What the fuck, valve?

>timeless masterpiece, beloved by tens of thousands
>still in the top chart after twelve year
>big competitive and casual community
>doesn't get a content update for two years, is literally ignored by valve, or at least it seems so because of the lack of community interaction

>csgo
>same recycled shooter game as before
>goes free to play
>valve doesn't bother to add an anticheat or to just fix the game
>its ok, we will make many moneys
>still gets updated every month or so with new content

>dota 2
>cancerous community
>toxic game overall
>good alternatives already out there
>somehow still gets constant updates

I wish this fucking game got an update, at least once. It's been two fucking years since jungle inferno. People would lose their shit if you just added 3 new maps from the workshop. Does anyone else remember where 3 updates came out a year? What happened to this game?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/sale/winter2018bestof/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why make content for a game that has content that already makes you money?

>sperg fortress

Valve would rather work on their dead card game that no one asked for. The fact you didn't even include it in your post says a lot about it's irrelevancy. That's the curse of their whole "Work on what you want" bullshit. They never get ANYTHING done, reminder that L4D3 was cancelled indefinitely because the team argued over what engine to use.

Attached: 1553645443744.png (673x570, 200K)

Gay

Honestly, think about it. Mann vs Machine Tickets. Keys. Premium, et cetera. There was a huge surge of players during Smissmas 2018, which was, I mean, a bad update. A single update would give the game a breath of fresh air after inhaling nothing but pure carbon dioxide.

Reminder

Attached: 9hj2e0kj5lb11.png (899x570, 161K)

Valve got overrun by DOTAfags, they hired a bunch of losers from the DOTA community who now drive the company

Oh yeah. Artifact exists. Anybody remember artifact? I dont. Work on what you want sounds neat on paper, but then you have shit like this where projects go abandoned or the only people working on them are a janitor and a potted plant.

The dev team might've gotten burnt out on TF2. Maybe after a while, Dota might get the same treatment(although not as much as TF2) and their devs might move back to TF2 again

Wait, seriously? Is this a thing? In that case, why not just fucking hire people from the tf2 community? I implore you to explore the workshop and sort by top rated. The cosmetics, the taunts and the maps - like, seriously, imagine what the community could do with actual resources, or hell, just get a guy to pick 5 maps and 10 cosmetics at random each month and add them to the game. It takes very minimal labor and manpower to do, probably doesn't take even a week, yet people would lose their shit.

I understand needing some time off from a project, or the project getting a bit stale. But wasn't the entire dev team just on vacation or on vacation around this time? Also, two years of no updates? Just incredibly minor bugfixes even I could do, with no knowledge of the source engine in twice the time? Not even a blog post? It just feels like a jab to the ribs at this point.

Nah, its just a bunch of the old tf2 team a while back switched to Dota, or so i've heard

That's depressing. I guess it stops stagnation, but I don't think they returned, or will return in the forseeable future. I find it fucking perplexing how a 4 billion dollar company can't hire more people.

The last devs we have now worked for tf2 for 12+ years so i can kinda get it. Also 15 people to make a major update that the community is starved for is pretty hard.

I understand too, to an extent. 12 years would just feel like a grind, but the issue is that there's nobody to fill the vacuum, so we're left with an undersized team to push out a good update which, well, unless they're all fucking 300 IQ worker drones, wont work out well. Thats an issue with valve itself, but here's a solution - use the fucking community. Just add a few maps and cosmetics from the workshop and everybody loves you, or at least interact with the community somehow - blogs, streams, whatever, just don't make it feel so goddamn hopeless.

Sperged in your mums fortress
Lmao gottem

>I don't think they returned, or will return in the forseeable future
I think they will come back one day, its just that dota has its own charm feel(just like TF2) and they will eventually get tired of it aswell and either move back to TF2 or any other hidden projects they're doing

Probably just VR projects, honestly. Gotta make the most shekels possible, I guess. My only question or well, concern is - what until the come back (assuming they do?) What do we do until then? You can't hold a community on a what if, and honestly, I vowed to leave if we don't get an update by Christmas. Who's to say more people wont leave?

I feel like they dont just want to use the community because they want to show us they've still got it,like they want to prove something to us that they can still make good shit themselves. As with socials, they've always been introverted so i'm not THAT worried but still a bit worried at the same time

But they used the community before. Surely it would speed up any kind of update. Even a small update, "The Community Update" would be enough to satisfy people while you work on your own shit. Also, yeah, but two years of total radio silence except updated localization files is just.... worrying.

Reminder that they confirmed that no one is even working on the long overdue final comic

Hope on the community to make events probably. Valve has relied on the community countless of times in between every update.
Yeah sure they've used the community before but they just want to thank them for covering for the team in between updates. Imagine the tf2 dev team as an old man trying to pay of his debt from a loan shark, They're trying but the community outshines them

Oh fuck. Jesus. I almost forgot. Remember when we got a comic a year? I dont think the seventh issue will ever come, frankly.

I guess I can respect that, but the issue is, the community can't really do much. What was the last community event, anyway? Memes vs Machines, I think (??????????) and while I agree with you, if you're that slow and incompetent, might as well just use a few community maps. Sure, you'll be running on borrowed time, but at least its time, and at least its an update.

Yeah, with the state tf2 is at,That might happen. And If it DOES happen what would the majority of players think of it? Joy because of an update? Sad because valve is now """fully""" relying on community stuff? Or Mad Reddit-tier shitposting?

As much as I hate to say it, probably reddit-tier shitposting. Somewhere between joy and sadness. If its clearly stated that this is meant to bridge the gap between jungle inferno and a FULL new update, I'd feel both happy and sad. If this was meant to be that update, I'd be kinda depressed.

Mate, games 12 years old. Name me a company that supports a game for that long, for free.

Dwarf Fortress.

I said a company, not a single autist.

>For free
Shut down the store and marketplace then.

Nethack. Nethack had a fairly big team, or well, has. Last update, last year, and it outdates tf2 my dear.

>beloved by millions*
I remember when this game had an update every 2 months

>timeless masterpiece, beloved by tens of thousands
lol
lool
lol
Are hatfags always this delusional?

Those were some good times.

bad bait but ok
>overwhelmingly positive reviews
>people with incredibly fond memories of it
>adored by critics
steam charts
>still manages to rake in at least 40k people a day, being around the 7th most played game
>highlander and prolander matches played for actual money, several large lobbies, sites and organizations for competitive
>plenty of people play casual, find matches in less then 15 seconds

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 33K)

all these points are even more true for csgo and dota and yet OP shits on them

I'm OP. You don't understand. Both Dota and CS:GO are good games in their own right, it was for the sake of furthering my point. Just like TF2, they have their own issues, but the problem is, they get showered with attention while tf2 doesn't.

>bad bait but ok
>anyone who doesn't suck Gaben's dick is baiting
drones
nostalgiafags
>adored by critics
About a decade ago lol
>still manages to rake in at least 40k people a day, being around the 7th most played game
40k bronies and marketfags are not players
>highlander and prolander matches played for actual money, several large lobbies, sites and organizations for competitive
lol where?
>plenty of people play casual, find matches in less then 15 seconds
lol

>It's been two fucking years since jungle inferno
what the fuck, really?

>still baiting for reactions
>not drones as its not a mainstream game
>got into the game recently
>still loved by most, whether individual reviewers or actual "video game journalists"
>no idea what that means, but only a fraction of the players are actually traders
>plenty of leagues, the copenhagen games, rgl.gg, tf2center, valves own competitive mode
>you're a fucking lobotomite

Attached: download.png (224x225, 7K)

I remember when hatfags claimed that this update proved beyond the shadow of the doubt that TF2 is not dead
lol

fuck man, its been two damn years. two years since any new content arrived, and two years since any comics have been published. check for yourself.

>i play it therefore it is not dead!
>i enjoy it therefore it is not bad!
lol now post some gmod image to prove how not mad you are lol

in that case I agree, also wish they would balance the weapons better

it was a shit update anway. the way the contracts and servers for them worked was boring. no one wanted to play and get them naturally, just sit around for 30 minutes and farm

>still calling people hatfags
>probably pissed he got vacbanned with lmaobox
>actual fucking brainlet
>literally top rated on steam
>its dying, but its kept alive by the community and this post was about hoping for an update

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Explain why random crits aren't bad without using the word "casual"

Same. They're ok, but a lot of them just need reworks (ie Phlog)
The content was alright, but the contracts - why did I even buy a fucking contract pass. Its just skins. Not even good skins unless you're very lucky.

It's almost they have people working that that care about Dota 2 (namely Eul, Icefrog and most importantly Gabe) while nobody really gives a shit about TF2 anymore.

I'll give you an even bigger challenge, explain why random crits are good without mixing in your own personal emotions

>it is kept alive by bronies and autists therefore it is not dead!
lol? get a grip hatfag

>probably pissed he got vacbanned with lmaobox
lol is this considered a good comeback in hatland?

What makes you even think they are working on that?
There's been 0 updates for 5 month.

Why do you even want content updates? The game has more than enough content.

Attached: tf2 i am engineer.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

>your posts are so fucking far gone i think you might be mentally diseased
>bad bait, fuck off, find another thread

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 40K)

I'd just like to see something new, and something to make people interested in this game again.

Just play the game.

All I can do, I guess.

>let me post another bait image! that will teach that meanie!
lol go farm some scrap metal, mongo

>trade unusuals
fuck off you negro lobotomite

Attached: 803.png (625x626, 149K)

>racist
>delusional
>no arguments but argumentative
sounds like a hatdrone lol

I saw OP's post and got excited because I thought it was complaining about an update that had just dropped like "How come we had to wait THIS LONG for substantive content between now and Jungle Inferno?"

But it was just an acknowledgement of how much of a content drought valve has turned the game into. Damn.

Attached: 1352155430955.jpg (526x522, 38K)

It’s still gonna outlive Overwatch.

>no arguments yet still jumps into a thread about a game he doesn't like and baits people
>calls people mongos
>calls people hatfags
go back to Yea Forums downie

For sure. Overwatch wasn't even a completed game on launch.

Attached: We're_Gonna_Live_Forever.png (300x300, 83K)

>random crits and spread are what make tf2 unique
rly makes u fink

>call a game shit because it is shit
>"WHY YOU BAITIN??"
How about you not going into every other thread about an fps game and shitposting it because it doesn't resemble your gay mercenary hat simulator? lol

lol

>still not a single argument about the game being bad
>constant insults
>basic hook, line and sinker

At the very least, I’d rather have no updates of TF2 than Overwatch style updates where they release comics about how a character is gay or add 5 more ugly skins you need to gamble for to use.

>hehe go ahead present your thesis to me so I can call you a Blizzdrone and dismiss your criticism with some funnay gmod meme
Nice try, hatcunt lol

>tens of thousands
>40k is tens of thousands

poor fucking wording on my part
now thats a proper good argument that is, i resign my case

IT'S NOT FAIR

>finishing Potato TF's three latest community MvM tours

Anyone else do this? Some of the most fun I've had in TF2 since I started in 2009.

Attached: ok cat.jpg (480x516, 24K)

I was busy at the time so no, but it sounds like a good time.

>toxic game
>good alternatives available
>also seethes at csgo
HAHAHAHAHAHA enjoy the dead game, nigger

Attached: 1546412312466.png (207x201, 97K)

You should also resign your life. hatfag

I think they've kept Canteen Crasher in some kind of permanent mode for now if you ever get the time.

The only "problem" is that most of the missions are much harder than any of the ones Valve made and can be neigh impossible with randoms.

They're good because they bring tryhard retards back down to earth when they get gibbed by a crocket

good one
cant understand a word you're saying

Oh, cool, that sounds great. Might play some time.

The problem is that the casual and competitive game modes are so vastly different and Valve doesn't know what they want to do with it.
When you play CSGO or Dota 2, the game you play for fun is the same game professionals play at those big tournaments. But TF2's casual mode is 12v12 and competitive is 6v6 meaning that balancing the game could really fuck over either the competitive or casual game modes if they're not careful. Valve doesn't really want to deal with that so TF2 is left on the side of the road in terms of updates. Its why the competitive scene was built from the ground up without the help of Valve.

Attached: 1554310149496.jpg (960x720, 55K)

>Post about TF2 in my group chat
>"TF2 has the same shitty over the top aesthetic that FORTNITE does, which is popular for some reason. It's a really shitty aesthetic personally. I hate cheesy fuckin childish shit."
MTG players btw

I love Valve, and not matter what most of their games will remain timeless. But holy fuck their lazy, and part of me really hopes they are humbled over the years by other stores so they get off their fat fucking asses and actually do something again.

The only multiplayer game I've ever cared about beyond the first 100 hours. Now I'm at about 3k and still launch it weekly.

>rockwell artstyle is childish shit
just mspaint "this shit you just said" on the kid and post it back at him

Attached: .png (500x536, 534K)

Ignoring CSGO and Dota 2 would be a retarded move. They are still popular and are actually good alternatives to other similar games despite what you're saying.

I agree that Valve should come back to TF2 though. I've only got 200 hours on record but I liked it very much and regretted being late to the party. Hell, the hats I had sold on the marketplace paid for half of my Steam library.

>good one
Unlike tf2 lolmao

Also humbled by how Artifact can barely stay above 100 in terms of player count. I'm so glad that game crashed.

I agree - ignoring their other projects would just be a subpar move, but that's a double edged sword.

kick that guy out and never speak to him again

Dota 2 is more timeless classic than TF2

Hats are good, but I wish they toned down the banana head furry nonsense that's been steadily growing since 2014. Weapon skins were also a total mistake in TF2, we already had botkillers and australiums, warpaints are just a mess.

Unfortunately the group chat agreed with him.

delete the group chat and never speak to them again

post tf2tubers

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 200K)

god I hate this faggot so fucking much

He's ultimately harmless, just messes up the market prices occasionally.

Harmless and yet he is the most inane of them all

Buds are making a recovery, guys. The're almost 3 keys now.

Attached: 1d7bsn.jpg (606x456, 51K)

Attached: 497f25afaa006a933db10c767de9d65e9d752302_full.jpg (184x184, 14K)

Fuck the wrangler
and fuck the short circuit (on payload)

From the not overwhelmingly mainstream ones I like toofty despite him being a bit of a faggot, and woolen whenever I need to be told that everything will be alright.

Csgo does have anti cheat. Its shit but it is still vac secured.

>tryhard retard gibs you 4x as often due to his damage output granting more crits
>rich get richer

lazy is a cool guy but fuck me is his server been really cancerous for the last couple of years.

Honestly I think TF2 has had it with updates. If they do release another one then I want it to be an unfuck for a majority of weapons. It's really pathetic how they try to 'balance' this game when all they really do is make side grades so useless to the point only a select few are worth a shit or just go full stock.

this game is a breeding ground for disappointments of society like furfaggots and pedophiles

>American server
>casual bantz via mic everywhere

>European server
>dead silent
>when sone player speaks up, some russian yells SHUT UP in a laughably faked macho voice

I would play on Virginia servers all day, but ping is just too much to bear.

>on Yea Forums
>complaining about a cancerous community

Attached: Laughing Heavy.jpg (1130x721, 171K)

Could it be because European servers gather people from 10+ languages and cultures?

what's your point?
The thing he is saying is that Americans like to talk a lot while Europeans don't talk
he never asked why this happens he just wishes that he could play with Americans

Hey Yea Forums
boo!
!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: boo.jpg (480x360, 13K)

The point is there's a reason Europeans are more reserved dumbass. Half of them don't understand each other and the other half aren't confident in speaking their second language in verbal form.

At least you can sometimes have an actual discussion with someone on Yea Forums

Yet another meme edit?

They make high gameplay points higher and low gameplay points lower in a gamemode that already has a noticeable random element.

Legitimately makes amazing videos, I'm shocked the popularity hasn't put the quality through the fucking Mariana trench.

valve are quite happy to sit on their ingame shops, why be creative when steamwhales spend shit tons of money in the stores every day?

cs:go is fucking garbage t.cs 1.6 boomer

That's funny Barneyfag, normally you get first post to call the game bad in your autistic rage. Guess you were a little late this time.

Shut up you disgusting pathetic niggers

They do, infact you should really check to see if the "hacker" you played with was VAC banned or not because 9 out of 10 times it was not a hacker. You're just bad.

This. It already prints money with hats, that's all Gaben gives a shit about. Better divert attention chasing the card game fad lads.

Attached: 1556084379284s.jpg (125x100, 2K)

>toxic game

Attached: 1468101132537.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>TF2
Reddit get out

Attached: 250px-Conspiracy_Cap.png (250x366, 91K)

>TF2
>reddit
JFC these newfags

Attached: 1504708078716.gif (380x285, 1.97M)

>has reddit cosmetics
>not a reddit game
Go back, faggot

Then I guess it's also a confederate game, it's time to kill yourself nigger

Attached: 250px-Rebel_Rouser.png (250x305, 82K)

Its a confederate reddit game, you fucking faggot. Stop avoiding the point and kill yourself.

>It's two opposite things

This is why black "people" shouldn't be allowed to post

This is wrong. Dota gets fewer updates than ever. It has had 2 patches this year and one new boring as fuck hero.

>two opposite things
Hahahahahahaha go back faggot

Attached: 1*7Gjt0vJDFM7pN03Vnp3rAA.png (1600x927, 1.11M)

Attached: YIKES.png (120x120, 20K)

>It has had 2 patches this year and one new boring as fuck hero.
wow a patch every 2 months? how sad.
you know tf2 gets one patch every 2 years right?

>tf2 fag
>calling dota toxic and cancerous

You're the one posting shit from reddit, monkey.

>encourages friendlyfaggotry
>is a hypocrite who says to be welcoming to new players in one video while mocking and shitting on them in another
>entire meat of his channel is basically hat horoscopes, two retard markets mashed together
>twitch memes
>terribad opinions on balance
Nah fuck off.

You're the one defending a reddit game, cocksucker.

wait hol up I remember that rifle guy thing
and how he didn't get punished very severely
is that real? is it confirmed he was an actor?

>still replying to the shitposter
cmon user

absofuckinglutely. As someone who's played all three, TF2 has a just barely better community than csgo, and an undeniably one million times better and more laid back community than DoTA with its Russians screaming at you to kill yourself.
Also "toxic" is a stupid vague sjw word and OP is stupid for using it

Weapon options are balanced around critical factor. Removing crits makes the weapons whose balancing factor “not having crits” comparatively more powerful

Because it’s babby’s first FPS tier. It’s f2p and easy to get into all whilst giving a decent dopamine rush to burn a few hours. It sufficiently achieves this in its current state.

Lol. Where is this “competitive” community you speak of? When was the last time TF2 hosted a huge tournament streamed on twitch watch by hundreds of thousands of people?

Where’s the conventional sponsors of other serious e-sports leagues?

Where’s the hundreds of thousand dollar cash pots, pro teams, and merchandise?

Tryhards larping on paid subscription servers isn’t “competitive” nor is it big by all means.

>doesn't get a content update for two years
It’s a novelty game with a relatively small, but vocal, cult following. Why would they? As previous mentioned, TF2 in its current state is by all mean adequate for the average, casual player. It’s a convenient time killer.

It’s small economy of people who unironically buy hats and cosmetics simply isn’t enough to fund or justify Steam investing more money into the game. It’s f2p, it’s majority casual community is satisfied. That’s all steam cares about.

It’s a free casual novelty game, courtesy of Steam. I know the outspoken minority of “serious” TF2 players want it to be more than that, but oh well..

You can mute the screaming russian with a high chance of him still trying to win. You have a much harder time of convincing a friendly fag to actually start playing.

Overwatch is the reddit game

Attached: +_64e30bfde935bafb1225574aeed77fb7.jpg (245x204, 51K)

>cs:go

Has a lucrative, skilled competitive scene sponsored by the biggest PC hardware names in the industry.

Full fledged professional teams and leagues

Multi-million dollar skin trading economy

Is streamed on twitch by some of gaming’s biggest streaming personalities.

And is deemed an all around better, more entertaining gaming worthy of investment by popular consensus. CS:GO’s player base on average also dwarves that of TF2 by a huge margin, even during peak hours.

So I don’t know man. You basically just want people to start liking a video game to an extent in which the average gamer, both of the casual and competitive spectrums, simply doesn’t care to do so

No.

Made me check how much keys are going for.

>46.66 refined per key
>20 refined for a mann co ticket

Jesus Christ.

>csgo

Attached: 1541293705516.png (446x435, 79K)

>Where is this “competitive” community you speak of? When was the last time TF2 hosted a huge tournament streamed on twitch watch by hundreds of thousands of people?
Valve never this did for TF2, as it’s heyday was pre-Esports extravaganza. But like most well-designed games, a competitive community formed despite this. Unlike shit like Overwatch, where the mechanics and skill ceiling are limited but Blizzard throws millions upon millions of dollars trying to push it to be a competitive streaming sport, despite numerous pros saying it’s bad for it and wouldn’t play it if not for the money involved

Attached: 0B4C2DFD-7C96-4633-BC76-A5D123A5D668.png (672x537, 482K)

Overwatch doesnt have a literal reddit cosmetic, you dumb faggot.

it's too late. all the good developers and writers ar valve are gone anyway. all that's left is steam devs and code maintainers, most of which are silicon valley sjw retards. if they made hl3 it would be total shit.

But it has the same motives

>same motives
what motives went in to adding a LITERAL REDDIT COSMETIC into TF2?

nobody cares if someone is a friendly in a 12v12 game where winning doesn't matter, only fun matters, and the game has a skill ceiling high enough for one player to steamroll the entire enemy team if good enough
why are you comparing a fucking MOBA with items and stats and levels to TF2?

Yes and like Melee the fact that it was never meant to be a particularly well balanced comp focused game makes it a huge determent of ever being taken seriously.

I like the idea of a TF Comp game but when only 4 of the 9 classes are ever used and 1 of the 5 game modes are ever played then it's pretty fucked.

I agree. FWIW my favorite semi-serious way to play TF2 was Highlander (9v9, one of each class on a team) which just feels perfect for the game.

censorship, liberalism, forced gay shit

According to Yea Forums a game is only 'competitive' if the company artificially shills and forces a scene by pumping money into it.

>tf2
>easy to get into
yeah, no. the average babby whose only fps experience is overwatch will go 0 kills 50 deaths every game

TF2 also isn't "small", it made more revenue in 2018 with no updates than games like NIER, RUST, The Division, For Honor, Stardew Valley etc. It made comparable money to games like FighterZ, Fallout 4 and FFXV.
But in reality, it made Valve more money because the site talks about revenue not profit, and TF2 is owned by valve so they get 100% of the profit
store.steampowered.com/sale/winter2018bestof/

TF2 is 100% big enough to warrant a full size team working on it, Valve is just retarded

The same motives that sent you to shit up a thread about video games by ranting about reddit like an incel rants about women.

Lol famalam fucking saved.

The hat drones literally never deviate from their sequence of argument which is excessive posting of bait pics and referencing their 40k brony/furry/weeaboo/tranny fringe player base as proof the gayme isn’t dead.

You’ve summed up all the necessary responses nicely

Nice, so TF2 is the game of censorship, liberalism and forced gay shit. Thank you for proving my point.

If you want to discuss a reddit game, go to reddit.

>TF2 is 100% big enough to warrant a full size team working on it, Valve is just retarded
This. It seems all the people who want to actually make games at Valve have left at this point

If you want to discuss reddit go to reddit.

Same to you, TF2 is objectively reddit.

You can make literally anything competitive if you have a community to back it up. There is fucking competitive rock, paper, scissors.

But that doesn't mean it's good or enjoyable beyond it's incredibly niche community. TF2 Comp sucks because it fundamentally tears down too much of what made TF2 good to begin with. Because of that it'll always remain very niche.

You're objectively reddit.

I dont have a reddit cosmetic, though.

>yeah, no. the average babby whose only fps experience is overwatch will go 0 kills 50 deaths every game
because it real hard to set up sticky bomb traps, wm+1 with pyro, or spam soldier crockets or demo grenades for pure indirect splash damage amirite?

because level 3 sentry aimbots are hard, amirite?

>it made more revenue in 2018 with no updates than games like
>NIER, RUST, The Division, For Honor, Stardew Valley
lol who?

>TF2 is 100% big enough to warrant a full size team working on it
cs:go and dota are far more important tho. the furries, redditors, bronies and trannies will be fine user.

The only “constant” updates Dota 2 gets is more hats and microtransactions. You’re lucky to get 1 single actual content drop a year

>L4D3 was cancelled indefinitely because the team argued over what engine to use.
Source 2 is so bad they weren't even sure they wanted to use it? Christ.

Attached: NF.jpg (640x360, 97K)

hey Yea Forums, the next season of rgl's highlander league was recently announced, do you have a team yet? you guys are not casuals are you?

Attached: 1551896861661.webm (74x42, 607K)

I got LMAOBOX ready to go :)

Stop replying to shitty bait you fucking retard(s).

You don't need a reddit cosmetic, you live and breathe reddit. You deliberately go into threads and can't shut up about it. You are objectively the most reddit being in existence by virtue of being obsessed about it. You don't care if the hat acts like a bullseye, or that you can identify and shoot reddit on sight. In fact I would say that you are lower on the totem pole in comparison to the typical redditor. Go back to facebook to get your jollies.

Friendlies aren't common in actual games servers, and even if you do have one they're 1 player out of 12.
If you have a retarded Russian on your team throwing a shitfit because he didn't get whatever role he wanted, they're 1 player out of 6, and every time they fuck up it literally directly aids the enemy team.
Also this isn't about the structure of the games anyway, it's about the communities, and TF2's is much better behaved and more laid back in chat and voice than DotA's. It's not even up for debate.

>You deliberately go into reddit threads and tell them to go back to where they came from
Theres nothing wrong with this, to think otherwise makes you a redditor.
Fuck off faggot.

valve made good games but doesnt care about them
ive always said they are pretty shit at managing games

Nice reddit spacing.

Holy fuck, calm down with that thread eating spacing and samefagging, Captain Reddit. I can practically smell you trying to find where the downvote button for this thread is.

Attached: stock engineer.png (300x458, 187K)

>because it real hard to set up sticky bomb traps, wm+1 with pyro, or spam soldier crockets or demo grenades for pure indirect splash damage amirite?
yes, it is, because players like me will delete them instantly while they struggle to move and don't know any of the game's mechanics

something tells me youre one of those people

This.
Next update should be about secondary gamemodes, Y/N?

>most popular game that makes them the most money, and also has more competition as you yourself posted gets the most work to remain relevant

Nice reddit spacing.

the reddit hat is irrelevant, either way. according to backpack.tf only 9000 of the things exist. that's 9000 out of 50+ million people that have played tf2 at some point

Attached: Untitled.png (974x625, 64K)

>valve decided to put a reddit hat into the game
>b-b-b-but it doesnt matter nobody has it
Go back, faggot.

>yes, it is, because players like me will delete them instantly while they struggle to move and don't know any of the game's mechanics

but user, the game mechanics consists of who can get a random crit first, or which team doesn’t have a medic competent enough to pop Uber on their w+m1 pyro to wipe the other team effortlessly.

i’ve 1000+ hours in the game user. I know how easy it is

next update should be about fixing the shitty matchmaking

I can tell you don't actually play CSGO. VAC has got a shitload better over the last few years. There was a period where people would spinbot in DMG and get away with it for months. Blatant cheaters are pretty rare nowadays.

>complaining about random crits
To the other point, if you’re good enough it’s possible to counteract any of those strategies you listed. Besides, I’d say having a good engie is more important; they’re hard to come by these days, and I’m always forced to switch to it to prevent our team from getting rolled

>casuals and compfags are so against each other whilst jumpfags just sit there free of their bullshit
Keep the fireworks going, having a blast over here

>To the other point, if you’re good enough it’s possible to counteract any of those strategies
>countering m2+w+m1 to win

sounds a lot like the cope overwatch fanboys use to justify ultimates, user

>more than 2 years since the second to last comic issue was released
>almost 6 years since the storyline comic started
>almost 3 years since a shit update to TF2, Meat Your Match, which killed community servers just to rip off from Overwatch, was added to the game
>almost 4 years since a shit update to TF2, the one that added weapon skins, was added to the game
>almost 5 years since the haunted halloween doomsday map
>almost 6 years since haunted hightower
>almost 7 years since merasmus boss fight
>almost 8 years since Mann Vs Machine

>They are constantly updating Dota 2 because it's their biggest cash cow
>CS:GO comes second
>They're focusing too much on VR hoping that they'll get a strong monopoly when equipment gets cheap enough that it's not a richfag hobby even when it requires a wide room for motion VR

Attached: 1545104312112.jpg (1080x1080, 237K)

Do you even know what you’re saying anymore? With your specific point, a competent engie with a sentry in a good spot with one other player backing him up can prevent an Uber pyro from taking anything down. I’m not sure why you’re complaining about random crits and even the über mechanic somehow (which requires much more skill, coordination, and experience to effectively execute than an Overwatch Ult)

I dislike how a lot of harmless wacky sidegrades got the nerf hammer despite being nowhere near as useful as stock. Why did loose cannon or beggar's bazooka need nerfs? Or bonk, dragon's fury, ambassador, shortstop, bison, caber...
I guess you're not allowed to be even situationally better than stock in the most fringe cases, you're required to be all around worse 100% of the time.

Thanks for bumping the thread.

The caber baffles me the most. You have to die or go all the way back to resupply just to use it again.

Kill yourself Blizzcuck. All of those games, ESPECIALLY TF2, are perfect.

Attached: 5439754375375.png (526x550, 282K)

Blame compniggers and soldier mains

Well at least you got patches. Not us.

>dota 2
>good alternatives
I fucking wish this was true, honestly dota2 it's really good in terms of mechanics, gimmicks and that kind of shit but the rest of mobas are braindead trash

> loose cannon
No idea, it required a lot more skill.
> beggar's bazooka
same as above.
> bonk
Get out of jail free card if you can find a corner to drink it around.
> dragon's fury
was mechanically broken, hit enemies it shouldn't have
> ambassador
buttmad casual retards
> shortstop
see above
> bison
not intentionally nerfe, just relied on flame physics
> caber
valve are retards

>everyone blames the "just work on what you want, bro" atmosphere at Valve for there not being any real games in the last decade
This has always confused me; why join Valve if you DON'T want to work on one of their flagship IPs? Making TF2 hats should be scrub duty no one wants and the HL3 dev team should be full to bursting with motivated dreamers looking to make their mark. Why is it backwards?

I finally used the Shortstop shove to push someone off a cliff.

Because one of the requirements for succeeding the job interview is being a newfag dotard or csgo-skin loving faggot.

>good alternatives already out there
i don't like dota anymore but this isn't true desu the alternatives are ASS and yes i tried

demo is supposed to be very weak at melee range without a shield
caber was a 1HKO on anything up to medics and MAYBE pyro/demo (can't remember the damage numbers)
was also sort-of a problem with demos divebombing medics with the sticky jumper which you could nothing about because of how fast you could move with it

I do not have any experience on the field or anything but my guess is that the majority of the people working in gaming industry aren't actually even interested in playing games and it is more focused on marketing and trying to bait players into feedback loops with progression systems. It just seems like every big release is full of them and fucking lootboxes.

Valve seems to be plagued with Silicon Valley retards who think "making their mark" involves creating some cutting edge tech or working on their "dream projects". And as far as TF2 hats go, they regulate that grunt work to the community along with 99% of their maps. Valve just gives the greenlight.

> demo is supposed to be very weak at melee range without a shield
Got a source on that bucko? Because demo's melee damage versus swing speed on stock puts him almost on par with heavy, unshielded.

>demo's melee damage versus swing speed on stock puts him almost on par with heavy, unshielded
what does that even mean?

I look at this post and wonder why anyone would take the time to discuss tf2 in this thread.

Attached: retar.jpg (920x257, 182K)

Dude what? melee is the same for everyone except scout and spy.
Demo was designed to be a close-mid range class, but drastically weaker at point blank due to heavy self-damage and (later) sticky arm time. It's why scout is the strongest match-up against him.

Based. I used it a while ago to save a sentry nest from an Ubered Demo and I still feel really good about that.

Demo's stock melee properties are virtually the same as Heavy's. He's a glass cannon version of Heavy at melee range, just like he's a glass cannon version of Soldier at medium range. The caber was a perfect fit for this idea, but NOOOOO, it's overpowered.

oh yes because heavys always switch to melee when in close combat why did I not think of that!

>Demo's stock melee properties are virtually the same as Heavy and soldier
which universally LITERALLY never use their stock melee in any situation because they suck ass
-stock melee (65 dmg every 0.8s) suck ass for everything imaginable, including damage, hence why every single melee anyone uses in comp is either utility oriented or they use stock because the other ones have downsides
-heavy can tank 5 melee hits
-soldier can tank 4 and has a shotgun
-demo can tank 3 and deals heavy self-damage with all of his other primaries and secondaries that are not shield-oriented

This 100%. Cosmetics themselves are not the problem, but rather the barrier of entry that the devs established to determine which cosmetics got into the game.

They make the game a lot more interesting (and potentially a bit more balanced overall).
Reminder that more skill-based isn't necessarily more fun.

considering the barrier is "whatever is on the top of the workshop 12 hours before the update ships because we need to add more hats but hate modeling them ourselves" i tend to agree

Damn I didn't even consider using it to push ubers. Half the time I forget it exists. Gotta try that next time.

All of the dumb ones you can't imagine anyone wearing in the late '60s should be Halloween cosmetics.
Change my mind.

Yeah. The issue is that you can't even use it while reloading, and usually you'd just shoot instead of thinking to use it at all.
It'd really be better on a melee weapon.

That one is the most understandable. Being able to just come from nowhere and drop a medic is just dumb.

Game journalists hate playing games, game devs hate making games
it's a clown world

Attached: game journalists.png (720x725, 115K)

I have 625 hours on this game and I still suck, please help.

What exactly do you suck at?

Everything except Medic. I can't rocket jump, I can't hit anyone as a Sniper or Scout unless they stand still, the only reason I get kills as a demoman is because I randomly shoot over objects and hope they hit someone. And Engineer and Spy are too complicated and stressful for me to manage.

but user tf2 is a casual, easy to enter game what do you mean you suck after 625 hours???

>referencing their 40k brony/furry/weeaboo/tranny fringe player base
In my 9 years of playing the game: I have encountered 1 horsefucker who was kicked out of the match, 2 furfags, 5 weebs and not a single tranny.
I know you like to parrot what other anons say to fit in, but it doesn't work friendo.

You’re right. Ill never forgive them for fucking up both the Sandman and the Cleaver at once, and then doing nothing to make them individually useful

>In my 9 years of playing the game: I have encountered 1 horsefucker who was kicked out of the match, 2 furfags, 5 weebs and not a single tranny.
oh, so you've only played one game?

total gaming moment

Attached: gottam.webm (600x338, 2.76M)

>rocket jump
You don’t need to know all of the fancy tricks you see in YouTube videos to rocket jump properly. I suggest going into an empty map and practice the basic rocket jumps until you get the hang of it.
>Sniper
Takes a lot of practice. Download tf_walkway and practice getting headshots there. The map doesn’t simulate a real game very well but it helps you get the feeling of sniping down.
>Scout
Also takes practice. Try not to move your mouse as much and instead aim with your movement. Never stop moving and try to make your movement patterns unpredictable.
>Engineer
Engineer isn’t as stressful once you get used to him. Play beginner on defense where you can set up a fortified spot to support your team. Don’t worry too much if your buildings get destroyed; it happens to everyone and you can rebuild fairly quickly. Try not to put all of your buildings in one place either.
>Spy
Don’t play Spy until you have more experience playing the game. Spy is very difficult for new players and will hinder your team. Game sense and map knowledge are everything.

Hope some of this helps.

literally every casual match has at least 6 weebs and 1 brony in it what the fuck are you talking about

Fun!

Based

Attached: 1545994881663.png (187x187, 66K)

Someone link the original

So you haven't played the game, then? I seldom see horsefuckers, weebs or furfags and I have literally never seen a single tranny.
Again, stop parroting shit other anons tell you, it's embarrassing.

Here you go

Attached: 15432374638011.webm (720x406, 2.62M)

Is anyone else getting horrible warp in Casual servers?
I've got like 30 ping to Chile, but playing there is absolutely awful. I get just put back on a place I was two seconds ago.

>Download tf_walkway and practice getting headshots there
don't do that. the bots on walkway have their hitboxes desynced from their models

shoot rocket at feet

Attached: to get air.jpg (400x424, 35K)

When did that happen? Or has it always been like that? What other maps would you suggest?

>do nothing
>millions of people continue to play

can't you understand that this is the best possible outcome for a business?

Valve is busy developing extremely important stuff for the future of gaming like Proton, but short sighted Yea Forums types don't understand how much more relevant Proton is compared to new games

>>b-b-b-but it doesnt matter
Yep, you summed it up in your own post.

its always been like that. bots on walkway don't walk, they're pushed forward but play their walk animation. their actual hitboxes stay as if they were idle
nothing else to suggest other than just playing the game

>reminder that L4D3 was cancelled indefinitely because the team argued over what engine to use.

i love how made-up ideas on Yea Forums start getting recycled by other young people on Yea Forums who don't know what the fuck they're talking about

you actually read, and believed, a made up lie stating that *valve employees* wanted to use *unreal engine*

like lol wtf why the fuck would a valve game ever use unreal fucking engine when they have their own inhouse engine

Play practice mode.

His videos are fantastic, but his sense of humor isn't exactly my cup of tea at times. Most of his site gags are pretty good, but he sometimes has weak setups.

>haven't played TF2 in years

if I bust up on a server with my halo hat, will I be seen as some kind of god?

Reminder that it's been over 5 years since we last got any new official MvM tours. I love playing MvM and it's become stale. Memes vs Machines was fun but it was only temporary

Valve already made some VR shit in Unity, so it doesn't sound that far-fetched

I like After Breakfast.

>discount lazypurple

>Valve already made some VR shit in Unity

being what? and for tech demo purposes doing something in an engine like unity might make a lot of sense, their engine might not be far enough along to do what they want or whatever

Do TF2nigs not understand literally everyone hates them? You have the worst fanbase of any major game, even worse than OW.

Yes

TF2 is unironically too hard for zoomers. They'll step in a game, get shit on by a soldier with 4k hours and never play again.

>being so dead even ESEA kills your game

The virgin Soundsmith
The LazyChad

Go dilate, OW tranny

Great come back. I look forward to you SEETHING while everyone shits on your dead game followed by you making some shitty 2010 TF2 youtube meme thread because your game is so devoid of any actual content and you're stuck in the mentality of a middle schooler who thinks random = funny (or should I say funneh for you retards?)

>dead game
Still in the top steam charts after 12 years, but you can keep coping all you want, seething tranny.

Don't fucking think that DotA players are getting all that sweet Valve attention either. The announcements for TI dates are over a month late, which is relevant given that anybody who gives a fuck about attending has to book flight tickets and apply for visas to goddamn China. Competitive team rules are still the wild west with Valve just not giving a shit what happens to pros. Our weekly Battle Cup tournament intermittently continues to break. Smurfs and bots continue to ruin countless games and basically ensuring that anybody who wants to join the game has no chance of winning a beginners's game. The report system continues to be worthless due, the behavior score system is easily overcome, every "new" feature outside the base game just hasn't fulfilled it's promises in any meaningful manner like custom games,

I'm not exactly trying to steal some sympathy because without a doubt TF2 has greatly been neglected so much more than DotA, but the point is that this company clearly has its priorities elsewhere like its stupid VR garbage or trying to salvage Artifact. The thing about Artifact is that it's a good game and the monetization is fine; the problem is that Valve couldn't be fucking bothered to fucking defend it's own fucking game and maybe say a few words to dispel some myths about it. Only last week did a podcast with Richard Garfield come out discussing the game which would have been fucking useful four fucking months ago to combat the hate for the game.

Here's to another trainwreck that will be their VR console. Two fucking decades of goddamn computer-human interface research have revealed that pretty much almost nothing can beat the current mouse and keyboard interface for most application. And yet all these dumb motherfuckers think they can be the ones who will go against all that academic study to show that VR is what people want. The VR console is going to shit the bed on it's own; Valve's legendary silence is going to be hilarious.

Dilate.

Any f2p community is bad.
P2P/B2P community also could be bad, but still it will be gated of even worse playerbase

>The announcements for TI dates are over a month late,

They're trying to pull it out of China. Valve knows that somebody might go to TI and not come back, and it's their worst nightmare

This, basically, VR is a meme gimmick fad that is already over.

Attached: 1535179588692.png (611x849, 477K)

>not even top 10
>below ark, rust, and fucking football manager
The results in, it's dead.

have sex

>"VR console"

Attached: john_frank_stephens_a_l[1].jpg (928x523, 59K)

>not even top 10
cope

Attached: tf2.png (717x490, 64K)

Source or bullshit; all we know speculatively is that the tournament organizer is being replaced and that's a hard maybe. That would be an ethical decision and position that would qualify for a Nobel Peace Prize nomination. It would also be financial suicide as China is probably Valve's most important revenue stream.

The retaliatory action taken by the Chinese government would be fucking legendary; they would find a way to impoverish the entirety of Bellevue; I mean fucking create an infestation of rats or bedbugs. Universities and business schools in the world would fucking cream their fucking pants at the idea of studying the size and dimensions of Gabe's brass balls for decades.

If Valve had the fucking stones to do this all will be forgiven. I would never fucking complain about Valve ever again if TI was pulled out of China on the basis of the government's fucking awful record of human rights crimes, democracy subversion and basic all-around-fuckery.

>Source or bullshit

one day you kids are going to have to understand this isnt how reality works

judgment calls are made every day by the trillions on this planet. not everything has a source. I know I am right.

>not steam stats
HMMMMM

>not steam stats
Are you retarded?

Source 2 is shit

How so? I wish they would release it so we could go on and make games in a fast manner. At least I would start working on one then.

Attached: 1CE2C255-8B33-4435-A115-B7B1478288B0.png (447x529, 290K)