Now that the dust has settled, does any other game in the series compare?

Now that the dust has settled, does any other game in the series compare?

Attached: MGS2.jpg (220x311, 30K)

Metal Gear Solid

Yes.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 56K)

Portable Ops

it's better than 1, 4 and 5 and all the psp ones, but since so many contrarians just claim it to be the best, the majority will never acknowledge how good it really was.

Yes. 3 is better.

Attached: MetalGearTier.png (1110x845, 967K)

MGO2 should be guilty pleasure

>MGS5 above MGS1
lmfao

>MGSurV on anything but the lowest tier

Put MGS2 in Top Tier, MGSV in Mid Tier, and SurVive in Low Tier, and the list is perfect.

>MGS5 being good

Attached: 1555956462774.png (800x600, 341K)

>rising on the same level of survive

Attached: 1556050027830.png (303x242, 139K)

I think they are all fantastic but MGS2 has always been my favorite at least. There's just so much in it, and it hits hard, genuinely great content, and a great message about legacy and identity.

>Now that the dust has settled, does any other game in the series compare?

MGS3.
Better gameplay, story, bosses, etc....

it is a better game overall

did a nine year old make this list

I grew up on this game and the 12 yo me fell literally in love with Snake there.
No other game will ever compare.

>the mgs that is the most gameplay focused and is based around the lauded MGSV mechanics
>bad
back to your cuckshed along with your eceleb opinions

MGS3 has the same fucking gameplay. A camo index does not make that big of a difference. Story is definitely not better, bosses are the same don't even try to convince me the pain is a good boss. Volgin and the end are awesome though.

>Story is definitely not better,

You say that while ignoring that 2's established story gets thrown out for some nonsense bullshit in the last hour.

Nothing gets "thrown out" and nothing is nonsensical about it. This entire post is just wrong.

>and nothing is nonsensical about it

the random ass reveal of the AI and all the verbal diarrhea they spew at you

MGS3 is trying to stretch old tech a little bit too much and feels very janky a lot of the time, whereas MGS2 feels just super sharp and slick. CQC is great, degrading silencers are great, most of the bosses are awesome, but all in all it added mostly completely unnecessary shit, trying to turn it into some kind of simulator which the game suffers for. MGS2 on the other hand mostly just perfected it's predecessor.

It makes perfect sense honestly