Played katana zero and I gotta say, this is one of the best gaming experiences I got in the year...

Played katana zero and I gotta say, this is one of the best gaming experiences I got in the year. From its gameplay and artstyle to the way the narrative presents itself through the various tools the game possesses. My only regret is finishing it in one session.
Why haven't you played this yet?

Attached: 1547654951_383145_1547655051_noticia_normal.jpg (1200x675, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahp7I9S3U20
youtube.com/watch?v=PA4RVenjO40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck, thanks for reminding me. I still need to go buy it.

I have. It's a genuinely fun game with a interesting story.

I just hate that it's so short and it leaves so much open for a sequel. Indie games saying there's for sure a sequel coming worry me because half the time they never happen.

The mind fuckery of drug addiction is top tier

smells like a shill thread
>farts
Give me six good reasons why I should buy this game

level editor literally when

>Made by the Tower of Heaven guys
Oh fuck

roguelike mode when

All my hype left when i leanred the ending was a cliffhanger.

Thought free DLC that actually finishes the story was already confirmed?

Sell me on this game, it looks neat but I don't know if I wanna try it or not

Attached: 2e6440de-a083-421d-a2ed-5ce481c32b94.jpg (1280x674, 270K)

>Give me
Why don't you decide that for yourself, or is your brain too small to do researches and can only spout meme?

Bullshit that you don't get to fight Snow in the main storyline, but at least I'm looking forward to the DLC/sequel.

fuck off, do it yourself.

Been hyper about this since 2016 or so, since I saw it on AskiiSoft's website. Glad to see their end product be as good as it is.

Still, not too happy about a cliffhanger ending, but what can ya do? Act 2 when?

Attached: 1555123068895.gif (607x609, 821K)

I saw it on the Switch's menu, or rathe just the Zero, and thought we finally got F-Zero, but no, just another indie game. Not interested, and I don't like getting blueballed.

If you hate unfinished games and buy this trash, you're part of the problem.

The boss fight at the end while this plays is cool as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=ahp7I9S3U20
It's a shame the fight itself is such a rigid pattern, because I want to play it again and again, but once you get the pattern down it becomes completely trivial.

I feel like most fights/rooms I have trouble with, I can quit for a while, and when I come back, I am suddenly a God.

Hopefully soon, i can't wait to see what happen next

>Can't save cute drug addict girl
Sad

Attached: 1553470840702.jpg (1765x1200, 248K)

>The final battle is two drug addicted psychic murderers standing there thinking strategies at each other until one of them realizes that victory is impossible.
Truly a masterpiece.

Yeah, even V and Kissylips had changing patterns, and lorewise, they weren't even on Chronos.

Maybe V capturing Zero was to point out that occasionally, the reality of Nulls are overwritten. Though rare, it's more to do with taking a hit and being reactive than being the first to take action.

If so, then it makes sense given that girl was desperate and took initiative rather than react to your actions.

Attached: lo_kurva.jpg (187x126, 4K)

Yeah I got really hyped for that. At least you get to play as The Dragon

source?
>inb4 my ass

Attached: 1555879644919m.jpg (1024x599, 61K)

I was reading threads on reddit and they seemed to be talking about it as though it was a sure thing

I haven't seen any tweets or news articles or anything explicit from the devs. If I had to guess I'd say the only confirmation that exists is the text in Government Lab that says "better come back in a few months"

The game was alright but I don't understand the story

Watching the tape replays when you play as the actual Dragon and seeing his dash move at normal speed was cool.

It's good, but it's WAY too short. There needs to be a "skip cutscene" button too, mashing through dialogue sucks ass. Other than those two problems, it's really solid. Some of the secrets are cool, like being able to kill the billionaire guy from offscreen and the secret boss.

Needs a level editor desperately, though.

two big complaints
way too easy
way too short

other than that it was great

How long is too short exactly? How many hours does it take to complete the main game and is there a good amount of side/extra content or is it barren

Basically there was a war 7 years ago, the government made super soldiers, public opinion shifted because they were using the super soldiers to raze villages and kill civilians, the war ends, and the government uses the remaining super soldiers to try to clean up their mess.

The girl and Tragedy & Comedy are hallucinations brought on by Chronos withdrawal.

If you have even the slightest amount of skill, you can beat the game in one 4-5 hour sitting at the very most. It's SHORT. But there's probably more coming.

did they update that recently? I beat the game the day after release, and it said closed for now, not about a few months.

>that ending
DESTROY THE CHILD

It's about 3-4 hours playing through casually, there's another hours worth of content going back through a few levels getting optional keys to unlock a few different swords. That's all there is until the DLC.

Is she really a hallucination? His motivation would be worthless then, what's the point?

>spoiler
I mean that all hinges on whether or not Behemoth is real.

2-3 hours to complete if you're alright
There's some unlockable weapons tied to secret events you can trigger in game. They just give you fun modifiers though, nothing SUPER game changing.
You can change the story *slightly* with your choices. (as in get different lore, see events slightly differently)
There's a secret boss if you follow a semi-strict path that's pretty tough but fun.

Why is the psychiatrist asking to kill people?

he works for da gubment

It's unclear if she's a hallucination or not.

A shadow shaped like her is in the first two flashbacks and Tragedy and Comedy take her hostage but like

The cops that they kill can see them- so T+C are certainly real. Unless that random cop is on Chronos too.
My bet is that T+C killed the father and kidnapped her and used their brand of "fuckery" to make everyone state she was never real.

that nibba seemes to be working for the govt

The psychiatrist mentioned that there are "other drugs the government made", so maybe Tragedy and Comedy are using those. Maybe they're some other Null or something, I don't remember the specifics from that mission where we learned about the percentages and Omega Nulls or whatever.

Except that dream isn't real, and the girl gets exchanged for the fish toy he had.

The cops don't react to T&C disappearing so there's still a question of their existence. And the therapist never comments on there being a large swathe of cops that just die with no wounds, even though he comments on Electrohead being shot with a gun if you let V kill him.

So they probably got sliced up in a literal "do or die" final stand by Zero.

Wish each level had art like this at the beginning or something.

Attached: fag.png (900x900, 482K)

Great game but man it ended way too abruptly

>The Weebceptionist
You just activated my trap card!

Except in the end, it's just you sitting opposite him with your sword justing out of his head. If anything, it's probably more of a verbal assault he did that decides whether you stab yourself or him over it.

the psychiatrist boss fight was pure kino

youtube.com/watch?v=PA4RVenjO40

DLC WHERE YOU PLAY AS THE DRAGON WHEN
SEQUEL WHERE WE KILL THE ENTIRE FUCKING GOVERNMENT WHEN

Attached: 10722FADA35F4DB7801E7A42B1BC251D.png (683x785, 117K)

How do you fight him? Do everything to piss him off?

yes and then approach him at the very end of the last mission(bunker pt.2)
go to Bunker in the session part and check if he says this
he's basically Omega Flowey

Attached: file.png (661x312, 312K)

anyone got a gif of Zero dancing in the club?

someone on the steam forums contacted the devs and they said they're doing a dlc to tie up some minor loose ends and putting the rest of the story in a sequel

>watch 30 secs of gameplay
I'm in
>read 3 lines of dialogue
Nvm

I realize it would make the game completely trivial so it would need to be a post-game unlock, but I wish there was a mode where you could rewind time freely during a stage, rather than just when you die. You make corrections on the fly and then the tape plays out your perfected run without the rewinds.

You sound pretty stupid.

Never heard of it, looks cool, I'll buy it on GOG once it's 50% off.

I'm so sorry your parents never taught you how to read

We never see Behemoth on his own, but we do see Leviathan on his own.

It's crazy that more people aren't talking about this, it's a strong goty contender for me

I took Behemoth and Leviathan to be codenames or jumbled memories for The (real) Dragon and the player character. When The Dragon shows up on the highway, you get the same red screen effect you see when Behemoth and Leviathan are close to each other.

Yeah I think there's a lot to the behemoth/zero dragon/leviathan theory (plus leviathan is a dragon in mythology)

Dunno what that means for the plot though. The girl says a bunch of stuff about leviathan and behemoth so maybe that applies to the real characters they represent too?

>farts 6 times in your general direction

There you go you fag

gotteem

so did V finally die or did the dragon leave him alive somewhere?

he's literally dead in the corner of the ending screen where the dragon is looking at a chalkboard

Attached: ending.png (206x183, 42K)

>Why haven't you played this yet?
It is a western game, so I kinda assumed it has leftist garbage shoehorned in it. Was I wrong about that?

obsessed

Ditto with that guy, you're obsessed.

Was hotline miami leftist? That game had a rape scene

watched the video
this game legit looks good
like the devs from metal slug decided to start a new IP or something

Play pause ahead if you haven't, it's their spiritual successor and just as good

Hotline miami could not happen in the current political climate. Journos would tear it down immediately.
I am in your situation too. I just buy japanese games nowadays.

i think i remember reading something about psyker experiment dudes. those aren't the same thing as chronos-using nulls right?

cause the fuckery that T&C do leans to psyker based shit than anything chronos-based. chronos doesnt do that much. plus they are wearing what looks like labcoats. if they are real that is.

maybe nulls are just people that can handle whatever megadrugs the government cooks up and theres another one out there besides chronos

There's definitely more to the supernatural than Chronos. Mr Kissyface has a telekinetic axe, so obviously there are abilities beyond time stoppage. I think T&C are definitely real, but probably just another kind of experimental creature, not something paranormal like gods or personification of fate or some wild thing.

You sound triggered, friend

Go do the hidden boss fight.

Fucking this man. I really liked what I played, it was really good but shit is it short. Like it’s 15 dollars but still. Oh well. I’ve gotten some replayability out of the levels because they feel good for me to get good at.

>yfw playable Dragon

Attached: f2878784.png (398x345, 124K)

just how short is it? replayability?

Good thing they repealed the "Awful Cosplay" law last year or your ass would be under arrest.

oh its shill

>random 2d pixel game #30578367
>plays like a 2d hotline miami, which sounds good but actually ruins a lot of the strategy present in HM
>muh electronica
>muh 80s aesthetic

selling to you numales is literally easy as fuck

maybe someday cboyardee will actually finish a game instead of saying he's going to make a sequel and then disappear

“Anime is a path I walk alone”

No thanks, i don't to play as a faggot

>Why haven't you played this yet?
Post the mega.
>paying for a three hour game

>yfw it's one chapter.

Attached: fug.png (796x689, 181K)

This isn't a cboyardee game, though.

>see Borderlands marketing thread 401 and ignore it
>see literally who indie shit and scream viral

Stop trying so hard to fit in.

So in the base ending, you inject yourself with several syringes of Chronos, but you don't inject any if you beat the secret boss. Is it just an oversight or is the boss battle supposed to represent you overcoming your addiction?

It's probably intentional, and likely the latter.

hmm i didn't think of that desu

Incorrect. The dev confirmed it’s written by Eric “cboyardee” Shumaker