Now that it's all but confirmed it's not coming to switch (there's still TGS) what was the point of putting this fag in...

Now that it's all but confirmed it's not coming to switch (there's still TGS) what was the point of putting this fag in Smash when we could have had Rex or Waluigi?

Attached: Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate-Joker-Persona-5-DLC.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2019/04/05/atlus-former-ceo-naoto-hiraoka-on-the-switch-13-sentinels-aegis-rims-delay-and-more/#u0MsQ3tIV4fRuFEz.99
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Sakurai likes Persona 5.

to advertise p5 bing bing wahoo edition. scramble is all tiny nintendo brain can handle.

this, sakurai said it himself that ultimate's menus were largely inspired by p5's

Seething

Where’s literally almost every smash characters game on the switch? Literally only flagship characters got games so you could make the same argument for like 60% of the roster. Go beg atlus to buy the same game again though

Except we get SMT which makes Persona seem like baby shit

to sell you Persona Q 2 and Scramble when they release in the west.

Wanted to represent the SMT series and Joker is the closest thing to a popular character they have. Jack Frost doesn't count.

TGS isn't going to announce the switch version because once Atlus announces which platform it's on it stays that way.

Because they wanted something to surprise everyone and Japanese developers loved P5.

Same shit this did. Cross promotion.

Attached: e7c0e99b99ac407e3adc732eac4b76ac1373406791_full.jpg (640x316, 98K)

There's still nothing, you scrub
This was the perfect time for it so it means it won't come
Just deal with that

Why would Nintendo allow Sakurai to cross promote a PS4 game though? It doesn't make sense. A switch version must still be in the works.

No one cares about Rex or Waluigi

BECAUSE HE WANTED HIM IN AND HE GOT HIM IN IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD TO UNDERSTAND

yeah, totally.

Attached: nu-smt.jpg (400x240, 29K)

my guess is partly cause if Nintendo was to restrict it to games that were having major titles on Switch it would end up being boring AF.

Persona doesn't got much releasing on Switch but knockoff Jojo is still a lot better than JRPG swordman #14

>there is still no SRPG with SMT mechanics
That crossover was such a let down

Who the hell is Rex?

Nintendo likes Sakurai and wants him to make Smash Bros. By letting Sakurai do what he wants with it, they help satisfy him and get him to make Smash Bros. Sakurai loves the Persona series. He wanted to include a Persona character into Smash. From a business point of view, Nintendo let him do it cause they want to satisfy him, because they want him to keep making Smash Bros. From Sakurai's point of view, he gets personal satisfaction with being able to put content from a series he loves into a series he makes.

A rancid protagonist from a forgetteable JRPG that looks like a fucking korean mmorpg

But I thought Nintendo were choosing the DLC?

Nintendo lies

Nintendo picked out many many characters that they would like to see, and Massive Hero Soccer Guy picked out 5 of them.

Attached: Rex.jpg (630x630, 62K)

>NINTENDO DON'T PUT SHILL PICKS IN
>REEEE NINTENDO WHY ARE WE GETTING UNEXPECTED, UNIQUE THIRD PARTY PICKS INSTEAD OF SHILL PICKS
Smash fans are the worst.
I'm happy he got in because I loved Persona 5.

Attached: 8949370.jpg (850x1115, 114K)

Except they didn't Nintendo had a list of acceptable additions. Sakurai had to pick from them instead of coming up with his own list.

But he is a shill pick. there is now Two Persona 5 games on Nintendo hardware to shill for.

>many many
Source? It could have just as well been Nintendo picking out 5 characters and Sakurai deciding if he could make them from the context of that tweet. I don't know where everyone is getting this list they're making up from

Because Atlus are working with Nintendo on other things. Since Smash is a fan-service game, and Persona 5 is currently Atlus hottest property it stands to reason why Joker got in if Nintendo promised to give em a slot.

Besides it's not like when cloud got in Smash 4 that a FF game, much less cloud's, came to the Wii U.

Nobody gives a fuck about Persona Etrian Odyssey or Persona Dynasty Warriors.

Which makes it even more suspicious that P5R is not announced for the switch. P5R is probably going to come to switch eventually, but I can see the PS4 version being the priority for now.

I can see Nintendo saving a P5R announcement for E3 or an end of year direct.

Yeah, I'm sure they added them to shill for those games instead of just to get Persona 5 money from people buying the DLC.
Just like they added Cloud in 4 to advertise FF Theatrhythm?

Don't bait the bot user.

Correction.
You don't.
P5 was published by Sony. People should have realized they weren't going to get a port.

This they actually had nothing to do with it
Hiraoka: “This time, Joker joining Smash Bros. was mainly thanks to Masahiro Sakurai from Sora, Ltd.’s invitation, which led to this partnership. Sakurai-san is a big fan of Persona 5, and we are fans of Smash Bros., so when we received the invitation, we thought, “That’s great!” We’re happy to establish such a great working relationship.”
Read more at siliconera.com/2019/04/05/atlus-former-ceo-naoto-hiraoka-on-the-switch-13-sentinels-aegis-rims-delay-and-more/#u0MsQ3tIV4fRuFEz.99

Nintendo definitely isn't adding Joker to shill for Scramble or Q2. They're adding him because he makes money. Just like Cloud, Ryu, and every other third party rep.

Waluigi will never, ever be playable. Rex is a Mii costume, he will never be more than a Mii costume.

Persona 5 is literally the single greatest turn based RPG of all-time, and Joker himself is probably the most stylish character to ever be in Smash.

I swear to god I feel sorry for Sakurai. He's literally one of the most hardworking, ingenious and genuinely passionate developers of all-time, and his fans are the type of autistic, mouthbreathing, developmentally stunted manchildren who cry because a fucking Mario Tennis joke character isn't in the game. He's honestly too good for this gay world.

Attached: 1556140672357.png (1286x2000, 2.06M)

I THINK THAT P5R WILL BE REVEALED AT E3.

There, the bait has been laid.

And to shill for two games on their platform.
This always factors in.

Bleached/blacked shit: cringe and bluepilled

FFVII R switch confirmed!

Street Fighter 5 for Wii U confirmed!
MGS4 for Wii confirmed!

Should've been Flynn, Demi-Fiend, or Jack Frost.

Nintendo wanted a popular third party. Persona 5 not coming to Switch just means Joker is a guest fighter. Nintendo already pulled out all the stops by getting every previous fighter in all the previous games in, that's how they got every Nintendo fanboy to buy the game. Now the marketing strategy is to appeal to those who might not have a Switch to play their favorite character in Smash Bros.

Attached: approach.jpg (1080x1062, 359K)

Remember when metal gear solid 1, 2 and 3 came to wii when Snake got added to Brawl? The motion controls were weird lol

Sakurai finds SMT boring, gay and edgy. He said that on twitter

I didn't expect Atlus to do anything but I really question why "Nintendo" bothered. It's honestly probably just a scapegoat for Sakurai so people don't get on his ass for favoritism.

Let me tell you how that would have gone over with your general audience.
>Flynn and Demi-Fiend
Literally who?
>Jack Frost
Only a fraction of the people who recognize Joker would recognize him, Jack Frost isn't utilized that much as an overall series mascot anymore.

Just think of Joker as the PlayStation ambassador and wait for the Xbox and PC ones

user, you are only hurting yourself.

This. It's extremely obvious that Smash fans don't get that Nintendo and Sakurai don't see Smash the same way they do, particularly people who obsess over "rules" and Nintendo purity.

yes,the twin snakes for 3ds

user, I hope you aren't using a game on a handheld that wasn't even in planning as an excuse for Snake to be in.

They should have gotten Kratos instead

Nice Agumon when

Rash for Xbone
Karl Franz for PC

Attached: karl.jpg (451x538, 76K)

He's too violent and western

Is the game reallly not coming to switch at all? Was the bestbuy leak fake?

How would that work? I'd assume they would base it on his 2018 appearance. Would there be a command to switch between Axe and Blades, or would it just switch around automatically?

Yes and yes.

So is Snake.

It's actually intentional. I always affix a blacked image to my most intelligent, cunning and/or redpilled posts. The juxtaposition of a well thought out post and a generic blacked meme image always both stimulates and aggravates the mind simultaneously. One of my favourite shitposting styles, something of a cloak and dagger technique.

Attached: 1556158370593.png (1534x2221, 2.04M)

I think it's been blatantly obvious for a while that Joker is in Smash because he's a crossover whore and not because of which games are on which systems.

Attached: you'll never see it coming.jpg (561x1120, 219K)

A P5S is coming to switch. It's just not a port of P5 and it's also coming to PS4.

But P5’s ui didn’t look like powerpoint shit.

Dude, just get over it. It’s not coming.

Snake was made in japan at least

I'm gonna need more well thought out and researched posts pls

Nah it probably is. It makes too much sense not to do it and P5 would be perfect for the Switch. We'll probably get it a couple months after the PS4 version with exclusive content.

cope

Atlus has never ported a game with exclusive content in decades

Face the reality, amigo

Seriously
Trying to sell fans of an M rated rpg and a tactical rpg fucking idol shit was a very stupid idea and I hope everyone thought it up was fired

user, seriously. I hope you're baiting at this point because I don't like people being genuinely disappointed. It isn't going to happen, just like how the Wii didn't get MGS4 and the Wii U/Switch aren't getting the FFVII remake or Street Fighter 5.

This is just like when everyone thought DQXI was never gonna come out on Switch because it was taking forever.

Cringe faggot

>sakurai owns a PS4
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRAITOR

So you are ignorant of the Devil Survivor series.

Are you sure you don't just want some more blackedpilled posts?

Attached: 1556138003043.jpg (700x2566, 531K)

That was so people stop jumping at his throat

To sell. It's not a billboard, it's a popular character in a massive crossover game

Wrong
It’s atlus and deep silver
I know for a fact deep silver is not Sony because they publish to everything

Because it's cool to have him in the game you corporate dicksucker, fuck off with these threads and try buying more than one console.

I'm sorry but this has to be funniest fucking post I've read in a while

Attached: 1548809873780.jpg (960x770, 108K)

he's the equivalent of Cloud only instead of squeenix he's atlus

Kojima wanted Snake to be originally in Melee but he got too late in development so they saved him for Brawl, that's why we got Twin snakes back in the gamecube.

It was published by Atlus, which is owned by sega. Sony owns no ownership of the persona series

Or we just got Twin Snakes because they felt like making MGS1 for Gamecube.
Not everything revolves around Smash you stupid Smash fans.

Solid Snake is a video game all star
Cloud Strife is a video game all star
Joker is not a video game all star

Who fucking cares? Like honestly, who cares? The sooner you stop caring so much about your Smash "rules" the sooner you can enjoy Smash more.

Not him but Smash "Ultimate" is so lacking in everything but roster shit that there's literally nothing else to enjoy.

Agreed that not everything has to do with Smash, but wouldn't surprise if it was part of his reasoning along with the lack of MGS games on Nintendo consoles at the time.

that's not SMT... that's Persona 4: Apocalypse silly user

Cute, buying this smt as we speak

A shill pick is a character like Roy, Corrin or Incineroar who aren't popular at all and just got added to boost their popularity.

There's nothing to shill about Joker he was already popular before Smash.

OH NO NO NO SWITCHBROS

SMT has been a long time vidya franchise that has been on plenty of Nintendo systems
Final Fantasy has been a long time vidya franchise that has been on plenty of Nintendo systems

He is in to Shill Persona Q2 that just released in japanese a few days prior to his announcement and will release in the west in less than 2 months.
And he is also now there to shill Scramble.
Smash is a huge advertisement for games on Nintendo platforms. always has and always will be.

The point was to add a character that will sell and bring a new audience to the game and maybe the system

>He is in to Shill Persona Q2
Yeah I'm sure Sakurai's intention with him was to shill a shitty spinoff game he never played on a dead console.

>when everyone thought DQXI was never gonna come out on Switch
it was literally the first switch to be announced user...

>he is shilling Persona Q2 and Scramble
user, he's there to make money from selling DLC packs, that's it.

I'm sure Sakurai liked Fire Emblem so much that he added Corrin in even though his/her game wasn't released yet.
and to make Nintendo money selling 3ds and Switch games. As is literally every other fighter.

Nintendo doesn't make money off of PQ2 and Scramble, user.

They make money off of every game sold on their console.

Are you retarded?

You know what I meant. If they wanted to sell a game on the 3DS, for example, they could add a Warioware character, a first party game, which would make them more money. Same thing for the Switch, just shill a recent Switch first party game.

>There's nothing to shill about Joker he was already popular before Smash.
so was based roar. cope with the fact that you're always going to see his face on the character screen.

Attached: yourtears.jpg (720x576, 44K)

They have a Wario ware character. His name is Wario.
Every character in smash has had a recent game release for Nintendo hardware before or close to their first inclusion.

Cloud?
Snake?
Ryu?

It should have been Isaac.

>Same thing for the Switch, just shill a recent Switch first party game.
you mean like they did with corrin last time and you all bitched endlessly about it?
face it, you rosterfags won't be happy with anything other than banjo, geno, isaac. everything that doesn't cater to your narrow-minded circlejerk will always either be a "shill pick," "literally who," or some other buzzword to dismiss it.

Attached: Dq7Exi9W4AAiREu.jpg (1200x800, 171K)

I'm not against shill picks of any kind. Joker was my most wanted. I just don't get why people say Joker HAS to be shilling something.
user, try to read better. I literally agree with you.

Thearhythm, Final Fantasy Explorers.
Twin snake then later Solid 3d.
You kidding? Countless street fighter games are on every nintendo platform.

Yes, I'm sure Nintendo was shilling for a game on the Gamecube in Brawl and also a game on a console that wasn't even planned yet.
I'm not even going to humor Theatrhythm and Explorers.

I just don't get why a company with as deep of a selection of characters as Nintendo would even want 3rd party characters. Most Nintendo fans would rather have Geno than Joker.

Didn't they literally promote Final Fantasy stuff on the same direct that announced Cloud in Smash?

They shill for every little bit of money they can get.
They are a business.

Why are people whining about a character NOT being a shill pick?
What the fuck do Smash fans want? Shill picks or not shill picks?
>WAAAAH JOKER ISNT SHILLING ANYTHING FOR ME

Nintendo characters in the Nintendo fighting game. 3rd party guests were a mistake. The amount of great Nintendo characters that could have been in instead is ridiculous.

Because atlus is the same company as square enix right?