UNIST Thread

Oh fug

Attached: 1500691582785.jpg (1920x1080, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/25/celebrate-golden-week-with-savings-up-to-65/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HAHA pc bros not only am i shit at the game but im also drunk!

Attached: 1554524577130.jpg (605x402, 114K)

Pass is vee
Icey made me aware of this, apparently [st] and a bunch of other shit go on sale tomorrow I think
blog.us.playstation.com/2019/04/25/celebrate-golden-week-with-savings-up-to-65/

Attached: DtdY_eLVsAEjUj0.jpg orig.jpg (800x600, 42K)

pc lobby is up, pclobby

Attached: phononxD.jpg (850x848, 146K)

I should probably take this chance to reset my router

>Only six spots

Attached: 1511747166027.jpg (670x447, 60K)

I'm sorry, I was fucking around with subs with my buddy
I'll remake when the lobby fills up

fuck it im too drunk to play gordeau ill see how bad my mains are

Specifically that uni will only cost $20 or $15 if you have plus. I'm considering getting it just so I can stop using my jp version when I'm playing flavor of the month games.

How the hell did I side switch

Nah it's all cool. I really ought to pick out a sub myself one of these days

Golden Week sales?

MvC:I deluxe for 24 bones is tempting, as is fighter pass 2 for DBFZ to play with friends locally. Thanks for the info!

When are they gonna fuck

after nanase only. or after the gordeau nanase route

Attached: 1554403653116.jpg (1142x857, 648K)

No time better than now.
Dia, fit a 3C > 22A > 5B before doing that jC > jB air series.

Not a very lively night for PSN again, it seems. Maybe a bunch of the others have finals.
I've been meaning to grind out some of Grod's combos again. IHaven't really gotten around to it though for the last few months. I'll keep that one in mind.

I personally have those to deal with in 2 weeks time, might be passing more than I play during it.
But I might as well type out some basic Gord combo theory after this

Feeling alittle under the weather so not sure how long I can hold out but I'll do my best.

Wew. 6 frames. I seem to be getting a frame worse with everyone this week.

Hey, I'm relatively new and hope it's fine if I just spectate for now

Attached: 1532290985110.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>Any Light confirm
Basically shove in every normal you can and do the old Gord BnB. 5A/2A > 5B > 2B > 4B > 5C > 3[C] > 236AA > 2C > j[C] > 3C > 236AAA

For the bigger midscreen ones, it's a toss up between the universal version and the variant version. There's two of these things because the variant version does a bit more damage but only works on certain characters. Off the type of my head it doesn't work on Gord himself, Byak, Wagner, and Vat. Definitely need to test more of it.
Universal can start with B or C buttons but for the sake of convenience let's start with 5C
5C > 236AA > 3C > 2C (one hit) > jC > jB > 3C > 236AAA
The variant one adds the 22A in there. The 22A to 5B link is what fails to connect on certain characters.
5C > 236AA > 3C > 2C (one hit) > 22A > 5B > jB > jC > 3C > 236AAA

Couldn't fucking tell you how to do this guy's corner only combos though. I can't wrap my head around only letting the 2nd hit of 2C rock to launch and them slam them back down with 5[C] but shoving a 5B in there to not let the hard knockdown rock.

At least in the corner, some people like adding in j236C during the air series and then ending it with 3[C] > 236AAA in the corner.

Attached: 39547134_p1.png (600x612, 146K)

phonon does not deserve projectiles hse not cute enough

Attached: 1556135178749.jpg (1024x905, 87K)

Was expecting to get double P'd there. Glad I was able to turn it around towards the end of that.

What on earth

Dayum, been a while since that happened.
It was the usual 5 frames though

so this... is the power of throw mix... not bad

do we need to remake the PC lobby? dunno if there are more people waiting

I might drop by later to get some more varied MU experience if the population is larger over there.

Dunno about anyone else who might be sitting on the sidelines.

somebody can take my place after this since i got an interview tomorrow and i dont wanna get too fucked up and wanna keep my buzz to go to sleep easier

What times does the lobby usually go up?
I need to get back into playing.

What region is the PC lobby?

9:30 PM PST generally. Pretty sure most of PC is US.

These entire threads are U.S given timezones

>Pretty sure most of PC is US.
The PC version has different regions within the US too. I tried earlier when the lobby was created but didn't see the room so I think it's in Seattle or something, as I'm in LA.

Hmm, looks like i'm having connection problems with hippie tonight too.

I'll keep these things in mind for sure.

Just change your steam download region until you see it, dumb region lock stuff. No restart required.

On second thought, maybe it's just Spectrum that's acting up.

It blew up for a couple of seconds and now it's settled at 100ms. How unusual.

Last time I heard it was NY. PC has like 3 different guys who host though.
I didn't restart my router before lobby time. Was having a bit too much fun watching orange squares try to fight me in ranked.

>don't punish ex sacred spire or vo after baiting both
yeah uh, you can definitely see all 330 of those hours hard at work in my play

Attached: __phonon_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_eric_muentes__5e6e553b3f60b8af655e930c28e85053.png (612x1056, 1.02M)

GGs PC lobby, got interview and other stuff to do before so gotta duck early

Attached: 1555420981379.jpg (1080x1346, 1.52M)

ggs, good luck

Sounds like good times. Don't worry too much about it then. There are some PC players that I'm hoping are on tonight that I wanna play against so I'm thinking I'll switch over after a few more gos.

Attached: 1554197528781.gif (500x500, 40K)

I faced you earlier but the only thing I've confirmed is I still have zero idea how Hyde handles.

Don't worry, not too many people do.
Not even Hyde players.

Attached: 71077192_p5.jpg (768x984, 280K)

>Get hit through my galaxy brain wakeup, ex dp

Remove Yuzu

lolb how good is the priority on j.214x? if I know you're going for that whiff>low setup can I mash or am I just gonna get counterhit for it?

also how much recovery is there?

Looks like my connection is gonna give me alot of hassle tonight. Sorry lads. I'll give it 1 more attempt before calling it early on PS.

Attached: 1554436401943.png (160x160, 25K)

Unintentionally, get styled on

Damn I was hoping the connection would be better today.

Sham are you my neighbor? why is our connection so good?

Attached: 1552888156864.jpg (1134x1134, 219K)

The j214b on oki in the corner beats all dps (and probably some IWs?) except for Hyde, Nanase, Wagner, and Vat. It's also really plus 99% of the time.

Okay, that clearly wasn't 3 or 4 frames. I thought I was out of it or something.

nah not on oki, when you're in the air above me midscreen in pressure you've crossed me up with it and caught me low several times. just wondering if it's worth trying to challenge since it seems like even when it whiffs you can act out of it really fast.

>both 6 frames and with lag spikes after the crash
Damn, it's usually one or the other

Shiet, that felt pretty regular.
But like I said, no router reset.
Guess I'll sit out for a bit, got a couple thing to look over anyway.

Haha that depends how close are you to Minnesota? There are definitely some PC dudes I have pretty good connection with then every once in a while I'll get like 6+ frames with everyone

anyone playing pc?

Attached: 1552530953431.png (933x1000, 1.39M)

Read the thread, boyo

Attached: DhRfulDVQAESkmz.jpg orig.jpg (1440x1920, 301K)

It was pretty stable 4-5f early on, but that lobby wipeout must have reset something about our connection since the couple games afterward got worse.

Well that turned out better then last time, definitely. Still gonna go ahead and give PC a shot since last time I believe I missed out on playing a few people. Thanks for the games tonight. GGs and sorry for the early lagfests PS lobby!

Attached: 1551347556756.jpg (1032x1457, 189K)

My 6x's are 6f in stance, and can be done about as soon as I land from 214b. so if you think you can react fast enough...
If you're talking about TK j214b, that's +3 if it hits and I exit stance.

I can only stick around for a few matches so don't be surprised when I duck.

Congrats on the 2nd promotion.

Attached: 52527982_p15.png (600x586, 268K)

>forgot I didn't reinstall this game after I changed my OS

Attached: 1524949037526.gif (540x540, 710K)

Oh cool, purple square again. Might take a break then hop over to PC after this though. I think I've been experiencing some slowdown in addition to hippie's usualy this week.

well I almost ran that back, not my proudest drops

Attached: 1548397954988.jpg (860x1284, 118K)

This isn't completely true, though Yuzu's j.214B oki does beat a lot. Only tested it a bit, but Linne's EX DP will beat it while her normal B DP won't. Gord's EX Grim Reaper trades with it in Gord's favor slightly, and his IW beats it completely. Everything Carmine throws out including his IW will lose to it. I think all IWEXS beats it?

>36 matches
Jesus, when did this lobby start?

The rooms packed and I think my connection to most of the ones here isn't the best so if you want to join I could leave.

>room is full
Is it 8/8 or still 6/6?

Congrats on the rank up again!

6/6, someone should remake I suppose.

ggs PSN lobby. Going to take a break like I said. I think my best connection has been with atic this week, weirdly enough.
Don't worry about it for now. I'll probably be stopping for half an hour before jumping on.

I'll have to figure out exactly what it is over the weekend when I can watch vods and ask you sunday
I'll remake when it get's back to me so we don't have to deal with order getting fucked
I live in Chicago but I still have a better connection with you than people I play with from the area like hippie :^)

Attached: 1548387687586.jpg (708x814, 52K)

Attached: 29df3aed50c124229b697a07d44ba90e3285422f5cd42bc13d7dd13fae272802.png (112x112, 9K)

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

ggs

I'm considering picking up Hyde, any general advice you guys can give me while learning this character?

Attached: 1530591348341.jpg (1080x720, 217K)

Have you done his mission mode?

Yeah I finished his mission mode, how optimal are those combos anyways because his 4-3 was a pain.

>That ending
Good shit

>timeout win on a throw
That was clutch.

Nanase's timeout loser pose is adorable

Well, that's what I get for being a smug asshole. I was holding my pad with 1 hand since I was planning on running the clock with VO so I couldn't break the gold throw.

Attached: 1541108891428.png (810x810, 514K)

4-3's throw combo is functional but it's made difficult because it makes you use specific fireballs. There's easier throw combos to do.
But for the most part, while they're not the most optimal, Hyde's mission mode is still well put together. I use variations of them but they make use of his common links. Hope you're used to delaying 214B, cause you'll be using that a lot.

Attached: DIOW3VHUMAAOHTi.jpg orig.jpg (1866x1188, 377K)

I miss having 2 setups, all I want to do is grind assault j.a combos since I keep dropping them and eating shit for it

Attached: 1524027022406.jpg (1200x1047, 133K)

Nice parry!

Ah, no wonder why it's so laggy. I forgot to turn off torrents. Ha ha ha

Attached: sszf9Lg.png (207x210, 65K)

Boo. Guess that's a lesson learned.

Attached: 1435554757327.jpg (477x598, 58K)

For once, I actually tried to dash under sommersault in the corner, got a backdash instead, but the persona still autocorrect. I sure wish I knew an answer to that.

This Wald is even more aggressive than Frank. Oni looks like a scary good opponent to go up against.

I'm just as surprised as you that happened that was just silly

Just a few more for the PS lobby since I need to be up early for Friday morning.

I just need to stop dropping everything and it'll be alright.

I had 34 seconds left, I had vorpal, and I am playing the Pho/Wald matchup and the next hit wins. I have certainly made smarter gambles than that...

Attached: 674.gif (249x250, 1.08M)

GGs everyone. See ya sunday

Attached: 1527374622874.jpg (800x484, 54K)

Hippie, Atic, Blue, do you guys have any advice on stuff I should be focusing on improving

I'll still play a few more if anyone else wants to. Lobby's up again, but probably only for like another half hour. Otherwise GGs.

GGs

I've gotten so much more damage on you since you told me to use lows to get around yuzu parry so maybe do that less?

I'll join, but let me go reset my router first

Damn didn't realize how late it was getting. GGs Pc lobby really fun stuff tonight

GGs. I needed that Orie experience

More air slashes and movement to switch things up.
Assault j[C] fake-outs into empty low or grabs. If you can make it out on Sunday lobbies, I'll be a bit more observant since I was sort of out of it tonight.

Man, I've really got to get out of this funk. I'm playing really inconsistently and autopilot mode the past couple weeks and have zero patience, but after work I just don't want to lab or think too hard these days.

I'm going to try the PC lobby a bit to get beaten up there.

I'd say just like me you have to practice your conversions and finishing combos consistently. It got better toward the end but I noticed you often getting several hits without full confirms, and even on full conversions you would sometimes not finish the combo which lost you quite a few rounds.

well that's a name I certainly would recognize if I had seen it before

That was definitely not a smart choice to do at such a range.

GGs PC dudes. It's past 2am so I'm gonna hit the hay. Still feel like I'm getting really lazy with my play and I'm looking for a lot of shortcuts now (like the wild 214c's I did) instead of just sticking to the tried and true art of patience.

Attached: 1528678501554.jpg (900x900, 109K)

your offense didn't seem like it was autopiloting very hard though, ggs

Attached: 1553146198496.jpg (892x703, 100K)

Oh yeah, and also refrain from using the 200 meter IW damage ender when it's not going to kill. 100 meter still gives nice damage and Yuzu would rather have that 100 remaining meter to keep the threat/possibility of VO on defense in case the situation reverses.

GGs. Nanase is always fun to fight.

The capacity to perform TKs on command left along with my nerves, but these matches are actually pretty fun

Attached: 29fc43458c53bf5390380378b9ba2003.png (750x1500, 506K)

That they are m8. Let the fun times roll on!

Attached: 1554710693522.gif (500x500, 121K)

so much linen

Attached: linen.png (187x216, 76K)

GGs. Sleep is starting to affect my play way too much so I'm gonna stop here.
Thanks for the matches.

Attached: 1555970758204.jpg (1280x1280, 222K)

GGs and thanks for the new image.

Yuzu parry even beats out DPs why am I not surprised

Attached: 1525898179771.jpg (537x600, 301K)

4B as a meaty is great isn't it?

I can change it up if you'd like. I can play an alright Mika and mediocre Enkidu.

it's not an issue, I just don't have many linen pictures

Very sorry about that timing novembreaker.

Those fireballs and pillars kept me in check really well. Nice way to keep me out park.

Blue pls, why aren't you completing your DP motion. It's hard for me to confirm off of a raw parry hit

ggs

Just like don't have a hurtbox my dude

It's alright, my bad for coming in so late. I'll try to be in on time next time.

aww man, it would have been fun to play all the linne's in a row since I hadn't played two of them yet
one of these days I'm gonna clean up my staggers and eat those 2a's for breakfast

Attached: 507401714681249803.png (115x115, 32K)

>those roundstart antics
you guys have made some crazy adaptations playing each other while I've been chilling in PC

Attached: D0KprVvVAAAQ8HU.jpg large.jpg (504x676, 43K)

Nooo!! Haha. Opportunity to win when atic was throwing out thrusts gone with the wind. Also, those were some fast changes between specials. Is that the power of 2 frames of lag?

Didn't realize so many people played Linen. Are all the nights like this?

it's 3am now, so I'll be closing the lobby after the next rotation, ggs and have a good weekend everyone
if you want vods I've been steaming lobbies lately on twitch

Attached: Dx57mNwVAAExJYX (1).jpg (678x509, 42K)

Well at least 2 of us play a majority of the time on PS lobbies usually. Not sure how many are majorly on PC myself.

Do you play on both PC and PS lobbies Bomber?

Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the recording! Enjoy your weekend as well!

I'm not really sure why I thought that was a good idea, I need to remember that I play a zoning character sometimes

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 90K)

All I got's PC unfortunately, I'd have to make the pad transition if I wanted to do PS, anyways.

Were you the Phonon that scared me into choking?

That was a nutty mirror match. I don't think I'll ever be pulling off that combo again, hahaha.

Attached: 1553731188236.jpg (720x1024, 79K)

You say that, but I see you punish Icy's VOs pretty frequently so it makes me hesitant to ever attempt to reversal.

Like you said earlier too, I'm not very good at completing my combos, so it feels like often times I'm sitting at 200% meter with nothing to spend it on. I often accidentally IW by mistake as well, either during the end of a combo when I meant to 236C instead, or during blockstrings

Nah, 1 of the Linne players but I know what you mean. Playing the range battle with park can be quite a challenge.

Link?

C Kuuga actually being safe vs CS reversal, holy shit.

ggs PC friends.

Attached: d3e08bfc1b65f48521815d2b29284254e2995fddb4bd3e7a878eb032df80e475.gif (720x489, 500K)

Ah fuck, well thanks for teaching me some new routes I didn't think of.

Game froze when I tried to tab back in, think I'll start playing in windowed. GGs for popping my lobby cherry everyone

Attached: 1504901323457.png (2560x1440, 3.17M)

ggs everyone, I'll get to labbing soon I swear.

>I see you punish Icy's VOs
That's mostly because he got really predictable with them though he's been a little better about not doing wakeup VO against me these days. I'm still very inconsistent with 1/4A anti-VO OS, but it'll force me to think about the possibility in pressure.

I've seen lolb in the PC lobby use CS > 214C to reversal as well, which is pretty good as long as it's against non-crouching moves.

GGs PC bros. Those last few matches for everyone felt like a pretty good way to close out tonight.

Also, thanks for hosting park!

With any luck, you'll be able to rewatch what's saved in the vod. Best of luck in your future ventures with her. Feel free to ask any questions you might have (though I think they're better pointed towards Dia than myself since he's got a much better hold of the character than I do currently).

Also, if you don't already have it, might I suggest borderless window application? Let's you get your fullscreen fix without the game cutting out of network.

Attached: 1552560737359.jpg (2560x1440, 594K)

I think mag likes to play the fullscreen game a bit more than I do, when I get good I eventually just want to terrorize mid range and run throw mix and just have the whole zoning thing as an added bonus. Sometimes I forget how strong my character is at fullscreen and just take stupid risks like jumping directly at people out of the corner when I could just fly across the screen with j.5[c] assault j.5[c]. It's not that important yet just trying to learn during matches but if I want to win I need to give myself the best chance.
parkbenchfuture

That's definitely true about you going in instead of playing to your strengths for Phonon's far reach (though it does work well against me more than half the time). When you're in the life lead position I did notice you play a pretty mean keep away in the games I played against you however. Good stuff.

Thanks man, probably won't be able to pop in for a couple nights but I won't rest until I take a game off one of you guys.

use borderless gaming friend

Attached: 9E9923C0799C471C95287B38CDA6EC63.jpg (480x644, 56K)

I hope more Walds come by. Every time one appears it's been so long since the last I already forgot how to fight him.

FUCKING FINALLY

Prepare boys, in a couple of months I'll probably git gud enough to play with you guys on 6 frame delay fuck

Attached: 1547590747890.gif (270x270, 138K)