Current year

>Current year
>Not playing this game with Xash3D
lmaoing @ ur lives

Attached: 220px-Half-Life_Cover_Art[1].jpg (220x315, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/HalfLifeGameOfTheYearEdition
github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/1650
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why wouldn't I just play Black Mesa instead?

Based

Because it's shit
The weapons feel like shit to use, it also feels slower because of Source engines movement. The HECU soldiers are really fucking hard to fight, they're obviously based off the Combine Soldier AI but like in HL2 they don't really take advantage of the AI potential, they just take a lot of ammo to kill. The fact that they started charging for it before finishing Xen is laughable.
It's a shit mod and "muh fanci grafix" is the only thing it has going for it
Also, though it's probably my computer: it ran pretty terribly.

Reminder /vr/ hate this game

I’ve beaten the campaign more than enough times on the mod and game versions, have all the achievements, and have over 200 hours on the game.

It’s not bad, you just gotta get good at the game. Also the whole “it was a mod why are they charging now” arguement is the exact opposite reason why companies like Valve have bought out mods before for games. They’re just as good as full original games are.

No they don't you faggot

yes they do

>The HECU soldiers are really fucking hard to fight
Git gud

I do though, together with mods.
The original crashes like mad with mods that push the boundaries of the engine.

Attached: hl 2018-11-18 19-20-47-44.webm (750x420, 2.92M)

what about opposing force

Yeah, the grunts are my biggest issue with it. The dam sure was fun with 20 hitscanning enemies running straigh at you.

Attached: 1552817218425.png (500x500, 44K)

OF is just a retread of the base campaign with zero original ideas. I can understand how people loved it back then as it was just more Half-Life, but you could already see Gearbox development patterns emerge.

Where can I pirate it?

Just get the free version, I'm sure it's still around. Doesn't look as nice but it's mostly the same as the paid one.

Do I need to have the original half life installed?

I agree 100%. I wish I played OF back when I played HL1 near it's release. I only finished it recently and it was decent but not amazing or as people claim even better than HL1

Just get the OG Half-Life instead
archive.org/details/HalfLifeGameOfTheYearEdition

That thread doesn't even contain many people who hate it, just people saying it isn't the greatest FPS ever made. Not being the greatest ever doesn't make it bad.

no

there are retards saying that killed fps and it sucks because its not like doom.

What's the benefit of xash3D over vanilla

Better modern hardware support, native high resolutions with proper widescreen, more stable with mods, multi plattform.
It's bacially a modern custom engine that's able to run goldsrc games.

Attached: hl 2018-08-20 01-27-59-47.jpg (2560x1440, 552K)

>remakes
Where have you been for the past forever?

Does Xash3D fixes the texture scaling?

How was it broken?

OpenGL renderer does not handle texture scaling well. D3D renderer does not have this issue, but it also works like shit on modern PCs, and it was removed from the steam version in 2013

Attached: 89563e54-543e-11e5-852c-a03d56616ee1.gif (512x512, 202K)

github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/issues/1650
That actually just got fixed.

It's a bait thread you retard

except we can have hl comfy threads here unlike /vr/.

With Xash3D it runs flawless in directx mode and has no scaling issues.
I played it at 144 FPS in 1440p.

Holy shit, that's neat. Looks like the beta build already has this fix implemented