Gameboy Advance

Gameboy advance should have always been backlit with x and y buttons like a snes controller. Debate me

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 149K)

You're right.
It was a good system, but should have been better.

Yeah, what is there to debate? Those are just straight upgrades.

no I want to play on a screen where I can barely see anything unless i'm directly under a lamp where half the screen will be covered by the reflection of the light bulb and have less buttons.

backlights and all the mods are cool and easy, but don't fucking list modded shit with 3rd party shells as original GBAs on ebay numbnuts

This. Fucking casuals.

Aren't almost all modded GBAs full of issues? Like really fast draining batteries, fucked up sound coming from the speakers and flickering? Why not just get a regular SP?

why add buttons if the games don't use it

the sp is frontlit and while back in 2004 you didnt care it's actually complete dogshit when you compare it to the original ds or a psp or anything like that

so at that point why not mod it anyways

personally i just use a psp go, it does gba and snes and even some other stuff too so its Good Enough For Me

Gameboy SP is the last true handheld device
Debate me

nothing to debate, I agree with you
>Why not just get a regular SP?
gba is more comfortable for adult sized hands

It should have been the unviewable turd it was, that way Nintendo can sell 3 more redesigns to it's stupids fans

laughs in gb micro

The AGS-101 screen exists.

But the L and R buttons were fine. I can't remember a single game that needed more than 4 buttons and Start and Select. The SNES itself very rarely actually utilized L and R so it was essentially a 4 button controller too.

No. PSP Go was.

the ds fits in your hand checkmate

why the fuck did they choose to give the gba only 2 buttons, was there an excuse? games would have been a lot better than they already were if we had x and y in there.

I ordered mine from Retromods, it was not cheap, but it works perfectly and the battery pack they install lasts fucking forever. I'd estimate over 24 hours on a charge, you could bring it on a trip and forget the cable and be good for an entire week. They also put a gasket on the edge of the screen to eliminate the backlight bleeding out excess light.

Can't say the same for any of the Ebay ones, I was sketched out by the ads full of spelling mistakes and Chinese shit.

Could have been used in a few new games, as well as SNES ports.
Even if it's not always used, it really should have been an option.

>Backlit
Yes. Fuck yes

>X and Y buttons
Meh. I never missed them.

If I go through the recently released videos from within a day or two on YouTube, am I going to find some flavor-of-the-month ecelebs who just posted a video about the GBA?

Nigga I don't know

Yes. Scott the zoomer just made a GBA vid yesterday.