Frontier just announced Planet Zoo

Frontier just announced Planet Zoo

Will it be better than Planet Coaster?

Attached: planet_zoo.jpg (1200x628, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrZWJselQog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=CrZWJselQog

looks just like the old Planet Coaster trailer

It will be shit, just like JW:E

can animals fuck people?

Leaked ingame screenshot

Attached: 636178516108265271-dfpd24221.jpg (3200x1680, 694K)

That seems to be something alot more different. This is similar to Planet Coaster

> Can't even fix Planet Coaster
> Make another game instead
Fuck

See

PLEASE PLEASE MAKE DECENT
>ZOO TYCOON 3

I dont know what the planet word means in this context, i just want to build zoos and the visitors to throw trash all around so i can REEEEEE at lazy overpaid janitors.

Didnt Frontier say they were working on the first major DLC for planet coaster? The fact that it's called "Planet Zoo" and uses the same logo as PC, plus the same guests and stalls is very suspicious

This
Just take Zoo Tycoon 2, upgrade the graphics and the editor, add the missing species from ZT1, change the actual tycoon part of the game and done, you've got the perfect zoo game

Fucking nice
I miss zoo tycoon

It's probably a whole new game

I’ve heard rumors about this dating back to before planet coaster’s release
It’s gonna be a good sandbox but a shit tycoon game

Loved Zoo Tycoon and the expansions as a kid, but I didn't play 2 because it ran like shit on my PC back then. Is it worth playing as an adult?

Also I haven't played planet coaster, but hopefully the devs learned enough from that to make a decent game.

I never understood people complaining about planet coaster being a bad tycoon game. Shit, when we played back in the day, we just did the campaign maps and crashed coasters. We didnt even pay attention to the management, not that there was any considering the most management boiled down to was,
>see guests are saying something is a good price
>jack it up an extra 5 dollars

2 is pretty good too

I bet there will be a mod for that.

Can you buy the game and expansions for a decent price or is it better to torrent it?

Well yeah, why would we talk about normal gameplay?

Betting on it having no mod support. It's gonna be ALLLL DLC's.

what needs to be fixed in planet coaster?

>DLC

kek

Just like there are mods on Planet Coaster

oh right there arent any

Are you retarded?

>Copy old classic game
>Update it to modern graphics
>Add very little in terms of features or format
>People lap it up and hail the return of what ever old game it was
>Dont' actually do anything other than copy the game and add new graphics, in some cases leave out certain things or have less content

Sorry but how the fuck can't people see this? all of these clones of classic tycoon style games are almost 1:1 copies of the older games with no meaningful additions or even lack things. None of these games content coop or multiplayer too.

>Planet Coaster
>Planet Zoo
>Parkitect
>Two Point Hospital
>Numerious copies of OpenTTD
>Shallow revivals of tycoon style formats

All of these clones are at best mediocre copies of older games and often inferior to the originals because of art style differences or even lacking Multiplayer. OpenTTD and OpenRCT are infinitely superior to their modern rivals on the basis they have at least the same level of content with multiplayer. None of these games go anywhere, it's a shameless cash in on old IP's that died, Two Point being the most shameless with it being literally Theme Hospital remade, with no purpose other than to make some money. The Tycoon genre is dead, stuck being a shallow reboot of itself.

are you?

I want to know this too. And is there a complete collection that has every expansion in it, like the first one had?

ZT2 can be tricky to get running on Windows 10, but yes its worth playing.

It's better than nothing.
>>Add very little in terms of features or format
that's because that's what everyone asks for, who the fuck wants a bunch of useless unnecessary features?

Nice. Zoo Tycoon was pretty great. Planet Coaster wasn't a perfect new RCT game, but it's a lot better than actual RCT is now, and as for Zoo Tycoon, it's obvious Microsoft doesn't know what the fuck they're doing with that ridiculous excuse for an attempt on a fucking console.

user those games were already pretty shallow, just re-releasing them with the old content is boring. Expand and develop the genre of a tycoon game. Dont just rip the old content, take stuff out and remove multiplayer in some instances. There is basically no reason to play any of these new tycoon games because they are inferior to the originals thanks to awful art design, no innovation despite the fact its 20 years on and they cant even add fucking coop.

The animal models look really fucking good, it's actually kinda offputting next to the cartoony guests and staff.

I've already played Zoo Tycoon to death, this will entertain me for at least 2 hours and that's good enough for me.

I like JW:E

I thought they shut that site down?

Whatever you say IGN.

>Microsoft doesn't know what the fuck they're doing with that ridiculous excuse for an attempt on a fucking console.
Frontier made that too

I really hope this ends up being like a "real" modern zoo tycoon game. The xbox zoo tycoon was really disappointing.

What the fuck, why was it so shit then? Microsoft direction? Obviously this is just gonna be Planet Coaster turned into a Zoo sim so it can't be that bad, at least.

>Microsoft direction?
probably

they're going to leave this one unfinished with fuck all content too. not falling for that again.

will that fox chick be in it?

If they are just gonna repeat history from RCT3 in one or more games, I'd like to see more water park stuff. Soaked! was a great expansion.

Guys, you do know what games studio is across the street from frontier, right?

And how much staff dip their toes into each?

Do you think the shit will spread?

I love dinosaurs but JWE is just boring.

No customisation, animals feel lifeless

The problem is that animals need a decent A.I. and from what I've seen in Evolution, they have jack shit in that experience.

I never even considered that.

no, which game studio?

Is it actually going to have depth or will it just be another shallow "looks pretty" park builder.

Attached: Frogthrow.webm (720x720, 721K)

I cannot forgive them for literally putting more DLCs in the game instead on working on the fucking optimization. Fucking priorities man

Attached: can you feel the anger.png (628x701, 552K)

Game is a fucking CPU hog based on how many guests you have. That's why you get so many "works on my machine!" faggots for it, they only played it for an hour and made that claim with their tiny ass park.
Going from an i4 4570 to an i7 4790k really helped, but there's still going to be a point where your park gets so many guests and starts to chug.

Because they are. Carnivores are mindless killing machines and the environment settings are fucked. Instead of it being based on their exhibit it's centered around the dino causing massive hissy fits. They don't sleep either.

going to be a reskinned jurassic park evolution