It's literally just a straight upgrade. I thought TF2 wasn't supposed to have those?

It's literally just a straight upgrade. I thought TF2 wasn't supposed to have those?

Attached: Third_Degree_1st_person_red.png (1119x447, 223K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jumpacademy.tf/
youtube.com/watch?v=ncr_1r15Sng
steamcommunity.com/groups/redsunoverparadise
youtube.com/watch?v=PAidBlMoKj0
youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk
youtube.com/watch?v=of_MObEiab4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not being part of the powerjack master race
i swear to god that thing has like an 80% crit rate

>powerjack
>not neon annihilator

The downside is that you're not using the powerjack or homewrecker.

>Backburner
>Jetpack
>Third Degree
>fly around raping anyone with the misfortune of getting pocketted

>tfw still salty about the equalizer nerf

Why the escape plan crits like a mother fucker anyway at low health

imagine thinking you're a good pyro but you don't use the homewrecker

>gay-ass pyroshark bullshit useful on a handful of maps
OR
>fuckoff huge battery on a stick that regularly smacks out 195 damage, makes you faster than a medic while holding it, with demoman-tier health, that restores 25 health on kill, and only has a minor incoming damage weakness that if removed would rarely save you anyway (AND it's only when in your hand, not whenever equipped like the candy cane)
fuck your gay-ass sign

>spoiler
pyroshark masterrace

>playing pyro at all
i want to wring the neck out of every single one of you degenerate furfags.

You put too much faith in your team's Engineers.

How do I git gud at rocket jumping?

Back Scratcher is the only way to go pyro, otherwise you are a cuck or a side show.

Latexfag, not furfag.

Attached: 1407158453624.jpg (320x304, 21K)

>tfw the neon annihilate first came out and I would spend hours as a Pyroshark circling the waters in 2fort in my server wi th my buds playing the jaws theme

I want to go back.

Attached: 1544503974287.jpg (773x425, 85K)

Play surf maps, and learn to time your crouch with your jump.

jumpacademy.tf/

>You put too much faith in your team's Engineers.
If you're playing sneaky Pyro and know what you're doing you can sneak up to a sentry and wack it twice with the homewrecker to kill a level 3

You and me both. Melee rushing at low health was the best, especially when you cracked off that lucky crit.

Attached: gg no re.gif (268x278, 844K)

OHHH, it's a battery. I thought it was some kind of cement block

Back Scratcher bros where you at? I just bought a strange pro ks one because I loved it that much.

Attached: 250px-Back_Scratcher.png (250x176, 36K)

does anyone know someone called swipez? he was on my team in the bottom half of the scoreboard, then someone asked him to "sign a weapon" and he left. checked his profile and he had over 10k hours.

>-15% swing speed
>-15% damage
>now marks all hit for death
This would be great. It would have a great niche for a completely anti-Medic Pyro, which Pyro already sort-of is, since now flames reduce healing, and airblast is great for Ubers.

It's a battery tied to a car-lifting jack.

Do you tie your own shoes in the morning, or does your handler let you use Velcro?

Great when going lone Pyro.

Is TF2 worth getting back into?

Honestly never understood the appeal. If I'm roaming, I just go powerjack so I can get to health packs faster.

Playing Pyro without the Powerjack is just so fucking slow. I know it's just normal 100% movement speed but it's SO FUCKING SLOW

>trying to steal the thunder
classic from pyrofags

Yes.

He's a spy main youtuber

Yes. Play payload offensive engineer with the short circuit before the heavy update nerfs it

Back Scratcher is always my melee of choice. Bonus damage always surprises people.

Hold W the whole time, press spacebar, look down and behind you a little bit, hold down crouch and shoot a rocket

every bonesaw is a direct upgrade over the stock

Yeah, well, after like 12 years of being out, the balancing got kinda muddled up and confused.

Sandals for life

>engineers are 11% of the classes but are responsible for 90% of the exploits
really makes me think

Attached: thonkpocalypse.gif (480x264, 1.88M)

>Use the Homewrecker if one of my buddies goes engineer
>Use the Neon Annihilator if we queue for 2fort
>Use the Hot Hand the rest of the time because memes
I used to play a shitton of Pyro because it was my main in QTF and FF but recently I've been getting into Media and I haven't touched Pyro in months.

Attached: 1555275529379.jpg (2556x3897, 1.83M)

I miss the old eviction notice. It was fucking fun to slap fools and zoom around

for

pretty much anything that isn't part of the standard shooty part of the game is full of bugs
halloween spells /maps/ modes are full of bugs
the mission tablet thing added a few
the horrible physics engine adds no end of bugs everywhere
i cant remember but pretty much every new event, map, weapon, game mode has just been a shitfest for the first month.. remember mann up mode or pass time.. im pretty sure those are still full of bugs but no one would know because no one plays them

Attached: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw.jpg (552x824, 117K)

It's still the best shooter out there despite everything

W0ah you forgot to invite Reminder me to the thread Yea Forums

Attached: 9hj2e0kj5lb11.png (899x570, 161K)

it outlasted overwatch so yes
its so much more fun, you still see so much dumb shit going on in games that you just dont get anywhere else
literally more SOUL than any other team based shooter

>he's a fucking invite champion
Yea Forums on suicide watch

Attached: laughing_engineer_by_robinolsen2011-d8h6u4u.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

I want to personally kill whoever changed the Half-Zatochi. Yes, it was a crit machine. But it was hilarious and that's part of why I liked TF2.

Back scratcher a best
Also degroot keep is fun occasionally

Attached: 864EC57E-49E1-42EF-A06F-1E3E692A72EB.png (1334x750, 1.02M)

We need more Medieval Mode maps.

Yes
make sure you install it for the party van tomorrow

>Be a Demoknight with Critana
>Cut through 10 heavies without any issue
>Laugh and call the other team bad

... I miss it.

Attached: ForgottenKing.jpg (512x512, 212K)

>tfw used to play the fuck out of ubercharged.net
>community member's first modding project was to create a medieval themed TF2, custom map and everything
>comes out and is hilariously fun, heavy with KGB is basically an ogre boss battle
>degroot keep comes out literally the next week
i felt so bad for that guy

Attached: pop.png (197x314, 145K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ncr_1r15Sng

>madlep's son is now old enough to call you racial slurs in an online game anonymously
it's a scary thought

I unironically liked soundsmith until he pulled the whole "NOBODY LIKED RANDOM CRITS BEFORE DANE MADE A VIDEO, IT'S JUST CONTRARIANS" shit.

Run. He’s already after you.

Offensive Short Circuit is so fucking good

I unironically like Delfy and think he is good for the game.

Attached: smug-mario-58e15a6622dac.png (935x785, 931K)

>Be me
>I discover a gamemode named Super zombie fortress
Aight let's give it a try
>Literally the most fun I had in years, the people playing are friendly guys, 32 players almost all the day and part of the night
>Great custom maps like Binding of Isaac and Turtle escape.
>I remember the jokes and laughs I shared with those guys.
I tried to play the server but I can't find it anywere...I fear I would never play again those great maps and have the fun I had back then...I miss those days

Attached: Suicide 1.gif (480x270, 429K)

i feel ya, i used to play a dodgeball server constantly and made some really good friends there. now the server is long gone and most of the people that played it aren't even playing tf2 anymore

My little brother only plays zombie community servers.
I only play casual.

>Powerjack
>detonator jumping
>backburner
YEEEEing across the map and going literally FAST AS FUCK is the most fun I ever had in the game

Attached: 1534702569124.gif (640x360, 1014K)

Inb4 retard natsukifag comes with his shit taste and stupid signs
There's a successor steam group to slag gaming called red sun over paradise and obviously it's mgr themed in name, but they still have active szf and death run servers and junk

Attached: 1552564839940.png (1200x1200, 631K)

Demopan in degrootkeep a best

holy shit user, you serious?!
Oh my fucking god, I hope you're serious...
The last time I played SZF was in 2013

Because the rake and powerjack are better

“X Stereotypes” is a bad series based on nothing more than subjective opinion and bad jokes

I didn't play for a few years and I recently just installed it again and it's unrecognizable.

Everyone has cosmetic items. Are all these people paying for them? I probably got like 2 or 3 random cosmetic drops in the 270 hrs I've played it.

steamcommunity.com/groups/redsunoverparadise

Check for the "mistral" servers, they're probably not updated now but they have events that fill up all slots regularly
I loved szf to death back in 2011-2013 so I know how you feel.

Attached: 1547720134397.png (638x898, 397K)

SoundSmith is a faggot but Bearded is based
He has a YouTube

I've had 12 cosmetic drops since 2012. Maybe more.

>not updated
I meant empty, fucking brain

I'm a pretty good spy and I fucking hate homewreckers. Sometimes you can't stick around to shoot the sentry.

Thank you so much user, If I could I'd give you a blowjob right now...Have a great night friend.

>be medic
>back scratcher faggits get triggered when I dont prioritize healing them

>zatoichi
>caber
>sticky bomb launcher
>loch n load
and that's just off the top of my head and only for demo. TF2 used to be so fucking fun, and the OP weapons were STILL inferior to a high skill ceiling player using stock + meta combo(crusader's crossbow, gunboats, etc.) loadout they do today.

Costs a buck to buy a decent cosmetic in a free game. If you've been playing a lot of a class, spending a buck or three to look cool is nice.

all you have to do is not care and det jump, it's a human mortar strike, what are they gonna do?

Attached: you just blow in from stupid town.png (360x360, 56K)

How would you buff it, Yea Forums?

Reduce the swap speed debuff so it’s negated by the degreaser

damage penalty down to -10% instead of 33%, or none at all
you can figure out how to use it with the swap time on your own

Make it crit again and not put out enemies on hit
Shitters & compfags will disagree but they are just shitters and compfags

Attached: 1542852015540.jpg (1024x569, 127K)

100% guranteed crits on burning targets
-70% less damage on non burning targets
-20% swing speed
-30% holster speed (read: holster, not deploy)
Target gets extinguished still so that pockets don't get run over
No random critical hits

You reminded me of a game I had earlier where a dude tried to kick our almost top scoring medic for not healing him enough. He was shocked when we kicked him instead.
Retard was too dumb to use my dispenser that was RIGHT THERE.

Same thing with intoxgaming's zombie fortress server, had the most fun playing that shit years ago with all the shitily made maps like the wanna be ishimura map and the l4d2 mall demake; then it all went downhill when some sniper mains joined.

WHOS GONNA MAKE A SERVER I WANNA PLAY WITH YOU FAGGOTS, just got back into tf2 since every other fps is dogshit rn.

The putting enemies out on hit is cool, though. It makes sense thematically and mechanically. If you don't get a kill first thing, you don't get a second chance.
Reduce non-burning damage to -50%. Damage increases on burning targets by 5% per half-second left, so on targets with full afterburn left, it'll do stock damage. Now crits on burning enemies again, so a hit on a target with full timer will do stock damage*3, which is 195.
Keep the extinguishing and speed boost, as well as the holster penalty.

Now, how would you fix THIS?
It's not that bad, but it's underwhelming.

Attached: RED_Degreaser.png (916x490, 197K)

strange conscientious objector when

Not if you enjoyed community servers which aren't 2fort, orange or other wacky maps.

>straight upgrade

I prefer the default look

Less damage directly, no afterburn penalty, no airblast panalty. Make draw and holster boost equal at 40%.
And then just buff weapons like the Axtinguisher.

"Ubersaw seems fine as it is"

---TF team

Eureka effect is based. I'd be fine if the game had half as many unlocks, but all were as game-changing as this.

There's literally nothing wrong with those.

Attached: 12384527369423.jpg (504x360, 17K)

It's not OP, the rest are just shit.

Amputator is great for medieval mode.

>the horrible physics engine adds no end of bugs everywhere
no kidding:

>consistently having your hp at fun
>hits like a truck
its actually seriously over built but ya know.. its a melee weapon on the short range class

>all they had to do was make the flames not vary with ping and make damage zones match the visuals
>instead they completely overhauled flame particles introducing several new problems, and changed the textures into obnoxious screen-blockers
Valve pls

Fucking double jumpers

Post your favourite weapon loadouts for your favourite class
>FAN
>Pocket Pistol
>Boston Basher

>fix it by making it bad
Good work.

Stock
Sticky jumper
Ham
But yeah, I switch to regular stickies when I actually want to win.

>Stock
>Mad Milk
>Three-Rune Blade

Attached: Bwaah.gif (480x366, 278K)

>the Grordbort Workshop becomes involved with TF2
>release some shitty Soldier stuff
>release some shitty Pyro stuff
>tease some Scout guns/Jetpack
>never fucking releases

never forget

Attached: 1554100194608.jpg (631x658, 39K)

>in an alternate timeline
>TF2 got new weapons that didnt break class design
>new art that didnt break the art style
>new maps that werent community made garbage
>new cosmetics without the crates or store
>new game modes that endured without splitting up the community
>paint was never added
>WETA workshop didnt use TF2 as ad space
>Valve kept making games and used Steam to make TF2 great instead of vice versa

Remember when idlers and achievement farmers were our biggest problem? Remember when we used to guess who would get the next 'Meet The' video?

It seems so far away now

This weapon is a beast just like the Warrior’s Spirit and I dare any nigger to tell me otherwise

Attached: 4175686A-7C54-4985-B0B6-27361A19C968.png (839x778, 778K)

Remember when the server browser had normal maps with normal objectives?

I like it but it's bad because it's not the powerjack.

I agree that the speed boost helps. But nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to critting some hot shot Heavy to near death and watching him try to run

Attached: 8F0A2BFF-052A-422D-9212-B5C7CBBC7207.png (308x225, 21K)

>release some shitty Soldier stuff
fuck you, righteous bison is great

Show your dominance over spies by killing every one of them and then doing their job better than them

Attached: 28D72AA15EED4491A29666C7920D10F2.jpg (1024x640, 58K)

i want to go back
current tf2 feels so neutered without the broken weps

>be medic
>not healing the pyro who takes 75% less healing
>not using that to build your uber faster
Shit, dude. You only got 10 Int.

Attached: 1548633010559.png (640x360, 472K)

Maybe if you only play dustbowl.

youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk

I haven't played in literal years, what's the biggest change both negative and positive? I have a bunch of old shit that I'm not even sure is viable anymore. I heard about the Sandman changes what the actual fuck

1. you remember the times it does more than when it doesn't
2. if the soldier is low health and close enough to use it he probably did damage recently, and melee crits ramp up to 65%

It's for combos, so why does it do stock damage? And why does airblast cost more, when those are so important to combos? In exchange for lowering damage, you get stock cost airblast and take off the afterburn penalty, since it really doesn't fit well. That'd be better on the Scorch Shot. And then you'd buff the switch-from speed a bit more, as that's the really important part, while nerfing the switch-to speed.
Small changes, but would probably make it better for comboing.

>obnoxious screen-blockers
how did this get past qc, it was already a pain in the dick to deal with pyro as a scout, now its even worse

Attached: 1549959540399.png (900x675, 890K)

>make an entire update solely to fix the Pyro
>make him even worse
The Pyro needs to just be deleted from the game at this point. It's such a brain-dead class that rewards mindless WM1 and Parkinson's-like mouse movement with too many damn crit mechanics.

You're dumb. No class would ever be removed. There are a dozen ways to fix Pyro, Valve just needs to get on those.

if there is any class that needs deleting its medic
imagine if you could win fights on skill alone without having to burst 3x damage on an enemy that has a medibeam sucking him off at all times

Frontier Justice
SC
Gunslinger

YOU CAN ALWAYS TELL A TEXAN

I still need to do the phlog contract. Any tips? My issue is the kill 5 while mmph in one single life. I might get one or two but I usually get killed shortly after.

BUT YOU CAN'T TELL HIM MUCH

Iron bomber is superior to stock grenade launcher, change my mind

Because flamethrower is already one of the least damaging primaries. Literally none of those other changes are worth making your primary weapon useless for dealing damage.
Afterburn damage doesn't mean shit on ANY flamethrower these days and degreaser's increased airblast cost also means nothing considering it's only five more ammo.
You're also giving the weapon a net loss in switch speed for no reason.
>afterburn penalty on the scorch shot
Why would you nerf the only thing that weapon has going for it?
These suggestions are fucking terrible, do you even play pyro? You should apply to the TF2 team, you'd fit right in with these awful balance ideas.

>Get open map
SCOUT SCOUT SCOUT
>Get small tight map
SPAM SPAM SPAM

I just wanna dick around bros...

Attached: 1555029693354.jpg (317x322, 24K)

>Accused of cheating for getting headshots on a Heavy standing completely still on the point
>Switch to huntsman, if it's not hitscan he can't think it's aimbot right
>Just gets angrier and "reports" me

Just wanted to play Sniper for a bit man

The lesser damage would be because you aren't meant to W+M1 with it. Buffs to the afterburn damage and airblast cost would make up for a 15% damage penalty. The switch speed is more important in switching to your secondary or melee, so that's more valuable than the switch-to speed. I'd be fine with higher times, I just figure they wouldn't want switch speeds too high, considering they nerfed it ages ago.
The Scorch Shot is annoying when it's being spammed. Lowering the damage per second from 8 to 6 wouln't be too bad.
Why are you so aggressive? He asked for changes, I gave some. It wouldn't ruin it and doesn't change the spirit of the weapon, so there's no need to be offended.

>be sniper on 2fort and just relaxing with some practice
>other team fucking sucks, almost like they want to be killed so I keep getting headshots on them
>see a semi-transparent spy walk over the ledge. I flick my crosshairs and fire where I think he is falling, getting a headshot on him
>"Wtf I was invisible! Red kick ur hacker"
>the accusation makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Thanks for the compliment, bro.

Attached: 1545716568576.png (583x405, 164K)

>The lesser damage would be because you aren't meant to W+M1 with it
That is literally the only way to play with a flamethrower. So you're taking a weapon that can w+m1 and combo and making it a weapon that can only combo and isn't even meaningfully better at comboing. That's called a nerf and does not fix the weapon.
>The Scorch Shot is annoying when it's being spammed.
That's the entire point and the only thing that makes it worth using.
>Why are you so aggressive?
Because your ideas are fucking terrible.

I guess using common sense is cheating now

I think flamethrowers in general should get some changes, too, so things other than W+M1 are better, but even with lesser damage, it could still do it decently. But it would further encourage using it mainly as a combo tool.
The Scorch Shot would still be great at that, just little bit worse. It'd be a tiny nerf on a great weapon.
I don't think either of these ideas are bad enough for this sort of response. You seem mighty flustered. Take a break from Yea Forums for a bit, user.

It wasn't nerfed enough. It's still the only melee any soldier who isn't memeing uses because its downside is a total joke.

I do think they never should have split it into two weapons though, they just should have put a flat HP penalty on it

Any weapons i should buy from the Market. I really like playing as Pyro,Heavy and Medic.

this bad boy and phlog for maximum assblasting

nigger pyros

Yes it is. Things have changed dramatically but its much better. You can ban or kick people from the menu now instead of using keyboard commands etc.

I don't think Valve will nerf it at all. Not many people have a problem with it anymore, it's pretty much equivalent to a Pyro sitting on the cart airblasting repeatedly, except Short Circuit can't reflect projectiles, only delete them and replace them with a weak projectile.

I play a 32-man Payload server which runs a mix of stock and custom payload maps, fills up pretty nicely in the late afternoon, and still exists. Good servers are still out there.
There's literally plenty wrong with Orange. It's shit and boring.

There's nothing "shit" about the other melee weapons Medic has, they're literally normal melees that are just as strong as Demo's Bottle. If we listened to you we'd be power creeping the game.

Ubersaw on the other hand is almost a straight upgrade to stock on the best class in the game and it makes all of Medic's other balanced melees not worth using. It should get a real downside.

The downside is that you're pulling out a melee weapon on a combo instead of using your Primary.

>It's literally just a straight upgrade
Not to any relevant point. When was the last time you saw anyone actually making use of its special ability? And Medieval Mode doesn't count.

Not only do you have to be in a situation where you can actually catch someone as Pyro to melee them, but you also have to have a Medic connected to them for it to be worth it.

-slows default Ubercharge rate by 10%
How's that? Replaces the swing speed penalty.

Yeah. The issue is that doing 65 damage to a pair isn't worth not having your flamethrower out, along with losing your Powerjack. If it marked them for death, then it would have a real purpose.

oh so I wasnt fucking crazy thinking flamethrower now is weaker than it used to be before jungle inferno
holy fuck valve

Attached: 1517144130769.png (462x437, 190K)

It's worse than pre-Blue Moon. Jungle Inferno buffed it, I think.

Reddit fags complained about the sandman so they changed it to shit.

they killed community servers and replaced them with overwatch tier matchmaking system

reminder that if you arent using stranges you're less than human

Want to get back into tf2 again but kinda dislike how the teams tend to be unbalanced. It's usually a stomp for one of the teams.

>Reddit nazi frogs
You must go back

Hey Yea Forums,
yore
ugleh

Attached: yoreugleh.webm (500x640, 336K)

>tfw been playing for 2000 hours
>Only ever got 1 cosmetic drop

based uglehposter

Attached: 1463330874336.jpg (590x554, 195K)

based marieposter

Don't ever press w unless you are wall climbing friend

but everyone just holds W and turns the mouse for max distance and air control

i like it

Only Reddit fags who also probably play Overwatch used the Sandman.
Self respecting Yea Forums Scouts didn't touch that retard's crutch.

So when is valve going to fix this?

I like the default axe.

Attached: 1515809716946.jpg (961x816, 239K)

they already did, read patch notes

>fakes his death
>valve presses f to pay respects by putting his name on a pyro weapon
>comes back and griefs
based

>-15 health
>crutch

Attached: 1533154739406.jpg (900x642, 144K)

should've added his name to the dead ringer

>sole purpose is to make the enemy gamer easier for your retard ass to hit
>not crutch

last time I played 2fort, was pocketing a heavy while we were spawncamping and a ballsy-ass pyro runs out and crits my heavy with it before I had time to swap weapons.

>tfw demonigger tears when I use the short circuit against their spawn camping

Attached: Erecting a cock.jpg (728x752, 97K)

>crutch
>required skill, aim, and prediction to land meaningful stuns
>required reflexes and basic knowledge of game physics to readjust angle to land a crit cleaver afterwards
>required game sense to know when and where to back off to if you want to get a stun that lasts for more than half a second on a medic to bust him before he can pop uber

Homewrecker is too strong

>>required skill, aim, and prediction to land meaningful stuns
Hitting someone 6 times with your Scattergun requires skill and aim. But it no longer takes skill and aim once you've hit them with the fastest projectile in the game and now their movement is significantly slowed or totally removed, and they're a sitting duck.
All Sandman did was take skill out of the game. It did not add any.
As for "prediction", Wrap Assassin brings that skill too without adding cancerous stun mechanics to the game. So as a net effect, Sandman solely reduces the skill in the game.

Back to Overwatch with your stuns, retard.

same concept different game
>playing hanzo in blunderwatch
>sombra had just come out
>essentially just a huntsman vs a spy
>dpes hwr weird cloak thing where she gains movement speed and fucks off in a direction
>"hm i bet shes going to flank me"
>watch her flank me
>headshot the moment she uncloaks
>"reported" in the chat followed by an immediate disconnect
and then they nerfed hanzo

And now you know why pyro has the highest skill ceiling in the game

this plus no random crits

Attached: 1543032372696.jpg (749x746, 71K)

HOMEWRECKERBROS
HOMEWRECKERBROS
HOMEWRECKERBROS
WE WRECK YO HOME
AND YO HOMIES

Just don't get hit by the ball.

Honestly after someone gets a domination on me I immediately just type "hacks" because I think it's funny. Some of the time what ends up happening is that the person I'm "accusing" gets extremely defensive. Those who get buttmad then retort with an "Oh, so now YOU'RE hacking?" when I get a lucky revenge kill.

I say it because I'm terribad and I need something to take the wind out of their sails.

Landing a projectile takes way more skill than hitscan.

Attached: 1239467983279853.jpg (512x512, 38K)

Like I said, Wrap Assassin (also Cleaver). There's literally not a single defensible reason for a stun/heavy slow to be involved.
Irrelevant to the fact that it's a crutch. It makes things easier for you to hit as its main job, so it's a crutch.
>without sandman: have to land multiple shots on a moving target
>with sandman: have to land 1 shot on a moving target, then target is a sitting duck that takes no skill to hit

Stop trying to defend your crutch, it's not coming back. Overwatch is more your speed.

Attached: jooce cd.png (432x432, 200K)

it's by definition not a crutch tho

>Sole, singular purpose is to make enemies easier to hit
By definition a crutch.

>you need to land a projectile to stun them (whick is inherently more skillful than the instant hitting laser weapons that are hitscan)
>this is somehow a crutch

These are your engineers. Say something nice about them.

Attached: 20190426114140_1.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

>See last point covered in stickies
>See teammate running in
>Quickly use scorch shot to destroy them
>Start capping
>Imagine demo helplessly pressing M2, wondering why it isn't working

Attached: 1486356534108.png (200x333, 87K)

>pyro
>scorch shot
neck urself

t. demomain

Snipermain actually. Scorch Shot is literal bullshit.

Just use the cozy camper if the afterburn bothers you.

>>you need to land a projectile to stun them (whick is inherently more skillful than the instant hitting laser weapons that are hitscan)
Already gone through this twice now. Actually read it this time instead of being illiterate.

You can make a luck-based hit with Sandman just by spamming it into a choke. And if you get lucky and someone happens to be walking through at that exact moment, you no longer have to aim your following shots.
Without Sandman you have to aim multiple shots to secure a kill. With Sandman you only had to aim one shot (or even not aim it at all and rely on luck) to secure a kill. Projectile hitboxes are also larger than hitscan hitboxes, and the high speed of the Sandman projectile made it require little more prediction than hitscan over mid range anyway.

Back to Overwatch, your crutch for lack of skill isn't coming back.

I'm poor and only have Jarate as a means of putting out fires.

szf was the shit, some maps were amazing.

Danger Shield is also specifically a giant middle finger to Pyro, less damage from fire and afterburn immunity

play a real class then, faggot, otherwise I'm going to keep switching to pyro to camp your battlements with the /ss/

>pyromain telling others to play a real class

Attached: ishygddt.png (675x720, 518K)

He's not wrong you know, pyro is at least one step above braindead NPC snipers.

>hold W+M1 to win
>step above tracking movement

>Class which can delete anything in one click from the opposite side of the map without the opportunity for that class to dodge, almost completely free from retaliation
>how is someone allowed to shoot a dodgeable projectile at me that takes 3 shots to kill with a 2 second firing interval woooow
scorch shot is a low skill weapon, but it has far more counterplay than a sniper does.

Backscratcher master race

Still takes more skill than pointing and clicking

Now how many medics are you hitting with that axe instead of just using the DPS machine in your primary slot?

Against anyone competent W+M1 results in death, some chip damage and afterburn at most. Pyro is already miles ahead of sniper sissies due to the sheer fact that they need to be close enough to be shot at to get kills.

>main
are you literally retarded? reread "switching to pyro" 100 times until your 2 brain cells rub together and you realize that that means switching from a different class into pyro

I was actually thinking of that one, mistook the name for the cozy camper.

>are you literally retarded
Yeah.

Already refuted, learn to read.

Is TF2 still getting updates? That game is over 11 years old, Jesus.

Cozy Camper works too though, fully charged shots don't stagger while on fire and the regen might save you from afterburn in some cases

Yep. Last year there was the Blue Moon update but a lot of people don't see it as an official update, which means it was the first year without an update. And we've already went over the previous record for most days without an update. Some people believe Valve is finally going to slow down.
People who believe this are idiots.

No major content updates for over a year, but continuous minor bugfixing/medal updates with the most recent one being 8 days ago, yes.

didn't they lay off a lot of staff?

There's nothing to refute, I'm simply stating things as they are.

They laid off Artifact staff, AFAIK.
Valve has always been ridiculously understaffed either way. They have literally 100x less staff working on their games than the average game company of their scope.

Not related to TF2. Of course that's hard to say considering their flat structure, "work on whatever you want" idea that we still don't know how true it is.
Either way, everyone that ever visits the TF2 team says there's usually a base 10-15 people on it. There was a rumor a while back that only 2 were there but it was actually talking about Team Fortress Classic. One of the main writers, Pinkerton, left and came back.

Attached: j1eslx3lrs911.png (1600x1200, 1.1M)

If your next reply is anything but a response to the body of the argument, we know you're just shitposting.

There is no argument. You're just yammering about how you suck at dodging balls.

I’m thankful they never added new characters like Overwatch did.

It’s like adding a new chess piece it always fucks the balance up

Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Good to hear.

I've made some questionable choices in my life, but The Sandman was a skillful weapon.

Attached: tf chess.jpg (1280x720, 303K)

Why even add more when there are already too many?

See . Final (you).

While TF2 prefers to have the core as perfect as possible while adding different weapons to add variety in gameplay, OW turns all those different loadouts into actual characters. Terrible decision for obvious reasons but what can you do.
It kinda comes across as a 90's marketing move you used to see in cartoons. Create more random characters to sell more toys but it's like Blizzard forgot to actually sell the toys.

nice trips brochacho

Attached: 1223242324204.gif (268x278, 1.39M)

?????
BLU has chess.

>Heavy is the King piece
>Not Medic
Shit picture

But it's a good analogue to the game, heavy is shit and medic is god tier.

It's canon.

Attached: 1286_exclusive_team_fortress2_chess_set.jpg (600x600, 64K)

>scout is not bishop
>engy is not rook
>pyro is not pawns
this looks awesome but come on

Heavy is king of team, he makes the most sense

Plus the physical TF2 chessboard has Heavy as the King piece

>>engy is not rook
it was weird to me too, believe me

best lineup:
heavy=king
medic=queen
demo=bishop (weird movement)
soldier=knight (weird movement)
engie=rook (teleport, most "castle" like class)
scout=pawn

Hot take: if you were salty about Pre-nerf airblast and quick switch combos, you were a shitter who couldn't handle getting raped by a close-range class at close range. It's like bitching about a sniper sniping you down a hallway, yeah it sucks but you were a retard for giving him the easy kill.

Attached: 1457910801675.png (333x444, 170K)

being mad about flare combos was dumb, but being mad about reserve shitter was justified because you could be punished even if you surfed correctly

Real issue is and always will be Valve maps sucking shit, along with stuff they put onto the matchmaker besides the few maps that survive the transition to comp without a pro version e.g. Upward

Pyro is actually one of the easiest classes to fight, even back when old airblast was a thing with the old Degreaser/Axtinguisher/Reserve Shooter setup

Annoying sure, but in most cases they were so focused on doing the combo they forget that dodging is a thing

But isn't every damage dealer class besides sniper something you can consider close range?

Pre-Nerf Axtinguisher was the true upgrade
Degreaser + Axtinguisher was fucking unbeatable

well that's gay

What does it mean to get pocketted?

It's when you encounter a pyro (or other close range class) in a tight pocket

Lurk more before posting and you'll find these things out without having to ask, newfag.

>Airblast + Axetinguisher gets nerfed
>Sandman + Cleaver gets nerfed
>Ambassador + Dead Ringer got nerfed
>They're still crying over the nerfs
>And they'll NEVER, EVER be buffed again
How does it feel?

Attached: 1535808320232.jpg (500x500, 25K)

How's brass beast treating you, fatty hoovy?? Oh thats right it isn't??? eat a shit mad and bad retard

>He thinks I'm a Heavy main
How're those nerfs treating ya pansy?

Attached: 1554205324581.png (256x256, 86K)

>Its never ever coming back

Attached: 250px-UllapoolCaber.png (250x232, 42K)

yeah nice try brass beast retard, nobody believes you. cope.

>yeah nice try brass beast retard, nobody believes you. cope.
lmao

Attached: 1529422530443.png (593x635, 341K)

This game died as soon as they added achievements. Don't know why anybody is still playing.

seeeeeething. brass beast tard

>Is TF2 worth getting back into?
Not really. It’s a dead game with a vocal cult following that’s particularly active on Yea Forums.

Like literally, this particular board is the only place in which you’ll find extensive discussion about the game in 2019 ever, and that’s only when the occasional thread pops up. Naturally there’s some discussion on the Steam community hub too.

Otherwise, unless you’ve been playing the game when it was still alive, or browse Yea Forums, you wouldn’t even it existed.

It’s also a pretty popular f2p choice for people whose computers can’t run cs:go or fortnite good, like kids that can’t afford consoles but have access to the family Dell pc.

>Leaves 125hp classes with 1 health

JUST LET ME HAVE THIS I WANT SNIPERS TO FEAR THE SKIES AGAIN

>40k players
>dead

>Literally nobody talks about it outside of partyvan babbies on Yea Forums

download a script bind.

>equip Homewrecker
>all engies switch classes
>equip something else
>engi shows up
>stay to defend his nest
>10 minutes later and his nest is untouched
>go back and forth to grab the homewrecker just in case
>nest is destroyed, engi backstabbed and the area is polluted with enemies
Being a pybro is a hard job.

Anyone else just like using the normal base weapons? I bought strange variants of each of them and stopped using cosmetics to try and get a classic feel

Attached: BCBE2F3D-85AC-482C-B648-46A2C6A94DC2.png (1081x807, 229K)

Homewrecker is fucking cancer and shouldn't exist. If you fail to stop a spy from backstabbing your engineer you should have to suffer the consequences.

Do you like collector's weapons, user?

Attached: 324589757984.png (1084x600, 165K)

sure, but the medic is the most important class and if he gets killed the battle is usually lost for that team

Sad...

By base weapons, do you mean stock? I don't really think of stranges as the base weapons but yes I mostly prefer stocks and have a hale's own RL+shotty.

stfu autist

The best thing about it is the chat
I keep forgetting about it and giggle like a retard everytime

Attached: yenword.png (453x37, 4K)

Stock is the best option in most cases due to anything worthwhile being nerfed

Still want to get a fancy australium rocket launcher, slap a pro kit on it, but I can't justify the price

Wow what an upgrade now that your flamethrower reduces healing anyways.

Attached: Brainlet shit.jpg (900x729, 67K)

Always remember:
>Scout mains
Manchildren
>Soldier mains
Tryhards
>Pyro mains
Sexual deviants
>Demo mains
Griefers
>Heavy mains
Actual children/mental defectives
>Engineer mains
DUDE WEED LMAO
>Medic mains
Women/gay men
>Sniper and Spy mains
Edgelords

Attached: 110003.jpg (501x900, 195K)

>Tryhards
So nothing that's actually wrong?

Attached: Soldier_Point_and_Shoot.png (593x763, 308K)

Attached: 1528133427349.jpg (594x593, 79K)

so many things are wrong with this drawing i want that person to attend art school.

You say tryhard like it's a bad thing

Isn't getting the objective the whole point? I see some pink/lime Heavy with hearts swirling around his head tossing sandviches, I'm gonna open fire just to watch him rage in chat

Feels good being a soldier main

I thought art school was a meme? Can you list everything wrong with it?

Why do the new Pyro weapons suck so much ass? I haven't played since about 2013 but I loaded up recently to see what's new and man they're all garbage
no wonder everyone's still using Degreaser and Flare Gun, who wants to give up their crucial secondary on the short range class for a one time fart cloud anyway

>Pyro main

Attached: 1553229216713.gif (320x230, 2.73M)

impressive post

>Being a pybro is a hard job.
It is, but it's worth it.
>last point
>engi sets up nest
>be bro and get homewrecker
>engi leaves to help team take out scout and and demoman
>spy shows up
>NOT TODAY
>burn and shotgun him
>smack sappers
>we win.

I like to run jetpack + backburner + rake on harvest, topscore everytime

>tfw only play casual and get EU servers so there's never any fun bants or actual good players

What the fuck is wrong with Stockholm servers
The biggest faggots and dumbest retards I've ever met were on those servers

Attached: 1429771620888.jpg (255x220, 6K)

It's Somalia, what else would you expect?

which HUD is that

I've killed many a level 3 with a homewrecker, and it's so satisfying to thwap a minisentry with one as soon as it's put down, since it only takes one hit.

>Tryhards
>t. child who types "stop tryharding so hard the rest of us are trying to have fun" and "don't cap yet"
Winning is the most fun, you're just not good enough to compete and the best part is not only am I having fun I get to deny you of any

Attached: 1552130451517.png (256x256, 130K)

whats the easiest way to harass snipers if they use DDS and I don't want to play sniper or spy.

ahud

Kill them with the classic
Just zoom around a wall/corner with a fully charged bodyshot
It's not effctive at all, but it makes them platinum assmad

All classes can do it, but since you mention specifically no Sniper/Spy, I personally use Scout or Soldier

If they're tunnel visioned, I like using Direct Hit since it gives them less time to react to the super fast rocket. Scout typically can bother them by zig-zagging around and flanking them

>steps out of spoon
>gets abra-ka-bombed
>see this

wat do?

Attached: ghs.png (800x600, 114K)

the 15 steps to increase FPS are neat

Attached: 12435098.jpg (667x566, 43K)

I swear it's always either Demo with a shit eating grin or a Soldier with his eye looking down in disgust at the body in freezecams

>join casual
>enemy demo on defence with unusuals that have his bitch kritz medic
what can i even do

Attached: 1550948066245.jpg (1944x2592, 1.86M)

headshot the med

be careful when you play custom game modes.

I used to be a beast in TF2 but i played saxton hale servers for nearly 10 months and when i went back to the normal game i couldn't play it anymore because i was so bad.

>intox
my nigga I loved that server

Go soldier and bomb his medic

batallions backup
short circuit

>2019
>meme fortress

lul

Some people are just too stubborn to let go even if the game is a shadow of what it was

I'm sure people would move on if there actually was a better alternative.

>TF2
Reddit get out

Attached: 250px-Conspiracy_Cap.png (250x366, 91K)

He was invited to a team that wins quite literally every TF2 tournament, without exception, then proceeded to bottom frag and insist on playing Engineer. If he ever tried to claim he was a good player because of that people would shit down his throat so hard.

Attached: 1526043753914.png (686x386, 261K)

>bottom frag as sentry dispenser and cart bitch heavy
user thanks for basically being a complete spastic who only goes far enough to produce a basic bitch baitpost

Reminder that jumpfags are the best players in the game and all of you faggots are hot garbage compared to them

Who are these... "jumpfags"?

youtube.com/watch?v=of_MObEiab4

>Tfw wait an entire day in queue for my favorite PLR map: Pipeline
>Get to play a match
>feelsgood.jpg
>Match ends
>Everyone votes for Hightower and have to go back to waiting in queue again

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4[1].png (1070x601, 507K)

Yea Forums has always loved TF2, newfag. Get out

Spoi

>does a triple sticky ctap air pogo to mid
>shoot him for 3 damage with scattergun
>he craters and ragequits

I played A LOT of team fortress classic back in the day
played some tf2 but it just isn't the same
now there are a lot of new items out
do these items make classes overpowered?

Attached: 1552955436578.gif (270x252, 1.44M)

No, stock is generally the best all around option for most slots on most classes.

>repeat the same jump map over and over until you're good at it, single player game
vs
>constantly fight different human beings who all react differently and are potentially as good or better than you

how

>Tryhards
>He doesn't play trolldier just to style on people

Attached: 23412345213.jpg (616x616, 183K)

Fucking this, where are my Pipeline bros at?

>Being this gay

>you're right but boy am I mad about it

That'd be too much.

>the utter confusion and accusations of hacking that follow when you flank the heavy+med and brainlessly swing a crit on the heavy and kill the medic.

Attached: 1328401196147.jpg (210x330, 52K)

You're a boring person, user.

What constitutes as exciting to you?

based invite champion
Yea Forums btfo

>all of Yea Forums is just threads about tf2
Trying too hard.

>dustbowl defense as spy
>enemy team is huddled in mine hallway
actually impossible, might as well switch off

>Defense on any map with a significant walk between spawn and the point as spy
>c&d at their spawn and destroy teleporters as soon as they go up
Engis get fucked

Don't expect people here to know what a crutch is, it's a waste of time.

>occasional thread
Literally five times a day.

It should take two hits and get some other buff.

The core gameplay is still the best there is. It just gets mistreated by Valve.

>come back to tf2 after not playing it for years
>game is basically the same outside of having the new matchmaking system
how the hell is it a "shadow of its former self?"

>get a good map, but the game is nearly over
>server ends and you can't vote for the next one
Every fucking time.

The neon sign does the same thing though

Attached: 1.jfif.jpg (323x433, 31K)

>im-fucking-plying
Overwatch was a bigger visual clusterfuck day 1 than TF2 ever has been.

Attached: shi.gif (500x344, 330K)

you might be disabled. they even change the colors for people like you.

Takes two hits to remove sappers rather than one. Only worth it if the map you're on has a ton of water.

>Be engi
>Solly approaches thinking you'll be an easy kill
>hit 4/6 shots dead on
>visibly see them puss out in fear as you push your advantage.
There is no other feeling as good as punishing players who underestimate you.

Attached: 1485745087894.jpg (607x608, 36K)

There's actually a very easy way around that

>Dude what if we take TF2 and take out literally everything skill-based and fun so lowest common denominator retards can play it lmao
Leave