It's actually infuriating how fucking awesome this shit is

Attached: DaS2.jpg (616x353, 34K)

I've probably spend 10+ hours in this game shitting on people in the Looking Glass Knight boss fight alone.

It's so good.

based

>tfw when you cast Warmth and fucking heal the LGK
>Stand back and spam acid urns at the host while keeping the heals up for LGK
Maximum asshole levels achieved

Glass invasions have given me the funniest moments on the game.
>5 PM
>invade some random guy 4 times in a guy, kill him everytime
>stop playing
>10 PM
>invade the same fucking guy again
I couldn't kill him again, I didn't want him to suffer anymore.

In this thread we list things that make Dark Souls 2 the best Souls game. I'll start:

>Non-linear 1st half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas that contain the items for your build

>Drinking Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to drink while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regen is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not OP damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits can't drink estus, spirits can only heal via spell usage. This makes fighting outnumbered without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform 4 rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allows for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocks an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in DS3

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Most build variety, effectively pull off any build you want

>Best replayability, customization, and fashion in the series

high IQ post

>Sin system actually matters, has meaningful consequences and causes blueberries to relentlessly hunt you down like the sinful serial killing wretch you are

based

Does anyone else enjoy base game more than scholar

Based and scholarpilled

Super Mario Based Sunshine & redpilled

best post you will see on Yea Forums all week

you are a good person user. For the rest of you faggots that hate DS2, you need to fucken kill yourselves

Attached: 1522720288478.gif (280x358, 2.17M)

I think next time I replay it I'll go for the base game instead to see the differences.

based and redditpilled

oh look it's another dark souls 2 thread.

itt muh pvp fags ignore everything wrong with Dark Souls 2 including but not limited to
Dudes in armor
Linear area design
And hitboxes

Dark Souls 2

Attached: DnXabkAUwAEj8PX.jpg (890x1200, 217K)

these posts, with detailed points on good mechanics and improvements to the series.
Vs
this post, I don't even know why he's trying, is he just perpetuating the thread? or is he legit epsilon minus semi-moron tier?

damn, good posts in this thread
finally some support for DS2

Attached: 3cc77c8b236db1af44bc3bde79094d04.png (300x331, 37K)

>combat and PvP actually mattering
Low IQ and short attention span

The funny thing is you are trying to list only positives but DaS2 is so shit that some of those are arguably still flaws rofl

t. the one who sucked massive dicks in PvP

Only redditkeks like DS2.

>bought a preowned version of DS2
>Try to access the DLC area
>Game starts to autosave then crashes
It happens everytime I cross the bridge in Heide's Tower. Anyone else have this issue?

nah but I haven't played anything physical in nearly a decade now.

>DaS2 has the best PVP in the series, encouraging different builds and play styles and different venues to fight in and to turn in against the player even (LK, rat covenant)
>Soul Memory exists

Attached: 1544460878868.jpg (650x484, 103K)

>Only people of tastes like DS2
Yeah, I think so too.

Soul Memory? Yes, you actually have to work your ass to be a twinkfag in DaS2.

The first one was done better by DS1, Phantoms also couldn't heal in DS1 and I agree that Bonfire Ascetics are good. "Armor is not OP" and "build variety" are only relevant now after hundreds of patches made to stop the tank casters. Fashion? The entire game looks like fucking shit. The rest is "this game is slow and boring - THAT'S A GOOD THING".

>Company of Champions
>On the second DLC where everything is frozen over
>Int build
>Magic damage does jack shit
>Magic weapons do jack shit to these enemies

This feels damn near fucking impossible. Does INT just fail to scale at this point? Am I just bad?

Attached: 1354763338640.jpg (429x377, 41K)

They just have fuckhuge magic defense. Use something else. Just a basic +10 weapon of some sort should be enough.

>Linear area design
That's been a thing even in DaS1, I'm not sure why everyone pretends it to be otherwise. If you mention the Master Key, you're talking about world design and that's for something not every new player will even get as a starting gift.

s e e t h i n g

Attached: cringe.png (676x650, 613K)

>Phantoms also couldn't heal in DS1
Couldn't they spam Humanity inside the forst?

op here, wrong pic, sorry

Attached: image.png (720x1080, 1.35M)

it sucks, but you'll probably have to respec to get through the area. unless you try and just run past most things. dunno about the king, but the cat bosses also resist magic. how fun!

Attached: 1474872150687.jpg (869x943, 250K)

yes

Attached: 1495820230464.webm (768x432, 3M)

Only redditkeks dislike das2. Actual patricians and fans of the series know 2 is the best. Only dumb secondary hypebabbies fell for the 2 is bad meme.

1 > 3 > 2

Yea basically how I feel using melee build then running into fucking darklurker in the base game.

>Actual patricians and fans of the series know 2 is the best

Attached: 16+seconds+in+and+it+sounds+like+someone+turned+into+_031a2ee46d07a5335d78bbedd8b922f4.jpg (326x251, 15K)

What's the point of build when you can just end up with 50 in every stat.

he's right. you're a pleb redditor.

say what you will about soul memory, but years after the fact i can hop on any of my characters at any level and always find people doing multiplayer shit. It's only strange and inconvenient if you're some kind of faggot with friends.

It's a single-player-only game if you level up too high.

Even then it's not inconveneitn because of the ring they give you. Soul memory is actually a great system, and every "problem" anyone has every had with it is purely imagined. These losers go into anxious hysterics because "w-what if i lose a million souls? i'll be fucked FOREVER" even though that never happens, and even if it did it wouldn't matter because eventually it levels off and everyone is in the same bracket anyway. Soul memory really exposed Yea Forums for the casual hyperbolic children they really are.

He's talking about twinking...

>invade some fag in the LGK fight
>do absolutely nothing and watch the fight from afar
I SPOKE TO GOD BUT HE WASN'T THERE

Attached: JokerBricks.jpg (310x310, 17K)

2 > 1 > 3

lookingglassknight.jpg

Butterfly set, spotted / old whip, and poison infused butterfly shield

What was your build

the first few playthroughs are like an rpg where you have to be concious of where you put your stats.
But if you've played hundreds of hours on the same character, you've earned the right to be powerful as fuck and can go play with the other gods now.
It's a good system.

tried a poison build recently, it was pretty good actually. poison manslayer + mythas bent blade melts most bosses. got a chaos blade later to deal with poison resistant stuff. if only poison was actually good in the other games.

I am. Why the fuck would you be annoyed by SM if you're not a twinkfag? Just play the damn game

The enemy rearrangement was objectively worse. DLC was great.

>improved consistency with the lore
>Straight upgrades to multiple zones like Heide's, Castle Drangleic and Undead Crypt.
Nah, you're wrong.

>DLC was great
everyone says this, but i get half way through it and drop the game hard because of how shit they are

double zweihanders for dabbing on monastery scimitarfags
majestic greatsword/watcher shield with a sanctum crossbow for one-shot memes for everything else

that means you're a shitter who sucks at the game.

>Straight upgrades to multiple zones like Heide's

Attached: 1523921280761.jpg (125x90, 2K)

no the DLCs are just fucking trash

>Actually has a dragon now [helping to justify the Dragonslayer's presence]
>Heide's Knights are at Heide's this time

"Dragonslayer" implies they he slays dragons

how so?

shit enemy placement, shit level design, shit bosses

If this game was a Playstation exclusive it would be praised as the next coming of Jesus on earth

Like you mostly, dual poison spotted whips with the rat ring and poison gauntlets for maximum poison. I also did a dual murakama build.

The extreme aggro of the Heide's knights makes it unbearable to play through. Also, Heide's being destroyed and the knights being undead and roaming the land -did- make sense.

>actually infuriating how fucking awesome this shit is
You say it like it's a joke, but makes Miyazaki drones SEETHE and cry in rage

>The extreme aggro of the Heide's knights
Holy shit this is pathetic, get good loser.

Attached: 1555465371885.jpg (800x554, 44K)

Speaking of Heide Knight. The one in the gutter seppukued his way out of my game. I really wanted his helmet.

Do I get to his helmet 100% guaranteed if I use a BA? I've read on NG+ he has a chance of dropping his atmor too.

Attached: 1555614106981.jpg (750x933, 580K)

>Heide's being destroyed and the knights being undead and roaming the land -did- make sense.
There should have been more of them at Heide's as well as wandering.

I mean I beat the whole game more than once. That area is just shit.

What if you want to low level PvP? What if you want to stay at the 75-90 range where there is actual activity? What if you don't want to be part of the buff spam fest where everyone dies in 3 hits that is 130+ PvP?
>Agape ring
Now you're gimped.

It's a step back in every way.

here's your (You) seething contrarian faggot

The one with the ziggurat is pretty good. Boss at the end sucks dick though

sinh is great though

back your save up before you try and just reload it if it dosent work.

probably the worst dragon fight of the series

hello friend

Attached: FOeGS6ph.jpg (1024x881, 96K)

It's the only dragon that looks and acts like a dragon.

never fought him because it's pointless

dragons aren't real autist

The dragon keepers will all do a line to suck your dick.

>Now you're gimped.
Git gud. Scrub.

If you're so bad that the 4th ring slot is the difference between doing or dying? That's on your enormous shittiness.

it's definitely the most fun to replay. Das1 is great and all, but every new playthrough I get more and more tired with it where as I usually appreciate ds2 every time i replay it

The dragon fights in Souls games are all pretty shit honestly. Kalameet and the Gaping Dragon get points for cool designs at least. It only took until DS3 for them to realize that they're only good as glorified stage hazards.

>>Most build variety, effectively pull off any build you want
how in the fuck is this a trait of ds2
that's a trait of the online community being retarded and placing the "meta" at 150 where you can get everything you want

Not him but the lack of a fourth slot means I can't equip the Southbank ring for extra two spell slots. I'm not sacrificing the stamina ring, the blood pact one and the stone ring for that. I just try to go by with poison knives and bombs

It's my most played souls game pvp was just so good.

It's the one game that heavily punishes you for being bad in pvp.

My pvp build to kill shitters was
>full havels
>twinblades
>poison whip
>straight sword
Constantly changing between the weapons. Got so much fucking hate.

Attached: 1462650323659 (1).png (600x599, 294K)

I love 2 but I have to say 3 is better to play. It feels much smoother to control and do any action. The MUCH improved animations also make every weapon feel satisfying as fuck to use.
3 is objectivelly better by letting you attack your target as soon as you ended rolling without attacking backwards like a retard and do jump attacks by using heavy attack while running.
That alones make it more fun to play. Mostly everything else 2 does better than 3 but the core is much better in 3. I wish it wasn't so fucking linear though.