Is Mortal Kombat 11 going to be good?

Is Mortal Kombat 11 going to be good?

Attached: MK11CoverArt_01.jpg (1332x850, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=35OmR38f6_M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll find out in five hours

it looks like a fun romp to play with buddies and not play super-seriously. I give the studio credit for experimenting with the formula a bit, might not be successful who knows. the controversies surrounding the costumes/endings/etc. is getting pretty draining though, i just wanna play some ultra violent games without caring about twitter politics

Is it care about the politics but I’m disheartened that the cool armors are borderline impossible to obtain without money

No.

Attached: dog respecter.jpg (577x307, 32K)

it's kino and a lot of fun to play.
youtube.com/watch?v=35OmR38f6_M

>not play super-seriously.
the FUCK does that even mean?
It's a fucking vido game. It's genuine question.

Attached: 1555599788459.jpg (470x270, 15K)

Nope. Aside from selling out WB have made sure the grind is absolutely painful with people reporting shit like the krypt is completely random so you can't even use a guide to find the best shit like you could in previous games. Not to mention the plot is complete shit like Kitana killing Shao Kahn with a wound less intense than Kang punching a fist through him, or Dark Raiden being written out of the plot in the first 2 mins.

I don’t care**

Is the Krypt still going to be filled with jumpscares?

t. biggest pussy on Yea Forums

>It's genuine question.
I'll invest more time and study into a fighting game like Tekken, but with mortal kombat I can get a kick out of it on a simpler level and not worry as much about trying to get really good and just goof around more with my pals

I hope people complain enough until they fix the grind.

Attached: Flat Fish.png (507x642, 423K)

It looks like a dissapointment, and i am talking about gameplay, not the other polítical bullshit. Looks like a bland MKX

It won't happen. It's purposely designed by WB to wear down casual players making them buy the time crystal packs to bypass it.

The animations still look pretty bad and I'm skeptical NRS can make a good fitan. I'm sure it'll have impressive production values and singleplayer though.

I'll probably just keep playing soulcalibur and unist (and samsho)

there's enough depth in MK to satisfy everyone.
Newcomer to series or genre would have to sacrafice a LOT of time to pull shit that's done during tournaments.

>good
>game censor a small joke easter egg

Attached: 1554782820278.png (584x310, 282K)

Enjoy the movie lmao

Attached: 4 HOURS.png (215x166, 69K)

They changed the guy's belt?

Attached: normal_looking_woman.jpg (1353x1317, 276K)

The cyborgs are just npcs, and not going to be dlc or unlockables, fuck boon

I'm just saying, for me personally I won't be trying as hard in MK as I would another fighter but I'll still get a big kick out of it even if I'm just playing mid level, plus my few fightan buddies don't like Tekken as much as I do so I don't might breaking away from it to play with the lads

didn't you know? it's a white pride symbok

So it's better to not have that?
What are you even saying you retarded fuck?

I bet you're the one buing these sexy outfits in other games.
Cringe.

Holy fucking shit

the commie is rigth tho
> “We want developers to have artistic freedom”
> “Ok then we are going to stop making lewd costumes”
> “WAIT NO”

I like to have gameplay you faggot

Let's see, neutered the character designs
Grindy and loaded with microtransactions
Involves time travel so the story is most likely a mess and makes it pointless to be invested in any past, present, or future story events
The roster is piss poor
I wouldn't buy it, but then again I didn't buy MKX either

Even if I hadn't cancled my order based upon principles this would have done it. Wasn't happy about it in X but that's one game, rosters change and all that, but 11? Armageddon scenario? fuck off.

Play online?

Attached: (You) Retard.jpg (1024x537, 50K)

finna be woke

>4 hours of cutscenes is long

Attached: 1554488343367.jpg (540x564, 67K)

then play vs AI or multiplayer versus modes.

Does campaign means there are no other modes?

What the fuck are you trying to say you massive fucking idiot? You're getting more than in other titles and you're complaining.

What the fuck, is this ruse?

Attached: 1548455086456.jpg (602x748, 174K)

he's a fag but he's got a point, artistic freedom goes both ways

>NRS game
>full price
>with abusive microtransactions

there's literally zero chance it will be good

>You're getting more than in other titles and you're complaining.
Not him but according to people who've been playing the game the single player content is downgraded quite a bit from Injustice 2 with the time towers being an absolute chore.

>hey ed, look at my new design for kitana!
>that's great but make her flat chested and have no ass
>he ed, look at my design cassie cage!
>that's great but make her flat chested and have no ass. also make her face a little uglier
>hey ed here's my design for jade!
>that's great but cover her up, remove the tits and ass

yeah I'm so glad these developers expressed their disgust for the female form.

you're fucking delusional if you think that they just up and decided to change the core aesthetics of half of their cast in a multi-decade old series and that this decision wasn't made by a vocal minority of powerful decision makers within the studio

Can someone explain what makes MK games more casual than Tekken or some other pro fighting game? I don't play any.
Does MK have less complicated combos or something?

It looks like fun though.

>hey ed
you're retarded if you think its like that, it's much more likely

>hey ed here's some designs
>wow I like this one and this one
>WB : hey ed, kids on twitter don't like boobies anymore, scrap those designs

have sex

>WB : hey ed, kids on twitter don't like boobies anymore, scrap those designs
Imagine being so indoctrinated you think Warner Brothers would argue against cucking the character designs

Attached: 1555691205063.jpg (497x458, 68K)

>the call of duty of fighting games
No

We have proof it's pretty much like that. Look at the concepts for X.

Attached: o58nAoM.jpg (1920x1080, 296K)

maybe, maybe not.
Quality is separate thing.

It just blows my mind that somebody can complain that there ae a lot of cutscenes in a singleplayer campaign in series heavily focused (for a genre) on stories, lore (again- not judging quality).

What would be a gameplay solution for having less cutscenes? Just more boring fights one after another? For what reason and point?

It's a fighting game. You can't make it fucking Tomb Raider or Call of Duty.

Attached: 1548458153179.png (781x507, 171K)

God I fucking love Mileena

Attached: 34534534.png (733x844, 584K)

Oh the things we could have

Attached: 1554562708782.jpg (434x532, 51K)

All fighting games are the CoD of fighting games. Each franchise has 800 different versions and they almost all look identical and plan almost exactly the same

I got the game early from an indie store who give no fucks about release dates. The grind for the four types of currency is real and with the Krypt chests being all RNG it'll be a nightmare getting the brutalities/fatalities you want.

The story mode is a history eraser button, literaly, if anyone wants spoilers just say.

Gameplay is actually pretty good, I like how the split the gauges between offence and defence and how the xray attacks are also seperate, makes you want to use them more often which is fun.

Tekken is really obtuse even by fighting game standards and has jack shit for tutorials, so maybe a better comparison would be to SFV or unist or soulcalibur.

With that said I don't actually play MK, the only thing I know about it is that you hold a button to block instead of holding back so crossups aren't a thing. But I don't consider that enough to make a game "casual" all on its own.

Just give me the story.

What did they do instead of actually advancing the new storyline where Raiden was going full beast mode and going after all Earthrealm enemies

That new face looks so fucking bad in-game.

The concept art was okay, but if they wanted her to have lips why didn't they just give her some fucking lips over her existing shark-mouth? She just looks fucking silly now.

Attached: frosts.jpg (4096x4552, 3.08M)

its already confirmed shit, even the journos are giving low scores for an AAA shill game
you cant claim artistic freedom when you have political activists intimidating artists and their creative freedom to produce the end result we see here

Gameplay will be fine I'm sure but this is Yea Forums so don't expect anyone to talk about the actual GAME part of a video game.

Raiden realises that bald Dr Who has been fucking with time for longer than they thought and does a DBZ fusion with Liu Kang to make him a God, then they go back to the creation point of the universe and re-write it all from scratch with Raiden as a mortal who will die of old age eons before the human race even evolves out of the sea.

>even the journos are giving low scores for an AAA shill game
It's below Injustice 2 and you can be sure WB will be very upset with NRS for this.

>the Jade one

Attached: 1487359568134.png (604x717, 814K)

>Mortal Kombat
>good

Wow. That is certainly better than developing a setting that was starting to grow beyond the original series and getting their own identity.

Who cares about new realms

>A frozen reference
This literally is pop references: the game isn't it? they've turned MK into Borderlands.

I mean they've said they're done with MK so I'm not sure what you were expecting

Cassie Cage literally dabs

Attached: Al.webm (640x480, 390K)

Sorry, who said that?

WB?

Why do you assume its them bending to "political activists" and a decision they made on their own, as they've stated several times already?

Its a fucking stupid decision given the franchises's history of bucking norms and not caring about being controversial but you need to stop politicizing it because it just validates the decision and makes everyone who agrees with it feel vindicated. You're hurting your own cause by squealing about muh SJWs and Muslim Kombat, it just makes you and everyone else who doesn't like it look like stupid shitheels.

Fuck off, the microtransactions and treadmill to "earn" them are absurd and are 100% pure cancer. This is the actual reason the game shouldn't be supported, FUCK microtransactions and FUCK the game for being designed this way. Its a grindfest because they know enough people will say "fuck that" and open their wallets instead. These publishers have fucking psychologists working for them telling them how to design this shit to get the responses they want from the "whale" customer base.

I haven't seen this yet

Attached: Bug Bitch.jpg (184x168, 25K)

To be fair, they did develop Jax by turning him into a massive pussy. Jackie is a non-character as well, but no one liked her to begin with. Cassie is the only one of the Kombat Kids they take anywhere

Too much violence and sexy women I'm guessing.
Did they really have so little faith in their product that they no longer wanted to continue the series?

>Fuck off, the microtransactions and treadmill to "earn" them are absurd and are 100% pure cancer.
>just now posting about this now after you spent the entire thread talking about politics instead

Just admit you never gave a shit about the game and are mad you got called out for being a /pol/ tourist.

>in the West

Lol literally what do MAGA autists mean by this? You're free to move to Saudi Arabia or China any time you want.

Jackie could be developed, though. Kung Jin was pretty lame too, but he seemed to be developing by the end of MKX as a characters.

This time crisis plotline just stops any type of development.

First post ITT faggot

Stop supporting microtransaction cancer and stop being a fucking muppet /pol/shitter.

If you made nothing but MK and MK knockoffs for 30 years you'd want to do something else too.

>D'vorah killed Mileena
>D'vorah killed Ferra and Torr off screen
>D'vorah killed Hanzo

Attached: dvorah sindel.jpg (960x849, 48K)

>Stop supporting microtransaction cancer
I don't pay for in-game stuff so I literally don't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's actually fucking hilarious, they set up Kotal as becoming hardened and then he gets paralized so just gives up the thrown to Kitana who unites Outworld and you're like 'oh shit this is going somewhere'

and then they LITERALLY rewind the fucking cutscenes and undo everything, I was laughing my ass off

Based Bug Bitch

If they were that bored they could try doing something new with the gameplay rather than the same fighting game year after year

>Why do you assume its them bending to "political activists" and a decision they made on their own, as they've stated several times already?
because they would have come up with it on their own at any point in the last 30 years, instead they decided to do it as they were praising anita on twitter and regurgitating her quotes since MKX. the evidence is quite clear.

I actually like the storymode so far, it's what you expect from a Mortal Kombat game.

I couldn't get over how awful Sonya sounds

yass queen slaay

>nu-Mileena
Kill yourself.

Attached: 4F39AD9E-57ED-4982-B5B1-11A2164F1510.gif (532x423, 3.83M)

The only thing worse than Sonya's VA was Jackie's arcade ending.

How's her ending

>Easter egg makes or breaks a game
Shallow faggot

It's going to be like every other MK. Good if you want to mindlessly unlock shit but still terrible by fighting game gameplay standards.

Kek

>In-game mileena model literally has more tit showing than the concept art.
What is the point you're trying to make.

Attached: mileena-mortal-kombat-wallpapers-59143-3056758.jpg (1920x1080, 141K)

If you are unable to use yours eyes then I doubt you'd understand the explanation.

what makes mortal kombat so bad ? I'm genuinely curious, i used to play fighters a lot wheen i was a kid, MK 4, tekken 3, DOA, etc but i've only fairly recently wanted to get back into them and other than the dedicated blocking instead of holding back i don't see any major differences between MK and other fighting games, i feel it can't be that horrible if it's been going for this long. I'm considering buying it so i've been looking up a lot of review etc and even people who play fighting games as their job don't seem to think it's a bad game.

Today on the Kombat Kast they actually addressed that. They're gonna fix it, that's what I love about Netherrealm.

>459548709
Do any of the MK women show any skin?

>reviews and people who have played say the gameplay is solid
>Story is good but it ends in an unsatisfactory way and some of it is stupid but probably not more than X was. Stone Ocean flashbacks
>Tower is super bullshit and them and Krypt are painful grinds
they said that a patch is coming out to change the Krypt and Towers so it should be fine
but It also makes me think they had a patch ready to go if people started complaining too much about the grind/mtx baiting

How can a developer be this cucked?

>Pop references: the game

You might not be old enough to know this but MK was always that

user I think you're the blind one. Here's the in-game skin next to all of the concept art. You can very clearly see that the design that made it into the game shows more titty than all of them. You cannot argue with this. You have lost. Sorry retard.

Attached: sss.png (2468x862, 1.88M)

dead in less than a month

>People bitching about pop culture references
>People bitching about character redesigns
>People bitching about an ending where Jax tries over and over until the world is a utopia for everyone and not just blacks

You faggots were never going to play the game regardless because the only legitimate complaints are them lying about unplayable character fights in story mode and the absolute horse shit grind to unlock any cool stuff

>Jax tries over and over until the world is a utopia for everyone and not just blacks
nice try nigger, everyone hates blacks

Why is it just about tits with you?

You have been completely destroyed on all fronts with no chance of recovery. Stop responding to me.

Why do all shills talk like non-humans?

I thought I told you to stop talking to me. You can't beat me and you never will. You are a weak pussy.

>I thought I told you to stop talking to me. You can't beat me and you never will. You are a weak pussy.

Attached: 1555970534719.png (212x238, 7K)

Your replies were all about tits in an argument that didn't even mention them and now you're talking like some script reading 40yo paid shill living in India. The fuck is even going on.

I am the king and my crown will not be taken.

Attached: Capture.png (565x162, 9K)

Frost is a robot that doesn't have any skin to show other than her head.

Attached: frost headless.png (1325x753, 1.15M)

Ed’s own comments contradict this narrative faggot

And my response was a demonstration of outfits showing more than just tits, if you're tit focused why didn't you reply to him instead? stop being triggered over skin lad.

>trusting Boon
Dohohoho

Oh sorry I probably misunderstood you. My B.

>is there a wiki or something
kek

She passes very well as a bong

I’m gonna be in the minority and say Mortal Kombat designs have never ever been good. All the ninjas looked ax’s rly the same and no character has any unique or interesting design element. People are just noticing now because no tits to fall back on.

Then why the fuck does she have full internal blood, organs and bones in the fatalities?

Attached: gore.png (1210x699, 1.03M)

Hes saying the story is shit you cock gobbling faggot unicorn nigger. And hes right, the story is fucking trash concoted by trans eunuch cocksuckers of which you are undoubtedly a fan of.

Frost gameplay looks ass. Who asked for her? Could have just gave us rain man, shit

Kotal just slams her

I had wanted Frost for MKX and imagined her as a speedy trap laying counter to Sub-Zero's tank like attacks and also hoped she would be Sub's version of Scorpions disciple and they wouldn't tread down the betrayal thing again especially after the comics hinted at a rivalry with Cassie. MK11 managed to shit on all my hopes.

She's honestly not that bad looking
6-7/10

These are edited, right?

More like a 5, but for bongs she is an 8

No?
>Move Variations
>Shitty Roster and Character Design
Mortal Kombat was always shit and since X, it's become irredeemable

Oh God no

Nah, Deception was goat.

I love how Cassie got a massive injection of zoomer on top of being cuter

>deeper than gender
>gender
There it is again. People who don't know the difference between gender and sex using the terminology wrong.

>the difference between gender and sex using the terminology wrong

Attached: 1555729875750.jpg (349x372, 33K)

mk devs jumped the shark

Frost doesn't have genitals anymore, I doubt she cares

Looks like even in fighting games the japs are gonna btfo western developers this year

Attached: SamSho.jpg (1200x675, 152K)

Yeah. Only thing that matters is the gameplay and it looks fucking great, characters looks better than ever for the most part too. Customization looks really cool, I always spent at least 100 hours on the last few installments. Real excited to jump back into the series.

No

>Can't even write netcode
Nope

jesus christ what a mess

On the contrary
Gender is the term frosted flakes use
Sex is what she means in this context, but the dipshit writers used the term gender because it's more woke

Nu Mileena sucked.
Glad she's dead.

>playing fighters on the web
What are you, gay?

I miss konquest mode.

Ok. Enjoy your tranny fighting simulator online

I miss MK

It'll be just like the last four NRS games where normies will eat it up like pigs with shit, then drop it after a week or two when they realize they don't have the patience to play fighting games at a high level.

Hope so.
It's pretty shit that Japs dropped the ball so hard this gen.

It's cringe garbage not buying it

I miss tits.

That is every fighting game though

I don't play anime games
Anyone who plays fighters for more than a week

Not an argument, there’s no excuse for Japanese fighting games to have shitty netcode when their western counterparts bothered to improve

MK sells a fuck ton more than every fighting game, and has the sharpest drop off because of it.

While i agree that jap games need a better online, a good netcode alone doesnt make a fighting game good

Is the nigga you replied unironically implying NRS does good netcode cause Injustice and MKX were fucking jokes.

they just couldn't compete

Attached: T7FR_Alisa.jpg (540x675, 58K)

>Frost even takes her head off
Oh man they were totally trying to make their own version of Alisa weren't they? talk about a fucking failure to understand.

she even has some fucking flying dive move. i dont know what they were thinking with her. she looks like a huge joke

No, at least not for me. No Reptile, Smoke or Mileena, lame newcomers (3d era lame), story is basically ANOTHER reset button (but done much worse than what MK9 did), costumes are half ok and half capeshit, the double standards are annoying (that are explained by the blatant sjw bullshit, not even hidden, "woke" being actually used, shao saying "MAGA", etc...), the lootboxes bullshit

Its all around a undesirable experience, its a fucking shame what happened but it is what it is, i can only hope mk12 is good, because if it isnt this will be 10+ years of no mk for me.

>No Reptile
this really sold it to me to skip this game. how could you have no reptile?
the roster is fucking weird. noob saibot is dope though but weird he skipped a game.
now smokes getting that treatment if he doesn't end up as dlc

>looks like a huge joke
Tagline for MK11 right there.

Kotal kills her out the fucking gate with that one

They kept that stupid style bullshit instead of doing what the fans want, having their favorites, i would cut all the variants if it meant we got all classics instead of this "skip one game" bullshit they are doing, and before anyone else tries to reply with
>but muh time and resources to animate and model
Fuck off, MK9 and X sold gangbusters, why are they wasting money on shit no one cares like MMO voice actresses instead of the important shit for the fans. Not to mention this isnt a fucking tiny jap dev team, this is fucking WARNER, i think we hav enough money to have more characters than the exact same number for 3 consecutive titles that arent Pre-order bullshit or shit DLC.

FUCK.

are any of you guys gonna get it on PC? i dont really wanna grab it for ps4 because paying for online sucks.

the variants really do blow ass. they scrap characters like reptile and give some of his shit to various characters.
sub zero doesn't have ice clone anymore for some reasons and geras gets some sand clone shit? i dunno i am just not a fan of variants. its just a nightmare for balancing and makes the system wonky

and seems like they scrapped the run button?

that's funny, get the stick out of your ass

>and seems like they scrapped the run button?
They have, basically they are trying to prey on the current disappointed SF crew by making the game more footsies and spacing heavy and less of the combo and aggressive style MK always had.

Again, dissing what the old fans appreciate for a "new" vision.

its crazy how like half the cast has some sort of teleport and fast as fuck projectile.

it would be funny if the rest of the game wasn't such a travesty.
>removed johnny doing the circle game because muh alt right symbol
Fucking cucks.

It just looks like the meta will be really annoying. If they wanted to innovate they should just have gone for a tag focused game instead.

PC or PS4
PC doesn't require monthly sub and i have enough controllers to play with people but im afraid online will be dead
PS4 requires the online sub plus i need to get another controller for my bros, online will be good though

based noob

Does my download start t 12? Never digitally preordered before

there is literally no difference between gender and sex. Gender is listed on people's birth certificates back in the day you college campus faggot

That's the dealbreaker for you, huh?

you shills are so easy to spot its hilarious

I usually get all the Evo games on release, but I think I'm skipping this one until at least it's in the discount bins. I really didn't expect this with SF being as shit as it is right now.

Usually with my crew, I buy it on release, we play it for a day, or two, maybe a week if it's good then go back to the main games.

The glow in the dark niggas in this thread are hillarious.

>there's enough depth in MK to satisfy everyone.
LOL.

What purpose is there for me to shill? I’ve never preordered something digitally before so I had no idea how it works out

>im just going to ask a really stupid question about buying this game for gay men that can easily be googled

It's about hypocrisy and clearly the fags working there have zero artistic vision or integrity.

Less than 2 hours left