Night City

do you think it's actually cyberpunk now, or is it still california beach simulator?

Attached: california.png (544x274, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/1005958197654351872
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1555986539363.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He probably means the game looks worse than it did in the trailer, like witcher

WHY DOES THE SUN EXIST REEEEEEEEEEE

I think you're a retarded faggot who doesn't understand what cyberpunk is OP

I wish fags from wallpaper general didn't shit up Cyberpunk discussion.

CDPR always lies and downgrades their shit.
Never trust a Pole

Sun posters and puddle posters are the laughing stock of Yea Forums. Kys OP.

more like why does this game called cyberpunk not look like cyberpunk

Puddle posters were right and they weren't talking about puddles. Good job falling for disinfo shilling though.

Stop being an ESL the source material is out there for you to read.

i think it's insanely downgraded.

It means it got downgraded

how can a nearly finished game look completely different in 1 year?

Attached: 1528957461259.jpg (850x529, 21K)

Factually right
They're talking about the obligatory downgrade

I don't care as long as it's a good game

*Sips Drink*
>it doesn't have to be at night
>it doesn't have to be in a large city
>it doesn't need to be 3rd person
>it doesn't need to have the different classes
>it doesn't need the player to be able to use flying cars
>It doesn't need accessible interiors for buildings
>It doesn't need to be free of liberal bullshit
>It doesn't need to have good customisation options
>it doesn't need to have real dialogue choices
>it doesn't need you to be able to join different factions
>it doesn't need to have killable NPCs
WE ARE NOW HERE
>it doesn't need to have a branching story
>it doesn't need to not be downgraded
>it doesn't need to have good graphics
>it doesn't need to have substance
>it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077

Cybereddit 2077 Upvotes

Attached: Sipping CDPdRones Tears.jpg (326x412, 24K)

>game is trying to be grungy 80s cyberpunk instead of sleek anime 90s cyber punk
FUCKING GOOD

>BLADE RUNNER ISN'T CYBERPUNK
>CYBERPUNK 2020 ISN'T CYBERPUNK
>ONLY CDPR'S CYBERPUNK 2077 IS CYBERPUNK
why do CDPRonies do this shit?

it's literally called night city lmao

Source.
This disappoints me.

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE CORPORATIONS BECAUSE..... UH.......
Because what, libtard? Why are you so obsessed with defending corporations?

>cut content
>smaller city
>simplified mechanics

Who are you quoting buddy?

Do you think that means that the Sun literally does not exist? Are you being stupid for performative purposes?

no one's saying any of that tho

Updated list

>it doesn't have to be at night
>it doesn't have to be in a large city
>it doesn't need to be 3rd person
>it doesn't need to have the different classes
>it doesn't need the player to be able to use flying cars
>It doesn't need accessible interiors for buildings
>It doesn't need to be free of liberal bullshit
>It doesn't need to have good customisation options
>it doesn't need to have real dialogue choices
>it doesn't need you to be able to join different factions
>it doesn't need to have killable NPCs
>it doesn't need to have Trauma Team as a gameplay element the player can use
>it doesn't need to have destructible environments
>it doesn't need to have good graphics
WE ARE NOW HERE
>it doesn't need to have a branching story
>it doesn't need to have massive crowds of people
>it doesn't need to not be downgraded
>it doesn't need to have substance
>it doesn't need to not be GTA 2077

This game is going to be a disappointing failure but CDPReddit drones will defend it to the day the company dies

Attached: ps2 game.png (1231x643, 1.09M)

you, the CDPdRone who seethed when the original creator of CP2020 said "this isn't cyberpunk"
your entire insane clown posse hates literally anything that isn't 2077 because it contradicts with your narrative

Welp, I just hope they retain the necessity to get implants to do things (like the ocular implant that's connected to the hand implant which interfaces with the gun you're holding to give you an ammo count).
If you just 'have' a HUD, that'll be kinda shit.

Could you bring that quote up for me? Thanks.

>pretty different
translation: massive downgrade worse than witcher 3

>turned into a VR railshooter

I doubt they'll fix that horrible voice acting and script.

and here we have another CDPdRone who utterly despises all cyberpunk that isn't CDPR's 2077
protip buddy, if everywhere you go smells like shit, look at your shoe

Everyone's laughing at you, user

What was wrong with the voice acting?
What's something that's comparatively 'good'?

if the game is called cyberpunk and is set in a place called night city, I'd at least expect it to look like a cyberpunk game and not a GTA V clone

>the game is pretty different
>now set on the surface of the sun

nah fuck off, fuck you, you're not revising shit scumbag, the comments here are full of your CDPdRone collective saying the guy that made cyberpunk isn't cyberpunk, now own up to your mistakes nigger
twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/1005958197654351872

Attached: 153r2srx1g311.png (589x1214, 445K)

Mods how do I upvote a post?

Named after Gabriel Night, you braindead tard runner.

keep crying

the voice acting was fine you knob

and yet another example of a CDPdRone who despises any cyberpunk works that isn't cdpr's cyberpunk 2077
maybe stop pretending you like or know cyberpunk if you only like one very specific thing that doesn't exist yet?

Based sip poster

You sound irrational and angry. New York is also called the city that never sleeps. You think that's also a literal statement or a nickname about the general night life of the city. If a city is called Night City, do you think that time is literally frozen, like LITERALLY, or do you think that's a reference towards the most prominent and relevant hours of a major metropolis?

Attached: 1541349964171.jpg (480x480, 26K)

It will be just Witcher with sci-fi skin.

SEETHE

This guys is severely, heavily autistic. Like, goddamn dude. Calm down. It isn't out yet.

Attached: 1446617825032.jpg (805x945, 211K)

>STILL confusing cyberpunk with neo 80s neon synth aesthetic
see me after class warfare, user

Attached: IMG_20190418_083716.jpg (696x490, 58K)

Maybe it's actually cyberpunk now

you talking to a mirror?

>people with cyber augmentations all over them
>confirmed day/night cycle
>clearly about 3 centuries ahead of present day
It's not the fuckin matrix. Daylight can exist. You or some other faggot would just complain that it was a cliche'd blade runner clone if the trailer took place at night.

Based user

he didn't flat out say it isn't cyberpunk, and genres and settings aren't confined to the original vision of the creator
get fucked, cyberautist

>California beach simulator
Is there more to this criticism than the presence of daylight? Honest question.

>do you think that time is literally frozen,
absolutely nothing mandates a day/night cycle in your game
>do you think that's a reference towards the most prominent and relevant hours of a major metropolis?
how come there is literally not a SINGLE shot of the game at night? how do you show this much footage and coincidentally avoid half of the day? now be sure to invent a new opinion to defend this

It takes place in LA and spergs are confused as to why it looks like it takes place in a desert.

>It isn't out yet.
yeah, it isn't, so stop pretending this is literallly the only cyberpunk work in existence and that every other work is not real cyberpunk like you CDPdRones always do

Yea Forumsirgins will complain literally anything and it cite as reason a game will fail, TOR ruined this place and it's honestly pathetic, most threads on this board about upcoming games are just autist throwing shit on a wall and hoping it sticks regarding if a game will be a flop

The fuck does Gibson even care? It's not CDPR's Neuromancer.
Night City itself is literally located in California.

Haha wow now this is a new low. Are you actually so incensed over the time of the day in the promotional material that you think that the game can't be played at night or something? Do you think night is not going to exist in this game? How do you guys get wrapped in these mental noodles. It's like I'm talking to crystal finger people.

Attached: 1392678219177.jpg (960x686, 214K)

Cyberpunk isn't defined by daylight you fucking mental patient. Stop getting your feelings hurt by a goddamn videogame.

>Why did I move here?
>I think it was the weather

saying that 2077 is cyberpunk isn't the same as saying nothing else is cyberpunk
calm down user your powerlevel is showing

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY ISN'T THIS MY PERFECT REDDIT CIRCLEJERK WHY CAN'T I SUCK CORPORATE COCK WITHOUT MY FEELINGS GETTING HURT
Keep seething bitch. You can cry your ass off or you can spare yourself the tears and fuck right off. Either way, you won't make this place into your corporate safe space.

Stop pretending it doesn't have a night cycle.

Where is an actual decent forum for games discussion?
Neogaf was a cesspool shithole designed to warp kids into lefty drones, but this place is just full of weirdos who sperg out and hold such absolute standpoints that it's not worth talking.
Everyone insults everyone the moment something is said.
It's a shame that theres no happy medium. Where is a forum where people just talk games?

This isn't healthy my dude.

Attached: 1407717666318.png (400x400, 7K)

Aren't you just defending your own definition of safety?
If you really believe that that Yea Forums shouldn't be a corporate hugbox then you wouldn't give a shit if somebody happened to disagree with you.

imagine if promotional material for spiderman never showed spiderman
that is what it's like when CDPR shows hours of footage and deliberately avoids showing night time, in night city, in the cyberpunk game

I just want to play as a cyberpunk swat cop

/vg/ is for discussion of specific games. Yea Forums is for fun posting and getting angry at stuff in the newspapers.

I was expecting the game to look like this, instead we got GTA 5 with flying cars.

Attached: CP3002 - Cyberpunk 2020 - Rulebook, 2nd Ed. (1993) [Q4] [Houdini]_254.jpg (5008x6536, 2.01M)

cyberpunk mean dark only

Attached: dxl2ui5v2r611.jpg (768x768, 59K)

shit writing is a worse issue than the sun and obvious downgrades but retards don't care

Well there's 2 games where you play as an ex-SWAT cop, if that helps.

>reeeeeee why is the sun in the game!!!!?????
>I-i-its a GTA mod hehehe
>y-yeah take the C-CDPRrone (h-hehe that showed him!)
embarrassing, we literally can not discuss videogames without autist like you latching on to some superfical self-imposed "flaw" and shit up the threads

Every single general is pure garbage though.

You can seethe your pants off, I'm not stopping you. You, however, are trying to force people to stop saying certain things. Big difference. You are impeding on speech, I am not. You're not going to accomplish your goals, so quit while you're ahead.

GTA V already actually has that. It manages to look more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077.

Attached: Fhv8c3d.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

We'll know something in less than 2 months when theres a new trailer and info at e3

But Good lord could there be a worse place to have a discussion than Yea Forums

this looks like a gta mod
jesus christ cdpr

>You, however, are trying to force people to stop saying certain things
That's what you're doing. You're spreading negative reinforcement in an attempt to condition people into silence. You're probably too retarded to know that this is what you're doing, but it's textbook shit.

Everyone talks like they're 16 years old

It's not going to stop. Ever. You are going to go to your grave with people still criticizing your precious CDPR game on Yea Forums. Stop trying to stop it, because it will never happen. Deal with it or keep seething. Or, buy Yea Forums and instate a rule against critiicizing CDPR.

Explain to me what makes cyberpunk different from other sci-fo settings then. Because looking at the people defending this and saying it doesn't need this or that, I can say fucking Mass Effect is cyberpunk with aliens.

i know the bloody baron writers left but other than that what western trash did they import?

Cyberpunk is a setting and name of the game Night City is the name of the city which is shown in promotion. Either way, this is getting heated over the most pedantic of issues. To get incensed over whether there's going to be a night period is borderline schizophrenic.

Like, just play it through. What are the odds there is literally no night cycle in this game, and that you wouldn't look back on this heat up as extremely ridiculous and pedantic?

Your opinion.

NIGHT City is supposed to have a smog cloud that darkens the day. Looks too clean.

You would know.

A game can be cyberpunk without being at night, the sun does not suddenly cease to exist. If a lot of the game took place underground or in manufactured environments that would be different. A lot of what you mentioned is also trivial

You shills can talk shit about Yea Forums all you want, but this place truly is fair, remember when we were all shitting on Deus ex sequel and someone leaked a demo? As soon as people realized that the game was actually pretty decent, the general opinion changed, Yea Forums is harsh but fair, everything that has been shown to us is subpar, this is why it's getting so much criticism, show us something good and you'll get the praise you want.

generals always devolve into cliches and factions that argue about inane drama and thread celebrities that everyone stops to jerk off, either that or they dead/constantly on the brink of death

Nice projection, retard. Now shut the fuck up or stop being a secondary.

In the words of the original creator of Cyberpunk, "It's not about the technology. It's that gritty, rainy night feeling"

>any deus ex sequel
>decent
>Yea Forums is harsh but fair
Holy shit, get the fuck out of here.

Stop with that NIGHT city shit. It's called Night City in honor of Richard Night, who died during the Mob Wars. It was originally called Coronado City.
The smog was around in 2020. Narratively it could easily be explained away due to 57 years of changes.
Personally I like finally seeing a cyberpunk story that isn't strictly a Blade Runner clone, but that's down to preference. I don't hate the idea of seeing what a cyberpunk city looks like during the day along with during the night.

>drama

Fuck you, you reddit piece of shit. This isn't a fucking soap opera. It's not a chick flick. People calling each other faggots on Yea Forums is as natural as the dumps I take every day.

That was nearly 10 years ago and the people around here these days are newfags here for le epic hate machine.

>EVERYONE WHO LIKES ANYTHING THAT ISN'T CDPR'S CYBERPUNK 2077 IS A SECONDARY
why are you so autistic, CDPdRone? what IS cyberpunk according to you? keep in mind your mentally ill side has declared that the original creators of cyberpunk are not cyberpunk

You completely avoided the most important detail, S M O G C L O U D. You're a faggot for doing that.

>It's not going to stop.
I realize, you're retarded to realize what your saying in your own post, ironically you're trying create you own hugbox where no one can talk about the game while you regurgitate your own dumbass memes about the a game having a day-night cycle or a open world game about crime having similarities to GTA, you're pathetic and are a microcosm about why Yea Forums is shit

He directly addressed Smog Cloud.

>unironic use of the word "libtard"
The generational shift here is pretty much complete

Second line, nigger. Learn to read.

Are there people who are still, or were ever, mad about the sun being the the trailers/game? I feel like I'm going crazy. How can they be mad over a fucking sun? Do they get mad at the sun in real life? I just don't fucking understand. Like, yeah dude, the sun is real, it's real in the game too, sometimes it's day time, sometimes there's light.

Why does everyone on here seem to think that cyberpunk shit is ALWAYS dark stormy and raining? I genuinely don't get it.

I hope they added in better stealth I barely saw any options for it in the 2 missions shown man

>The smog was around in 2020. Narratively it could easily be explained away due to 57 years of changes.
lol you fuckin retard

>huur duur reddit
Look retard you've clearly never been in general that's devolved into faggot bickering about shit that's happen months ago when they've had minor disagreements and start namedropping each other and threads just be a us vs them tribe mentally instead of just playing videogames, holy fuck you're so retarded why would you even reply to me when you have no clue that you're talking about?

Deus ex all over again

Same way every Yea Forums debate starts.
Trolling, followed by autistic people who either want to look cool or unironically agree with the trolling.

you are a fucking retard getting angry over nothing on top of not being able to read.

This is just a setting in the future. There's nothing gritty, dark, or dystopian from what is shown. It's not cyberpunk, plain and simple.

Echoing this sentiment. This feels like some dadaist anti-meme that got taken too far. There's no way anybody actually cares. Or if it is it says something terrifying about the average IQ of Yea Forums.

Nu-deus ex sucked tho....

> ironically you're trying create you own hugbox
Nope. Yea Forums rules give us the right to say "i am a faggot that likes cyberpunk" and "i am a redpilled chad, fuck CDPR". They absolutely do not give you the right to stop other people from saying things. You are trying to stop other people from saying things, and you will not stop other people from saying things. It's not assault if you attack in self defense, which is why there is nothing wrong with me stopping you from stopping other people from saying things.

>hehe why are you mad about the sun lmao
That's the strawman peopleshills made up to attack any criticism towards the game, the problem is that it doesn't look like a CP2020 game.

Fuck off CDPdRone. Deus ex sequel was fantastic and a actual cyberpunk compared to not-cyberpunk 2077 keep crying

SUN BAD
NEON GOOD

> absolutely nothing mandates a day/night cycle in your game

Except you know if it's a Role Playing Open World Game. If you can't even get the basics of the real world down, how is your game going to be immersive?

Yes I'm sure they relocated the year for lore reasons and not because the RPG came out in the 80s and 2020 is next fucking year. Holy shit why are CDPcvcks so schizophrenic?

this post of reeks of some of irony you're either a low effort troll or legitmally autistic
either way i can't wait the game comes out sells decent and fags like you move on to try to shit on the next popular game coming out lol

Fuckin thank you. You can't satisfy these fags

Imagine being so obsessed with defending the company that made Geraldo 3 that you turn around and shit on literally any cyberpunk ever to cope with CP2077 not being cyberpunk

Cyberpunk isnt about immersion CDtaRd. Why are you basedboys so defensive towards everything that isnt true cyberpunk.

>and a actual cyberpunk
the revisionism is real! Yea Forums was bitching about Cyberpunk Prague just as retardedly as they are over the sun issue in 2077. Faggots here will only accept faux-punk cyan/magenta neo tokyo bullshit.

Attached: 1555436381735.jpg (406x1024, 85K)

you're right, deus ex is shit, i'm glad you keep fitting into my point about CDPdRones hating all cyberpunk that isn't 2077, CDPdRone

>>It doesn't need to be free of liberal bullshit
Do you even understand cyberpunk as a setting? One of the biggest elements of it is invasive overly powerfully corporation who have wrecked the environment being portrayed as bad guys. The concept is inherently in line with what you probably consider "liberal bullshit"

I have to agree. It's like there are people who purposely try to ruin this place and shit post to keep threads shitty, so no discussion can really take place.
They want this place to be uninhabitable

>Are there people who are still, or were ever, mad about the sun being the the trailers/game?
Apparently. Their loss as daytime cyber cities can be pretty rad while retaining full weight of the genre's distinctive atmosphere.

>Why does everyone on here
Not everyone. At the very least there is you, if you're not samefagging there are also at least several others.

>seem to think that cyberpunk shit is ALWAYS dark stormy and raining? I genuinely don't get it.
The dark part usually comes from the air pollution (handwaved away here), sunlight barely reaching lower layers due to being blocked by higher layers of the city (which will probably going to be handwaved away here) and various gloomy, poorly-lit interiors (most likely not going to be completely handwaved away here).
Don't know about the stormy part, but the rainy part certainly can be expected with fucked up climate in general (faster winds, greater precipitation etc.) but since both acidic rains and smog are no longer a problem this is going to be handwaved away as well most likely.

They really need to turn the degeneracy up to 11 to compensate for the sunny environment. This is California, so it's natural that there would be tons of drugs, illegal weapons, and prostitution rings.

>it doesn't look like a CP2020
It literally takes place 57 years after 2020.
This argument is like saying a game that takes place during the Gulf War is inaccurate and disrespectful because it doesn't involve the Normandy landings.
This is also weak. My point is they're entirely free to adjust the lore and they wouldn't be wrong in claiming that a lot can change in 57 years since the original tabletop game. Sure, it's also based on marketing, but that doesn't mean they won't consider Cyberpunk 2020 canon.
The fact is they were never selling Night City circa 2020 as a setting, and this was plainly obvious since the announcement teaser.

Attached: h29nksmvaki11.jpg (1136x640, 40K)

All hype for this game died the moment they said it would First Person only.

>how come there is literally not a SINGLE shot of the game at night?
Here you go loser. Looks pretty Cyberpunky to me.

Attached: v.jpg (796x448, 47K)

s oyzam

Looks like a dyke hiding out in a modern day city alley way

The only reason to care about this shit is because it's based on the CP series, if it's going to be completely different, than I guess the game isn't for me.

Put those goalposts back.

This is literally brighter than the daytime shots.

Attached: q0gwoxirzqnz.jpg (640x602, 58K)

I love these threads.

Attached: cyberpunk2077.jpg (259x194, 7K)

>"show me x"
>"here is y"
>"this is not x"
>"GGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOLPPPPPPOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

OP took the picture right when the surveillance drone was flashing it's lights in the alley. Can't tell if bait or samefagging himself.

Attached: pic.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

The setting will logically be as as different as 57 years of events can make it. I can't hold it against you if that's not your thing, but it was never falsely advertised.

Attached: new york 57 years ago.jpg (900x680, 156K)

>muh rain
>muh night
>muh pink and blue neons
Fag

Cyberpunk is blinding bright lights everywhere what are you talking about.

So they talked like punks in a Cyberpunk game? Who would've guessed. That's like expecting a Mafia game to not have italians accents.

I take it you've never been to California.

Remember
"Seeing The Witcher 3 on max settings will be like a slap in the face!"

Africa still looks like a mudhut infested shithole even after thousands of years

Is that supposed to be an integrated silencer? That looks like it's a tube welded to a metal bar with a handle. Potato quality settings?

CDPRcvcks will pathetically try to deny this

Attached: 58CBD75A-EB31-483E-A08F-B0220535FB91.jpg (1928x1496, 1.02M)

So they're using the name of the 2020 game rather than the setting is what you're saying.

>hear! hear! we are making a CP2020 game, get hyped!
>but uhh... it takes place 50 years later and it's completely different from what makes CP2020! CP2020!

Hey guys it's me John Cyberpunk from the distant year of 2007

Guys the sun just doesn't fucking exist anymore

Just vanished

don't know. Here's another night shot for you tho.

Attached: Cyberpunk 2077 - Official World Premiere Trailer _ E3 2018 0-52 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.68M)

Remember the early 2077 threads where anons would be hype and choose what profession they would take up? Yeah.....

the sun is still a thing guys

Fucking zoomers. Blade Runner is set in 2019 LA. Does it look Californian to you? Not only does 2077 look bland, boring and completely uninspiring, it doesn't even have a cyberpunk aesthetic. They completely fucked it up. There wouldn't be this debate all across internet if this wasn't even one bit true and everyone defending it knows it but won't admit for whatever reason.

Attached: 1555972275209.jpg (400x400, 11K)

I miss the trauma team posting.

It's not cyberpunk if it doesn't look 1:1 to Blade Runner, you heard it here first

It is smoggy though. We see this in the trailer.

But that's just a Noir setting. It HAS to have tech to be a "Cyber".

Then what the fuck is cyberpunk to you? Just having people with augs?

NEVER EVER

Attached: C5F7D809-A6B4-4EA5-B156-2F12347C958A.jpg (455x960, 115K)

Some of the what we wanted shots are from the game, is that the joke?

Attached: 1537557079148.jpg (1024x1011, 106K)

The Africans who were smart enough to do more than build mud huts left the continent and became other races. Modern Africa has more genetic diversity than he rest of earth combined, as it has many tribes that have lived in relative isolation for thousands of years. But one gene all Africans lack is the Neanderthal gene, which is present in other races and thought to be the reason for their innovative streaks.

They're using the name "Cyberpunk" as a brand and are labelling the as a spiritual successor to the tabletop game. They've chosen a year, 2077, as that label. This isn't hard to understand and maybe took about 5 seconds for me to piece together when I saw the title in the announcement teaser.
You seem to be implying that the year 2020 is an intrinsic part of the tabletop game, and that by changing the year, they're changing the entire thing from the ground up. I doubt this. I'm sure it'll detail various histories that respect 2020's own lore, and while that's just wishful thinking on my part, it's not out of the cards.
>Blade Runner is set in 2019 LA.
Can none of you form a compelling argument? This isn't Blade Runner. You're literally arguing that you'd rather the game be an uninspired knockoff of a different franchise.

YOU CALL THIS A FUCKIN NOIR GAME

WHY ISN'T IT NIGHT 24/7

FUCKING ROCKSTAR PR

Attached: 5a04595e3dbef425008b4e21-750.jpg (750x422, 66K)

Maybe we'll go back to those days after some new footage and the sunposters don't have as much to shitpost over.

Class systems are garbage.

I'm the one person who wanted both night and day I guess. That being said I will admit they haven't shown as much of the night as they should have.

Presumably being some sort of cybernetic dystopia with a sort of punk underground scene

hey wait a minute

Well, left doesn't sell. Deus Ex, Blade Runner 2049, Ghost in the Shell all flopped recently so CDPR decided that making a GTA clone is going to be more profitable.

Anyone engaging in that should have realized they were an idiot. How could they implement all those professions without designing a campaign for each one? They all have such different goals and values it would never work to use it like a typical class system.

You're far from the only person who doesn't consider a day/night cycle a dealbreaker.

>You're literally arguing that you'd rather the game be an uninspired knockoff of a different franchise.
Except now it’s an uninspired knockoff of the gta franchise

Downgraded to fuck. Remember they're trying to shoehorn this shit onto the original Xbox One hardware as well.

It has to have sleaze. It has to show that technological advancement does not fix problems created by human nature.

On what grounds other than it taking place in a crime-ridden city?
You could call any open world game that takes place in a city a GTA knockoff.

Alright then user. I'll hold on for now until they release footage of some actual gameplay. Especially since they said they changed even more things near release.

>nearly finished
Never at any point did they say that it was nearly finished when they released that demo. In fact, I remember the narrator guy explicitly stating that everything shown was subject to change. What's the point of going on the internet and lying?

it will be a generic lootshooter lmao

Attached: 47c390884f3ef9a0-600x338.png (600x338, 252K)

How did CRPGs of the past like Arcanum allow for vastly different playstyles with NPCs reacting to different character stats accordingly?

I usually don’t participate in these threads but it’s pretty obvious there are some legitimate shills here. Outside of that i think the game looks pretty cool

>the original creator of CP2020
William Gibson is not the creator of CP2020 you absolute retard

I mean you're not seeing me rush to preorder either. Only pointing out that the year, the changes that year would logically imply, and the inclusion of a day/night cycle won't be what breaks this game for me.
For me it all boils down to how fun and immersive the game actually becomes as it approaches its release.

CDPR got shills everywhere in the net, their games are good but not this good

Not selling and not being Cyberpunk are different things. Cyberpunk is full of things like sexism and other stuff that SJWs don't like to see in an unfiltered form. Besides that

>DX flopped because the devs went full retard with their pre order scheme
>Ghost in the Shell flopped because nobody thought Scarjoe was a good choice for the Major
>BR2049 flopped because the marketing was too vague to show people what it was about

I've been defending this game in this thread but there is no fucking way that you can tell me that the voice acting is good with a straight face. Female V sounds like a crack whore and the Latino guy has some of the most obnoxious dialogue I've ever heard in a game, I could barely even finish the gameplay demo video because of how annoying he was. I speak with Latinos regularly at work and none of them intersperse Spanish words into their English speaking like he does, they all just speak English with an accent.

Is the game really releasing in 2019?

Attached: 10205105.jpg (454x453, 74K)

Don’t give 2 fucks about this game unless they make it actually dark.

It’s fucking stupid to call it cyberpunk and have it looks like a summer break college party

how do you know 2077 doesn't have any of that?

I doubt it, I would guess 2020 at earliest, maybe 2021

>RPG gear has stats/buffs/resistances
whoa dam

Attached: 1555653960424.gif (811x590, 2.49M)

They could have done so much different gameplay wise that could have been really neat based on the material they had to work with. Seems like we got the lazy way out instead by them following the AAA formula with a few minor twist.

>I speak with Latinos regularly at work and none of them intersperse Spanish words into their English speaking
ok but people do that all the time

Actual dumbass

Latino here, we do it but only with other Latinos

Name 40

See this is the dumbest fucking shit argument. There are so many legitimate things that you could be criticizing the game about, but you instead decide to make up some retarded strawman reason instead. It's fucking retarded to just baselessly claim that the game has no "sleaze" especially when the gameplay demo literally shows sleaze in the form of people being abducted by gangs to have their implants removed and sold. It's fine to not like the game but at least have an actual reason for it.

I haven't played Arcanum but most games classes are defined by their combat abilities or stats. Rockerboys are not different than cops because they have a higher charisma stat, their method of changing the world is completely different than a Cop. Certain jobs are absolutely similar enough that they could be classes but like does it make sense to be a Rockerboy who never performs at concerts? So you want them to make a whole concert system and gameplay just for them? Then we have to do a similar thing with Medias who report the news which no other class really does. And Corporate need a business simulator or they really aren't going to feel like Corporates. Some of those Jobs could have an entire game built around them and rightfully should to represent them properly. I think you're looking at old games with rose tinted glasses user, they usually came down to "do you talk your way out of this or fight your way out. Ok how do you fight your way out" I know of no classic RPG where reporting the goings on of the world is basis for a class which it is in Cyberpunk

The only time that they do that is if they're saying something that only exists as a Spanish term (like tortilla) or if it's a word that they don't know, but they would usually ask you rather than just assuming that you know that Spanish word. I've never heard them randomly toss a "jaina" or "culo" into an English sentence like the guy in the game does.

This. Cops, Media, Corporates etc could not have been in the game. I think Rockerboys, Fixers and maybe Nomads could have been in, though.

It should be. That's what people actually wanted, but anyway, that wasn't my point. Anons were justifying the game's overly Californian look and I pointed that the quintessential cyberpunk movie is set in LA and doesn't look Californian. It doesn't have to be exact copy of BR, but at least have the cyberpunk aesthetic if you're pretending to be a cyberpunk game. It's fine to deviate from the standard so long as you've got something as good or better to offer. 2077 just looks completely generic and boring. There's no justification for its design choice. This isn't better.

whatever it is, you'll still find a reason to complain about it
the only way you wouldn't complain about it is if it was from a different dev

>tHe sUn dOeSnT eXiSt In CyBeRp-

Attached: cyberpunk2020_weather.jpg (598x347, 132K)

If you've read any cyberpunk books, played any cyberpunk games, watched any cyberpunk TV/movies, then it's pretty obvious what the aesthetic is. It's not rocket science. I don't why CDPR licensed the IP only to make a completely different setting.

Aesthetic and vaporniggers plagued the genre forever

Cyberpunk has always been a niche genre. Too dark, depressing, nihilistic and highbrow for the masses.

>That's what people actually wanted
That's what you actually wanted. Did you ever consider calling CDPR and giving them your grand design of how the game should be?
In fact everything you dislike about this game's presentation boils down to taste.
>if it doesn't conform to cliche then it's not worth buying

Where's the trailer with the GTAV trailer sound put over it? I saw it once and could never find it again.

>This game isn't cyberpunk because it doesn't fit my personal perception of cyberpunk (no sunlight 80's retrofuturism) even though it is based on an existing cyberpunk-themed IP called Cyberpunk
And you retards wonder why everyone makes fun of you

Not that user but it not only looks like Not-Los Angeles in GTA V but also the same color balance as well. Nobody complained about Super Mario Odyssey (when it was heavily promoting New Donk City) looking like vanilla GTA 4, because the color balance was completely different.

it might be worth buying, but don't call it cyberpunk if it's something else

>game isn't night and raining 24/7
>no controllable flying cars
>no third person

Game is dead on arrival.

>Nobody complained about Super Mario Odyssey (when it was heavily promoting New Donk City) looking like vanilla GTA 4
No, they were comparing it to Sonic 06 and laughing at the concept that this canonically made Mario a deformed dwarf.

Cyberpunk is the most overrated and cliche ridden setting

They were planning to, then they saw bunch of big budget cyberpunk projects flop, panicked and decided to make a gta clone instead.

cyberpunk isn't retrofuturism, try reading neuromancer some time

They're going to buy it anyway

The trailer that shows Slavic rekt footage instead of the 2077 scenes is better and harder to find.

>oppressive society
>lawless subcultures
>computer technology dominating the entire culture
By definition, the game is 100% cyberpunk. It just doesn't have the aesthetics you want.

Attached: cyberpunk.png (731x237, 18K)

There is cyberpunk other than Neuromancer, you know. There is no reason to judge all cyberpunk content in relation to a single entity. Have you ever heard of Cyberpunk 2020, the game which Cyberpunk 2077 shares a world with?

>no third person
>Game is dead on arrival.
Where have I heard this before?

Attached: Jesus Christ Be Praised.jpg (787x670, 92K)

>They were planning to, then they saw bunch of big budget cyberpunk projects flop, panicked and decided to make a gta clone instead.
Is this true? Source?

>a gta clone instead.
It takes place in the present day and only has modern technology?

I don't know how you can think this when high fantasy exists.
>Let's rip off Tolkein for the 800th time
Yea so great.

Like what? Dude Sex: Austria Edition? I can't think of any others

It's entirely possible to do cyberpunk without night, you have to apply creativity to it and take examples from other material without trying to be clever and have blue skies just to piss off people.

Attached: 2019-04-13 20_28_31-Edge City_ Life on the New Frontier - Joel Garreau - Google Books.png (502x394, 157K)

Considering its fanbase only ever wants the same Blade Runner story over and over, can you really blame the writers for this?

>cyberpunk fans wanted a gta clone instead of cyberpunk game
Brilliant logic.

(2/3)

Attached: 2019-04-13 20_29_26-Edge City_ Life on the New Frontier - Joel Garreau - Google Books.png (490x397, 169K)

It looks to modern.
Cyberpunk always had that "Casette Futurism" (70s,80,90,) retrofuturism

I know that you're shitposting, but could you please explain what a "cyberpunk game" is exactly, and how that is different to what CP2077 is?

Stop using your personal interpretation to justify CDPR's terrible decisions. There's plenty of proper cyberpunk source material, we all know what the aesthetic is.

Give me neon and boobs, and Im sold.

(3/3)

Attached: 2019-04-13 20_30_53-Edge City_ Life on the New Frontier - Joel Garreau - Google Books.png (478x351, 141K)

>a gta clone
You keep saying this, but it clearly doesn't apply here.
All I've gotten as far as a real argument for this that it takes place in a crimeridden city and has similar color balance (pic related).
That's strictly aesthetics, not cyberpunk by definition. Prove to me that this game isn't cyberpunk by definition and I'll concede.
You can't and you never will. As long as the game takes place in a computer-dominated oppressive society with a defined lawless underworld, then the game fits the genre.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x281, 328K)

When was the exact moment you figured out that the game would be shit? For me it was the gameplay reveal trailer an that
>This... is the Kawasaki effect
or whatever.

Attached: 1529216574452.jpg (676x676, 95K)

you get neon but only in broad daylight

I'll let you know a few months before release.

As soon as I saw they were even half way bending to the "cyberpunk is nighttime faggots." There was random shit that was placed like they wanted the world to play out like a shitty montage.

what are you even talking about
you mean when she got the Kiroshi eye? It was just a brand name

Also at night whenever it gets dark.

Are there any details on how it's different yet?

when I saw it was CDPR

Wrong, incredibly wrong,
Ghost In Shell is Cyberpunk and it has a Casette Futurism.

uuuuuuuhhhhh it looks like Blade Runner

yeah

You know when they were walking down some linear path to a cinematic conclusion (where the medics eventually show up), they hype up some skill they unlocked, it has a name and everything, and it's literally just a slow mo effect. It was very embarrassing to watch!

Ghost in the Shell picked an aesthetic.
Again, you're giving me zero set rules that nobody has the right to pick another, or add its own.

The initial teaser was great, they really nailed the look and feel, I thought we were finally getting that open world cyberpunk game we've all been wanting for years. Then the gameplay trailer dropped and my interest went to 0 instantly.

Do you ever wonder if people on Yea Forums are stupid on purpose?

It's going to be a shooter with light FPS elements. Will buy on sale 1 year after release.

This should just be an MMO, but its not 2000 anymore and MMOs these days just do WoW garbage

>walking down some linear path to a cinematic conclusion
It's a single demo for an unfinished game that's still midway through development. They even mentioned possible different outcomes.

Often.
I'm literally arguing that people are mad about the wrong shit specifically to get them quiet enough to show them what to actually be concerned about.
It's like explaining to kindergarteners that bare feet being uncomfortable on pavement isn't the reason why walking on the street is dangerous.

oh that, didn't bother me much
don't ever read a cyberpunk novel or you'll be cringing at every line

>you're giving me zero
I'm not giving you nothing,
Your micro-invalidating and at the same time moving the goalpost trying so hard to justify their action. It's quite obvious that you have a bias that's higher than a fucking Captain Marvel Movie Fancier so why explain something to you when you act like a Looney and keep micro-invalidating it? Understand everyone is displeased and quite often are not impressed about it. Now keep invalidating every opinion thrown at you cause your putting yourself at deep hole and being exposed.

I was done when they change the graphical art style from CP2077 Teaser Trailer to that garbage gameplay demo.

Attached: 1555650907715 (1).jpg (267x258, 26K)

It was too good to be true.

Attached: 1515183630036.jpg (240x193, 11K)

To those who think "it doesn't have to be neon/night, that's not what REAL cyberpunk is", then it's almost guaranteed that they're going to mangle important themes like the effects of mega-corporations on people, taxes, and government into just DUDE CAPITALISM IS BAD LMAO to appeal to the retards who parrot phrases like "late stage capitalism".

Attached: 1554862552522.jpg (1631x1872, 116K)

goddamn gypsies ruining the streets

>they change the graphical art style from CP2077 Teaser Trailer to that garbage gameplay demo
What about the art style changed other than the time of day?

why is a polish games studio suddenly obsessed with american politics and making a game set in california?...
lol

I can't even tell what you're trying to say in this fucking post

Christ, user at least attempt to write like English is your first language. I'm invalidating your argument that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a cyberpunk game. I'm not even sure it'll be a good game, but to say it isn't cyberpunk is flagrant misinformation that'll get people calling you a retard. It's a terrible route to go if you want to convince people to wait until you're sure it's good.
That you refuse to prove this argument is slightly worse than a concession, and makes you seem childish.

How is it guaranteed? What are you basing this assumption off of? Why does this game in particular act as a magnet for retards who make insane assumptions about something that nobody knows anything about yet?

When I saw the e3 trailer. A feeling of disappointment and confusion washed over me, but I tried to lie to myself at first because I didn't want accept the truth. Just another reminder that you are setting yourself for disappointment if you buy into hype for an AAA video game.

Isn't that kind of a miserable slippery slope and also getting angry at nothing solid?
Is the goal to be mad all the time?

My only problem is the fact the Gameplay Demo graphics art style look way cartoony compare to the realism gritty design shown in the Teaser Trailer.

Why did I move here... I guess it was the weather.

Attached: 1528849419822.png (1716x996, 1.5M)

>he still move the goalpost and invalidate with not surprised response.
(You)

NO PERMANIGHT MODE/MOD = NO BUY

Attached: 0GY3UDGP5xM.jpg (896x713, 111K)

Wrong.
That people are focusing on aesthetic decorative bullshit INSTEAD of whether the game ignores cyberpunk themes is exactly what I'm hating about this entire thread.
If you want to call the game shit, make an actual point. You don't see me arguing against the linearity of its demos or the implication that the game could be a lootshooter for this reason. It's the flagrant misunderstanding of what the definition of cyberpunk that's triggering my autism. Saying the game isn't cyberpunk because cassette tapes aren't lying around in gutters is like saying a neo noir movie isn't noir because it doesn't have a jazz soundtrack.
Aesthetics do not equal genre.
>I'll just say the same failed rant with fewer words in equally broken english! That'll show him!

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1555986539363.webm

Attached: 1528693065165.png (1116x720, 896K)

I've never had any trouble IMMERSING myself in a game with third person only. It's a non-issue if the game is engaging.
It's so much easier to look around and admire the map in 3P. FPS only makes me believe that shooting will be primary focus and rpg elements a second thought outside of simply upgrading char combat/sneak abilities and weapon damage.

>prerendered CGI trailer looks more realistic than alpha gameplay footage
I literally don't know what you were expecting

>muh third person
Back to your bing bing wahoo threads, console peasant.

Attached: 1517995402828.jpg (1002x857, 69K)

based logic poster

Coming into 2077 threads 250 replies in is like reading a fucking warzone.
You got one group of people who are worshipping an aesthetic but conflating it with the content of the game. If it we're blue and nighttime but the game was actually an RTS skateboarding game about growing crops and no greater message or metaphor, would that make it good? Baffling.
Is the goal to be angry legitimately all the time?

whats it like knowing you buy single player games?

The e3 trailer.
Instead of getting a cyberpunk city filled with crime we got "le city of opportunity" meme just like a fucking GTA trailer.
Also it focused too much on the generic bald main character.

Attached: 1553465459821.jpg (1765x1200, 248K)

(You)

>FPS only makes me believe that shooting will be primary focus and rpg elements a second thought outside of simply upgrading char combat/sneak abilities and weapon damage.
>being this manipulated by a camera angle
Disturbingly weak mind.

I was expecting a game not to look like Borderland.

you got fuckin rekt m8

Why do people care so much about 1st person? I would personally prefer 3rd person as well but I don't see how it's a dealbreaker. The game is evidently going to be shooting-heavy based on the demo so it at least makes some sense. Hopefully there will be a 3rd person mod or something like how there is a 1st person mod for The Witcher 3.

It's an exercise in never making everyone happy.

Did you mean light RPG elements? Because if so I completely agree on everything you said.

Sameposting as well as changing you IP isn't also going to help you with this.

But why

user I just want you to know I see you making posts in this thread and I agree with you. Not everyone here is retard, they're just the only ones responding to you.

In what Clown World does the gameplay shown so far look like Borderlands? Are we watching the same footage? Borderlands has cel shaded textures and ridiculous body proportions, the gameplay shown so far has a realistic art style and realistic body proportions, but it of course looks more like a game than the CGI trailer. I don't understand what you want it to look like.

youtube.com/watch?v=GM-e46xdcUo

guy gets owned
>You're projecting
>(you)
this forum is becoming more and more retarded. I blame it in the surge of south-american niggers.

I hope there's beaches. I love the idea of a comfy sci-fi beach city.

You were a pathetic basedboy who had less spine and initiative than the 60 year old officer you were supposed to be backing up, Riker.

They pretty much already mangled the important themes, Night city went from being a crime-ridden shit hole into the land of opportunity.

>literally talking to a youtube video

Attached: phil.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

You can't fool me, Riker. I know you're listening. Admit your crimes.

According to this map of Night City from 2020 there are definitely beaches

Attached: Cyberpunk 2020 - Datafortress 2020 - Night City Amalgamated Map small.jpg (640x660, 151K)

That's Jonathan Frakes, friend, host of Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction.
Riker would never wear any of those suits.

>didn't play the table top
>suddenly has an opinion on what night city should look like

Attached: CP 2077 threads.jpg (600x848, 120K)

Its more along the lines of minute to minute gameplay is way different than doing a highly scripted mission.

I'm excited for this game because I feel like the potential is there for something special. It's not a game I'm going to play ever waking minute of the rest of my life, but if it gives me a good 40-50 hours and has decent replayability, that's solid enough in my book to warrant it's existence.

Arguing with fools on this thread about a game that won't come out for months/years is a waste of time

>buy single a good player game
>more good single player games are made
Feels great.

Attached: 2iDb3cs6lhA.jpg (720x720, 44K)

Right.

Attached: riker.jpg (1076x1076, 736K)

Shilling so hard

Attached: 4748351-2426691372-18k7x.jpg (254x400, 37K)

Attached: CP2077 Netrunner gameplay.gif (480x270, 2.14M)

God I hope this shit doesn't turn into a GTA clone because this map looks like it'd be horrible to get around in

That is neither black nor khaki.

Are you from India?
You type like somebody from India.

>saying that the game doesn't look like Borderlands is shilling

Attached: lwxf2s6jg5b11.jpg (640x569, 26K)

I find it funny that shitposters are saying it's going to be a GTA clone while also being mad it's not 3rd person like GTA

In order for something to be considered cyberpunk, it has to be completely plagiarized from William Gibson. That's what I learned the last time retards argued about what cyberpunk was. You can't deviate at all from the tropes established in Neuromancer so things like Ghost in the Shell can't ever be cyberpunk based on a completely retarded and rigid definition.

It means downgrades
Personally CP2077 has just been one disappointment after another
>Teaser trailer perfectly encapsulates the aesthetic
>Quotes from devs create a pie-in-the-sky idea of a game based on a tabletop
>Years later journos actually get a private screening of the 48 minute demo
>It comes out that it is a first person game
>People learn that you have to play a Solo named V whose whole character motivation is increasing their "Street Cred" which kneecaps everything they said about it being an RPG
>First real trailer makes it is clear everything from the teaser outside of mantis blades went right in the trash
>48 minute demo shows no actual choice permutation eluding to the same shit-ass illusion of choice bullshit seen in so many other self-described "RPGs"
>Enemies are just bullet sponges that numbers fly off of
>That coupled with the potentially highly limited driving segments make it resemble Borderlands
>You'll likely unlock each section of the city much like unlocking new areas in Borderlands
>Abilities are highly reminiscent of Nu-Deus Ex
>Multiple quotes of "The story we want to tell is too important" leading to the abject death of anything that could make it pass for an RPG
And yeah, it probably isn't even going to look as "good" as it did in the trailer and demo.

Attached: 1532473879530.gif (500x260, 478K)

This + only 3 class choices killed it for me. Not gonna lie though, i wanted it to be a cyber noir too and play some sort of Private eye or whatever. I´ve not played anything like that since L.A Noire.

Very nice.

Should be alright in first person. Always been a bit let down at how the GTA games have opted for a world map that consists of 80% nothing since San Andreas.

On the same token I agree it's far too dense. And square. Looking like a 4K HD version of Jak and Daxter's map. Vice City had that perfect balance.

Attached: vice city map.jpg (1808x2312, 529K)

The buildings don't even look like they are violating city building code