Just bought Dark souls 3. This is my first Dark souls game. What should I expect...

Just bought Dark souls 3. This is my first Dark souls game. What should I expect? Any beginner tips without spoiling anything.

Attached: 0450694059609.png (421x171, 127K)

Play Dark Souls 1 first

Use the soul of the first boss to craft a really op weapon. This activates easy mode.

Don't.
Start with DaS1

take your time and don't use a guide
also get the fuck off Yea Forums and just play it

Its the easiest one in the series very linear game just go forward

Never use a guide unless you're absolutely fucking stuck.

You don't need to play the other DaS games because the story in these games are really esoteric anyway. With that said, despite what contrarians try to tell you in this thread, DaS 3 is by far the best FromSoft game.

>DaS 3 is by far the best FromSoft game.

Attached: 1555979678902.png (471x280, 67K)

>he fell for the worst Souls game

The game is very spamrolly and linear and you're gonna treat it like an action game which will ruin your perspective on the other Souls games.

play DaS1 first retard

Most of the game is just a subversion of the first one.

Why wouldn’t you start with Dark Souls 1 (ONE) first?
Pretty dumb if you ask me.

>Just bought Dark souls 3. This is my first Dark souls game.
you should consider suicide and stop playing

You really should not have started with that one, it's far harder than the first AND ties in with its story a lot.
But since you're already at it, I suppose there's no big important tip to give to a complete beginning outside being patient, and to pay attention to how the damage scaling system works: Weapons can get a specific scaling associated with one or more stats that goes from E to S scaling, and the higher your stats that affect that weapon are, the more bonus damage you get from it.
My first time playing through Dark Souls I didn't understand this fact and went all the way up to the penultimate boss of the DLC with an Astora Straight Sword that did no damn damage at all.

Well the fact that you haven't played a Souls game yet shows already that you're a casul. And you picked the hardest one to start with. Prepare to get your ass kicked.

You don't have to use anything but the long sword you start with.

Dodge and attack

Sorcery is trash until you have a really high Int and certain items. Pyromancy is great all the way through, probably the best in the series.

>it's far harder than the first
Nigger it's the easiest in the series

TOP TIER
>Demon's Souls

HIGH TIER
>Dark Souls
>Salt and Sanctuary

OKAY TIER
>Dark Souls III

SHIT TIER
>Dark Souls II

>all these 2011+ newfags advising to play Dark Souls first
figures a retard OP would attract a bunch of retard responses

Attached: Biorr.jpg (278x508, 40K)

>Dark souls 3
>3
>This is my first Dark souls game
>first
why are normies so retarded?

Why are Fromniggers so obsessed with rating their shitty games?

>Elder God Tier
Dark Souls

>God Tier
Bloodborne
Sekiro

>Great Tier
Demon's Souls

>Meh Tier
Dark Souls 2

Garbage Tier
>Dark Souls 3

You came to the wrong place to ask for advice. People here are so dense, they think this game is the easiest/worst in the series because they played the other ones while they were younger and already learned all the neat little tricks that get you by in a Souls game.

DaS 3 is the hardest mainline souls game, with BB being slightly more difficult. That being said, none of these games are difficult once you learn how to dodge and what you can parry. Dying is part of the experience, just keep going.

That format for level design is skewed to help DS2.

For one, 2 is extremely linear. It's just that they keep having you return to Majula to go down another line of levels. Otherwise all of the "side areas" are just really small detours like the Belfrys and Throne of Want.

Also, this doesn't take into account how much more interconnected each of DS3's individual areas are. Even if you go through the areas in a linear fashion, each one has way more interconnection and shortcuts than 2's.

>Salt and Sanctuary
>anything but shit tier

Reddit: the opinion

>DaS 3 is the hardest mainline souls game, with BB being slightly more difficult.
ive read DS3 is harder than BB, but idk
t. only have played DS1

yall got skewed af memories. they were all fucking easy. people are just good at the games by the time they reach 3

Souls difficulty is schizophrenic anyway and varies wildly from person to person so there's not much use getting into this.
Though for me personally, I feel myself having to stay on my toes on 3 a lot more than I do on 1. Only enemies in 1 that still make me uncertain about facing them are Bonewheels and Skeleton Beasts, meanwhile in 3 there are a lot more where I feel the need to be cautious or else things can go south very easy.
And that's not even mentioning the bosses.

Why is S&S randomly thrown in there? Might as well include LotF, The Surge, etc.
Anyway:
>PERFECTION TIER
Bloodborne
>TOP TIER
Dark Souls, Dark Souls III
>GOOD BUT DATED TIER
Demon's Souls
>TRASH TIER
Dark Souls II

Attached: 1439155276960-4.jpg (337x233, 23K)

>Demon's Souls better than DaS or BB

Literally hipster

Attached: 1495389010436.jpg (474x434, 90K)

I would recommend playing darksouls 1 first
you're going to miss out on a bunch of lore stuff

>2 is extremely linear
lol

2 is cool in that if you ever feel frustrated with one path, you can go back to majula and try another. Feels like a demon's souls type hub. I agree that nothing is particularly well designed about it though. The linearity of 3 is still a bad thing.
The main thing that image shows is that DS1 is a masterwork of an interconnected world. I don't think any game ever has come close to the denseness and verticality of the DS1 world.

>they think this game is the easiest/worst in the series
It is tho
>most bosses are pushovers or just gimmicks
>infinite rolls and instant estus
>fanservice references to previous games that make no sense
>ng+ adds nothing new except rings and becomes even easier than ng
>covenants are broken
>pvp is garbage

Bloodborne is the hardest Souls game. Sekiro is a bit harder than Bloodborne but not too much.

Only the Defiled Chalice bosses are hard. Beat Orphan first try after coming back from Sekiro.

It's the only Souls-like I've played that was so astoundingly decent that it shines above the rest. Also it was better than DaSII and the little bit of DaSIII I've played.

Attached: Spindlefucker.png (954x662, 214K)

>muh linearity

Having a pathway to another part of the world does not necessarely make the game better. The individual level design on DS3 is fantastic and the game is a lot more balanced than DS1 whose difficulty zigzags everywhere

You're probably a Sekirofag starving for more, in which case I should say that the Dark Souls series is extremely defense oriented. Every roll, every swing, every action counts against you. It rewards tempering your aggression and patience. Whenever you press a button you want to make damn sure you wanted to press that button or the game is going to fuck you up.
less so in DS3 because rolling is busted but you get the picture

Attached: 1550796701479.png (499x622, 524K)

>For one, 2 is extremely linear.

2 is the least linear game of all of them, despite its flaws.

DS3 is the best in the series but to enjoy it you need to play 1 first.

you need to beat the giant tree to turn boss souls into weapons
lying nigger

best tip is to not spec in shield and not spec in armor.unless they fixed it since i last played anyways, fat builds and great shields were god awful. i just wore random outfits and ran around with a great axe

play ds1 or even better, demon's souls first instead

Just play it. The game itself is self explainatory.

People keep mentioning how much more you can roll in DS3, but no one mentions how kuch more combo happy DS3 bosses are.

Imagine fighting Pontiff with DS1 rolls

Das2 is the hardest desu most of the hits so unpredictable and movement so slow its almost impossible. Truly an artificial difficulty

DS3
Worst camera in the series, I don't even understand how that is possible after 5 games.
Camera fuckery abounds.

>dude I totally played Demon's, look at me aren't I cool?!

Attached: 1545552653636.jpg (500x338, 41K)

Prepare to roll.

its not like its a hard to believe statement when its easily emulatable these days

Prepare to lose your foreskin

go knight, easily the best begginers class

Exactly, nobody cares whether or not you played Demon's

Play as a realistic knight character on your first playthrough.
You'll thank me later.

Attached: 1497568997232.jpg (539x811, 41K)

High Wall, Cathedral and Grand Archives are the only levels in DS3 that are good at all, everything else is a boring slog in both looks and game design.

Why do people start with sequels? There are 2 handfuls at MOST where the sequel was just way better than the original.

>demon souls
lol
>dark souls 2 above of anything
and more lol

If you get stuck on a boss, take a break, then try again while keeping in mind that the "strategy" to all bosses is circle strafing and timed rolling.

Your first souls will aways be the hardest. Start with knight and fire gem for a easier run. Upgrade your HP until at least 1k, then you could start investing in stats for a scaling weapon or keep pumping defensive stats and when higher level just respec into then. A fire weapon will get you pretty far. Most important of all, don´t panic and don´t get greedy during fights. Your priority is to stay alive. Whenever you think you could squeeze another hit, don´t. Maybe you could, but you shouldn´t. That´s how you get yourself killed

mid-heavy armor, sword and shield are the purest form of playing dark souls. greatswords if you´re feeling funky. Only then other builds should come up

No one thinks DS3 is the easiest, it's bait.

Game has hidden difficulty settings:
>hardest difficulty
No shield, minimum armor, using short tiny weapon like dagger
>normal difficulty
Decent armor, medium shield, longsword, spear
>easy mode
Heavy shield, the best armor you can get your hands on, massive long sword
>tutorial mode
Using magic and reading wiki about which items boost magic damage

Attached: 190410090959-01-black-hole-event-horizon-telescope-large-169.jpg (460x259, 6K)

>medium armor, medium shield, longsword
That's literally ultra babby mode for DaS3

>Little skewed to help DS2
No it's not. DaS2 and 3 share the same issue; oneway streets everywhere. DaS2 has the huge bonus of being able to start basically anywhere and have your first boss be anything, but DaS3 is so fucking strict and boring that I cannot understand how you nerds play it a third time.

>hardest ones at the bottom
lmao everytime.
shitters don't even try hiding it anymore.

I would play Das 1 first but for the soul purpose of that you cannot roll in every direction so the transition from playing 1 to 3 feels fantastic, but the transition from 3 to 1 will probably feel awkward

Dark Souls 3 is so bad that I removed it from my steam library permanently.

Nope, many many bosses will slap your ass hard if you only have medium shield and cant parry or dodge / space correctly.

And yes, longsword is considered as one of best weapons in the whole series for its fast swings delivering decent damage, but it is extremly bad in begginers hands because poor reach and it wont ever stagger bosses nor majority of mobs.

And in PvP using longsword will get you killed by parry faster than you can chug estus...

>because poor reach
Not in DaS3 lol

>2 is extremly linear.
you're the kind of brainlets that ruin this website

Many bosses like dragons are kinda immune to horizontal swings of longsword. You often need to be uncomfortably close for any hit to connect.

If you take good old zweihanger, any glaive or halbert, these weapons have so big reach its kinda impossible to miss and very good damage with high stagger possibility. Longsword in comparsion is weak. It should be called manlet sword.

How many dragon bosses are there in DaS3?

First half of nameless king, that's literally it in the base game.

Exactly. The only other boss I can think of right now that's annoying with a longsword is greatwood

>small shield and parry spam isnt anywhere on the list

where does that go under? "do this if you have skill"?

which weapon is that?

Refund, buy PS3 and DeS/ DaS1-2.

drop your fucking shield and roll, nigger
also manage that stamina and learn your parry timings

It's in the "do this if you want to be a massive faggot" category

If you've already bought it why not just fucking play it and form your own opinion?

>small shield
>parry spam
Ah yes the ultimate technique which you master on your 10th playthrough and is absolutely YOLO from start to finish.

Irrelevant for begginers.

is launching the game and witnessing the tutorial not fucking enough for you?

Refund it

Refund and get 1. Ignore the bonfire they added next to the skeleton blacksmith

>Just bought "X", what should I expect?
I fucking hate threads like this. Just play the game, you've already bought it.

>Buying the remaster
Better off just torrenting it. It's garbage not worth anyone's money.