Shock

>Shock
Holy shit this is...this is difficult
>Denial
No way, I'm going to give up now right? I'm going to beat him next try
>Anger
Man fuck this fucking game. Why does he have 4 phases anyway? Man fuck this shitty hard for the sake of being ha-
>Bargaining
Okay maybe I can cheese him? It doesnt matter if its cheap, at least I'll be done
>Depression
How can I suck so bad at a video game? Why is this making me so sad. I'll never beat this old man
>Testing
I got his attack patterns down, now maybe if I try dodging that spear slam
>Acceptance
Orphan was harder

Attached: Sekiro-Isshin-the-Sword-Saint-1212x682.jpg (1212x682, 52K)

HESITATION

Is this how unitedstatenese mental process works all the time?
On another note, do people actually cheese Ishin? Im kinda surprised people did it with other enemies (from abusing firecrackers, etc to literally cheesing them) since I found it more fun and quick to simply learn the patterns and deflect/attack/dodge/jump/miriki depending on the case, and his fight seems to be all about the core mechanics

>Man fuck this fucking game. Why does he have 4 phases anyway?
Seeing he has 4 phases so quickly does make him feel so daunting. Especially if you think each phase gets harder. In reality last phase is by far the easiest.
Isshin is much easier than Sister Friede, or Gael, easier than O&S for many builds, but those fights 'hide' their later phases. You don't realize how bullshit they are until you've made good progress. And he also punishes close quarters healing like Gael, so you have to counter that to make any real progress.
So even though he's easier he can really rattle your self-confidence.

Attached: ornstein-smough-large.jpg (600x338, 84K)

At some point you should at least be able to beat Genichiro without taking damage, and 3rd phase is easy if you can keep it cool and deflect the thunders, the only threat is the second phase

The 40th bead does not exist. I swear I killed everything and checked a couple guides for the non-boss ones, even the weird shit like Mibu.
I'm on NG+2 and sitting at that last 3/4 fuck me

NO BREATHING

Someone post the gif

Friendly reminder

Attached: Sekiro Easter Egg.png (974x338, 77K)

>Isshin is much easier than Sister Friede, or Gael, easier than O&S for many builds
Friede I can almost agree with, but Gael and O&S are piss-easy. Especially Gael.

If you can make it through to the last phase even sort of healthy you'll probably win if you can do lightning reversals. He becomes much easier in his final phase.

I took like 20 tries to clear his second phase but got him on the very first go at his last one.

bitch you should be able to beat genichiro AND sword phase without taking damage.

Check all the non mini boss prayer beads first.
If you cant find it then start NG+3 and follow guide.

*ahem*
user ANON STOMP HIS FEET
THE SWORD SAINT CANNOT BE BEAT
user CRY AND user MOAN
PLAY HIS FINGERS TO THE BONE
ALL THE DAY AND ALL THE NIGHT
user STRUGGLE IN HIS PLIGHT
user FIND IT QUITE FRUSTRATING
user GIVE THE GAME BAD RATING

Attached: 96C0CEC7-4B86-4F1D-87D9-77E0E603B01C.jpg (511x671, 33K)

>On another note, do people actually cheese Ishin?
After I beat it myself I saw somebody else beat it by jumping around like a retard and spamming firecrackers, so yes. I don't get it, how much of a bitch do you have to be to cheese such a fun boss fight?

>at least be able to beat Genichiro without taking damage
>at least
>at least
>at least

based and ashina pilled

Im ok with this as long as the person doing it actually has fun, in the end (it doesnt even matter, I had to fall..) thats the thing. But for the same reason Im upset that people are doing it only for the sake of beating it and to say they did it, when the combat of this game is probably the best experience Ive had with a videogame in years, despite all the flaws the game clearly has

It's easier than it sounds. If you bully Genichiro with R1 spam he'll only be able to retaliate with moves that are easy to predict and deflect.

user, Im trying to say that it is easy, so even the worst player can at least beat Genichiro...

>orphan was harder
>just visceral it in the back over and over again

If you keep pressure on him he wont take out the spear on phase 2 and phase 2 will be just like phase 1

Attached: 1554349579346.gif (372x200, 1.32M)

Just got a 490.7 MB update on PSN
EASY MODE INCOMING BOYS

I just beat the first Genichiro fight. It's great how painful it is at first, but when I finally beat him, I didn't die, and only chugged once. Didn't get to lightning deflect.

Is there a way to practice lightning deflects? I read somewhere you can do it with Hanbei, but I didn't see an option.

I also re-did the deflect training when I visited him, it's so much fun to trivially deflect all of his attacks. The first time I did that, it took me an embarrassingly long time to clear the deflect training.

> O&S

Please, eventually you can beat them with barely any rolling, literally just walking to the correct positions.

Fountainhead palace have bunch of enemies using lightning.

Yeah but if he's just beaten Genichiro, he's got a loooong way to go before seeing a glimpse of Fountainhead.

God bless the OP of this

orphan actually was harder

Attached: 1555869929665.jpg (225x225, 10K)

He was harder because he was legitimately bullshit. Isshin is actually beautifully crafted and the fight actually has rhythm to it. Orphan is just a shitshow.

>first play through of BB
>STR/ARC build
>Gherman, Maria, Orphan are nightmares because even my R1 with untricked moonlight is too slow and I capped at 98 for PvP purposes so low VIT
>2nd run
>DEX
>shit all over everything because i'm fast as fuck and still deal shitloads of damage
you can really tell the game was designed for dexfags

Attached: IMG_4539.png (227x191, 7K)

>str/arc not using whirligig

now you fucked up

From isn't great at balancing their games, fast rolling with the flipping ring in Das1 trivializes pretty much every boss because of how much quick maneuverability it gives you. It's like giving you trickster.

Are the people who have trouble with Sword Saint the same people who never learned to parry? I swear I thought it got a little bit easier when he pulled out the spear due to the wind up on most of its attacks. Definitely never felt like the wall everyone hyped him up as.

I think the first phase was way harder than second phase. The spear is way easier to deflect and mikiri. Genichiro is also a complete non issue.

When exactly is he going to need to lightning deflect before then? I don't remember any enemies using lightening attacks between genchiro and fountainhead palace.

this desu, demon of hatred was harder only because he has a shit ton of vitality. also phase 3 is a non-issue

If you've played this far and still can't beat Genichiro without taking damage, NG+ is going to eat you alive.

I know there's nothing afterwards since it's the last boss, it's got FOUR (4) (四)phases so I'm just not gonna bother.

>Orphan was harder

orphan has like 7 moves dude, get outta here. Isshin has more than that in phase 1