>he resets when he gets a bad level up
>he resets when a unit dies
>he resets when he fails to recruit someone
>he resets when he misses a village/misses treasure thieves
>he resets to arena abuse
>he resets to reroll enemy stats
>he resets when he messes up his inventory slots for battle preps
>he resets when he fails gaiden chapter requirements
Why not just play casual mode at that point?

Attached: 911C9550-D679-45AF-832F-D8650643D069.jpg (432x432, 56K)

Not resetting when a unit dies is for casual shitters.

If the displayed %s were accurate, some of that wouldn't be necessary.

Because game is just outlet for OCD

Game no for fun.

I ragequitted fire emblem forever after the Wii one and I don't think I've ever made a wiser decision

Fuck Fire emblem

Attached: download (26).jpg (275x183, 21K)

>reroll enemy stats
Is there a game with random enemy stats? I only played 6-10.

Attached: 1527838189116.jpg (720x960, 127K)

Get fucked
Dual rng hit rates mostly benefit the player anyways and if your strat relies on dodge tanking without sub 60 hit rates it was a bad strat that you deserved to lose for anyways

>he resets when he gets a bad level up
>he resets to reroll enemy stats
I never do the first and I didn't even know the second was a thing.

9 and 10 both had rng for enemy stats but the variance was pretty low. Thracia for example could roll enemies with 1 or 2 more extra movement and 2 more or less points in a stat their class had a good growth in like -2 or +2 potential speed on pegasus knights. In gba fe the levels are pretty low for most of the game so you dont see stat variation between enemy units of the same level until much later but its still there. In marths games even bosses can reroll their stats.

>random reinforcement pops up in range of unit you left outside of enemy range at the start of enemy phase and kills your unit
>lol dude just deal with it

kys

The game clearly hints when there will be reinforcement spawns and should have conditioned you well enough to avoid reinforcement zones if its an ambush spawn game.
>i put my healer next to a fort that my team is approaching and a reinforcement spawned! Wtf game how was i supposed to know what forts do!

>reinforcements only spawn from forts
kys

Post characters who have canonically taken the dick. I'll start.

Attached: 629046724066967.png (596x812, 937K)

That's just a mark of bad game design, RNG bullshit at every junction

Fine
>i left a unit at the beginning of the chapter after the game has clearly demonstrated to me that reinforcements incentivize me to move forward!
The only reinforcements that are in any way bs are zone triggered reinforcements, endless reinforcements, and effective weapon reinforcements

Only 2 of those are rng and they arent even that big of a deal

it's shit game design no matter how much you try to defend it. Just fuck off.

>Not resetting when a unit dies

Attached: Desprezo infinitp.jpg (500x372, 54K)

i'm too lazy to reset these days. the only time i do it now is if i am like a turn or two deep in a map. if i'm almost done, fuck that noise.

Attached: 1436098349869.jpg (600x600, 75K)

>he resets when he fails gaiden chapter requirements
Not my fault Binding Blade has fucking retarded mechanics for gaiden chapters

isn't 6's just have a certain character alive and beat the map under a set amount of turns? that ain't shit.

>dont kill recruitables and dont turtle the whole map
Wow those are some hard requirements

I do all of that. What the fuck are you going to do about it, bitch?

Nothing but the game is more enjoyable when you just roll through rough patches. You should try it some time

Play faster and prep for reinforcement spawns

>>he resets when he gets a bad level up
no
>>he resets when a unit dies
H*ck frickin yes. I shouldn't be locked out of content because a berserker killed ryoma with a 10% chance
>>he resets when he fails to recruit someone
yes
>>he resets when he misses a village/misses treasure thieves
no
>>he resets to arena abuse
no
>>he resets to reroll enemy stats
dafuq?
>>he resets when he messes up his inventory slots for battle preps
depends
>>he resets when he fails gaiden chapter requirements
no

>hey bro you have to rush this chapter but we're not going to say shit
>hey bro you have to carry this lvl.1 character on a fucking desert map. Oh did I also mention that this is a fog of war chapter?
I'm fine with losing units but the game doesn't even tell you about hidden time limits

If you make a real fire emblem thread don't use mobage art

How good are you?

Attached: fe brain meme.jpg (500x920, 190K)

They clearly mention that the level preceeds a gaiden map

That's not Lucius. Nor Ranulf. Or Any of the lords

Attached: tumblr_pmqcempL7H1wp9d2t_1280.png (1280x1536, 2.05M)

Im not ltc level but i like playing fast and i dont like grinding or resetting

>+1 boost to most useless stat and nothing else on level up
That's called a "design flaw".

Why wouldn't you reset if a unit dies?

Developing a strategy to where you can beat the chapter without losing a unit is fun and helps you get better at the game.

I only ever play to form efficient strats on difficulties above hard mode that are obviously more puzzle oriented than strategy oriented. Usually i just play normal or hard mode and make one fluid playthrough with minimal resetting and minimal casualties

Have all of the sacae/Ilia units alive to access the gaiden chapters (sue, shin/ the pegasus sister)

>he still plays feh

Attached: 1555014054221.jpg (418x464, 99K)

There's nothing to do until 3H

Attached: 2019_04_20_02_55_28.webm (360x640, 2.69M)

>hes looking forward to 3H

Attached: 1553802742353.jpg (1024x768, 62K)

I'm not a cynical, jaded faggot, so yeah.

Attached: Sanaki2.png (172x171, 22K)

gross, not anymore. it's too bloated with shit now.

Attached: 1430881003384.png (540x254, 197K)

i wanna pick up snacki

This. I have to run the level 100% perfectly to feel satisfaction

It’s actually awful now with all the new skills. Refines were a step in the right direction but skill 4’s and hybrid skills ruined the game. Why not let players create hybrid skills from their bases like swift sparrow. Why introduce more and more balance destroying effects like attack lower of def/res and every unit having fucking distant counter built in? Why make yugioh card descriptions? Why not make stellar statlines instead of inflating them with personal weapons and broken exclusive skills? The game just outlived its model

because how would they lure whales into dropping money aside from releasing the same favorite characters in different costumes

>new unit is stronger than older unit
>HAHA WOW FUCKING POWERCREEP, GO EAT A DICK ISIS

>new unit is weaker than older unit
>HAHA WOW WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT? FUCKING USELESS UNIT LMAO FUCK YOU ISIS

The only time I didn't reset when a unit died was when Niime was killed because of the 30000 reinforcements on chapter 21. It was when they finally began to die down and I didn't feel like wasting any more time.

By forcing them via removing free orbs.

I see you didnt at all read my post

Binding blade has so many replacement units that it doesnt feel necessary to reset

I remember a battle in Awakening where you play in a desert and most units can only move 1-2 steps per turn in the sand.

Things were going well until all of a sudden about 6 wyvern riders appear at the start of the chapter, fly halfway across the map and kill my softer units.

I have no issues with reinforcements but they should appear and then allow for a turn to let you try to organize something. On any blind playthrough there is no defending it, adapting by starting the battle over isnt a good design.

Do you guys like being able to choose when to do Paralouges? I'm playing 7 for the first time and the side missions are honestly confusing me. I have gotten a few and never declined them but they seem to actually just move the plot along instead of being "side" quests. Like the Pirate mission for example. I have no idea how the plot could have possibly progressed had I not done that mission. Does it just skip it and fill you in on what would have happened?

>Niime
Have you just not heard of Nosferatu?

Based

They are meant to push you towards the points of conflict or atleast away from spawn. New mystery is an example of a game where ambush spawns incentivize you to move at the pace of marth. Ambush spawns punish you for taking to long to engage groups of enemies by making a huge threatened space, they push you towards playing fast to avoid them or atleast positioning yourself to player phase them when they do spawn. On langs chapter they come from a spot where you can easily divide them and funnel them but if you just try to wall them out then the damage will stack up and you get overwhelmed for playing too passive. I only played awakening once so im not sure how good they are about warning you/conditioning you reinforcements are coming or the quality of the reinforcements. I personally prefer enemies spawning right before player phase to spawning as ambush spawns but people give the mechanic too much flack without giving credit to their design.

Well its a reward for keeping prisoners alive. As a result you get dart and canas and all the items. If all the green units died then you would lose all of that. Idk the story rammifications desu

I never played it, get fucked gachafags

>at Chapter 24 on iron man run (normal mode)
>manakete spam
>rush over to that dragon fuck Jahn and wipe him out in a turn with my broken ass units
>decide to be cheeky and get some XP off of the huge manakete reinforcement army that had formed, despite there being literally one enemy of note left in the game
>plop down Miledy because she's fucking broken
>not actually broken because Binding Blade is not a nice game
>dies in a turn due to taking damage while constantly sweeping the Manaketes with Maltet
I just said fuck it, but then I realized your party carries over for Gaiden maps. Guess I'll just beat Hard Mode. No sweat, right?

nah i totally agree op. the game is much more engaging when you lose units that were precious to you. it makes you feel like shit for not planning better and motivates you to have less casualties in the future. you start relying less on luck strats and rely more on good player phases so you dont lose another unit. the amount of joy you get from keeping a unit alive that was with you from the start and you used for a long time just isnt there when you remove all risk of losing him with resetting all the time. ill still occasionally reset for units if i feel cheated but permadeath is a much more enriching mechanic than people give it credit for. as a side note most games replacement units really are just punishments for losing your growth units, but there are some weird exceptions like fe7 and fe14 where the later game units are amazing compared to their growth counterpart.

I quit FEH shortly after the shitty “anniversary”. I’ve been on FGO for a month now, but the censorship and gimped rewards are starting to worry me. Should I jump back into FEH? Did they fix Aether Raids yet?

Attached: A9832493-A5AD-4EE7-B087-10E790424C71.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

gl with hard mode, you def need to baby some units with marcus for a couple chapters in that mode and it really separates meme units from the good units.

AR was never broken.

Because you're maximizing the gameplay?

Based and truthpilled. FE is pure fucking trash made for brainlets who can't handle real trpgs.

Attached: 1555887459543.jpg (650x576, 60K)

I'm at Chapter 7 and it's too fucking bullshit hard and demotivating to play. My shit dies in less than three hits.

Define 'fix'. It's still a shit mode for whales or people who think dealing with flierballs is fun.

>tfw user think resetting is not in the game design
You can only use that logic in normal mode user.

>being so casual he doesn't always achieve low turn counts
Yikes!

Attached: be68319d9516dd4e0192996f5dc11937.png (550x550, 484K)

>Stay mad, tranny

Seek help tranny-kun

you really have to rely on 2 strats. marcus bait into death ball and divide and conquer. you really need to focus on clearing out the initial wave so you can get the wyverns and cavs done quickly or else you will just get bumrushed by reinforcement cavs. the reinforcement wave from the top can be pretty hard to handle if you dont plan out a very effective player phase for them. dont be afraid to use up your silver lance and killing edge on this chapter, its a huge difficulty spike. if you need to you can reroll the wyverns to have up to 2 less defense than average. whos ur squad rn?

learn how to greentext, newfag

Attached: based.png (1000x720, 484K)

Why maximize bad gameplay?

Git gud. Chapter 7 is the casual filter in the game.

why only in normal mode? hard mode doesnt inherently demand you to 100% the game.

Like I said, seek help tranny-kun

Didn't plan on firing the game up right now, but here's who I've got. I was actually grinding heals off of bosses, because I'm a pussy and want the extra stats. Clarine only has five uses of the Mend staff, but that may have been a bad plan. The Killing Edge Rutger has is really really low, but Shanna has a Silver Lance with 20 uses, so maybe it's recoverable.

Attached: squad.png (1083x708, 140K)

>tranny calling others trannies
O M E G A L U L

FEfags don't like to actually think.

Bring Wolt for the Wvyern riders you retard.

Calm down tranny-kun

I've got Sue and she has the exact same strength (5) and speed (8) as my Wolt does, at level 1, to boot. I actually grinded Wolt a tad bit (level 7) but he didn't get much at all from it.

>Using Wolt on hard mode

I dunno about that one user

wolt does jack shit for damage to them. unless you trained him up hes only getting 18 might from the bow and 4 base str. the wyverns have like 14 defense so realistically you do 8 damage. if you use steel bow you have to bank on garbage hit rates for a 9 damage increase. hes not very impressive on this map.

Who cares? You need archers to kill those wyverns, Sue can't kill them all alone

Wolt at base is still good. Decent chip with soild hit% against the three Wvyern fuckers. Made sure to use a rescue chain skip so Roy can get to Zelot and Noah on 1-2 turn

I don't often say it but... Fpbp

Wolt is soild as fuck in the early game. Decent chip next to Lugh.

How should I manage my units here for such a thing? Seriously, it'd be a godsend if I could get through this shit.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1129x753, 197K)

>Bring Wolt

Attached: 1akinator.png (161x173, 38K)

8 damage is great. Who else but Rugter can actually kill them in one hit?

Yeah, he's good chip when he's free deployment but when he's actually competing for a slot it's a really hard justification. I don't want to use the >GBA Archer meme but it's a hard sell, especially considering how fucking beefy those wyverns are on hard mode. Though if the guy playing actually spent some time leveling him like he said he did, it's probably worth it since 3x damage can salvage most units

>>he resets when he misses a village/misses treasure thieves
>>he resets when he fails gaiden chapter requirements
Nothing wrong with these.

>>he resets to reroll enemy stats
This is a thing?

I just deal with loses on first playthrough. Second I reset/savescum like a bitch

Change your slots. Why the fuck do you have two shitty axes units? Anyway rescue Roy and being him to the right haven't played in forever but you can drop him and have someone cover him so he doesn't get attacked by the knight

There isn't any deployment issues in the first few chapters. 1/2 of the units you have at this point are utter garbage

I'd love to bench Wade/Lot but I do believe they have a purpose early-game, plus my only other spare units are bad archers (Wolt, Dorothy) two healers, fucking Bors and Merlinus.

t.ranny

Wade/lot are terrible, axes users are pure shit in 6. Saul is extra useful healer to have. Merlinus can't die so you can use him as bait if you want.

You need help tranny-kun

I'm still at the 3rd phase in this. I'll enjoy watching mangs and mekkah burn through games like fe6 and 7 (my 2 favorites) with a very low turn count, but I'm not at a level where I minimize turn counts and I'd rather just make it through hector hard mode with a weak team for the challenge.

marcus and dick can pretty much handle the left side so you can set up an armor slayer kill with javelin marcus + dick turn one. sue or a cav can duel the archer on the left just to get him damaged on enemy phase turn 1 and the other cav or even a fighter can bait the armor knight and soldier with a 2 range weapon or just 1 range if you need more damage on the armor. shana can carry roy if shes not doing anything and drop him on player phase 2 in range of either treck or noah. most of your units will be better off taking on the right side but eventually you will want to bring back marcus and dick towards the middle to take on the cavs and wyverns once the right side is all settled. id bring saul over wade personally since hes so dreadful and the second healer is borderline necessary for keeping units healthy enough to player phase.

Thanks for the tips, will consider this when I'm more awake and willing to play this.
About the healers though, all I have is a 5 use Mend staff. Just one.
and there's no armory on Hard Mode
Am I permafucked?

>mangs
>low turn count
hes very entertaining but hes bad at fe. he doesnt minimize his turn count at all unless hes warp skipping or mekkah is holding his hand. on the other hand he beat conquest on lunatic like 4 times which is pretty impressive.

oof this tranny is worked into a seethe. That's a yikes from me, chief

Some FE games have enemies with random stats, why? i dunno i guess ISIS was just lazy

just use heal staves on ur bad healer.

Beating CQ luantic isn't that impressive

Go to a mental ward already tranny-kun

They all do until Awakening

ok retard

Imagine thinking a mode where Marx can solo is "impressive"

>character that doesnt show up for half the game is considered soloing
i can also tell you havent played conquest because its camilla that carries lunatic runs, not xander.

What's the point of playing a game where you have nearly no control over the outcome of your characters and where nearly everything in game is decided by dice rolls? It sounds like a very unfun experience. Fuck Fire Emblem.

>Playing sacred stone
>Ross
>Hehe what a weak little shit
>A couple of chapters of nail biting training
>My best unit

Attached: 54ecf00ca3be41c0d103c21ed0d2a8d5.jpg (596x811, 124K)

Are you mentally disabled? Nevermind you are a FEfag so yes. Marx can solo from the chapter you get him onward. Yeah Camilla is great if you aren't playing casually, otherwise Marx is better.

commit 40% tranny

Nothing wrong with this
Reseting a half hour or more chapter for a unit that died seems like a good punishment

You are really obsessed aren't you tranny-kun

trust me, i understand the getting screwed aspect, but most of the time they turn out pretty good and its satisfying to get good rng on levels
>everything in the game is decided by dice rolls
and yet people still play dnd, craps, risk, etc. its almost like people dont really find rolling the dice unfun.
beautiful art friend

Attached: we like ike.png (1001x729, 1013K)

Give a list of beaten Emblems desu
>Fire emblem GBA
>Fire embelm GBA (Roy)
>Fates
>Awakening (First one)

Attached: 98a05b967d512bf904b9358d1f73cb31.jpg (596x811, 110K)

It's a series made for the mentally stunted.

I have yet to find someone who claims the Wizardry series to be fun.

gaiden, thracia776, binding blade, fe7, fe8 (first one), path of radiance, radiant dawn, shadow dragon, awakening, conquest, echoes, warriors. currently working on new mystery hard mode and its great so far.

I beat them all but FE1, 2, Revelations, and 15 (the most mind-numbing shit I've ever played in FE)

nigger

13-15

Lol, hes not bad at fe, hes just not speed runner like mekkah, mekkah was actually known for getting some turn count high scores before going to YouTube. I love them both, but just cause their not on the same level doesnt make mangs casual. Mangs does better when hes playing on his own than when hes with mekkah, cause desu with mekkah he just adopts a more joking mindset and goofs off to joke with mekkah instead of focus on the game. Alone hes really good, at least way better than most the rest of fe YouTube as well as any and every fe fan I've met in person. Most all fans I've come across cant even beat fe6 hard mode, hector hard mode or conquest lunatic, it's just the top 5% hardcore player base that makes him look bad by comparison.

If you think echoes is mind numbing just wait until you play fe2

Get a room and dilate with a double-sided pipe.

Attached: cathatslap.gif (600x600, 171K)

All of them but
Revelations (Never touching that shit), thracia (Waiting for the new patch) and NuMystery/3

Attached: 1546836057647.gif (340x340, 148K)

Seek lots of help tranny-kun

Watch out he's going to call you a tranny

Resetting when shitters die and babying shit units for exp is an easy way to despise playing the game. What a colossal waste of time and fun.

I'm never going to touch it. Fuck that shit.

Attached: dagda.jpg (506x600, 132K)

Every single one

I've played all of them but the only ones I didn't beat were the NES games, Revelations and Echoes

Played Fe1, Fe6, Fe7, Fe8, Path of Radiance, Fe1 ds remake, awakening, fates, feh, still want to get to Fe2 remake on 3ds, whatever it was called

So iron man runs are for casuals? I've been wanting to try doing one, but I feel it just makes the game easier since your party will eventually dwindle down to a highly leveled commando team who can enemy phase the entire map.

>Fe2 remake on 3ds
You don't

And then your god unit is killed and you have a crisis. Or you miss a crucial item and cant reset for it. Or if your thief or fliers or healers dies early good fucking luck

Why do people dislike it? I havent played it yet but I honestly thought fans would like the callback to oldschool fe games, so I dont know what its problems are.

it's problem is that it's a faithful FE2 remake.

It's a shitty game even for FE standards. Bad gameplay, terrible story and characters, and the music and art is pure dogshit only liked by the mentally ill

>Gaiden
>Oldschool FE game
Gaiden is the least "Fire Emblem" Fire Emblem game. And being oldschool doesn't mean you can't be bad, Gaiden is easily the worst game in the series.

Okay, but explain. Is it cause it's not doing the waifu shit awakening and fates did? Cause that's not really a reason for me against it. I played fe1 but not fe2, fe1 was alright as was its ds remake, kind of a let down from what I loved about the GBA games which are still my favorite, but I can understand the first game being difficult cause its rudimentary like how ff1 was for the nes, when you consider how old those games are.

the maps are abysmal, there isnt that much weapon variety, there arent that many classes and basically no replacement units, theres lots of grinding, enemies are retarded like the summoners and zombie dracos. really the only redeeming factors are the characters and the writing. the art is nice but the music is just revamped gaiden music and worse than what we heard they are capable of from awakening. its like a 4/10 game, i can see why people like it because it really does have a lot of love put into it when it comes to writing but my god is it boring as fuck to play.

OP is dead on. I like just rolling with unit deaths because it's part of the unique story you tell with each play through. Sometimes the plucky rookie dies within 5 minutes of being introduced. In another universe, that rookie goes on to be one of the leading heroes.

>not immediately drinking from ever fountain you encounter in Nethack until you get a free wish from a water spirit
what are you, a casual?

>really the only redeeming factors are the characters and the writing
Both these things are shit

These are literally the only ones that are okay.
If you disagree you are wrong

The game gets the stick out of its ass after Ostia and almost calms down a little too much. If you can beat the map with Zealot you can pretty much say you've beaten the game

>tfw someone like Lot nails their growths on a hard playthrough
Always a breath of fresh air when you stomp shit with someone other than the usual crowd

Okay, I appreciate the explanation. I saw how you are actually using an army to assault and defend castles and I thought as a concept that's a cool concept. In fe8 my favorite level was the massive castle defense late game, it was high level foes that kept coming and as a kid reminded me of a helms deep scenario.

I guess the execution is what's the problem, cause the art style looked really good to me and while I havent played it yet, from a distance I couldnt really see any problems with the characters, and they seemed a lot more of what I wanted over stuff in fates like arthur or peri or most the child characters, but again that's only from a glance so before playing I still cant tell how good or bad the characters and story are.

the game really does cool down for a bit but thats mostly because you start getting so many more options and much more experience in a short amount of time and the enemy quality just doesnt keep up like it does in the early game. still pretty tough afterwards but its not as tormenting as 4-7. i almost always try to train lott even if axes suck because his defense and hp growth are off the god damn chain. you dont really get any good axe units in the game besides gonzales, percival, and maybe a stat boosted echidna so you might as well try to make lot work while he has no competition. ward is irredeemable however.

assaulting castles really doesnt work that well in a game like this. there are a lot of good indoor maps like in fe8 but maps where you start outside a castle just to slowly treck your army through like 5 archers behind a wall in shitty terrain to fight like 15 low quality enemies inside and then still have to go hunt down the fucking archers and healers and stupid bullshit they throw in every corner of the map after you basically beat the level already is extremely boring. most maps have this structure of having a singular point of conflict with a load of low quality enemies and then maybe one super god unit who is just a pain in the ass to kill. when it comes to the castle maps its just worse because the layout of the map makes it take longer and it makes it harder to kill annoying enemies like archers and shit. indoor maps and outdoor maps are much better than sieging maps or whatever you want to call them imo. also i know exactly that chapter ur talking about when ur in rausten protecting lrachels uncle on that defense map, its a super good chapter.

desu

The more I look at Project Exile's script the more I dislike it.

Gotcha, that makes a lot of sense the way you describe it. I've really loved the castle defense chapters, like the one mentioned in fe8 but also a couple really good ones from path of radiance, so I guess I was kind of assuming itd be more of that but I didnt think about how aggravating it would be in the enemies position trying to siege a defender castle.

I guess I've also maybe just been spoiled with good map design from most the fe games I've played so far, I so I havent had much of a taste for an fe with mostly bad/terrible map design.

Maybe this semen slurping series isn't for me
Advance wars is better

you enjoying wargroove?

Dont remind me of what we've lost. That and f-zero need to be brought back from the fucking dead before I buy a switch.

Just promote Deke already.

you dont get the heroes crest until this very map

So get it on the village ASAP and use it.

Yeah the project lead is a faggot