Why bother with anything else?

Attached: saw_spear.jpg (408x409, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/88XdWTE
youtu.be/RSQXNG0nDAc?t=82
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cause it's shit

One of the best well rounded weapons in the game that you get early on.

Stand aside faggots patrician weapon coming through

Attached: amy arm concept.png (664x456, 334K)

>why have fun?
wow what a hard question

MOONLIGHT SWORD IS GOAT IT WILL ALWAYS BE GOAT FAGGOTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS

Attached: bb.jpg (2197x2386, 415K)

That's not the church pick.

Can we agree Bloodborne had no bad weapons except the Pile Bunker.

Attached: bb-beasthunter-saif.jpg (800x1170, 122K)

The axe was fun.

kos parasite was the only bad weapon because it's only good attack cost ammo

Kirkhammer bros check in

Kos Parasite is fucking nuts for arcane builds, you are out of your mind.

Was about to post this.

Kirkhammer is the best weapon in any souls game fuck moonfags fuck swordfags whats not to love about swinging a fuckhuge hammer at things until they die like fuck man cmon

>He STILL refuses to take the pizza cutterpill

It's good in PvP. The rolling attack and r2 are really good. It does get absolutely cucked by the Loch Shield though, but who uses that. I don't find it that fun to use even if it's effective, except when I'm invading and I get to one shot groups of people with the L2.

what are you talking about? the damage is absolutely garbage unless you find a specific version in the chalice dungeons
never played pvp so can't comment on that, I've just done a playthrough with all weapons on ng+7 and higher and basing it off of that experience

>Rifle Spear
>Chikage
>Blade of Mercy
Nope. There quite a few bad or mediocre weapons.

Swinging the big dumb hammer just like my anime’s

It's bad.

Because perfection is just an UNGA BUNGA away

Attached: Kirkhammer.jpg (1514x2048, 252K)

I'd make the same argument but more because you have to get to the ass-end of the game to get it and there's not really a weapon to carry you that far with the build optimal for it. If you're going for a build around HMS or Burial Blade then at least there are weapon options until you get them that don't make the whole game a slog. Arcane builds get good Hunter Tools but no weapon works with pure Arcane the same way Kos Parasite does.

I think Kos Parasite is the weapon that has the biggest difference between PvE and PvP efficiency. Its DPS is so low that it sucks in PvE unless you're spamming the L2, but in PvP it's a beast and it can be quite frustrating to fight against a good Kos Parasite user.

You’re not supposed to USE the hammer

Thoughts? Is it really the best weapon in the game?

Attached: Espada_sagrada_de_Ludwig.jpg (408x407, 79K)

it cant kill 50 red spiders like the kirk hammer can

If you're a shitter.

The best weapon in the game is Saw Spear for both PvE and PvP, though the Whirly is as good as it in PvE.

You're not thinking creatively enough. There are plenty of fire/bolt/arcane gems that you can get along the journey for a variety of elemental damage - you can have three fire gems after BSB if you beat the 1st chalice dungeon twice and grab a waning one from beneath the Hunter's Workshop. That literally carries you through the entire game.

This weapon doesn't get as much attention for how cool and useful it is. It's a Dragon Tooth that transforms into a better whip than the Beast Cutter or Threaded Cane could hope to be.

Combined with the Gatling Gun offhand this thing has amazing space control. Absolutely adore it, probably my favorite source of blunt damage.

pile bunker is the only good weapon

REPORTING IN

Attached: 1552885519733.jpg (3090x1642, 1.21M)

>vampire killing weapon in a game about werewolves

not even the best sword

Attached: Holy_Moonlight_Sword_Concept_Art.png (363x856, 408K)

You're bad at the game if you think Blades of Mercy are bad

>booms
need i say more

Attached: boom_hammer.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>half the weapons in the game are why bother with anything else-tier

How did they do it Yea Forums?

Attached: 1552774257653.gif (480x270, 479K)

Yeah but the best weapon that you can use those gems on () requires Str and Dex investsments. The only weapon that makes Arcane gems scale well and doesn't require investment beyond Cruel Fate's starting stats is the fucking Threaded Cane and that shit is almost as bad as having wasted stats to use Ludwig Holy Blade.

>Hunter's Axe
>Kirkhammer
>Wheel
>Amygdala Arm
>Pizza Cutter
Fuck there's too many god tier STR weapons, I never know which one to choose.

Attached: 1543349694883.jpg (501x515, 50K)

I'll give you the Rifle Spear, though it's still quite usable, but the Chikage and Blade of Mercy are great.

the cainhurst rapier is easily forgettable

>He doesn't want a mace made of HIS OWN BLOOD

Attached: Bloodletter_Thorned_&_Sticky[1].jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

>shit damage
>shit range
>can't be converted
>boring moveset
The Rakuyo is better in every way.

>Chicago
>bad
Are you high?

>game starts you off with the best weapon
Axechads wy@

Attached: PapaG.png (292x257, 100K)

>Ludwigs Sword
>best for Arcane
You must be memeing

My main gripe with the Chikage is that its tricked form is single handed despite having the same moveset and also that it's the only debuff in the game that doesn't have rally. Getting optimal gems for it is a nightmare too.

>spends a couple days making a mid-Strength/high-BT build for how "OP" this thing is
>end up disappointed
It's a little quick for its damage output but I had more fun with most other weapons than I did with Bloodletter.

Now this shit is kino. Crazy damage and range.

first playthrough sawspear
second playthrough giant axe
no regrets

none of those are bad, git gud

I have a bl50 blt and a bl98 str/bl build, and this thing is great on either. Its probably one of the better twink weapons if you can pull it off.

Because it's not my favorite weapon.
Canebros are cool too.

Attached: wheelman.png (304x300, 71K)

I really fuckin love the threaded cane.

Tried other weapons but that shit is just stylish.

I do like the beast cutter too.

In case I ever get around to playing this game: what's the best stat distribution for this weapon?

Is the game ded? I have a few builds I gotta try

What are the best guns though?

50 str
50 dex
15 arcane if you feel like using tools

Redpill me on an arcane build, Yea Forums. Closest I've ever come is just taking an early STR build then dumping levels into ARC for the MLGS

Attached: 300px-MM3D-Kaepora-Gaebora.png (300x283, 95K)

Join discord
discord.gg/88XdWTE

Arcane itself? Hell no. But the Arcane gems (aka the fire, arcane, and lightning damage gems that convert your damage to that element) use that weapons Arcane scaling and that Arcane scaling scales with your Arcane. So a weapon with those gems works better it's scaling rating is higher and your Arcane is higher. Most weapons with Arcane over B at max upgrade won't have its damage converted by those gems because it has two damage types naturally. Therefore, only weapons that only do physical damage and have high arcane scaling are worth using with those gems for longer than Amalia. Those are the LHS with its A rank at +10, and the Threaded Cane, Kirkhammer, and Whirligig Saw with their B rank +10. All of them but Threaded Cane require stat investment.

evelyn

They're amazing in terms of versatility. You get all the hunters tools and you get to use whatever elemental damage you want, meaning that you should always have the most effective type available against specific foes if you're playing well. Flamesprayer at the start is absolutely nuts and you can mix in strength to use some interesting weapons like Whirligig Saw, which has a pretty good arcane scaling stat.

Attached: 1554302456787.jpg (1200x1200, 154K)

Attached: 1504455480540.jpg (1251x1365, 616K)

40 vit
99 arc
only level str or skl if you need it to equip weapons
look up where to get good gems since they are the most important thing for doing shit tons of elemental damage

You forgot about how good the Saif is, and how good Saw Spear is (which requires no investment)

Fire Saw Spear is ideal for beasts in terms of bonus damage you're netting.

heres what you do
since gems give you most bang for your buck early on its best to gouge the shit out of your vit. never level stamina past 20.
whats good with using this thing is you can later use church pick which almost has the same stat boosts.
so you can do like say 25 str and 25 dex since its b/b scaling

Based and rangepilled.

the powder kegs were canonically retarded

This weapon changed my life

Attached: Buzzsaw.jpg (1500x1848, 239K)

>love threaded cane for style
>never use it past early game cause of its shit damage

I’m shit at min/maxing stats so I never go out of my comfort zone and use new weapons

Attached: 5367C79D-BC91-4819-90C2-549F1202B58A.jpg (233x228, 14K)

Is the saif worthwhile to use? I've never tried it.

If you're going 50 skill its pretty good.

that ain't it, chief

Attached: hunter_axe.jpg (408x409, 22K)

It's fun but like unoptimized to fuckin' hell and the gems are a bitch to farm.

You should use it along with the blunderbuss on the early game, it allows you to keep enemies staggered constantly.

Nice artwork, how many hours did it take you?

You could have just googled the whirligig saw, dumbass...

Yes, its got a wonderful moveset and a great attacking speed. For arcane builds I'm partial to using one gemmed for bolt damage.

if your spacing is good it is an incredibly safe weapon. but yeah early game its a bit weak and you're better off just using saw weapons and converting later on around mid game

Probably my favorite weapon in video games honestly. So many ways to close gaps and the transformation attacks rule. Plus the untransformed / long weapon has some of the widest sweeps in the game.

Fucking uneducated retards

Attached: threaded_cane.jpg (408x409, 18K)

How’s the beast cutter? I always saw that as a threaded cane alt. But with more damage output

I loved me the goddamn boom hammer.

Attached: hammering intensifies.webm (800x480, 1.08M)

5,000 hours

I didnt because thats just not as fun

Attached: 13fbd646-362c-455c-9a57-38dc06c1bf5f.jpg (720x540, 103K)

Korean gem grind ruined late game

God damn it you assholes are making me want to play through BB again and I haven’t even finished sekiro yet. I wish they didn’t peak actual perfection with bloodborne cause everything after is just a disappointment

Attached: A4AC8CCC-4338-4AE5-ABE0-207312F8B02D.jpg (400x394, 23K)

Tips for headless Bloodletting Beast?

>Not knowing the right dungeon names

I tried to go back to DS3 after playing Bloodborne.

Holy shit the weapons are so boring. Sure there are plenty of them but none have unique movesets outside of their weapon arts which are kinda useless anyway.

DS2 of all fuckin things has a better system for unique movesets.

If there's one thing people consistently underestimate about this it's how fucking far it really reaches. The range on this is nuts. And if you've got the stamina to keep swinging the stagger is great.

The single biggest reason I want Bloodborne 2 is just for more weapons. Not the atmosphere, OST, level design, etc. Just the weapons. The switch axe from Monster Hunter Tri showed me the light of weapons that can transform into another type of weapon. It's been the fucking ultimate selling point for me ever since, and Bloodborne was fucking Disney World for me. I've finished playthroughs with nearly every single weapon (save the Reiterpallasch, Boomhammer, and Beast Claw) and I enjoyed all of it.

Attached: Amygdalan_Arm_Showcase.jpg (1920x1080, 616K)

this has got to be the worst weapon in the game

Even knowing the right dungeons it takes fucking ages to get the perfectly optimized gems, especially if the effects are uncommon.
Before Zullie and them started hacking dungeons it was even worse if you wanted out of shape shit.

I’ve never bothered using it, can someone explain the frenzy mechanic on it?

I had more fun with this than squiggly cauliflower mode.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

it has an aoe attack that frenzies you when you use it

transforming gives you frenzy, i think, its been a while and i believe the transformed l2 attack does big dick frenzy to you.

Unless they were bored soulsnobs autists that played everyday for weeks on end, players usually shit themselves and panicked when I ran them down screeching like an animal.

No, transforming just does some health damage. Only L2 has frenzy

The one with the worm coming out of its neck? You should be able to hack away at its legs and try staggering it by shooting its head area occasionally, moreso when the worm/centipede thing comes out

The frenzy on the player takes only half your health instead of the usual like 75%, so it's not as risky as you'd think. But it's still a really conditional AOE that you should be cautious about using outside of "fuck this guy in particular" PvP scenarios.

Is bloodborne directly related to Sekiro?

Is the Divine Dragon a Great One?

yeah its been awhile. shame you get it so late in the dlc. probably my favorite weapon

Stay a reasonable distance in front of him. Bait the first few hits of his attacks then roll into him and wack his legs. If you roll into his combos too soon he'll just slam down on top of you, but if you wait he'll usually keep comboing and you get free hits while he finishes up.

Also just be aware of his telegraphs. Like if he keeps advancing on you without attacking it usually means he either wants to stomp you or slam you.

This more MH stuff is good. I love the switchaxe, insect glaive and chargeblade

>inb4 fish screenshot
It could be one of the many dreams though. Perhaps the immortal dragon itself is the great one?

When transformed, you can use L2. It'll instantly frenzy your opponent if they are in range of the AoE. It deals around 50% dmg. But, it'll frenzy you as well, but not instantly. If you have sedatives you'll be fine. You wont even need it though if you have high frenzy resistance.

I think some concepts and ideas made it there yeah. It's kind of like DeS influencing the other games without being the same universe

*blocks your progress*

Attached: Bloodborne™_20151127095819_-_2.png (1130x1080, 1.28M)

fish screenshot?
Also the centipedes making people immortal reminds me of the vermin, annalise, and the little worm things quite a bit

currently doing a 99 arcane run for the first time
my experience so far,
no HP at all yet, I'm going full 99 arcane before going to vit, just because I have no idea if I will stick with saws and tonitrus
I only spent two points in str to use Tonitrus
tonts elec damage is twice as high as my fire saw, but it's so incredibly slow I never want to use it
I'm surprised at how much I have spent on molotovs and QS bullets for flamethrower, I only recently got to the point where QS are in surplus
executioners gloves have taken over as my primary boss weapon, I never even swing at the boss's in the chalices, no idea if it remains viable against all bosses

only just beat shadows and reached byrgenwerth, I had to force my way through cainhurst very early to get the gloves
those ghosts didn't give a shit about my fire saw
didn't even try to fight Logarius yet
doing a lot of chalice stuff, but I haven't looked at any loot tables or have any goals for them, other than just progressing through the layers

for those that do arcane runs, what should be the next thing I beeline for

Attached: never_ever.gif (500x674, 866K)

*gun parries your charge attack*

Thanks, got him
Japs just love tropes

Getting the Rakuyo was a pain because of these guys

Well it's werewolf vampires

It's a beast. 100% blunt damage means it can use only blunt gems for more damage than other weapons, and serrated bonus on both forms makes it shit on beasts. And unlike the cane its untricked form is actually good.

>they didnt give the boom hammer a MAX ACT mechanic
YOU HAD ONE JOB GUYS

Attached: STARRING2.jpg (1024x545, 35K)

Kos parasite is a SHIT weapon for pve. Doing a full new game plus clear or chalice exploring with kos parasite sucks compared to just saw cleavering your way through

Blacksky eye is amazing even if it's hard and late to get. High-tier for Amygdala / Hotdog / other bosses with large weakpoints because it's faster and cheaper to cast than gloves, just without the tracking. It's basically Evelyn for arcane users but with more range.

Also Kos Parasite.

But yeah you've probably got everything you need for the base game. I guess make sure you've got Rosmarinus.

Saw cleaver / spear are just OP really. The AOE on Kos Parasite with the right gems is fucking great though.

Try running up to a bunch of mooks to l2 them in a FRC root chalice, you'll just get annihilated. Kos parasite aoe is a pvp gimmick

Yeah because that's not how you use it dipshit. It's an opening or ambush attack.

I went into newgame + without doing the DLC first and ludwig just shits on me.

Attached: 1470127162048.jpg (1200x834, 227K)

The DLC was full of weapons that looked cool, but didn't really work for PVE.

Right, a pvp gimmick like I fucking said. I said kos parasite is a shit weapon for pve, and you countered by saying it's not that kos parasite is bad, it's just that saw cleaver is too good and really the aoe on the kos parasite makes it worth it. I'm saying that the aoe doens't make it worth it because the weapon is still shit for 99% of the game where you're not hiding behind a corner waiting for a player to run past you into your aoe

First time playing BB, and I'm at the end I think. What kind of things should I do before finishing the game? Also I don't have the DLC but is it worth it? Don't pay for online unfortunately so I won't get much out of PvP sadly, but if there's enough PvE content I'll get it.

>beat Queen Yarnham my first try
Kind of disappointed after all that suffering to get here

right here bro
SPIN2WIN
SPIN4LIFE

Attached: bloodpizza.png (620x525, 215K)

>Also I don't have the DLC but is it worth it?
It's disputably the best DLC in the entire series, yes.

the dlc is absolutely 100% worth it, it is the best soulsborne dlc
also how many umbilical cords do you have?

theres a secret boss involving umbilical cords at the end. the final boss will boot you automatically to ng+ so keep that in mind.
dlc has 4 bosses and a handful of weapons.
dlc is around SL 60

I prefer the moveset of the cleaver because the R1's are always overhead strikes instead of alternating with horizontals. I don't like how the full charge tricked r2 thrust of the saw spear covers less distance than uncharged. The untricked Moonlight sword moveset is how I wish the tricked saw spear handled.

I have 3 pieces.
How does NG+ effect your chalice dungeons? I didn't do very much of them

Use the tools you fool. The parasite is your go-to pure ARC weapon.

they aren't affected by ng+. they are best done as youre going through the game because the earlier ones become a slog if you are "over-leveled"

DLC has 5 bosses and 3 areas
2 areas are good
1 area is kino

1 boss is meh
2 bosses are good
2 bosses are kino

3 pieces is enough for the good ending
chalice dungeons aren't affected, it doesn't really matter because of how hard the deeper ones are

Yeah but you gotta pay for online just to get them

5 bosses

guess i forgot about laurence

I don’t know about that one user the murder rate is looking pretty bad

Attached: 5D96EE53-BECC-4DB8-88AC-A8723B73626C.png (700x800, 26K)

You can make Ludwig's sword have over 800AR in any element with the right gems. Saw spear should have around 600+ AR if you make it fire. Hunters Tools will do insane damage, like 1200+ with one cast of executioner's gloves.

just started using it for my STR/ARC build, what gems am I looking for and where?

I kill every single boss with nothing but the tools because the kos parasite is so garbage. Why the fuck would you assume that I went full arcane and didn't use the tools?

Because it's boring and not *fun*

>all these faggots complaing about weapons being too late in the game
Why do idiots never go to the /vg/ general? Yeah, you might not like generals for whatever reasons but not going to look at the OP and see if there's anything useful is retarded.

It sucks, use the Amygdala arm instead
>faster
>less stamina usage
>higher rally potential
>1h move-set can stunlock anything.
>Charged R2 slams AND combos

But you need to kill like half the bosses before you get the parasite.

there arent any shit weapons in bloodborne

You could always use it without the rune for the fist moveset.

kirk stronk

Attached: 1524661566900.webm (768x432, 2.38M)

>jumps up in air
heh nothing personell kid

Attached: ryan-van-dongen-orphanp67.jpg (1920x2437, 930K)

>tfw beat Ook at bl29 for an arcane twink character
Maybe you guys should just get better at the game, you can have KP before Shadows.

your mom is dead lol

It's fun.

Attached: Tonitrus_Buffed_E.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

>The DLC was full of weapons that looked cool, but didn't really work for PVE.
Bloodletter, Simon's Bowblade, and Kos Parasite are the only ones that really stand out as being bad for PVE. All the other DLC weapons range from good to broken for PVE.

For me it's the Church Pick.

Attached: church_pike.jpg (399x403, 29K)

Because it's not a blue sword

i fucking love spin2win

Is your kino area the Research Hall?

obviously its the fishing village

>Bloodletter
>Bowblade
>bad for PvE
Are you fucking high?

Backup your save before consuming any umbilical cords. You can platinum Bloodborne in a single playthrough if you reload your save after each ending.

Fishing hamlet is shit

Based Cane Chad.

It's fucking green

You still have to go through Gascoigne, Amelia, Ludwig, Living Failures, Maria and Orphan. Then also Witches for runes, BSB and Amygdala for Pthumeru and Loran, and if you want Isz you have to do Shadows, Rom and Ebrietas. Not to say you need to go pretty much everywhere to get all the tools, and how the DLC is scaled for post-endgame.

Yeah, you could do it relatively early but it's just not worth it.

Attached: menu_knowledge_01041.png (400x400, 122K)

Ahh a fellow hunter of culture

Attached: HNNNG.webm (1280x720, 1.77M)

I love my cannon waifu and I only have 25 Bloodtinge

Attached: church_cannon.jpg (250x251, 11K)

Ah too bad. I like the RH more because of the great puzzly level design and that clever elevator trick they reused for das3

I would regularly do just that though; just because the weapon requires timing to use effectively, doesn't make it bad. Kos L2 does insane fucking damage and is incredibly useful once you're good enough to consistently pull it off.

It was worth it for me since I wanted to play through NG and NG+ with the Kos Parasite.

Attached: dark souls 1 pvp.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

Beat these guys on my second or third try. I didn't even use Shaman Bone Blade since I didn't know how to use it lmao. I just kept the pillar in the middle in between and kept baiting their attacks and hitting once or twice whenever I saw an opening.

Laurence took me 39 goddamn attempts though and I still haven't beaten him on NG+.

I preffer the moveset of the Burial blade, but the Churchpick consistently outdamages.

>Right, a pvp gimmick
You're a fucking moron. The L2 damage is fucking ludicrous, you just don't understand spacing.

Also dash R1 Parasite is fucking incredible.

Why didn't you dodge

>use beast blood pellets
>press R1
>press L1 5 times and the boss's health bar is already at 50%
How can any other weapon compete

Attached: 1533058725008.png (408x407, 205K)

kek I forgot you have to do Emissary to get to Ebrietas too.

Fair enough.

Attached: __hunter_hunter_and_yurie_the_last_scholar_bloodborne_and_the_old_hunters_drawn_by_yoshioka_haco__1a (708x1000, 1.34M)

My favorite weapon will always remain the Hunter Axe

*shoots you from above the platform*
Nothing personnel, kid

Where are my Chikage CHADS at? Started out using a kirkhammer meme guide but fully converted to bloodtinge when I found this baby

Attached: Chikage.jpg (408x407, 74K)

did the pile bunker ever give you a bonus in riposting?

>50 SKL
>Thrust gems
>Three claw runes
>Press L2
Easily.

Attached: menu_knowledge_01033.png (400x400, 64K)

Why the fuck is everyone calling the Piledriver the Pile Bunker?

>when you turn around and transform punt some poor fucker through your own chest cavity and gain back the health you lost from doing so in the same strike
fuck me it's so good

Attached: 1511309053307.png (486x325, 106K)

>gun
>also a sword
For me, it's the Reiterpallasch

Attached: reiterpallasch.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Who here /stakedriver/?? Underrated as fuck

No. Visceral attacks are based on SKL and thrust damage, while the Stake Driver is a STR/quality weapon and its best attack is blunt.

It's the Stake Driver and it's Japanese name actually is Pile Bunker.

Attached: menu_knowledge_01014.png (400x400, 120K)

Reporting in.
Damage is cool and you could feel like a cool shinobi before sekiro existed

4u

Attached: 1537696622507.webm (853x480, 473K)

Attached: 1528600527214.webm (1280x720, 3M)

>an arm-sized hole getting punched through your chest by a massive pilebunker
>not effective against basically everything

It was the weapon I used in my first playthrough. It will always have a special place in my heart.

Attached: 1536713733194.webm (1080x606, 2.96M)

Attached: zoom punch.webm (785x427, 2.03M)

m-masaka

>"Are you cold?"

Is there any reason to use the cleaver over the spear? Other than the fact that it looks cooler?

Assblasting a basic mob with charged r2. BASED

Any bros here Beast Cutter?

Attached: Beastcutter frontal 2.png (600x736, 580K)

This thing resulted in the most fun I've had with Bloodborne

CUTE

Bigger AR and better STR scaling. The tricked cleaver is also the only weapon in the game that has non-charged R2 combos.

P-please notice me, sempai...!

Attached: menu_knowledge_01030.png (400x400, 39K)

Fuck off Maria

Based. My first playthrough was Stake Driver. I didn't even use the charge attack often, the punchy regular attacks were great for high mobility. You danced around enemies.

I play like half of end game BB with this + whirly. Pretty much cover every single enemy in the game.

So do we work for Gehrman, the Moon Presence or the Healing Church?

Attached: HLM.png (601x1320, 538K)

>thought pizza cutter was a meme weapon
>it's unironically one of the strongest weapons in the game

Attached: 1431216369475.jpg (301x312, 38K)

The Moon Presence, are you retarded

gerhrman, but he works for the moon presence

Just went full rules of nature on ludwig, landing the tricked heavy quickdraw after dodging ludwigs getsuga tensho is the most satisfying moment of the game so far

Why does the most aesthetic weapon have to be so underwhelming? It’s moveset is great but it’s scaling sucks and the gun mode is a meme

Haven't played in a while, but I just carried two of these, one arcane, one fire on a pure arcane build and remember having no problems.

certain madmen detected

Attached: naisu.jpg (468x376, 63K)

What are the best early game str weapons?
I want to switch to the kirkhammer but the hunter axe feels ridiculous right now in both forms.

It’s my alt on my str build, being able to pancake fools at range is really nice

>What are the best early game str weapons?
Hunter axe

>we
I work for cleansing the world of vermin.

Hunter axe is spin2win and by far the best starting weapon

Both of my best builds are Arcane so I never even touched the Pizza Cutter, I was content with my Moonlight Sword. I'll take your word for it though.

Attached: Moonlight through the years.webm (800x600, 1.33M)

>Love bloodborne
>hate fucking chalice dungeons and how the best gems are locked behind them

I like the amy arm. The way it flips the fuck out and combosplats humanoids with it's charged attack is so satisfying. Shit scaling though, needs gems.

to

Reporting in. Boxart build is best.

>the gun mode is a meme
On a BLT build it's stronger than the Evelyn with basic physical gems, let alone with bloodtinge off-shapes. Having three gem slots makes the Reiter and the Riflespear the best guns in the game per shot without bone ash.

Attached: 1538010053255.webm (1024x576, 2.91M)

that looks like a dinossaur fossil

do you guys use transformation attacks and stuff? I only use r1 most of hte time

Does it ever fall off or will it always be baby mode compared to the kirkhammer?
Are it or the other dlc weapons easy to rush early game? I've beaten the game and dlc once but it was a while ago and I did the dlc at the end of the game just before Gehrman.

It's the plebs weapon. Real men use the saw cleaver.

hunter axe is good throughout the game

>did a 9k damage combo to ebrietas in a cursed chalice dungeon
Holy fuck I love bigass hammers so much

Attached: 1555459889911.jpg (783x720, 133K)

No weapons "fall off" in BB. If there's one thing it did right, it's keeping every single weapon viable.

This weapon is GOAT but farming perfect gems for it is THE most anti-fun thing in the game.

if you could actually do all the cool blood/fire shit maria does with this I'd consider getting it

Rifle Spear is great, you just need to abuse that charging attack.

The boom hammer, beast cutter, saif, amygdala, and pizza cutter can all be found without fighting the first dlc boss, and you can also get the bow blade early by fighting an npc but he’ll probably stomp you at low level

You can set in on fire with a paper, or convert it with fire gems, and use oil urns on enemies. Rakuyo is actually good for having combos on every button while tricked, which allows you to mix up a lot.

Post your hunters.

Attached: PS_Messages_20171125_223658.jpg (1920x1080, 517K)

I can't beat one fish boy let alone two, plus you get it so late in the game you can't do a full run with it.

I don't understand why they couldn't just do the same DaS2 had with weapons on 3.
Why are ALL straightswords exactly the same? With the execption of Broadsword which is just the same but with no thrusting attacks.
In 2 there were swords using mace/axe movesets and different shit when two handing. On 3 all movesets are identical when one handing/two handing.

>no moonlight greatsword in sekiro
Kinda mad

All Dragons are pure Great Ones

I'm a basic bitch.

Attached: 1542353300820.jpg (2048x1152, 244K)

There’s still DLC

Those tentacles, forgot the name, were my go-to Arcane attack. Costs almost nothing, with that rune to get bullets from ripostes I didn't even care about them 99% of the time.

Attached: wmNZRuJ.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Correction: The Rakuyo has special finisher attacks if you press L2 after R1 or R2.

youtu.be/RSQXNG0nDAc?t=82

I could never go back to anything else after experiencing that distance closing attack. You stunlock half the enemies in the game before they even really aggro

Attached: PicsArt_01-25-12.29.30.jpg (1920x1080, 299K)

I'm not sure if I'll buy it, the game didn't do it for me.
Balanced build best build

Attached: 1530059343260.jpg (2048x1152, 318K)

Why are they women

>that last armor set
im still mad

Attached: 247342534.jpg (481x750, 271K)

If you play as anything but a cute girl you're doing it wrong.

because I fuck my own ass with pink dildos every night

because they're Yea Forumsirgins who cant make an attractive man

Attached: sex.jpg (991x833, 376K)

Attached: Rakuyo.jpg (402x402, 18K)

yeah but I can't coat my sword with blood, do a quick fuckhuge swing with dat range while also leaving a cool fire trail
Maria was basically using the chikage in her 2nd/3rd phase now that I think about it

No pictures, but I have a bald, pale skinned guy with a blue beard and red eyes and a blue haired, red eyed girl. My cringy backstory is that they're a father-daughter duo of Hunters from space.

do you use r1 or r2 more?

sounds like you just dont know how to make a charicter...
watch this
>Gin Shinamura
>originating from the far east, his village was brutalized by "the beast"
>he was the only survivor
>he took up arms and began to track the beast to seek vengence
>followed the beast that attacked the village and met up with the hunters of the league who too were searching for it and joined they're ranks.
>in his travels he learned that more beasts existed in the town of yharnam to the west, so thats where he set his sights
>at some point along the journey he came down with colera and could no longer maintain a battle physique
>upon arriving at yharnam he heard that a special blood could cure any disease withought fail
>he saw it as his chance to rejoin the fight and follow through with ending the beasts.
>upon awaking from the transfusion he was once again strong and filled with drive and determination.
>as no-one human was around he took up his arms and was let loose on the beasts of yharnam...

Attached: 43572345.jpg (1920x1080, 708K)

Then don't be a korean-level autist and farm for 27..2 gems instead. It's still hella strong and those gems let you use its untricked form which is surprisingly good assuming you have decent str investment

Ribbons are just zippers for weapons

Where are my fellow Beast Claw users?

Attached: beast_claw.jpg (250x251, 10K)

Attached: 1551123343850.png (500x480, 193K)

how does it fair against the regular cannon? I've thought about using it because blasting ludwig/axe shitters with a bone ashed cannon is the funnest thing

These fuckers. I died to them more than to any of the DLC bosses.

I wouldn't mind chalic dungeons if it wasn't
>play through level
>kill boss
>whoops you got shit, remake the dungeon to try again
>do this 1-100 times to get what you want
and the only alternative is to savescum.

You better be using it without the rune.

Are they really worth it? Are they for PvP?

>80% of the best gems are dropped by triple fatties

Attached: 1543615581001.png (1217x1215, 1.34M)

Sorry, my man

Attached: 1_j4FkmFQdYeanEEGiSvu-ug.png (540x558, 436K)

Attached: raw.gif (320x240, 2.09M)

Blade of Mercy for me
scythes are fucking cool

Attached: D4zy1VUWkAAWkmQ.jpg (1200x675, 105K)

Burial Blade bros where@??

Attached: burial_blade.jpg (250x251, 10K)

Because I occasionally feel the need to indulge in weebedge faggotry.

Attached: shitkage.jpg (250x251, 8K)

Best scythe in souls

Attached: False Depth Chalices.jpg (640x720, 38K)

Is it viable to play the single player without a normal gun or is the game not built for maining the other things like the flamethrower?

If you're running a bloodtinge build it's better than the regular cannon since it's only slightly weaker but you can get twice as many shots from it and it reloads quicker. Otherwise, stick to the regular cannon

A man of status and taste, I see.

Right here, baby.

Absolutely viable. The only builds that you really want guns in are BLT and SKL.

r8 no h8

Attached: FB_IMG_1555992640382.jpg (1137x640, 73K)

Attached: Stat Scaling Chart.jpg (788x605, 320K)

am also struggling with NG+ laurence

can i get a r8
just finished berserk and felt like combining guts and griffith into one character

Attached: 20190423001547_1.jpg (1512x887, 362K)

cool thanks, the character in question is based on the winter lanterns so I have the bloodletter/cannon so I'll give it a shot next time I play

Attached: bloodborne_winter_lantern_by_muhut-dc0hg33.jpg (1024x864, 118K)

Lol
Is it better without the rune?

edgy as fuck/10

I like its moveset way better. Rune moveset is just wild swings.

The good kind of edgy.

Is it worth upgrading the flamethrower then or should I wait for some other non-gun? I'm doing str/arc. I was considering the rosmarinus too but that seems too late game to wait for.

It's viable yeah, just won't be able to parry.
What do the first two sets of dungeons do?

I like it but yeah a bit too edgy. r8 mine (the one above you)

Man, I wish Bloodborne fanfiction had a bigger market.

>Rune moveset is just wild swings
That's why I like it. I also like the jumping attack a lot.

There are no other guns for ARC build beyond those two. Eventually you'll get tools but the Rosmarinus and Flamesplayer will remain useful.

well the only non-guns are flamethrower/rosmarinus, 2 torches, 2 shields, and THE FIST, so I say upgrade away

I think they're common fight club spots for /bbg/ (if they're still running fight clubs).

looks like a crosseyed maria
thats kinda what i was going for
here have another screen as thanks

Attached: 20190423002657_1.jpg (1439x1063, 84K)

You'd think that, but you don't want that.

Attached: 09c3febc71e133159e9ee3e5175a0cfe.png (871x489, 480K)

Real talk: Switch weapons are the epitome of weapon innovation in this series and it'll never feel better than that

DS3 tried to replicate it and failed like fuck

what is dashR1
I love that weapon. oil urn R2 deals 3.5k dmg on that stupid depth 5 headless beast.

They're great but I feel they're slightly bloated at times. If they combine extensive movesets with weapon arts and moves that do specific things like in Sekiro we'll have a great system.

Everything else seems so impractical

Attached: 530E643B-5F3C-4DB4-A33D-A4EE690BD3D4.jpg (871x1822, 995K)

I love hammering vilecucks that don't understand the transformed running R1.
>why can't I parry you hammer-kun!?!?!
huehuehue their anguished cries sustain me.

>go play another game
>come back to bloodborne the next night and coop with some nerds, then invade and have a bowblade duel with a gentleman of taste
I want to like other games but I find it hard.
The closes I got was enjoying the hell out of Hat in Time for 3 nights before moving back to BB.
I'm holding out for BB spiritual successor as ps5 launch title.

it shits out so much dmg man

The way switching increased the move set of all weapons was genius, but maybe they reused too many basic types like the swords, cleavers, and clubs that only really change when transformed but identical otherwise.

Would love a system where you find and keep and upgrade certain base weapons which you can then slot with special extensions. Say for example:

>cleaver
>sword
>chain
>spike

Which you can combine with the pieces that make the transformation weapons originally like Ludwig's sheath, tombstone slab, scythe handle, extending pole, stake driver engine, etc.

Like, it'd be sweet if I could just use the same sword and just jam it into Ludwig's blade one second, the kirkhammer stone the next, and maybe something crazy like an Amy arm. Similarly take the church pick's blade and pop it into the Stake Driver gauntlet.

it shit out dmg. I got a 3.5k R2 followup with pretty mediocre gems and its all I want from a weapon really.
because /m/ uses various phrases for piledrivers / pilebunkers / pneumatic lance.

I love going full clint eastwood with this.
>50Blt + OOS gems gives approx 350 dmg a shot
>bolt/fire paper gives 430dmg per shot
Then I use BMA repeating pistol to land the finishing blow.
Popping a quickening hunters bone and mowing down 3 cooperators with my fast shooting desperado guns is kino.

Because (like Mahjong) bloodborne is a lesbian dominated field.

Cute girls crossdressing in men's 18th century fashion is unironically my fetish

I dropped ds3 the moment I found no scythe could compare to the burial blade.
Hell, there are so many mediocre weapons I just couldn't keep it up.

More than half the weapons are just gimmicks or retards figuring out different ways to kill beasts lol

you don't enjoy crushing eldritch gods with a ten tonne wagon wheel?

*Vile Bloods

Attached: 1553975579477.jpg (500x417, 274K)

Oh shit, do the blood bullets you sacrifice health for scale with bloodtinge?

All bullets do.

I've only done one playthrough and used the tonitrus for the rest of the game once I got it. Bolt damage just seems super fucking good? I also don't know how to properly level in this game, scaling seems pretty shit on everything so I mostly put points into vit/end. I've yet to see any reason to put point into bloodtinge or arcane unless I managed to entirely miss some sort of magic system. Are there any actual varied builds in this game or are they all basically vit/end and some ratio of str/dex? I want to do another playthrough and change things up but idk what to go for

Attached: SEKIRO SHADOWS DIE TWICE Screenshot 2019.04.14 - 23.14.40.30.png (1920x1080, 3.41M)

The most fun I had PvP and PvE, I lost to no one once I got it down. I never got that final FUCKING MISHAPPEN BLOOD TINGE GEM!

>Not doing lightning
>Not Screaming Rules of Nature
You missed out.

>used toni
>bolt damage seemed good
>didnt level arc

Attached: 1551426829416.jpg (552x556, 86K)

I've never played Bloodborne but I've had it since Christmas. Didn't start it yet because I wanted to plat all four Souls games first.

How should I build my character to ensure I can experiment will all weapons without ruining it? I hear there's no respec.

50Str 25Skl.
You'll need to play through a few times to get all weapons unless you just level everything to 50.