So who do you think would win in a fair fight?

So who do you think would win in a fair fight?
>Some Radioactive eldritch mutt who's a junkie for radioactive space meth, whose goal is to get the galaxy hooked on said space meth by any means necessary
>A soulless genetic copy of a bounty hunter whose sole purpose is to propogate its own species by killing anything that isn't itself, assimilate the DNA of the host, and turn itself into a super-mutt capable of murder-fucking anything with sheer genetic adaptability
Yes, this is a Metroid Thread. Discuss.

Attached: Dark Samus v. SA-X.png (973x499, 327K)

My money's on the space junkie, assuming the mutated Phazon suit can withstand an Ice Beam blast.

SA-X is just a random monster that gets fucking thrashed constantly, and only had Samus on the run because of the freeze ray. Dark Samus on the other hand was its own intelligence, cooperating with the space pirates ling enough to get what it wanted before murdering everything. SA-X is literally just a wild animal in comparison to Dark Samus, which is a vicious and experienced poacher. Dark Samus is infinitely superior to SA-X in every way, except in fear factor; SA-X is legit scary in its game for a time, while Dark Samus is that really fucking tough enemy that just won't stay dead no matter how many times it gets killed.

They're both inferior to Ridley though.

The real question to keep in mind, though, is whether or not Dark Samus' Metroid DNA would hold up against an attempted X-infestation or if it's just too mutated and meshed together to really work out
Remember that when Dark Samus first appeared she too was also just some wild animal more or less. Maybe not a legitimate brainlet, but the junkie did beat the shit out of anything that stood in between her and her sweet blue fix.
I agree though that Dark Samus would have the upper hand, just depends on if the Metroid DNA works out or not

bumping with obvious shit.

Attached: 1546845323093.jpg (1440x1080, 398K)

>a metroid cosplaying as metroid killer
vs
>metroid food cosplaying as metroid killer with ice guns
i think both would die but ill bet on dark samus since shes a bigger freak

Attached: 1549060952018.png (1024x768, 343K)

Blue goo mommy wins. Unless the literal retard SA-X can manage to blow up Phaze, Dark Samus just won't die. And considering that the SA-X didn't use a majority of it's equipment, it's doubtful it could even get off whatever rock/station the fight takes place on.

Attached: 1547884482188.jpg (721x1200, 121K)

wait how the fuck would both die?
SA-X maybe but would the sheer fuck-all of the fact that both are cosplaying as a blonde metroid-killer just fuck their shit up immensely?
is it because that since both would probably have powerbombs and supermissiles, one more radioactive than the other, both would just nuke the shit out of each other and the entire continent they're inhabiting?

>This wasn't a skin for D.Samus in smash
Still mad.

We can be mad together user

Attached: 1545603310244.png (1280x720, 806K)

Space junkie literally eats Sa-x due to metroid heritage

honestly Dark Samus should have kept this look in 3 then throughout the game mutated even further becoming a true amalgam of the various other hunters it absorbed until you end up with some weird ass mutant techno-skeleton that no longer resembles Samus in the slightest

>x parasite vs metroid
wow I wonder
Dark Samus even has more powerful Samus tech than SA-X got

>spoiler
yeah
until they become metroid and X parasite again and dark samus eats SAX

Attached: 1531453470425.jpg (500x375, 31K)

>They make mii costumes to sell but not alts for already existing characters
I'd buy alt costumes if they were all bundled and weren't sold seperately like the retarded mii outfits are

what about deleting ZSS and using skeleton form dark samus as the basis for an entirely new character instead of an echo?

Chad Metroids anally fuck virgin X parasite daily.

Dark Samus didn't have the ice beam weakness though.
And Samus wasn't really physically changed in any way beyond her suit's refitting by her metroid DNA injection so it seems even the smallest hint of the stuff makes one immune to X.

I personally just want to see if there is a way to merge the two, as a creature with the power of Phazon, the X and Metroids Prime would be quite a foe to face.

SACKS
ESS AY ECKS
SAY ECKS
How do you pronounce SA-X, Yea Forums?

I mean, technically speaking you could merge the two together simply by throwing Phazon at an X-Parasite, since Phazon is such a powerful mutagenic that it either kills anything near it or mutates it to such a point that its DNA would probably be unrecognizable compared to its original

>eldritch

Attached: 1546050241104.jpg (307x323, 29K)

>implying magic space meth far beyond the reach of Federation Space isn't eldritch

Attached: whip concept.jpg (588x907, 80K)

In a fair 1 on 1 fight, Dark Samus wins due to being a Metroid which is an automatic game over for a X parasite. However, the X parasite's main threatening characteristic is the fact that it can multiply itself, like at the end of Fusion with the tons of SA-X's running around at Samus' peak power. So in a fight where anything goes, I imagine Dark Samus having difficulty dealing with an army of heartless Super Metroid tier Samus copies.

Attached: 16352362362.jpg (1191x670, 129K)

she could always nuke the planet they're on and see how the SA-X react to the vacuum of space

There are at least 10 SA-X
Dark Samus stands no chance

phazon is several times more powerful and shows minimal inter dimensional capabilities (especially with dark samus). It wouldn't even be a fair fight

>they're both inferior to ridley
phazon corrupted ridley, X did as well (but only a fossilized/frozen ridley)

What if they fuck and become Super Samus, conclude they can become more complete by fucking real Samus and thats the plot of the new game?

Attached: The_Entire_Egg.gif (360x346, 648K)

>1 Predator-tier Metroid mutt
>Vs 12 brainlet-tier Super-Metroid power-level Samus clones unga-bunga-ing their way across the planet
>Perhaps even more
Imagine

Probably fine since at least some of those X has also absorbed Ridley DNA or were replicated from X that did.

phaaze is pretty eldrich

>Super Samus
I don't wanna call you a fucking retard, but Super Samus does exist.
It's called Super Metroid

Then they would have already escaped the station instead of having to wait for the incoming Federation ship to be their ticket to freedom.

Okay, how about SPSX
Super Phazon Samus X

here's the problem
killing SA-X is difficult but possible
killing Dark Samus however appears to be fully impossible unless you take out Phaaze in the process
so you have an enemy that endlessly replicates vs an enemy that endlessly regenerates

Dark Samus would win, because Dark Samus, though mutated beyond recognition, is in fact a metroid.
Metroids were created specifically to kill the X parasite, so a freak ass overpowered mutant metroid should be even better at it.

>implying that isnt exactly what happened
Why do you think the SA-X wanted the Omega Metroid dead more than Samus in its last moments?

The second one. It's S.amus A.ran X

>dark samus/phaaze (cannot kill dark samus without killing phaaze)
>highly intelligent
>not constrained to phaaze or phaaze-like environments
>cross dimensional capabilities
>no weaknesses, have to fight its strengths
>corrupts and recruits literally anything in the galaxy
>phaaze is hidden in a corner of the galaxy, constantly infecting other planets. Takes the entire GF fleet to even have a chance at stopping it

>SA-X
>BTFO by a single omega metroid swipe
>Aeion/X-parasites constrained on SR-388 environments
>weak to a bunch of shit
>low intelligence, distracted by even baby metroids
>only reason it was ever a threat was because the fusion suit has metroid ice weakness embedded in it
>cloning capabilities
>do not have to destroy SR-388 to kill (although dropping a single space station on it destroys it anyway)

I'd give SA-X a good 5 seconds before it died

E3 2019?

Attached: MSR_Chozo_Memory_11.png (512x256, 243K)

Sa minus by

Ess Ay Ecks.

>who would win?
La Creatura...

Attached: 1545853544254.png (834x1059, 54K)

>Dark Samus' Metroid DNA would hold up against an attempted X-infestation
Of course, it is the METROID PRIME we're talking about here. Literally MADE for EATING X.

Omega pirates don't factor into Dark Samus, does it?

phazon suit

Oh, that's just Samus + phazon though. Phazon that came out of the Omega Pirate, but still just phazon.

the entire omega pirate fell on samus, infusing its DNA into the suit. metroid prime takes the suit at the end of prime

Have SAY ECKS

that sounds like something straight out of an magical girl anime or a god damn Mecha anime
It sounds like SA-X, Samus, and Dark Samus turned into a super robot controlled by all three of them.
that would sure get ACFag's non-existent dick hard

The SA-X has the real versions of the plasma beam, screw attack, power bombs, speed booster, etc.

Don't fool yourself.
Metroid 5 is not going to be at E3.

> Literally MADE for EATING X.
Other way around buddy

Attached: 1496333167833.jpg (500x500, 108K)

What's makes you say that when it's been hinted at since last year I'll go as far as to say since 2017? plus it would work wonders to announce it and Metroid Prime Trilogy at E3 this year, MPT for this year, Metroid 5 for next year.

Are you misremembering Fusion?
Because Metroids are immune to and eat X parasites. They were engineered by the Chozo to wipe out the X when they found them on SR 388.

Anyways, considering that in built weakness I'd say the SA-X loses to Dark Samus. Maybe if it consumed an Ing instead of a hornoad it would be able to pull off an assimilation (we saw Dark Metroids possessed by Ing) but as it is now Dark Samus is nearly impossible to put down and remaining Metroid traits would probably fuck up the SA-X.

>hinted
Yeah, where? Aside from SR ending I don't see any hints.
>b-but SR ending IS the hint!!!
Yeah like Prime3 ending being the hint for Prime4. 13 years ago.

you should have learned not to think like this when it comes to metroid a long time ago. Dread in development with shown gameplay, nothing. Prime 3 secret ending, nothing for a decade.

So you missed Yoshio Sakamoto's interview last year, huh?

Metroid not getting games is caused by hardware for the most part. N64 and GBC hardware weren't good enough is the reason we didn't get any 2D Metroid games then and the same for why we didn't get a 2D one for the DS. Sakamoto has made it clear that he and his team are interested in making a game for the Switch and collaborating with MercurySteam again. Also, don't connect Sakamoto with Tanabe.

>whose

Attached: 1469828550065.jpg (387x411, 39K)

>one is metroid
>one is X
>metroids eat X
>"hurr which one is stronger the metroid or the x?
I fucking wonder.

Attached: 1486355942487.jpg (400x315, 75K)

alright you can believe what you want to, I've learned not to hype up anything with this series anymore

Consider this
>One is a Metroid Mutt that has mutated itself into cosplaying an orange bimbo with some added Space Pirate DNA
>One is an X-Mutt with too much DNA in itself, cosplaying an orange bimbo before she had Metroid DNA inserted into herself.
Would the DNA Dark Samus have still be considered fully Metroid, or does she not have the gene that literally eats X for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

Attached: 1534470771000.png (1001x1013, 355K)

the argument is moot, dark samus doesn't even need the metroid advantage to win

So Metroid 4 is? I'm fine with this..

Metroid 4 is already out you double nigger, it's called Metroid Fusion and it's been out since the GBA was a thing

I've learned to study the series development patterns the reason we got nothing after Other M from Sakamoto was because Team Ninja wasn't cutting it and Sakamoto wanted to mke a 2D game again, his team was too small so he had to find a team to collaborate with and this time work on something he and his team were good at making, 2D Metroid games, he eventually came accross MercurySteam and that's how their collaboration began. For the Prime series, Tanabe didn't have a team that could make Prime 4 for a long time and Retro, at the time didn't want to make it, but after Retro finished whatever game they were working on and Nintendo canceled the original Prime 4, Retro took over and restarted Prime 4's development under Tanabe.

Soooo, I'm playing through Super Metroid for the first time and while it's good, I really don't get the hype.

>Here's your new level bro (retextured cavern)
>can't progress unless you find and shoot one hidden destructible block
>backtracking to artificially lengthen game

Is AM2R better or worse? Cus that's next on the menu.

>complaining about backtracking
>in a metroidvania
newfag

Attached: 14232423455.jpg (634x456, 229K)

What do you think is the appeal of Metroidvania?

unrelated slightly, but how the shit would Samus feel about all the successful indie-metroidvanias popping up left and right?

Attached: 1549004671879.jpg (1092x1412, 404K)

head cannon time
>Phazon metroids evolved independently on Phaaze just like the phaaze-ing
>hence the several adult Prime exoskeletons molted on Phaaze
>when the leviathan with the Prime landed on Tallon, the chozo reverse engineered common metroids for use as X predators
>A phazon metroid like Prime/DSamus may not then have the X predation ability like a common metroid has

Are you stupid?

Probably disappointed none of them have really brought the genre forward any.

Attached: 1549343012480.png (256x137, 11K)

Ye, but is there anything indicating that it's actually pirate DNA that caused the transformation and not just the phazon pouring out of it?

The 2D games weren't really designed with the Prime series in mind so probably not.

what if dark samus ate sax and got fat haha just a thought

She probably wouldn't care about video games at all.
If we're speaking on the meta perspective as some sort of self aware franchise representative/mascot I guess happy for other's success. Don't really get much vibes of her being a sore loser or anything.

trollpost, but I do think AM2R is better than Super Metroid yeah. Super Metroid is a great game but AM2R has the ability to stand on its shoulders. There are many post Super Metroid metroidvanias I would rather play than Super Metroid.

they dont give a shit about samus. She has a plethora of suits to put in as alternatives but they don't meanwhile mario gets a builders outfit and a fucking wedding suit. The entire fucking koopa kids are in the game as alts.

Sakurai could just not care less about samus and I bet he cares even less for american samus.

This

really pisses me off how they waste time on mii trash no one gives a fuck about instead of alternative costumes for actual characters

well lets be real it's fucking mario, he gets more than anyone else

He should just remove Samus, his mistreatment of the Metroid series's protagonist is just another reason I no longer play Smash.

Samus still using the Other M design for two games now should tell you everything about Nintendo and Sakurai's concern for the Metroid series. Ultimate should have given us at least the SR Varia suit.

Attached: 13213424243.png (400x240, 165K)

Friendship, always.

Mario's mario but did the fucking bowser jr deserve 7 completely different animated and modeled alts of the koopa kids. You don't even need to make new animations for samus alts just make sure it doesn't clip. Face it, they had ample opportunity to add different alts for samus but you know what they gave her instead? Her fucking visor turns colors when she shoots super missile.

I would too, but I played smash before I played any metroid games. My love for samus is through smash foremost.

>Samus gets the SR Varia Suit design
>gets melee counter as a "new" down b
I'm not sure how I'd feel

Attached: melee counter.png (400x240, 100K)

>Samus still using the Other M design for two games now should tell you everything about Sakurai's concern for the Metroid series
ftfy, Nintendo cares about Metroid, the piece of shit known as Sakurai doesn't, get it right.

While I want to be mad at him for using the Other M design I don't think I can be and be honest. Ultimate was in development since 2015 and SR didn't come out till 2017, there's no way they could have incorporated the SR without already knowing about it and even if they did SR is not a mainline title, the last one is other m.

>Samus gets a new move
>it's another fucking counter
I would be so fucking pissed

Attached: 143.gif (405x414, 181K)

But SR is a mainline title, it's a remake like Zero Mission but like Zero Mission it's a remake of a mainline title and Brawl used Samus's Zero Mission suit, this is no excuse when they could have added it as an alt but all it gets is a fucking sticker, fuck Sakurai.

Attached: 1553482883021.jpg (1200x1600, 396K)

Sakurai not only making Zero Suit better but inventing these dumb fucking heels was the absolute last straw for me, I dont even give a fuck he put Ridley in the game against his will.

Attached: 12342341342.png (2228x2148, 2.14M)

SA-X and it even isn’t a fair fight. SA-X constantly multiplies itself whereas Metroid prime is stuck clinging to life in one of samus’s spare suits. To top it off Samus beat Metroid prime, and SA-X=Samus, ergo a shit ton of SA-X>>>>>>>>Metroid shit

>Sakurai not only making Zero Suit better
Go back, SR already fixed her, Sakurai just broke her again.

Attached: Samus and Joey.jpg (840x1189, 704K)

>Freak monster Metroid
>vs
>Freak monster X

Dark Samus wins easily.

Better as in a better fighter than in her powersuit.

You're right, I was going to say maybe mainline title isnt the right wording. SR isn't on a home console like all the other suits that are in smash were but samus's brawl suit takes some inspiration from Zero Mission.

Sorry, but still fuck Sakurai for even that, I don't believe he's ever played a Metroid game in his life.

Attached: 1426104427844.jpg (709x1001, 188K)

I agree with you, did you read my post?

Those heels are really fucking stupid. No appearance in any of her games. Doesn't play anything like she did in the games she was playable. I'm not entirely mad about her moveset, having nothing to go off gives you a lot freedom from fan expectation but I'm never not going to be pissed that ZSS is consistently better than Samus in every smash game.

>It's another Metroid fags complain about being mistreated when they've gotten above average treatment the entire series episode
You've gotten new stages, remixes, items, and assist trophies in every game up to Ultimate.
You fags shouldn't even have gotten a stage in 4, your series wholly inactive at that point.
You fags are only complaining about the Other M suit because you dislike it, no one gave a shit when Brawl used the Zero Mission suit despite Prime having been out for a number of years

Shut the fuck up, just because you hate one aspect of your representation doesn't give you the right to complain like you're on the same level as Wario or Modern Kirby fans

Attached: 1497494396719.jpg (761x1051, 343K)

Attached: 1364526063976.png (1920x1007, 1.85M)

Get angry with us instead of at us. What about kirby and wario makes you mad?

Attached: +_64e30bfde935bafb1225574aeed77fb7.jpg (245x204, 51K)

Yeah, I apologized to you, I was just commenting on Sakurai making Power Suit Samus weaker than Zero Suit Samus, goddammit Sakurai!

Kirby is self fucking explanatory, the amount of wank for the games before the 2000's would be fine if it didn't come at the cost of content being made literally anything else
Wario only has one move from WarioLand. This would be fine if he didn't also have a pitiful music collection with one song from Land, and two stages both from Ware

What if...?

Attached: ppap.jpg (400x250, 64K)

Of course SA-X.

Why is this a problem
How did you want zero Suit to play?
Smash barely makes sense with canon power levels already, why is this so egregious?
ZSS' moveset just lends itself better to the metagame

X parasite can infect any living creature. Even if it gets defeated, it can just infect dark samus.

Attached: 1536263547216.jpg (1334x942, 238K)

Did you forget that metroids were explicitly made to kill X-parasites?

Attached: 1506063205307.jpg (1240x1748, 256K)

Assuming enough of a metroid remains within the "suit".

Dread had gameplay?

Dark Samus is Metroid Prime which is already natty on Phazon + Samus' DNA.
So it depends on if just seing DS makes SA-X go full retard like the one in Fusion because it innately knows "this is a super fucking scary Metroid motherfucker" and it just starts going hurrdurr and firing wantonly like the SA-X in the restricted area or the one that outright turned its back to Samus because it viewed the Omega as a greater immediate threat.
Pretty sure DS would win.

Metroids were created to literally eat X Parasites. An Omega Metroid one-shots SA-X at the end of Metroid Fusion. And I don't think I have the need to say that Dark Samus is WAY more powerful than an Omega Metroid.

Attached: metroidprime.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

There's no reason to think it doesn't, and moreover Dark Samus is probably just straight up more powerful than SA-X.
They both have the benefit of stealing power from a fully powered up Samus, but Dark Samus has gained substantially more power since that point, and had a stronger base form to boot.

HD Prime Trilogy when. This picture makes me want it so badly for some reason.

I hope The next metroid game builds more on the foundations of the original 4. Samus Returns was really great in how it built new things for the series, but now I want to see them integrate more of the stuff they had been building up in the early 2000s and earlier metroid games
>Fusion has a really cool horror aspect
>Zero Mission adds a slightly worse but more complex version
>Samus Returns has nothing like it
I want to see stuff like that not only come back, but be expanded upon and made better.

Attached: chozo hitler.jpg (4032x3024, 999K)

I would say the SA-X -would- win... if it were a perfect copy. Despite what they posit in-game(that the X absorb the memories and intelligence of those they assimilate) the SA-X in the restricted area ISN'T using the Ice Beam on the metroids. It gets killed by three of them!
So my guess is that Samus' partial infection prevented the X from assimilating her intelligence in full - all it really had was very basic knowledge of her functions, but didn't have specialized intelligence(i.e. how to deal with Metroids, or even that simple shots open doors so it instantly blows shit the fuck open until it literally learns to take it easy)
Just from that alone, Dark Samus is superior. The Space Pirates even bemoan the fact a second Hunter has appeared initially in Echoes.

I just hope they don't just try to reset thing to the status quo.
At least let Samus keep some variant of the Fusion suit instead of just giving her her old suit back by finding another Chozo copy or something.
Hope they change their mind on Samus losing her Metroid DNA, from that one Sakurai interview.

Agreed, I'm ready for Metroid 5.

I can see why he doesn't use anything from newer kirby's having disassociated himself with the series and disliking creating sequels.
But he's worked on wario ware before, maybe he's just indifferent to him.

Oh, absolutely. A single SA-X is no match against Dark Samus.

But these motherfuckers spread like a plague, and within 24 hours Dark Samus is going to get swarmed by several copies of Samus at full power. That is why I think Dark Samus would lose.

I hope they don't, I want Samus' old suit back and I want Metroid to be more open-ended again.

probably because of how imposing the Metroid Prime was.
Mother fucker looked badass even in concept, maybe except for the goofy-looking Prime Essence there

Attached: Metroidprime_concept.jpg (1394x1044, 953K)

Dark Samus can also make copies of itself, to be fair.
I don't know what the limit is or how sustainable they are, but that is something it has done.

People have every right to dislike Nintendo's treatment of Metroid. Other M was literally an attempt to murder the series and make it fap bait for weeaboos. It would be like making Mario a story heavy hallway simulator, or letting Tameem "Fuck you" antoinades make Kirby. There are just some lines you don't cross, and if the fandom didn't cry out, that's what we would've gotten forevermore.

Also also Dark Samus has corrupting plague abilities just like the X.

Attached: 1409716021981.jpg (800x800, 111K)

Fuck off, this is a Metroid thread.

>stop talking about Metroid in a metroid thread

Attached: 1555966088333.png (810x688, 455K)

Complaining about complaining is meta shit.

I disagree about the suit, part of what made Fusion so great was how it made things clear: What's happened to Samus is irreparable. About the gameplay, I think in terms of status quo he mainly meant how Samus's suit is different, her ship is different, the way she interacts with the world is different, etc. not that the gameplay should stay like Fusion

I would love for you to talk about Metroid. Well, maybe not you, because you don't seem like you care about the series.

I love the series though.

Attached: Nightmare.png (480x320, 24K)

Yep. I didn't want her to just randomly gain her old suit back.
I'd like a less linear game than Fusion and have it be more exploration heavy.
I just don't want them to basically turn Fusion into nothing but filler that could be completely forgotten about.
The oufit is iconic, and I'd even be okay if the Fusion suit got upgraded to resemble her old one a bit more but I don't want the events of Fusion to basically mean nothing.

X parasites are a more insidious enemy, and thus makes for better stories. Dark Samus isn't remotely Eldritch, and turns into a shonen anime boss.

This guy was almost as horrifying as the Crocomire fight.

Way I see it it could turn into a biological arms race.
Lets say the Feds and Space Pirates throw these two onto some barren planet. No explanation as to how or why, they're just thrown on there for research purposes and maybe a bit of bragging rights.
By hour 2, Dark Samus and SA-X would have probably identified each other and, due to instinctual programming in there genetics, would beat the ever-loving shit out of each other.
SA-X would probably fuck off, however, due to the fact that Dark Samus is questionably part metroid (we're excluding the fact that the DNA may or may not be heavily mutated)
By hour 3 or 4, SA-X would have pulled some Mitosis-tier shit and would probably have 3 or 4 copies of itself roaming around in a pack to hunt this turbo-junkie down and put a bolt in her ayy brain.
By hour 6, we'd have probably two squads of them searching for Dark Samus while she snipes them down, using an Echo as a distraction for these Super Metroid power-level fuckers.
By Hour 10, the population may be in check but it wouldn't be long before their numbers start to increase tenfold. Dark Samus, at this time, would probably terraform a part of this shitty barren planet into a Phazon haven.
This is where shit starts to go down from here
By the end of day 1, we'd probably see a sizeable amount of SA-X hunting down Dark Samus, with a few others possibly having morphed into predators adapted to taking on Metroids if they were brainlet enough to do so. A hive mind starts to form.
Dark Samus already has a little phazon haven going down, all she'd have to do is snipe from afar or go pure autistic-rage mode and beat the shit out of a small squad of them before having to retreat and recover.
By hour 6 of Day 2, we'd see Phazon Corruption affecting some of the X-parasites.
There are now defectors in the hive-mind, these niggers are gonna focus on possibly a bigger threat than Dark Samus: Deviant mutant species of X-parasites.
-continued later

It would have saved a lot of headaches if they simply made Prime an AU.

Think it was worse. Crocomire did the skeleton thing and revealed he was harmless shortly after the death.
Nightmare still fought and was a threat even as he was melting.
That plus the gravity gimmick making my missles useless did make them feel threatening enough game wise.

You are now aware that this thing was the Federation's first attempt at an anti-Samus weapon.

He just might be the best boss of the 2D games.

BRING BACK CROCOMIRE
PUT HIM IN METROID 5
PUT HIM IN METROID PRIME 4
PUT HIM AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN SMASH ULTIMATE
BRING BACK CROCOMIRE

Attached: Chadomire.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I don't think that case, the fact that SR tries to fit itself in with Zero Mission, Super, and Fusion tells you something then there's the universe trailer that shows all mainline games in the series, the only Metroid game I can see them ignoring is Other M, Sakamoto seems to be distancing himself and Metroid from that game and that's a good thing.

BASED

Attached: 13562365243.png (903x928, 2.01M)

supposedly, according to IGN

But would user survive having a galaxy wide extinction level wife?

Why are you so cruel? Crocomire is supe dead. No need to have it suffer further.

Attached: LovingWifeIsABiologicalHorror.png (609x873, 563K)

Bring back Kraid as well.

By Hour 8 we'd probably already see signs of wide-scale battle as two hive minds start to beat the ever-loving shit out of each other.
The Mutant Species would probably lose out on a bit of their DNA-copying abilities due to the mutagenic properties of Phazon, thus possibly corrupting or quite frankly fucking up their DNA reserve in the first place, relying on the remains of other X-parasites to reconstruct this said DNA bank.
What ends up happening would possibly be full-scale biological war as SA-X's and other X-parasite animals tear at this other mutant strain of X-parasite while Dark Samus, acting like the eldritch bitch she is, keeps adding onto the numbers and spreading the phazon around.
Obviously she wouldn't sit around and do jack-shit; The X would possibly adapt to a highly-radioactive environment within a few days, maybe even sooner than that, so this junkie-mutt would have to act fast in order to purge the original strain from this Warhammer-tier battleground of a planet.
One of two things could happen as a result:
Either the original X-strain is completely annihilated by a combination of the mutant strain and Dark Samus
Or perhaps the Original Strain assimilates the Mutant Strain and uses Dark Samus' own Phazon against her.
Either way, the planet is fucked, the feds are gonna flip their shit because they just fucked up more than cloning metroids, and the Space Pirates are ree-ing because not only is there a Dark Samus now, but there are Samus Clones, fucked-up imbread-looking Samus Clones, and god forbid maybe even a living tube or two.

Dark Samus should've had her MP2 look as well. Shit, Samus deserved to have true alts of all the suits she's got too. And Justin Bailey for ZSS as well.

This isn't even factoring the possible tech on the world.
Imagine if the two landed on Aether and you threw the Ing into this throwdown.
X-parasites consuming and imitating Ing then getting spiked by Phazon would be able to assimilate just about anything.

not him but X-parasites wouldn't consume ing, it would be the other way around if anything

Then we'd have Warhammer-tier end of the galaxy-level shit going down.
X-parasites, both mutant and normal, would be assimilating not only organic hosts, but inorganic as well.
You'd have phazon-powered droids beating the shit out of other droids that aren't even controlled by AI anymore.
By this point both strains would probably gain the knowledge of advance ship building and, using themselves as AI by simply using the DNA of an Ing to control the AI of their ship, they wouldn't even need to rely on systems or shit when they have the entire hivemind controlling the system.
Phazon would spread throughout like a cocain run over the border
Both strains would begin to assimilate mass populations of intelligent species just to out-compete the other strain.
Dark Samus and the SA-X would legitimately beging to compete for galactic territory as everyone else shits their pants over what is now comparable to a Blood vs Kripp gang war except on a galactic scale.
If it was the other way around, we'd still have a galactic-tier meltdown, except now instead of the X-Parasites you have the Ing assimilating species, expanding on their physical prowess due to their possession essentially enhancing the being overall. Edgy space ayys would be the norm as they begin to exert their control over the galaxy and Dark Samus would possibly have to contend with the same thing, since it is known that she didn't give a shit about the Ing unless they were in the way of her Phazon.

Weren't there at least 10 offspring 4 hours after the initial containment breach? If none of them die by hour 8, there would be at least 100 SA-X running around leaving their own eggs all over the place.

Had more the X-modifying and possessing the Ing because the Ing are limited to Dark zones IIRC unless posessing something.
If the X possess and slightly modify and Ing then they can possibly use them to target Metroids (as Ing created Dark Metroids) covering one of their major threats.

The X are capable of combining DNA from assimilated species so we could get something like X merging Ing and Luminoth to create Ing that can survive outside of the dark or in the light.

>the Ing are limited to Dark zones IIRC
did you forget the scene where like a hundred of them came to the light world to BTFO the GF troopers? They're weak to concentrated light powers developed by the luminoth, not the light world just like any other phazon being

>omega one hits it
It was severely weakened by Samus

those are Ing-possessed Splinters, aka Ing-possesed ayy spiders, not actual Ing.
They rely on possessing organisms in the light world in order to survive outside of the dark world.

Attached: 250px-Dark_Splinter.png (250x209, 37K)

it fully recovered by the time it took on the omega pirate, hence why it wasn't mutated anymore

oh yeah my bad, didn't remember it correctly

Why didn't we get any of those as spirits? They were such obvious picks...

Attached: Metroid Spirits1.png (3136x1613, 3.96M)

Here's the reason: Stop ruining Metroid threads with your smash spam.

I'm not going to go as far as to say Sakurai&co have some kind of vendetta with the series like other victim complex-filled anons do, because that's stupid.
But I do think it's all simply a result of the Metroid series as a whole not being that popular in the country it comes from.
Also I unironically like the Other M suit in Ultimate and all the animations she has, but it is pretty criminal how the character with the most potential for alt costumes has none.

Attached: 1c315539-a03b-46eb-a57d-7fe86c740d39.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

I think the most dangerous as an individual unit would have been Gandraya if she weren't such a dumbass.
Just via her natural unaugmented abilites she could imitate Samus's power suit and the abilities of all the other hunters in that game.

Dark Samus didn't exploit absorbing her as well as she could have either but if someone put a more malolent and intelligent force piloting her just about everything would be fucked over.

A lot of OC was made due to spirit speculation, that's why.

Attached: adeleine doodles all over sylux.png (800x800, 536K)

Reminder that the adult Baby Metroid should officially be called a Super Metroid

Attached: SamusVarious.jpg (1280x1841, 527K)

One of the worst things that could happen, because it brought smash autism into metroid threads.

>haha what would happen if Samus farted haha
>omg she's muh waifu
>I ship Samus with Snake/LittleMac/Ridley XD!

I'd rather the threads never exist if this is what they're gonna boil down to.

Daily reminder that the Adeliene-Sylux OC was made due in part to the Sylux-Dark Samus OC that was made a year ago and the speculation on the Spirit shit, thus resulting in another explosion of Sylux-Dark Samus OC with Weavel acting as a Space Pirate Tard Guard

Attached: 1543561201076.png (2112x2864, 956K)

>Baby Metroid
Enough with that. It's either Metroid Larva or Metroid Hatchling.

Attached: METROID LARVA.png (256x224, 22K)

Sorry i forgot the term but to be fair we're basically calling the heroic lad a manchild

Attached: SamusMega.jpg (600x944, 65K)

b-but user... THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY THE BABY

Attached: DAH BABEY.png (600x591, 415K)

>this is what Yea Forums defends as a good Metroid installment

Cringe

This

>Yea Forums is one person
Also, you can fuck off now, ACfag.

Reminder

Attached: virgin vs chad.png (2518x1024, 323K)

Fuck off, hardly anybody seriously defends Other M as a game.
And before you point out to people posting and fapping to pictures of bombshell blonde Samus, those started being a thing long before Other M, and are now more associated with Smash than main series Metroid.

Don't respond to ACfag, if you don't respond then he will leave the thread

>people literally praising Other M for making Samus short because amazon samus is "eww gay"

Sure doesn't look like anyone hates Other M.

This. Daily reminder that ACFag only wants to derail threads with his obsession.
This is a SA-X vs Dark Samus thread, not an autist shit-flinging thread.

Attached: 1536266924183.png (2256x2728, 1M)

this. I've already seen this fucker showing up in Hollow Knight, Kirby and even Devil May Cry threads. I've yet to see someone with a higher level of autism than Doug.

Attached: 6.jpg (332x346, 64K)

>Hollow Knight
Not the Hollow Knight Threads

Attached: Samus and Vessel.png (404x283, 60K)

Based on nothing other than intuition I think SA-X would beat DS from MP2, but DS from MP3 is way too strong

I feel like MP2 DS and SA-X would have an equal fight.
Possibly an average of 1 to 2 wins per fight on each side, and millions in property damage both government and civilian-owned.
It'd sure make an anti-government autist proud

Attached: 1536287051653.png (476x350, 134K)

Not to insult anyone, but you guys seem a bit paranoid.

man if you've seen how much bullshit derailment this nigger has caused in any metroid thread whatsoever you'd know why.

Attached: ACFag Doug Harris.png (1918x3712, 2.19M)

except X are weak to metroid in every way.

>look at image
>first thing I see is le 56% shitposting meme from /int/
>stop reading

There was no need to cover a potential infographic with that shit.

I mean the SA-X did assimilate off a Samus that already went through the Prime games.
So maybe it could access some experience in that regard?
But really the SA-X we've seen so far in fusion acted pretty retarded whenever it had to face a Metroid.

>Remember that when Dark Samus first appeared she too was also just some wild animal more or less.
But that's wrong you fucking space pirate. Dark Samus' head tilt the very first yime we see her is supposed to let the player know that it is an intelligent being. That's why she shoots the crystal behind Samus.

I mean hey, you get 12 or more super-metroid tier brainlets going against a super-mutant metroid, probably even more, it'd be a scene straight out of the Matrix really

>But that's wrong you fucking space pirate
Says the double fed here. Dark Samus didn't even try to make any allies or shit. All she did was murder-fuck her way through Aether just to get her fix. She was intelligent, but by no means some graceful ayy like in 3. She's a fuckin psycho animal.

To be fair, Samus was basically a Metroid in Fusion, and she wasn't able to curb stomp them easily

this guy is a bitch when doing 1%

I imagine SA-X could potentially beat Prime 2 Dark Samus but if it's her 3 version she's probably fucked

Dark Samus is technically a Metroid, which were designed to eat X parasites. So my money's on her.

That is something we do forget.
Dark Samus' Metroid origins would just act as a possible defense against infection. The SA-X or X in general can still attack her in a general sense.

Did the X get on board the research station from anything other than Samus' armor because that shows just how damn fast they can spread and infect things if given some decent hosts.
Even had the intelligence retained to an extent with the scientist that wanted to overheat the station and prioritized Samus' death over their own personal survival.

I just feel like if the SA-X could tap into muscle memory and take the fight seriously, MP2's DS wouldn't be much of a threat. The biggest obstacle would be Dark Samus's invisibility that I don't believe the x-ray scope could counteract.

I hope the next Metroid gets announced in the next couple of years. It was a dick move of Nintendo to announce it years ago, and then completely cancel it. Why would they announce a game they don't even have in development yet?

On the other hand I did forget about this. Just because the X can't infect somethig doesn't mean they can't hurt it. Otherwise there'd be no threat in the game.

I can see them announcing Metroid 5 at E3 this year and Prime 4 was well into development last year, it's just that things didn't go that well and they had to cancel it and restart its development under Retro Studios this time.

I'd just hope they announce it only when they have something that they are confident in and won't cancel or have to delay too much.
While I'm looking forward to Prime 4 happening it will still be a while before it drops.

I mean look at it this way, as it stands Dark Samus has:
>Phazon-infused scatter beam
>Phazon Laser
>Seeker Missiles (I think, don't remember if she gets them like Samus or not)
>Super Missiles
>Big fuck-off Phazon Beam
>Thin, concentrated Phazon Laser
>Phazon-infused boost ball
>Throwing herself at her target via an energy ball
>missile-deflecting energy shield
And god forbid if she starts to overload on that shit

Attached: Metroid_Prime_2_Echoes_Dark_Samus.jpg (853x448, 86K)

that's because
a) The metroid vaccine actually made her weaker. Also, remember, she almost died in a crash against a asteroid belt at the beginning of the game.
b) The Fusion Suit might be weaker than the OG Power Suit (the one back in Metroid 1/Zero Mission), since is one of Samus, possibly at her weakest state.
c) The SA-X had the Ice Beam, Power Bomb and the Varia Suit. They're basically a Super Metroid Samus, but without any level of morality.
I don't think SA-X would be able to kill or harm Dark Samus at all. To kill it, you'd have to get rid of Phazon entirely. Keep in mind that Dark Samus managed to survive a Planet exploding inside another dimension, and somehow, came back, because of their existencial link with phazon. Also keep in mind that Dark Samus should be able to corrupt even fucking ghosts, judging how Chozo Ghosts were corrupted in Prime 1. Taking that into account, I think it would be fairly easy to corrupt the X, and once corrupted, you become part of the hivemind.

Attached: Metroid Fusion_11.png (240x160, 15K)

Doug's been this longer than Barneyag.

Hey guys I just woke up from my two year coma. So how was Metroid Prime 4? Did you all enjoy it?

Attached: 1532075998805.jpg (401x349, 37K)

But Samus took care of all that with weaker loadouts. SA-X's biggest disadvantage might be just using the Varia suit and not a stronger suit to tank the hits that Samus could throughout MP2.

>since is one of Samus, possibly at her weakest state.
*since that's Samus, possibly in at her weakest.
Holy shit I'm a fucking retard

Dark Samus is a Metroid gone nuclear. If SA-X brought all the clones of itself to fight there might be a fair fight. One would be a fucking Snack to Dark Samus.

Y-yeah, about that...

all this talk of multiple SA-X clones vs Dark Samus keeps taking me back to the Matrix.
Imagine, if you will, hundreds of these brainlets just trying to beat the shit out of her while she just holds her own with all that radioactive bullshit.
I'd pay for an animation, probably would be on-par with the likes of Haloid

I forget, who the hell is Barneyfag?
Isn't he the guy that baits ponyfaggots with shitposting?

Dark Samus would probably win. Metroids> X parasites. I also think Phazon is retardedly strong and probably more than enough to beat SA-X.

While that's true to an extent it still manged to infect Samus when even the Ing and Phazon didn't manage to completely overtake her.

Dark Samus' sheer durability given her end of Prime 2 feat of ressurection basically just puts her as immortal as long as Phazon exists and the X's lack of morality might just make it decide to embrace phazon to it'd own undoing.

Just stating the metroid nature doesn't automatically give it the win and it still was able to give a fight with a more experienced Samus at least.
Because Samus' equipment is an important factor but the fact she's the one wielding it also is another key component to her effectiveness.

Dark Samus.
Throw in Sylux and you have a tag-team worth keeping
God I miss Sylux-posting

Attached: squatting slavs.png (932x718, 133K)

Ehh it'll come back when Prime 4 is almost released. So in like two years.

>two years

Attached: sylux.jpg (557x557, 31K)

I honestly would like to see a game where multiple plot points from several of the games just sort of collide together. Games don't do it as much as I'd like.

>Phazon X Clone Meta Ridley

>Who would win? A Metroid, or the natural prey of Metroids that the Metroids hunted to near extinction?
Is this a trick question?

>Super Dark Samus X
>Phazon X-Clone Meta Ridley
man it can get into some fanfic-tier crossover territory if its left unchecked

I can see lewd hot stuff on the top, user stop.