Will Pikmin 4 bring them back?

Will Pikmin 4 bring them back?
What did you think of them, did you think they were good for Pikmin's gameplay or not?

Attached: Cave.png (978x732, 575K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SL2ePovKMtg
youtube.com/watch?v=QCHOHGq9feE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nope, nu-uh, I refuse to let this thread slip away
give me Bulbmin back

Attached: bulborb_bulbmin_size_chart_by_tameroflight_d8jqnqz-fullview.jpg (1024x680, 68K)

Pikmin 2 > 3 > 1
Bulbmin best min

they added a lot to the game and i found them fun, but there should be a focus on topside locations as well.

Pikmin 4 when. I’d take a 1, 2 or 3 port for Switch as well

Why did they say they harvested all edible matter on Earth in 3? I doubt they covered all of Earth.

I think they were a lateral shift for Pikmin's gameplay. Something different and cool, not necessarily better or worse. It's perfectly valid for some to love the randomized exploration and systematic methodical problem solving that caves offer, just as it's perfectly valid for someone to think that caves completely spit in the face of the very concept of Pikmin as a series.

Pikmin 2 is my favorite, and I've always loved the caves just because I enjoy the style of sweeping over a big area and hunting for goodies while defusing booby traps and dealing with tricky enemy formations with no timer pressure constantly looming over your head, but I don't think they'll ever really come back. Nintendo would probably prefer to either stay true to the roots established by Pikmin 1, or take it in an entirely new and unexpected direction that introduces innovative gameplay possibilities.

If Pikmin 4 isn't at Nintendo's E3 Direct, I'm considering it vaporware. This is getting ridiculous.

Attached: 1494285349746.jpg (103x147, 4K)

I miss the sense of urgency Pikmin 1 had with limited time. 2 sadly didn't have that and 3 tried to but it didn't really matter since there was a shit ton of fruit everywhere. Hope 4 manages to perfect and make an utterly kino Pikmin game. Hell, they can even bring back caves but have time still go on inside of them, but I imagine people will have problems with that.

Attached: image0-2.png (750x650, 211K)

I liked them, I was never a fan of the time limit in the other games. The "Artificial" setting also made for interesting "puzzles" on how to navigate the area.

I'm going to miss playing with wiimote controls desu.

>yfw Pikmin 4 has a night level

Attached: 1499107510887.png (1280x720, 1.04M)

Attached: 1553040950540.jpg (680x763, 195K)

> not already calling it vaporware

Maybe I'm just an old grandpa, but I grew up with the Gamecube games and vastly prefer that control style over the Wiimote. I got the New Play Control Pikmin 2 when it came out in America and I beat it just fine in the end, and I'm sure many people would consider it superior since it's technically more precise and you have much further range with your Pikmin, but I just don't like playing pointer games if I don't have to, plus I don't like the way swarming works compared to how simple it was on the Gamecube.

Continuing to explore after the sun goes down is such a cliche idea by now that I'm afraid Nintendo will actually implement it, because if it happens, it won't be surprising at all and just feel like a conclusion everyone came to years ago.

I just want to believe, user.

>why yes I do like Pikmin, how did you know?

>yfw it's a tower defense mode

I am disappointed with the lack of passion Olimar got in Smash. Years later, and he still has no voice. Pikmin is my favorite vidya series and I am just disgusted by all of this. Olimar is a surprisingly complex character and an amazing protag, and this is all he gets? Overall disappointed. I really wish Pikmin got better representation and not remain a niche series forever.

Attached: unknown-2.png (816x852, 341K)

Why yes! I do think white and purple pikmin should be brought back!

Attached: 1554243028460.jpg (2048x1919, 133K)

What he lacks in terms of canon personality and nods to his series, he makes up for by being a pretty succinct execution of a unique playstyle that would only make sense for a character from the Pikmin series. If anything, I hate how half of his costumes got devoured by Alph reskins instead of Louie.

Yeah I do believe Winged Pikmin are manly, did you guess that?

Attached: w.png (500x500, 99K)

His playstyle is neat, but what sucks is that optimal olimar play requires you to have to treat pikmin like expendables so you can get to purples. Keeping them alive is a bigger detriment than letting them die, which I just don't get. Also, yeah, I would've liked it if every captain got their own unique skin similar to Bowser Jr.
Looking good, based Pikminbro.

Attached: 1551837418496.png (831x1024, 469K)

MAKE THE ONIONS SEPARATE AGAIN

Attached: 1530332723186.gif (480x345, 3.46M)

I think is time to have more than a 100 pikmin on the field
It feels limiting now

PIKMIN 1/2 STYLE ONIONS ARE MUCH MORE AESTHETICALLY PLEASING AND IT MAKES THE HOME BASE AREA FEEL A LOT MORE POPULATED AND SAFE, BUT I ACTUALLY LIKE THE GAMEPLAY CONVENIENCE OF HAVING ALL TYPES OF PIKMIN ACCESSIBLE FROM ONE SINGLE PLACE, EVEN THOUGH I THINK THE NU-ONION DESIGN IS HIDEOUS AND THE FIVE PIKMIN COLORS LOOK DISGUSTING WHEN TIE-DYED TOGETHER LIKE THAT

Attached: 1485897195906.png (356x356, 92K)

Pikmin 1's atmosphere
Pikmin 3's puzzle-heavy overworld and bosses
Pikmin 2's caves as optional content for combat challenges in a no-time setting
Post-game Night Time Hard Mode

I agree with this, especially if they add more pikmin types.

I could go with or without them to be honest

I didn't really miss them while playing 3

Anything more than 100 would likely make the enemies way too easy.

I think 150 could be fair

If willing, I wouldn't mind seeing dungeons again and they can keep them randomized, that never bothered me too much. Like Tatarus from Persona 3, having each floor be random raise the unexpectedness and overall enjoyment of those sections imo.

Most enemies already drop instantly with a 100 i dont think it would be that much of a differebce

+ Pikmin 1 and 2's tie-in Strawberry Flower single

Fuck Pikmin 3 for not getting one

youtube.com/watch?v=SL2ePovKMtg

youtube.com/watch?v=QCHOHGq9feE

Attached: 1551062516171.jpg (480x360, 15K)

The random layouts are a neat idea, but they still need work. The biggest issue I have is that some cave floors start to blur together and become forgettable. There needs to be more of an effort to have each individual floor of a cave feel unique.

An excellent example is Gluttons Kitchen, which not only has the unique house aesthetic, but each floor has its own unique features:
>a toy box you have to toss Pikmin into to get the treasure
>a big toy railway you can walk around on
>big musical instruments
>plates with cannon beetle larvas
>the one with the Bulbear
>the final floor with a brightly lit picnic
I listed those floors from memory despite not playing it in years. Meanwhile, I could never remember anything about Citadel of Spiders.

Special shoutout to Snagret Hole starting in a birdhouse that drops you into a yard on the second floor, and the unique floor in Shower Room that's under a sewer grate.

Attached: Hidden_Garden.jpg (670x533, 47K)

I didn't like the caves at all because every floor was pure combat or combing through with Olimar or Louie to flush out traps. After I got the rocket punch I started diligently punching the hell out of whatever enemies I didn't need pikmin to deal with.
The combat was my least favorite part of the first game and while it's a lot better in 2 I'm still not a big fan of it.

They were pretty hardcore towards the end. I'd like them back plus challenge mode.

I enjoyed the spelunking aspect of it but i didnt enjoy the randomized nature of it.

I dont think pikmin excels as a dungeon crawler.

bump

Attached: 2019042318474900-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg (1280x720, 242K)

I liked them, even if they went a little too far with the BOMBROCKS FALL EVERYBODY DIES LMAO shit towards the end. I wouldn't mind seeing them return, but they shouldn't be the majority of the game like they were in 2.

Attached: 28330871_p0.jpg (880x660, 162K)