Simple reminder that Joker's inclusion in Smash happened because of Nintendo, not Sakurai

Simple reminder that Joker's inclusion in Smash happened because of Nintendo, not Sakurai.
Why would Nintendo want a character from a game not released on Switch?

Attached: nintendo_joker.png (616x249, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

personacentral.com/atlus-interview-joker-smash-p3-p4-projects-future/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he’s in a 3DS game, Persona Q2.

Sakurai lied, my friend.
>GNN: Joker from Persona 5 has been announced for participation in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. What was the opportunity to have Joker included? What do you personally expect of Joker’s participation?
>Hiraoka: This time, Joker will participate in Super Smash Bros. mainly because of the invitation from Sora Ltd.’s Masahiro Sakurai. That is what led to this collaboration. Because Mr. Sakurai likes Persona 5 very much, and I personally like Super Smash Bros. a lot, my first thought when I received the invitation was “Great!” I was very happy to establish a relationship for this collaboration.
personacentral.com/atlus-interview-joker-smash-p3-p4-projects-future/

Why does it say "Joker from Persona 5" then?

Because that's where he came him via PQ2

Why do you keep peddling this meme that Super Smash Bros is the center of the universe? They added a character to a fanservice party game. There's no grand business deal at play. Cloud's inclusion should have already made that clear. FFVII was not ported to Wii U, and the Switch port came long after Steam/PS4 and at the same time as Xbone.

When a publisher is considering whether to release a certain game on a certain platform, they're not thinking "Is the protagonist of the game in Smash Bros????".

Of course it's going to be released on Switch, but you'd have to be retarded to think Nintendo isn't saving the announcement for E3.

Why were Richter and Alucard stated as being from Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night respectively if neither game was released on a Nintendo console?

Cloud's inclusion was decided by Sakurai, not Nintendo. You're missing OP's point.

Rondo of Blood is on the SNES you stupid piece of shit

>character from popular game
>would get more players to play Smash

Of course Nintendo would prioritise that over “advertising” a game they don’t own.

But wait, Smashfags need things like “advertising” to desperately predict the future, and hate it when the Smash team continually stomps on their speculation.

Attached: E805A65C-2A40-429F-8A8B-224C0F837B87.jpg (745x1024, 173K)

Guys, we're talking about the D L C FIGHTERS!
Richter/Simon are NOT D L C FIGHTERS!

Who the fuck cares? He's a cool character from a good game, what more do you want? Console war faggotry is irrelevant to the console makers. I hope they put a character from a game that has absolutely 0 chance of releasing on Switch like Kratos just to see more retards complain

You are very very dumb! You have the big stupid!

Since when port speculations became a console war faggotry?

Did you even read my post? Nothing that I said has to do with whether Sakurai or Nintendo chose the character. Sakurai would obviously have to consult Nintendo regardless, not just because they're the ones paying for the game but also to handle the legal busywork.

Like I said, Super Smash Bros is not the center of the universe. You give the game WAY more weight than Nintendo, Atlus, or any other third-party does. Deciding whether to port a game is an entirely independent process based on profit motives and business strategies. As proven by Cloud.

>Why would Nintendo want a character from a game not released on Switch?
because he's popular you cretin, that's how you get dlc to sell. what remaining first party character would get as much sales as joker? captain toad? the dog from yoshi? obliviously not

That's a very arbitrary distinction. And did you forget how many people assumed that Konami was going to immediately come out with a Castlevania collection for Switch? And then they came out with a two-game package that was PS4 only. I'm not even a Sony fanboy but I legitimately get schadenfreude from seeing you retards be so sure of yourselves only to get proven wrong time and time again. You never learn.

I'm talking about the people using the exact same argument to say "it's not on my console, what's the fucking point of this character being in the game, delete him now"
>Why would Nintendo want a character from a game not released on Switch?
Why not? They just want more people playing Smash. They clearly don't give a fuck and you shouldn't either

>Simple reminder that Joker's inclusion in Smash happened because of Nintendo, not Sakurai

That is false, Nintendo picks the characters, Sakurai gives the okay of whether or not he can or wants to put them in.

People play Smash Bros because they like videogames, not because they swore loyalty to some Japanese company. No one with a brain cares about the fact that Joker or Cloud or whatever never appeared on a Nintendo console. Owning a Switch doesn't magically stop you from enjoying Halo, Spyro the Dragon and so on.

Attached: 1497499333791.jpg (570x450, 48K)

Based and venompilled, fuck console wars fagotry.

Persona Q 2 had Joker and the Phantom Theives as a focus. That game was released before he was revealed for smash.

Rondo of blood wasn't.
Dracula X was. Yes they may have the same characters but they were entirely different games.

SMT is a fuckhuge series dating back to the SNES, it was bound to get some form of rep. Especially now that P5 made it mainstream, even if it's Snoy-exclusive.

he thinks the garbage vampire kiss is rondo of blood lol,what a dumbfuck

It makes sense, they don't have to worry about porting. They could put Kratos in and everyone would go to Smash just for the gimmick

Again, why would Nintendo give Atlus free marketing to a PS4 game?
Wouldn't it make sense for Atlus to take this as a opportunity to port P5 on Switch when the whole Joker hype happened?
Also, Smash IS in a way ""the center of the universe""; Every publisher want their games to be represented in Smash. Remember the Smash Ballot?

>Inb4 Spyro and Halo gets announced on Switch at E3

Nintendo wants people to buy Smash Bros and its DLC

Just face it, you guys. Persona 5 WILL eventually be ported on Switch, sooner or later.

Attached: 76484949.gif (180x184, 1.83M)

i always assumed sakurai was just making up bullshit about nintendo picking the characters to shut rosterfags up, since they were spamming his twitter mentions like crazy at the time. good to know i was right all along.

Woah user... I can't... Smash is the center of the universe.... Woah.... You solved the meaning of the life.. Smash..
So this is what happens with your brain if you don't shower for years?

>Live in Japan
>Have PS4 and Persona 5
>Nintendo announce Persona 5 character as dlc to Smash
>Be interested in the game
>Buy a Switch with Smash Ultimate

Did you get it now? Nintendo wants the Persona(and Playstation) audience to sell more Smash and more switches. Is that so hard to understand you fucking faggot?

>People play Smash Bros because they like videogames
the sheer number of smashfag secondaries who display their ignorance of any franchise related to smash, that gets brought up in smash rumors/speculation, etc. proves otherwise.

Why would Nintendo want a popular IP associated with their DLC? Gosh it can't be to sell the DLC it has to be marketing for an upcoming Switch game.

>so he was like "guys we need MORE anime swordsmen"

At this point I'm expecting Halo on Switch one of these days. Spyro wouldn't surprise me considering Crash is.

>Also, Smash IS in a way ""the center of the universe""
jesus christ, you smashfags are delusional.
>Every publisher want their games to be represented in Smash.
they'll gladly take the advertising opportunity when it's offered. that doesn't mean they're going to base all their business decisions around a party game's roster. that would be silly.

Then explain we get characters like Corrin and Incineroar? Those are clearly added to shill other games than Smash. Roy in Melee?

Jesus christ, you might as well just roast yourself with how easy you're making it.

Yes
Joker was in the list that Nintendo gave Sakurai, so he decided to make him a fighter.

How is that hard to understand?

Because they have a competent marketing department and not idiot autists like you who think it wouldn't be embarrassing to day JOKER FROM PERSONA Q2 WHICH ISN'T OUT YET AND NOBODY IN THE WEST IS AWARE OF IT

lying jew

IT'S A FUCKING DAGGER

They're not the rule. Plus, by this point, Nintendo and Sakurai must have realized that guests sell DLC like crazy.

>Smash is not the center of the universe
>Biggest crossover in gaming history
>Hundreds of different iconic IPs represented
>Evergreen best-seller with no sign of slowing down
>Thousands of threads about Smash
>Not the center of the universe

Attached: 57624747346.gif (333x174, 985K)

Because it is a Company deal, not a Character deal. Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of potential characters for each DLC company they want to shill (presumably preselected by the companies themselves) and Sakurai chose which one would be the best.
I don't think either Nintendo or Sega expected Sakurai to choose Joker though but they rolled with it because it's fucking Sakurai and they trust him.

Attached: smash-ultimate-mii-fighters-2.png (1305x729, 1.04M)

I guess that old adage is true, "People who play Smash enjoy playing Smash."

You're literally.. and I'm not joking. FULL BLOWN AUTISTIC.

Because P5S will be a Switch exclusive, it's painfully obvious, and I can't wait to drink sonygro tears.

>Lets put a character, stage, and a number of songs from a series that has been mostly Playstation exclusive for a long time
>But let's not actually give an explanation for what all these references are in game or give them a version to play they're just supposed to "get it"

But when will they do the most stupidly obvious thing that they should have done a long time ago already? The world needs more Star Fox reps.

Attached: D6BA0450-7DA8-4ED8-8C9C-FBC28948C692.png (1200x1500, 2.5M)

smash is not even one of nintendo's top five best-selling franchises. and before you use the excuse that it's a young series, the wii series is even younger and it's still in the top 5.
how can smash be "the center of the universe" when it's not even the center of the one platform it's exclusive to?

Star Fox already has more character in Smash than it deserves.

>ctrl+f
>steve gives no results
Y'all will regret this!

Attached: 442X2IT.jpg (675x1200, 106K)

>nintendo knew the WiiU was the fuckup
>needed to get third parties back on board
>asked third parties to bring games to the switch and they'll put one of their characters in smash

hence why SMTV was announced WAY too fucking early
same with DQXI, even in erdrick isn't in (he is)