked
fuckloads of customisation as well as numerous tweaks that make the game much less retarded

Attached: 20190422013049_1.jpg (1920x1080, 355K)

Do it, but play on Superhuman, unless this mod really punishes you for multiple squadwipes

Attached: 1542291226403.jpg (460x550, 28K)

I honestly would have preferred if they actually kept the EU aliens. Fighting an Archon who flies up in the air occasionally is way lamer than a pack of hovering Floaters.

Avatars replacing Ethererals is also completely fucking lame, and the Sectopod getting ADVENTed into an autistic AT-ST is gay as fuck. Mechtoids are also way cooler than Andromedons.

Having the audience dictate JP spending/class changes might spice things up, true.
It's only super punishing if you're Marines. Guard can be replaced easily, but with Marines you have to make new Power Armor if you want anything other than scout suits, and the shit ain't cheap.

Good news, though. From intial testing, the old saves still work. Might be funky on the Geoscape though since the starting year got changed to 40000 in the latest update, and it'd probably be best to start again to give the new Traitor Guard/Orks an opportunity to shine outside of their Regiment Missions.

Attached: screen118.png (1280x800, 77K)

Also, there, uh, appears to be a big stretch of land between America and Europe/Africa now. That's definitely new.

Attached: screen119.png (1280x800, 73K)

wtf

Something very strange has happened to the western US.

Attached: screen121.png (1280x800, 64K)

>long war of the chosen never
It already exists and is developing, thank fucking god

>choice:
>use some unholy grab bag of mods which weren't balanced together at all but get wotc features and performance
>lw2 but shit performance of base game and no wotc feature

Some people like to hate lw2 but after they fixed the stealth mission bullshit I think it got pretty gud

Australia isn't how I remember it, either. Yeah, the latest update definitely changed some Geoscape stuff up.

Attached: screen122.png (1280x800, 67K)

You can skip rookie level in basically any game and mod, you can cheat on their stats with weapon mod 2 (if i recall correctly, you can buy weapon mods in LW2)

>miss the atmosphere, art style, characters, enemies, MECs, armor and weapon aesthetics of XCOM
>if I went back I would miss mods, graphics quality, sword melee attacks and the UI improvements just as much

it's such a complicated feeling bros

Attached: 1310467991750.jpg (313x313, 36K)

If possible, could you describe how LW2 plays compared to vanilla xcom2 (not WOTC)?

>Fighting an Archon who flies up in the air occasionally is way lamer than a pack of hovering Floaters.
100%
i dont actually mind advent but the game lacks a legitimate grunty alien type, eu sectoids and floaters were great for that, especially because you could make them panic
also fuck the lost, boring as shit design and waste of time

AYY meets AYAYAYAY

Also Superhuman is probably a bad idea given the already high armor values on most enemies in this mod. I may hate myself, but I don't hate myself THAT much.

Attached: screen123.png (1280x800, 30K)

will the snow balling be fixed?
will psi be good again?

you can literally just mod most of eu into wotc

EU long war is just 3x more difficult and you dont get any late game gods
[sppoiler] only plau eu for the challenge,atmosphere and vahlens tight buns [/spoiler]

It's very much an improvement, but it isn't out for WOTC yet so it makes vanilla's shit performance significantly worse. If your framerate isn't plummeting or your game crashing, then units are getting visibly d-synced from tiles and line of sight is getting fucked hard.

I really don't recommend it unless you have a fast CPU and you're willing to try tweaking the config files.

You can eventually overcome them with enough research just like in Piratez and XFiles, r-right?

It makes it feel more like a "resistance simulator" instead of a puzzle game. The geoscape has you seek out lightly defended regions and gather intel for missions. Then you decide what missions to take and how many soldiers/what loadout to take on them.

There are a bunch of other differences, like individually bought weapons, more classes and tiers and shit. It's neat. On the down side the longer 'slugfest' missions can get tedious and the campaign is... long

It literally isn't

Not him but I put in about a hundred hours into LW2 and still didn't finish my campaign (my fault).

LW2 on launch had issues with rng potentially rendering your campaign into bullshit difficulty because of dark events.

Sometimes you'd get a map like twice the size of a vanilla xcom 2 map with ten turns to get to point B (basically you had to sprint full moves with maybe one turn to spare to deal with aliens).

There was this huge focus on stealth missions using vanilla xcom 2 mechanics. Stealth in Xcom 2 was always there to ensure you could alpha strike your chosen pod. In LW2 it was used to try to be MGS, and most early game missions were designed to be stealth focus in a game that was at it's funniest when killing aliens.

On the combat side LW2 brought a huge amount of customization and changes that made for a harder and better game than Xcom 2. The only problem was that it had flashes of brilliance before suggesting you go on another 1 man stealth mission.

They worked on fixing that but abandoned the mod when War of Chosen could've been an amazing base for them to build off of. I'd thought they fucked off to make an Xcom clone, so I hadn't heard that a WoC LW was in dev.

>first time facing chosen
>20% chance to hit
>fuck it
>achievement pops up before any animation plays
>forgot soldier has 5% insta kill attachment
My penis was sad

Doesn't WOTC end implying the next game will be TOTD-esque? It implies something is coming from the sea I believe.

For what i understood ethereal needs some good DNA material to put their penis in it.
So far every other species had issues:
Small ayys:weak
Sneks:weak and no psionic power
Mutons:no psionic power
Crystalis:dumb
Humans are perfect, they have both a great body and great psionic powers. But for some reason we can't all get psionic powers. That's what the project is for. So they can understand wtf is going on and put their penises in us

>will the snow balling be fixed?
LW2 is the only mod that seemed to actually fix the base game snow balling, mostly because of the new late game enemies which were fucking terrifying desu. I think they might be there to encourage you to finish the game. That and the permanent dark events.

In the early versions it was admittedly very dumb, but they did fix the stealth shit before they stopped.

Well, if you're marines your armor is solid too, though it won't help against some stuff.
If you're Guard, well, you have Ogryns and Sentinels which can both take a beating, and Stormtrooper armor is fairly nice, but your main strength is being able to field a fuckton of dudes. They eventually get a transport that can carry FIFTY troops, and get a 24-man one right off the bat. Both are slow as hell, mind you, so you'll be forced to take the 20~ man options for stuff that's far away.
Heavy Bolters are now much meatier and have actual range, which is nice.

Attached: screen124.png (1280x800, 24K)

So what the fuck did they make Gatekeepers from? And if Mutons and Sneks don't have psi powers, why can the rulers warp out using them?

nuCOM bad.