Yeet

DQIX is the best DQ game and the greatest portable RPG of all time. Prove me wrong, protip: you can't.

Attached: dqix.jpg (474x425, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YP1bMWKnTSc
youtube.com/watch?v=myjd1MnZx5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYR2O31qCM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I liked it

shit franchise

me too

better than f*nal f*ntasy

It's not even the best DQ game on the system much less the best RPG on it.

The best Dragon Quest game is Dragon Quest Builders, retard.

not an argument.

Just because its better than other shit doesn't mean its still not shit itself.

best story=best dragon quest=best rpg

It's the only Dragon Quest game I've played, but I like it.

how old are you?

I spent way too many hours on the grottos. Great game.

It's good, but it's not the best DQ by far.

i really dont know how you came to this conclusion. i had previously only played and beaten 4 and 5 before trying this one.
after getting fed up with dq9s bullshit about 30 hours in and decided to play 1-3 instead. much better experience overall, especially 3. 5 is still my favorite though.

Oh shit i remember this shit, me and my mum used to play this a lot back in i think 2010? Good times

Playing 11 now. Geez the crafting system is so damn annoying.
>miss the 'perfection' spot by 2mm
>I guess I'll just reload
>lol wait 5 minutes before you can craft again

Bullshit? What the fuck could be more bullshit in 9 than in 1-3, especially 2.

I've been emulating it and I find it tedious at times. Top-tier job system though.
I just started 5 as well, it's really as great as they say. There's so much charm in the world and it's well designed in a lot of ways. I don't like having to toy with the camera at certain parts.
>wait 5 minutes before you can craft again
What is this lie?

>lol wait 5 minutes before you can craft again
this never happened

If you exit the game after crafting and load back in it says 'your sword arm is heave, wait 5 minutes'.

Wholesome

How are you that bad at crafting? Just use some pearls bro. You can buy them after like 15 hours. Nothing you make before then gets much of a boost from being perfectly crafted.

That's what you get for trying to cheat.
Seriously, just use some damn pearls on the item, if its already +1 or +2, its a lot easier to make it +3. There's no reason to reload your save over it.

Switch remake when

It's pretty decent by Dragon Quest standards, but that isn't saying much.

Not soon enough.

I still remember playing online day one and how fun it was.

Loved this game, was comfy as hell. Too bad it didn't have any actual party members, only the ones you made yourself.

That's the best way desu, it's a shame that hardly any games let you have a party full of nameless choose-your-party OCs like the old days.

that's what made it the best

IX was so fucking aimless.

Yes yes well done Dragon Quest, well done Dragon Quest HOWEVER

Attached: Protector1.png (367x503, 106K)

literally who?

I personally prefer games where the followers have some story to them, makes it feel a bit more like an adventure.

most DQ companions always bored me though

I was pretty disappointed when you got the inn girls to join your party and they were just as mute as the rest.

hold my drink, bitch

Attached: BJ3E.jpg (768x680, 251K)

ghey weeb shit

Should have given them dialogue based on their classes.

Isn't EO grind worse? I hate grinding.

>Not listening to an audiobook while grinding away

>grinding in EO

Attached: 1543712378673.jpg (1235x800, 307K)

Wrong.

It's not a bad DQ by any means, but DQV remains better. The only reason this one could be good is that it's very gameplay focused and you can actually solo the fucker.

Wrong
DQX is better

Attached: D4mmuhNX4AAO0zK.jpg (1200x675, 193K)

NEVER
EVER

DQ9's story is trash though. 95% of the game is just a series of side stories while you're trying to get back to where you fell from and then the last 5% of the game has the Gittish Empire appear out of nowhere to become the main antagonists and then the final boss is someone who's only briefly mentioned at the beginning of the game and never again.

It's like they made 95% of the game before realizing there was no antagonist.

Nooooooooo

Attached: NEVER EVER II.jpg (1581x2281, 1.99M)

>COPE
HES IN

SE said they were interested in a mobile port of of 9. Do you all think it would actually be decent? Do you think it would have online multiplayer?

Outdated.

Attached: Dragon Quest NEVER EVER.jpg (1581x2797, 2.13M)

*blocks your path*

Attached: Stella.png (222x297, 83K)

>a girl worse than Maribel
How does she do it

>DQ9's main story is trash though
FTFY. Its side stories are among the if not the best out of all DQs.

I think it would cost $30 and have online riddled with microtransaction

Examples?

The town with the doll, the town with the professor. The leviathan. Those are on top of my head.

Ah you mean those. I like the stories in 7 better then, but those are still pretty good.

>95% of the game is just a series of side stories
That's all Dragon Quest games except for DQ5.

7 is also up there. Especially since you can interact with your party members.

Fuck. I thought my practice of listening to shit in the background while grinding and collecting things on games was rare, but I guess not. It's relaxing as shit.

Doesn't everyone do that? I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic.

I might like 7's stories more since I played it more recently, but it's stories are fantastic. It's almost always a bitter sweet ending.

theres no ip ban anymore in America, im having a blast despite not knowing much japanese

Shit I don't know. About 4 years ago I started putting youtube videos in the background and doing that. I remember looking for some fix for something and people telling me that if I'm not listening to the game audio I might as well off myself.

*marries this fairy*
wtf I love Stella
what the flap is your problem you pilchard pie eating bitch

Used to play this in long car rides all the time, along with Pokemon Diamond.
youtu.be/YP1bMWKnTSc

somebody tell me what the fuck is that creature on the right
the one with the pink dress

post yfw this played
youtube.com/watch?v=myjd1MnZx5Y

Attached: kh9ci71syeyvqo3_400.png (270x270, 79K)

a perfectly normal male ogre

You listen to video game review on car rides?

>normal male
bullfuckingshit

Not that user, but I listen to long form vidya reviews on long drives. It's pretty calming and provides a nice alternative to music.

pic related

Attached: 1554370443832.jpg (600x800, 67K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYR2O31qCM
Best VII song.

IX badly needs a full HD remake, from the ground up.

IV was better moron.

>95% side stories
Isn't that basically Majora's Mask?

Attached: 1200px-Betty_Crocker_official_logo.svg.png (1200x584, 155K)

The only DQ I've played, and I loved it. Playing through the whole thing with my 2 best mates on our bus rides to and from school, along with the occasional sleepover, are some of the best memories I have. Never tried another in the series since people told me none have as much character customisation or not many others have the full party job system.

Dragon Quest VIII
How it is?